PDA

View Full Version : Is there or has there ever been a team expected to win without their best players?

Horse
12-20-2014, 10:17 AM
Everyone is bitching and losing, especially in 3OT is really frustrating but we still have yet to play a single game with the team that won it all last season.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Has there ever been a fan base that shit on their legends routinely when they are almost 40?

apalisoc_9
12-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Kawhi is out and everyone expects a blowout

:lol

Agloco
12-20-2014, 10:51 AM
Has there ever been a fan base that shit on their legends routinely when they are almost 40?

This.

DMC
12-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Because the Spurs compete even with the end of the bench playing the other teams' starters, they are expected to win if any of their starting 5 are on the floor. That's not a bad thing. The Spurs have a long history of winning tough games under difficult situations. When winning becomes a sweet surprise, that's when it's a bad thing.

Mr Bones
12-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Everyone is bitching and losing, especially in 3OT is really frustrating but we still have yet to play a single game with the team that won it all last season.

It's ironic that to find the biggest haters and worst Spurs fans, all I need to do is to log on to www.spurstalk.com.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-20-2014, 01:17 PM
It's ironic that to find the worst Spurs fans, all I need to do is to log on to Spurstalk.com.

Enlighten me on how my post puts me in that category?

Mr Bones
12-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Enlighten me on how my post puts me in that category?

Oh no! I was agreeing with you guys.

ElNono
12-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Because the Spurs compete even with the end of the bench playing the other teams' starters, they are expected to win if any of their starting 5 are on the floor. That's not a bad thing. The Spurs have a long history of winning tough games under difficult situations. When winning becomes a sweet surprise, that's when it's a bad thing.

This also doesn't get mentioned enough... Portland last night was playing Lollard and Aldrige against our bench for long stretches... Same against the Grizz, they had Conley with their bench unit in the 2nd half...

It's the regular season, so Pop won't fully matchup all game, but that should change when the playoffs roll around.

hater
12-20-2014, 01:37 PM
Batum and lopez were out for Portland. We were at home. That game we should have won.

Also the memphis game they were on a back to back. Should have won

EVAY
12-20-2014, 01:42 PM

I mentioned this to someone last night. Not one single game so far this season.

Frankly, what amazes me is that folks would rather trash their own players who showed up and played their hardest (that doesn't include you, Boris) than acknowledge an over-the-top performance by a genuine star in the person of Lillard. Lillard was on fire in the fourth and in the overtimes, and nobody and nothing we had could stop him. We have all seen games when one of our guys "took over" the game. That was Lillard last night in the third OT.

Give the guy credit, fellas.

Sometimes it is not on one of us...sometimes we just got outplayed by a guy.

hater
12-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Patty mills is the most overrated spur in history imo

Darius Bieber
12-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Batum and lopez were out for Portland. We were at home. That game we should have won.

This. Most of the homers just think Spurs are in a tough position and that's why they lose. No. Other teams have bad stretches also, but they win.

apalisoc_9
12-20-2014, 03:26 PM

Mills is the best PG wearing a spurs uniform

DMC
12-20-2014, 03:28 PM

No he's not. He's barely holding down a roster spot. We all know he's a volume shooter and an energy guy who's defense is gambling and being annoying. He's not overrated, just more of a fearless attacker than Cojo, which is why Patty gets minutes. I guess Pop overrates him as well.

DMC
12-20-2014, 03:29 PM
This. Most of the homers just think Spurs are in a tough position and that's why they lose. No. Other teams have bad stretches also, but they win.
What?

How can you have a bad stretch and win? What is the bad stretch if not losing? I think half the forum up here is mentally retarded. Some of the shit you guys post either makes absolutely zero sense or it's so short sighted as to suggest you've just begun to watch professional sports.

Horse
12-20-2014, 04:23 PM
It's more than just his skill as a player, when he's there everyone goes back to their normal spot.

Darius Bieber
12-20-2014, 06:29 PM
What?

How can you have a bad stretch and win? What is the bad stretch if not losing? I think half the forum up here is mentally retarded. Some of the shit you guys post either makes absolutely zero sense or it's so short sighted as to suggest you've just begun to watch professional sports.

Bad stretch of games and back-to-backs. Portland has a really bad stretch of games coming up. Faced the Spurs twice, gonna face the Rockets, Mavs, OKC coming up with no Batum or Lopez.... Yet they continue to win.

therealtruth
12-21-2014, 01:01 AM
We were actually hurt alot last year and still found ways to win.

TampaDude
12-21-2014, 07:03 AM
We were something like 0-11 against playoff teams early on last season, and remember how that turned out.

R. E. L. A. X.

Mr Bones
12-21-2014, 10:55 PM
The almost worse case scenario has happened to the Spurs with a ridiculous run of injuries to important players and yet they are 17-11. That's a better record than Cleveland, with three healthy stars, and New Orleans, with a squad full of good, young players. It's an incredible accomplishment.

Budkin
12-21-2014, 10:59 PM
The game last night just reassured me that we're gonna bend the rest of the league over as soon as we're fully healthy.

Sean Cagney
12-22-2014, 03:03 AM
The game last night just reassured me that we're gonna bend the rest of the league over as soon as we're fully healthy.

I hope you are correct man, you very well could be. When they get back and turn it on I look for them to ring off a few good win streaks TBH.

cd021
12-22-2014, 04:42 AM

Should have won both but the Memphis game was the one were we really missed KL. With the Diaw-Duncan pairing Leonard makes up for Diaws mediocre rebounding.

james evans
12-22-2014, 11:20 AM
what other team in the league can sit every starter and only lose by 6 to the mav? cleveleand? GS? the thunder? memphis? Which team?

therealtruth
12-22-2014, 02:24 PM
I think we'll be fine if we get healthy in time.

cjw
12-22-2014, 02:27 PM
The almost worse case scenario has happened to the Spurs with a ridiculous run of injuries to important players and yet they are 17-11. That's a better record than Cleveland, with three healthy stars, and New Orleans, with a squad full of good, young players. It's an incredible accomplishment.

This x100. We're not the 72-10 Bulls, but in the end all titles count the same (unless you ask Lakers fans or Bill Simmons who say it's 5 Kobe / 4.5 Duncan)

Horse
12-22-2014, 06:06 PM
This x100. We're not the 72-10 Bulls, but in the end all titles count the same (unless you ask Lakers fans or Bill Simmons who say it's 5 Kobe / 4.5 Duncan)
That's some dumb shit and if that's the case should be Duncan 4.5/ Kobe 2

cjw
12-23-2014, 12:29 AM
That's some dumb shit and if that's the case should be Duncan 4.5/ Kobe 2

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. The excuse is "oh nobody was in shape that year because of the lockout and Spurs got Knicks minus Ewing". Well, too f'ing bad?

Horse
12-23-2014, 01:24 AM
Hey, don't shoot the messenger. The excuse is "oh nobody was in shape that year because of the lockout and Spurs got Knicks minus Ewing". Well, too f'ing bad?
And I guarantee the Knicks don't make the finals if Ewing was healthy.