PDA

View Full Version : You happy boutons? Two NYPD cops killed in the name of Mike Brown and Eric Garner

TheSanityAnnex
12-20-2014, 07:09 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/cops-shot-brooklyn-sources-article-1.2051941

Two NYPD cops were executed Saturday after a gang member from Baltimore drove to the city to kill police officers after wounding his girlfriend, sources told the Daily News.
The shooter, identified as Ismaaiyl Brinsley, 28, boasted about wanting to kill cops in the hours before he ambushed the officers outside the Tompkins Houses in Bedford-Stuyvesant about 3 p.m. Saturday.
“I’m Putting Wings On Pigs Today. They Take 1 Of Ours...Let’s Take 2 of Theirs,” Brinsley wrote on Instagram alongside a photo of a silver handgun and a series of hashtags referencing the deaths of Eric Garner and Michael Brown.
Brinsley made good on his promise, firing several rounds into the patrol car parked near Myrtle and Tompkins Aves., witnesses said.

Brinsley is believed to be a member of a Baltimore gang, Black Gorilla Family, sources said. The gang has vowed retribution for the deaths of Garner and Brown. Garner died after being put in a chokehold by NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo on July 17 on Staten Island. Brown, who was unnarmed, was shot dead by Ferguson, Mo. cop Darren Wilson on Aug. 9th. Neither cop was indicted by grand juries, sparking national protests.

http://i.imgur.com/MQDEtwh.png

http://i.imgur.com/MaLpnh1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Mn5EkUJ.png

baseline bum
12-20-2014, 07:45 PM
This is not going to be a good night to be black gorilla in Baltimore

ElNono
12-20-2014, 07:52 PM
shouldn't have shot himself, tbh... maybe he wouldn't have gotten indicted...

Dirk Oneanddoneski
12-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Jewtons will only be happy if the dead cops are white heterosexual males tbh

Clipper Nation
12-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Where are all the apologists to spin this shit? Keep in mind that the retarded rioters in Ferguson were chanting for "dead cops." Well, they got what they wanted. Disgusting.

SupremeGuy
12-20-2014, 08:20 PM
boutons is probably swelling with pride as he reads this sick story...

SupremeGuy
12-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Will obama send holder to Baltimore to investigate?

ChumpDumper
12-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Will obama send holder to Baltimore to investigate?What needs to be investigated?

SupremeGuy
12-20-2014, 08:34 PM
What needs to be investigated?Two cops are dead, and you don't think anything should be investigated?

What. The. Fuck.

ChumpDumper
12-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Two cops are dead, and you don't think anything should be investigated?

What. The. Fuck.I'm asking you what needs to be investigated?

What needs to be investigated?

SupremeGuy
12-20-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm asking you what needs to be investigated?

What needs to be investigated?The entire situation, his gang ties, his recent whereabouts, etc. They don't need to pigeon hole themselves right now and should just investigate everything that led up to two cops being murdered.

ChumpDumper
12-20-2014, 08:42 PM
The entire situation, his gang ties, his recent whereabouts, etc. They don't need to pigeon hole themselves right now and should just investigate everything that led up to two cops being murdered.What do they need Holder for?

SupremeGuy
12-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Because obama loves sending him to investigate when thugs get killed, I'd be nice to see extend the same courtesy when police officers are murdered. How long are you going to continue to ask questions with obvious answers?

ChumpDumper
12-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Because obama loves sending him to investigate when thugs get killed, I'd be nice to see extend the same courtesy when police officers are murdered. How long are you going to continue to ask questions with obvious answers?The Justice Department has been called in historically to investigate possible federal civil rights violations in such cases. I wouldn't doubt the FBI is already involved in this particular case, but since the dude what did it is already ded, I don't quote know what you want Holder to investigate here.

SupremeGuy
12-20-2014, 08:55 PM
No, screw that. Obama loves to use the media to bring attention to thugs getting killed, loves to rile up minorities, loves to send the message that something fishy has happened just because a thug assaulting an officer got shot, loves to basically make shit worse. I want to see that kind of conviction when police officers are murdered. The fact that you don't is fucking disgusting, tbh.

TheSanityAnnex
12-20-2014, 08:58 PM
Where are all the apologists to spin this shit? Keep in mind that the retarded rioters in Ferguson were chanting for "dead cops." Well, they got what they wanted. Disgusting.
They'll be no where to be seen.

I'm curious to see how the media will react, these murders fall squarely on them for pushing the false narrative of hands up don't shoot.

ChumpDumper
12-20-2014, 09:42 PM
No, screw that. Obama loves to use the media to bring attention to thugs getting killed, loves to rile up minorities, loves to send the message that something fishy has happened just because a thug assaulting an officer got shot, loves to basically make shit worse. I want to see that kind of conviction when police officers are murdered. The fact that you don't is fucking disgusting, tbh.So what do you want Holder to investigate here?

SupremeGuy
12-20-2014, 09:44 PM
So what do you want Holder to investigate here?

The entire situation, his gang ties, his recent whereabouts, etc. They don't need to pigeon hole themselves right now and should just investigate everything that led up to two cops being murdered.

TheSanityAnnex
12-20-2014, 09:54 PM
NYPD turn backs on Mayor de Blasio

http://pix11.com/2014/12/20/video-nypd-officers-turn-away-from-mayor-de-blasio-as-he-enters-police-presser/

Trill Clinton
12-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Hanes up don't shoot

angrydude
12-20-2014, 10:47 PM
More like is the nypd happy?

This is the regrettable but inevitable consequence of our trigger happy police state.

ChumpDumper
12-20-2014, 11:12 PM
So how would Holder's investigation do more than that of the authorities already involved?

TheSanityAnnex
12-20-2014, 11:12 PM
More like is the nypd happy?

This is the regrettable but inevitable consequence of our trigger happy police state.

Should the grand jury be targeted as well?

TheSanityAnnex
12-20-2014, 11:13 PM
Hanes up don't shoot
You happy about this?

ChumpDumper
12-20-2014, 11:14 PM
NYPD turn backs on Mayor de Blasio

http://pix11.com/2014/12/20/video-nypd-officers-turn-away-from-mayor-de-blasio-as-he-enters-police-presser/Why?

Did he advocate the murder of police?

SupremeGuy
12-20-2014, 11:31 PM
So how would Holder's investigation do more than that of the authorities already involved?The same way his investigation did more than the authorities involved in Ferguson.

DMC
12-21-2014, 12:09 AM
Sucks, but at least the dude had the courage of his convictions, unlike any of the fake n/ggers here.

TheSanityAnnex
12-21-2014, 12:26 AM
Why?

Did he advocate the murder of police?

You'll have to play this game on your own.

Spurminator
12-21-2014, 12:48 AM
This fucker will be tried and convicted and get what he deserves.

You guys seem way too excited about this, tbh.

TheSanityAnnex
12-21-2014, 01:13 AM
This fucker will be tried and convicted and get what he deserves.

You guys seem way too excited about this, tbh.
He's dead.

ChumpDumper
12-21-2014, 03:24 AM
The same way his investigation did more than the authorities involved in Ferguson.And what way was that?

Dirk Oneanddoneski
12-21-2014, 03:37 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/332uv4k.jpg

Happy Kwanzaa Jaden, with love from Barack, Eric, Al and Bill

P.S. sorry your Dad couldn't make it

spurraider21
12-21-2014, 07:16 AM
Racially fueled hate crime, right booboo?

Th'Pusher
12-21-2014, 08:15 AM
Racially fueled hate crime, right booboo?
The shooter's motive appeared to have nothing to do with race.

benefactor
12-21-2014, 08:29 AM
"They take 1 of ours. Let's take 2 of theirs."

Doesn't sound racially motivated at all.

Th'Pusher
12-21-2014, 08:42 AM
"They take 1 of ours. Let's take 2 of theirs."

Doesn't sound racially motivated at all.
Fair point. But what I was getting at was that the crime would not be categorized as a hate crime as the victims were not targeted Because of their race, religion, sexual orientation etc, but because of their occupation.

Wild Cobra
12-21-2014, 09:07 AM
Fair point. But what I was getting at was that the crime would not be categorized as a hate crime as the victims were not targeted Because of their race, religion, sexual orientation etc, but because of their occupation.
Hate is hate. That's the problem with special rights, and defining when hate applies or not.

velik_m
12-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Meh, just two gangs fighting for control of the city...

Wild Cobra
12-21-2014, 09:25 AM
Meh, just two gangs fighting for control of the city...
This is pretty much true as out of control some police are!

Oh, Gee!!
12-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Hate is hate. That's the problem with special rights, and defining when hate applies or not.

Except its not really special rights, bc the classification of "hate crime" serves to punish a criminal, it doesn't benefit the victim - who in some cases is too dead to enjoy any benefits.

boutons_deux
12-21-2014, 09:42 AM
TSA, you sicko gun-fellatin mofo, GFY

I've never advocated killing cops in revenge for cops' horrible brutality and gratuitous killing of people, which are very often obviously "hate crimes" when the people are black.

This was obviously a HATE CRIME because it was directed against a HATED class of people (NYPD cops) for no other gain (eg, financial) by the killer. It wasn't terrorism since it was not for a political objective against non-combattants (the police are definitely UNIFORMED combattants, aka so-called "crime fighters").

Wild Cobra
12-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Except its not really special rights, bc the classification of "hate crime" serves to punish a criminal, it doesn't benefit the victim - who in some cases is too dead to enjoy any benefits.

And the laws don't do that already?

It is a special right. It gives special satisfaction.

Oh, Gee!!
12-21-2014, 09:46 AM

However, the victim's occupation (law enforcement, public official, fire, ems) can increase the severity/punishment of the crime in the same way a hate crime can elevate the severity/punishment.

Oh, Gee!!
12-21-2014, 09:51 AM
It is a special right. It gives special satisfaction.

And it does that too for children, elderly, and police officers on duty. If these groups of people are crime victims, the punishment is usually increased. Should we stop doing that?

Wild Cobra
12-21-2014, 10:04 AM
And it does that too for children, elderly, and police officers on duty. If these groups of people are crime victims, the punishment is usually increased. Should we stop doing that?
Allowing a raised level of penalty if one can find "hate" as a motivator is a fallacy in my opinion. It is often, automatically assumed to be the case when it might not be. It puts wasted effort out to claim or deny hate, from both sides.

I'm sorry, but hate is hate. Why should it be more hateful under one situation over another? To me, such laws only satisfy the ignorant and stupid.

Oh, Gee!!
12-21-2014, 10:06 AM
The entire situation, his gang ties, his recent whereabouts, etc. They don't need to pigeon hole themselves right now and should just investigate everything that led up to two cops being murdered.

I am willing to bet that the FBI is involved bc two officers were murdered and bc homeboy was BGF. Those guys are definitely on the FBI's wanted list.

Malik Hairston
12-21-2014, 10:19 AM
The revolution has begun, tbh..

I don't support these murders, but you have to admire the initiative and responsibility this young brother took with his actions..

Full accountability, didn't blame his actions on others or lie about his ressons for doing it..an eye for an eye, tbh..this is the type of shit you sign up for when you become an officer..

Not much different than an American soldier dying in the Mid-East at the hands of an angry Arab that hates the West, you're aware of the risks when you sign up..

Yonivore
12-21-2014, 11:13 AM
The revolution has begun, tbh..

I don't support these murders, but you have to admire the initiative and responsibility this young brother took with his actions..

Full accountability, didn't blame his actions on others or lie about his ressons for doing it..an eye for an eye, tbh..this is the type of shit you sign up for when you become an officer..

Not much different than an American soldier dying in the Mid-East at the hands of an angry Arab that hates the West, you're aware of the risks when you sign up..
So, law enforcement should just dispense with any pretense and start shooting members of black hate groups?

You're an idiot.

And, so is ElNono for suggesting some equivalent between this act of murder with the deaths of Michael Brown, Eric Garner, or any other African-American that may have suffered a very predictable consequence to their own actions.

Trainwreck2100
12-21-2014, 11:14 AM
I am willing to bet that the FBI is involved bc two officers were murdered and bc homeboy was BGF. Those guys are definitely on the FBI's wanted list.

he also crossed state lines

TheSanityAnnex
12-21-2014, 12:54 PM
TSA, you sicko gun-fellatin mofo, GFY

I've never advocated killing cops in revenge for cops' horrible brutality and gratuitous killing of people, which are very often obviously "hate crimes" when the people are black.

This was obviously a HATE CRIME because it was directed against a HATED class of people (NYPD cops) for no other gain (eg, financial) by the killer. It wasn't terrorism since the was not for political objective against non-combattants (the police are definitely UNIFORMED combattants, aka so-called "crime fighters").

