PDA

View Full Version : OT: players that take pay cuts are stupid imo

King Emmanuel
12-23-2014, 09:09 PM
tell you what Buddy mignon was on to something when he talked about players helping out the wealthy racist white owners and fucking over other players in contract negotiation leverage by taking less than their worth. i lost respect for guys like Timmy and Dirk because of this.

man i swear this is a big reason why players in the league seem to have a lot more respect for kobe than everyone else in the field. in taking so much money despite not being a great player anymore he's also helping out his peers when they're looking for a major payday

spurraider21
12-23-2014, 09:12 PM
an individual taking more or less money does nothing to the owners :lol

there is still the same salary cap and the same salary floor and they end up paying the same total anyway... its just allocated in different proportions to the players. its morons that buy the "i need to take more money to stick it to the owners" rhetoric. kobe taking 24 mil this year didn't hurt the buss family at all. if he took 15, then they would have still given away the other 9 million to somebody else... it's not like they'd just pocket the difference. look at the mavs... dirk took a paycut but they forked the same money dirk would have taken over to parsons. cuban is no better or worse for it, but the team was able to add another player

DAF86
12-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Do NBA players make more $$$ the more wins they get? For example: Let's say player A has a two year contract where he makes 10 mil each year. The first season he doesn't make the playoffs, the next one he wins the championship. Does player A make more money on the second year?

Silver&Black
12-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Is the OP a tard ???

Timmy took a pay cut = 5th championship
Dirk took a pay cut = Mavs are serious contenders now.
Kirby didn't take a pay cut = Lakers' roster is a fucking joke now.

DAF86
12-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Is the OP a tard ???

Nop, he's being subtle. Well, not really but I guess he's being subtle for people like you.

lefty
12-23-2014, 09:31 PM
:lol Barkley
:lol taking a paycut so the Suns could sign Ainge in 1992
:lol Ainge pissing MJ off in game 4 of the 93 Finals
:lol DK dropping 55 in that game
:lol no title for Chuck

spurraider21
12-23-2014, 09:34 PM
Do NBA players make more $$$ the more wins they get? For example: Let's say player A has a two year contract where he makes 10 mil each year. The first season he doesn't make the playoffs, the next one he wins the championship. Does player A make more money on the second year?
i think everybody gets a pre-set bonus for playoff games iirc

Silver&Black
12-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Nop, he's being subtle. Well, not really but I guess he's being subtle for people like you.

Yeah...the "helping out the wealthy racist white owners" statement was very subtle.

Malik Hairston
12-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Taking a paycut is based on your personal preference, it's not based on Coonery, tbh..

I've said many times that Kobe was justified to take his massive contract, he earned it for the amount he generates for the Lakers..

However, it's based on personal preference..if you care about winning more than anything else like Duncan and Nowitzki, it's cool to take the paycut..if you care more about money rather than winning, like Kobe, that's cool, too, tbh..

At the end of the day, all these niggas are caking, and there's minimal difference of lifestyle between having $100 million and $150 million:lol..

King Emmanuel
12-23-2014, 11:15 PM
Taking a paycut is based on your personal preference, it's not based on Coonery, tbh..

I've said many times that Kobe was justified to take his massive contract, he earned it for the amount he generates for the Lakers..

However, it's based on personal preference..if you care about winning more than anything else like Duncan and Nowitzki, it's cool to take the paycut..if you care more about money rather than winning, like Kobe, that's cool, too, tbh..

At the end of the day, all these niggas are caking, and there's minimal difference of lifestyle between having $100 million and $150 million:lol..

nobody asked for your opinion