PDA

View Full Version : Vote Duncan to the All Star team

itzsoweezee
12-22-2014, 11:42 PM
There's no excuse not to:

ballot (http://allstarballot.nba.com/ballot?referrer=asb15_mainTopStory&cid=asb15_mainTopStory)

Vote every day.

If that scrub Kobe is getting voted in, Duncan sure as hell better make the squad.

Malik Hairston
12-22-2014, 11:49 PM
Of course Kobe's going to get in, there's absolutely no doubt about it:lol..if you think there's any chance he doesn't, you're going to be very disappointed..

Derrick Rose will probably get voted in, too..

I'm fine with it, the game is for the fans, it's a meaningless pick-up game centered around attention whore players(like Kobe and LeCoon)..the fans should be permitted to vote for whoever they want, and if that's Kobe, that's cool..

Mugen
12-22-2014, 11:54 PM
He should get recognition for Defensive Player of the Year award if he keeps it up. But we know he'll be ignored tbh.

apalisoc_9
12-22-2014, 11:56 PM
Kobe will get voted in, no doubt.

All-star doesn't have as much value anymore as it was 10-15 years ago. Most hardcore fans now don't consider the All-star as indication of a player's ability..It's a popularity contest. I wouldn't even vote Tim for the simple reason that I'd rather him rest than play a meaningless game..

Even deserving Starters like Curry,harden and Lowry might have to come of the bench because of kobe and rose..

Just don't bother..It's for fans who like individuals and not teams..And there's really nothing wrong with that IMO..People watch and enjoy sports differently.

Dverde
12-22-2014, 11:58 PM
He'll get picked by the coach. No way he gets voted in. No one else.

apalisoc_9
12-23-2014, 12:00 AM

He should, but the team will only have one representative and he has to compete against Tony and Kawhi..kawhi's season is elite so far and Tony obviously scores the most.

Mugen
12-23-2014, 12:01 AM
I haven't watched an All Start game in like 6 years so no biggie tbh. He's definitely deserving and maybe Kerr shows him some love if he gets a pick.

Ice009
12-23-2014, 01:29 AM
I don't think I'll vote for him because I don't think he wants to go and play in the game. I think he'd prefer the time off.

I know he's an all-star, I don't need him to be on the team to validate that. If he prefers the rest, I'd rather he get the rest during the All-star period instead of playing in that waste of time game.

cjw
12-23-2014, 02:28 AM
Give the other teams a chance to see their stars in a meaningless game. They won't get the same chance come June.

And if we have to send one, please let it be Tim or Kawhi. The last thing we need is TP hanging around a bunch of celebs at clubs up here in NYC (he'll probably opt into the skills competition just for the free trip).

If Green isn't in the 3pt contest, it will be a travesty. Only part of All Star weekend I care about. Would love to see him vs. Korver.

timtonymanu
12-23-2014, 02:48 AM
Ehh, he's having a solid season, but screw the all star game.

Doubt any Spur makes it anyway considering their record.

spursparker9
12-23-2014, 04:38 AM
Timmy deserved it.

But too many talented Front Court in West.

Marc Gasol, A.Davis, Aldridge, Griffin, Dirk, Durant, Randolph, Cousins.

EVAY
12-23-2014, 08:27 AM

This is what I am assuming. It is the only way he gets in, and even that may not happen. But I'm voting for him every day.

BillMc
12-23-2014, 08:48 AM
I don't think I'll vote for him because I don't think he wants to go and play in the game. I think he's prefer the time off.

I know he's an all-star, I don't need him to be on the team to validate that. If he prefers the rest, I'd rather he get the rest during the All-star period instead of playing in that waste of time game.

This.

Old School 44
12-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Personally...I think it would be great if no Spur made the team. I hope Kobe and Jeremy Lin get voted into the starting lineup.

dbreiden83080
12-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Tim is putting up 21 and 12 on 50% in 35 minutes the last 11 games.. He is still capable of carrying a big load at 38..

Legend..

703 Spurz
12-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Give him an honorary mention. I wouldn't want him playing.

james evans
12-23-2014, 10:26 PM
why do spurs fans want their players on USA and all star teams? I don't. Let em rest.

Malik Hairston
12-23-2014, 11:40 PM
Well, to be fair, Duncan would probably only play like 30 seconds in the game:lol..

007nites
12-24-2014, 07:33 PM
Well, to be fair, Duncan would probably only play like 30 seconds in the game:lol..

Exactly lol. It would be funny if he didn't even play and just had DNP-Old. He would still get the title of all-star this season added to his resume.

Kuestmaster
12-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Tim Duncan is 4th amoung forwards in the first returns.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/12/25/2015-first-all-star-game-voting-returns/

keep voting to get the old man in the all star. He sure deserves it, Timmy has been the best spur so far this season.

milkyway21
12-28-2014, 06:59 PM
The West is loaded with talent but I can see Duncan, reigning NBA champ in the All-star in February by invitation.
Hope Green will be invited to compete in the 3pt contest. And beat Belinelli.
So that will be Spurs 2yr 3-pt shooting star champ in a row. Cool.

01-01-2015, 04:16 PM
bump

thispego
01-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Voting duncan in is stupid. He'd agree. Let him rest

BillMc
01-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Looking at the West list the starters will almost certainly be Curry, Bryant, Griffin, Davis and M. Gasol. Coaches pick the seven reserves. Contenders for those slots who have missed a lot of time, and thus may not make it: Durant, Howard, Cousins, Randolph, our own Leonard and Parker, and to a lesser extent Westbrook. Likely names chosen by the coaches: Paul, Thompson, Lilliard, Harden, and maybe Westbrook (who's probably played enough to make it.) Big reserve candidates would be Duncan, Aldridge and maybe Howard (despite the time off) and Dirk. That's 9, so two of those will not make it. I can't tell who I'd boot. Probably Westbrook and Howard, but their talents when healthy might carry them in.

lefty
01-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Yawn

Why do you want him to go to the fucking useless ASG ?

He would rather take a break

DMC
01-01-2015, 08:03 PM
AS doesn't matter until it's time to vote, then suddenly it's important.

rmt
01-02-2015, 04:50 AM
Duncan needs to rest. No Spur in the all-star game please

timtonymanu
01-02-2015, 04:54 AM
:lol All-Star games
:lol attention whore event

I hope no Spurs make it, tbh. It's meant for the regular season players like Thompson and Wall.