I never said you advocated killing cops, I simply asked if you were happy which you failed to answer. So, are you happy?

boutons_deux
12-21-2014, 12:56 PM
TSA, GFY

boutons_deux
12-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Fox News Plays Video Montage Suggesting Obama Inspired NYC Cop Killer (http://thinkprogress.org/home/2014/12/21/3606074/fox-news-plays-video-montage-suggesting-obama-inspired-nyc-cop-killer/)
http://thinkprogress.org/home/2014/12/21/3606074/fox-news-plays-video-montage-suggesting-obama-inspired-nyc-cop-killer/

boutons_deux
12-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Rudy Giuliani: 2 NYC Cops Were Killed Because Obama Told Everyone To ‘Hate The Police’ (http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/12/21/3606040/rudy-giuliani-2-nyc-cops-were-killed-because-obama-told-everyone-to-hate-the-police/)

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/12/21/3606040/rudy-giuliani-2-nyc-cops-were-killed-because-obama-told-everyone-to-hate-the-police/

boutons_deux
12-21-2014, 01:00 PM
Police Union President Blames Protesters For Murder Of Two New York City Police Officers (http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/12/20/3606034/police-union-president-blames-protesters-mayor-deblasio-for-murder-of-two-new-york-city-police-officers/)

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/12/20/3606034/police-union-president-blames-protesters-mayor-deblasio-for-murder-of-two-new-york-city-police-officers/

angrydude
12-21-2014, 01:12 PM
Should the grand jury be targeted as well?

Nobody should be targeted. Police or citizens alike.

angrydude
12-21-2014, 01:16 PM
If people were really concerned about officer safety they wouldn't justify the death penalty as the appropriate punishment for resisting arrest

ElNono
12-21-2014, 01:19 PM
And, so is ElNono for suggesting some equivalent between this act of murder with the deaths of Michael Brown, Eric Garner, or any other African-American that may have suffered a very predictable consequence to their own actions.

blue font implies sarcasm...

TheSanityAnnex
12-21-2014, 01:21 PM
TSA, GFYStill won't answer. Duly noted you sick fuck.

SupremeGuy
12-21-2014, 01:24 PM
And what way was that?

Because obama loves sending him to investigate when thugs get killed, I'd be nice to see extend the same courtesy when police officers are murdered. How long are you going to continue to ask questions with obvious answers?

SupremeGuy
12-21-2014, 01:26 PM
I am willing to bet that the FBI is involved bc two officers were murdered and bc homeboy was BGF. Those guys are definitely on the FBI's wanted list.N doubt, but obama needs to have a press conference and say that he's sending holder to investigate, just like he did when thugs got shot for attacking people in neighborhoods or cops.

boutons_deux
12-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Still won't answer. Duly noted you sick fuck.

go suck a big, black hard one

TheSanityAnnex
12-21-2014, 02:13 PM
go suck a big, black hard one

You sicken me.

SupremeGuy
12-21-2014, 02:37 PM
You sicken me.Not just you, he sickens anyone with a brain. Too bad there's a bunch of far leftists on here that think this is good news.

boutons_deux
12-21-2014, 02:44 PM
Not just you, he sickens anyone with a brain. Too bad there's a bunch of far leftists on here that think this is good news.

you right-wingers, Repugs, Repugs voters, tea baggers, libertarians, gun fellators, bubbas, rednecks, racists, xenophobes, nativists, theocratic Bible humping Taliban, AGW deniers are already fatally toxic. And all of y'all Can'T Handle The Great Boutons Truths. :lol

Trill Clinton
12-21-2014, 02:48 PM
whats being lost in all this from the race baiting cop sympathizers, is this guy killed his girlfriend prior to shooting the cops. dude had mental health issues.

Yonivore
12-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Scarborough On Giffords Shooting: ‘Is This Not A Time For People, Like Sarah Palin…To Apologize?’ (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/01/10/138084/scarborough-palin-apologize/)

My problem with jumping straight to the "rhetoric causes violence" canard is that it's usually a place inhabited by the Left. God knows, the last thing I want to be accused of is adopting liberal practices. Further, the ignorant finger-pointing by the Left always seems to turn out to be wrong, on closer inspection. Much of the high-profile violence, blamed on conservatives, actually comes from people in (at least) one of the following categories; mentally ill, left-wing ideologue, or militant Islamists. Cases in point?

September 2009, Census-taker Bill Sparkman was found hanged in rural Kentucky. Media speculated it was the Tea Party. As was later determined, he committed suicide. Turns out, he was just trying to make his suicide look like murder for one of the age-old reasons -- insurance.

February 2010, Joe Stack flew a small private plane into an IRS building in Austin, Texas. The media was quick to focus on anti-tax Tea Party rhetoric as being a possible cause. In fact, Joe Stack's own written diatribe drew from the Communist Manifesto. Several media outlets, in order to keep the narrative alive, simply scrubbed his references to the manifesto from their reporting.

February 2010, Amy Bishop shoots colleagues at a University of Alabama faculty meeting. Gun-loving Tea Party influence is immediately suspected. Turns out, she was an Obama voter -- not exactly a Tea Party characteristic. In fact, it is now suspected the registered Democrat killed her brother a decade earlier and was suffering from depression and suicidal thoughts, over her failure to obtain tenure.

March 2010, John Patrick Bedell shot two Pentagon security officers. "Right-wing extremist?," the media asked. Nope, a registered Democrat and 9/11 Truther. Go ahead, go type "John Patrick Bedell" into Google. The first suggested and, in my case, the only suggested search term is "john patrick bedell tea party." That's not deliberate malice by Google (regardless of my beliefs about their ideological bent) that the predictive algorithm based on how often his name has been associated with the Tea Party in searches. So desperate were searchers to associate the two, they taught Google to watch for it over all other search strings associated with Bedell.

May 2010, a massive car bomb is discovered in Times Square. Mayor Bloomberg suggests it is the work of someone upset over the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Wrong; it was just a plain Jane (and thankfully incompetent) jihadist trying to earn his virgins. Mayor Bloombert, without any information about the bomber, at all, decides it's probably about Obamacare and no one in the media is curious enough about why to ask him.

August 2010, during the controversy over the Ground Zero Mosque, a Muslim cab driver was stabbed in New York City. The media speculated over whether it could be a Right Wing nut job. Again, turns out to be a Left Wing nut job off his meds. And, as if it couldn't get any more ironic, the attacker turned out to be an art student working for the PR firm hired to promote the Ground Zero Mosque.

September 2010, James Lee takes hostages at the headquarters of broadcast network Discovery Channel. Media jumps out in front to suggest he's some climate change denier. Turns out he was quite the opposite; a hard core environmentalist who hates humans and thinks they should be exterminated from the planet. This guy was a particularly virulent example of lefty insanity. Once convicted for smuggling illegal aliens into the United States, his manifesto suggested saving the planet by stopping humans from breeding any more disgusting human babies.

January 2011, Jared Lee Loughner shoots Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, and several others, killing six and injuring over a dozen at a Giffords political event in Tucson, Arizona. As in my example above, the Tea Party and, in particular, Sarah Palin are blamed because of "Right Wing rhetoric."

July 2012, James Holmes shoots up a theater in Aurora, Colorado. Brian Ross suggests he's a Tea Party member, on Live TV, based solely on the fact he was able to find a James Holmes associated with the Tea Party using a Google search where, it is speculated, he used a search term much like what Google suggests for Mr. Bedell (described above).

Then there are those that commit violence specifically in the name of Left Wing nutbaggery and the media remains silent...

August 2012, Floyd Lee Corkins shoots up the Freedom Research Center, plucking them off the Southern Poverty Law Center's "target list." Media? ::crickets:: They begrudgingly covered the shooting itself but, were curiously quiet about Corkins' motive in targeting the FRC -- which explicitly said was based on the SPLC's target list.

April 2013, The Tsarnaev brothers detonate two bombs at and near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Media suggests it could be a Right Wing nut job celebrating "Patriot's Day." Again, just more jihad perpetrated by Obama-voting jihadis. The Tsarnaev's had the whole ideological inventory of modern mass killers; Jihadists, leftists, and nutters.

Finally, the list wouldn't be complete without the revisionist history of the JFK assassination...

October 2013, the Media retroactively blame Right Wingers for the assassination of President John F. Kennedy...never mind the known political association of Lee Harvey Oswald with communism.

The desire of the Media to pin violence on the right is so pervasive and persistent they are actually re-writing history to do it.

Extreme ideological rhetoric may contribute to a nut job, leftist, or jihadi's self-justification for their actions but, it's not usually the cause of premeditated violence. So, I've decided to be cautious about blaming Al Sharpton, et. al., for the murders of the two officers in New York City and the murder of the officer in Florida, less than a day later -- even though protesters around the country are calling for revenge and retribution -- crowds in New York were actually videotaped chanting, "What do we want? Dead Cops!" That's the playbook of the media and I'm going to try and not fall into that trap...because, it often times turns out wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I think Al Sharpton is a reprehensible human being; from Tawana Brawley to the Freddie's Fashion Mart to this sad episode in America's history, Al has been at the center of fomenting hatred and and unrest. He may, indeed, be culpable in the deaths of these two officers but, I'm not yet ready to declare that.

If it is true that Ismaaiyl Brinsley was motivated by rhetoric then that is a really big deal and blood truly is on a bunch of people's hands. But I don't know why he killed those police officers and neither do you, yet. We may never know definitively. Generally, however, rhetoric doesn't just set somebody off. I'm waiting for more facts.

Yonivore
12-21-2014, 03:00 PM
blue font implies sarcasm...
I understand it was sarcasm. That doesn't make the equivalency any less disgusting. You weren't sarcastically comparing the two events you were sarcastically suggesting the police received different treatment for a similar crime when, in fact, that's not the case.

SupremeGuy
12-21-2014, 03:02 PM
whats being lost in all this from the race baiting cop sympathizers, is this guy killed his girlfriend prior to shooting the cops. dude had mental health issues.The only people that keep bringing up race are people like you or far left crazies like boutons, tbh.

SupremeGuy
12-21-2014, 03:03 PM
I understand it was sarcasm. That doesn't make the equivalency any less disgusting. You weren't sarcastically comparing the two events you were sarcastically suggesting the police received different treatment for a similar crime when, in fact, that's not the case.Damn, going for head shots. :lol

:cry please Yoni don't hurt him too much :cry

Trill Clinton
12-21-2014, 03:11 PM
The only people that keep bringing up race are people like you or far left crazies like boutons, tbh.

no, you keep trying to make this a race issue when all it is a sad tragedy started by man with mental health issues. stop trying to pull the race card

SupremeGuy
12-21-2014, 03:15 PM
no, you keep trying to make this a race issue when all it is a sad tragedy started by man with mental health issues. stop trying to pull the race cardNo, I'm not. I just want obama and holder to react to this situation the same way they reacted when some pussy faggot thugs got shot, tbh.

ElNono
12-21-2014, 03:15 PM
I understand it was sarcasm. That doesn't make the equivalency any less disgusting. You weren't sarcastically comparing the two events you were sarcastically suggesting the police received different treatment for a similar crime when, in fact, that's not the case.

Apparently you didn't understand it at all. The sarcasm was in that there would be no doubt about his indictment considering what the OP posted and the execution style murder.

Not surprising it flew way above your head though. :lol

Trill Clinton
12-21-2014, 03:22 PM

sally dropping truth nukes on the race baiters

Trill Clinton
12-21-2014, 03:24 PM
correction on my previous post. his girlfriend is still alive in critical condition, praying that she pulls through.

TheSanityAnnex
12-21-2014, 03:27 PM
And all of y'all Can'T Handle The Great Boutons Truths. :lolSo did the news of these two officers being killed make you happy, yes or no?

TheSanityAnnex
12-21-2014, 03:29 PM
no, you keep trying to make this a race issue when all it is a sad tragedy started by man with mental health issues. stop trying to pull the race card

No one has made it a race issue but you. What was this piece of shit diagnosed with Trill?

Trill Clinton
12-21-2014, 03:36 PM
No one has made it a race issue but you. What was this piece of shit diagnosed with Trill?

again, my prayers go out to the families of these officers

SupremeGuy
12-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Not surprised some dude/chick has such shitty takes, tbh.

If she really believed the nonsense she's trying to sell, then why is the left acting like ALL cops are out there killing black people for fun?

SupremeGuy
12-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Since trill keeps bringing up race, I wonder if the Hispanics and Asians will respond, or just sit back and let the blacks continue to carve them up?

