PDA

View Full Version : roster move

Nathan89
12-20-2014, 12:29 AM
Do think the spurs will/should make an addition? Maybe tspence knows.

tmtcsc
12-20-2014, 12:30 AM
Not only no, hell no.

timtonymanu
12-20-2014, 12:30 AM
They just need to get healthy. There's no player they can bring in that will put them over the top. The competition is overrated anyway.

Mugen
12-20-2014, 12:31 AM
They should be able to add a backup PG and a couple of Finals MVPs within the next month or so tbh.

ElNono
12-20-2014, 12:32 AM
We can get RJ for nothing... literally

http://i60.tinypic.com/5z46jl.png

We actually have a $1.5m trade exception from De Colo... didn't know that...

Boomersgold
12-20-2014, 01:03 AM
How's this for a roster change? We get Mills, TP and Kawhi back healthy and send Daye, Anderson and Bonner to the D-League?

ElNono
12-20-2014, 01:46 AM
The Spurs should really look at some Minny pieces, tbh... they're having a fire sale right now, and somebody like Shabazz would be nice to have as a backup SF...

http://i58.tinypic.com/2199ur.png

SupremeGuy
12-20-2014, 01:47 AM
Like others said, just fucking float in the water until we get healthy. At least Tiago didn't sprain his pussy tonight, tbh.

Johnny RIngo
12-20-2014, 02:12 AM
The Spurs should really look at some Minny pieces, tbh... they're having a fire sale right now, and somebody like Shabazz would be nice to have as a backup SF...

http://i58.tinypic.com/2199ur.png

These tanking teams typically tend to offload vets that don't mesh well with the youngsters. Not sure Minny wants to dump Shabazz considering he's young and on a rookie contract. Unless they really want to open cap space for some reason.

Robz4000
12-20-2014, 02:18 AM
A backup SF and another bench defender. Afflalo would be a great piece to add imo.

kobyz
12-20-2014, 02:24 AM
Why RC didn't go for brewer? with avita and pussynelli we need wing help...

ElNono
12-20-2014, 02:34 AM
These tanking teams typically tend to offload vets that don't mesh well with the youngsters. Not sure Minny wants to dump Shabazz considering he's young and on a rookie contract. Unless they really want to open cap space for some reason.

I don't think they're into developing players, tbh... at least Jeff comes off the books at the end of the season, and the Spurs could maybe throw in Daye who also comes off the books for a low 2nd round pick to sweeten the deal...

That basically opens up $4m in cap for Minny, they get a replacement SF, a reserve PF, for basically Shabazz (honestly, Minny can't do shit with 1st round picks, 2nd round picks are an absolute waste for them anyways).

BatManu20
12-20-2014, 02:38 AM
Trade Ayers for Afflalo. Let R.C. work his magic and convince the Nuggets that they're getting the next Shawn Kemp.

Hoops Czar
12-20-2014, 02:39 AM
KA doesn't have a shitting clue where he's suppose to be on defense yet, he continues to get crucial minutes late in games.

Malik Hairston
12-20-2014, 02:57 AM
Wouldn't mind a backup wing or a 4th big(I'm cool with Baynes, but Pop doesn't seem to trust him, for whatever reason)..

Realistically, Pop isn't going to give up on Belinelli, so it's a pointless discussion, unfortunately..

It shouldn't matter, though, since Kawhi and Danny can easily play 35+ in the playoffs..

Nathan89
12-20-2014, 03:27 AM
Spurs aren't going want to pay for someone as pricey as afflalo.

Spursfanfromafar
12-20-2014, 03:49 AM
Wouldn't mind a backup wing or a 4th big(I'm cool with Baynes, but Pop doesn't seem to trust him, for whatever reason)..

Realistically, Pop isn't going to give up on Belinelli, so it's a pointless discussion, unfortunately..

It shouldn't matter, though, since Kawhi and Danny can easily play 35+ in the playoffs..

I agree we need a better 4th wing .. a decent PF who can create his own shot apart from Diaw, actually.

Is there any way the Spurs can pry Greg Monroe from the Pistons (and give up the first round pick for 2015 in the process?)

ESPN trade machine says Yes to Monroe for Daye+Ayres+Bonner.

Hoops Czar
12-20-2014, 03:58 AM
I agree we need a better 4th wing .. a decent PF who can create his own shot apart from Diaw, actually.

Is there any way the Spurs can pry Greg Monroe from the Pistons (and give up the first round pick for 2015 in the process?)

And Detroit says "HELL NO!!!" I suppose this is where you tell me how this trade is good for both teams or some shit like that.

