PDA

View Full Version : The Perspective Thread

Budkin
12-26-2014, 10:34 PM
We haven't played a single game with our complete roster.

We have been in pretty much every single game we've lost until the end.

It's the end of December.

We're going to bend the league over when we're healthy.

That is all.

PS. Cliff divers won't be allowed back on.

look_at_g_shred
12-26-2014, 10:35 PM
The Spurs will win the next ten games.

TheGreatYacht
12-26-2014, 10:38 PM
We'll lose to Houston, and THEN the win streak starts

HI-FI
12-26-2014, 10:41 PM
I ain't giving up. I'd like to see Duncan get more rest and Kawhi be well enough to play.
Just need to sneak in to the playoffs with good enough health.

SanDiegoSpursFan
12-26-2014, 10:43 PM
My perspective on the team is that these players just won a championship and if it worked once it can work again.

BillMc
12-26-2014, 10:44 PM

That is all.

I ain't giving up. I'd like to see Duncan get more rest and Kawhi be well enough to play.
Just need to sneak in to the playoffs with good enough health.

:toast

BillMc
12-26-2014, 10:45 PM
My perspective on the team is that these players just won a championship and if it worked once it can work again.

Amen!

timtonymanu
12-26-2014, 10:47 PM
Not worried even though libtards like Urinal are cutting their wrists right now. :lol

Even if there is reason to panic, that ring isn't leaving the thumb.

spurtech09
12-26-2014, 10:47 PM

It's the end of December. I thought it was still preseason.....lets go spurs....wake up and smell the coffee

That is all.

Mikeanaro
12-26-2014, 10:49 PM
I dont wanna be pessimist, but because sometimes we dont have 1 player it doesnt mean we are not healthy guys like Boris, Marco Bonner and sometimes Danny have been utter shit and the team overall doesnt have a sense of urgency, you cant rely on a 37 year old to penetrate making some layups or creating plays when the rest is not doing shit, Tim Duncan is 38 years old too our young guns have at less 2 years playing so I dont understand the zombie syndrome, add to that the FT% and the refs and you are fucked.
There is no defense every scrub can penetrate to the rim anytime but when its Spurs time they cant find a shooting spot or make plays even to save their lives so we have lots of turnovers and miscommunication.
I feel that these shitty games are draining blood from Manu and Timmy, sometimes they make great plays all for nothing, Kawhi wasnt that great either (I would love to say the opposite but that would be a big lie).
If the supporting cast never steps up the scene is a comedy monologue of a guy being raped by 62 black guys and latinos at the subway station, very funny indeed.
This is like 2007 Miami Heat, sometimes winning has its cons.

Budkin
12-26-2014, 11:31 PM
Spurs are gonna pull a 1995 Houston Rockets. Book it.

KaiRMD1
12-26-2014, 11:44 PM
I'm hoping spurs turn it around and not gonna give up on them but I'm starting to grow tired of the lackluster play. New year, new spurs

hitmantb
12-26-2014, 11:45 PM
The team was very lucky to have the full roster all three seasons from 2012-2014 by the NBA finals. The Thunder had key injuries 2 out of these 3 seasons in comparison.

If you look at the Heat last season, they were very worn out after three straight NBA finals, Spurs played only one series less last three years and it is showing. A lot of wear and tear on our players, we can only hope they will get healthy in time for the post season.

Posters on this board honestly expect way too much out of a team without 2 of its 3 best players, and arguably its best bench player. Parker's play making takes enormous pressure off Manu. Kwahi's defense takes enormous pressure off Duncan. Mills is the burst damage that triggers blow out's and keeps the starters fresh. This team is where it should be talent wise, without these three playing a brutal schedule. If anything, the back-to-back triple OT games showed scary potential from the Spurs IF they can get healthy later in the season.

I don't know why anyone should be concerned about anything other than health. It has nothing to do with motivation, the team just doesn't have enough to beat elite teams right now. We lost against all the contenders last year as well. The last thing Pop should do is overtaxing Duncan/Ginobili. If one of them goes down for good which can happen easily given their age, it is a first round exit no matter what.

hitmantb
12-26-2014, 11:48 PM
Also:

It would honestly be a miracle if the team did get healthy in time for the post season. Injuries usually spread quickly when players are overtaxed with more minutes, especially for a team that just had three deep runs. 2007 Miami is much more likely than 1995 Rockets odds wise, as fans we really should have zero regret in this life time about Spurs after the fifth championship. You need enormous talent advantage and athletes at their prime to repeat. If we can go as far as 2009 Boston Celtics I would be more than satisfied.

baseline bum
12-26-2014, 11:53 PM
The team was very lucky to have the full roster all three seasons from 2012-2014 by the NBA finals. The Thunder had key injuries 2 out of these 3 seasons in comparison.

