PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Lebron in the 90's era

RsxPiimp
12-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Let's settle this once and for all. I think Lebron would dominate any era period, but it's always puzzling when some of the best players in that era discredits his dominance.

MJ was on record saying this

When someone on TV compares LeBron to Oscar Robertson, Jordan fumes. He rolls his eyes, stretches his neck, frustrated. "It's absolutely … " he says, catching himself. "The point is, no one is critiquing the personnel that he's playing against. Their knowledge of how to play the game … that's not a fair comparison. That's not right … Could LeBron be successful in our era? Yes. Would he be as successful? No."

That's after Lebron's back to back title IIRC. It's well known that Lebron is criticized for his mental toughness, ridiculous as that may sound. But we can all probably agree, that this generation of players is a bit "soft" in terms of their approach to the game. Not necessarily a bad thing since it is a different era afterall.

Do you agree that Lebron would not be "as successful" in Jordan's era?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-20-2014, 10:27 AM
Nah, he'd get hand-checked into oblivion.

He'd probably be an above-average player that's borderline elite. I just don't see him doing very well against the best defenders in the league TBH

TDMVPDPOY
12-20-2014, 11:34 AM
90S sg/sf position was filled by shit

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 12:37 PM
He's a mental midget, so no. The Bad Boys would push his shit in. So would the Knicks. Oakley, Barkley, Laimbeer, Rodman, and many other true thugs would have made his life hell. He hasn't shown toughness in today's game - what makes you farmers think he could survive in the'80s? Real talk.

Samuel Eto'o
12-20-2014, 12:41 PM
I forgot how fucking stupid this forum is. Every god damn thread is filled with trash.

baseline bum
12-20-2014, 12:44 PM
You guys are going to trust the guy who drafted Adam Morrison and Kwame Brown to evaluate talent? Really?

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 12:59 PM
You guys are going to trust the guy who drafted Adam Morrison and Kwame Brown to evaluate talent? Really?

Read it again. He said LeHype would be successful - I agree. I think he'd be an allstar in the'80s - just not a superstar. But when asked if LeHype would be as successful back then as he is now he said no. That’s true.

I've never seen any MJ comments stating LeHype doesn't have talent. It's his mental makeup that MJ doubts. I agree.

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 01:01 PM
I forgot how fucking stupid this forum is. Every god damn thread is filled with trash.

Yet you posted in this thread anyway. Says a lot about your lack of intellect. :downspin:

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Nah, he'd get hand-checked into oblivion.

He'd probably be an above-average player that's borderline elite. I just don't see him doing very well against the best defenders in the league TBHI believe Pippen would have locked him down. Without help. Pippen is the greatest defender I've ever seen tbh.

Thread
12-20-2014, 01:04 PM

There was nothing wrong with Brown cept Phil Jackson tried to turn him into James Worthy.

jeebus
12-20-2014, 01:05 PM
If Lebeta played any time before 2000, he would average around 6 ppg, 2 rpg, and half an assist. Tops. He wouldn't even get playing time if he played on the Mavs in the 90s.

baseline bum
12-20-2014, 01:22 PM
Read it again. He said LeHype would be successful - I agree. I think he'd be an allstar in the'80s - just not a superstar. But when asked if LeHype would be as successful back then as he is now he said no. That’s true.

I've never seen any MJ comments stating LeHype doesn't have talent. It's his mental makeup that MJ doubts. I agree.

:lol Jordan's talent evaluation is shit. LOL having to dump Lance Stephenson after giving him that retarded contract.

resistanze
12-20-2014, 01:29 PM
mental makeup of waiting for the celtics to get old and complaining to stern about the pistons tbh

da_suns_fan
12-20-2014, 01:43 PM
If Lebron James played in Oscar Robertson's era, what would he average?

What would he average when the talent pool is divided into two leagues, theres no three point shot etc.

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 01:44 PM
:lol Jordan's talent evaluation is shit. LOL having to dump Lance Stephenson after giving him that retarded contract.

:lol - he's not talking about LeHype's talent - so you can't use his "GM skillz" against him. -23 points s:loln.

Buddy Mignon
12-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Let's settle this once and for all. I think Lebron would dominate any era period, but it's always puzzling when some of the best players in that era discredits his dominance.

