PDA

View Full Version : Pet people.........

CharlieMac
08-31-2005, 02:08 PM
http://www.humanesocietyspca.org/

Humane Society still has plenty of animals coming in from the hurricane affected area. I was just there this morning to adopt and it was good to see 50-75 people there waiting for them to open. Adoption rate is at half price for 45 dollars. Don't forget about the Defense League as well.
http://www.animaldefenseleague.org/pets.htm

TOP-CHERRY
08-31-2005, 02:48 PM
^That's very noble of you.

I'm happy to hear these animals being rescued.

CrazyOne
08-31-2005, 03:04 PM
On the sadder side, I have to take on of my dogs in to the vet today, and we'll probably have to put her to sleep. I really don't want to go, but it's time.

Shelly
08-31-2005, 05:04 PM
On the sadder side, I have to take on of my dogs in to the vet today, and we'll probably have to put her to sleep. I really don't want to go, but it's time.

:( Sick or old age? Sorry to hear that!

Kori Ellis
08-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Erik - What dog did you get?
We got a 3-year old male black lab.

Gary - sorry about your dog :(

CrazyOne
08-31-2005, 05:25 PM
Well, we're back... she's got bad arthritis in the hips and some bone spurs, but they think they can alleviate the pain quite a bit... so we're going to see how the medication helps. If she can get back up on her feet again, we'll keep her as long as she wants.

Marklar MM
08-31-2005, 05:27 PM
You should get small doggies. Like Maltese and Pomeranians. They are so cuddly, funny, and playful.

CharlieMac
08-31-2005, 05:31 PM
Well, we're back... she's got bad arthritis in the hips and some bone spurs, but they think they can alleviate the pain quite a bit... so we're going to see how the medication helps. If she can get back up on her feet again, we'll keep her as long as she wants.

Man, I'm so sorry. I hope the dog recovers. I used to crack jokes about how people consider pets a part of their family, but now I'd weep like a little bitch if I lost one of my dogs.

Kori, we have two dogs from the Defense League already. One is a terrier mix with bad glacoma, and the other is a chihuahua mix. The one we plan on getting tomorrow is a collie that is 10 months old. I need to take my dogs tomorrow with Jess to make sure they all get along.

Kori Ellis
08-31-2005, 05:37 PM
The one we plan on getting tomorrow is a collie that is 10 months old. I need to take my dogs tomorrow with Jess to make sure they all get along.

I think we saw that dog - it was marked with something saying that it was in the process of being adopted. We looked at all the labs, but decide on the 3 year old rather than one of the younger dogs.

CharlieMac
08-31-2005, 05:40 PM
I think we saw that dog - it was marked with something saying that it was in the process of being adopted. We looked at all the labs, but decide on the 3 year old rather than one of the younger dogs.

This will be my first young dog too. I've always adopted a special needs dog and this time I just want something that will be a good yard dog. There is no space in here for 3 inside dogs. There were two black labs there that were to be adopted together, those were nice.

Marklar MM
08-31-2005, 05:45 PM
Try getting a 2 month old puppy. Very demanding.

2Blonde
08-31-2005, 06:00 PM
The vet put our dog on Glucosamine & Condroitin w/L-Carnitine. The canine brand is called CANICHON 2X. It's a beef flavored capsule that she takes once a day. It seems to be helping her. We get ours through the vet clinic out at Ft. Sam Houston. I don't know if you are retired military. If you are it's probably cheaper that way. Or maybe you could try the internet. He also told us to give her aspirin but we had to stop that because it aggravates her pancreatitis and makes her throw up.

Horry For 3!
08-31-2005, 09:04 PM
I'd get one but we already have like 50 pets :lol

angel_luv
08-31-2005, 09:19 PM
Erik - What dog did you get?
We got a 3-year old male black lab.

Ahhh! I can't wait to meet him. I love dogs- especially labs. Great animals. = )
What is the beauty's name?

Horry For 3!
08-31-2005, 09:21 PM
Ahhh! I can't wait to meet him. I love dogs- especially labs. Great animals. = )
What is the beauty's name?
I have a black lab but he is older. He is my step-dads dog. He is pretty big. He farts a lot too. :depressed

CrazyOne
08-31-2005, 09:28 PM
This dog came from the ADL... a long time ago. I heard the vet telling someone else about the glucosimine and stuff for dogs... maybe I can share the pills I get from Sam's Club... :lol

CharlieMac
08-31-2005, 10:28 PM
Kori, we talked about it and Jess and I decided to adopt from Animal Control instead.

http://www.orgsites.com/tx/sanantoniorescue/_pgg4.php3

Dogs
Total number accepted at AC facility: 31782
Total number destroyed: 27552
Percent of dogs destroyed from those taken in: 86.7%

Cats

Total number accepted at AC facility: 21715
Total number destroyoed: 20809
Percent of cats destroyed from those taken in: 95.8%

Those numbers just eat us up.

Kori Ellis
08-31-2005, 10:37 PM
Kori, we talked about it and Jess and I decided to adopt from Animal Control instead.

http://www.orgsites.com/tx/sanantoniorescue/_pgg4.php3

Dogs
Total number accepted at AC facility: 31782
Total number destroyed: 27552
Percent of dogs destroyed from those taken in: 86.7%

Cats

Total number accepted at AC facility: 21715
Total number destroyoed: 20809
Percent of cats destroyed from those taken in: 95.8%

Those numbers just eat us up.

Yeah I can't handle thinking about that.

Good luck in whatever dog you get. Good job :tu

Angel, you'll meet him on Saturday -- he's coming home on Friday afternoon. :)

batman2883
08-31-2005, 10:38 PM
What name did you decide on Kori?

Kori Ellis
08-31-2005, 10:42 PM
What name did you decide on Kori?

We didn't decide yet. I might wait until he's here at the house to decide and figure it out by how he acts.

CharlieMac
08-31-2005, 10:45 PM
We didn't decide yet. I might wait until he's here at the house to decide and figure it out by how he acts.

'Cane!

How thuggish is that? Way easier to say that Hurricane. Plus it just kicks a ridiculous amount of ass.

batman2883
08-31-2005, 10:48 PM
Nah i voted for Looter thats priceless

CharlieMac
09-01-2005, 04:06 PM
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=7507069&uid=725159

We adopted "Candy".

That name will be changed though. Unacceptable.