PDA

View Full Version : Are you scared of OKC yet?

Uriel
12-25-2014, 05:04 PM
At home, after two days off, against a Durant-less Thunder, and we still manage to lose.

Yet, Spurs fans, with all their bluster and arrogance, continue to brush off OKC as a threat, as if they weren't one Serge Ibaka injury away from winning that series against us last year.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-25-2014, 05:05 PM
No. We didn't have Kawhi in all our regular season games against them last year. When we do, easy elimination

timtonymanu
12-25-2014, 05:05 PM
No Kawhi/Boris/Patty. Not worried here.

ElNono
12-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Nope

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Uriel is such a bad poster :lol

UZER
12-25-2014, 05:07 PM
Sucks to lose today, but c'mon man. Nobody's afraid of anyone. They're all millionaires.

BatManu20
12-25-2014, 05:08 PM
First meltdown thread of the day. I expect at least a couple more, tbh.

Southwest Texas Fan
12-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Not worried at all.

Brunodf
12-25-2014, 05:09 PM
No, we missed 2 of our 4 most important players against OKC...

TD/Tony/Green were bad.

Belineli played big minutes.

ThundeRefs with a 15-20 points swing

Pop rotations were bad, should've kept the bench in the 4th...Played Tony/Belineli/Bonner together :bang

spursparker9
Unless OKC is in the top 4 seeds and meet us in the first round

KaiRMD1
Why? Because they won a game in the regular season?

Horse
Fuck no

Mugen
We da champs.....

HI-FI
12-25-2014, 05:10 PM
OP is such a massive faggot and troll.

the only thing I fear about them is the league's hard on for the Thunder. Last thing they want is for Durant and Westbrook to bolt, thereby creating another painful rebuild, so they'll continue to be a ref and media darling.

timtonymanu
12-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Oh, OP needs to shove rocks up his libtard ass.

Chomag
12-25-2014, 05:12 PM
No, we missed 2 of our 4 most important players against OKC...

TD/Tony/Green were bad.

Belineli played big minutes.

ThundeRefs with a 15-20 points swing

Pop rotations were bad, should've kept the bench in the 4th...Played Tony/Belineli/Bonner together :bang

Nope OKC MVP not missing at all here...

Not disagreeing with you just saying if your going to play this card you cant leave out that Durant is missing. Last time I checked he was not just a scrub player to not count.

boutons_deux
12-25-2014, 05:12 PM
At home, after two days off, against a Durant-less Thunder, and we still manage to lose.

Yet, Spurs fans, with all their bluster and arrogance, continue to brush off OKC as a threat, as if they weren't one Serge Ibaka injury away from winning that series against us last year.

GFY

Malik Hairston
12-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Only team in the league to fear this year, as many of us have been saying..this game didn't mean anything, though..

Have to hope Westbrook wears himself out from carrying them, tbh..

Brunodf
12-25-2014, 05:16 PM
Nope OKC MVP not missing at all here...

Not disagreeing with you just saying if your going to play this card you cant leave out that Durant is missing. Last time I checked he was not just a scrub player to not count.
Still, Thunder shot season high 3s without Durant, their role players played well, he wasn't missed this game, i would rather have Kawhi and Durant back against OKC than both missing

Godbama
12-25-2014, 05:16 PM
Without Kawhi? Yeah, of course. With Kawhi, healthy us versus healthy them? Nah.

wildchild
12-25-2014, 05:17 PM
Uriel still thinks Kawhi is a role player on this team...

3W 5L record this season without him.

Nathan89
12-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Mostly concerned about our health. Okc is dangerous though.

Uriel
12-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Right. I'm such a bad poster for not being oblivious to reality. Wake up.

I don't write what Spurs fans want to read. I merely point out facts, regardless of how disturbing they are and how uncomfortable it may make people.

ElNono
12-25-2014, 05:19 PM
We da champs.....

:lobt2:

SpursFan86
12-25-2014, 05:20 PM
"Scared"? Nah. I definitely have a healthy respect for them though and realize they have the ability to beat us in a playoff series. I'd pick a fully healthy SA team over a fully healthy OKC team, but that doesn't mean I'm just going to brush off OKC and say they're a non-issue in the playoffs.

Uriel
12-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Uriel still thinks Kawhi is a role player on this team...