SupremeGuy
12-21-2014, 03:43 PM

sally dropping truth nukes on the race baitersSomeone should drop this lesbo and her girlfriend off in the middle of Compton, tbh.

Trill Clinton
12-21-2014, 03:55 PM
must.not.take.....race.bait ahhhh

hands up don't shoot!

SupremeGuy
12-21-2014, 03:56 PM
So did the news of these two officers being killed make you happy, yes or no?Why does boutons keep dodging this simple question?

SupremeGuy
12-21-2014, 03:58 PM
must.not.take.....race.bait ahhhh

hands up don't shoot!Excellent post, will read again.

Yonivore
12-21-2014, 04:15 PM
Apparently you didn't understand it at all. The sarcasm was in that there would be no doubt about his indictment considering what the OP posted and the execution style murder.

Not surprising it flew way above your head though. :lol

So, let's take another look...

shouldn't have shot himself, tbh... maybe he wouldn't have gotten indicted...

Your sarcasm wasn't directed at the premise that since Officer Darryl Wilson who "murdered" Michael Brown or Officer Daniel Pantaleo who "murdered" Eric Garner were not indicted, if Ismaaiyl Brinsley hadn't killed himself, he might not have been indicted either?

Because, that's how I read it. And, that's why I called your sarcasm idiotic.

If I'm wrong, I apologize.

Yonivore
12-21-2014, 04:25 PM
ElNono, reading it again, along with the OP, I realize I was wrong and I do apologize.

ElNono
12-21-2014, 04:58 PM
ElNono, reading it again, along with the OP, I realize I was wrong and I do apologize.

no problem, tbh... I don't expect everybody to like what I post...

ElNono
12-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Obviously this is a terrible crime, right on my backyard too... and on the political side, De Blasio is going to bear the brunt here, as he should.

I opined a while ago that I really liked Mayor Bloomberg despite some of his controversial stances on a variety of topics, and this is an area where there was a major shift under changing Mayors... Bloomberg always had the NYPD back, tbh

Yonivore
12-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Obviously this is a terrible crime, right on my backyard too... and on the political side, De Blasio is going to bear the brunt here, as he should.

I opined a while ago that I really liked Mayor Bloomberg despite some of his controversial stances on a variety of topics, and this is an area where there was a major shift under changing Mayors... Bloomberg always had the NYPD back, tbh
I'm not sure Bloomberg is any better. There's already an uptick in calls for more gun control, due to this atrocity -- a topic over which I blame Bloomberg for much of the idiocy.

Ismaaiyl Brinsley was a felon. As such, it was already against the law for him to own a gun. He committed this crime in New York City, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in America, thanks to Mayor Bloomberg and, he had a gun anyway. His victims were armed professionals, cops, exactly the people that the gun grabbers tell us are the only thing we need to protect us from criminals. It didn't help them. Far from being an good example in favor of gun control, this is a glaring example of the futility of gun control.

Criminals. Don't. Obey. Laws. Passing more gun-conrol laws wouldn't have done anything to prevent these murder.

On the other hand, imagine this happening in a State with Conceal Carry laws and a CHL carrier in the vicinity, with an opportunity to intervene before both officer had been shot. Maybe it would have been enough to save one of the officers, maybe not. I'm betting those officer's families would have like to have had that chance.

spurraider21
12-21-2014, 05:29 PM
You're so full if shit your eyes are brown

ElNono
12-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Never been a fan of gun control. Same with the soda tax or frisk & stop. But, Bloomberg always had the NYPD's back, and the NYPD was reciprocal. That's been missing in De Blasio's administration, thus the rifts.

Yonivore
12-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Never been a fan of gun control. Same with the soda tax or frisk & stop. But, Bloomberg always had the NYPD's back, and the NYPD was reciprocal. That's been missing in De Blasio's administration, thus the rifts.
Agreed.

baseline bum
12-21-2014, 08:21 PM
Someone should drop this lesbo and her girlfriend off in the middle of Compton, tbh.

Compton actually isn't that bad. Watts is the really nasty part of LA.

boutons_deux
12-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Pro-slavery Ohio officer quits when he’s caught wishing for all blacks to be ‘exterminated’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/pro-slavery-ohio-officer-quits-when-hes-caught-wishing-for-all-blacks-to-be-exterminated/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

spurraider21
12-22-2014, 05:19 AM
Pro-slavery Ohio officer quits when he’s caught wishing for all blacks to be ‘exterminated’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/pro-slavery-ohio-officer-quits-when-hes-caught-wishing-for-all-blacks-to-be-exterminated/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

why is an ohio cop's story relevant to a threat involving New York cops who were shot?

spurraider21
12-22-2014, 05:20 AM

maybe she should add

Police shooter = :cry racist military state :cry

boutons_deux
12-22-2014, 06:04 AM
why is an ohio cop's story relevant to a threat involving New York cops who were shot?

.. just more evidence that the cops are quite polluted with racists, sadists, murderers, nativists, sickos, bullies, and, stats show, WIFE-BEATERS. Policing seems to attract them, they KNOW when they sign up what policing enables, and/or policing culture induces them to those directions.

spurraider21
12-22-2014, 06:45 AM
.. just more evidence that the cops are quite polluted with racists, sadists, murderers, nativists, sickos, bullies, and, stats show, WIFE-BEATERS. Policing seems to attract them, they KNOW when they sign up what policing enables, and/or policing culture induces them to those directions.
what does this have to do with a story involving 2 new york cops who were shot?

boutons_deux
12-22-2014, 07:14 AM
what does this have to do with a story involving 2 new york cops who were shot?

file under: cops (maybe these two were good cops, but they paid for the lives from the actions of bad cops, like Wilson and the choker guy)

spurraider21
12-22-2014, 07:30 AM
file under: cops (maybe these two were good cops, but they paid for the lives from the actions of bad cops, like Wilson and the choker guy)
so you agree that we shouldn't judge all cops based on the actions of specific ones

CosmicCowboy
12-22-2014, 08:24 AM

wow

Boo condoning shooting cops.

boutons_deux
12-22-2014, 09:18 AM
so you agree that we shouldn't judge all cops based on the actions of specific ones

the good police MUST police, rather than protect, the bad police. I'm sure the good police know who the bad police are.

but, as you right wingers love to suggest, believe, all n!gg@s, all Muslims are bad.

innocent blacks, kids, GOOD blacks killed, yawn, they're black, expendable.

(maybe good) cops killed, HUGE OUTRAGE! y'alls racism spills out every time you open your mouth.

boutons_deux
12-22-2014, 09:39 AM
police union president Patrick Lynch further inflamed tensions between the police and the minority community during a shockingly divisive and incendiary speech to the media.

"There's blood on many hands tonight," Lynch said (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uOwjWHjSIE#t=67).

"Those that incited violence on the street under the guise of protests that tried to tear down what New York City police officers did everyday. We tried to warn, 'It must not go on. It cannot be tolerated.'

That blood on the hands starts on the steps of City Hall in the office of the mayor .

When these funerals are over, [B]those responsible will be called on the carpet and held accountable." "

http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/nypd-union-president-evokes-fear-black-new-yorkers-aftermath-police-shootings?akid=12604.187590.o2pEF9&rd=1&src=newsletter1029070&t=2

so the cops are gonna go after the Garner, Brown demonstrators? go after de Blasio for saying the Garner GJ decision wasn't right?

So, probably NATIONWIDE, we can now expect some extra dead n!gg@s, and 100Ks extra harassed, humiliated, "fried" n!gg@s.

btw, read a story about 2 Garner demonstrators, good buddies from Union Theological Seminary, IIRC. Police smashed both to the ground. Police whispered to the white guy "GTFOtta here", but arrested the black guy.

DPG21920
12-22-2014, 11:12 AM
By your logic though, since there are many "bad people", cops are ok to retaliate and the "good ones' are just paying the price for the bad ones.

boutons_deux
12-22-2014, 11:35 AM
By your logic though, since there are many "bad people", cops are ok to retaliate and the "good ones' are just paying the price for the bad ones.

yep, exactly laser-like logic. innocent blacks, peaceful Muslims, good cops pay price for the tiny rotten %age of their groups. the big diff is that innocent blacks, peaceful Muslims don't usually take revenge, while ALL cops know they are nearly 100% immune from prosecution.

Spurminator
12-22-2014, 11:54 AM
yep, exactly laser-like logic. innocent blacks, peaceful Muslims, good cops pay price for the tiny rotten %age of their groups. the big diff is that innocent blacks, peaceful Muslims don't usually take revenge, while ALL cops know they are nearly 100% immune from prosecution.

Just stop.

hitmanyr2k
12-22-2014, 02:28 PM

I liked De Blasio's bluntness when talking about cops instead of the rah rah rah cheerleading bullshit we usually hear from politicians. He shouldn't have to feel any remorse about what he said. The justice system isn't any less corrupt than any other institution in the United States. If cops in NY don't like to hear the truth that's tough shit for them. Let them turn their backs on De Blasio because some mentally unstable dude shot his girlfriend and two cops. I hope he sticks by what he said and doesn't bend over backwards to start kissing NYPD's ass.

ElNono
12-22-2014, 03:06 PM
I liked De Blasio's bluntness when talking about cops instead of the rah rah rah cheerleading bullshit we usually hear from politicians. He shouldn't have to feel any remorse about what he said. The justice system isn't any less corrupt than any other institution in the United States. If cops in NY don't like to hear the truth that's tough shit for them. Let them turn their backs on De Blasio because some mentally unstable dude shot his girlfriend and two cops. I hope he sticks by what he said and doesn't bend over backwards to start kissing NYPD's ass.

I'll check it out. I've been traveling for the holidays, haven't kept up...

boutons_deux
12-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Just stop.

Just GFY

boutons_deux
12-22-2014, 04:26 PM
:lol

MMFA always RAPES Fox

Fox News' Double Standard For Right-Wing Cop Killers

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/uploader/image/2014/12/22/rightwing-cop-killers.jpg

Yet in stark contrast, as Media Matters has documented, Fox News has routinely paid very little attention to breaking news stories that feature right-wing, or anti-government, gunmen who target law enforcement officials as a way to deliver their warped political messages.

And critically, when they have touched on those deadly attacks, Fox talkers have stressed that it's not fair to blame politics. Note that in 2013, after racist skinhead Michael Page started killing worshipers at an Oak Creek, WI., Sikh temple, and then murdered a police officer, Fox's Andrea Tantaros stressed (http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/26/fox-news-ugly-selective-war-on-terror/193789) that the killing spree was an isolated event that didn't have any larger implications. "How do you stop a lunatic?" she asked. "This is not a political issue."

At Fox, that has been the pattern: These kind of deadly right-wing attacks are treated as isolated incidents that are mostly void of politics. Instead, the perpetrators are portrayed as lone gunmen (and women) who do notrepresent any cultural or political movement.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/12/22/fox-news-double-standard-for-right-wing-cop-kil/201978

spurraider21
12-22-2014, 04:33 PM
the good police MUST police, rather than protect, the bad police. I'm sure the good police know who the bad police are.

but, as you right wingers love to suggest, believe, all n!gg@s, all Muslims are bad.

(maybe good) cops killed, HUGE OUTRAGE! y'alls racism spills out every time you open your mouth.
stop putting words in my mouth, and where did i make this a huge outrage? you argue like a child

boutons_deux
12-22-2014, 04:35 PM
stop putting words in my mouth, and where did i make this a huge outrage? you argue like a child

you, egocentric, assume I put those words in your mouth? :lol

spurraider21
12-22-2014, 04:39 PM
you, egocentric, assume I put those words in your mouth? :lol
there's no assumption. it's outright fact

all n!gg@s, all Muslims are bad.

cops killed, HUGE OUTRAGE!

Winehole23
12-22-2014, 04:55 PM
with boutons all conversations are reducible to a small number of stock phrases, repeated endlessly.

boutons_deux
12-22-2014, 05:01 PM
de blasio folds like a typical Dem

Mayor de Blasio Calls for Suspension of Protestshttp://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/23/nyregion/mayor-bill-de-blasio-nypd-officers-shooting.html

boutons_deux
12-22-2014, 05:03 PM
with boutons all conversations are reducible to a small number of stock phrases, repeated endlessly.

life is much simpler than you brain-fogged, sterile debaters

Winehole23
12-22-2014, 05:59 PM
you're too simple-minded for a complex world. we get that.

