PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Chandler Parsons Game Getting Ready To Take Off Now That Mavs Got Rondo

Koolaid_Man
12-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Rondo is a pass first defensive PG..so I see no issues with him and Monta in the backcourt....Big daddy Tyson getting ready to beast as well....of course Dirk can create his own shots so he's not as reliant on Rondo...this will be crucial come play-off time.....Tony Parker getting ready to get locked the fuck up.....Parsons will be the biggest benefactor....:toast

Look for a Mavs resurgence. :toast

Koolaida

m>s
12-19-2014, 03:40 PM
You're not a mav fan faggot stop attention whoring

elmanutres
12-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Koon made a thread. Mavs have been jinxed. Book it boys

Koolaid_Man
12-19-2014, 03:47 PM
You're not a mav fan faggot stop attention whoring

talk about self ownage :lmao

m>s
12-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Forgot the comma

Koolaid_Man
12-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Forgot the comma:lol
uhh ok...

Koolaid_Man
12-19-2014, 04:02 PM
even if you had put a comma it's still self ownage.....you're still shitting on yourself M>s

m>s
12-19-2014, 04:50 PM
You're not a mav fan,faggot. Stop attention whoring.

dirk4mvp
12-19-2014, 04:53 PM
kool aids, does hitman for hire Avante really need to come in here and destroy your balloon knot again?

unforeseen
12-19-2014, 05:56 PM
OP is a faggot. No one gives a shit about his opinion.

Thread
12-19-2014, 06:06 PM
^I do.

Kool Aid Man

dirk4mvp
12-19-2014, 06:09 PM
^I do.

Kool Aid Man

who gives a fuck?

Koolaid_Man
12-19-2014, 06:13 PM
who gives a fuck?

^ I do.

dirk4mvp
12-19-2014, 06:23 PM
^ I do.

You've never given a fuck, per Avante

Franklin
12-19-2014, 07:24 PM
rondo's main weakness is his lack of shooting skills but this is no issue when dirk our PF has got one of the world's finest shooting hands. So all together we still have 3 decent shooters in our starting 5, and an alley-oop finisher in the form of Tyson Chandler. A pass-first PG with good defense can always escalate them mavs to a significant extent (check how much Kidd upgraded this team).

Buddy Mignon
12-19-2014, 07:28 PM
This was a genius move by Cuban. You bring in the one guard that can shut down penetration from the elite guards in the west. Best rebounding guard in the NBA and can get to the basket at will. This move assures us that Jim retires behind Kobe in ring counts... (let's be honest... * doesn't count).

BatManu20
12-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Prob

Franklin
12-19-2014, 07:44 PM
This was a genius move by Cuban. You bring in the one guard that can shut down penetration from the elite guards in the west. Best rebounding guard in the NBA and can get to the basket at will. This move assures us that Jim retires behind Kobe in ring counts... (let's be honest... * doesn't count).
tied with Kobe imho, not behind, neither of them is gonna win any rings anymore (unless they sign with us for vet min and ride our coattail for a 6th ring).

mavsfan1000
12-20-2014, 12:33 PM
You can reverse that comment. The one guard that can shut down penetration for our other players. As whoever guards Rondo will be crowding the paint.

Koolaid_Man
12-20-2014, 01:30 PM
You can reverse that comment. The one guard that can shut down penetration for our other players. As whoever guards Rondo will be crowding the paint.

Wrong....Rondo is a great finisher at the rim....crowd the paint for what...Tyson is no major offensive threat......crowding the paint will only hurt the opposing team as Dirk and Parsons dont play in the paint....they're shooters and slashers as needed....and Monta can get his own shot and break you down off the dribble.....Crowd the paint with Tyson and Rondo penetrates and kicks to his wide open shooters....

