PDA

View Full Version : Marco Belinelli

timtonymanu
12-19-2014, 11:00 PM
Good god what a scrub

Malik Hairston
12-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Can somebody post a video of the last 2-3 minutes?

He left Dorrell Wright(a 1-D 3-point shooter) wide open for 3 in the corner, then Matthews wide open on the switch for 3 from the wing, and then left Steve Blake wide open for 3 to lose the lead..it's ridiculous..

There's a reason he had by far the worst on/off metrics for the Spurs in the playoffs, last season..

KL2
12-19-2014, 11:10 PM
No reason to keep him on the roster, get his ass out of here. Should've traded him when his stock was high, gonna be the same shit during the playoffs, may as well not be on the roster.

What can Belli+Errors get us?

Malik Hairston
12-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Just a really bad basketball player, tbh..

Really hope Kyle Anderson's shot improves enough that he can eliminate him from the rotation..doubt it, though..

timtonymanu
12-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Can't even make shots anymore to neutralize his negative impact. :lol

SanDiegoSpursFan
12-19-2014, 11:18 PM
I was really glad when he switched off of Lillard too.. hard to imagine he'd give up even more points that play, but he did.

timtonymanu
12-19-2014, 11:21 PM
Just a really bad basketball player, tbh..

Really hope Kyle Anderson's shot improves enough that he can eliminate him from the rotation..doubt it, though..

Doubtful that Pop gives him his spot anyway. Unless if Cancerneli really becomes more cancerous.

Malik Hairston
12-19-2014, 11:22 PM
1-game sample size is extremely flawed, but -23 tonight:lol..ew..

Johnny RIngo
12-19-2014, 11:23 PM
To think that we almost had Korver on this team. Instead we have to watch this Italian faggot cost us game after game every night. Worst wing role player I've ever seen play for the Spurs. Anybody that lives in SA, can you please hit this guy with your car?

RD2191
12-19-2014, 11:25 PM
Dude is garbage. So is cojo/ayres/daye. Why the fuck is there so much dead weight on this team?

RD2191
12-19-2014, 11:25 PM
To think that we almost had Korver on this team. Instead we have to watch this Italian faggot cost us game after game every night. Worst wing role player I've ever seen play for the Spurs. Anybody that lives in SA, can you please hit this guy with your car?
:lmao

timtonymanu
12-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Dude is garbage. So is cojo/ayres/daye. Why the fuck is there so much dead weight on this team?

Belinelli makes CoJo look like Tony Parker and Daye is actually looking like a better option at this point.

TheGreatYacht
Deflection thread

timtonymanu
Deflection thread

Manu sucked ass too, but Belinelli was worse.

Malik Hairston
Deflection thread

TGY, what's your opinion on Belinelli, tbh? I don't think I've ever seen you discuss him IIRC..

spurtech09
To think that we almost had Korver on this team. Instead we have to watch this Italian faggot cost us game after game every night. Worst wing role player I've ever seen play for the Spurs. Anybody that lives in SA, can you please hit this guy with your car?grinch

Johnny RIngo
12-19-2014, 11:33 PM
Front office has been awful in the last year:

2013 MLE additions:
Marco - worst wing player to ever play for the Spurs
Ayres - worst big man to ever play for the Spurs
2014 MLE additions:
none-opted not to use it on any free agents. Used it to resign Baynes at the last minute.

Even worse is that we have $56 million coming to Tony over the next four years. Lot of money for someone that isn't even a top ten point guard anymore (might not even be top 20)

TheGreatYacht
12-19-2014, 11:34 PM
TGY, what's your opinion on Belinelli, tbh? I don't think I've ever seen you discuss him IIRC..
I can't stand him, but he's shown he can hit big shots. Do I blame him for this loss? No. Joseph was supposed to guard Lillard but that bitch always runs down the court and tells someone else to pick up whoever is hot, tbh.

I still don't know how the Spurs do it with so many end of the bench scrubs.

midnightpulp
12-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Beli is trash as well.

Thanks for the 3rd quarter three in last year's game 3 of the Finals, but you've been worthless ever since.

Trill Clinton
ayers and beli are the only players i wished we didn't bring back. dude is trash and is worthless if his shot isn't falling, reminds me of gary neal.

PingPong
Bellinelli was the same shitty at defense last season. The difference he wasn't playing heavy minutes against starters as now.

Johnny RIngo
12-19-2014, 11:37 PM
I can't stand him, but he's shown he can hit big shots. Do I blame him for this loss? No. Joseph was supposed to guard Lillard but that bitch always runs down the court and tells someone else to pick up whoever is hot, tbh.