MJ was on record saying this

When someone on TV compares LeBron to Oscar Robertson, Jordan fumes. He rolls his eyes, stretches his neck, frustrated. "It's absolutely … " he says, catching himself. "The point is, no one is critiquing the personnel that he's playing against. Their knowledge of how to play the game … that's not a fair comparison. That's not right … Could LeBron be successful in our era? Yes. Would he be as successful? No."

That's after Lebron's back to back title IIRC. It's well known that Lebron is criticized for his mental toughness, ridiculous as that may sound. But we can all probably agree, that this generation of players is a bit "soft" in terms of their approach to the game. Not necessarily a bad thing since it is a different era afterall.

Do you agree that Lebron would not be "as successful" in Jordan's era?

He doesn't dominant this era, period. He plays in a much weaker conference. He left his team to chase a ring on a stacked team. He's 2/5 in the finals and went like 2 Finals without reaching his regular season average. I can honestly say that I've seen him afraid during games. Can he put up numbers? Yes. Is he great? No. Jordan smells fear on Lebron... and I see it. MJ could never respect a guy like that. In so many words Jim feels the same way. Do you think Magic would guarantee a win over Bird? Do you think Isaiah would guarantee a win over Magic? Do you think Duncan would guarantee a win over Kobe? Yet, an old ass Duncan guaranteed a win over Lebron. Why? Because he doesn't respect him as an elite competitor. Lebron and his legion of nerds define the game simply by numbers. "Check My Stats" is the shirt Lebron wore. Well... on the biggest stage check his record and his tats. That says it all.

baseline bum
12-20-2014, 01:52 PM
:lol - he's not talking about LeHype's talent - so you can't use his "GM skillz" against him. -23 points s:loln.

Fine. Jordan's toughness evaluation is shit since he drafted Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison and signed Lance Stephenson.

Buddy Mignon
12-20-2014, 01:55 PM
I believe Pippen would have locked him down. Without help. Pippen is the greatest defender I've ever seen tbh.

Pippen was nothing but a glorified Jordan dick rider. He never locked anyone down. He was a good teammate, but Jordan was the heart of that team.

__CbYpgot9o

Samuel Eto'o
12-20-2014, 01:57 PM
Yet you posted in this thread anyway. Says a lot about your lack of intellect. :downspin:

You got me.

Clipper Nation
12-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Kang would have taken a wet hot shit all over the league, tbh.

:lmao '90s basketball

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Pippen was nothing but a glorified Jordan dick rider. He never locked anyone down. He was a good teammate, but Jordan was the heart of that team.

__CbYpgot9o
:lmaoK:

N9vFHYVXtRk

And MJ didn't win shit without PippenPERIOD.

StrengthAndHonor
12-20-2014, 02:06 PM

No offense, but I hate this argument. Players are drafted by potential. It's a lottery for a reason.

Now Jordan is speaking here as a competitor. I'm assuming he observed Lebron's rise and fall in the league so he based his opinion on that. It's no different than watching your peers on game film. At a certain point, they just develop a character or habit. Without understanding the finer nuances, we're probably not going to understand his take on this matter as an athlete.

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Pippen had an incredible "Hit List" in ^ vid. He locked up several HOFers. Defend all 5 positions in a pinch. SMH at anyone saying Pip wasn’t a great defender. :lol

baseline bum
12-20-2014, 02:08 PM
No offense, but I hate this argument. Players are drafted by potential. It's a lottery for a reason.

Now Jordan is speaking here as a competitor. I'm assuming he observed Lebron's rise and fall in the league so he based his opinion on that. It's no different than watching your peers on game film. At a certain point, they just develop a character or habit. Without understanding the finer nuances, we're probably not going to understand his take on this matter as an athlete.

OK, you're going to trust the guy who signed Lance Stephenson?

Infinite_limit
12-20-2014, 02:12 PM
He has many faults and they are obvious

- The flopping
- The injuries at key moments
- The chasing Rings as League MVP

Took him too long to establish a Post game

oh crap
12-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Kang would have taken a wet hot shit all over the league, tbh.

:lmao '90s basketball

:lmao:lmao

Your dick riding knows no bounds.

Infinite_limit
12-20-2014, 02:16 PM
:lmaoK:

N9vFHYVXtRk

And MJ didn't win shit without PippenPERIOD.
God damn I was looking at Pippen jerseys last night. Thinking White or Black pinstripe

Cry Havoc
12-20-2014, 02:19 PM
If LeBron could hand check on D, he would be an absolute fucking monster.