Nathan89
12-20-2014, 04:12 AM

:lol

hyhy
12-20-2014, 08:00 AM
Jae crowder backup sf and brandan wright anyone? Can ship off Belinelli/daye and Ayres. How does this roster look to you guys? Those 2 plays defense

Spursfanfromafar
12-20-2014, 08:13 AM
:lol

Rondo for Wright + Crowder + Scrubs --

Reaction: :-))

Spursfanfromafar
12-20-2014, 08:14 AM
And Detroit says "HELL NO!!!" I suppose this is where you tell me how this trade is good for both teams or some shit like that.

No. Detroit isn't going to have Monroe next season who bolts. They are looking for a First Round Pick and aren't getting that anywhere, as no one wants to rent Monroe for a season and lose a first round pick. So..

This is where you rack your non-existent brains to understand the logic. Game?

Chomag
12-20-2014, 08:53 AM
We just need some players that can play full games and not be broken the next day.

Hoops Czar
12-20-2014, 11:54 AM
No. Detroit isn't going to have Monroe next season who bolts. They are looking for a First Round Pick and aren't getting that anywhere, as no one wants to rent Monroe for a season and lose a first round pick. So..

This is where you rack your non-existent brains to understand the logic. Game?

So, why would San Antonio want to rent Monroe and lose a 20-22 first round draft pick? You answered your own question. Oh, and just for shits and giggles, the Spurs will hand over their three worst players to sweeten the pot. Logic? Is that a foreign concept to you?

:lmao Bonner is the perfect stretch four. He'll spread the defense and hit open three's
:lmao Ayres isn't right for the Spurs system but his athleticism could be an asset for another team.
:lmao Daye is a good three point shooter, can spread the floor and has a surprising wing span to which he can use to his advantage when guarding opponents. If Detroit liked him the first time around, they'll love him the second time.

BackHome
12-20-2014, 12:07 PM
You had me until you said "Daye is a good three point shooter"..lol.....:)

ace3g
12-20-2014, 07:55 PM
Sources: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williamshttp://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kings-discussing-trade-for-deron-williams-222855172.html

Not saying get involved with that trade, but seems like trade window is open right now in league; see if Spurs do anything.

gambit1990
12-20-2014, 08:11 PM
i wouldn't be against trading joseph while his value is... higher than it will be after mills returns.

FireMicoHalili
12-20-2014, 08:21 PM
i wouldn't be against trading joseph while his value is... higher than it will be after mills returns.
nice trade chip come January, if the shit hits the fan. Could probably be worth unloading with Ayres or Daye (PER at 4.0 this season, yikes).

look_at_g_shred
12-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Jason Thompson plz ^

Nathan89
12-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Bump

Chomag
12-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Nothing crazy but I honestly do. IF not more to create a spark in the team and light the fire.

Maybe some certain players need some competition for minutes to motivate them.

spurtech09
12-26-2014, 10:19 PM
get rid of Austin daye and errors ....bring in some fresher guys

midnightpulp
12-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Josh Smith is available. He'd be nice coming off the bench as a hybrid SF/PF that can defend the Ryan Anderson's of the league who always seem to kill us since they typically feast on Bonner and/or a lazy Diaw.

Oh wait....

cd021
12-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Jason Thompson plz ^
$13.2 million after this season. Would also keep us from having a max salary spot

Johnny RIngo
12-26-2014, 10:22 PM
Josh Smith is available. He'd be nice coming off the bench as a hybrid SF/PF that can defend the Ryan Anderson's of the league who always seem to kill us since they typically feast on Bonner and/or a lazy Diaw.

Oh wait....

Not D-League enough for this team. Daye and Ayres are much better fits for this Spurs.

Brunodf
12-26-2014, 10:24 PM
Sign Avery Johnson to start at PG.

Nathan89
12-26-2014, 10:28 PM
Josh Smith would've been nice. However I prefer guys with the strength and athleticism of daye and Belinelli.

elemento
12-26-2014, 10:28 PM
Having 2 vets that can't contribute makes no sense for a team with title aspirations.

Keeping Daye and Ayres was a mistake and it's biting the team right now.

FkLA
12-26-2014, 10:31 PM
Guys like Josh Smith won't come here even if the Spurs went after him. Hood blacks are outcasts on the Spurs, they just don't fit in culturally. Plus him and Dwight grew up together so they're really close supposedly.

ElNono
12-26-2014, 10:32 PM
Doubt we're making any moves, and frankly, the quickest fix right now is getting healthy and whole again...

look_at_g_shred
12-26-2014, 10:53 PM
Doubt we're making any moves, and frankly, the quickest fix right now is getting healthy and whole again...
Bro how does no one else get this?

timtonymanu
12-26-2014, 10:55 PM
- Kawhi Leonard
- Tony Parker
- Patty Mills
- 2014 Boris Diaw.

If they can get these four guys, Spurs have a great chance at repeating, imo.

palangi
12-26-2014, 11:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l4fd269

Trade with orlando

we get.
moe harkless 6'9" SF. Great defender and rebounder. Would he good off the bench. Is losing favor and minutes in Orlando. See if England can make his shot consistent.

andrew nicholson 6'10" PF. Same as mo, losing minutes and favor. Has been a good rebounder and shooter.

