rogues
12-23-2014, 04:15 PM
:lmao..

Ditty
12-23-2014, 05:22 PM
:cry but the cold weather :cry

spurraider21
12-23-2014, 05:27 PM
always thought the Denver was a curious choice because of the stadium/location. Arizona made a ton of sense at the time, and seems like a no-brainer now too

JMarkJohns
12-24-2014, 02:58 PM
always thought the Denver was a curious choice because of the stadium/location. Arizona made a ton of sense at the time, and seems like a no-brainer now too

Yep. But Whiz might still be here, rather than Arians, so I'm fine with it. Whiz drafts sucked balls and he couldn't coach, let alone rally a team.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-24-2014, 05:25 PM

I think you're forgetting it would have been D'Anthony Bastiste protecting Manning's blindside, and the other 4 starters at O-line weren't a whole lot better (I think they allowed close to 60 sacks in what would have been Manning's first season with Arizona), and Jizzenhunt publicly stated that he "doesn't like using high draft picks on linemen". Jizz also went out of his way to posture about how Manning would be "Just one player who would have to adjust to his role", while Elway made it clear Denver would be Manning's team. Basically Arizona made more sense on paper but Jizz did everything he could to drive Manning to Denver :lol

spurraider21
12-24-2014, 05:43 PM
I think you're forgetting it would have been D'Anthony Bastiste protecting Manning's blindside, and the other 4 starters at O-line weren't a whole lot better (I think they allowed close to 60 sacks in what would have been Manning's first season with Arizona), and Jizzenhunt publicly stated that he "doesn't like using high draft picks on linemen". Jizz also went out of his way to posture about how Manning would be "Just one player who would have to adjust to his role", while Elway made it clear Denver would be Manning's team. Basically Arizona made more sense on paper but Jizz did everything he could to drive Manning to Denver :lol
yeah good point. i actually think Tennessee bent over the most, saying they'd give him a role with the team after retirement and shit

HI-FI
12-24-2014, 05:51 PM
that's interesting, never knew that. it sounds similar to the Niner situation, which I knew was too good to be true. Apparently Harbaugh was throwing the ball with Manning and had to mention how his passes had more zip than Manning's. Granted, Manning didn't need to get butthurt but I imagine after having 4 surgeries, you really don't want to hear some ultra competitive type rub that shit in. The bigger issue is Harbaugh made it known it would be his way or the highway, so ultimately those two personalities wouldn't mesh, but then the Niners top brass couldn't mesh with Harbaugh either.

Sucks though because no doubt the Niners and Manning could've eked out at least one SB together.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-24-2014, 06:12 PM
that's interesting, never knew that. it sounds similar to the Niner situation, which I knew was too good to be true. Apparently Harbaugh was throwing the ball with Manning and had to mention how his passes had more zip than Manning's. Granted, Manning didn't need to get butthurt but I imagine after having 4 surgeries, you really don't want to hear some ultra competitive type rub that shit in. The bigger issue is Harbaugh made it known it would be his way or the highway, so ultimately those two personalities wouldn't mesh, but then the Niners top brass couldn't mesh with Harbaugh either.

Sucks though because no doubt the Niners and Manning could've eked out at least one SB together.

It's one thing for Harbaugh to say that right after he was a fumbled punt away from the SB with Alex Smith at QB and a system that didn't rely on elite QB play, but the only way Whizenhunt ever accomplished anything as a HC was with a HOF QB carrying a pass-heavy offense, so he looked like an ass pretending he didn't need Manning and could win without elite QB play. It was like how a lot of Belichick assistants act when they get head coaching jobs, Bill O'Brien being the lone exception.

HI-FI
12-24-2014, 06:20 PM
It's one thing for Harbaugh to say that right after he was a fumbled punt away from the SB with Alex Smith at QB and a system that didn't rely on elite QB play, but the only way Whizenhunt ever accomplished anything as a HC was with a HOF QB carrying a pass-heavy offense, so he looked like an ass pretending he didn't need Manning and could win without elite QB play. It was like how a lot of Belichick assistants act when they get head coaching jobs, Bill O'Brien being the lone exception.
that's a good point, Harbaugh's stock was at its peak so people would tolerate his ego or not second guess him. I heard Whizenhunt and Manning were friends, so it's surprising to see Whizenhunt fuck that opportunity up. I always wondered if Manning and Belichick would've gelled, there is a lot of mutual respect, but both love to have their fingers on everything so probably would've been more tumultuous than Hoodie and Brady. I think it could've worked though.