I still don't know how the Spurs do it with so many end of the bench scrubs.

He only hits these shots in meaningless regular season games(usually when the team is down twenty). He looked worse than Beno and Turkoglu in last year's playoffs.

timtonymanu
12-19-2014, 11:37 PM
It would have been nice if Marco could have used the offseason to work on his game since he was trash in the postseason.

Instead, he gets an ugly ass tattoo and gets fat. Trade for Neal, tbh.

TheGreatYacht
12-19-2014, 11:39 PM
He only hits these shots in meaningless regular season games(usually when the team is down twenty). He looked worse than Beno and Turkoglu in last year's playoffs.
Have you seen his big balls dance vs Brooklyn? He's clutch :lol

Nathan89
12-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Wanted him gone after he proved himself trash in the playoffs.

ElNono
12-19-2014, 11:44 PM
I've always defended Ferrari, but he's had a down season, starting with the injury, tbh... I still think he's useful, but this is the time we need him the most, when other guys are down, and it hasn't happened...

timtonymanu
12-19-2014, 11:45 PM
Have you seen his big balls dance vs Brooklyn? He's clutch :lol

:lol Brooklyn.
:lol Eastern Conference

Johnny RIngo
12-19-2014, 11:45 PM
Wanted him gone after he proved himself trash in the playoffs.

Hedo was gone after his chokejob in '04. Why the hell is Marco still on the team? He was arguably worse than Turkoglu in last year's playoffs. The one series where he played the most minutes(Dallas) is the only one that the Spurs struggled in.

BatManu20
12-19-2014, 11:47 PM
I've always defended Ferrari, but he's had a down season, starting with the injury, tbh... I still think he's useful, but this is the time we need him the most, when other guys are down, and it hasn't happened...

This. I've always defended Belli as well, and he can still be useful, but he picked a really bad time to be playing so poorly offensively.. and defensively, he's always been bad obviously, but his struggles on offense make it more noticeable now.

TheGreatYacht
:lol Brooklyn.
:lol Eastern Conference
:lol Mirza Teletovic
:lol career high

cd021
Pop should give Green Kawhi's backup 3 minutes in the PS (about 12 per game)

Parker-34
Green-33
Leonard-36
Ginobili-27
Cojo/Mills-14

Chinook
12-19-2014, 11:49 PM
Too bad the team didn't do a Beli/Ayres for Wilson Chandler trade this past summer.

Johnny RIngo
12-19-2014, 11:55 PM
Too bad the team didn't do a Beli/Ayres for Wilson Chandler trade this past summer.

What makes you think the Nuggets would have agreed to that after that trainwreck of a post-season from Marco? His value sank so much during the playoffs.

Malik Hairston
12-19-2014, 11:56 PM
Silver lining is that it took Pop until round 2 to bench him, last year..

If he keeps struggling during the regular season, maybe he won't play him at all in the playoffs:lol..

cd021
12-19-2014, 11:59 PM
I'd consider moving him for a second rounder if the opportunity presented itself. He still should have some value around the league. Charlotte would have a high second rounder (currently 35th) moving Beli for Biyombo and a 2nd rounder.

Spurs would probably hold on to him though for Manu, insurance.

Johnny RIngo
12-19-2014, 11:59 PM
Silver lining is that it took Pop until round 2 to bench him, last year..

If he keeps struggling during the regular season, maybe he won't play him at all in the playoffs:lol..

Best case scenario is if the injury bug finally hits Belinelli and takes him out for the rest of the season.

Chinook
12-20-2014, 12:05 AM
What makes you think the Nuggets would have agreed to that after that trainwreck of a post-season from Marco? His value sank so much during the playoffs.

Spurs mystique. Remember the last series Hill had before he got traded?

Johnny RIngo
12-20-2014, 02:19 AM
Spurs mystique. Remember the last series Hill had before he got traded?

Hill had the Indiana background going for him though - hometown guys typically get overrated(Devin Brown getting multiple chances with the Spurs for example)

I'd like to see Wilson Chandler on the team instead of Marco but Spurs would probably have to give up a little more(a pick maybe?)

hommeaetage
12-20-2014, 02:25 AM
Beli is a bad defender with horrible IQ, we all knew that. What I can't accept is the fact that he put no effort whatsoever to improve in that area, and he came to camp out of shape.