Parker's hamstring was a pretty key injury in 2013. And his ankle in 2014. Injuries happen in the playoffs.

Roxsfan
12-27-2014, 12:01 AM
http://37.media.tumblr.com/6b33dbaef6bd0952929e44bc8795c9c9/tumblr_n40pjouIl41smcbm7o1_500.gif

Fuzzy Dunlop
12-27-2014, 12:10 AM
:lol false hope, Spurs fans

FireMicoHalili
12-27-2014, 12:13 AM
Sorry to play devil's advocate but the league landscape changes annually. Time and again we know championship teams rarely repeat. Your argument is infirm in that regard.

FireMicoHalili
12-27-2014, 12:15 AM

If you look at the Heat last season, they were very worn out after three straight NBA finals, Spurs played only one series less last three years and it is showing. A lot of wear and tear on our players, we can only hope they will get healthy in time for the post season.

Posters on this board honestly expect way too much out of a team without 2 of its 3 best players, and arguably its best bench player. Parker's play making takes enormous pressure off Manu. Kwahi's defense takes enormous pressure off Duncan. Mills is the burst damage that triggers blow out's and keeps the starters fresh. This team is where it should be talent wise, without these three playing a brutal schedule. If anything, the back-to-back triple OT games showed scary potential from the Spurs IF they can get healthy later in the season.

I don't know why anyone should be concerned about anything other than health. It has nothing to do with motivation, the team just doesn't have enough to beat elite teams right now. We lost against all the contenders last year as well. The last thing Pop should do is overtaxing Duncan/Ginobili. If one of them goes down for good which can happen easily given their age, it is a first round exit no matter what.
Posters on this board expect wins like they pay the Spurs' salaries with their tax dollars :lmao

Sean Cagney
12-27-2014, 12:54 AM
:lol false hope, Spurs fans

Says a Bucks fan :lol You got no hope at all.

Budkin
12-27-2014, 01:51 AM

Ain't that the fuckin truth :lmao

Mikeanaro
12-27-2014, 02:09 AM
Ain't that the fuckin truth :lmao
:depressed1971 was 3 million years ago:depressed

kobyz
12-27-2014, 02:17 AM
I hope we make the playoff!

Fuzzy Dunlop
12-27-2014, 02:44 AM

We've got a good team this year. you guys won't be laughing when we beat you in our next matchup.

Sean Cagney
12-27-2014, 03:08 AM
We've got a good team this year. you guys won't be laughing when we beat you in our next matchup.

Win a title then talk about no hope at all man. Your team is good this year but what is their ceiling?

-21-
12-27-2014, 08:24 AM
EDIT

-21-
12-27-2014, 08:25 AM

That is all. PS. Cliff divers won't be allowed back on.

This is the key. I hope we can see the team at full strength at some point this season.

Raven
12-27-2014, 08:55 AM
we need to go away from belinelli, he is THE cancer. Play Daye more instead, he is way better than him on both ends.

EVAY
12-27-2014, 09:11 AM

Excellent post. Well said.

703 Spurz
12-27-2014, 09:22 AM

A fucking Bucks fan talking shit? I've seen it all now.

unleashbaynes
12-27-2014, 09:26 AM

Feels so similar, doesn't it?

EVAY
12-27-2014, 09:31 AM

That is all.

By the way, thanks for this thread. It is such a welcome change from so many doom-sayers and haters of late, and it is right on. Props to you for starting it.

Perspective - what a concept for Spurstalk!

look_at_g_shred
12-28-2014, 10:45 PM
The Spurs will win the next ten games.

100%duncan
12-28-2014, 11:08 PM
With 5 Im set for life.

Cry Havoc
12-29-2014, 01:32 AM
We probably aren't going to win the next 10, but 8-2 would be very possible. And hell, if we beat Memphis, who knows? Patty coming back certainly seemed to give our team some energy out there tonight.

One thing you gotta love about this Spurs squad: They feed off each other. When anyone gets going the entire team rallies. If Parker is penetrating and getting easy buckets early it usually leads to a lot of good things. If Duncan goes to town on the inside guys really step up on D. Tonight Cojo and Patty seemed to really kick our guys into another gear. They definitely like each other more than SpursTalk likes them. :lol

DMC
12-29-2014, 02:00 AM
Spurs aren't moving the ball like they did at the end of last season. They look stagnant at times, not like the Spurs offense at all. Defense isn't good either, allowing way too many points. Championship hangover perhaps, hard to motivate guys to win again. Still, by the time the RRT comes, we'll have a good gauge of where we are.

Pocho La Pantera
12-29-2014, 06:38 AM
We'll lose to Houston, and THEN the win streak startsnostradamus on fire.