3W 5L record this season without him.
The definition of a role player is extricated from their talent level. I've been saying all along Kawhi is the 2nd best player on our team. He's a role player, not because he's not good enough to be a star (clearly, he is), but because Pop plays him in such a way that he is relegated to that position for the time being.

Dverde
12-25-2014, 05:21 PM
I think they won't get to the conference finals. They might be able to beat the Spurs, but I think there are other teams that will beat them

timtonymanu
12-25-2014, 05:22 PM
I'm sure everyone is aware that OKC is a tough matchup. Only that tmtcsc poster seems to think it's an easy matchup.

But :lol @ OP for failing to acknowledge that the Spurs were without their best player plus two key role players.

Uriel
12-25-2014, 05:23 PM
Oh, OP needs to shove rocks up his libtard ass.
Thank you for your substantive contribution to this intellectual basketball discussion.

timtonymanu
12-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Thank you for your substantive contribution to this intellectual basketball discussion.

Sure thing. In the meantime, keep starting these shitty threads. Potential bump material in the future.

RD2191
12-25-2014, 05:24 PM
OP can't even a deliver on Christmas. Miracles my ass.

Uriel
12-25-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm sure everyone is aware that OKC is a tough matchup. Only that tmtsc poster seems to think it's an easy matchup.

But :lol @ OP for failing to acknowledge that the Spurs were without their best player plus two key role players.
I'm not failing to acknowledge that. But you're drawing up a false equivalence. Sure, we were without Patty / Boris / Kawhi. But OKC was without Durant, the MVP of the freaking NBA. The magnitude of their loss is far greater than that of ours, yet, we still managed to lose this game.

Does this not concern you?

FkLA
12-25-2014, 05:26 PM
Pretty sure anyone with a normal sized brain sees OKC as the biggest obstacle b/w the Spurs and a repeat, OP. Not sure who you are directing this at tbh.

midnightpulp
12-25-2014, 05:26 PM
Have no idea if I'm scared of them this season, since neither team has matched up fully healthy.

timtonymanu
12-25-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm not failing to acknowledge that. But you're drawing up a false equivalence. Sure, we were without Patty / Boris / Kawhi. But OKC was without Durant, the MVP of the freaking NBA. The magnitude of their loss is far greater than that of ours, yet, we still managed to lose this game.

The Spurs are a rare team. They need all their core guys playing well to go far. You should know this.

This is just as stupid as your :cry preseason struggles :cry thread.

Arcadian
12-25-2014, 05:28 PM

Kawhi is the MVP of the freaking Finals. That's equivalent.

Brunodf
12-25-2014, 05:28 PM

:lmao Durant is not worth what Kawhi alone is on this matchup

Uriel
12-25-2014, 05:29 PM
Pretty sure anyone with a normal sized brain sees OKC as the biggest obstacle b/w the Spurs and a repeat, OP. Not sure who you are directing this at tbh.
Read the game thread, and watch the multitude of arrogant Spurs fans offhandedly dismissing OKC as a threat.

Chomag
12-25-2014, 05:30 PM
Scared no, but I do recognize them as one of the biggest threats against the Spurs this year.

Fireball
12-25-2014, 05:30 PM
I am scared of everyone and everything ... OKC, Houston, anybody ... being scared only stopped shortly after the end of game 5 of the Finals.

tlongII
12-25-2014, 05:31 PM
OKC isn't a threat. But neither are the Spurs. I'm not scared at all. The only teams with a shot are Golden Stae, Memphis, Houston, and us.

RD2191
I'm scared of the refs. They've carried OKC for 4 seasons now.

midnightpulp
The Spurs are still the best team in the league when completely healthy/motivated.

My concerns with this team are the obvious injury troubles and the fact someone is always "resting."

Poop better play his full complement tomorrow (sans Kawhi, since his injury is legit).

They can't afford to give away any more games.

Malik Hairston
12-25-2014, 05:33 PM
OKC isn't a threat. But neither are the Spurs. I'm not scared at all. The only teams with a shot are Golden Stae, Memphis, Houston, and us.

You literally just named all the pretenders in the West:lol..

Uriel
12-25-2014, 05:33 PM
The Spurs are a rare team. They need all their core guys playing well to go far. You should know this.

This is just as stupid as your :cry preseason struggles :cry thread.
Of course I know that. But at the same time, OKC is also heavily star-reliant, and losing their best player also debilitates them. You should know that as well.

