PDA

View Full Version : We can't catch a break, tbh...

ElNono
12-20-2014, 01:11 AM
That Marc Gasol 3 was a travel and fluke as hell, then today Danny and Tim with shots not counting for a mere millisecond or two, Aldrige stepping out of bounds, then scrubs hitting 3s with the shot clock going down from everywhere...

You can always help your luck by playing better, but still, just a tough, tough stretch of bullshit right now... I guess it's better it happens now than in the playoffs, but still...

Add the injuries and the bullshit schedule, ugh

Mugen
12-20-2014, 01:13 AM
Don't forget Manu fouling Dirk tbh.

HI-FI
12-20-2014, 01:14 AM

:lol

ElNono
12-20-2014, 01:16 AM

damn... and Mike Miller shoe... we're fucked, tbh

Robz4000
12-20-2014, 01:19 AM

Or Manu fouling Grant Hill with his elbow...

timtonymanu
12-20-2014, 01:20 AM
It's like the Spurs are doomed forever. The title years are long gone now.

ElNono
12-20-2014, 01:25 AM
It's like the Spurs are doomed forever. The title years are long gone now.

Spurs never looked the same since trading Richard Jefferson, tbh...

TheGreatYacht
12-20-2014, 01:26 AM
Edit: It's the Spurs. This always happens

Harry Callahan
12-20-2014, 01:38 AM

What about Juwan Howard fouling Derek Anderson and separating his shoulder in the 01 Playoffs.

Mikeanaro
12-20-2014, 02:09 AM
So they let the out of bounds play that gave Portland 2 more points play one more overtime and then when we run out of gas is when refs really say SPURS LOSE!?

SupremeGuy
12-20-2014, 02:13 AM
Don't forget Manu fouling Dirk tbh.It still hurts :cry

Spursfanfromafar
12-20-2014, 02:20 AM
You forgot to add Nick Young's ridiculous 3 pointer.

Will average out in the end, methinks. Mark this day and post. In March, folks here will be singing hosannas at the Spurs' rebound.

kobyz
12-20-2014, 02:21 AM
We are a cursed team, not somthing new, but Pop wearing the beard for sure not helping!

ElNono
12-20-2014, 02:35 AM
You forgot to add Nick Young's ridiculous 3 pointer.

Will average out in the end, methinks. Mark this day and post. In March, folks here will be singing hosannas at the Spurs' rebound.

forgot about that scrub making a fluke shot

Hoops Czar
12-20-2014, 02:38 AM
That Marc Gasol 3 was a travel and fluke as hell, then today Danny and Tim with shots not counting for a mere millisecond or two, Aldrige stepping out of bounds, then scrubs hitting 3s with the shot clock going down from everywhere...

You can always help your luck by playing better, but still, just a tough, tough stretch of bullshit right now... I guess it's better it happens now than in the playoffs, but still...

Add the injuries and the bullshit schedule, ugh

When you play sorry ass defense, you pretty much get what your asking for. How the hell you can leave Matthews and Blake wide open for three's is beyond me.Those shot clock violations were cause by over dribbling and taking too long to get into sets. That's what happens when you play "milk the clock" with 2 minutes and change remaining.

ElNono
12-20-2014, 02:53 AM
When you play sorry ass defense, you pretty much get what your asking for. How the hell you can leave Matthews and Blake wide open for three's is beyond me.Those shot clock violations were cause by over dribbling and taking too long to get into sets. That's what happens when you play "milk the clock" with 2 minutes and change remaining.

You can put Marc Gasol on an island and he still won't bank in a three pointer in 5+ tries... and on some of those 3s, they came after misses where the ball just didn't bounce our way and they get a 2nd chance...

Just tough breaks... I'm not complaining, we've had our share of luck here and there too, and I don't disagree you can help that luck by playing better, I said as much in the OP... just frustrating when you're on the other side of the coin...