Winehole23
12-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: The Police Aren’t Under Attack. Institutionalized Racism Is.http://time.com/3643462/kareem-abdul-jabbar-nypd-shootings-police/

Winehole23
12-22-2014, 06:11 PM
At the same time, however, we need to understand that their deaths are in no way related to the massive protests against systemic abuses of the justice system as symbolized by the recent deaths—also national tragedies—of Eric Garner, Akai Gurley, and Michael Brown. Ismaaiyl Brinsley, the suicidal killer, wasn’t an impassioned activist expressing political frustration, he was a troubled man who had shot his girlfriend earlier that same day. He even Instagrammed warnings of his violent intentions. None of this is the behavior of a sane man or rational activist. The protests are no more to blame for his actions than The Catcher in the Rye was for the murder of John Lennon or the movie Taxi Driver for the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan. Crazy has its own twisted logic and it is in no way related to the rational cause-and-effect world the rest of us attempt to create.

Those who are trying to connect the murders of the officers with the thousands of articulate and peaceful protestors across America are being deliberately misleading in a cynical and selfish effort to turn public sentiment against the protestors. This is the same strategy used when trying to lump in the violence and looting with the legitimate protestors, who have disavowed that behavior. They hope to misdirect public attention and emotion in order to stop the protests and the progressive changes that have already resulted. Shaming and blaming is a lot easier than addressing legitimate claims.

same

Winehole23
12-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Some police unions are especially heinous perpetrators. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s previous public support of protestors has created friction with these unions. The Patrolman’s Benevolent Association responded with a petition asking that the mayor not attend the funerals of officers killed in the line of duty. Following the murders of Ramos and Liu, an account appearing to represent the Sergeants Benevolent Association tweeted (https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/546472549589467136): “The blood of 2 executed police officers is on the hands of Mayor de Blasio.” Former New York governor George Pataki tweeted (https://twitter.com/GovernorPataki/status/546489605378551808): “Sickened by these barbaric acts, which sadly are a predictable outcome of divisive anti-cop rhetoric of #ericholder and #mayordeblasio. #NYPD.”

This phony and logically baffling indignation is similar to that expressed by the St. Louis County Police Association when it demanded an apology from the NFL when several Rams players entered the field with their hands held high in the iconic Michael Brown gesture of surrender. Or when LeBron James and W.R. Allen wore his “I Can’t Breathe” shirts echoing Eric Garner’s final plea before dying. Such outrage by police unions and politicians implies that there is no problem, which is the erroneous perception that the protestors are trying to change.

TheSanityAnnex
12-22-2014, 06:46 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1531545_10203469351003025_8376928633193227810_n.jp g?oh=dee97d3019cb1afa69e6b8e6c777f2fb&oe=5542A1E1&__gda__=1430729649_8c190f72d72a83aa57b848f46268df1 b

Trainwreck2100
12-22-2014, 06:57 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1531545_10203469351003025_8376928633193227810_n.jp g?oh=dee97d3019cb1afa69e6b8e6c777f2fb&oe=5542A1E1&__gda__=1430729649_8c190f72d72a83aa57b848f46268df1 b

did he speak on those within 3 days of the incident occurring?

Trill Clinton
12-22-2014, 07:49 PM
obama didn't speak after that couple clapped two cops at cici's pizza nor did he speak when the survivalist guy clapped the cops and went hiding. he doesn't need to say shit.

spurraider21
12-22-2014, 07:53 PM
obama didn't speak after that couple clapped two cops at cici's pizza nor did he speak when the survivalist guy clapped the cops and went hiding. he doesn't need to say shit.
nobody is saying he needs to. the pic is just pointing out when he chooses to

Trill Clinton
12-22-2014, 08:02 PM
nobody is saying he needs to. the pic is just pointing out when he chooses to

uh huh, okay

TheSanityAnnex
12-22-2014, 08:42 PM
Thanks for bringing this up.

Obama sends 3 White House officials to attend a police officer assaulting Mike Brown's funeral
Obama sends 0 White House officials to attend any police officers funerals killed in the line of duty

hitmanyr2k
12-22-2014, 09:08 PM

Dumbasses would put a caption on the photo that clearly says "Obama deeply disturbed by images in Missouri" which means he was most likely speaking on the protests/riots and not Michael brown lol. They should have had a picture of Obama speaking with no quotes at the bottom like the first photo. If someone is going to troll do it right.

spurraider21
12-22-2014, 09:19 PM
Dumbasses would put a caption on the photo that clearly says "Obama deeply disturbed by images in Missouri" which means he was most likely speaking on the protests/riots and not Michael brown lol. They should have had a picture of Obama speaking with no quotes at the bottom like the first photo. If someone is going to troll do it right.
lol "most likely"

did you listen to that speech?

hitmanyr2k
12-22-2014, 09:28 PM
lol "most likely"

did you listen to that speech?

Which speech? :lol The man has spoken on everything from protests to riots to whatever else the media asks him about, which brings up another question. Did he even call a press conference to speak specifically about those people or was he just answering questions that just happened to be brought up by reporters at some random press conference?

cd021
12-22-2014, 11:58 PM
Which speech? :lol The man has spoken on everything from protests to riots to whatever else the media asks him about, which brings up another question. Did he even call a press conference to speak specifically about those people or was he just answering questions that just happened to be brought up by reporters at some random press conference?

Valid point, if he is doing a press conference and the subject comes up its completely different from having a press conference specifically about the issue.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 02:13 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1531545_10203469351003025_8376928633193227810_n.jp g?oh=dee97d3019cb1afa69e6b8e6c777f2fb&oe=5542A1E1&__gda__=1430729649_8c190f72d72a83aa57b848f46268df1 bThis is demonstrably bullshit.

Do you want to take it back?

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 02:46 AM
This is demonstrably bullshit.

Do you want to take it back?
I'll give him 1 week when he gets back from vacation to hold a National presser.

Is this bullshit too?

Obama sends 3 White House officials to attend a police officer assaulting Mike Brown's funeralObama sends 0 White House officials to attend any police officers funerals killed in the line of duty

spurraider21
12-23-2014, 07:29 AM
Which speech?
probably the one you were referencing here... the one with the caption. the one on the night of the grand jury decision. did you listen to that speech?

Th'Pusher
12-23-2014, 08:23 AM
I'll give him 1 week when he gets back from vacation to hold a National presser.

:lol give him 1 week.

He's already condemned the killings.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2014/12/21/obama-new-york-city-police-officers-killings/20723523/

:lol obama ankle biter

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 09:23 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2014/12/21/obama-new-york-city-police-officers-killings/20723523/

Nope. The slain officers need at least the same type of press conference 3 criminals got.

Yonivore
12-23-2014, 09:27 AM

So, when's he going to call for a national dialogue on violent rhetoric? Like, "What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want them? Now."

You know, like he did after the Gabrielle Giffords shooting and Democrats were in "blame Sarah Palin and the Tea Party" mode.

boutons_deux
12-23-2014, 09:39 AM
"when's he going to call for a national dialogue on violent rhetoric"

WE ALL KNOW that if he did that, then Fox, Repugs, right-wing/Christian HATE MEDIA would go nutz, claiming their persecuted, obstructed Free Speech right to spew violent, rabble/sicko-rousing rhetoric, non-stop hate.

Yonivore
12-23-2014, 09:54 AM
"when's he going to call for a national dialogue on violent rhetoric"

WE ALL KNOW that if he did that, then Fox, Repugs, right-wing/Christian HATE MEDIA would go nutz, claiming their persecuted, obstructed Free Speech right to spew violent, rabble/sicko-rousing rhetoric, non-stop hate.

Actually, as opposed to the last time -- when there was absolutely no connection between Sarah Palin, the Tea Party, and the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords -- he might actually be speaking to a real issue. While I don't believe the past few months of anti-police rhetoric caused this nut job, Islamic idiot, to do what he did, it is obvious HE believed the rhetoric was a reason he was doing what he did.

For that, those that have shoe-horned the Brown and Garner deaths into a non-existent narrative about police killing innocent blacks, bear some responsibility, I believe.

boutons_deux
12-23-2014, 10:17 AM
"non-existent narrative about police killing innocent blacks"

the narrative exists, and it's accurate, police kill blacks, mostly innnocent of a crime that justifies being killed (and mental illness isn't even a crime at all).

Fox, Repugs, right-wing/Christian HATE MEDIA keeps spewing their rabble-rousing shit because they know there's Ms of rabble who believe all their shit.

boutons_deux
12-23-2014, 10:22 AM
WATCH: Singer At Ex-Cop Charity Dinner Mocks 'Dead, Dead Michael Brown'

A video obtained by TMZ showed a party last week in Glendale, Calif. reportedly attended by retired police officers watching a singer perform a racist song mocking and celebrating the death of Michael Brown.

The video, published early Tuesday morning (http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/23/michael-brown-song-video-dead-police-parody-leroy-brown/), showed a singer ridiculing Brown, the unarmed black teenager who was killed by white Ferguson, Mo. police officer Darren Wilson in August.

The man sang following lyrics, to the tune of "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown," as a room full of people at a charity dinner, held at an Elks Lodge, looked on:

Michael Brown learned a lesson about a messin'
With a badass policemanAnd he's bad, bad Michael Brown
Baddest thug in the whole damn town
Badder than old King Kong
Meaner than a junkyard dog

Two men took to fightin'
And Michael punched in through the door
And Michael looked like some old Swiss cheese
His brain was splattered on the floor

And he's dead, dead Michael Brown
Deadest man in the whole damn town
His whole life's long gone
Deader than a roadkill dog

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/elks-lodge-retired-cops-michael-brown-song?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Spurminator
12-23-2014, 10:27 AM
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the only video evidence of the "What do we want? Dead cops!" chant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8

Does it seem strange to anyone else that this would be the only video, and it's conveniently many stories up where you can't read lips? Does it seem strange that this chant sounds a lot like the "What do we want? Justice!" chants recorded in other news stories? Does it seem odd how quickly they transition to the very next chant, without the typical overlap of a few rounds of both chants (around 1:12)? How is it that nobody would have filmed this from street level? How is it that no one else filmed it at all? That's a pretty fucking provocative protest... I know I'd have pulled my phone out to capture it.

I guess if it fits the narrative we'll believe anything without question. I'm open to being wrong and if so, fuck these guys. But I've learned to be skeptical of anything that is making the rounds on exclusively dubious sources.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 10:28 AM
I'll give him 1 week when he gets back from vacation to hold a National presser.Goalpost moved.

Yonivore
12-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Five Teens Shot In Englewood Drive-By (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/12/23/five-teens-shot-in-englewood-drive-by/)

Around 9:40 p.m., three girls and two boys – all 16 or 17 years old – were outside in the 5700 block of South Green Street, when a green minivan pulled up, and someone inside opened fire.
I thought for sure the vehicle would be a marked patrol unit. Maybe they were undercover cops.

Trill Clinton
12-23-2014, 11:12 AM
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the only video evidence of the "What do we want? Dead cops!" chant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8

Does it seem strange to anyone else that this would be the only video, and it's conveniently many stories up where you can't read lips? Does it seem strange that this chant sounds a lot like the "What do we want? Justice!" chants recorded in other news stories? Does it seem odd how quickly they transition to the very next chant, without the typical overlap of a few rounds of both chants (around 1:12)? How is it that nobody would have filmed this from street level? How is it that no one else filmed it at all? That's a pretty fucking provocative protest... I know I'd have pulled my phone out to capture it.

I guess if it fits the narrative we'll believe anything without question. I'm open to being wrong and if so, fuck these guys. But I've learned to be skeptical of anything that is making the rounds on exclusively dubious sources.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bal-wbff-apologizes-misleading-edit-videotape-of-protest-chant-20141222-story.html

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 12:13 PM
This is demonstrably bullshit.

Demonstrate please.

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Goalpost moved.

Let Obama know I've moved them, and then ask him why he sent 3 White House officials to a cop assaulting felon's funeral yet none to any of his police officers killed in the line of duty.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Demonstrate please.
Two brave men won't be going home to their loved ones tonight, and for that, there is no justification. The officers who serve and protect our communities risk their own safety for ours every single day - and they deserve our respect and gratitude every single day.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Let Obama know I've moved them, and then ask him why he sent 3 White House officials to a cop assaulting felon's funeral yet none to any of his police officers killed in the line of duty.Goalpost moved a second time.

boutons_deux
12-23-2014, 12:24 PM
hilarious how the racists here, and the nation are so upset by 2 dead cops, but shrug off 100s, 1000s of dead or jailed blacks, 1000s of whom don't deserve death or jailing.

yes, the SCOTUS5 was right to gut the VRA, since America has come so far away from racism and voter suppression since the 1960s.