:lmao Hand checking is gonna stop a 6'8" 265 dude who can play point. :lmao

Y'all some old motherfuckers who either A) wanna keep viewing the past with dat rose-tint or B) Kobe worshippers.

Period. End of it.

StrengthAndHonor
12-20-2014, 02:22 PM
OK, you're going to trust the guy who signed Lance Stephenson?

I wouldn't trust Jordan's instinct as a GM/Owner, but his competitive nature is at work there in regards to his comments about Lebron. By admitting Lebron would have the "same success" as the question intended, then realize he's also giving away his position as the undisputable best player of his generation.

Buddy Mignon
12-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Pippen had an incredible "Hit List" in ^ vid. He locked up several HOFers. Defend all 5 positions in a pinch. SMH at anyone saying Pip wasn’t a great defender. :lol

Penny and Grant Hill would take turns pushing Pippen's shit in.

Clipper Nation
12-20-2014, 02:25 PM
:lmao:lmao

Your dick riding knows no bounds.
^ "Hawks fan," Durant dickrider

Clipper Nation
12-20-2014, 02:28 PM

Y'all some old motherfuckers who either A) wanna keep viewing the past with dat rose-tint or B) Kobe worshippers.

Period. End of it.
Plus, put in the old illegal defense rules and the Mavs' zone defense can't be used against LeBron.

:lol The only strategy defenses could use against him would be to hard-foul him, and LeBron would get to use those same tactics right back on the other end.

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 02:29 PM

Period. End of it.

Dude (?) - shut it. :lol We not talking about his talent. We talking about his inability to withstand a forearm shiver (which won't be a flagrant foul), get up, and still play on a high level. He has shown me NOTHING that proves he can do it.

Eventually that shit would fuck with him mentally, like it did with MJ - who is WAY MORE mentally stronger than LeHype ever could even dream of. :lol

He doesn't have the mental fortitude. Nothing wrong with that. :lol

Clipper Nation
12-20-2014, 02:32 PM
:lol DK was routinely owned by Bird and had to beg Stern to change the rules so he could finally beat the Pistons. The Bad Boys owned his ass so thoroughly pre-riggage that he sobbed on the bus after one of those series. Dat mental toughness :cry

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Penny and Grant Hill would take turns pushing Pippen's shit in.

Youtube that shit then s:loln. Anyone can score on anyone. What you are insenuating is Pip can't check them. You crazy if you believe that shiiiiiiiiiiit! :rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 02:36 PM
:lol DK was routinely owned by Bird and had to beg Stern to change the rules so he could finally beat the Pistons. The Bad Boys owned his ass so thoroughly pre-riggage that he sobbed on the bus after one of those series. Dat mental toughness :cry

Dad Killer would DOMINATE LeHype if both played in their primes. I'm not talking shit either.

Cry Havoc
12-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Dude (?) - shut it. :lol We not talking about his talent. We talking about his inability to withstand a forearm shiver (which won't be a flagrant foul), get up, and still play on a high level. He has shown me NOTHING that proves he can do it.

Eventually that shit would fuck with him mentally, like it did with MJ - who is WAY MORE mentally stronger than LeHype ever could even dream of. :lol

He doesn't have the mental fortitude. Nothing wrong with that. :lol

Because no other players today flop, right? I suppose Manu would have sucked in the 90s?

:lmao Can you imagine anyone in the league smaller than 250 trying to drive on LeBron if he could hand-check? It wouldn't even be possible.

Cry Havoc
12-20-2014, 02:48 PM
Dad Killer would DOMINATE LeHype if both played in their primes. I'm not talking shit either.

Jordan would dominate anyone in any era. That doesn't take anything away from Bron. Jordan would have taken a wet hot steaming dump on Kobe and laughed about it.

Clipper Nation
12-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Jordan would dominate anyone in any era.
Bird and Dumars pushed his shit inPERIOD

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Because no other players today flop, right? I suppose Manure would have sucked in the 90s?

