PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe Bryant is an embarrassment to the game of basketball.

midnightpulp
12-21-2014, 08:47 PM
I'm being real here and not hyperbolic for the sake of trolling. I'm speaking as a fan of the fine game of basketball and not as a "Kobe hater," which I often play up to a caricature for trolling.

What I witnessed tonight was sickening. Just a complete annihilation of how team basketball is supposed to be played, which was carried out by a stubborn dinosaur who is so selfishly committed to "proving his doubters" wrong, he's making a mockery of the sport and of himself. It's no surprise this disaster came a day after the Haberstroh article was published.

8-30 with 9TOs. But it wasn't only the numbers that were appalling. His selfishness and attitude is literally infectious and derails any kind of momentum the Lakers summon when his carcass is on the bench. His apologists on Lakersground are blaming Byron Scott for "overplaying" Kobe. But we know Kobe wouldn't agree to a minutes limitation because in his sociopathic mind, less minutes=less numbers.

I don't know why I'm so upset about this, but I am. It's like watching a piece of fine art (the game of basketball) shat all over for the sake of smelling your own shit.

djohn2oo8
12-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Yet Culburn defends this.

midnightpulp
12-21-2014, 08:51 PM
Yet Culburn defends this.

Culburn enjoys Pyrrhic displays of self-destruction. He finds it manly and heroic. Only there's no victory here for Kobe.

DMC
12-21-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm being real here and not hyperbolic for the sake of trolling. I'm speaking as a fan of the fine game of basketball and not as a "Kobe hater," which I often play up to a caricature for trolling.

What I witnessed tonight was sickening. Just a complete annihilation of how team basketball is supposed to be played carried out by a stubborn dinosaur who is so selfishly committed to "proving his doubters" wrong, he's making a mockery of the sport and of himself. It's no surprise this disaster came a day after the Haberstroh article was published.

8-30 with 9TOs. But it wasn't only the numbers that were appalling. His selfishness and attitude is literally infectious and derails any kind of momentum the Lakers summon when his carcass is on the bench. His apologists on Lakersground are blaming Byron Scott for "overplaying" Kobe. But we know Kobe wouldn't agree to a minutes limitation because in his sociopathic mind, less minutes=less numbers.

I don't know why I'm so upset about this, but I am. It's like watching a piece of fine art (the game of basketball) shat all over for the sake of smelling your own shit.

Hesh up. It's a great thing that's happening. Top notch entertainment in the doldrums of the regular season. There's no better gift for Christmas than to see Kobe Bryant desperately flailing to keep his fans happy, to prove his manhood despite the obvious truth. It's a great thing to see a false god dethroned by his own hand, before his fans, as a spectacle for the world. All the while Tim Duncan quietly toils along collecting his 30-10 games and being the defending champ that he is, nary a discouraging word from him or about him.. and this:

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=366600181&m=366729966

midnightpulp
12-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Hesh up. It's a great thing that's happening. Top notch entertainment in the doldrums of the regular season. There's no better gift for Christmas than to see Kobe Bryant desperately flailing to keep his fans happy, to prove his manhood despite the obvious truth. It's a great thing to see a false god dethroned by his own hand, before his fans, as a spectacle for the world. All the while Tim Duncan quietly toils along collecting his 30-10 games and being the defending champ that he is, nary a discouraging word from him or about him.. and this:

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=366600181&m=366729966

Oh, it is. I'm addicted to Kobe's failure like Manu is to late game turnovers.

But today's display wound up a part of my psyche and I needed to vent it out.

RD2191
12-21-2014, 08:59 PM
OP did you eat a truth salad for dinner?

Clipper Nation
12-21-2014, 09:04 PM

What I witnessed tonight was sickening. Just a complete annihilation of how team basketball is supposed to be played, which was carried out by a stubborn dinosaur who is so selfishly committed to "proving his doubters" wrong, he's making a mockery of the sport and of himself. It's no surprise this disaster came a day after the Haberstroh article was published.

So many truthbombs, so little time. LkrFan, get in here and :downspin: this shit.