Winehole23
12-23-2014, 12:28 PM
following the thread title, I can blame the murders of these policemen on the protestors at Cliven Bundy's ranch:

http://www.policemag.com/channel/patrol/news/2014/06/08/2-las-vegas-officers-ambushed-killed-inside-restaurant.aspx

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 12:33 PM
Two brave men won't be going home to their loved ones tonight, and for that, there is no justification. The officers who serve and protect our communities risk their own safety for ours every single day - and they deserve our respect and gratitude every single day.

Link to video?

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 12:35 PM
Goalpost moved a second time.

Question dodged a third time. What type of message is sent when White House officials are sent to a cop assaulting felon's funeral and none are sent to police officers killed in the line of duty?

boutons_deux
12-23-2014, 12:35 PM
following the thread title, I can blame the murders of these policemen on the protestors at Cliven Bundy's ranch:

http://www.policemag.com/channel/patrol/news/2014/06/08/2-las-vegas-officers-ambushed-killed-inside-restaurant.aspx

yep, had white guy(s) with rifles aimed at somebody, my best guess it wasn't Bundy's cows, probably aimed at govt employees. If the rifle-aimers had been black, they would have been shot dead, per usual.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Question dodged a third time. What type of message is sent when White House officials are sent to a cop assaulting felon's funeral and none are sent to police officers killed in the line of duty?I don't know tbh.

What officials were sent?

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 12:45 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bal-wbff-apologizes-misleading-edit-videotape-of-protest-chant-20141222-story.html

Your boy Bassem Masri

http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/21/ferguson-protester-taunts-cops-with-pigs-in-a-blanket-chant-after-nypd-shooting-video/

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 12:58 PM
I don't know tbh.

What officials were sent?
Marlon Marshall, deputy director of the White House Office of Public Engagement

Heather Foster, public engagement adviser for the White House Office of Public Engagement

Broderick Johnson, chairman of the My Brother's Keeper Task Force.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Marlon Marshall, deputy director of the White House Office of Public Engagement

Heather Foster, public engagement adviser for the White House Office of Public Engagement

Broderick Johnson, chairman of the My Brother's Keeper Task Force.So what was the purpose of the presence of three guys none of us ever heard of?

Winehole23
12-23-2014, 01:06 PM
http://gawker.com/slimy-baltimore-fox-affiliate-caught-faking-kill-a-cop-1674040381

CosmicCowboy
12-23-2014, 01:20 PM
So what was the purpose of the presence of three guys none of us ever heard of?

seriously?

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 01:25 PM
seriously?Seriously.

Maybe you can tell us.

Yonivore
12-23-2014, 01:31 PM
So what was the purpose of the presence of three guys none of us ever heard of?
Well, the one they did is represent the Obama administration at the funeral of a man who tried to disarm and kill a Ferguson police officer.

You would have to ask the Obama administration why is was important to be represented at this particular funeral.

CosmicCowboy
12-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Seriously.

Maybe you can tell us.

Yoni actually did a good job of it. And you are smart enough to know that sending White House personnel (it was announced beforehand...it wasn't just an accident) is showing de facto White House support for the criminal as opposed to the officer.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 01:41 PM
So three people no one ever heard from agencies no one ever heard of were at a funeral so they can say Obama de facto supports criminals?

You're both overly sensitive.

Yonivore
12-23-2014, 01:50 PM
So three people no one ever heard from agencies no one ever heard of were at a funeral, because the President of the United States of America directed them to be there, so they can say Obama de facto supports criminals?

Fixed. And, I don't know why they were sent. A curious press might have asked.

CosmicCowboy
12-23-2014, 01:53 PM
So three people no one ever heard from agencies no one ever heard of were at a funeral so they can say Obama de facto supports criminals?

You are being overly Chumpy on this one. They were SENT by the White House. It was not some casual coincidence. They were not relatives. They were REPRESENTING the White House at the funeral.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 01:53 PM
I don't know why they were sent.Fixed. Well there you go.

Yonivore
12-23-2014, 01:54 PM
Fixed. Well there you go.
So, why do you think the President of the United States wanted to be represented at Michael Brown's funeral? He didn't even send anyone to Trayvon Martin's funeral and he could have been his son!

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 01:58 PM
So, why do you think the President of the United States wanted to be represented at Michael Brown's funeral?with people no one heard for from agencies no one has ever heard of?

Not to bring media attention to its presence, for sure.

Yonivore
Epic rant about Al Sharpton.

JDKYUwX7C1o

Give him hell, ma'am.

Yonivore
with people no one heard for from agencies no one has ever heard of?

Not to bring media attention to its presence, for sure.
Okay, so why did he then?

TheSanityAnnex

You're both overly sensitive.The White House sent them there and announced they were doing so, that is what matters. The White House did not send any officials to any police officers killed in the line of duty. Stop pretending you don't see the problem with that.

Yonivore
12-23-2014, 01:59 PM
The White House sent them there and announced they were doing so, that is what matters. The White House did not send any officials to any police officers killed in the line of duty. Stop pretending you don't see the problem with that.

I don't think he's pretending. He's seriously that stupid.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Okay, so why did he then?Mine would only be speculation.

The White House sent them there and announced they were doing so, that is what matters. The White House did not send any officials to any police officers killed in the line of duty. Stop pretending you don't see the problem with that.I don't, really. Your fake outrage doesn't bother me either.

Yonivore
12-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Mine would only be speculation.
So, speculate.

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 02:14 PM
I don't, really.
I don't believe you are stupid and know you do see the problem. You have dug yourself a hole and are lying to defend the position you've taken.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 02:19 PM
So, speculate.Did they do anything besides show up at the funeral? Now had they send anyone from Justice, much more could have been read into that. Do you know what any of these officials actually do?

I don't believe you are stupid and know you do see the problem. You have dug yourself a hole and are lying to defend the position you've taken.I don't, really. It's just a talking point right now based on your interpretation of their presence.

Yonivore
12-23-2014, 02:23 PM
Did they do anything besides show up at the funeral? Now had they send anyone from Justice, much more could have been read into that. Do you know what any of these officials actually do?

I don't, really. It's just a talking point right now based on your interpretation of their presence.
The question is why did the President of the United States of America decide to be represented at the funeral of a thug that tried to disarm and kill a Ferguson police officer.

Their identities and the agencies for which they worked are irrelevant to the question; at the funeral they WERE the President.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 02:24 PM
The question is why did the President of the United States of America decide to be represented at the funeral of a thug that tried to disarm and kill a Ferguson police officer.

Their identities and the agencies for which they worked are irrelevant to the question; at the funeral they WERE the President.So sensitive.

Thanks for admitting your total ignorance of these people and their agencies.

But it's SO IMPORTANT!

FuzzyLumpkins
12-23-2014, 02:28 PM
The dumbfucks cannot articulate the reason for their outrage other than to say Obama was involved. Good minions but stupid fucking people.

The quote in my sig about thinking for yourselves is for you, TSA, CC, and Yoni.

CosmicCowboy
12-23-2014, 02:34 PM
The dumbfucks cannot articulate the reason for their outrage other than to say Obama was involved. Good minions but stupid fucking people.

The quote in my sig about thinking for yourselves is for you, TSA, CC, and Yoni.

Back on the porch ankle biter. The adults are having a conversation.

Yonivore
12-23-2014, 02:34 PM
So sensitive.

Thanks for admitting your total ignorance of these people and their agencies.

But it's SO IMPORTANT!
Apparently, it was important enough for the President to want to be represented.

Spurminator
12-23-2014, 02:38 PM
It wouldn't hurt the President to throw a few PR bones to white America, their media is doing a much better job of igniting racial indignation than he is of quelling it.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-23-2014, 02:47 PM
Back on the porch ankle biter. The adults are having a conversation.

:lol so this inane back and forth is your notion of an 'adult' conversation. You are asking him questions trying to get him to make your argument for you and cannot articulate why Obama reps being involved is bad. That is not adult. That is lazy, stupid thinking.

Apparently the 'adults' have been told something and believe but are not sure why that is. You guys are adorable looking for hypocrisy as if that absolves you for doing the same thing.

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 02:55 PM

It sends a terrible message to the police and the communities they are sworn to protect when there is a White House presence at the funeral of a cop assaulting felon and no White House presence at the funerals of the men and women of the police force that have lost their lives in the line of duty.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 03:13 PM
It sends a terrible message to the police and the communities they are sworn to protect when there is a White House presence at the funeral of a cop assaulting felon and no White House presence at the funerals of the men and women of the police force that have lost their lives in the line of duty.If they are overly sensitive that is.

Have any of the cops' families invited white house officials to their private funerals? Or should they just crash them like a frat party?

Yonivore
12-23-2014, 03:18 PM
If they are overly sensitive that is.
Why does an interest in knowing why the President chose to be represented at the funeral of Michael Brown demonstrate any oversensitivity?

Have any of the cops' families invited white house officials to their private funerals? Or should they just crash them like a frat party?
Did Michael Brown's family invite the President?

boutons_deux
12-23-2014, 03:21 PM
The blacks have already, over a long time, heard the indisputable msg that for the cops, BLACK LIVES DON'T MATTER

The heavily militarized, escalate-instantly-to-shoot-to-kill, taser-anybody-gratuitously cops are vastly more interested in saving their own lives, and serving as rent-a-cop to the wealthy and BigCorp, than in SERVING AND PROTECTING the lives of citizens.

CosmicCowboy
12-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Chump, I know you love to argue but you really picked a bad one this time. I know you are more intelligent than that. pretending to be Fuzzy Lumpkin dumb is not becoming on you.

CosmicCowboy
12-23-2014, 03:23 PM
The blacks have already, over a long time, heard the indisputable msg that for the cops, BLACK LIVES DON'T MATTER

The heavily militarized, escalate-instantly-to-shoot-to-kill, taser-anybody-gratuitously cops are vastly more interested in saving their own lives, and serving as rent-a-cop to the wealthy and BigCorp, than in SERVING AND PROTECTING the lives of citizens.

Cops are human. They carry guns to protect themselves, not us. Anybody with half a brain know that. Don't fuck with them they won't fuck with you no matter what color you are.

Come off like a loud mouthed asshole no matter what color you are and you can expect to be treated like one.

boutons_deux
12-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Black Cops Fear Other Cops

Two dozen black NYPD cops tell Reuters that they've been treated similarly to Eric Garner.

http://www.alternet.org/black-nypd-cops-say-theyre-profiled-and-threatened-white-cops?akid=12608.187590.8bAOmB&rd=1&src=newsletter1029174&t=2

Trill Clinton
12-23-2014, 03:43 PM
WATCH: Singer At Ex-Cop Charity Dinner Mocks 'Dead, Dead Michael Brown'

A video obtained by TMZ showed a party last week in Glendale, Calif. reportedly attended by retired police officers watching a singer perform a racist song mocking and celebrating the death of Michael Brown.

The video, published early Tuesday morning (http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/23/michael-brown-song-video-dead-police-parody-leroy-brown/), showed a singer ridiculing Brown, the unarmed black teenager who was killed by white Ferguson, Mo. police officer Darren Wilson in August.

The man sang following lyrics, to the tune of "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown," as a room full of people at a charity dinner, held at an Elks Lodge, looked on:

Michael Brown learned a lesson about a messin'
With a badass policemanAnd he's bad, bad Michael Brown
Baddest thug in the whole damn town
Badder than old King Kong
Meaner than a junkyard dog

Two men took to fightin'
And Michael punched in through the door
And Michael looked like some old Swiss cheese
His brain was splattered on the floor

And he's dead, dead Michael Brown
Deadest man in the whole damn town
His whole life's long gone
Deader than a roadkill dog

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/elks-lodge-retired-cops-michael-brown-song?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

disgusting

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 03:52 PM

Remove all police presence from Chicago for a week and then you can claim police don't think black lives matter.

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 03:57 PM
Black Cops Fear Other Cops

Two dozen black NYPD cops tell Reuters that they've been treated similarly to Eric Garner.

http://www.alternet.org/black-nypd-cops-say-theyre-profiled-and-threatened-white-cops?akid=12608.187590.8bAOmB&rd=1&src=newsletter1029174&t=2

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/23/us-usa-police-nypd-race-insight-idUSKBN0K11EV20141223
"It makes good headlines to say this is occurring, but I don’t think you can validate it until you look into the circumstances they were stopped in," said Bernard Parks, the former chief of the Los Angeles Police Department, who is African American.

"Now if you want to get into the essence of why certain groups are stopped more than others, then you only need to go to the crime reports and see which ethnic groups are listed more as suspects. That’s the crime data the officers are living with."

