PDA

View Full Version : Leaked Sony emails reveal boss Amy Pascal wants [Black] British actor to be Bond 007

Infinite_limit
12-24-2014, 05:07 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2882431/The-s-Elba-Idris-Elba-Leaked-Sony-emails-reveal-boss-Amy-Pascal-wants-British-actor-James-Bond.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/21/23FCE1FB00000578-2882431-image-m-11_1419156099871.jpg

Strange Love
12-24-2014, 05:13 AM
He would be the right kind of actor for it.

Stringer, my nigga!

Infinite_limit
12-24-2014, 05:17 AM
Forgot to mention

"Pascal was born on March 25, 1958 in Los Angeles, California.[1] She is Jewish"

Thread
12-24-2014, 06:19 AM
Good to see Sony get the light turned on their private behavior. They're always so ripe & ready to shine it on others.

Stings, don't it.

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2014, 06:50 AM
Good to see Sony get the light turned on their private behavior. They're always so ripe & ready to shine it on others.

Stings, don't it.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this...I'm obviously not for the terror threats against all of us as citizens...but what happened to Sony? fuck em....

CosmicCowboy
12-24-2014, 08:16 AM
LOL.

James Bond with gold teeth bling and a Maserati with 22" rims. Ditches the Walther for a chrome Taurus 9.

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2014, 08:21 AM
LOL.

James Bond with gold teeth bling and a Maserati with 22" rims. Ditches the Walther for a chrome Taurus 9.

thank god he's not ditching the Walther for a dungaree and jeans wearing cowboy with a 10 gallon hat and a horse..... just saying ;-)

CosmicCowboy
12-24-2014, 08:35 AM
thank god he's not ditching the Walther for a dungaree and jeans wearing cowboy with a 10 gallon hat and a horse..... just saying ;-)

I dunno...Walker Texas Ranger joins MI6 could be quite amusing.

CosmicCowboy
12-24-2014, 08:42 AM

Or Bond...Justified

He shoots somebody every ten minutes

ohmwrecker
12-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Idris Elba is a good actor. I'm sure he will do a good job. I don't care about the James Bond franchise though.

mrsmaalox
12-24-2014, 09:28 AM
He's hot.

ChumpDumper
12-24-2014, 10:19 AM
LOL.

James Bond with gold teeth bling and a Maserati with 22" rims. Ditches the Walther for a chrome Taurus 9.smh

unleashbaynes
12-24-2014, 11:26 AM
that's kinda a stupid thing to do. bond is a white character, if you want a black secret agent that's fine, but it should be a new storyline.

ChumpDumper
12-24-2014, 11:29 AM
that's kinda a stupid thing to do. Nick Fury is a white character, if you want a black secret agent that's fine, but it should be a new storyline.:cry

DJR210
12-24-2014, 11:30 AM
Idris Elba played a good role in No Good Deed..the movie was brought down by questionable directing choices.

hehateme
12-24-2014, 11:31 AM
They gave the role to pierce brosnan at one time..what could be worse than that

DJR210
12-24-2014, 11:31 AM
that's kinda a stupid thing to do. bond is a white character, if you want a black secret agent that's fine, but it should be a new storyline.

Shit, at least he didn't get forced into a gender reassignment surgery like Thor.

unleashbaynes
12-24-2014, 11:40 AM
:cry

just saying. they recently put on a play of 'a christmas story' with an all latino cast set in mexico and it just ended up raping the original story and being highly offensive to latinos. changing the races of characters just to be able to say that you did it doesn't really seem true to the process.

ChumpDumper
12-24-2014, 11:45 AM
just saying. they recently put on a play of 'a christmas story' with an all latino cast set in mexico and it just ended up raping the original story and being highly offensive to latinos. changing the races of characters just to be able to say that you did it doesn't really seem true to the process.Well Catholics recast Jesus' mom as Latina. That worked out OK.

G-Nob
12-24-2014, 12:16 PM
According to multiple news articles, after Spectre, Craig is signed for Bond 25 which won't be released till at least 2018 or 2019. You won't expect a Bond reboot for at least 3 years after that. In 2022, Elba will be 50 years old. I'm all for Elba being the next Bond, but he'd have to start now. Not to say he wouldn't still be in great shape!

SupremeGuy
12-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Forgot to mention

"Pascal was born on March 25, 1958 in Los Angeles, California.[1] She is Jewish"I'm shocked. The hollywood jews have been generally been at war with White people and the right for decades. Of course black people won't complain, not until some Jew decides to make a MLK movie with a white lesbian, then they'll suddenly have a huge problem with changing the race of a character.

