PDA

View Full Version : Spurs third team in NBA History to...

703 Spurz
12-23-2014, 12:24 AM
Play 5 straight opponents with a winning percentage of at least .700 20 games or more into the season.

Was on Sportscenter just a minute ago.

Mugen
12-23-2014, 12:25 AM
Another amazing accomplishment by the Spurs. Their W-L record in that span is irrelevant tbh.

SpurPadre
12-23-2014, 12:27 AM
Play 5 straight opponents with a winning percentage of at least .700 20 games or more into the season.

Was on Sportscenter just a minute ago.

Saw that and to think we can say we should be 5-0 if not for poor late minute execution along with key injuries and that really puts things into perspective about how much this team controls its destiny.

SpurPadre
12-23-2014, 12:30 AM
Since you mention that bit on espn, I gotta say I loved everything TP said when he was interviewed there, especially with regards to not finishing games and improving from poor defense.

BatManu20
12-23-2014, 12:38 AM
Since you mention that bit on espn, I gotta say I loved everything TP said when he was interviewed there, especially with regards to not finishing games and improving from poor defense.

Same. Tony and Manu are always great interviews after games b/c they're articulate and go into detail on what they did well and what they struggled with, as opposed to the cliche "We came out aggressive and played hard, etc etc" bullshit that most athletes give.

Malik Hairston
12-23-2014, 01:01 AM
:lol pretty crazy, especially when you combine it with the "first team since the 50s to play 2 straight 3-OT games"..

Like SpurPadre said, even crazier that they could have realistically won those games if it wasn't for colossal choke jobs and egregiously poor officiating(the Gasol and Aldridge calls)..

Agloco
12-23-2014, 11:08 AM
Saw that and to think we can say we should be 5-0 if not for poor late minute execution along with key injuries and that really puts things into perspective about how much this team controls its destiny.

This tbh. People who insist that the sky is falling need to take a closer look at the nature of the losses. The Spurs have yet to lose a game by more than 5 points when the Big three plus Leonard are playing.

Just saying.'

703 Spurz
12-23-2014, 01:12 PM

Me too. He ALWAYS talks about being aggressive and using energy but I found what he said to be great.

daslicer
12-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Ridiculous schedule considering Spurs probably would have played 11 straight games against teams that are .500 or above if OKC didn't suffer from injuries.