:lmao Can you imagine anyone in the league smaller than 250 trying to drive on LeBron if he could hand-check? It wouldn't even be possible.
See bolded name change to see what I think of Beak's prospects as a player in the '80s.
:lol
You keep referring to his defensive ability. Trugh be told, Kobe taught him how to play defense in the 2008 Olympics. Need proof? Look up his first team all defense nods. I guarantee you they were not before 2008. So when Coach K says Kobe set the tone for that team since day one, believe it. :tu

Back on topic. I'm talking offensively for LeHype. If he doesn't have ref protection, other than a fastbreak dunk, you will see him pussyfooting around instead of trying to posterize players like you see now. Rick Mahorn would have fucked his shit up. :lol He would have tried to live on the perimeter, even at 6'8" and 250 muthafucking pounds! :rollin :lmao :rollin

AaronY
12-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Excellent debate

baseline bum
12-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Kobestan so fucking insecure after missing the playoffs twice.

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 03:07 PM
Kobestan so fucking insecure after missing the playoffs twice.
5/7 >>>>>>> 2/5. ;)

JohnnyMax
12-20-2014, 03:10 PM
Lebron by himself is overrated.

But when he has complimentary pieces (athletic players, defenders and shooters), he would easily wreck the league.

Cry Havoc
12-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Laker fans, embarrassing themselves yet again. Par for the course on SpursTalk.

Arcadian
12-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Pretty sure he would dominate in any era...and I'm not a Lebron fanboy.

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 03:16 PM
Jordan would dominate anyone in any era. That doesn't take anything away from Bron. Jordan would have taken a wet hot steaming dump on Kobe and laughed about it.
Maybe, but we know MJ took 55 on the chin...

puoruHE7aHk

...and couldn't do a John Clawd Van Damn about that shiiiiiiiiiiit! :rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 03:17 PM

But when he has complimentary pieces (athletic players, defenders and shooters), he would easily wreck the league.

So he needs helpPERIOD? :downspin:

Cry Havoc
12-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Maybe, but we know MJ took 55 on the chin...

puoruHE7aHk

...and couldn't do a John Clawd Van Damn about that shiiiiiiiiiiit! :rollin :lmao :rollin

Wow, weird. What's that team Jordan's playing for?

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 03:20 PM
Laker fans, embarrassing themselves yet again. Par for the course on SpursTalk.

Did LeHype make even ONE 1st team all defense team before he played with Kobe or what? I don't think I'm wrong son. Neal with it. :downspin:

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Wow, weird. What's that team Jordan's playing for?

That is MJ, or another brother that looks like him. Maybe his family portrait will help ID his punkass:

http://www.thegirlslockeroom.com/uploads/2/3/4/0/23401698/436317956.jpg

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! :rollin :lmao :rollin

Clipper Nation
12-20-2014, 03:41 PM
LeBron dragged a glorified D-League team to the Finals by himself.

Cry Havoc
12-20-2014, 04:11 PM

And Duncan won a Finals with a team that was almost as bad.

Kobe can't even beat a Durant-less Thunder team. :lmao

Malik Hairston
12-20-2014, 04:15 PM
If he played in the 90s, his career would have been cut short IMO, since he probably would have killed himself after the first film session of that disgusting basketball:lol..

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 05:00 PM
You LeBronites have shitty memories, but thankfully, I d;)n't:

1) The EC was weak ass fuck det year
2) He wouldn't have even gotten out the WC det year
3) He got Curbstomped by your Spurs
4) Then PP ran him out of town
5) Then he colluded with D-Whistle and Bosh Spice
6) Spo sed he cried like a beotch when they were losing
7) Dirk dick slapped him in 11
8) MM bailed him out in 12
9) RA bailed him out in 13
10) TD guranteed he would kick his ass in 14 and did :lol

Then he drug overrated ass Kevin Love with him to The Q - thinking he'll win. To be determined but I doubt it son. :downspin:

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 05:02 PM
And Duncan won a Finals with a team that was almost as bad.

Kobe can't even beat a Durant-less Thunder team. :lmao

When both played the entire playoff series, what's their H2H record? Whoever leads is better. :)

Clipper Nation
12-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Whoever leads is better. :)
Esteban finally admitting that Shaq, MVPau, Bynum, Odom, Fisher, and Horry >>>>>> KirbyPERIOD

SupremeGuy
12-20-2014, 05:23 PM
90S sg/sf position was filled by shitThat's Remy LaCroix in your sig right?