Trill Clinton
12-24-2014, 12:21 PM
This guy is comparing a fifictional character to Martin Luther king...wow

Koolaid_Man
12-24-2014, 12:34 PM

he's almost drowned during the border crossing...so he lost a few brain cells....pay him no mind

Spur-Addict
12-24-2014, 01:31 PM

:lmao

Infinite_limit
12-24-2014, 02:25 PM
They gave the role to pierce brosnan at one time..what could be worse than that
You didn't like? I felt he was very classy, obviously the polar opposite of someone like Craig who is more physically intimidating. IMO a secret agent wouldn't be the size of Craig, dead give away on secret missions.

http://demetrejewelers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/james-bond-die-another-day-image-courtesy-omega.jpg

http://fashionbomb.thefashionbomb.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/idris-elba-nme-awards-2013-london.jpg

Floyd Pacquiao
12-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Pierce brosnan was a great james bond

baseline bum
12-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Idris Elba would be an incredible Bond. By far the best one since Connery (no one is ever topping him in that role).

resistanze
12-24-2014, 02:55 PM

He might be the dumbest poster in ST

resistanze
12-24-2014, 02:56 PM
You didn't like? I felt he was very classy, obviously the polar opposite of someone like Craig who is more physically intimidating. IMO a secret agent wouldn't be the size of Craig, dead give away on secret missions.

Did you google pics of his penis brah

spurraider21
12-24-2014, 03:48 PM
I would love to watch a bind movie with a terrible actor choice along the lines of Vin diesel, Keanu reeves

SupremeGuy
12-24-2014, 04:02 PM
This guy is comparing a fifictional character to Martin Luther king...wowSee, you're already getting offended and the jews haven't even started planning a white lesbian MLK movie(that I know of tbh); point proven.

SupremeGuy
12-24-2014, 04:02 PM
He might be the dumbest poster in STlol canadian faggot

Technique
12-24-2014, 04:44 PM
The guardian of asgard is probably the only black man on the planet that can pull off james bond

resistanze
12-24-2014, 04:45 PM
lol canadian faggot

lol fence jumping mexican talking on behalf of conservatives

SupremeGuy
12-24-2014, 04:59 PM
lol fence jumping mexican talking on behalf of conservativesI was born in America, bigot. :lol

SupremeGuy
12-24-2014, 05:00 PM
The guardian of asgard is probably the only black man on the planet that can pull off james bondDenzel?

ChumpDumper
12-24-2014, 05:04 PM
:cry Norse gods can't be black! :cry

spurraider21
12-24-2014, 05:15 PM
:cry Norse gods can't be black! :cry
but he's a gatekeeper... basically a servant

resistanze
12-24-2014, 05:15 PM
I was born in America, bigot. :lol

lol no the desert you were conceived in beyond the fence was mexico
lol bigot, meanwhile talking about 'hollywood jews'
lol overcompensating online with retarded takes
lol begging to be accepted
lol but can't stop eating burritos

spurraider21
12-24-2014, 05:16 PM
Idris Elba would be an incredible Bond. By far the best one since Connery (no one is ever topping him in that role).
i've never seen a bond flick but i get the gist... elba would be great. or just throw in some giant robots and subterranean beasts and take away the secret agent thing.

fuck it, pacific rim 2

SupremeGuy
12-24-2014, 05:23 PM
lol no the desert you were conceived in beyond the fence was mexico
lol overcompensating online with retarded takes
lol begging to be accepted
lol but can't stop eating burritoslol defeding hollywood jews
lol canadian faggot
lol can't wrap your mind around a moderate Hispanic
lol bigot
lol raptors

resistanze
12-24-2014, 05:33 PM
lol defeding hollywood jews
lol canadian faggot
lol can't wrap your mind around a moderate Hispanic
lol bigot
lol raptors

lol hope that taco smelling faggot in the pic isn't you
lol moderate = sucking anonymous redneck dick online
lol plucks bushy eyebrows every morning
lol self-hating anchor baby
lol dumb takes
lol too dumb to even acknowledge dumb takes
lol kill yourself
lol merry christmas/feliz navidad

SupremeGuy
12-24-2014, 05:38 PM
lol hope that taco smelling faggot in the pic isn't you
lol moderate = sucking anonymous redneck dick online
lol plucks bushy eyebrows every morning
lol self-hating anchor baby
lol dumb takes
lol too dumb to even acknowledge dumb takes
lol kill yourself
lol merry christmas/feliz navidadSo your whole schtick is that you're an anti-Hispanic bigot now? Cool. :lol

I can't even express how non of that stuff bothers me, but it is funny seeing you go full on racist, tbh.

resistanze
12-24-2014, 05:38 PM
So your whole schtick is that you're an anti-Hispanic bigot now? Cool. :lol

I can't even express how non of that stuff bothers me, but it is funny seeing you go full on racist, tbh.
But but the Hollywood jews

Strange Love
12-24-2014, 05:45 PM

:lol Dude got "got."