Orlando gets
ayers
daye
bithbcome off the books for them after this year.

FireMicoHalili
12-27-2014, 12:41 AM
Pop is stubborn and likely won't make a move until the losing keeps up even with a healthy squad. Re-signing Daye this year and signing Ayres a season ago were made with his approval as President of Spurs Basketball, after all.

FireMicoHalili
12-27-2014, 12:42 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l4fd269

Trade with orlando

we get.
moe harkless 6'9" SF. Great defender and rebounder. Would he good off the bench. Is losing favor and minutes in Orlando. See if England can make his shot consistent.

andrew nicholson 6'10" PF. Same as mo, losing minutes and favor. Has been a good rebounder and shooter.

Orlando gets
ayers
daye
bithbcome off the books for them after this year.
I'd say yes to Nicholson, no to Harkless. Guy can't shoot. Team doesn't have the luxury of loading up on projects especially with Kyle Anderson in tow. Anderson's already difficult as is.

FireMicoHalili
12-27-2014, 12:48 AM
I've also been on the Trade Machine as much as anybody. There isn't a market for a big man who can't catch the ball, a lanky small forward with a per of 4.0, and a lockdown PG with a shaky jumper. Market is saturated with point guards and teams want picks in exchange for taking up scrubs' contracts. Even teams like Atlanta or Philly (whom we expect to do the Spurs a solid) won't have any need for any of the guys in the bottom half of the Spurs' roster.

Nathan89
12-27-2014, 01:19 AM
I'd say yes to Nicholson, no to Harkless. Guy can't shoot. Team doesn't have the luxury of loading up on projects especially with Kyle Anderson in tow. Anderson's already difficult as is.

Send Anderson to the dleague where he belongs.

Malik Hairston
12-27-2014, 02:18 AM
The Spurs have an 8-man playoff rotation and that rotation is currently missing 3 players, along with a 4th(Splitter) being eased back in..they need to get their own guys back before thinking about acquiring random scrubs, tbh..

AaronY
12-27-2014, 09:13 AM
Bro how does no one else get this?

There's no guarantee the team will ever get completely healthy. Dropping Ayres and Daye and replacing them with people who actually belong in the NBA would be nice. Don't see any logical trade that could happen to help them though

szkorhetz
12-27-2014, 10:25 AM

Harkless is one of the best NBA prospects right now athletically wise. Orlando just won't give him up for nothing.. :D

Malik Hairston
12-27-2014, 04:54 PM
:lol Harkless can't get PT on one of the worst teams in the NBA, but he's going to be in the rotation for the NBA champions? Jesus..

DJR210
12-28-2014, 02:20 AM
Scola the savior IMO.

ace3g
01-03-2015, 05:55 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
(https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)Hearing that Quin Snyder's Utah Jazz have Elijah Millsap of the Bakersfield Jam in their sights for a @nbadleague (https://twitter.com/nbadleague/) callup

Marc Stein (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)
@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)

We haven't had ANY @nbadleague (https://twitter.com/nbadleague/) callups since Dec. 12 but they should pick up again now that NBA teams can offer 10-day deals starting Monday

Nathan89
01-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Spurs will to gsw unless they make a roster move.

kobyz
01-23-2015, 01:43 AM
Getting blow out with full lineup, now we have to make a roster move...

Sean Cagney
01-23-2015, 02:45 AM
get rid of Austin daye and errors ....bring in some fresher guys

One could ONLY wish that would happen. Damn that would be very nice.

Johnny RIngo
01-23-2015, 06:46 AM
Getting blow out with full lineup, now we have to make a roster move...

Pretty obvious what the Spurs need to do. Detroit showed us the blueprint back in December - got rid of a cancerous player and the entire team chemistry improved.

Nathan89
02-02-2015, 05:47 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/mohammed_050228_320.jpg

Midseason move is necessary imho. Package Ayres, Marco, and a 1st rd... Do everything possible to capitalize on this year tbh.

Malik Hairston
02-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Only realistic upgrades are a backup SF(which would involve trading Belinelli, which I would love, but I don't know if the FO feels the same way) and 4th big(which means they don't believe in Baynes)..

I don't think either of those potential transactions would move the needle, especially with the Josh Smith of PGs on the team..

Russo21
02-03-2015, 09:33 PM
Heard Andre Blatche is thinking bout coming back to the NBA after his stint in Chingchong land. Quite athletic and usually good for 10 and 5

TheGoldStandard
02-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Heard Andre Blatche is thinking bout coming back to the NBA after his stint in Chingchong land. Quite athletic and usually good for 10 and 5

He wouldn't touch the floor and be behind Ayres.. Just the Spurs way