I pointed out in that thread that the team was suffering from a litany of problems that could carry over into the regular season, while most people here (including you) arrogantly proclaimed that we were still the favorite to finish with the top overall seed. Fast forward to December 25, and the Spurs are 18-12 and the 7 seed in the West. I would hardly call that a stupid thread.

Chomag
12-25-2014, 05:35 PM
The Spurs are still the best team in the league when completely healthy/motivated.

My concerns with this team are the obvious injury troubles and the fact someone is always "resting."

Poop better play his full complement tomorrow (sans Kawhi, since his injury is legit).

They can't afford to give away any more games.

Gotta agree spurs cant get into a good groove be it health or certain players resting all the time. All this resting early season might cause the Spurs to have to go all out in the second half and I think I would have rather seen the spurs resting a bit and be fresh right before the playoffs rather then the beginning of the season.

timtonymanu
12-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Of course I know that. But at the same time, OKC is also heavily star-reliant, and losing their best player also debilitates them. You should know that as well.

I pointed out in that thread that the team was suffering from a litany of problems that could carry over into the regular season, while most people here (including you) arrogantly proclaimed that we were still the favorite to finish with the top overall seed. Fast forward to December 25, and the Spurs are 18-12 and the 7 seed in the West. I would hardly call that a stupid thread.

:lol Link to where I said the Spurs would finish with the top seed?

I said when healthy, they are the best team in the league. They were suffering injuries in the preseason and you still cliff jumped like the little girl you are. It's so meaningless to take anything from this game when both teams aren't even healthy. For someone that likes to pretend that they're so intellectual, you're pretty fucking stupid.

RD2191
12-25-2014, 05:36 PM
You literally just named all the pretenders in the West:lol..
Memphis is a contender, imo. Need a bit more shooting but I'd put the above Roxs, Dubs, Clips, Blazers .

Uriel
Kawhi is the MVP of the freaking Finals. That's equivalent.
No, it's not. Kawhi won that award on the basis of what he accomplished in 3 Games (Games 3-5). Durant won it on the basis of what he accomplished over the course of an 82-has regular season.

TheGreatYacht
Portland had a full squad and lost to Minnesota's bench :lol

FkLA
12-25-2014, 05:38 PM
Read the game thread, and watch the multitude of arrogant Spurs fans offhandedly dismissing OKC as a threat.

Nobody with a normal sized brain would dismiss them. You feeling the need to call those retards out is almost as bad as their dismissive comments tbh.

spurs10
12-25-2014, 05:38 PM
I don't think the Spurs are scared of them. I think they hate them as much as we do and that's why we usually win in the end. They haven't done shit. They wet the bed really well in 12, but that's their zenith so far. We beat them in six games without our starting point guard. They are the ones chasing us and played like it.

Uriel
12-25-2014, 05:39 PM
:lol Link to where I said the Spurs would finish with the top seed?

I said when healthy, they are the best team in the league. They were suffering injuries in the preseason and you still cliff jumped like the little girl you are. It's so meaningless to take anything from this game when both teams aren't even healthy. For someone that likes to pretend that they're so intellectual, you're pretty fucking stupid.
Look, I'm not going to get into a petty internet fight with an anonymous poster. That's beneath me. But you should know that if you want to contribute substantively to an intellectual basketball discussion, you ought make use of logic, evidence, and reason, rather than merely hurling insults.

Godbama
12-25-2014, 05:44 PM
LOL, Blazers fans getting big heads because of the regular season (after all, you're not too familiar with much else), I love it. it's gonna make the playoffs so much more fun. you guys really tested the Spurs last year lmao

RD2191
12-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Look, I'm not going to get into a petty internet fight with an anonymous poster. That's beneath me. But you should know that if you want to contribute substantively to an intellectual basketball discussion, you ought make use of logic, evidence, and reason, rather than merely hurling insults.
ttm would destroy you with his basketball knowledge. I seriously hope you're a troll.

RD2191
:lmao

spurtech09
No. We didn't have Kawhi in all our regular season games against them last year. When we do, easy eliminationwell didn't watch the game but I have to agree with you....Kawhi is a best defender

look_at_g_shred
12-25-2014, 05:48 PM
No. Westbrook will have more bad games than good in the playoffs. He'll shoot his team out of games.