Never a good idea to play the bigot card when you try to rip on another race. :lol

SupremeGuy
12-24-2014, 05:51 PM
But but the Hollywood jews

Never a good idea to play the bigot card when you try to rip on another race. :lollol crying about the poor hollywood jews while being an anti-Hispanic bigot

resistanze
12-24-2014, 05:53 PM

Never a good idea to play the bigot card when you try to rip on another race. :lol

lol crying about the poor hollywood jews while being an anti-Hispanic bigot

Exhibit A on how retarded he is :lol

Strange Love
12-24-2014, 05:56 PM
lol crying about the poor hollywood jews while being an anti-Hispanic bigot

You mad you got caught with your hands held high, scrah? It ain't my fault you cant distinguish one thing for the other.

SupremeGuy
12-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Exhibit A on how retarded he is :lolbigot :lol

SupremeGuy
12-24-2014, 06:05 PM
You mad you got caught with your hands held high, scrah? It ain't my fault you cant distinguish one thing for the other.Got caught with what? lol He's dropping bigotry left and right and all you can focus on was me saying "hollywood jews." Keep acting like his bigotry is cool, go ahead.

HI-FI
12-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Elba is a good actor, no doubt. Not sure I'd want him as Bond though. It depends on the alternatives.

I'm surprised Pascal has a job after bungling the Spiderman franchise and the recent PR mess. She's part of the Tribe though so she'll be fine.

SupremeGuy
12-28-2014, 08:06 AM
Trill, do you or your people have any pride? Why aren't young blacks forcing hollywood to make movies based off of black authors/stories/characters? You're always talking about culture vultures(trash like azalea and bieber) but love it when white characters are transformed into black characters.

I'm asking, can you name me some great books written by black authors with a black lead character. I'm willing to read and discuss these epic stories that hollywood refuses to write about, if you are.

Big Empty
12-28-2014, 08:58 AM
Black dude? James on Bond?

boutons_deux
12-28-2014, 09:10 AM
A black Bond wouldn't be an artistic decision. It's only and always a business, a money (demographic) decision. A good black Bond with a good story, dialogue would easily be better than silly joker Roger Moore.

Pauly D
12-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Just get Clive Owen and stfu. Don't know if anyone mentioned him in this long ass thread yet. He'd be the best Bond outside of Connery. He should've been the choice last time anyway

cantthinkofanything
12-28-2014, 10:40 AM
I would love to watch a bind movie with a terrible actor choice along the lines of Vin diesel, Keanu reevesWhy not just rent any of a number of shitty movies with Reeves or Diesel in them. I kind of get what you're saying but after a few minutes of novelty, it'd just be watching another action movie with poorly delivered lines.

SupremeGuy
12-28-2014, 11:33 AM
"Hands up, sexual connotation" Starring Denzel Washington with random white slut as Positive Pregnancy.

Blockbuster. They might as well go full boutons/fl and make him gay too. Or maybe transgender? Fuck that! Transpecies... :wow

Jacob1983
12-28-2014, 10:14 PM
Bell, Stringer Bell.

Strange Love
12-28-2014, 11:18 PM
Just get Clive Owen and stfu. Don't know if anyone mentioned him in this long ass thread yet. He'd be the best Bond outside of Connery. He should've been the choice last time anyway

That's because he would be a shit fit.

z0sa
12-29-2014, 12:40 AM

Word

TDMVPDPOY
12-29-2014, 12:53 AM
hows that annie movie going with the black version?...

lol white characters played by black actors to target a broader market, just as stupid as casting some chinese clown into the movie who has 1-2 lines and using them to PR in china like they had a huge role in the movie, no wonder why the industry is in the shit

ChumpDumper
12-29-2014, 01:17 AM
hows that annie movie going with the black version?...Considering it was one of the movies leaked online in the Sony hack, not that bad tbh.

Infinite_limit
12-29-2014, 01:56 AM
I think OK sales. 4.6 outta 10 rating on IMDB

Avante
12-29-2014, 02:01 AM
Some things are simply white.

Rockabilly
Conan
Hercules
Sherlock Holmes
NASCAR
Hockey
Superman
Tarzan
Elric of Melniborn
Doc Savage
James Bond
Batman
Paul Bunyan

Infinite_limit
12-29-2014, 02:02 AM
Some things are simply white.

