PDA

View Full Version : We sold our souls for the 2014 title

Amuseddaysleeper
12-19-2014, 11:22 PM
We are 2012 Dallas

It's all good, just watch the championship DVD.

We'll always have last year

God Bless

tim_duncan_fan
12-19-2014, 11:22 PM
Reverse jinx attempt?

timtonymanu
12-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Not worried.

Only thing that hurts us right now is seedings. We're pretty much on pace for 4th seed at this point.

ElNono
12-19-2014, 11:23 PM
it's all good.... nobody is taking that one away from us....

BillMc
12-19-2014, 11:24 PM
I don't care too much about seeding. If we're healthy we can beat anyone. Only OKC scares me.

Robz4000
Worth it.

Silver&Black
Good trade tbh....

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-19-2014, 11:25 PM
How soon people forget what the have and get greedy forthe now!!!! Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie!

baseline bum
12-19-2014, 11:25 PM
They could lose every game by 35 the rest of the season and be chasing ping-pong balls with Kobe and it would have been worth it.

mexicanjunior
12-19-2014, 11:27 PM
We are 2012 Dallas

It's all good, just watch the championship DVD.

We'll always have last year

God Bless

Worth it although we should be aiming for ping pong balls at this point.

Kool Bob Love
12-19-2014, 11:27 PM
As long as Duncan rings.

Budkin
12-19-2014, 11:32 PM
I'm totally fine with that! Still the best title I've ever witnessed in any sport!

Mugen
12-19-2014, 11:35 PM
:lmao I'd let them lose every game this season in quadruple OT if it meant we rang last year tbh

marinoman
12-19-2014, 11:37 PM
Worth it.

yea seriously, not that I agree with the OP

BatManu20
12-19-2014, 11:37 PM
Easily worth it, if that were the case.

But everyone is overreacting to these losses (per par). Spurs just need to get healthy.

DesignatedT
12-19-2014, 11:38 PM
Don't care 5 championships bitttttchhhhhh

hyhy
12-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Its good.

Budkin
12-20-2014, 12:06 AM
:lmao I'd let them lose every game this season in quadruple OT if it meant we rang last year tbh

Same here. The euphoria of 5 coming after 6 is never going away tbh.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Love you guys :toast

myhc
12-20-2014, 12:12 AM
As long as we have home court against OKC, I don't care where we finish.

UZER
12-20-2014, 12:14 AM
We didn't sell it. We got it back from Miami.

DarrinS
12-20-2014, 12:17 AM
They could lose every game by 35 the rest of the season and be chasing ping-pong balls with Kobe and it would have been worth it.

This

look_at_g_shred
12-20-2014, 12:18 AM
Worth it.

Johnny RIngo
12-20-2014, 12:20 AM
More like Pop and the front office got crazy arrogant after winning the title and did nothing to improve the team. Spurs motto has always been to stay the same in repeat years instead of trying to improve.

Sean Cagney
12-20-2014, 12:21 AM
Good trade tbh....

LOL yep..
Same here. The euphoria of 5 coming after 6 is never going away tbh.I agree with you all, after 6 all I wanted was them to avenge it and have another shot and they did it and rang! That part right there makes this season just what it is, icing on the cake if they do well if not they got #5 and that is originally in 08 or so after all I wanted. I waited years for #5 and never thought they would get it after 013.

baseline bum
12-20-2014, 12:22 AM
More like Pop and the front office got crazy arrogant after winning the title and did nothing to improve the team. Spurs motto has always been to stay the same in repeat years instead of trying to improve.

What were they supposed to do? Chicago had more money for Gasol. Drafting Kyle Anderson with the last pick of the first was a pretty nice move.

timtonymanu
12-20-2014, 12:23 AM
Last year was so satisfying. This year and forward is just gravy.

Mugen
12-20-2014, 12:23 AM
If anybody is to blame, it's the locals for not being cultured enough to lure MVPau tbh

Johnny RIngo
12-20-2014, 12:26 AM
What were they supposed to do? Chicago had more money for Gasol. Drafting Kyle Anderson with the last pick of the first was a pretty nice move.