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Esteban finally admitting that Shaq, MVPau, Bynum, Odom, Fisher, and Horry >>>>>> KirbyPERIOD

CN running as fast as he can from my 10-point troof bomb post. I forgive you son. :lol

Clipper Nation
12-20-2014, 05:28 PM
CN running as fast as he can from my 10-point troof bomb post. I forgive you son. :lol
Stop deflecting. Kirbs = decent role player at bestPERIOD

SupremeGuy
12-20-2014, 05:30 PM
There's certain players that would dominate in any era, Lebron is one of them.

Cry Havoc
12-20-2014, 05:56 PM
When both played the entire playoff series, what's their H2H record? Whoever leads is better. :)

Duncan would have stomped Kobe if Kobe hadn't ducked the playoffs repeatedly. :lmao Kobe can't even get to the post-season, and no one wants to play with his cancerous ass.

Cry Havoc
12-20-2014, 06:04 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2014/06/17/tim-duncan-doesnt-need-a-sixth-ring-to-be-considered-better-than-kobe-bryant/

HemisfairArena
12-20-2014, 06:25 PM
Dude would have crushed it in any decade much like Magic would.

lefty
12-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Pippen would have killed him

Heck even a TOSB Bird or Worthy would have killed him tbh

HemisfairArena
12-20-2014, 06:32 PM
Pippen would have killed him

Heck even a TOSB Bird or Worthy would have killed him tbh

Who is the best player Pippen had to guard on an opposing team and lets see if that guy is better than LeBron,,,,I'll wait,,,,

lefty
12-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Who is the best player Pippen had to guard on an opposing team and lets see if that guy is better than LeBron,,,,I'll wait,,,,
Never said he guarded a Lebron in the 90s

just saying, Pippen was a badass defender and with the rules and officiating back then, Lebron would have :cry

HemisfairArena
12-20-2014, 06:35 PM
Never said he guarded a Lebron in the 90s

just saying, Pippen was a badass defender and with the rules and officiating back then, Lebron would have :cry

Wrong,,,LeBron would have shit all over Pippen,,,Pippen never encountered a guy like LeBron,,,

lefty
12-20-2014, 06:35 PM
Wrong,,,LeBron would have shit all over Pippen,,,Pippen never encountered a guy like LeBron,,,
I see

By the way you have some HGH on your lips

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 06:38 PM

Did you watch the vid I posted? Magic, Ewing, Mailman - to name a few HOF players.

HemisFAG Arena. GTF:lol with your shitty posting. SMH

HemisfairArena
12-20-2014, 06:38 PM
I see

Which lips?,,,thats the important question?

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 06:39 PM
I see

:lmao - lefty going IN on HemisFAG! :lol

HemisfairArena
12-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Did you watch the vid I posted? Magic, Ewing, Mailman - to name a few HOF players.

HemisFAG Arena. GTF:lol with your shitty posting. SMH

Ewing and Mailman are better than LeBron?,,,,,,LMAO.

HemisfairArena
12-20-2014, 06:41 PM
:lmao - lefty going IN on HemisFAG! :lol

He better goes ball deep or don't even waste my time,,,,

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Ewing and Mailman are better than LeBron?,,,,,,LMAO.

In the '80s - yes, for reasons I stated a few posts ago. He SOFT which is weak for someone 6'8" and 250. S-O-F-T :lmao

LkrFan
12-20-2014, 06:44 PM
He better goes ball deep or don't even waste my time,,,,

Damn, you really are a fag! Shit! :lmao

HemisfairArena
12-20-2014, 06:46 PM
In the '80s - yes, for reasons I stated a few posts ago. He SOFT which is weak for someone 6'8" and 250. S-O-F-T :lmao

If anyone knows about soft,,,it would be Laker fan,,,so how can I argue? You have this generations biggest softie making 48.5 on your team,,,

HemisfairArena
12-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Damn, you really are a fag! Shit! :lmao

Most cant be manly and use emoticons but you pull it off,,,,

TDMVPDPOY
12-20-2014, 07:05 PM
That's Remy LaCroix in your sig right?

yeh mofo :D

Buddy Mignon
12-20-2014, 07:13 PM

Magic and Bird were better than Lebron.

HemisfairArena
12-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Magic and Bird were better than Lebron.

Bird?,,,,very,very debatable and LeBrons not done yet but no argument regarding Magic.