Rockabilly
Conan
Hercules
Sherlock Holmes
NASCAR
Hockey
Superman
Tarzan
Elric of Melniborn
Doc Savage
James Bond
Batman
Paul Bunyan
Blonde hair
Blue eyes
Excellence

Avante
12-29-2014, 02:36 AM
Blonde hair
Blue eyes
Excellence

Excellence...??????

DeadlyDynasty
12-29-2014, 02:43 AM
So maalox wants the bbc?

Infinite_limit
12-29-2014, 05:40 AM
So maalox wants the bbc?
http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif

baseline bum
12-29-2014, 10:13 AM
So maalox wants the bbc?

:cry We ain't gotta dream no more :cry

DarrinS
12-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Tyler Perry as M?

ohmwrecker
12-29-2014, 08:33 PM
3 pages and it's still not OK for a black actor to play a fictional character? How proud you all must be.

HI-FI
12-29-2014, 09:31 PM
^ actually Naomi Harris is playing Moneypenney and she's black. Maybe they should make all of MI6 black though, for the liberals.

ohmwrecker
12-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Who gives a shit?

Pauly D
12-30-2014, 12:41 AM
That's because he would be a shit fit.

right. Who needs a suave, good looking Brit who looks like he could be a cousin to Connery and Brosnan? Put his character from Inside Man in a suit and tie and you already have James Bond

Considering it was one of the movies leaked online in the Sony hack, not that bad tbh.

because the people who illegally download movies are the target audience for Annie...

3 pages and it's still not OK for a black actor to play a fictional character? How proud you all must be.

:cry Muh liberal guilt isn't washing off onto others!!!! :cry

Avante
12-30-2014, 01:33 AM

So they are going to make a movie about the great John Henry, a legend in black folk lore. No way in hell a white actor could play the part of John Henry.

They are going to make a short video about the song...Stack O" Lee/Staggerlee. You know the story, no way in hell two white guys could play the parts of Stack O" Lee and Billy.

Tonto and a black Lone Ranger?

A black Tarzan?

Gone With the Wind is fiction, what a black Rhett Butler?

In the old tv show Amos & Andy, you really think two white guys could have pulled that off? Yes I know they did on the radio,

White guys can't....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=griMGY-JLvo

Dude:rolleyes

ChumpDumper
12-30-2014, 03:37 AM
because the people who illegally download movies are the target audience for Annie...More than a few of those people have kids.

Apparently did as well or better in its second weekend, so it probably won't be a money loser. Has to count as a win for Sony these days.

ChumpDumper
12-30-2014, 03:39 AM
So they are going to make a movie about the great John Henry, a legend in black folk lore. No way in hell a white actor could play the part of John Henry.

They are going to make a short video about the song...Stack O" Lee/Staggerlee. You know the story, no way in hell two white guys could play the parts of Stack O" Lee and Billy.

A black Tarzan?

In the old tv show Amos & Andy, you really think two white guys could have pulled that off? Yes I know they did on the radio,

White guys can't....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=griMGY-JLvo

Dude:rolleyes:cry No white man could ever play Othello. :cry

:cry No white woman could ever play Aida. :cry

russellgoat
12-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Speaking about race in movies, why are libtards upset that white people are playing the main characters in Exodus? Do they really think most Egyptians were niggs?

ohmwrecker
12-30-2014, 12:24 PM
:cry Muh liberal guilt isn't washing off onto others!!!! :cry

Explain how anything I say is coming from a position of guilt, you celebutard Italian douche twink loving faggot.

ohmwrecker
12-30-2014, 12:27 PM

A black Tarzan?

White guys can't....

Dude:rolleyes

That doesn't explain why a black actor can't play Bond.

Avante
12-30-2014, 12:36 PM
That doesn't explain why a black actor can't play Bond.

You ever see a cover of a James Bond novel?

Dude, James Boind is white...ok?

ohmwrecker
12-30-2014, 12:39 PM
You ever see a cover of a James Bond novel?

Dude, James Boind is white...ok?

There is nothing about that character that requires him to be white.

Avante
12-30-2014, 12:43 PM
There is nothing about that character that requires him to be white.

How many British Secret Service Agents were black in the days of James Bond?

ohmwrecker
12-30-2014, 12:45 PM
How many British Secret Service Agents were black in the days of James Bond?

All the movies and books have been set in their current time.

Avante
12-30-2014, 12:54 PM

That makes no difference, the facts are that James Bond was written in 1953, there were no black British secret service agents. The fact we see him in modern settings means nothing. That doesn't change who he is at all.

