PDA

View Full Version : Bonner is Pop's illegitimate child, tbh...

ElNono
12-18-2014, 12:05 AM
Has to be...

This is a topic that I thought was a case closed 3 seasons ago, with the emergence of Tiago... even this season, Baynes filled in a lot of the minutes...

What the hell is going on with Pop lovefest for the redhead? Especially against a frontline that thoroughly dominated Matty in '11...

SMH

spurraider21
12-18-2014, 12:06 AM
Matty went in raw in '13 playoffs tho

DesignatedT
12-18-2014, 12:07 AM
Didn't play him when it mattered. Not sure why Baynes didn't play but it's obvious Tiago is still on a minute restriction.

TheGreatYacht
12-18-2014, 12:07 AM
He can't even shoot 3's anymore...

DesignatedT
12-18-2014, 12:08 AM
Pop is scared to death of Tiago getting hurt. He really is.

ElNono
12-18-2014, 12:09 AM

Tiago largely played those minutes and took ZBo's cookie...

I don't mind spot minutes, but Matty is a guy completely overmatched and also he's showing his age, tbh... he was an absolute disaster in that 1st half, he ended up not even taking a 3 point shot, missed the only shot he took and ended -14...

ElNono
12-18-2014, 12:10 AM
I have no idea why Baynes didn't play, unless it's CIA Pop hiding him for a potential playoff matchup

spurraider21
12-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Tiago largely played those minutes and took ZBo's cookie...

I don't mind spot minutes, but Matty is a guy completely overmatched and also he's showing his age, tbh... he was an absolute disaster in that 1st half, he ended up not even taking a 3 point shot, missed the only shot he took and ended -14...
no offense but i dont even care about the rest of your post tbh. i'm used to Bonner playing like shit, but he used to fluke his way into a team-leading +/-

if he doesn't even have that going for him, it might be time to retire

ElNono
12-18-2014, 12:12 AM
no offense but i dont even care about the rest of your post tbh. i'm used to Bonner playing like shit, but he used to fluke his way into a team-leading +/-

if he doesn't even have that going for him, it might be time to retire

He was so bad, that I thought he played more than 15 mins... I guess I couldn't wait for him to GTFO of the court...

Legacy
Seriously, where the fuck was Baynes?

loveforthegame
This will be RC and Pops number one weapon in convincing Leonard to stay this summer. Take a pay cut so we can surround you with Bonner, Daye, Errors, Marco.

Sign here please.

td4mvp21
12-18-2014, 12:14 AM
You never forget your first love.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2014, 12:14 AM
Diversion thread.

spurraider21
12-18-2014, 12:15 AM
Diversion thread.
:lol ElNono

ElNono
12-18-2014, 12:17 AM
Diversion thread.

:lol not true, tbh... I'm checking out all the threads...

HI-FI
12-18-2014, 12:18 AM
Deflecting from another choke by his client.

Malik Hairston
12-18-2014, 12:19 AM
It's a meaningless game, tbh..Bonner won't be playing when it matters..

Splitter looked great and he has owned Randolph for years, he will play when it matters, if he can stay healthy(miraculously)..

Mugen
12-18-2014, 12:19 AM
:lol the only time Chump has made me laugh in his like 88k posts tbh

Ice009
12-18-2014, 12:21 AM
Bonner's like a floating turd that you just can't seem to flush down the toilet. You just can't seem to get rid of him.

I don't know why Pop continues to play him so much. It's a waste of time. All he should be getting is spot minutes at best. So far this season, I'd rather Baynes take a jumpshot than Bonner shooting anything outside of garbage time.

RD2191
12-18-2014, 12:22 AM
Bonner's like a floating turd that you just can't seem to flush down the toilet. You just can't seem to get rid of him.

I don't know why Pop continues to play him so much. It's a waste of time. All he should be getting is spot minutes at best. So far this season, I'd rather Baynes take a jumpshot than Bonner shooting anything outside of garbage time.
:lmao

ElNono
12-18-2014, 12:22 AM
:lol damnit, I was about to start a Daye thread...

milkyway21
12-18-2014, 12:25 AM
This will be RC and Pops number one weapon in convincing Leonard to stay this summer. Take a pay cut so we can surround you with Bonner, Daye, Errors, Marco.