TDMVPDPOY
12-20-2014, 07:32 PM
the only thing against lebron is his jumper, its gone down the shits

lol i dont think lebron will have a problem with handcheck...a bunch of no names inferior to todays defenders

Raven
12-21-2014, 05:35 AM
he'd be better than he is most likely, less 3pointers, more mid jumpers... sounds like something lebron is good at.

davethedope
12-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Watched plenty of ball in 80's-90's and I can say without hesitation Lebron would be an all-star but he would not dominate.

I also agree he's not even dominating his own era.

He's good but the league is teeming with unqualified players, (in the east especially, on the Knicks in particular)

But anyway there's really no debating this, because that there is even a debate means he's not dominating.

Domination is obvious.

Clipper Nation
12-21-2014, 04:59 PM
There is no debate, outside of butthurt LeBron haters.

davethedope
12-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Im no lebron hater just not overwhelmed by his accomplishments.

There's still time of course but he hasn't even had a career comparable to Kobe.

Leetonidas
12-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Not a fan of Lebron at all tbh but it's fairly obvious that he would dominate any era he played in.

:cry he doesn't have the mental toughness to withstand the tough defenses :cry

It's not like Lebron wouldn't be able to do the same and if he grew up in that era he would probably be used to it anyway. :lol thinking that fouling the shit out of people is good defense

ambchang
12-21-2014, 05:39 PM

Nash > Kobe

davethedope
12-21-2014, 07:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a57OYN-gTVo

And at the time I really had no love for Jordan.

hitmanyr2k
12-21-2014, 07:39 PM

Aside from his passing I think Lebron's offensive game is tailor-made for Pippen to slow down. The quicker players with explosive first steps and creativity with the dribble like Grant Hill and Penny used to give Pippen trouble. Lebron has an average first step at best which is why he usually needs a screen and a head of steam to beat most of his defenders off the dribble. There are times where Lebron can't even beat PFs off the dribble never mind elite defenders. And when he doesn't get a screen he simply tries to stiff arm his defender out of the way which the refs ignore constantly. Lebron's best bet is to get in the open floor and get cheap buckets on the break. In the half court with Pippen's length, lateral movement and ball denial skill Bron is going to have trouble.

Alex's foreskin
06-05-2015, 03:59 PM
If he played in the 90s, his career would have been cut short IMO, since he probably would have killed himself after the first film session of that disgusting basketball:lol..

But he plays ISOball :lmao

:lmao

Malik Hairston
06-05-2015, 04:02 PM
But he plays ISOball :lmao

:lmao

He's having his worst playoff run in 8 years now that he's playing ISO-ball, moron:lol..

After leaving the Heat's system, where he was historically efficient and dominant, he's having a poor playoff run by his standards in the Cavs' 90s system..

DMC
06-05-2015, 04:04 PM
He's having his worst playoff run in 8 years now that he's playing ISO-ball, moron:lol..

After leaving the Heat's system, where he was historically efficient and dominant, he's having a poor playoff run by his standards in the Cavs' 90s system..

The raw stats vs advanced metrics crowd values box score numbers over efficiency stats. That much we know.

Malik Hairston
06-05-2015, 04:06 PM
The raw stats vs advanced metrics crowd values box score numbers over efficiency stats. That much we know.

Well, it's funny that Lebron has received more credit this year than he has probably ever received, despite this being one of his worst playoff runs:lol..people are just in love with raw number of points scored and killer instinct..

DMC
06-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Well, it's funny that Lebron has received more credit this year than he has probably ever received, despite this being one of his worst playoff runs:lol..people are just in love with raw number of points scored and killer instinct..
He's never had to carry what he's had to carry this post season, even if most of it is self appointed Christ syndrome. He was able to rely on Wade and Bosh to do some of the work, most of the time. Now he really only has a couple chuckers who rely on streaking shooting to score (Smith/Shumpert) and a PG who takes as many shots as he does, even if he's got some of the sickest hesitation, direction change, short burst movements I've ever seen in the game and is a knock down shooter from inside 16' AND can finish at the rim with the best of them. To me, the best thing Lebron has going is Thompson and Mozgov. Extra looks mean a lot, and if those two had any perimeter shooters with decent shot selection and IQ, that team would be dangerous as hell.

His role now is about like when he had Jamison and Mo Williams.