Ian Fleming the daddy of James Bond never meant for him to be a black man, that should be obvious. A black man with white women in 1953...?????????????

You can't take legendary/iconic characters out of literature and simply do what you want. That's like making Fu Manchu an Iowa farmer.

Shaft...a white guy, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohmwrecker
12-30-2014, 12:57 PM
That makes no difference, the facts are that James Bond was written in 1953, there were no black British secret service agents. The fact we see him in modern settings means nothing. That doesn't change who he is at all.

Ian Fleming the daddy of James Bond never meant for him to be a black man, that should be obvious. A black man with white women in 1953...?????????????

By that logic, James Bond should be played by a 90 year old actor. The movies aren't set in 1953, dummy.

ChumpDumper
12-30-2014, 01:16 PM
How many British Secret Service Agents were black in the days of James Bond?How many of them do you know?

ChumpDumper
12-30-2014, 01:18 PM
That makes no difference, the facts are that James Bond was written in 1953, there were no black British secret service agents.How do you know?

The fact we see him in modern settings means nothing. That doesn't change who he is at all. Of course it does.

Infinite_limit
12-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Even in 2014, it's highly unlikely a Black could infiltrate an elite organization. He would stick out like a sore thumb. Usually the Bond story lines involve businessmen and politicians. Unless it's sports or drugs, blacks aren't involved.

You'd have to make the film plot line revolve around Africa or Brazil. Everywhere else in the World, the mobsters would instantly ask: "Who the fuck is the black guy"

Pauly D
12-30-2014, 02:51 PM
^bottom line right there tbh. We already suspend disbelief on a lot of the action, now we'd have to extend it to the main character?

ChumpDumper
12-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Even in 2014, it's highly unlikely a Black could infiltrate an elite organization. He would stick out like a sore thumb. Usually the Bond story lines involve businessmen and politicians. Unless it's sports or drugs, blacks aren't involved.CROFL

:cry I believe in this stereotyping because of all the other stereotyping I believe! :cry

mingus
12-30-2014, 04:52 PM
Hell if a white guy can play Jesus I don't know why white people are all up in arms

ohmwrecker
12-30-2014, 10:17 PM
Even in 2014, it's highly unlikely a Black could infiltrate an elite organization. He would stick out like a sore thumb. Usually the Bond story lines involve businessmen and politicians. Unless it's sports or drugs, blacks aren't involved.

You'd have to make the film plot line revolve around Africa or Brazil. Everywhere else in the World, the mobsters would instantly ask: "Who the fuck is the black guy"

You're a fucking moron.

ohmwrecker
12-30-2014, 10:25 PM
^bottom line right there tbh. We already suspend disbelief on a lot of the action, now we'd have to extend it to the main character?

Life must be very difficult for you.

lefty
12-30-2014, 10:26 PM
:lol

Avante
12-30-2014, 10:33 PM
By that logic, James Bond should be played by a 90 year old actor. The movies aren't set in 1953, dummy.

I'll go slow dummy....

James Bond is a well know literary character....ok ya with me stupid? He has a a history as does all literary characters. Sure he can be transported into a modern setting but that doesn't change who he is, let me guess...zooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm.

You do not take legendary/iconic literary characters and change who they are. I knew you were stupid but ...damn!!!!!

ohmwrecker
12-30-2014, 10:53 PM
Changing skin color is changing the character? OK...

Trill Clinton
12-30-2014, 10:54 PM
surprised overrated james bond got a 4 page thread.

Trill Clinton
12-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Hell if a white guy can play Jesus I don't know why white people are all up in arms

people were all up in arms about that too

ChumpDumper
12-30-2014, 10:56 PM
I'll go slow dummy....

James Bond is a well know literary character....ok ya with me stupid? He has a a history as does all literary characters. Sure he can be transported into a modern setting but that doesn't change who he is, let me guess...zooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm.

You do not take legendary/iconic literary characters and change who they are. I knew you were stupid but ...damn!!!!!http://static.thecia.com.au/reviews/d/dr-dolittle-2-11.jpg
The doctor and the bear confer about just how dumb you are.

Avante
12-30-2014, 11:01 PM

If you really think the only difference between black and white is skin color, I can't help ya.