Sign here please.

:lmao :lmao
OMG truth hurts ! Maybe that IS why Kawhi is having doubts, his eyes traveling outside San Antonio as well. :lol

I'm so angry with Bonner during the game. He is not a super defender you know. ..so, he's here for some reason :shoot 3s but I think he lost his touch already. OR he has no guts to do it anymore. Sucks!

SpurPadre
12-18-2014, 12:57 AM
No one hates this piece of amphibian shit more than I do so let me chime in here to declare I approve this thread.

Arcadian
12-18-2014, 12:58 AM
Notice how Bonner wasn't a closer in this game.

Well, here's a pro tip: Maybe if you make your closers the same people as your starters, you'll have a better start to the game...???

ChumpDumper
12-18-2014, 01:02 AM
You're a pro what?

Johnny RIngo
12-18-2014, 01:03 AM
It's injury-plagued stretches like this that really makes you question the front office when it comes to how they use the MLE. They used it last year on Ayres and Marco. Ayres was supposed to buy Duncan rest during the season - he's been a massive disappoint and looks worse than most D-League players. Marco was a lateral move from Neal - just as bad defensively and just as ineffective come playoff time(maybe less - at least Neal had a big game or two in the post-season).

This year, they opted not to use any of the MLE. Having another impact would be useful right about now. Instead, we're forced to play Bonner 18 mpg this season(up from his 11 mpg the last two years) and Daye 11 mpg. Daye shouldn't be seeing ANY playing time and Bonner should have retired already.

ElNono
12-18-2014, 01:06 AM
It's injury-plagued stretches like this that really makes you question the front office when it comes to how they use the MLE. They used it last year on Ayres and Marco. Ayres was supposed to buy Duncan rest during the season - he's been a massive disappoint and looks worse than most D-League players. Marco was a lateral move from Neal - just as bad defensively and just as ineffective come playoff time(maybe less - at least Neal had a big game or two in the post-season).

This year, they opted not to use any of the MLE. Having another impact would be useful right about now. Instead, we're forced to play Bonner 18 mpg this season(up from his 11 mpg the last two years) and Daye 11 mpg. Daye shouldn't be seeing ANY playing time and Bonner should have retired already.

Well, it's not like Pop didn't have an alternative. Baynes was suited up. I think Pop still thinks Bonner is a floor spacer, but I rather have Diaw playing that role 100 times out of 100 times.

Ice009
12-18-2014, 01:06 AM
I'm much rather have Neal in the playoffs over Belinelli as a scorer, but I can't stand Neal breaking the offense and chucking up shots and not passing the ball. They're both bad on defense and I haven't forgotten Neal leaving a shoeless Miller wide open. You can't win with either of them.

SpurPadre
12-18-2014, 01:09 AM
Don't you guys get it? He'll never fucking go away! He'll retire but then will still be hired to the staff, probably be the head coach, eventually be the owner, and then be buried underneath the court with a fucking statue made in his honor. He'll haunt us for the rest of our fucking lives.

RD2191
12-18-2014, 01:09 AM
I'm much rather have Neal in the playoffs over Belinelli as a scorer, but I can't stand Neal breaking the offense and chucking up shots and not passing the ball. They're both bad on defense and I haven't forgotten Neal leaving a shoeless Miller wide open. You can't win with either of them.
I don't get the Neal hate. Patty is just as much a chucker as Neal was. I remember multiple games last year where he was taking more shots than Parker and Kawhi.

RD2191
12-18-2014, 01:10 AM
Don't you guys get it? He'll never fucking go away! He'll retire but then will still be hired to the staff, probably be the head coach, eventually be the owner, and then be buried underneath the court with a fucking statue made in his honor. He'll haunt us for the rest of our fucking lives.

Ice009
12-18-2014, 01:11 AM
I don't get the Neal hate. Patty is just as much a chucker as Neal was. I remember multiple games last year where he was taking more shots than Parker and Kawhi.