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Chump, I know you love to argue but you really picked a bad one this time. I know you are more intelligent than that. pretending to be Fuzzy Lumpkin dumb is not becoming on you.Considering the positions these no name officials have, it actually makes sense. Wouldn't really make sense for the same officials to go to a police funeral. I personally believe it was more for the community in toto rather than Brown himself.

boutons_deux
12-23-2014, 04:36 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/23/us-usa-police-nypd-race-insight-idUSKBN0K11EV20141223
"It makes good headlines to say this is occurring, but I don’t think you can validate it until you look into the circumstances they were stopped in," said Bernard Parks, the former chief of the Los Angeles Police Department, who is African American.

"Now if you want to get into the essence of why certain groups are stopped more than others, then you only need to go to the crime reports and see which ethnic groups are listed more as suspects. That’s the crime data the officers are living with."

stop-and-frisk profiling in pretty clearly abused, over-used. any proof that it reduces black crime?

I've read stories where NYPD will see a black and his girl on a sidewalk. frisk him, including their hands on his genitals and anus, in front of his girlfriend. emty his pockets, exposing a joint (legal if concealed) and arrest him for drugs. just builiding respect for NYPD.

just too many stories about too many cops in too many cities to give them the benefit of the doubt

boutons_deux
12-23-2014, 04:41 PM
A scary culture change: What new law enforcement rhetoric reveals about America

http://media.salon.com/2014/12/follmer_ferguson.jpg

But if you listen to some of the rhetoric that’s recently come from police unions and their most loyal politicians, you’ll realize that the problem currently engulfing de Blasio doesn’t end at the Hudson. It extends all across the country, influencing communities large and small, black and (less often) white. The problem isn’t the unions themselves or “bad apples” among the rank and file.

The problem is that the culture of law enforcement in America has gone badly off-course; too many officers — and, for that matter, too many citizens (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/12/blue-lives-matter-nypd-shooting/383977/) — forget that law enforcement’s mandate is to preserve justice as well as maintaining the peace.

You’d think it would be impossible to offer a better illustration of the mentality than Rudy Giuliani’s remarkable 1994 speech on why freedom is about obeying authority (http://www.nytimes.com/1994/03/20/nyregion/freedom-is-about-authority-excerpts-from-giuliani-speech-on-crime.html).

Unfortunately, recent public statements from representatives of powerful police unions in two major American cities indicate that many officers’ privileging of order over justice has only gotten worse. The day after news of Liu and Romas’ murder first broke, the Fraternal Order of Police in Baltimore (where the killer shot an ex-girlfriend (http://thegrio.com/2014/12/22/shaneka-thompson-girlfriend/) before heading to New York) released a statement (http://www.wbaltv.com/news/baltimore-police-union-releases-statement-on-nypd-shootings/30341292) that made Giuliani’s rhetoric from two decades ago sound positively libertarian.

“Once again, we need to be reminded that the men and women of law enforcement are absolutely the only entity standing between a civilized society and one of anarchy and chaos,” the statement said before laying blame for the shooting at the feet of President Obama, Attorney General Holder, Mayor de Blasio and Rev. Al Sharpton (all of whom are either black or have black people in their immediate family). “Sadly,” the union continued, “the bloodshed will most likely continue until those in positions of power realize that the unequivocal support of law enforcement is required to preserve our nation.”

At no point in the press release did the union acknowledge its members’ duty to protect Americans’ rights as well as their persons. There wasn’t even a perfunctory gesture to that effect. Instead, the union statement spoke of “the dangerous political climate in which all members of law enforcement, nationwide, now find themselves” (the rate of officers being killed is at a 50-year low (http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-americas-police/2014/12/05/35b1af44-7bcd-11e4-9a27-6fdbc612bff8_story.html)) and how being a member of American law enforcement hadn’t been so bad since the civil rights movement (or, as the union puts it, “the political unrest of the 1960’s”).

At the end of the statement, the union reiterated why it believed support for cops must be “unequivocal,” saying that Baltimore citizens must help “to restore the order necessary for their own safety and for ours.”

In sum, the union was arguing that American citizens — including politicians — must do what they’re told, lest we fail to “preserve our nation.” The enemies of civilization, apparently, had already broken through the gates.

While the Baltimore union’s statement could hardly be described as subtle, it still paled in comparison to the comments of Jeffrey Follmer, the president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen’s Association, whose unvarnished authoritarianism made headlines just last week.

Appearing on MSNBC (http://www.salon.com/2014/12/16/clueless_cop_gets_schooled_watch_this_horrific_def ense_of_police_killing/) in order to defend his claim that Cleveland Browns wide receiver Andrew Hawkins should be forced to apologize for political speech, Follmer told host Ari Melber that the shooting of 12-year-old Tamir Rice was “justified” because the child refused to “listen to police officers’ commands.” Never mind the fact that Rice was shot almost immediately (http://www.vox.com/2014/11/24/7275297/tamir-rice-police-shooting), and that the cop who shot him had a history of rank incompetence (http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_police_officer_who_s.html); according to Follmer, if “the nation” would simply obey when officers “tell you to do something,” everything would be all right. And if the officers commands are unconstitutional or in any way objectionable? Be quiet and let “the courts … figure it out.”

Not content to simply issue commands to those engaged with officers on-duty, Follmer also ordered Hawkins and other athletes like him to “stick to what they know best on the field” because their voicing opinions on police behavior was “pathetic.”

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/23/a_scary_culture_change_what_new_law_enforcement_rh etoric_reveals_about_america/

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 04:50 PM
stop-and-frisk profiling in pretty clearly abused, over-used. any proof that it reduces black crime?

I've read stories where NYPD will see a black and his girl on a sidewalk. frisk him, including their hands on his genitals and anus, in front of his girlfriend. emty his pockets, exposing a joint (legal if concealed) and arrest him for drugs. just builiding respect for NYPD.

just too many stories about too many cops in too many cities to give them the benefit of the doubt

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/hood_zps6c738957.gif

Yonivore
12-23-2014, 04:52 PM
I've read stories...

Just too many stories...

SupremeGuy
12-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Chump, I know you love to argue but you really picked a bad one this time. I know you are more intelligent than that. pretending to be Fuzzy Lumpkin dumb is not becoming on you.From what I've seen lately, he literally doesn't contribute anything to the conversation. Just randomly chimes with some short comment to derail whatever conversation was happening.

edit-

Just did a quick glance through a random page and found an example of what I'm talking about lol

Goalpost moved.

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 06:09 PM

Except you'd be completely wrong, they were kicked out of the Bundy protests.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/bundy-blm/rejected-revolution-jerad-and-amanda-miller-decided-start-their-own

They were also OWS protestors

http://www.dcclothesline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Jerad-Miller-Amanda-Miller-occupy-protesters.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins
12-23-2014, 06:10 PM
It sends a terrible message to the police and the communities they are sworn to protect when there is a White House presence at the funeral of a cop assaulting felon and no White House presence at the funerals of the men and women of the police force that have lost their lives in the line of duty.

So the POTUS needs to go to all police funerals or it gives a terrible message. Gotcha. Now what is that message?

I already know that NYC, NYPD, and POTUS are involved. I said articulate reasoning as to the outrage not the subjects of the issue. You cannot do it. This is a common trend. It just seems like idiotic Obama fixation. #THANKSOBAMA

I would add that the non-violent protesters that have been blamed by cops are the community involved you speak of. The POTUS stepping into that fray just seems like he is picking sides. You can handwave at Obama all you like but prosecutorial conflicts of interest in LEO criminal litigation and extra rights for LEO is an issue worthy of protest.

Merry Xmas!

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 06:22 PM
So the POTUS needs to go to all police funerals or it gives a terrible message. Gotcha. Now what is that message?

I already know that NYC, NYPD, and POTUS are involved. I said articulate reasoning as to the outrage not the subjects of the issue. You cannot do it. This is a common trend. It just seems like idiotic Obama fixation. #THANKSOBAMA

I would add that the non-violent protesters that have been blamed by cops are the community involved you speak of. The POTUS stepping into that fray just seems like he is picking sides. You can handwave at Obama all you like but prosecutorial conflicts of interest in LEO criminal litigation and extra rights for LEO is an issue worthy of protest.

Merry Xmas!

Never said the POTUS needs to go to all funerals of slain officers did I? I am not outraged in the least bit, I am disappointed that the President felt it necessary to send officials from his White House to the Brown funeral as a show of support for a cop assaulting felon. And LOL at you thinking the majority of protesters have a clue about conflict of interest in LEO criminal litigation, the constant chants of hands up don't shoot clearly show otherwise.

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 06:23 PM
And merry xmas to you as well, I hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with smiles. Maybe you will come back in the new year with a sense of humor.

ChumpDumper
12-23-2014, 06:26 PM
From what I've seen lately, he literally doesn't contribute anything to the conversation. Just randomly chimes with some short comment to derail whatever conversation was happening.lJust like you did right there?

SupremeGuy
12-23-2014, 06:43 PM
Just like you did right there?So you admit that you don't add anything? Great. At least we can agree on that. :toast

Th'Pusher
12-23-2014, 06:43 PM
From what I've seen lately, he literally doesn't contribute anything to the conversation. Just randomly chimes with some short comment to derail whatever conversation was happening.

edit-

Just did a quick glance through a random page and found an example of what I'm talking about lol

You're not following the conversation :lol

SupremeGuy
12-23-2014, 06:52 PM
You're not following the conversation :lol:lol Look cd, someone is sticking up for you. Good for you guys. :toast

Th'Pusher
12-23-2014, 07:04 PM
:lol Look cd, someone is sticking up for you. Good for you guys. :toast

Not really. Just pointing out your inability to follow a conversation.

Th'Pusher
12-23-2014, 07:06 PM
And :lol; just saw VP will attend the funerals of the slain police officers.

Th'Pusher
12-23-2014, 07:08 PM
Does that anger you TSA?

SupremeGuy
12-23-2014, 07:29 PM
Does that anger you TSA?Apparently it angers you, tbh. :lol

Th'Pusher
12-23-2014, 07:36 PM
^ can't follow a conversation and doesn't know what :lol represents.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-23-2014, 08:02 PM
And merry xmas to you as well, I hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with smiles. Maybe you will come back in the new year with a sense of humor.

Disappointed, outraged, whatever. Biden is going so your previous take on this issue looks like a foolish rush to judgment.

Because I don't find your base stupidity funny in the way you want doesn't mean I lack a sense of humor. I laugh at you not with you.

Th'Pusher
12-23-2014, 08:12 PM
Biden, unleash those chains and go troll my ankle biters.

- BO

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Does that anger you TSA?
:lol yes it actually does anger me, Biden is a fucking idiot. What a slap in the face to the NYPD :lol

TheSanityAnnex
12-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Disappointed, outraged, whatever. Biden is going so your previous take on this issue looks like a foolish rush to judgment.There was no rush I gave Obama a week since I knew he was on vacation. At least Obama will get his FIRST White House representative at a slain officer's funeral before 2015 hits.

Because I don't find your base stupidity funny in the way you want doesn't mean I lack a sense of humor. I laugh at you not with you.Nah you are just a grumpy antisocial fucker with no sense of humor. I truly hope you come back a changed man next year! Merry Xmas!

FuzzyLumpkins
12-23-2014, 09:09 PM
There was no rush I gave Obama a week since I knew he was on vacation. At least Obama will get his FIRST White House representative at a slain officer's funeral before 2015 hits.

Nah you are just a grumpy antisocial fucker with no sense of humor. I truly hope you come back a changed man next year! Merry Xmas!

An expectation for the federal executive to attend all 'important' funerals is dumb. Biden is an excellent ambassador. Police still need to lose their local hegemony and extra rights.

You lack empathy if you think I have no sense of humor, simpleton. you are keen to recognize I am anti-social in our encounters. good job in coming right back in a tear filled rage. I said Merry Xmas. :lol

hitmanyr2k
12-23-2014, 09:30 PM
In the end another fail thread. It's like you people are addicted to being wrong :lol

TheSanityAnnex
12-24-2014, 12:08 AM
An expectation for the federal executive to attend all 'important' funerals is dumb. Biden is an excellent ambassador. Police still need to lose their local hegemony and extra rights.

You lack empathy if you think I have no sense of humor, simpleton. you are keen to recognize I am anti-social in our encounters. good job in coming right back in a tear filled rage. I said Merry Xmas. :lol
So salty. I'm looking forward to a new you come 2015

TheSanityAnnex
12-24-2014, 12:09 AM
In the end another fail thread. It's like you people are addicted to being wrong :lol
Have you even read the title of the thread you've been posting in? Botouns confirmed he's happy two police were killed for Brown/Garner. Thread was a success.

