PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to the guys for playing there Hearts out the last 4 games...

apalisoc_9
12-20-2014, 11:10 PM
Honestly, I have never seen the spurs play with so much sense of urgency, energy, and fighting spirit this season.

The fact that they were even in the game against Grizzlies without there best Player kawhi leonard, 2007 Finals MVP tony parker, and an integral part of the bench says a lot about the team's character.

And too do the same against Portland..Props to the team. The Grizzlies lost at Home and they couldn't even compete against the Bulls..They looked gassed.

And now without Kawhi, Tim, Manu, Green, Splitter, Tony...They were in the game till the very last minute.

I'm seeing the 2013-2014 competitive spirit again. Once the team is at least 90% healthy..They are going to win at a rate of 8 out of every 10..

timtonymanu
12-20-2014, 11:12 PM
:cry but the execution down the stretch sucked.
:cry Spurs have no excuse to lose these games even if they are shorthanded.

spurtech09
12-20-2014, 11:13 PM
Honestly, I have never seen the spurs play with so much sense of urgency, energy, and fighting spirit this season.

The fact that they were even in the game against Grizzlies without there best Player kawhi leonard, 2007 Finals MVP tony parker, and an integral part of the benxh says a lot about the team's character.

And too do the same against Portland..Props to the team. The Grizzlies lost at Home and they couldn't even compete against the Bulls..They looked gassed.

And now without Kawhi, Tim, Manu, Green, Splitter, Tony...They were in the game till the very last minute.

I'm seeing the 2013-2014 competitive spirit again. Once the team is at least 90% healthy..They are going to win at a rate of 8 out of every 10..I agree with you 100%.....just imagine if the spurs had all there top guys playing....all blowouts

KaiRMD1
12-20-2014, 11:15 PM
We actually could have won all these games if it wasn't for a couple mistakes

cjw
12-20-2014, 11:18 PM
We actually could have won all these games if it wasn't for a couple mistakes

That's the craziest part. This team rarely gets blown out even when undermanned and needs to put the pedal to the metal when everyone's healthy and rip off a nice double digit win streak.

TampaDude
12-21-2014, 07:06 AM
When we get healthy we're gonna go on a tear. I see a couple of double-digit win streaks coming soon.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

le13
12-21-2014, 07:09 AM

The fact that they were even in the game against Grizzlies without there best Player kawhi leonard, 2007 Finals MVP tony parker, and an integral part of the bench says a lot about the team's character.

I'm seeing the 2013-2014 competitive spirit again. Once the team is at least 90% healthy..They are going to win at a rate of 8 out of every 10..

Congrats! At least sometimes you know how to make a good thread and support your team

So kudos for this first one ;)

Ice009
12-21-2014, 07:10 AM
:cry but the execution down the stretch sucked.
:cry Spurs have no excuse to lose these games even if they are shorthanded.

The execution hasn't been very good all season. Even when the team was almost at full strength, it still wasn't good. If you or anyone else say that the Spurs need to be 100% before they can execute, then that is a flat out cop out. Spurs may not be 100% all season. You can't use that as an excuse for poor late game execution.

That's where I'm coming from. I'm not basing it on these last three games.

EVAY
12-21-2014, 09:21 AM
These guys were playing their fifth game in 7 nights, two of the last five were triple overtimes, our third string was playing against the Mav's first string, so the talent level was heavily in Dallas' favor, and they failed to execute in the last few minutes???? Seriously??? That's what you take from these games?

Anyone who imagined that Dallas wouldn't be able to pull out a win against such a depleted (talent-wise and energy-wise) Spurs team is not very good at evaluating basketball.

By the time it got to about five minutes left in the game, the Spurs team out on the floor last night was a mess. They were all afraid to shoot because they knew they didn't have the legs to put up a shot. Nobody even wanted to handle the ball. They each wanted someone else to take the ball and take the shot. They were worn down, but they played like warriors up to that point, and I for one, am damn proud of the guys last night.

They deserve better fans than this.