Nathan89
12-21-2014, 09:12 PM
-17. Ten worse than any of his teammates.

baseline bum
12-21-2014, 09:14 PM
I gotta catch this game on bt.davka tbh. Sounds like can't miss shit.

Chris
12-21-2014, 09:15 PM
It's really hard to stay mad at Nash for jumping ship. He saw the script in the preseason, and made his decision wisely.

Mugen
12-21-2014, 09:17 PM
:lol It's been the funniest show on tv, i hope it never ends tbh.

Koolaid_Man
12-21-2014, 09:17 PM

^ you sound mentally unstable...step away from the keybrd for a min...this shit is over taking your life....don't cry over it mid...it's gonna be alright....

PS: Kobe's a mega rich millionaire who bangs hundreds of women for free and owns the city of Angels. ;-)

that's it and that's all....

midnightpulp
12-21-2014, 09:19 PM
^ you sound mentally unstable...step away from the keybrd for a min...this shit is over taking your life....don't cry over it mid...it's gonna be alright....

PS: Kobe's a mega rich millionaire who bangs hundreds of women for free and owns the city of Angels. ;-)

that's it and that's all....

He's an embarrassment.

That's it. And that's all.

Silver&Black
12-21-2014, 09:22 PM
OP did you eat a truth salad for dinner?

:rollin

Clipper Nation
12-21-2014, 09:23 PM

that's it and that's all.... Avante

Koolaid_Man
12-21-2014, 09:23 PM
He's an embarrassment.

That's it. And that's all.

and you should be in the loony bin mid... :lol really though

VUTYHlnQhmc

Medvedenko
12-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Didn't watch the game. There are better things to do.

Silver&Black
12-21-2014, 09:25 PM
Serious question:

Has Kirby shot over 50% one game this year?

Kool Bob Love
12-21-2014, 09:26 PM

Hate to agree with this laker fan but he's right. Spurs weren't playing tonight so no basketball for me.

thanks for the write up tho op. :tu

midnightpulp
12-21-2014, 09:26 PM
and you should be in the loony bin mid... :lol really though

VUTYHlnQhmc

Know what the definition of insanity is?

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Kobe keeps taking those contested jumpers expecting them to go in at a respectable percentage. :lol

midnightpulp
12-21-2014, 09:27 PM

Like going to the salon and getting your hair highlighted?

ElNono
12-21-2014, 09:29 PM
^ :lmao

jeebus
12-21-2014, 09:31 PM
I'm Kirby's biggest supporter and fan on these boards, and even I think he should borrow a gun from Arenas and shoot himself in the head. Make sure it has a full clip cuz he's going to miss the first 6 shots.

midnightpulp
12-21-2014, 09:32 PM
I'm Kirby's biggest supporter and fan on these boards, and even I think he should borrow a gun from Arenas and shoot himself in the head. Make sure it has a full clip cuz he's going to miss the first 6 shots.

:lmao

ElNono
12-21-2014, 09:33 PM

:lol

LkrFan
12-21-2014, 09:34 PM
Backing away slowly...:lol

Mugen
12-21-2014, 09:34 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/14kwrhk.gif

djohn2oo8
12-21-2014, 09:38 PM

Too late, you got dunked on :lol

Brunodf
12-21-2014, 09:41 PM
:cry 8-30 FG, such a warrior

:cry Poor Kobe doesn't have enough help :cry

:lmao So clutch 1-5 FG in the 4th

:cry Still scored 25 points and that's the only thing that matters :cry

LkrFan
12-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Too late, you got dunked on :lol

:lol

jeebus
12-21-2014, 09:42 PM
:lol Kori Ellis, get in here and change his name to Sourfan! update his flair too imo.

baseline bum
12-21-2014, 09:44 PM

http://media.giphy.com/media/I4Jmrcjnr8Zfq/giphy.gif

Clipper Nation
12-21-2014, 09:55 PM
Nuh uh. You need to :downspin: every word of this shit ASAP.

apalisoc_9
12-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Top 30 player of all time, IMO.