I don't know how to say it, Neal just goes off on his own and looks for his own shot.

Patty seems to let it flow more and the ball movement is way better IMO with Patty. The ball movement wasn't as great with Neal. Patty also worked hard to at least come into last season with the intention of improving on the defensive end of the court.

SpurPadre
12-18-2014, 01:13 AM

Oh yeah, he's even infested our fucking sodas, brainwashed disturbed kids into getting his face as a haircut, and getting me to fucking hate sandwiches which I once loved until he started declaring his love for them. Yes, he's a sick fuck.

playbonner15
12-18-2014, 01:15 AM
He'll show up when it matters and Pop knows that

kobyz
12-18-2014, 02:30 AM
They do have similar features...

hyhy
12-18-2014, 05:23 AM
When shooters develop a game outside of shooting, they tend to lose abit of their shooting touch tbh, especially for role players. The mindset used to be "i get the ball, if i am open, i shoot, if not i pass." Now its "i get the ball, should i shoot, or should i fake the shot and drive in?" This results in hesitation that causes role players to miss their shots

AaronY
12-18-2014, 08:16 AM
I missed the game but looking at the box score I'm like catatonic that Baynes didn't play..guys been a boss lately..

jeebus
12-18-2014, 09:51 AM
I have no idea why Baynes didn't play, unless it's CIA Pop hiding him for a potential playoff matchup
Would've been nice to see Bayne put some hard fouls on the Fat Towers tbh. Boner should only be played against OKC imo.

Johnny RIngo
12-18-2014, 12:21 PM
Well, it's not like Pop didn't have an alternative. Baynes was suited up. I think Pop still thinks Bonner is a floor spacer, but I rather have Diaw playing that role 100 times out of 100 times.

It's pretty ridiculous that we're going backwards and giving Bonner the most mpg he's had since the 2012 season. I thought Pop and the Spurs had moved on from that bullshit two years ago. Here we are in 2014 giving Matty almost 20 mpg every night.

Godbama
12-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Well shit, I'd still rather have him take an open three than Austin Daye. Well, I mean, I'd rather have him do most things instead of Austin Daye doing them.

GrandeDavid
12-18-2014, 01:17 PM
He can't even shoot 3's anymore...

I hate how he's hesitating. He did that yesterday a couple of times. He needs to take those threes and not flinch in self-doubt.

Brunodf
12-18-2014, 01:37 PM
I am glad that i missed the game, i would've been so mad watching Zbo destroy Diaw/Bonner while Splitter was sitting on the bench

Johnny RIngo
12-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Well shit, I'd still rather have him take an open three than Austin Daye. Well, I mean, I'd rather have him do most things instead of Austin Daye doing them.

Daye shouldn't even be on an NBA team. He has a 2.57 PER and is shooting 28% from three(29% overall). He's a shooter that can't shoot. WTF is he even doing on our roster?

Godbama
12-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Daye shouldn't even be on an NBA team. He has a 2.57 PER and is shooting 28% from three(29% overall). He's a shooter that can't shoot. WTF is he even doing on our roster?
I agree, I'm not one of those Spurs fans who expects the final spots on our rosters to be amazing or anything, but I realistically can't imagine there aren't other dudes in the d-league or FAs or fucking anyone that might be worth giving a shot rather than Austin Daye.

Old School 44
12-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Bonner's another regular season minutes eater. You won't see much of him in the playoffs. I'll give Bonner credit for improving his dribble and hook shot when the defense runs him off the 3 pt line. Whether rightly or wrongly labeled, Bonner has a perceived reputation as a very good three point shooter. Only Spurs fans who watch him all the time know the real deal.

lefty
12-18-2014, 06:29 PM
TBH, younger Matt Bonner kinda looks like Pop tbh

http://new2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/I+m+not+really+worried+about+it+_842d994eb526448de 666456a3478ade4.jpg

Old School 44
12-18-2014, 07:04 PM
TBH, younger Matt Bonner kinda looks like Pop tbh

http://new2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/I+m+not+really+worried+about+it+_842d994eb526448de 666456a3478ade4.jpg

LOL...Pop and Conan O'Brien's love child.