50Bestspurever
12-21-2014, 09:28 AM
ITS DECEMBER, LMAO

tlongII
12-21-2014, 11:27 AM
We didn't look too gassed last night. We absolutely crushed the Pelicans. The Spurs are old and broken down. It's over for you guys.

Kermit
12-21-2014, 11:31 AM
We didn't look too gassed last night. We absolutely crushed the Pelicans. The Spurs are old and broken down. It's over for you guys.

I feel like I've heard this before...

dabom
12-21-2014, 11:33 AM

Didn't your faggot ass team get raped last playoffs? Someone call the POPO. :lol

TheGreatYacht
12-21-2014, 11:49 AM
The execution hasn't been very good all season. Even when the team was almost at full strength, it still wasn't good. If you or anyone else say that the Spurs need to be 100% before they can execute, then that is a flat out cop out. Spurs may not be 100% all season. You can't use that as an excuse for poor late game execution.

Agree.

I also think the Spurs should get back to that ball movement from last year's playoffs after the Mavericks series. The team is already digging themselves in a hole that there won't no time for experimenting by Pop. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it." Team basketball is what makes this team great and that's why they compete on a nightly basis no matter who's on the floor.

dabom
12-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Agree.

I also think the Spurs should get back to that ball movement from last year's playoffs after the Mavericks series. The team is already digging themselves in a hole that there won't no time for experimenting by Pop. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it." Team basketball is what makes this team great and that's why they compete on a nightly basis no matter who's on the floor.

Gotcha. Let me just tell the spurs then.

Agloco
12-21-2014, 12:06 PM

Lulz. Pelicans, Mavs. Same difference I suppose.

tlongII
12-21-2014, 12:08 PM
The Mavs suck.

kobexxx
12-21-2014, 12:18 PM
cant ever get a back to back

Mr Bones
12-21-2014, 12:40 PM
It has to be in the heads of opposing teams that they've struggled to beat the second squad of the Spurs. Dallas-- a playoff team at full strength with their starters playing heavy minutes-- barely got by Cory Joseph/Marco Belinelli/Aron Baynes... It says a lot about the system the Spurs run, and you can bet none of the top 4 teams in the West will be hoping to face a healthy Spurs team come playoff time.

Johnny RIngo
12-21-2014, 12:53 PM

This fanbase deserves better players than Belinelli. Low IQ asshole that belongs on a lottery team, not a contender. He's fucking garbage - empty stats with negative impact every night. Played like shit in the playoffs and did nothing to improve his game over the summer and instead came into camp overweight. Fuck him. Everybody else deserves respect but not him. Just a dead weight on this team.

Mr Bones
12-21-2014, 01:08 PM
This fanbase deserves better players than Belinelli. Low IQ asshole that belongs on a lottery team, not a contender. He's fucking garbage - empty stats with negative impact every night. Played like shit in the playoffs and did nothing to improve his game over the summer and instead came into camp overweight. Fuck him. Everybody else deserves respect but not him. Just a dead weight on this team.

God, what a prima donna! The Spurs have 5 championships and the highest winning percentage in all of American sports, but you're infuriated because there's one guy, one bench player, who doesn't meet your approval. I'm sure RC Buford is crying in the shower right now because he let you down!

Mr Bones
12-21-2014, 01:10 PM

Jimmy Carter was president.

That's all you got.

silverblackfan
12-21-2014, 01:12 PM
These guys were playing their fifth game in 7 nights, two of the last five were triple overtimes, our third string was playing against the Mav's first string, so the talent level was heavily in Dallas' favor, and they failed to execute in the last few minutes???? Seriously??? That's what you take from these games?

Anyone who imagined that Dallas wouldn't be able to pull out a win against such a depleted (talent-wise and energy-wise) Spurs team is not very good at evaluating basketball.

By the time it got to about five minutes left in the game, the Spurs team out on the floor last night was a mess. They were all afraid to shoot because they knew they didn't have the legs to put up a shot. Nobody even wanted to handle the ball. They each wanted someone else to take the ball and take the shot. They were worn down, but they played like warriors up to that point, and I for one, am damn proud of the guys last night.

