PDA

View Full Version : Boris Diaw..

apalisoc_9
12-20-2014, 03:21 AM
I didn't watch the game tbh..

But isn't he supposed to be one of the most versatile offensive players in our team?

Wasn't he a reliable scorer in some of the playoff series in the last two years..

2 shots though..

WTF is wrong with this nigga.

The team badly needed another player willing to have to the ball on hands, but this nigga takes 2 shots..

What exactly happened? I'm one of the biggest boris fans out there, but wtf

Nathan89
12-20-2014, 03:33 AM
Boris is the most versatile and the least aggressive. Also 28min of playing time in a three ot game is a joke.

EVAY
12-20-2014, 07:09 AM
Boris is the most versatile and the least aggressive. Also 28min of playing time in a three ot game is a joke.

I think the amount of time played is a function of his NOT being aggressive last night, and there being a game tonight where he is likely to see Lonnnnnng minutes.

hyhy
12-20-2014, 07:51 AM
Focusing on defense

AaronY
12-20-2014, 08:07 AM
This is like being surprised that Shaq missed free throws..where you been his whole career, OP?

Agloco
12-20-2014, 10:54 AM

But isn't he supposed to be one of the most versatile offensive players in our team?

Wasn't he a reliable scorer in some of the playoff series in the last two years..

2 shots though..

The team badly needed another player willing to have to the ball on hands, but this nigga takes 2 shots..

He got paid. It's his MO after a contract year.

EVAY
12-20-2014, 02:09 PM
He got paid. It's his MO after a contract year.

I really don't want to believe that. At the same time, all the evidence to date suggests...

What kills me is that he is soooooo good when he puts out the effort. I don't think I will ever understand it with him.

mkurts
12-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Stone cold while Ellis red hot

cd021
12-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Don't know if posting Chandler was the best idea. He is clearly passing up 3's he did it on at least 3 occasions in the second half. Two were on one possession where Chandler wouldn't have even been able to trul contest the shot.

Having a down season and the added minutes probably aren't helping, then again he's playing with all sorts of lineups which is probably limiting his effectiveness.

I'd prefer Splitter and Diaw off the bench and start Bonner/ Baynes depending on the match-up in a Blair role. Splitter can run P&Rs with Manu with Diaw spotting up in the corners and occasionally bulling guards/wings and some PFs in the post.

Ice009
12-20-2014, 11:10 PM
Boris is too fat to shoot threes.

He can't get any lift from his legs and his arms are too flabby to throw the ball up.

I'm disappointed in him. I never would have come to camp in the shape he's in. I would have been in the weight room toning up and losing some of that fat and turning it into muscle.

mkurts
12-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Parties and shagging clubbing sluts dont help ....

Harry Callahan
12-20-2014, 11:37 PM
I really don't want to believe that. At the same time, all the evidence to date suggests...

What kills me is that he is soooooo good when he puts out the effort. I don't think I will ever understand it with him.

Playing into shape is not a great idea for anyone, especially a heavy guy.

timtonymanu
12-20-2014, 11:42 PM
Diaw is an NBA champion and was a big part of the run. It's not like last season where he had something to prove so much that he broke out in the regular season.

I'm not concerned about Boris. I think he's pulling a Robert Horry and mailing it in until the playoffs start.

He clearly looks gassed though. IIRC he hasn't sat out a game this season.

Ice009
12-20-2014, 11:49 PM
I think Boris found a decent playing weight last season, so I just don't get why he'd come into camp over that weight.

I agree with Harry, playing a fat/heavy guy into shape is a bad idea. That's what Shaq tried to do in his last couple of seasons in LA and that didn't turn out too good.

He might be tired, but he's bought at least half of it on himself by being in mediocre shape to begin with. I don't have any sympathy for him at all.

Brunodf
12-21-2014, 01:42 AM
:lmaoAnd some people thought that the Spurs didn't overpay him and that he would play as good as last season :lmao

le13
12-21-2014, 07:39 AM

2 shots though..

Quite easy to understand apalisoc! Spurs team lost their chemistry since their last title. Hard for a team to focus after such a demonstration in front of the face of the world. You threads about, kwany, tony, bobo, Manu and so on are nonsense.. You do not understand that the essence of this team is the "core of this team" with timy, kwany, Manu, splitter, bobo.. They buid a system around that.

Spurs success does not rely on one player, It used to be at the beginning of Timmy era, but not anymore

With all the injuries and the lost of the chemistry, you should not expect bobo to be suddenly the leader, he is not made for that. All things they have in their tank right now without their core players is their fighting spirit (like you did notice in your first good thread earlier today...)