You need to rethink your position....its meaningless with a team like Dallas who's full of good to great shooters....all Rondo needs to do is facilitate

mavsfan1000
12-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Wrong....Rondo is a great finisher at the rim....crowd the paint for what...Tyson is no major offensive threat......crowding the paint will only hurt the opposing team as Dirk and Parsons dont play in the paint....they're shooters and slashers as needed....and Monta can get his own shot and break you down off the dribble.....Crowd the paint with Tyson and Rondo penetrates and kicks to his wide open shooters....

You need to rethink your position....its meaningless with a team like Dallas who's full of good to great shooters....all Rondo needs to do is facilitate
Crowd the paint means not guarding Rondo too closely. Which means he has to make his perimeter shots or he will be a liability on offense. Forcing Rondo to be a scorer seems like a great plan IMO against the Mavs.

Koolaid_Man
12-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Crowd the paint means not guarding Rondo too closely. Which means he has to make his perimeter shots or he will be a liability on offense. Forcing Rondo to be a scorer seems like a great plan IMO against the Mavs.

I'm well aware of what you're trying to get at....your fallacy is Rondo is gonna do what he's always done and that is drive the lane no matter if you give him 50 ft......he doesn't need to be a great shooter on a team with great shooters...it's why he was so effective with Boston's title team....he's coming down the lane and when he does the defense will collapse and he will find his shooters....it's that simple...your thesis only works if he cannot penetrate, blow by his man, or finish at the rim....all of which he can do easily....and very good at...

PS: Rondo is no Eric Snow.....:lol

m>s
12-20-2014, 03:09 PM
rondo has already won a championship argument invalid

mavsfan1000
12-20-2014, 03:33 PM
rondo has already won a championship argument invalid
The Celtics won it with defense and 3 all-stars. Rondo was a quicker player back then. The Mavs gave up their bench to do this trade. The Mavs had no problems scoring. Why mess with their offense and their depth?

Koolaid_Man
12-20-2014, 03:37 PM
The Celtics won it with defense and 3 all-stars. Rondo was a quicker player back then. The Mavs gave up their bench to do this trade. The Mavs had no problems scoring. Why mess with their offense and their depth?

Fact is everyone in the league was quicker back then :lol....Rondo was also less effective of an facilitator back then as well...now he's one of the best....his greatest strength is he loves to Stat pad off of assists and rebounds....you cannot ask for a better PG than that....yall gave up nothing to get this guy..stop playing devil's advocate and be glad...

m>s
12-20-2014, 03:41 PM
tyson and rondo provide the defense. dirk is still playing at a high level, parsons is coming around, ellis is an explosive scorer. there isn't a lakers team this time to go through. we can definitely pull this off.

Koolaid_Man
12-20-2014, 03:44 PM
tyson and rondo provide the defense. dirk is still playing at a high level, parsons is coming around, ellis is an explosive scorer. there isn't a lakers team this time to go through. we can definitely pull this off.

anyone but Tammy....I'm with you my brother...we can do this shit we can pull it off my brother...shoulder to shoulder....Dirk 2 :lol TOSB 5

mavsfan1000
12-20-2014, 03:52 PM
We can if we get a quality backup center. We're one player away IMO.

m>s
12-20-2014, 03:55 PM
we're signing jermaine o'neal or okafor

dirk4mvp
12-20-2014, 03:56 PM
We can if we get a quality backup center. We're one player away IMO.

Your Bulls looked good yesterday. Got yourself a good player in Butler tbh

mavsfan1000
12-20-2014, 04:02 PM
we're signing jermaine o'neal or okafor
I meant one quality player away. Lol Maybe we can trade Barea or Harris for that.

Thread
12-20-2014, 04:33 PM
I meant one quality player away. Lol Maybe we can trade Barea or Harris for that.

I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with Harris, but, you'd better think twice about letting Barea get away again. Without him you're barren.

m>s
12-20-2014, 04:36 PM
barea is our spark off the bench..he gets the offense back on track at times. we ain't trading anyone we're signing JO and okafor and that is sufficient