PDA

View Full Version : Squat machines

RD2191
12-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Any experience? Do they work? Wanting to buy one to work on legs and the glutes. Lol.
http://www.powertecfitness.com/p-15-levergym-squat-calf-l-sc13.aspx

Trainwreck2100
12-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Just buy a power cage and barbell set

RD2191
12-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Just buy a power cage and barbell set
I don't wanna have to worry about proper form and all that.:lol

Trainwreck2100
12-22-2014, 04:43 PM
I don't wanna have to worry about proper form and all that.:lol

too fucking bad. You want gains form is a key.

RD2191
12-22-2014, 04:52 PM
too fucking bad. You want gains form is a key.
Fine fine.

Trill Clinton
12-22-2014, 05:00 PM
looks bad ass. i wouldn't mind having one of those.

RD2191
12-22-2014, 05:09 PM
looks bad ass. i wouldn't mind having one of those.
Yeah, I'm probably going to get it. Makes squatting much easier imo.

Trill Clinton
12-22-2014, 05:28 PM
you can get the gains without proper form. i be in the gym fucking shit up, bad form and all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjM33AxflBk

Cry Havoc
12-22-2014, 07:53 PM
Yeah, I'm probably going to get it. Makes squatting much easier imo.

Yeah, because it doesn't develop your supporting muscle groups. You don't get nearly the benefit that you would from doing freestanding squats. Like trying to learn to ride a bike at a pro level with training wheels on.

Do yourself a favor and get a cage with free weights. That's the best way. Also, if you don't develop your stabilizing muscles, you can easily get hurt as you ramp up in weight, because you can support the weight until something goes wrong and then you're fucked.

The Reckoning
12-22-2014, 08:17 PM
only women and old people use machines

RD2191
12-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Yeah, because it doesn't develop your supporting muscle groups. You don't get nearly the benefit that you would from doing freestanding squats. Like trying to learn to ride a bike at a pro level with training wheels on.

Do yourself a favor and get a cage with free weights. That's the best way. Also, if you don't develop your stabilizing muscles, you can easily get hurt as you ramp up in weight, because you can support the weight until something goes wrong and then you're fucked.
I'm overcoming an illness, tbh. I lost a shit load of muscle mass. Free weights seem more difficult. Should I still do the free weights?

Cry Havoc
12-22-2014, 09:01 PM
I'm overcoming an illness, tbh. I lost a shit load of muscle mass. Free weights seem more difficult. Should I still do the free weights?

Yes. 100%. The only reason not to do free-weights is if you're maxing or going really heavy and you're worried about not having a spot. That's the only reason. You inhibit growth by not learning to control the weight yourself. :tu

Infinite_limit
12-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Every workout I start with free weights. Then move onto Smith Machines (uses plates) and then sometimes finish off with machines (stacked weights with pin)

RD2191
12-22-2014, 09:13 PM
Yes. 100%. The only reason not to do free-weights is if you're maxing or going really heavy and you're worried about not having a spot. That's the only reason. You inhibit growth by not learning to control the weight yourself. :tuSounds good. Appreciate the advice.

RD2191
12-22-2014, 09:13 PM
Every workout I start with free weights. Then move onto Smith Machines (uses plates) and then sometimes finish off with machines (stacked weights with pin)
Appreciate the input. Sounds like free weights is the way to go.

benefactor
12-22-2014, 09:18 PM
Do lots of pushups with various hand positions and feet elevation. Do wide grip pull ups too...even if you need to push off something with you foot for assistance at first. Dips are good too. Body weight exercises are highly underrated.

RD2191
12-22-2014, 09:41 PM
Do lots of pushups with various hand positions and feet elevation. Do wide grip pull ups too...even if you need to push off something with you foot for assistance at first. Dips are good too. Body weight exercises are highly underrated.
Yeah, used to do a lot of that when I was younger. Will def be doing more of that.

Thread
12-22-2014, 09:47 PM
Bend over. I'll work on those fuckin' glutes.

chunticakes
12-22-2014, 10:14 PM

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

DJR210
12-22-2014, 10:28 PM

You came down with the AIDS?

RD2191
12-22-2014, 10:34 PM
You came down with the AIDS?
No comment

DJR210
12-22-2014, 11:24 PM
No comment

With advancements in AIDS research, many people are now able to live long productive lives. We're pulling for you.

RD2191
12-22-2014, 11:25 PM
With advancements in AIDS research, many people are now able to live long productive lives. We're pulling for you.
:lol

lefty
12-23-2014, 12:37 AM
Butdoyouevenliftbrah

Avante
12-23-2014, 06:41 AM
You never need any machines when building the body. Key word.....resistance. That can be done a ton of different ways that cost....0.

Stand up right now, walk over to an end table/coffee table. Turn around and start doing deep kneebends, touching your ass barely against the furniture. Knock out one long set until ya burn. That works the thighs and that ass.

You're bound to have some steps somewhere. Knock out some step ups until ya feel that burn.

benefactor
12-23-2014, 08:33 AM
You never need any machines when building the body. Key word.....resistance. That can be done a ton of different ways that cost....0.

Stand up right now, walk over to an end table/coffee table. Turn around and start doing deep kneebends, touching your ass barely against the furniture. Knock out one long set until ya burn. That works the thighs and that ass.

You're bound to have some steps somewhere. Knock out some step ups until ya feel that burn.
Have a local high school here that has those old school concrete bleachers. Used to run those in the mornings when my schedule allowed it.

Avante
12-23-2014, 08:40 AM
Have a local high school here that has those old school concrete bleachers. Used to run those in the mornings when my schedule allowed it.

One of the best leg/cardio workouts there is, running those bleacher steps. I'd go up, come down...knock out 20 pushups...back up, back down, 20 pushups, back up.............

Thread
12-23-2014, 12:33 PM

As usual:::Avante the voice of reason & moderation.

Thread
12-23-2014, 12:33 PM

& the boy's glee club was using the same facility.

Koolaid_Man
12-23-2014, 12:54 PM

:lmao my nigga