Use the MLE on an impact wing or guard? They spent the entire summer chasing Gasol while all the decent FAs were snapped up. They should have targeted a backup guard or backup wing. Instead they decided to roll with Belinelli and Daye one more year when it's clear that neither player belongs on a championship team.

Mugen
12-20-2014, 12:30 AM
Use the MLE on an impact wing or guard? They spent the entire summer chasing Gasol while all the decent FAs were snapped up. They should have targeted a backup guard or backup wing. Instead they decided to roll with Belinelli and Daye one more year when it's clear that neither player belongs on a championship team.

What guard/wing should they have signed that cracks an already stacked backcourt? A backup 3 to Kawhi? Leonard should be playing 38-40 mins but he's hurt. Patty is hurt.

The only move that would have significantly improved the team was Pau and he decided he didn't want to be a role player tbh.

Harry Callahan
12-20-2014, 12:31 AM

I get it....

You repeat the same line day after day. Do you have a dementia/memory thing going on?

timtonymanu
12-20-2014, 12:32 AM
The Spurs standing pat was fine. I hate players like Cancerneli and Daye, but they won't see significant minutes when it matters. It could be worse. We could be bitching that Boris and/or Patty bolted to other teams, but the Spurs were able to retain them.

Harry Callahan
12-20-2014, 12:35 AM
Daye is a 15th man. Who cares. Who was the 15th man on the Heat, Mavs, or Lakers NBA championship teams? They are usually nothing special.

Beli ate up tons of minutes and did a lot of good things last year. He helped the Spurs win a lot of games AND hit a few huge shots to stem the tide against the Heat in the finals. He actually already, as a result, belonged on a championship team.

baseline bum
12-20-2014, 12:41 AM

What backup point were they getting with Mills there to take that position back in February? I would have loved Steve Blake, but he wasnt coming here to be athird stringer. And they didn't need a two guard with Green, Ginobili, and Del Negro. Keeping Days cost them nothing other than a roster spot.

Johnny RIngo
12-20-2014, 12:41 AM
The Spurs standing pat was fine. I hate players like Cancerneli and Daye, but they won't see significant minutes when it matters. It could be worse. We could be bitching that Boris and/or Patty bolted to other teams, but the Spurs were able to retain them.

I'm glad they brought back all the good players back but there was was no need to keep Daye another year. Marco went '04 Hedo on us in the playoffs and should have been dumped accordingly. Ayres is a bad fit - a D-League tier monkeyballer with a low IQ. He shouldn't be playing for the Spurs either. I'm just pissed they didn't try to upgrade the holes in our lineup with the MLE. Instead they went after a star big who everybody knew would never sign with the Spurs(might not have been a good fit either). They did the same shit when they chased Malone in the 2003 off-season.

Johnny RIngo
12-20-2014, 12:43 AM
What backup point were they getting with Mills there to take that position back in February? And they didn't need a two guard with Green, Ginobili, and Del Negro. Keeping Days cost them nothing other than a roster spot.

Leonard's injury proves my point. We have no other wing players to throw out there. It'd be nice to have an alternative to that Italian faggot.

Beaverfuzz
12-20-2014, 12:44 AM
Just matchup with Golden State in the first round, that's a fairly easy win for the Spurs.

Tony needs to nut up, same with Kawhi.

baseline bum
12-20-2014, 12:46 AM
Leonard's injury proves my point. We have no other wing players to throw out there. It'd be nice to have an alternative to that Italian faggot.

Green is a pretty effective wing player.

Johnny RIngo
12-20-2014, 12:48 AM
Beli ate up tons of minutes and did a lot of good things last year. He helped the Spurs win a lot of games AND hit a few huge shots to stem the tide against the Heat in the finals. He actually already, as a result, belonged on a championship team.

Marco was awful last year. 2014 DRAPM numbers had him as one of the worst defenders in the entire NBA last year(only 11 guys were worse than Belinelli). He was the only Spur with a negative overall RAPM(offense+defense) in the reg season. He had an abysmal post-season rivaling only 2004 Turkoglu in overall shittyness.