TheGreatYacht
12-25-2014, 05:48 PM
LOL, Blazers fans getting big heads because of the regular season (after all, you're not too familiar with much else), I love it. it's gonna make the playoffs so much more fun. you guys really tested the Spurs last year lmao
Give em a break lol
:( Oden
:( Durant
:( Brandon Roy
:( Sam Bowie

RD2191
12-25-2014, 05:49 PM
No. Westbrook will have more bad games than good in the playoffs. He'll shoot his team out of games.
True. DG will also be on him with Kawhi back.

spurtech09
12-25-2014, 05:50 PM
OKC isn't a threat. But neither are the Spurs. I'm not scared at all. The only teams with a shot are Golden Stae, Memphis, Houston, and us.yeah you sure were confident last yr when the blazers were playing good ball last yr.......than everything went down hil....same thing will happen this yr....blazers are not contenders but pretenders

timtonymanu
12-25-2014, 05:51 PM
ttm would destroy you with his basketball knowledge. I seriously hope you're a troll.

:lol wants me to contribute to his :cry intellectual basketball discussion but starts retarded threads. I get more knowledge reading one of Cat's threads, tbh.

RD2191
12-25-2014, 05:52 PM
:lol wants me to contribute to his :cry intellectual basketball discussion but starts retarded threads. I get more knowledge reading one of Cat's threads, tbh.

Uriel
12-25-2014, 05:52 PM
Oh, and one more point:

To all the people saying, " :cry But neither team was healthy, therefore, this game is meaningless. :cry "

You need only turn that statement on its head to see how ridiculous it is. If the Spurs had won this game without Kawhi / Mills / Boris, can you imagine any Spurs fan saying that the outcome was meaningless?

Didn't think so.

timtonymanu
12-25-2014, 05:55 PM
All regular season games are meaningless.

Only "intellectuals" like Uriel think they impact playoff performances.

tlongII
12-25-2014, 05:56 PM
yeah you sure were confident last yr when the blazers were playing good ball last yr.......than everything went down hil....same thing will happen this yr....blazers are not contenders but pretenders

We are better this year than we were last year.

spurtech09
12-25-2014, 05:58 PM
We are better this year than we were last year.LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RD2191
12-25-2014, 05:59 PM
TlongII would make a great comedian.

r0drig0lac
12-25-2014, 06:00 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

wildchild
12-25-2014, 06:01 PM
He's a role player, not because he's not good enough to be a star (clearly, he is), but because Pop plays him in such a way that he is relegated to that position for the time being.

You said "I merely point out facts, regardless of how disturbing they are and how uncomfortable it may make people."

"Spurs fans, with all their bluster and arrogance..." isn't a fact, is a personal appreciation which shows a destructive
attitude.
Like your "Kawhi is just a role player".

That isn't a fact, the real fact -based on usage percentage in last finals- says we didn't win a title with him playing as role player.
Another fact? This really bad season record without him, even with the Big 3 healthy now.

I don't want argue with you what you said or not about Kawhi in game-threads but sometimes it's good to have a good memory and not just a selective memory like you.

Uriel
In your posts in this thread, you committed the following logical fallacies:
1. False equivalence
2. Poisoning the well
3. Ad hominem

While also succumbing to the following cognitive bias:
1. Ingroup bias

If you really think you're half as intelligent as you say you are, why don't you actually post a well-though out, carefully reasoned, and evidence-based argument, rather than merely insulting the opposition and hoping people flock to your side of the table?

ElNono
Oh, and one more point:

To all the people saying, " :cry But neither team was healthy, therefore, this game is meaningless. :cry "

You need only turn that statement on its head to see how ridiculous it is. If the Spurs had won this game without Kawhi / Mills / Boris, can you imagine any Spurs fan saying that the outcome was meaningless?

Didn't think so.

:lol I don't know about Spursfan, but Pop pretty much did when he sat down Boris, Patty and Khawi... I'm sure all those guys would've played if it was the playoffs...

Aremid
12-25-2014, 06:02 PM
We are better this year than we were last year.

That Chris Kaman addition really put you guys over the top.

spurtech09
12-25-2014, 06:03 PM
That Chris Kaman addition really put you guys over the top.lol

Uriel
12-25-2014, 06:04 PM
All regular season games are meaningless.

Only "intellectuals" like Uriel think they impact playoff performances.

By your logic, why not scrap the entire regular season then? Hell, why not put Philadelphia in the playoffs because their regular season record means nothing anyway.