Wow~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So in your world this could be black guys, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is4WK99hPcg

mingus
12-30-2014, 11:19 PM
people were all up in arms about that too

I must've missed it. In about every picture from western society Jesus is portrayed as a white dude when he was actually Mexican

Infinite_limit
12-31-2014, 01:06 AM
Knowing the character in the book was 1/2 British & 1/2 Scottish. It's impossible for a Black individual to be that. So you'd have to explain how his recent ancestors ended up in North Europe or how he was a adopted child etc

It just doesn't add up for a Secret Agent

ChumpDumper
12-31-2014, 01:43 AM
Knowing the character in the book was 1/2 British & 1/2 Scottish. It's impossible for a Black individual to be that. So you'd have to explain how his recent ancestors ended up in North Europe or how he was a adopted child etcWhy would anyone have to explain why a British dude is black in a movie?

ohmwrecker
12-31-2014, 01:49 AM
It's just a fucking movie. If this is a big deal for you, then you are too sad and stupid to live.

Infinite_limit
12-31-2014, 01:55 AM
Why would anyone have to explain why a British dude is black in a movie?
It's impossible for a black individual to be 1/2 British and 1/2 Scottish

ChumpDumper
12-31-2014, 01:59 AM
It's impossible for a black individual to be 1/2 British and 1/2 ScottishCROFL

Nomenclature fail and false premise aside, why would his exact genome be important in a movie?

Infinite_limit
12-31-2014, 02:03 AM
CROFL

Nomenclature fail and false premise aside, why would his exact genome be important in a movie?
Because it's James Bond and people watch for the corky British aspects of it. There are countless other films with Non-British secret agents. Why the need to make this one just like the others?

They didn't put those two White stiffs in Bad Boys 3. They made a film called Jump Street.

ChumpDumper
12-31-2014, 02:06 AM
Because it's James Bond and people watch for the corky British aspects of it.Why would his skin color make him less corky British?

Infinite_limit
12-31-2014, 02:18 AM
Why would his skin color make him less corky British?
I want the pure version: native. And this applies with all regions of the Globe. When I see white washed individuals playing exotic roles, I laugh.

lefty
12-31-2014, 02:25 AM
I want the pure version: native. And this applies with all regions of the Globe. When I see white washed individuals playing exotic roles, I laugh.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/45489ddb090ef5dd0e9c53bf4c0717f3/tumblr_mjd2pixaVN1qh7is7o1_500.gif

ChumpDumper
12-31-2014, 02:28 AM
I want the pure version: native.And what makes one a native, specifically?

Infinite_limit
12-31-2014, 02:38 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/45489ddb090ef5dd0e9c53bf4c0717f3/tumblr_mjd2pixaVN1qh7is7o1_500.gif
If you had no idea who he was, you'd figure Puetro Rican

Infinite_limit
12-31-2014, 02:40 AM
And what makes one a native, specifically?
Lack of other regions in the bloodline

ChumpDumper
12-31-2014, 02:43 AM
Lack of other regions in the bloodlineHow can that be proved for each actor?

What difference does that make in the movie?

Infinite_limit
12-31-2014, 02:46 AM
How can that be proved for each actor?

What difference does that make in the movie?
Black is such an extreme to European White. Middle Easterner wouldn't be so drastic. Or a Black actor playing a historic South American role

ChumpDumper
12-31-2014, 02:51 AM
Black is such an extreme to European White. Middle Easterner wouldn't be so drastic. Or a Black actor playing a historic South American roleThere have been substantial populations of blacks in Britain since the 1600s.

Not so extreme after all.

Pauly D
12-31-2014, 02:54 AM
There have been substantial populations of blacks in Britain since the 1600s.

Not so extreme after all.

agree or disagree, you know what he's fucking talking about. Stop trying to be cute

ChumpDumper
12-31-2014, 02:59 AM
agree or disagree, you know what he's fucking talking about. Stop trying to be cuteNo, I don't know what he's fucking talking about.

Maybe you can take a crack at trying to explain the importance of a racially pure actor's playing a fictional character in a movie, and how that purity is verified and manifests itself onscreen.

Spurminator
12-31-2014, 10:23 AM
The difference between Daniel Craig and Brosnon/Moore is wider than the difference between Craig and Elba would be.

Avante
12-31-2014, 10:40 AM
I can't believe we are even talking about this. You can't mess with Sherlock Holmes, Sam Spade, Jack Reacher, Philip Marlowe, Perry Mason because of some movie. Those are white characters, and it stops there. You can't have a black guy play Fu Manchu, Thulsa Doom, Moriarity, Lex Luthor, The Joker. No more than a white guy can play John Henry, Shaft, Alex Cross.

So they make another King Kong. This time Ann is a black chick, that's not going to work. Hell, make the natives....white.....hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They finally bring Michael Moorcocks Elric of Melniborn the albino prince with his runsword Stormbringer to the silver screen, Elric is black, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on people stop acting retarded, ok?