But for a guy like you and some others here, I am really surprised if you did see the playoffs and finals last season, that you did not notice that. Spurs fans like you and me, should always behave as pop and this team behave, support all of them, whatever a player got injury, playing bad, and so on... Be a real Spurs fan!

I wish you all the best to you and your family for Christmas

elemento
12-21-2014, 07:50 AM
Boris has always been very passive playing. Not sure how this is a surprise at this point of his career.

Solid D
12-21-2014, 09:00 AM
Boris was very good against the Mavs. Anyone can have an off game shooting from the outside but I think his defense was excellent and his leadership was obvious.

ducks
12-21-2014, 05:07 PM
looked to me boris was out of gas
all his shots were short 5 games in 7 nights

itzsoweezee
12-21-2014, 05:20 PM
Boris has always been very passive playing. Not sure how this is a surprise at this point of his career.

It's not his passivity that's the problem. It's his lack of production. His shooting has gone in the toilet. It looks like he has absolutely no lift in his legs.

Malik Hairston
12-21-2014, 05:47 PM
A player known for being passive/unmotivated isn't going to give 100% effort in meaningless December games after he just won the championship and played Summer ball for his country..he'll be fine when the games matter IMO..

TD 21
12-21-2014, 07:00 PM
A player known for being passive/unmotivated isn't going to give 100% effort in meaningless December games after he just won the championship and played Summer ball for his country..he'll be fine when the games matter IMO..

If he can move. Despite being older, having significantly more mileage and as usual playing for France, once again Splitter is being babied to no end, while Diaw is being run into the ground, particularly on the second night of back-to-backs. It's not like you can say they're saving Splitter for the playoffs either, because we all know Diaw is going to play more minutes than Splitter then too. Of the top seven-eight players, Pop is inexplicably the least cautious with Diaw.

wildchild
01-22-2015, 11:25 PM
And when he takes the shots...he's ineffective... 1-9

We know he isn't a good rebounder, but even his defense looks bad, against Faried last game and Gibson tonight was really bad...

His energy, effectiveness and concentration are not there...I love Bobo but this is so disappointing.

Mikeanaro
01-22-2015, 11:34 PM
This season Boris has been a completely bum, too passive and never takes some risky decisions (always hesitates shots) its like ¨Come on man I just won my ring whats for dinner?¨

pgardn
01-22-2015, 11:47 PM
This season Boris has been a completely bum, too passive and never takes some risky decisions (always hesitates shots) its like ¨Come on man I just won my ring whats for dinner?¨

I give him a pass until the playoffs.

He can get bored. He is not a grinder like Manu.

wildchild
01-22-2015, 11:52 PM
#7th seed in the West...

Nobody can get a pass or get bored...

Brunodf
01-23-2015, 01:00 AM
And some people thought that he was worth 8 mil/yr :lol

FkLA
01-23-2015, 01:03 AM
He's been fine imo. He took shots and was aggressive, the shots just weren't falling which happens sometimes. Plus that's a really tough match-up for all our frontline since MVPau/Gibson/Noah (when healthy) are beasts.

Cry Havoc
01-23-2015, 01:41 AM

You should lead every post of yours with this. It would give a lot more credit where it's due.

PingPong
01-23-2015, 06:38 AM
Boris fits better playing alongside Splitter, Manu and Mills. And he seems to be tired, probably he is the one wich played more minutes in the team this season.

Ice009
01-23-2015, 09:54 AM
His fat and out of shape. That's his main problem. He's not in the same shape he was last season and IMO that is hampering his game.

I'm not happy with his off-season dedication to staying in shape. He's nowhere near as dominant as someone like Shaq who could come in out of shape and work it off during the season.

DesignatedT
01-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Robert Horry syndrome. Nothing to see here. Happens all the time with Bobo. He'll be ready when the bright lights come on. One of the clutchest Spurs of all time tbh.

hater
01-23-2015, 10:13 AM
OP must not watch many Spurs games. smh

Diaw is known to coast and take more than a few games off.

Brazil
01-26-2015, 07:29 AM
:lol I do not watch the games
:lol I'm a fan of the team but I don't know any of the players except Leonard
:lol I create a thread with wtf happened to this nigga when globally this nigga has the exact same season than last year
:lol 7,6 FGAs vs. 7,3 / 4,4 apg vs. 4,1

:cry wtf happened :cry

romain.star
01-26-2015, 07:48 AM

2 shots though..

So you are so surprised that Boris took only 2 shots that you feel like strarting a threat just for that... WTF?

So you have clearly never watched Boris play basketball but still, you consider yourself as one of his biggest fan.

Are you aware that you are allowed to watch non-Kawhi players too?