RD2191
12-21-2014, 09:59 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/I4Jmrcjnr8Zfq/giphy.gif
Classic:lol

Malik Hairston
12-21-2014, 09:59 PM
Sacramento's announcers ripped into him, it's worth a listen for anybody that has LP or BS, tbh:lol..

I posted some of the quotes I remembered from the 4th quarter in the other thread..

A couple of others:

"Jerry, with the current Lakers and Byron Scott, is Kobe allowed to pass the ball?"

"This is embarrassing"

"His teammates must enjoy playing with him"

Announcer 1 with 5 secs left in the game: Look at Kobe still playing hard and trying to get the steal
Announcer 2: He just wants to get the ball and take his 30th shot

"I feel sad watching Kobe at this point"

Arcadian
12-21-2014, 10:10 PM
:lol Kobe fans....I know you're butt-devastated by this situation, but you had it comin'. Fags.

m>s
12-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Damn son when mid sticks to basketball and stays away from the other stuff he's effective as hell

Mugen
12-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Sacramento's announcers ripped into him, it's worth a listen for anybody that has LP or BS, tbh:lol..

I posted some of the quotes I remembered from the 4th quarter in the other thread..

A couple of others:

"Jerry, with the current Lakers and Byron Scott, is Kobe allowed to pass the ball?"

"This is embarrassing"

Announcer 1 with 5 secs left in the game: Look at Kobe still playing hard and trying to get the steal

:lol and these guys have watched like 40 years of NBA basketball tbh,not to mention the Kings for the last 10 years....

apalisoc_9
12-21-2014, 10:18 PM
Going to watch the Kings vs Lakers replay..

Hopefully every announcer from now on acts the same way/

Malik Hairston
12-21-2014, 10:20 PM
:lol and these guys have watched like 40 years of NBA basketball tbh,not to mention the Kings for the last 10 years....

Ya, and they're also usually one of the most complimentary and polite announcing duos in the league, too..

Clipper Nation
12-21-2014, 10:25 PM

midnightpulp
12-21-2014, 10:26 PM

A couple of others:

"This is embarrassing"

:lol I said the same thing watching the game.

Malik Hairston
12-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Doesn't matter, anyways, I don't know why people acting surprised..

There are a lot of old-media, shitty analysts like Wilbon that actually picked the Lakers to make the playoffs(:lmao), but anybody with half a brain knew that they were going to be one of the worst teams in the NBA, and that Kobe is only playing to break records..

He's probably the best tank commander in the league right now, which is exactly what the Lakers' front office planned..he's a clown, and we're all watching him, which was their goal..

Clipper Nation
12-21-2014, 10:33 PM
Doesn't matter, anyways, I don't know why people acting surprised..

There are a lot of old-media, shitty analysts like Wilbon that actually picked the Lakers to make the playoffs(:lmao), but anybody with half a brain knew that they were going to be one of the worst teams in the NBA, and that Kobe is only playing to break records..

He's probably the best tank commander in the league right now, which is exactly what the Lakers' front office planned..he's a clown, and we're all watching him, which was their goal..
The sad part is, nobody's surprised. Kirby's been a selfish bitch his whole career.

I disagree that this is intentional on the Lakers' part, though. Fredo and Kupcake are just clueless about the modern NBA, delusional and incompetent. They most likely seriously think Kirby will at least win enough games to keep the ratings high for the Time Warner deal and get butts in seats. Hell, they're paying him prime superstar type money.

Mr Bones
12-21-2014, 10:38 PM
The Lakers are the worst team in California, and it's not even close. That has never happened before, has it? They're looking up at the Clippers, the Warriors, and the Kings, & they could easily be worse next year. Nine of their players will be free agents, and it's a good bet that a lot of them will leave to get away from Kobe. Kobe will make even more money next year, while he sinks further into physical decline, and noteworthy free agents from elsewhere will most likely follow the lead of Pau, Dwight, Melo, and Bosh by saying no thanks to Laker offers. I never liked him as a player, but even in my wildest dreams I never imagined it could get this bad for him and the Lakers.