James Bond is known world wide, he's an icon. You can't make him an American, put glasses on him, make him a short Chinaman, a Samoan, a Cherokee or a black guy.

mrsmaalox
12-31-2014, 11:17 AM
The black version of The Wizard of Oz was quite successful and is still very popular. You guys who are insisting that literary accurateness must be transferred to the film world don't have a problem with racebending when white actors play every possible ethnicity? I think you all are missing the point of acting and just like being spoonfed whatever Hollywood decides will make them more money.

But as far as James Bond goes, Idris Elba is every bit as capable as any of the modern film Bonds; but Bond isn't my cup of tea so I wouldn't watch no matter what color the actor playing him is.

Avante
12-31-2014, 11:30 AM
The black version of The Wizard of Oz was quite successful and is still very popular. You guys who are insisting that literary accurateness must be transferred to the film world don't have a problem with racebending when white actors play every possible ethnicity? I think you all are missing the point of acting and just like being spoonfed whatever Hollywood decides will make them more money.

But as far as James Bond goes, Idris Elba is every bit as capable as any of the modern film Bonds; but Bond isn't my cup of tea so I wouldn't watch no matter what color the actor playing him is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBb9hTyLjfM

Like to see Hollywood remake Stormy Weather using a white cast.

Avante
12-31-2014, 11:36 AM
When they remake Gone With The Wind, why won't an all white cast work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAV3OfHo4n4

mrsmaalox
12-31-2014, 11:38 AM
Hollywood takes liberties with literature all the damn time; anyone who has read a book then seen the movie knows this. But it's skin colors they MUST remain true to?

Avante
12-31-2014, 12:10 PM
Hollywood takes liberties with literature all the damn time; anyone who has read a book then seen the movie knows this. But it's skin colors they MUST remain true to?

That's right, and we all know the differences between blacks and whites goes far deeper than skin color. Ever see a white guy try and sing about slavery? A black guy singing rockabilly?

Some things are simply what they are, and if you want it realistic you keep it as it is. Try another remake of King Kong using a 4 foot chimp......good luck! Remake Mice and Men making Lenny a Harvard grad.

lefty
12-31-2014, 12:23 PM
Idris Elba played the whitest Asgardian, Heimdall

He did a good job tbh

A good actor is a good actor, period.

So I'm all for Elba playing Bond tbh

ChumpDumper
12-31-2014, 12:34 PM

He did a good job tbh

So I'm all for Elba playing Bond tbhlol Avante just got shat on.

Hey Avante -- remember when Philip Marlowe was a shlumpy Jewish guy?

Cinderella and her godmother discuss Avante's strange madness:

https://38.media.tumblr.com/e0daf0cbaa99819073936b5815c08c53/tumblr_my6ljr8vMg1qd87w4o1_250.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/71b8a1152eec4957d3083daeb8886548/tumblr_my6ljr8vMg1qd87w4o2_250.gif

ChumpDumper
12-31-2014, 12:49 PM
Some things are simply what they are, and if you want it realistic you keep it as it is.Because James Bond is all about realism.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YtZPmRQp_FI/T8-Gy47HhNI/AAAAAAAAEW0/BhlRGvm9-wM/s1600/Moonraker-space-battle-astronauts-lazer-guns.png

http://filmdump.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/die-another-day-2.jpg

http://prettycleverfilms.com/files/2013/05/the-world-is-not-enough-denise-richard1.jpg
The ID badge reads "PhD"

Infinite_limit
12-31-2014, 01:05 PM
black James Bond over my dead body

ChumpDumper
12-31-2014, 01:11 PM
black James Bond over my dead bodylol impotent rage

Infinite_limit
12-31-2014, 01:39 PM
Target store isn't stupid

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/141230131223-target-annie-in-store-620xa.jpg

lefty
12-31-2014, 01:46 PM
lol impotent rage
:lol finally a James Bond with a big cawk

Infinite_limit
12-31-2014, 01:51 PM
:lol finally a James Bond with a big cawk
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/ZEbh0aC_zpsf61a30a8.png

Trill Clinton
12-31-2014, 02:02 PM
^^

yo that is wild homo. what is it with you white supremacists and dicks? dicks, blacks, jews, dicks, dicks, blacks, is all y'all weirdo's think about.

Infinite_limit
12-31-2014, 02:04 PM
^^

yo that is wild homo. what is it with you white supremacists and dicks? dicks, blacks, jews, dicks, dicks, blacks, is all y'all weirdo's think about.
Lefty brought it up, I simply supplied the counter evidence

lefty
12-31-2014, 02:07 PM
"counter evidence" :lol

Jacob1983
12-31-2014, 11:21 PM
Stringer Bell as Bond would be bad ass.