Hoops Czar
12-20-2014, 03:09 AM
You can put Marc Gasol on an island and he still won't bank in a three pointer in 5+ tries... and on some of those 3s, they came after misses where the ball just didn't bounce our way and they get a 2nd chance...

Just tough breaks... I'm not complaining, we've had our share of luck here and there too, and I don't disagree you can help that luck by playing better, I said as much in the OP... just frustrating when you're on the other side of the coin...

Meh, Duncan hit a 20 foot fade away that sent it into triple OT. If he took that shot 50 times, he'd probably make it twice. If the Spurs knocked down their free throws in that game, we wouldn't be talking about heroics. Tonight's game was much more costly because it's probably going to cost them two games for the price of one. I can't see Ginobili or Duncan playing tomorrow night in Dallas. Two six point leads and on the verge of closing the Blazers out twice and they absolutely shit the bed defensively.

Sean Cagney
12-20-2014, 03:11 AM
We are a cursed team, not somthing new, but Pop wearing the beard for sure not helping!

This year I agree but 5 titles and countless big plays and shots is not a cursed team man. Cursed the years after a title maybe but overall hell no man. If we are cursed 98% of the Nba is cursed tbh.

Sean Cagney
12-20-2014, 03:13 AM
Meh, Duncan hit a 20 foot fade away that sent it into triple OT. If he took that shot 50 times, he'd probably make it twice. If the Spurs knocked down their free throws in that game, we wouldn't be talking about heroics. Tonight's game was much more costly because it's probably going to cost them two games for the price of one. I can't see Ginobili or Duncan playing tomorrow night in Dallas. Two six point leads and on the verge of closing the Blazers out twice and they absolutely shit the bed defensively.
This about sums it up all in all.

spurs10
12-20-2014, 03:18 AM
Another tough loss with more bad breaks and tomorrow an almost certain loss. The most frustrating thing for me is not being able to see the light at the end of he tunnel. Doesn't sound like Los Hand is coming back soon and TP's prognosis ain't great. I think Manu is out of gas. Tim is just beyond belief.

ElNono
12-20-2014, 04:06 AM

I said it when it happened, if we didn't mail in the 1st half against Memphis, we wouldn't need heroics... but we're only getting Gino in bursts, some Tim and some Green... that's about it.

But even that freethrow slump by Tim was incredibly uncharacteristic... then against Portland his freebies are fine, but we get other shit happening...

now we also go triple OT back to back, hasn't happened in 60 years... just weird shit... again, not complaining, just pointing it out...

SupremeGuy
12-20-2014, 05:49 AM
We are a cursed team, not somthing new, but Pop wearing the beard for sure not helping!A cursed team with Timmy still carrying us to 5 while kirby sidekicked his way to it, tbh.

2 > 1

quentin_compson
12-20-2014, 06:47 AM
I agree that things aren't exactly going the Spurs' way right now. Waving off the baskets by Danny and Tim was the correct call, I guess, but not noticing Aldrige being out of bounds was definitely unfortunate for the Spurs.
That being said, the Spurs gave up too many offensive rebounds resulting in second chance points for the Blazers. Manu and Beli not hitting their shots and Manu giving away the ball at crucial moments didn't exactly help matters either.
Too bad the Spurs wasted such a great game from Duncan.

Raven
12-20-2014, 07:05 AM
damn... and Mike Miller shoe... we're fucked, tbh

indeed, we should have signed tyson chandler to swat that tbh

EVAY
12-20-2014, 07:11 AM

:lol:toast Been sayin' it all season. It explains everything.

dg7md
12-20-2014, 07:12 AM
SPAM?

We go through this ever year. Yeah, it's worse this year because Golden State and Portland are great, much better teams, but man, I don't know if I think we're doomed yet.

urunobili
12-20-2014, 09:45 AM

sammy
12-20-2014, 09:50 AM

WTF does that have to do with anything! That was years ago!

sammy
12-20-2014, 09:53 AM
So they let the out of bounds play that gave Portland 2 more points play one more overtime and then when we run out of gas is when refs really say SPURS LOSE!?