This.
The team was gassed, but still put in a terrific effort against the best Dallas has. (except for a weirdly inefficient Dirk. I can't decide if he was slacking or just bothered by the defense.) Once the team gets the band back together and healthy, the NBA will start to tremble or at least remark about how the Spurs are now climbing out of their hole again.

Proxy
12-21-2014, 01:13 PM

You mean their execution in the november games? Yeah they looked like they had a light training camp. It's not like they forgot to run the offense.

SA not being 100% isn't an excuse. It's a reason. You seriously want to pretend these stretches of games without 3 of the team's starting 5 isn't a big deal? We're leaning on a d-league PG, Marco, and a rugby player. Manu is playing out of position for large stretches, and the team is running plays through TD like this is 03. Diaw has had times where he looks like he needs a month of rest too.

Mr Bones
12-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Somewhere in Houston right now, there's a 55 year old man sitting at his computer in his bedroom while his mother cooks downstairs, and he's still bitter about the fact that the Rockets had those fucking scrubs Pete Chilcutt and Charles Jones on the roster in '95. On the same team with Hakeem! A legend.

Mom: Your grill cheese sandwich is getting cold, honey.

Fan boy: Alright already, jesus! I'll be right down.

Johnny RIngo
12-21-2014, 01:56 PM
God, what a prima donna! The Spurs have 5 championships and the highest winning percentage in all of American sports, but you're infuriated because there's one guy, one bench player, who doesn't meet your approval. I'm sure RC Buford is crying in the shower right now because he let you down!

No one's infuriated. Just don't expect me to cheer on a fatass Italian that has no work ethic. He made no contribution to the Spurs championship last year - pulled a 2004 Hedo yet there are people here that actually want to let him off the hook because he cried after we won the title. I respect the hell out of Tim, Manu, Tony, Danny, Tiago, Kawhi, Patty, etc. Even Bonner had a decent series against the Thunder. Marco's the exception. Dude's just a horrible player. Guys like him have no place on a championship squad. He belongs on a lottery team like the Lakers or a tanking team like the Sixers - places where empty stats are the norm.

taps
12-21-2014, 02:35 PM
Dirk. I can't decide if he was slacking or just bothered by the defense.

Dirk knew he could mail it in & still win.

Mr Bones
12-21-2014, 02:36 PM
No one's infuriated. Just don't expect me to cheer on a fatass Italian that has no work ethic. He made no contribution to the Spurs championship last year - pulled a 2004 Hedo yet there are people here that actually want to let him off the hook because he cried after we won the title. I respect the hell out of Tim, Manu, Tony, Danny, Tiago, Kawhi, Patty, etc. Even Bonner had a decent series against the Thunder. Marco's the exception. Dude's just a horrible player. Guys like him have no place on a championship squad. He belongs on a lottery team like the Lakers or a tanking team like the Sixers - places where empty stats are the norm.

I'm not a fan of Belinelli's game at all, but I guess my issue with you is that you pick one guy from a very deep team that just went to the finals two years in a row and is universally lauded for being one of the best run operations in professional American sports, and you insinuate that they "didn't do anything" in the off season, and that they're somehow not very good at their jobs because now that the team is riddled with injuries, they're playing a limited role player more minutes then they should. Yes, I agree the Spurs would be better off with Wilson Chandler, Kyle Korver, Jimmy Butler, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Aron Afflalo, or few dozen other players, but unfortunately, in the real world, you can't always get a 10th or 11th guy that's a well rounded, starter-type. I thought the FO's attempt to sign Josh McRoberts was actually pretty brilliant because his energy and passing ability would have fit in perfectly, but he chose a different situation where he probably thought he'd get to play more minutes and a chance to pair with LeBron. I think it was a bad decision on his part, but I can't see how RC Buford can get any blame. Resigning Patty Mills was also pretty admirable, especially since some other teams were rumored to be offering him more money than the Spurs. Sometimes you choose the best of what's left in the off season, and that's what you run with. It doesn't mean you're an incompetent front office. It means you can't always get what you want.