Johnny RIngo
12-20-2014, 12:50 AM
Green is a pretty effective wing player.

And yet Marco still played 32 mins tonight. 43 mins the other night. Having someone half-decent to take those minutes away from that Italian pos would be pretty nice.

cjw
12-20-2014, 12:52 AM

Shot is still a major WIP but really enjoying the rest of his game. If he can be a key guy off the bench we got great value at 30. His defense and rebounding have been better than expected.

baseline bum
12-20-2014, 12:52 AM
And yet Marco still played 30 mins tonight. 40 mins the other night. Having someone half-decent to take those minutes away from that Italian pos would be pretty nice.

The team is fucking stacked. Missing your two most important non-bigs has a way of making your wing rotation look weak.

daslicer
12-20-2014, 01:01 AM
I'm actually enjoying watching these games. The spurs are giving effort thats pretty much all I demand as a fan. Anything after 5 is just gravy. This loss sucked but it was fun to watch Duncan turn back the clock and dominate the game.

Johnny RIngo
12-20-2014, 01:02 AM
The team is fucking stacked. Missing your two most important non-bigs has a way of making your wing rotation look weak.

I agree but it's strange that you act like there's something wrong with trying to be even better. Spurs were dominant last year. Why not try to improve upon that by filling in the holes in the team(get rid of Marco for a productive backup wing)

ElNono
12-20-2014, 01:04 AM
I agree but it's strange that you act like there's something wrong with trying to be even better. Spurs were dominant last year. Why not try to improve upon that by filling in the holes in the team(get rid of Marco for a productive backup wing)

there's really no minutes... and Marco is relatively cheap... any upgrade will likely cost you more, and basically will still be regular season filler... save for a long term injury, I don't think they're going to do much of anything.

Robz4000
12-20-2014, 01:07 AM
Spurs do need a minor upgrade, but there's plenty of time to do it. Problem is if Manu and Tony are done it won't matter.

Harry Callahan
12-20-2014, 01:08 AM
Marco was awful last year. 2014 DRAPM numbers had him as one of the worst defenders in the entire NBA last year(only 11 guys were worse than Belinelli). He was the only Spur with a negative overall RAPM(offense+defense) in the reg season. He had an abysmal post-season rivaling only 2004 Turkoglu in overall shittyness.

I thought the guy helped the offensive flow a lot in the regular season last year.

He struggled in the playoffs, but he hit a huge 3 in either game 3 or 4 of the finals last year kind of stemming the tide. I think calling him awful is too harsh.

Johnny RIngo
12-20-2014, 01:08 AM
there's really no minutes... and Marco is relatively cheap... any upgrade will likely cost you more, and basically will still be regular season filler... save for a long term injury, I don't think they're going to do much of anything.

I'd argue Marco is overpaid considering the overall negative impact he has on D. He gives you empty points the same way Kobe does - by giving up even more on the other end.

Johnny RIngo
12-20-2014, 01:10 AM
I thought the guy helped the offensive flow a lot in the regular season last year.

He struggled in the playoffs, but he hit a huge 3 in either game 3 or 4 of the finals last year kind of stemming the tide. I think calling him awful is too harsh.

Awful is being too kind to someone that's a bottom ten defender in the entire league. On/Off, RAPM...choose whatever stat you want. Marco's numbers are terrible.

ElNono
12-20-2014, 01:14 AM
I'd argue Marco is overpaid considering the overall negative impact he has on D. He gives you empty points the same way Kobe does - by giving up even more on the other end.

when we're healthy, he's good enough against 90% of the regular season teams... at least last season he was. He's been ass this season, tbh, but it's still early...

siraulo23
12-20-2014, 01:15 AM

SupremeGuy
12-20-2014, 01:52 AM
I think we've done pretty good for being constantly injured or undermanned from Pop resting the older guys. Just survive this stretch. We're showing a lot of fucking heart by basically winning these games until getting refucked.