PDA

View Full Version : Lamond Murray

YamaSama
08-31-2005, 02:50 PM
As reported by Al Iannazzone in the Bergen Record:

"Rumors are swirling that the Raptors may waive veteran swingman Lamond Murray, who played with Jason Kidd at California. If they do, the Nets are prepared to pounce on Murray, a career 11.9-point scorer.

In related news, small forward Linton Johnson has agreed to terms on a one-year guaranteed deal with the Nets. Don't worry - Thorn said, Johnson passed his physical."

Pop has been interested in acquiring Lamond Murray for a long time now. Lamond may be over the hill, but he wouldn't be a bad pickup for the vets minimum. He has good size and he's a scorer (and I doubt that he'd ask for much $ or playing time, whereas Big Dog seems to want more of both) Plus, if NJ has Linton, they are already plenty stacked at the 3 with Jefferson, Carter, and Linton.
Anyhow, I'd rather have Finley, Devin Brown, and/or Matt Barnes, but Lamond remains an interesting possibility.

Marcus Bryant
08-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Lamond Murray's NBA career needs to be taken out back and shot.

Gummi
08-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Not after he bailed on us in 2001 I think it was. Like Derek Anderson, Pop won't take a look at player that burned us in the past.

FromWayDowntown
08-31-2005, 02:53 PM
I don't know that Pop has pursued Lamond since the famous double-cross a few years ago, but I may have forgotten something.

If the Spurs aren't inclined to keep Big Dog around, I'd certainly argue that they shouldn't pursue Lamond Murray, either.

T Park
08-31-2005, 02:55 PM
Fuck Lamond Murray.

Marcus Bryant
08-31-2005, 03:01 PM
I don't know that Pop has pursued Lamond since the famous double-cross a few years ago, but I may have forgotten something.

If the Spurs aren't inclined to keep Big Dog around, I'd certainly argue that they shouldn't pursue Lamond Murray, either.

Indeed.

picnroll
08-31-2005, 03:02 PM
Good for LJIII. Kind of ironic that the only guy that can pass an NJ physical was out all last year injured.

Rescueone
08-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Murray stinks, let him go to NJ.

Walton Buys Off Me
08-31-2005, 03:04 PM
If Lamond were to screw Pop again, some fat Idaho cunt would be finding his fingers (sans ring I may add) in her Wendy's Chili.

Solid D
08-31-2005, 03:20 PM
Remember up in Toronto early last season in that abortion of a game when the Spurs couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and blew a 19 point lead? Lamond Murray leading the 4th quarter comeback like he was LeBron James or something and set a franchise record for biggest comeback?

Solid D
08-31-2005, 03:22 PM
"With the Spurs leading, 90-89, with 1:46 left, Murray blocked a dunk by Duncan, then hit a 3-pointer from the right wing with 1:29 to play to give Toronto the lead for good."

Oh yes, I remember Lamond Murray alright.

Walton Buys Off Me
08-31-2005, 03:24 PM
I was at that game Solid D, needless to say the five hour train ride home wasn't pleasant.

Rescueone
08-31-2005, 03:27 PM
"With the Spurs leading, 90-89, with 1:46 left, Murray blocked a dunk by Duncan, then hit a 3-pointer from the right wing with 1:29 to play to give Toronto the lead for good."

So what, let downs are gonna happen from time to time. The Spurs just took the second half off and thought they had it won after getting ahead by 19. It happens to all teams. Besides coming back from 19 down isn't something new. Toronto won the game, but we won the ring!

Solid D
08-31-2005, 03:30 PM
True, but I wasn't focusing so much on the letdown as I was on "LeBron" Murray. :lol

He REALLY over-achieved, like he has done on several occasions versus the Spurs for some reason.

tlongII
08-31-2005, 03:38 PM
I doubt Lamond Murray will be able to pass the Nets' physical.

tmtcsc
08-31-2005, 04:04 PM
Fuck Lamond Murray.

I gotta whole lotta that for a whole lotta players.

Lamond Murray
Derek Anderson
Karl Malone
Rip Hamilton
Rasheed Wallace

A little more heat is reserved for those who did not want to be here. Strictly on a professional level...."you are either with us or against us".

tmtcsc
08-31-2005, 04:06 PM

That was more of a break down on the Spurs part than some scrub having a career day. He's notorious for bursts of effort from time to time. He's still a Clipper at heart.

Duff McCartney
08-31-2005, 04:10 PM
What's the history on Lamond Murray?