PDA

View Full Version : McDonald on Twitter: "Same injury report for Portland: Parker (out), Leonard (out)...

NASpurs
12-18-2014, 03:55 PM

RD2191
12-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Lawd. This sucks.

Robz4000
12-18-2014, 03:57 PM
Welp

Darius Bieber
12-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Y'all better start believing a 12 game losing streak is coming up.

BatManu20
12-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Add Timmy and Manu to that list.

Time to ISO Bonner every possession.

Robz4000
12-18-2014, 04:07 PM
Pop literally giving no fucks

ElNono
12-18-2014, 04:08 PM
tbh, at which point do the Spurs start getting seriously concerned with Tony's hamstring issues?

- Leaves game with tight hammy in March 2012
- Hurt hammy during the 2013 Finals
- Had a week off last season and hurt the hammy again in the playoffs
- Hurt hammy again this season

Mouth is Bleeding
12-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Hamstrings are the worst and when will forever return until very special attention and discipline is provided to everything involving various workout routines, specific stretching and minute management.

Look at Manu before and after the hamstring problems. No more just chilling on the bench until entering the game. These days he is always busy stretching.

EVAY
12-18-2014, 04:19 PM
tbh, at which point do the Spurs start getting seriously concerned with Tony's hamstring issues?

Seems to me they are plenty worried, thus the long recovery time. Shouldn't have been allowed to come back as soon as he did this last time, imo. Everybody takes longer to heal the older they get. I hope they keep him out until he is completely healed, because he has this tendency ( seemingly) to try to come back before he is ready, or to play hurt, and it is a terrible idea whenever he tries that. His game does not allow for bad wheels. His speed and the amount of running and cutting he has to do when he is in good form CANNOT be done with leg or ankle injuries.

He used to be a fast healer. I think that is gone.

Trainers might take a look at forcing him to do more 'warming up' for that hamstring before he takes the floor, and maybe have him ride the bike when he is not on the floor to keep it warm?

Budkin
12-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Not going to watch.

ElNono
12-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Seems to me they are plenty worried, thus the long recovery time. Shouldn't have been allowed to come back as soon as he did this last time, imo. Everybody takes longer to heal the older they get. I hope they keep him out until he is completely healed, because he has this tendency ( seemingly) to try to come back before he is ready, or to play hurt, and it is a terrible idea whenever he tries that. His game does not allow for bad wheels. His speed and the amount of running and cutting he has to do when he is in good form CANNOT be done with leg or ankle injuries.

Trainers might take a look at forcing him to do more 'warming up' for that hamstring before he takes the floor, and maybe have him ride the bike when he is not on the floor to keep it warm?

I think the worry is that long rest might just not help it at this point. He had that week off last season and it happened again. He rested all this offseason, and it's back once again.

I'm sure the Spurs have a solid staff of professionals looking into it. From the outside, it's just a little worrying.

HI-FI
12-18-2014, 05:04 PM

Ugh. Anyway Spurs can get out of the new contract before dat buyer's remorse kicks in? Or at least can they rework it after a year if he's truly declining?

RD2191
12-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Trade Parker? Tbh.

Chomag
12-18-2014, 05:09 PM
At this rate spurs may have to play out of their minds later season just to get a playoff spot. Thankfully it's still early enough but as is today Spurs are currently in 7th in the western conference, You have to be a huge homer to not be at least concerned.

Cloud786
12-18-2014, 05:21 PM

ElNono
12-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Ugh. Anyway Spurs can get out of the new contract before dat buyer's remorse kicks in? Or at least can they rework it after a year if he's truly declining?

I suspect the Spurs will protect him, unless he decides to retire or something like that...

Frankly, Spursfan doesn't really appreciate him. He's solid for games 1-4 of almost any playoff series. That has value.

RD2191
12-18-2014, 05:38 PM
I suspect the Spurs will protect him, unless he decides to retire or something like that...

Frankly, Spursfan doesn't really appreciate him. He's solid for games 1-4 of almost any playoff series. That has value.
TP is a beast when healthy but this is becoming a recurring problem. What do you mean by protect? Not all that basketball savvy...shocking, I know.

Fireball
12-18-2014, 05:44 PM
Manu really got serious about the stretching and I think Tony should adapt this Workout routine as well ...

12-18-2014, 05:54 PM

He needs to talk to Manu. Whatever he's doing seemed to work. He hasn't hurt his hammy since 2013, right?

ElNono
12-18-2014, 06:01 PM
TP is a beast when healthy but this is becoming a recurring problem. What do you mean by protect? Not all that basketball savvy...shocking, I know.

That they're not going to try to "dump" his new contract. He's been a Spur his entire career, a part of the big 3, he's a Hall of Famer, and he's going to get his jersey retired by the Spurs.

They won't pull a Jefferson and dump him, I don't think.

cd98
12-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Let's be honest...arguably the best team in the West needed triple overtime and a blunder of a pass by Manu to beat the Spurs without two of their best players (Parker and Leonard) and their back up point guard (Mills). When we get everyone back and healthy, we are going to roll regardless of what seed we have. Who in the west should scare us?

r0drig0lac
12-18-2014, 06:26 PM
Pop trolling Spurstalk

loveforthegame
12-18-2014, 06:26 PM
:td

Texas_Ranger
12-18-2014, 06:31 PM
watching Spurs play not 100% is not interesting, its just painful

Johnny RIngo
12-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Trade Parker? Tbh.