FkLA
12-20-2014, 02:31 AM
I miss Gary balls of steel Neal tbh. :(

Johnny RIngo
12-20-2014, 02:39 AM
Beli is a bad defender with horrible IQ, we all knew that. What I can't accept is the fact that he put no effort whatsoever to improve in that area, and he came to camp out of shape.

The out of shape part is the most unforgivable. I could forgive Boris gaining a couple pounds - dude was a beast in the playoffs. He deserved to celebrate over the summer. Marco was fucking garbage though. Played like shit in the playoffs and almost cost the Spurs the Dallas series. Pop had to significantly cut his minutes in order to right the ship. How the fuck does this Italian faggot have the gall to come into camp overweight? He should have been busting his ass all summer looking to improve his game.

He just doesn't belong on the Spurs. His mentality isn't right for this team. He's gotten by in the NBA on whatever talent he already has and has never strived to improve himself. Contrast that with someone like Korver who continues to get better as he ages. Guys like Korver belong on playoff teams. Guys like Marco should be on lottery teams and tanking squads.

timtonymanu
12-20-2014, 02:51 AM
I miss Gary balls of steel Neal tbh. :(

I think Neal's presence would have not allowed Patty opportunities to shine, but sure individually, he's better than Cancerneli. :lol

Malik Hairston
12-20-2014, 02:52 AM
The out of shape part is the most unforgivable. I could forgive Boris gaining a couple pounds - dude was a beast in the playoffs. He deserved to celebrate over the summer. Marco was fucking garbage though. Played like shit in the playoffs and almost cost the Spurs the Dallas series. Pop had to significantly cut his minutes in order to right the ship. How the fuck does this Italian faggot have the gall to come into camp overweight? He should have been busting his ass all summer looking to improve his game.

He got that tattoo, doe:lol..

timtonymanu
12-20-2014, 02:53 AM

He just doesn't belong on the Spurs. His mentality isn't right for this team. He's gotten by in the NBA on whatever talent he already has and has never strived to improve himself. Contrast that with someone like Korver who continues to get better as he ages. Guys like Korver belong on playoff teams. Guys like Marco should be on lottery teams and tanking squads.

It may work out in our favor. I doubt Pop tolerates that shit and would put him on the trading block. Like how out of shape Jax was in 2012 - 2013. Diaw could get away with it because he's still talented enough and fits this team perfectly.

objective
12-20-2014, 03:04 AM
He didn't just spend his summer eating, he also got that ridiculous NBA trophy tattoo.

His time on court is basketball garbage.

Why or how pop keeps going to him including times over Green is sad and baffling.

Raven
12-20-2014, 06:52 AM
Cry Havoc
benefactor
hater

Cry Havoc
12-20-2014, 02:16 PM
I've never seen so many Spurs "fans" being so vengeful toward our players. This "what have you done for me lately" bullshit is fucking poison.

FkLA
12-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Cry Havoc (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7256)
benefactor (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13284)
hater (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7609)

I remember your exchange with benefactor. After Belli's playoffs and season so far I think it's safe to say you nailed his ass to the tree of woe tbh. :tu

RD2191
12-20-2014, 02:24 PM
:lol

RD2191
12-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Marco is a scub. It's nothing personal but the dude is just plain bad at defense. If he were more consistent on the offensive end it would be permissible but he isn't. He's been asked to do more though with all the injuries so maybe he'll get back to playing decent ball when the full roster is back.

timtonymanu
12-20-2014, 02:32 PM
:lol damn right, I'm gonna be vengeful to a player that shows up to camp out of shape.

I want the team to have the best chance of success. This team doesn't need deadweights.

TheGreatYacht
12-20-2014, 02:45 PM
2yr/5M. Name a better player that was available for that cheap after Manu and Splitter ate up the cap in 2013. I'll give you a hint, you can't. He chose SA over OKC, and yet you ungrateful fucks still expect more from a dude who's not supposed to play PG because a certain Texas Longhorn can't create :lol

http://youtu.be/_iPQJXZZ0zE

http://youtu.be/yJgAolkYAvs

Chinook
12-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Who cares how cheap Beli was? Spurs a $21M/4 to give and got Ayres and Marco.