Infinite_limit
06-05-2015, 05:02 PM
http://www.wallcoo.net/sport/nba_la_clippers/images/thomas0708.jpg

Caltex2
06-05-2015, 05:21 PM
It's a hard call on the OP because LeBron's game is modeled on some of the players he grew up watching. He would not have dominated anything, there were too many iconic stars at that time.

davethedope
06-05-2015, 05:25 PM
He would have been a less serviceable Dominuque Wilkins...

davethedope
06-05-2015, 05:25 PM
The most he would've won is a dunk contest

AlexJones
06-05-2015, 05:55 PM

James got what he wanted last year by returning to Ohio.. casual fan and national media support. They're not going to make fun of him for losing this year, instead they'll laud him for having a mediocre playoff year (by his standards) because he carried a weak squad deep into the playoffs (something he also did in 2009, 2013, and 2014 but got barely any credit for). The hardcore media guys know this.

Malik Hairston
06-05-2015, 07:56 PM
He would have been a less serviceable Dominuque Wilkins...

Strange, since Dominique Wilkins was inferior to Tracy McGrady, and probably about equal with Vince Carter, tbh:lol..

Malik Hairston
06-05-2015, 07:57 PM
It's a hard call on the OP because LeBron's game is modeled on some of the players he grew up watching. He would not have dominated anything, there were too many iconic stars at that time.

There was only 1 iconic star in the 90s, tbh:lol..nobody gave a fuck about Olajuwon at the time, or anybody else..

The early 90s had plenty of stars, but the mid to late 90s was atrocious..

Caltex2
06-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Nice red herring, Olajuwon was but one iconic star of the 90's and despite his hardware, he was among the least marketable stars of the 90's compared to Barkley, Ewing, Robinson, Shaq, etc... Heck, even Tim "The Landlord" Hardaway was more marketable.

Infinite_limit
06-06-2015, 01:28 PM
There was only 1 iconic star in the 90s, tbh:lol..nobody gave a fuck about Olajuwon at the time, or anybody else..

The early 90s had plenty of stars, but the mid to late 90s was atrocious..
and it's steadily worsened every year since

Current Day: James, Curry & Durant :lol

hitmanyr2k
06-06-2015, 04:33 PM
and it's steadily worsened every year since

Current Day: James, Curry & Durant :lol

I would rather watch Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway all day every day over the current stars in the league parading to the foul line having free throw contests. Their injuries robbed the league of some great talent before they hit their prime.

LkrFan
06-06-2015, 05:47 PM
I would rather watch Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway all day every day over the current stars in the league parading to the foul line having free throw contests. Their injuries robbed the league of some great talent before they hit their prime.

Agreed. Penny was my man.

Thread
06-06-2015, 05:48 PM
Agreed. Penny was my man.

My ass. You don't kn....Oh, it's you, LF.

Sorry.

LkrFan
06-06-2015, 05:53 PM
My ass. You don't kn....Oh, it's you, LF.

Sorry.:lol - no problem Cubby {hand salute}

DMC
01-01-2019, 12:32 PM
:lol Laker fans in this thread

phxspurfan
01-01-2019, 02:47 PM
Let us not forget Bron got owned by almost everybody in this all star game in his career...

6_sM6gZgV6Y

He needed all these mofos to retire to then proclaim himself the GOAT

LkrFan
01-01-2019, 03:48 PM

Ben Harden just had 43 points on only 10 FGAs!! :rollin :lmao :rollin

DMC
01-01-2019, 03:52 PM
Let us not forget Bron got owned by almost everybody in this all star game in his career...

6_sM6gZgV6Y

TD setting picks, boxing out, playing defense while Kobe is going full on chucker hero mode lol

LkrFan
01-01-2019, 03:55 PM

6_sM6gZgV6Y

Jim clunking game winners. SMH :lol

phxspurfan
01-01-2019, 04:01 PM
Ben Harden just had 43 points on only 10 FGAs!! :rollin :lmao :rollin

Holy shit he shot 27 freethrows...

http://www.nba.com/games/20181231/MEMHOU#/boxscore

ambchang
01-01-2019, 10:52 PM
Jim clunking game winners. SMH :lol

Kobe passing with no time left because he knew he’d choke.

TDMVPDPOY
01-02-2019, 10:50 PM
90s too many iso
lol defenders who cant defend for shit.....arm check dont do shit to lebron
physical play wont do shit to lebron if they do call them fouls....
he will play out of position and watch them midgets trying to defend him or bigs trying to defend on the perimeter