Hopefully. Gotten tired of waiting for this injury prone, choke artist to be healthy while Duncan/Manu continue to carry the Spurs every year. Going to be even more hilarious with Parker deciding to play international ball this summer.

loveforthegame
12-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Unless the story has changed Leonard will not heal for weeks. It's a matter of being able to play through the pain. Not sure why Pop is sitting him here and there.

McDonald also tweeted that the Spurs are a .500 (10-10) team without Leonard over the past 2 seasons.

Mikeanaro
12-18-2014, 06:41 PM
Tony rested for a long period of time, no national team and injuries caught him however this sucks and we are not getting closer in the race for a nice spot.

spurs10
12-18-2014, 06:54 PM
Let's be honest...arguably the best team in the West needed triple overtime and a blunder of a pass by Manu to beat the Spurs without two of their best players (Parker and Leonard) and their back up point guard (Mills). When we get everyone back and healthy, we are going to roll regardless of what seed we have. Who in the west should scare us? Like the way you think...

tim_duncan_fan
12-18-2014, 07:00 PM
This nigga Pop isn't gonna show anybody the full team until close to playoffs.

I like it.

timtonymanu
12-18-2014, 07:05 PM
:cry but we need to be the 1st seed in December
:cry regular season title

Legacy
12-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Not sure what to think anymore, tbh.

Chomag
12-18-2014, 08:01 PM
TP for Dragic! :stirpot:

GrandeDavid
12-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Very weak. Hello three game losing streak.

hater
12-18-2014, 09:00 PM
We go n get raped

bklynspursfan
12-18-2014, 09:26 PM
doubt they drop 3 in a row at home. I just don't see it.

timtonymanu
12-18-2014, 09:31 PM

If Leonard was playing, the Spurs would absolutely win. But the defense looks awful without him plus having to rely on Scrubeli and Anderson to cover for Leonard.

Spur|n|Austin
12-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Not going to watch.

bklynspursfan
12-18-2014, 10:59 PM
If Leonard was playing, the Spurs would absolutely win. But the defense looks awful without him plus having to rely on Scrubeli and Anderson to cover for Leonard.

yea I know. it's painful without leonard. green has been stellar though, and our guys are due a game where they have a really good offensive showing. Marco/Green/Diaw/Bonner etc... I feel like it could be a high scoring affair

midnightpulp
12-18-2014, 11:59 PM
Keep giving away games, Pop :tu

weeks
12-19-2014, 12:16 AM
He needs to talk to Manu. Whatever he's doing seemed to work. He hasn't hurt his hammy since 2013, right?
oh great NOW YOU'VE GONE AND FUCKING DONE IT

FireMicoHalili
12-19-2014, 01:05 AM
I hope these losses become a reason for a trade...ship Ayres and Daye then sign Faverani

Ditty
12-19-2014, 01:49 AM
Pop hopefully saving Parker, and Leonard for Dallas. We almost beat the Blazers on the road without Duncan and Ginobili. We need these next two wins though.

Leetonidas
12-19-2014, 01:53 AM
Hopefully. Gotten tired of waiting for this injury prone, choke artist to be healthy while Duncan/Manu continue to carry the Spurs every year. Going to be even more hilarious with Parker deciding to play international ball this summer.

Switch Parker and Manu in the above statement and that's how a lot of us have felt for the past 7 years :lol

Sean Cagney
12-19-2014, 02:59 AM
Not going to bother with that game, might check the score a few times but the injuries this year are getting old TBH.
Well you would hope not but you never know. They might not win tomorrow with those guys out, it's just reality.

benstanfield
12-19-2014, 03:06 AM
This stretch could get ugly tbh. With Cojo and Manu running the offense through Timmy, things have looked pretty putrid. It isn't exactly reassuring that our best offensive player right now is Danny Green. Not gonna win a whole lotta games like that.

milkyway21
12-19-2014, 03:34 AM
This stretch could get ugly tbh. With Cojo and Manu running the offense through Timmy, things have looked pretty putrid. It isn't exactly reassuring that our best offensive player right now is Danny Green. Not gonna win a whole lotta games like that.

Seems like TP's injury is lot more serious that I thought. Let's hope Parker returns on Christmas day game vs the Thunder. Well, Durant is injured again but who knows he might be able to play against the Spurs. If they are not fighting for the homecourt advantage but at least a Spurs W over OKC is still impt.

rasuo214
12-19-2014, 04:17 AM
It's like Pop is teasing us, give us 1 game of CoJo, Green, KL, Duncan and Splitter (amazing defense) then get stuck with Beli and Bonner for a few. Splitter and KL are great defenders but they look even better when their replacements are 2 of the worst defenders on the team.

BillMc
12-19-2014, 04:19 AM

I agree with this. Tony always was a fast healer and I think he took some pride in it. Probably as you say came back too soon, reinjured it, and now the Spurs are being very conservative.

Raven
12-19-2014, 04:52 AM
yuck.