Uriel
12-25-2014, 06:07 PM
You said "I merely point out facts, regardless of how disturbing they are and how uncomfortable it may make people."

"Spurs fans, with all their bluster and arrogance..." isn't a fact, is a personal appreciation which shows a destructive
attitude.
Like your "Kawhi is just a role player".

That isn't a fact, the real fact -based on usage percentage in last finals- says we didn't win a title with him playing as role player.
Another fact? This really bad season record without him, even with the Big 3 healthy now.

I don't want argue with you what you said or not about Kawhi in game-threads but sometimes it's good to have a good memory and not just a selective memory like you.
Okay, thank you. I acknowledge the merits of your post. I was mistaken in my assessment of Kawhi, and I acknowledge that (though to be fair, most of those posts were really just me trolling and with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek).

Thank you for making a substantive contribution to this thread (which is more than can be said for some people here).

tlongII
12-25-2014, 06:07 PM
That Chris Kaman addition really put you guys over the top.

Actually Kaman was a great addition.

midnightpulp
12-25-2014, 06:16 PM

The burden of proof really is on you here, since it was proven in last year's playoffs that the Spurs can beat OKC when "it counts."

You could cite the Ibaka injury, but there's nothing suggesting that the series would've unfolded differently had he played the first two games. The Spurs demolished them in Game 5 by roughly the same margin as games 1 and 2, and then won game 6 at Chesapeake, where they had something like a 12 game losing streak going. Ibaka played both games and didn't drop off at all from his normal production.

That said, the Thunder should be taken seriously with appropriate fear, especially now that Adams has found his groove in the starting lineup, which is a big boon for them not having to rely on Perkins for their post scoring/defense. Then you have "unknown" players like Perry Jones and Anthony Morrow who are potential threats.

Agloco
12-25-2014, 06:16 PM

If Ibaka, Adams and whoever wears #2 for them show up like they did today, yes.

Clipper Nation
12-25-2014, 06:17 PM
Urinel with the faggotry... such a libtard, ugh, tbh.

Aremid
12-25-2014, 06:21 PM
Actually Kaman was a great addition.

I know man! Chris Kaman makes the blazers look so scary! I don't even recognize them as the same team that got ass raped by the spurs last year. Best pickup of the offseason IMHO

T Park
12-25-2014, 06:29 PM

No KAwhi no Boris no Patty. But yeah keep being an Internet attention whore.

spurtech09
12-25-2014, 06:33 PM
No KAwhi no Boris no Patty. But yeah keep being an Internet attention whore.
Boris did not play? For what reason?

T Park
12-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Oh, and one more point:

Didn't think so.

Yeah those 4 regular season games really showed how important they were last year when, after your pointless rant showed they were the better team. A big win without Parker in their building, and a 35 point ass whipping at home. All with the saintly Serge Ibaka playing as well.

So stuff it.

99 Problems
12-25-2014, 06:36 PM
No.

T Park
Boris did not play? For what reason?

Mike Monroe speculated that he was sick by how he looked on the bench.

George Gervin's Afro
I'm scared.... of the lack of effort by some players...

100%duncan
12-25-2014, 06:52 PM
A healthy OKC will be the only team that has a chance against a healthy Spurs. That's reality.

Fearing them in december when both teams werent at full strenght is moronic bro. Were you afraid when they 4-0'd us last year?

Arcadian
12-25-2014, 06:57 PM
No, it's not. Kawhi won that award on the basis of what he accomplished in 3 Games (Games 3-5). Durant won it on the basis of what he accomplished over the course of an 82-has regular season.

Yet those 3 games were more important than those other 82 games combined. He also did it against the best player in the league. In doing so, he demonstrated that he is capable of being the best player on a championship team. Hence, he is equally important to the Spurs as Durant is to the Thunder.

benefactor
12-25-2014, 07:02 PM
http://imgur.com/bofwFe5.jpg

aal04
12-25-2014, 07:08 PM
Im worried of the 76ers if they shoot higher 3pm percentage than fg or ft.

timtonymanu
12-25-2014, 07:31 PM
1. False equivalence
2. Poisoning the well
3. Ad hominem

1. Ingroup bias

If you really think you're half as intelligent as you say you are, why don't you actually post a well-though out, carefully reasoned, and evidence-based argument, rather than merely insulting the opposition and hoping people flock to your side of the table?