Killakobe81
12-21-2014, 10:40 PM
Didn't watch I was moving after my Cowboys clinched but the pick stays lol

Clipper Nation
12-21-2014, 10:42 PM
the pick stays

...in Arizona.

Killakobe81
12-21-2014, 10:57 PM
...in Arizona.

You wish the tank is back on target ..a Home loss to the Kings is money in the tank!

BatManu20
12-21-2014, 11:02 PM
I like Magic, but this dude makes himself such an easy target sometimes :lol

djohn2oo8
12-21-2014, 11:04 PM
^That's a cheap looking cake

Mugen
12-21-2014, 11:09 PM
:lmao holy shit, that nigga is a geisha now

Clipper Nation
12-21-2014, 11:20 PM
You wish the tank is back on target ..a Home loss to the Kings is money in the tank!

You're doing a great job tanking for the Suns. Babby can't wait to get his hands on that pick.

Medvedenko
12-21-2014, 11:30 PM
Merry Christmas everyone...

midnightpulp
12-21-2014, 11:33 PM
Merry Christmas everyone...

Med, you're always pressuring us to talk about basketball maturely. So let's talk.

What's your mature opinion on Kobe Bryant's play this season?

ambchang
12-21-2014, 11:48 PM
I have been playing this song for 10 years. I am not sure why it took so long for people to realize this.

Clipper Nation
12-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Med, you're always pressuring us to talk about basketball maturely. So let's talk.

What's your mature opinion on Kobe Bryant's play this season?

:lol Nothing says "mature basketball discussion" quite like frosted tips, tbh.

daslicer
12-21-2014, 11:55 PM
I have been playing this song for 10 years. I am not sure why it took so long for people to realize this.

Simply because the Lakers were never this bad that the media was able to cover up Kobe's flaws whereas now its impossible to do so.

007nites
12-22-2014, 12:08 AM
25-5-5

Thread
12-22-2014, 12:12 AM
25-5-5

benefactor
12-22-2014, 12:18 AM
:lol...damn...my nigga jeebus went in dry.

Thread
12-22-2014, 12:20 AM
^Amy taught him the protocol.

tee, hee.

benefactor
12-22-2014, 12:25 AM
^Amy taught him the protocol.

tee, hee.
At least Tim left after she stretched him over the log. Vanessa stretches your Kobe even today.

Thread
12-22-2014, 12:26 AM
At least Tim left after she stretched him over the log. Vanessa stretches your Kobe even today.

Yep, and your Amy took 5 with her. ha, ha.

Strange Love
12-22-2014, 12:30 AM

Like logging in to post that. :lol

Malik Hairston
12-22-2014, 01:49 AM

:lol..

Malik Hairston
12-22-2014, 01:49 AM
Like going to the salon and getting your hair highlighted?

:lmao..

12-22-2014, 01:54 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Malik Hairston
12-22-2014, 01:56 AM
Apparently he's going to rest for the next few games:lol..

Man, I hate Kobe, but this nigga is a media manipulating genius, as I've been saying for years..he's going to sit out against the Warriors and Bulls since the Lakers were going to get blown out regardless, so that nobody can use the "Lakers are better without Kobe" argument:lmao..have to admire his foresight, there's no way he would sit out if the next games were against Brooklyn and Detroit, he's not going to let the other Laker niggas win without him..

spurraider21
12-22-2014, 02:03 AM
:lmao dead

Venti Quattro
12-22-2014, 03:43 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMHcQo23u5k

TheCultOfPersonality
12-22-2014, 06:18 AM
Serious question:

Has Kirby shot over 50% one game this year?
Yes.

Surprisingly he has done it in 2 games this season.

He has shot under 40% from the field in 17 games this season.

bluebellmaniac
12-22-2014, 10:14 AM

Bu-bu-bu-but who else is supposed to shoot? He needs some all-stars around him if you want him to pass (or to get the rebound)....