ChumpDumper
12-24-2014, 01:11 AM
lol

Clipper Nation
12-24-2014, 01:23 AM
Not just you, he sickens anyone with a brain. Too bad there's a bunch of far leftists on here that think this is good news.

Unfortunately, it's not just here - plenty of libtards on Reddit were celebrating about this as well.

Winehole23
12-24-2014, 01:26 AM
Reuters interviewed 25 African American male officers on the NYPD, 15 of whom are retired and 10 of whom are still serving. All but one said that, when off duty and out of uniform, they had been victims of racial profiling, which refers to using race or ethnicity as grounds for suspecting someone of having committed a crime.

The officers said this included being pulled over for no reason, having their heads slammed against their cars, getting guns brandished in their faces, being thrown into prison vans and experiencing stop and frisks while shopping. The majority of the officers said they had been pulled over multiple times while driving. Five had had guns pulled on them.

Desmond Blaize, who retired two years ago as a sergeant in the 41st Precinct in the Bronx, said he once got stopped while taking a jog through Brooklyn’s upmarket Prospect Park. “I had my ID on me so it didn’t escalate,” said Blaize, who has sued the department alleging he was racially harassed on the job. “But what’s suspicious about a jogger? In jogging clothes?”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/off-duty-black-cops-in-new-york-feel-threatened-by-fellow-police-officers/

Winehole23
12-24-2014, 01:39 AM
According to FBI statistics, 27 police officers were feloniously killed in 2013, the lowest raw number in more than 50 years. (The previous low was 41 in 2008.) If we go by officer homicides as a percentage of active-duty police, it was probably the safest year in a century. The number of cops killed on duty has been falling since the mid-1990s, consistent with the overall drop in violent crime in America. Assaults against police officers have been in decline as well.http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-americas-police/2014/12/05/35b1af44-7bcd-11e4-9a27-6fdbc612bff8_story.html

Winehole23
12-24-2014, 01:42 AM
The good news is that in places where it’s been tried, “community policing” — which stresses de-escalation; community involvement; and solutions that don’t always involve more arrests, more raids and more street sweeps — has succeeded.

It happened in the early 1970s in Washington, where crime fell under the leadership of Police Chief Jerry Wilson, a community-policing advocate, while it increased just about everywhere else. In California, by the time Police Chief Joseph McNamara (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/09/22/joseph-mcnamara-an-appreciation/) retired in 1991, he had used community policing to make San Jose the safest big city in America — with a police force that per capita was one of the smallest in the country. More recently, as my Washington Post colleague Philip Bump pointed out (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/12/03/new-york-has-essentially-eliminated-stop-and-frisk-and-crime-is-still-down/) this past week, the number of stop-and-frisks in New York City has dropped by an incredible 94 percent since 2011 — with no noticeable effect on the crime rate.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-americas-police/2014/12/05/35b1af44-7bcd-11e4-9a27-6fdbc612bff8_story.html

spurraider21
12-24-2014, 05:37 AM

:lol you would think this guy was white based on that tweet

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/17/doctors-man-in-train-stabbing-suffered-delusions/

boutons_deux
12-24-2014, 09:16 AM
This is what activism can accomplish: Look at the drop in NYC stop-and-frisks (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/09/20/1331129/-This-is-what-activism-can-accomplish-Look-at-the-drop-in-NYC-stop-and-frisks)

http://images.dailykos.com/images/106863/large/O7vGs_mIG8FDaWlJAc-szK_cZpETXSJyA0DKLT9_g8g.png?1411216647

Stop-and-frisk numbers are down (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/09/19/nyregion/stop-and-frisk-is-all-but-gone-from-new-york.html) 90 percent in New York City from the peak in early 2012. Ninety percent. In Harlem, they are down 96 percent in the same period.

Misdemeanor arrests for drugs shot up when stop-and-frisk numbers jumped during the 2000s, but are now lower than they've been since before 2003.

What about violent crime in the city? It's been going down drastically for over twenty years (in New York and nationally, even if people don't (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/17/upshot/perceptions-havent-caught-up-to-decline-in-crime.html?abt=0002&abg=0) necessarily know it), and has continued (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/09/19/nyregion/stop-and-frisk-is-all-but-gone-from-new-york.html) to drop since 2013—both overall and in the neighborhoods with the most stop-and-frisk encounters.

Lest anyone forget, stop-and-frisk was a terrible scourge on the lives of poor, young black men in particular, many of whom were stopped over and over again, despite having done nothing wrong. Since 2002, almost 90 percent of all stops resulted (http://www.nyclu.org/content/stop-and-frisk-data) neither in an arrest or even a fine. And things are by no means perfect now. People in many neighborhoods remain scarred by the old stop-and-frisk policy.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/09/20/1331129/-This-is-what-activism-can-accomplish-Look-at-the-drop-in-NYC-stop-and-frisks?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos %29#

Pure, RACIST harassment, intimidation by the out-of-control, insubordinate militarized police state.

Winehole23
12-28-2014, 03:35 PM
blast from the past:

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/17/nyregion/officers-rally-and-dinkins-is-their-target.html

boutons_deux
12-28-2014, 06:06 PM
NYPD Chief Defends Mayor de Blasio and Criticizes Police Funeral Protest
http://www.alternet.org/nypd-chief-defends-mayor-de-blasio-and-criticizes-police-funeral-protest

SupremeGuy
12-28-2014, 11:25 PM
He also said De Blasio needs to man up and apologize for making it seem like he was siding with the protesters. If he doesn't have the balls to do that, then he shouldn't expect respect from the NYPD, tbh.

boutons_deux
12-29-2014, 05:02 AM
He also said De Blasio needs to man up and apologize for making it seem like he was siding with the protesters. If he doesn't have the balls to do that, then he shouldn't expect respect from the NYPD, tbh.

de Blasio had the balls to show that Garner was choked illegally, then left to die while cops and EMS stood around.

Much better than de Blasio supporting the murderous cops with statements showing "black lives don't matter. I support the cops, right or wrong (which is what the cops want to hear)", as surely Julie Annie would have done.

Winehole23
12-29-2014, 12:31 PM
https://www.nashville.gov/News-Media/News-Article/ID/3605/A-Christmas-Message-for-the-MNPD-from-Chief-Steve-Anderson.aspx

Winehole23
01-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Right now in New York City, guys selling black market cigarettes are much, much less likely to be harassed and arrested (or worse) by the New York Police Department. Apparently, or at least in the eyes of the New York Post, we’re supposed to see this as a bad thing (http://nypost.com/2014/12/29/arrests-plummet-following-execution-of-two-cops/) (people not getting arrested is certainly a bad thing for the New York Post's reporting, anyway):

It’s not a slowdown — it’s a virtual work stoppage.

NYPD traffic tickets and summonses for minor offenses have dropped off by a staggering 94 percent following the execution of two cops — as officers feel betrayed by the mayor and fear for their safety, The Post has learned.
The dramatic drop comes as Police Commissioner Bill Bratton and Mayor Bill de Blasio plan to hold an emergency summit on Tuesday with the heads of the five police unions to try to close the widening rift between cops and the administration.

They provide an info box showing, in addition to the huge drop in minor offense summonses, a 94 percent drop in citations for traffic violations, a 92 percent drop in parking violation citations, and a 66 percent drop in overall arrests.
And there’s this paragraph:

The Post obtained the numbers hours after revealing that cops were turning a blind eye to some minor crimes and making arrests only "when they have to" since the execution-style shootings of Officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu.

Well, we can only hope the NYPD unions and de Blasio settle their differences soon so that the police can go back to arresting people for reasons other than "when they have to."http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/30/nypd-punishes-city-by-not-citing-arresti (http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/30/nypd-punishes-city-by-not-citing-arresti?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reason%2FHitandRun+%28Reason+ Online+-+Hit+%26+Run+Blog%29)

boutons_deux
01-01-2015, 05:15 PM
http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/30/nypd-punishes-city-by-not-citing-arresti (http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/30/nypd-punishes-city-by-not-citing-arresti?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reason%2FHitandRun+%28Reason+ Online+-+Hit+%26+Run+Blog%29)

if NYPD doesn't meet their quotas, aren't REALLY NEEDED, LIFE GOES w/o their harassments, then fire their sorry asses.

Th'Pusher
01-01-2015, 06:34 PM
http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/30/nypd-punishes-city-by-not-citing-arresti (http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/30/nypd-punishes-city-by-not-citing-arresti?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reason%2FHitandRun+%28Reason+ Online+-+Hit+%26+Run+Blog%29)

Taibbi with a similar take...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-nypds-work-stoppage-is-surreal-20141231

Brace yourselves for a weird night. There might be a little extra drama when the ball drops in Times Square, thanks to one of the more confusing political protests in recent memory.

On a night when more than a million (http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/1-million-plus-pack-times-square-new-year-eve-article-1.2061438) potentially lawbreaking, probably tipsy revelers will be crowding the most densely-populated city blocks in America, all eyes will be on the city cops stuck with holiday duty.

Why? Because the New York City Police are in the middle of a slowdown. The New York Post is going so far as to call it a "virtual work stoppage (http://nypost.com/2014/12/29/arrests-plummet-following-execution-of-two-cops/)."

Furious at embattled mayor Bill de Blasio, and at what Police Benevolent Association chief Patrick Lynch calls a "hostile anti-police environment in the city," the local officers are simply refusing to arrest or ticket people for minor offenses – such arrests have dropped off a staggering 94 percent (http://reason.com/blog/2014/12/30/nypd-punishes-city-by-not-citing-arresti), with overall arrests plunging 66 percent.

If you're wondering exactly what that means, the Post is reporting that the protesting police have decided to make arrests "only when they have to (http://nypost.com/2014/12/29/arrests-plummet-following-execution-of-two-cops/)." (Let that sink in for a moment. Seriously, take 10 or 15 seconds).

Substantively that mostly means a steep drop-off in parking tickets, but also a major drop in tickets for quality-of-life offenses like carrying open containers of alcohol or public urination.

My first response to this news was confusion. I get why the police are protesting – they're pissed at Mayor de Blasio, and more on that in a minute – but this sort of "protest" pulls this story out of the standard left-right culture war script it had been following and into surreal territory.

I don't know any police officer anywhere who would refuse to arrest a truly dangerous criminal as part of a PBA-led political gambit. So the essence of this protest seems now to be about trying to hit de Blasio where it hurts, i.e. in the budget, without actually endangering the public.

So this police protest, unwittingly, is leading to the exposure of the very policies that anger so many different constituencies about modern law-enforcement tactics.
First, it shines a light on the use of police officers to make up for tax shortfalls using ticket and citation revenue. Then there's the related (and significantly more important) issue of forcing police to make thousands of arrests and issue hundreds of thousands of summonses when they don't "have to."

It's incredibly ironic that the police have chosen to abandon quality-of-life actions like public urination tickets and open-container violations, because it's precisely these types of interactions that are at the heart of the Broken Windows polices that so infuriate residents of so-called "hot spot" neighborhoods.

In an alternate universe where this pseudo-strike wasn't the latest sortie in a standard-issue right-versus left political showdown, one could imagine this protest as a progressive or even a libertarian strike, in which police refused to work as backdoor tax-collectors and/or implement Minority Report-style pre-emptive policing policies, which is what a lot of these Broken Windows-type arrests amount to.

But that's not what's going on here. As far as I can tell, there's nothing enlightened about this slowdown, although I'm sure there are thousands of cops who are more than happy to get a break from Broken Windows policing.

I've met more than a few police in the last few years who've complained vigorously about things like the "empty the pad" policies in some precincts, where officers were/are told by superiors to fill predetermined summons quotas (http://gothamist.com/2010/03/03/cop_claims_nypd_quota_is_20_summons.php) every month.

It would be amazing if this NYPD protest somehow brought parties on all sides to a place where we could all agree that policing should just go back to a policy of officers arresting people "when they have to."

Because it's wrong to put law enforcement in the position of having to make up for budget shortfalls with parking tickets, and it's even more wrong to ask its officers to soak already cash-strapped residents of hot spot neighborhoods with mountains of summonses as part of a some stats-based crime-reduction strategy.

Both policies make people pissed off at police for the most basic and understandable of reasons: if you're running into one, there's a pretty good chance you're going to end up opening your wallet.

Your average summons for a QOL offense costs more than an ordinary working person makes in a day driving a bus, waiting tables, or sweeping floors. So every time you nail somebody, you're literally ruining their whole day.