Don't need hope that they flock to my side. Most of the post in this thread has people shitting on your bad takes. No amount of big vocabulary will save you, Urinal.

Godbama
12-25-2014, 07:33 PM
Give em a break lol
:( Oden
:( Durant
:( Brandon Roy
:( Sam Bowie
Yeah, and tbh the Jailblazers were always my second favorite team at the time after the Spurs. I just love seeing all these Blazers and Raptors fans this year getting so puffed up and salty over so little. :lol lil reg season success goes to people's heads.

apalisoc_9
12-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Don't need hope that they flock to my side. Most of the post in this thread has people shitting on your bad takes. No amount of big vocabulary will save you, Urinal.

:lol

Ice009
12-25-2014, 08:14 PM

I'm scared that you're a flat out pussy that is willing to curl up into the fetal position. Don't need fans like that for this team.

Clipper Nation
12-25-2014, 08:32 PM
1. False equivalence
2. Poisoning the well
3. Ad hominem

1. Ingroup bias

And you've succumbed to:
1. Faggotry

elemento
12-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Not really

Brooks is an idiot. He still gives Perkins a lot of minutes and instead of developing a young promising SG like Lamb, he prefers to give the starting job to Roberson. Roberson has ZERO offensive game. Dude has more airballs than 3s made and I am not even joking. SA will be able to hide Parker on him and they'll probably use DG on WB.

And that Adams guy, Pop could easily hack him. He is a 50% FT shooter. There are several ways to beat OKC. The only thing that concerns me are the REFs. They could take away our chance to peat. Today they were terrible and we're playing at home.

I am still taking a fully healthy Spurs over any team in the NBA.

tlongII
12-25-2014, 08:43 PM
I doubt you'll ever see a "fully healthy" Spurs team again.

Mugen
12-25-2014, 08:46 PM
I doubt you'll ever see a "fully healthy" Spurs team again.

:lol you would know too

Ice009
12-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Honesty, I don't ever want to side with Tlong, but you guys need to stop saying "fully healthy" Spurs team all the time. That hasn't happened yet this season and until it does, you need to stop bringing that up.

At the state the Spurs are in now, they have no shot. If they get healthy and actually start playing well again, then you can start talking about that. It just hasn't/isn't happening right now.

benefactor
12-25-2014, 08:48 PM
:lol

100%duncan
12-25-2014, 08:49 PM
:lol you would know too

rogues
12-25-2014, 08:55 PM
I respect OP's fear but he's such a huge faggot that I'm not surprised by said fear..

ElNono
12-25-2014, 08:58 PM
Cojo >>>> Lollard, tbqh

DMC
12-25-2014, 09:10 PM
If they had a coach they'd be dangerous. As it stands now they are just two heroes and a group of idiots. They'll have some successes but the LOB won't be one of them. If we lose to them in the playoffs we don't deserve to win either.

ViceCity86
12-25-2014, 09:30 PM
Thunder are better this season for the following
-Adams insertion in starting lineup.Perkins sucks ass.
-Roberson>Selfolosha
-Anthony Morrow.Much needed shooter.
-Perry Jones if he gets minutes.i think he,s a solid player,but Brooks.

I expect Spurs and Thunder in WCF if both teams are healthy and clicking.
Spurs in 7

Malik Hairston
12-25-2014, 09:36 PM
Thunder are better this season for the following
-Adams insertion in starting lineup.Perkins sucks ass.
-Roberson>Selfolosha
-Anthony Morrow.Much needed shooter.
-Perry Jones if he gets minutes.i think he,s a solid player,but Brooks.

I expect Spurs and Thunder in WCF if both teams are healthy and clicking.
Spurs in 7

Adams played 23 MPG vs. the Spurs in the playoffs, compared to 25 MPG overall this season..won't change much..

Roberson is shooting 14% from 3, he's an offense killer, tbh..

Morrow sucks overall..

Thunder are the same team as last year, they're the scariest matchup for the same reasons as last year..if Ibaka played all series, who knows what would have happened..

LakerHater
12-25-2014, 09:36 PM
Nah, only team that scares me is us!

Sean Cagney
12-25-2014, 09:46 PM

Right now that team is very scary to us as well :( Injuries and closing out games is their problem, a scary team right now indeed. If they are fully healthy and rolling they will be fine, but that needs to come together sooner or later for me to believe this team has a shot again.