Brazil
01-02-2015, 11:00 AM

He did a good job tbh

So I'm all for Elba playing Bond tbh

:tu

If Elba is capable to play a mythological character inspired by Vikings (you cannot whitter than vikings tbh), he is capable to play Bond.

bigzak25
01-02-2015, 01:20 PM
I haven't given a shit about bond since casino royale, so they can do whatever they want.

mingus
01-02-2015, 02:21 PM
No, I don't know what he's fucking talking about.

Maybe you can take a crack at trying to explain the importance of a racially pure actor's playing a fictional character in a movie, and how that purity is verified and manifests itself onscreen.

Its not important to him as long as whites aren't the ones getting the shaft. Where was the outrage over white actor playing Jesus (and not to mention Mary)--that's just one example. Another one is Argo--the lead's real name was Antonio Mendez, a mexican-American. Lol Ben Affleck gets to play him. And these are REAL people. Way worse than changing a fictionalized story.

Personally, I don't think the casting of him will be anywhere near as controversial as who and what race will play the Bond girl. There are not many movies with interracial lovers (more specifically with black male and white female), the few that do are probably under the radar.

Avante
01-03-2015, 01:37 AM
A black Superman
A black Dick Tracy
A black Kothar
A black Captain Ahab
A black Dusty Fog
A black Kyrik
A black Batman & Robin
A black Frankenstein
A black Mr. Magoo
A black Wonder Woman
A black Thongor
A black Submariner
A black Sinbad
A black Solomon Kane
A black Venus
A black John Jones the Martian Manhunter
A blacl Green Arrow
A black Captain Kidd
A black Don Juan
A black King Kull
A black Thor
A black Apollo
A black John Carter
A black The Hulk
A black The Fantastic Four
A black Space Ghost
A black Achilles
A black Zorro
A black Roland
A black Tinker Bell
A black Yosemite Sam
A black Kane
A black Oron

only a complete fool would think that would work.

ChumpDumper
01-03-2015, 02:06 AM
A black The Fantastic FourI got some bad news for you, honky.

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/spencer-cannes16/octavia-spencer-michael-b-jordan-fruitvale-station-at-cannes-04.jpg

ChumpDumper
01-03-2015, 02:10 AM
A black Superman

A black Wonder WomanI've got some bad news for you, honky.

http://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/black-superman-obama-birther-controversy.jpg

ChumpDumper
01-03-2015, 02:19 AM
A black BatmanI've got some bad news for you, honky.

http://worldofblackheroes.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/batwing-0-1.jpg

ChumpDumper
01-03-2015, 02:28 AM
A black SubmarinerIsn't that guy Asian anyway?

Regardless -- close enough:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9572/brightestday1600a.jpg

ChumpDumper
01-03-2015, 02:33 AM
A black Sinbadhttp://cdn.blackenterprise.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/05/sinbad-files-for-bankruptcy-black-enterprise.jpg

But if you're going to be pissy about it:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mFAZvjdDCJE/UYZlPe_1QPI/AAAAAAABxIg/w_4HE3w24tw/s640/sinbad-syfy-tv-showi.jpg

Infinite_limit
01-03-2015, 02:35 AM
Blackman the Super Hero

http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/i/newscms/2014_33/620796/f_surv_ferguson_140815_fc4b4377e4f790941ed2809c99d 5d7b9.jpg

Infinite_limit
01-03-2015, 02:36 AM
Here he is in his superhero car

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--8D270eA4--/18nc4ov6gy0eqjpg.jpg

ChumpDumper
01-03-2015, 02:39 AM
A black Venushttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/Black_Venus.jpg

ChumpDumper
01-03-2015, 02:40 AM
A black John Jones the Martian Manhunterhttp://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/zoozone/TVPROPC-05.jpg

Infinite_limit
01-03-2015, 02:43 AM
The comic book

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Slaves_ruvuma.jpg

ChumpDumper
01-03-2015, 02:47 AM
A black ThorYou do know he's a woman now, right?

Anyway, close enough as mentioned:

http://www.geekquality.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/IdrisElbaHeimdall.jpg

ChumpDumper
01-03-2015, 02:50 AM
A black Apollo.http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/404385/resized_notapollol-meme-generator-i-m-not-apollo-creed-and-you-re-a-racist-76fd78.jpg

Infinite_limit
01-03-2015, 03:05 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Ghetto_7d3769_1720320.jpg

ChumpDumper
01-03-2015, 03:07 AM
A black The Hulkhttp://www.4thletter.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/uavnu2.jpg