So true! Crooked blind refs! Of course no review of that crap!

SnakeBoy
12-20-2014, 10:39 AM

I think you're onto something...it's that damn beard causing all of this!

Agloco
12-20-2014, 10:48 AM
Five of our losses have resulted from last second fluke shots tbh. The Spurs could easily be 25-2 at this point. Don't forget that their worst loss of the season with the Big 3 in the lineup was by 5 at Phoenix (and they led that game until about the 3 minute mark of the fourth). So eight of the ten losses have been by 5 or less (I'm counting this 3OT game vs POR as one of them)....those are essentially coin flip games. Most likely that the Spurs should be 20-7 at this point. We've just had some bad bounces at all the wrong times. Things aren't nearly as bad as they seem.

BillMc
12-20-2014, 10:52 AM
Five of our losses have resulted from last second fluke shots tbh. The Spurs could easily be 25-2 at this point. Don't forget that their worst loss of the season with the Big 3 in the lineup was by 5 at Phoenix (and they led that game until about the 3 minute mark of the fourth). So eight of the ten losses have been by 5 or less (I'm counting this 3OT game vs POR as one of them)....those are essentially coin flip games. Most likely that the Spurs should be 20-7 at this point. We've just had some bad bounces at all the wrong times. Things aren't nearly as bad as they seem.

Good perspective. Let's see how we look with our team whole and with a few games playing together before anyone jumps off that cliff.

tlongII
12-20-2014, 10:56 AM
:cry

UZER
12-20-2014, 11:53 AM
forgot about that scrub making a fluke shot

Then trying to pimp it out as cold blooded...gtfo

florige
12-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Remember this time last year we couldn't beat any of the so-called good teams. We turned it on and started flat out destroying everyone after the New Year. I still expect it to be Cleveland-SA when everything is all said and done. Both teams have bulls eye on their backs. But once both teams figure things out I expect a steam roll. Dallas got worse match-up wise against us anyway. GS and Portland are just hot now, but I expect both teams to come back down to earth come March. OKC is the only team that still worries me. But not anyone else once we get back to full strength.

CitizenDwayne
12-20-2014, 01:13 PM
We'll be fine. Griz and Portland don't stand a chance of making it to the Finals. Spurs do.

tlongII
12-20-2014, 04:04 PM
The West is stacked.

ElNono
12-20-2014, 10:57 PM
:lol Devin Harris hitting back to back 3s.... fluke train won't stop, tbh

Jodelo
12-20-2014, 11:01 PM

He's shooting 41% this year.

ElNono
12-20-2014, 11:08 PM
He's shooting 41% this year.

I take it back then... I thought his career was in the lower 30's...

Malik Hairston
12-20-2014, 11:09 PM

He did it against the Spurs last year in the playoffs, too, he was probably one of their 3 most important players in that series(along with Ellis and Carter)..

He's a much worse matchup than scrub Rondo:lol..

Last year in the playoffs vs. the Spurs, Harris/Calderon combined for 22 PPG/7 APG and more importantly, 43% from 3..no way Rondo even comes close to that..

ElNono
12-20-2014, 11:09 PM
He did it against the Spurs last year in the playoffs, too, he was probably one of their 3 most important players in that series(along with Ellis and Carter)..

He's a much worse matchup than scrub Rondo:lol..

Rondo is terrible, and he won't shoot (rightly so). I think he's gonna cost them a lot of games, tbh...

Jodelo
12-20-2014, 11:11 PM
I take it back then... I thought his career was in the lower 30's...

It was i believe but this year he is hitting the three ball. It looks like he changed his technique a bit, helps so far. Maybe/I guess he will decline going forward...

Malik Hairston
12-20-2014, 11:18 PM
It was i believe but this year he is hitting the three ball. It looks like he changed his technique a bit, helps so far. Maybe/I guess he will decline going forward...

He shot over 40% from 3 in the playoffs vs. the Spurs, last year..

I love Harris as a backup PG, tbh, one of the best in the league..