ViceCity86
12-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Adams played 23 MPG vs. the Spurs in the playoffs, compared to 25 MPG overall this season..won't change much..

Roberson is shooting 14% from 3, he's an offense killer, tbh..

Morrow sucks overall..

Thunder are the same team as last year, they're the scariest matchup for the same reasons as last year..if Ibaka played all series, who knows what would have happened..

If Ibaka played all series long,same result.Thunder fans thought Ibaka slowed down toward end of series,even though iblocking/goaltending it seem every shot in 4 th quarter of game 6.He just regressed to his means.

SnakeBoy
12-25-2014, 09:59 PM

You mean the team Pop was talking about postgame...

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2014/12/25/141225postgamepopmp4-3473763

tmtcsc
12-25-2014, 10:12 PM
What exactly did OKC do to make anyone afraid? Play like they gave a shit? Spurs mailed it in for the most part with terrible D. Westbrick is relentless but the dude just took his normal shots. Spurs did a poor job on D and rebounding. You play like that and the Jazz, Nets or even Lakers can beat you. Not worried about them either.

J_Paco
12-25-2014, 10:35 PM

Quoted for truth................

Budkin
12-25-2014, 10:39 PM
I always have the appropriate fear of that team, but when we're both healthy, we're just better.

Agloco
12-25-2014, 10:55 PM

pgardn
12-25-2014, 10:58 PM
If we are missing Leonard and Mills without Parker able to work his way back into playing mode, hell yes.
We have got to be fully healthy entering the playoffs; More than any other team, as we must go deeper into the bench more than any other team.

Clipper Nation
12-26-2014, 12:02 AM
I respect OP's fear but he's such a huge faggot that I'm not surprised by said fear..

:lol Why are liberals all such faggots, tbh?

mkurts
12-26-2014, 02:33 AM
Scared of Scotty Brooks OKC ? Hmmmm

Mr Bones
12-26-2014, 02:48 AM
The West is incredibly deep and talented. It would be silly not to take any of the top 8 or 9 teams in the west, along with Atlanta, Toronto, Washington, and Cleveland, seriously. Not taking opponents seriously is what trash-talking amateurs do, not what professional champions do.

Johnny RIngo
12-26-2014, 03:05 AM
No, but I think Parker is. He's been getting outplayed by Russell for quite some time now.

look_at_g_shred
12-26-2014, 09:03 AM
If we would've won yesterday, there would be talk of "I still don't think we can beat a healthy thunder team" or " we barely won without kd playing we're doomed" lol

exstatic
12-26-2014, 10:09 AM
If we would've won yesterday, there would be talk of "I still don't think we can beat a healthy thunder team" or " we barely won without kd playing we're doomed" lol

Co-signed. There are just people who are scurred all the time. The glass is always half empty.

dbreiden83080
12-26-2014, 10:44 AM
I'm scared of our record in general 18-12 and another 4 hard games coming in a row.. If we don't get healthy we may barely win 50 games..

Blizzardwizard
12-26-2014, 11:30 AM
Meltdowns in December :lol

Typical Spurstalk :lol

cjw
12-26-2014, 11:52 AM
I'm scared of our record in general 18-12 and another 4 hard games coming in a row.. If we don't get healthy we may barely win 50 games..

First world problems.

Old School 44
12-26-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm convinced losing to the Thunder and the Rockets during the regular season is a long term, covert, CIA Pop move. It keeps Scott Brooks and Kevin McHale within the coaching ranks.

spurs10
12-26-2014, 03:03 PM
I believe they call it 'respecting' a team as opposed to being 'scared' of a team. I don't seriously think the NBA Champions are deeply concerned about any other team but themselves. They have a lot to work on and a lot of injuries on the mend. They also probably have a better idea of not peaking at the wrong time. When they go on their run I'm sure they'll not empty the tank. OKC is certainly a team they should 'respect' and take seriously, but so is any team on any given night.

Spur|n|Austin
12-26-2014, 03:05 PM
No Kawhi/Boris/Patty. Not worried here.

rmt
12-26-2014, 03:34 PM
I am scared of everyone and everything ... OKC, Houston, anybody ... being scared only stopped shortly after the end of game 5 of the Finals.

This. Sometimes I still can't believe they won #5. I suspended my belief until long after game 5 ended due to the bitter disappointment from 2013.