Malik Hairston
12-20-2014, 08:12 PM
I have money on the Mavs tonight, so I bet this nigga is going to drop 25:lol..

look_at_g_shred
12-20-2014, 08:29 PM
2yr/5M. Name a better player that was available for that cheap after Manu and Splitter ate up the cap in 2013. I'll give you a hint, you can't. He chose SA over OKC, and yet you ungrateful fucks still expect more from a dude who's not supposed to play PG because a certain Texas Longhorn can't create :lol

Da truth

Yuixafun
12-20-2014, 09:14 PM
I have money on the Mavs tonight, so I bet this nigga is going to drop 25:lol..

he's off to a resounding start

hater
12-20-2014, 09:39 PM
Marco is a Ferrari. Love this nogga. He's just having a bad stretch. But this nigga is a baller

TheGreatYacht
12-20-2014, 09:40 PM
:wakeup Stallion

TheGreatYacht
12-20-2014, 09:40 PM
Marco is a Ferrari. Love this nogga. He's just having a bad stretch. But this nigga is a baller
^

Raven
12-21-2014, 02:23 AM
i know it's weird, but the opposing sg scored 38 points with crazy efficiency.. yeah, hard to believe..

Malik Hairston
12-21-2014, 02:46 AM
i know it's weird, but the opposing sg scored 38 points with crazy efficiency.. yeah, hard to believe..

Adding to his team-low on/off metrics, tbh:lol..

Johnny RIngo
12-21-2014, 12:56 PM
Italian sucks ass. Spurs need to package him with Joseph for an impact player. The sooner he gets off this team, the better.

ElNono
12-21-2014, 01:31 PM
I think people are overreacting, tbh... He had an overall good game last night up until the 2 min mark, when Pop decided that he would play the Manu role in being the offensive creator in crunchtime...

Mr Bones
12-21-2014, 01:48 PM
2014 MLE additions:
none-opted not to use it on any free agents. Used it to resign Baynes at the last minute.

They didn't opt not to use it. They pursued players, but those players decided to sign with other teams. Big difference.

Johnny RIngo
12-21-2014, 01:59 PM
I think people are overreacting, tbh... He had an overall good game last night up until the 2 min mark, when Pop decided that he would play the Manu role in being the offensive creator in crunchtime...

Empty stats like usual for Marco. He was a -18 on the night(worst on the team).

BillMc
12-21-2014, 02:05 PM
It's funny that people use plus/minus to damn Marco yet they always ignore it for Bonner, who usually has a positive value, when they bash the Red Rocket. We need some consistency on the relevancy of this stat.

ElNono
12-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Empty stats like usual for Marco. He was a -18 on the night(worst on the team).

he was basically running the show all night, and had us in a position to win the game late, with basically our 3rd stringers...

you have to look at players within their limits... he'll never be at the level of the big 3...

he's a role player, and while he's had a rough season so far, I can't fault him for his overall game last night...

Robz4000
12-21-2014, 02:41 PM
It's funny that people use plus/minus to damn Marco yet they always ignore it for Bonner, who usually has a positive value, when they bash the Red Rocket. We need some consistency on the relevancy of this stat.

Its worthless. Beli was fine last night other than his late turnovers and retarded fadeaway jumpers he took early in the shotclock throughout the game.

Mr Bones
12-21-2014, 02:45 PM

So true. Also his +/- for the year is the same as Parker's, and better than Anderson's...

He's a limited role player getting more minutes than he should because of injuries. I just don't see what all the fuss is about.

Johnny RIngo
12-21-2014, 02:52 PM
he was basically running the show all night, and had us in a position to win the game late, with basically our 3rd stringers...

you have to look at players within their limits... he'll never be at the level of the big 3...

he's a role player, and while he's had a rough season so far, I can't fault him for his overall game last night...

I'm not even mad pissed about the Dallas game. I knew going in it was going to be a loss. The Portland performance is what irks me. Duncan. Green, and Manu were not going to carry the team on their own. They needed someone to step up from the bench. Marco choked. Worthless on offense - shot 5-14. On defense, his assignment routinely hit those dagger threes that kept Portland in the game.

mkurts
12-21-2014, 11:00 PM

Belinelli would flourish on the Brooks team with Durant, he is a terrible fit for SAS

Ice009
12-21-2014, 11:03 PM

That's because the stats sucks. I don't put too much value in it. It doesn't depend on the individual player only, the other 4 players on the court can also have a big affect on it.

Ice009
12-21-2014, 11:05 PM

I think it was one of Marco's best games of the season. I'm not going to be harsh with his performance last night at all. The only thing that I don't like is that Pop shouldn't have had him guarding Monta Ellis at all. He should have given Joseph that assignment for the whole evening.

TheGreatYacht
12-22-2014, 09:13 PM
Belinelli 3/3 from three so far in the 2nd Q... 9pts, 2reb, 2ast, +14

timtonymanu
12-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Leave the Spurs, please.