If I were a police officer, I'd hate to be taking money from people all day long, too. Christ, that's worse than being a dentist. So under normal circumstances, this slowdown wouldn't just make sense, it would be heroic.

Unfortunately, this protest is not about police refusing to shake people down for money on principle.

For one thing, it's simply another public union using its essential services leverage to hold the executive (and by extension, the taxpayer) hostage in a negotiation. In this case the public union doesn't want higher pay or better benefits (in which case it wouldn't have the support from the political right it has now – just the opposite), it merely wants "support" from the Mayor.

On another level, however, this is just the latest salvo in an ongoing and increasingly vicious culture-war mess that is showing no signs of abating.
Most everyone across the country knows the background by now. The police in New York are justifiably furious about the Saturday, December 20th ambush murder/assassination of two of their officers, Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu, at the hands of a rampage-killer from Baltimore named Ismaaiyl Brinsley (http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/articles/2014/12/22/ismaaiyl-brinsley-arrested-19-times-before-shooting-pair-of-nypd-officers-in-brooklyn).

Brinsley, who shot his girlfriend and promised on Instagram to put "wings on pigs" before coming to New York and doing the evil deed, had cited the killing of Eric Garner in his rants, saying among other things, "They took 1 of ours…let's take 2 of theirs."

According to the transitive theory of culpability so popular in our left-right media echo chamber, Brinsley's monstrous act put de Blasio in the political jackpot, since both had expressed dismay about the death of Garner, an African-American man from Staten Island who died this past summer in a struggle with police over a 75-cent cigarette.

De Blasio of course never urged anyone to put "wings on pigs." And his comment about the actual grand jury decision – that it was something "many in our city did not want" – was really just a simple statement of fact.

But de Blasio also clumsily personalized the incident, talking about his own half-black son Dante, saying that he and his wife Chirlane had had to "talk to Dante. . .about the dangers that he may face." Then he added, "It should be self-evident, but our history requires us to say that black lives matter."

As maximally uncontroversial as that sounds, the local tabloids went nuts over de Blasio's remarks, bashing the boss of the nation's biggest police force for quoting a globally-surging protest hashtag and talking about how he has to teach his own son to be wary of police.

And then Ramos and Liu were murdered in a horrible tragedy that will have lasting implications for people on all sides of the political spectrum.

The thing is, there are really two things going on here. One is an ongoing bitter argument about race and blame that won't be resolved in this country anytime soon, if ever. Dig a millimeter under the surface of the Garner case, Ferguson, the Liu-Ramos murders, and you'll find vicious race-soaked debates about who's to blame for urban poverty, black crime, police violence, immigration, overloaded prisons and a dozen other nightmare issues.

But the other thing is a highly specific debate over a very resolvable controversy not about police as people, but about how police are deployed. Most people, and police most of all, agree that the best use of police officers is police work. They shouldn't be collecting backdoor taxes because politicians are too cowardly to raise them, and they shouldn't be pre-emptively busting people in poor neighborhoods because voters don't have the patience to figure out some other way to deal with our dying cities.

This police protest, ironically, could have shined a light on all of that. Instead, it's just more fodder for our ongoing hate-a-thon. Happy New Year, America.

boutons_deux
01-01-2015, 06:48 PM
did the Repugs, Fox, and right-wing hate media got nuts and condemn the entire right-wing extremist militia wingnuts when a WHITE right-winger, try to foment REVOLUTION against guvmint, murdered 2 white cops in Nevada?

hell no.

Winehole23
01-05-2015, 03:02 AM
For many New Yorkers, this was a grotesque overreaction to the horrifying act of a single mentally ill gunman, an exploitation of a double murder to make a political point in a feud with the mayor. But it did not come as a shock to anyone familiar with the P.B.A.’s long history of bullying any critic of the police. Whether the issue is the department’s relationship with minorities, its endless fight against internal corruption, or its excessive demands in contract negotiations, the police unions have attacked and often slandered every recent mayor, even those who prided themselves on being crime fighters.

In June of 1966, when complaints of increasing police brutality against minorities prompted Mayor John Lindsay to propose a civilian review board, an unauthorized voice came over the police radio: “Everybody to City Hall!” (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9D02E0DE1430E43BBC4E52DFB667838D 679EDE) More than 5,000 off-duty cops mustered outside the building, the largest police gathering up to that time, to protest the possibility of outside scrutiny into the way officers conducted business.

“I am sick and tired of giving in to minority groups, with their whims and their gripes and shouting,” said John Cassese, then president of the P.B.A. “Any review board with civilians on it is detrimental to the operations of the police department.”

The police unions conducted a huge public relations campaign that defeated the review board in a referendum that year. As always they resorted to their most effective cudgel, public fear of crime, and the explicit suggestion that urban violence could increase if police officers were not given their way. In advertisements, the unions told voters that killing the review board was so important that “your life may depend on it.”

The board was revived 20 years later by Mayor Ed Koch, who generally had a friendly relationship with the police unions. But that warmth didn’t stop the unions from staging a work slowdown in 1985 (http://www.nytimes.com/1985/02/06/opinion/when-the-police-threaten-disorder.html) after a white officer, Stephen Sullivan, was indicted for manslaughter after shooting to death Eleanor Bumpurs, an elderly and mentally ill black woman. The unions pressured the Koch administration into restoring Sullivan to the force even while he was under indictment. (He was later acquitted.)

The lowest moment for the police unions occurred in 1992, when the P.B.A. organized another City Hall rally to protest the strengthening of the review board by Mayor David Dinkins. This time the crowd surged to 10,000 officers (http://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/17/nyregion/officers-rally-and-dinkins-is-their-target.html), with union members hurtling barricades, jumping on cars, blocking the Brooklyn Bridge, and kicking reporters. Some members carried signs showing Dinkins with a bushy Afro haircut and swollen lips, with slogans that ridiculed him as a “washroom attendant.” (http://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/27/nyregion/rally-puts-police-under-new-scrutiny.html)

Rudolph Giuliani, who would run for mayor the next year on a crime-fighting platform, was present throughout the rally and led the crowd in denouncing Dinkins. But though he eventually became the mayor most closely identified with a stronger police force, he lost the union’s favor (http://www.nytimes.com/1997/01/23/nyregion/police-giuliani-tie-contract-collapse-a-further-blow.html) within a few years by refusing to agree to demands for a police contract far more generous than the ones reached with other municipal unions. By 1997, union members distributed a flier demanding that Giuliani be excluded from their funerals because his attendance “would only bring disgrace to my memory.” (http://www.nytimes.com/1997/02/17/nyregion/despite-police-union-troubles-officers-save-anger-for-giuliani.html) That’s almost exactly the same language now being used by P.B.A. members against de Blasio, who is also threatened with exclusion from their funerals.

In pursuit of higher raises, the P.B.A. also held noisy protests outside the townhouse of Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and threatened to go on strike (http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/19/nyregion/19labor.html) during the 2004 Republican National Convention at Madison Square Garden.http://qz.com/317338/the-nyc-police-union-has-a-long-history-of-bullying-city-hall/

Winehole23
01-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Damon Linker weighs in on the NYPD's dangerous temper tantrum:

After weeks of loud and angry protests, with large numbers of law-abiding citizens (including some politicians, and (http://theweek.com/article/index/272660/after-ferguson-stop-deferring-to-the-cops) myself (http://theweek.com/article/index/273095/the-lesson-of-eric-garner-no-more-get-out-of-jail-free-cards-for-cops)) raising tough questions about whether cops are shown too much deference in our culture and legal system, tension were running high. Which is why the cold-blooded murder of officers Ramos and Liu was especially shocking. When news of the shooting first broke, it was perfectly understandable for cops to wonder in their grief and fear if it had now become open season on the police.

What is not understandable — or justifiable — is for officers days later to show outright and repeated disrespect (http://nypost.com/2015/01/04/cops-again-turn-their-backs-on-de-blasio-at-nypd-officers-funeral/) to New York Mayor Bill de Blasio by turning their backs on him at public events. Or for them to engage in a dramatic two-weeks-and-running work slowdown (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/06/nyregion/decrease-in-new-york-police-arrests-continues-for-a-second-week.html?ref=nyregion) that has led to a 50 percent drop in arrests, and a 90 percent decline in parking and traffic tickets, from the same period a year ago.

Such actions are unjustifiable for several reasons.

First, because Ismaaiyl Brinsley, who gunned down Ramos and Liu after shooting his girlfriend and before killing himself, was a lunatic. His crime was not an act of politics; it was an act of madness, however he may have rationalized it to himself in the midst of his homicidal-suicidal rage. In case there is any doubt of this, we have the additional fact that no one in the protest movement views Brinsley as a hero advancing its aims. Far from it. The expressions of anguish, outrage, and disgust at the shooting have been nearly universal and entirely sincere.

That much is obvious to anyone who’s paying attention.

Which means that the cops who are acting out in counter-protest are either behaving like children throwing an irrational temper tantrum or cynically using a tragedy to forestall public criticism and browbeat protesters into silence.

Either way, their actions are disgraceful.

They’re also dangerous.

Liberal democratic government depends on several norms and institutions, including rights to free speech, worship, and assembly, free and fair elections, private property rights, an independent judiciary — and civilian control of the military. Make no mistake about it: the NYPD — with roughly 35,000 uniformed officers, as well as a well-funded and well-armed counterterrorism bureau — is a modestly sized military force deployed on the streets of the city.

It is absolutely essential, in New York City but also in communities around the country, that citizens and public officials make it at all times unambiguously clear that the police work for us. In repeatedly turning their backs on the man elected mayor by the citizens of New York, in refusing to abide by the police commissioner’s requests to cease their protests, in engaging in a work slowdown that could lead to a breakdown in the public order they are sworn to uphold — with all of these acts, the NYPD has demonstrated that it does not understand that the residents of New York City, and not the members of the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrolmen%27s_Benevolent_Association) or its demagogic leader Patrick Lynch, are the ones in charge.

When police officers engage in acts of insubordination against civilian leadership, they should expect to be punished. Just like insubordinate soldiers.

The principle of civilian control of the military and police depends on it.

http://theweek.com/article/index/274545/the-nypds-dangerous-disgraceful-game

boutons_deux
01-09-2015, 11:52 AM
"When police officers engage in acts of insubordination against civilian leadership, they should expect to be punished. Just like insubordinate soldiers."

... and just like flight attendants

United Airlines attendants fired for refusing to fly in plane with 'BYE BYE' scrawled on tail

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2015/0108/United-Airlines-attendants-fired-for-refusing-to-fly-in-plane-with-BYE-BYE-scrawled-on-tail

and just like air traffic controllers

Winehole23
01-09-2015, 11:54 AM

boutons_deux
04-09-2015, 11:43 AM
As Video Exposes Walter Scott Police Killing, Why Is the Man Who Filmed Eric Garner's Death in Jail?

While no police officers were indicted for Garner's death, the man who filmed the attack, Ramsey Orta, is now locked up in jail after facing what he described as harassment by local police. Orta was first arrested on an unrelated gun charge the day after the Staten Island coroner declared Garner's death to be a homicide.

He was later arrested and jailed on a drug charge.

His mother, brother and wife have all been arrested too.

Supporters have accused the New York City Police Department of targeting Orta's family for releasing the Garner video.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/30128-as-video-exposes-walter-scott-police-killing-why-is-the-man-who-filmed-eric-garner-s-death-in-jail#

FuzzyLumpkins
04-09-2015, 04:47 PM
:lol it was like 3 good articles in a row and then boutox chimes in with goofy equivalences. oh well.

boutons_deux
04-15-2015, 10:45 PM
civil rights lawsuit Eric Garner filed against the NYPD in 2007 (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/04/15/1377940/-Copy-of-the-heartbreaking-civil-rights-lawsuit-Eric-Garner-filed-against-the-NYPD-in-2007)

On September 1st, 2007, seven years before NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo would choke Eric Garner to death in a video watched all over the world (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/04/1349181/-When-your-hopes-are-rejected-Life-after-the-public-lynching-of-Eric-Garner), he filed a heartbreaking civil complaint against NYPD Officer William Owens, the City of New York, and the NYPD over an awful incident in which

he was illegally strip searched near his home.

In the complaint, Eric describes how

Officer William Owens, in the middle of the street, inserted his fingers up Eric Garner's rectum and made Eric pull his underwear completely down while he "searched" around Eric's testicles.

In the section where it asks Eric what injuries he sustained, he details what the humiliating encounter did to injure his "manhood". See the entire complaint below.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/04/15/1377940/-Copy-of-the-heartbreaking-civil-rights-lawsuit-Eric-Garner-filed-against-the-NYPD-in-2007?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos %29#