PDA

View Full Version : The Panic Thread

ElNono
12-26-2014, 10:48 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh.... We're finished!!!! Pass the bottle!!!

:pctoss

spurtech09
12-26-2014, 10:49 PM
guess your the only one bro....

ElNono
:depressed

jeebus
http://i.imgur.com/7YSW7Y6.jpg

timtonymanu
12-26-2014, 10:50 PM
:cry Worst start in the Duncan era.
:cry Diaw got fat so he doesn't care anymore.
:cry Pop isn't taking the regular season seriously.
:cry The Warriors/Blazers/Rockets want the championship more.
:cry Dallas got Rondo. Houston got JSMoove. We got Austin Daye.
:cry Are we scared of OKC yet?

Anything else?

ElNono
12-26-2014, 10:51 PM
Spurs don't have the time they think they do to come back from this shit. They're two games out of being out of the playoffs.

midnightpulp
12-26-2014, 10:51 PM
No panic with regard to the team's ability. If fully healthy, they'll be fine.

Panic with regard to health?

Absolutely. Because you just know some shit like Duncan getting sidelined for an ankle sprain will happen once Leonard, Parker, and Mills return.

Or maybe Leonard's hand injury really is more serious than we think, and he's out for another month+

look_at_g_shred
12-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Spurs don't have the time they think they do to come back from this shit. They're two games out of being out of the playoffs.
Sup 703.

ElNono
12-26-2014, 10:52 PM
If it's really the transverse carpal ligament, then the spurs are screwed. I've had a similar injury in the past and although you can play with it, it's not exactly a good experience. Pretty sure, you can still Palm the ball, and do everything once your hand gets warm..The problem is after the game. Everytime you play, it is as if you just got the injury.

look_at_g_shred
12-26-2014, 10:54 PM
If it's really the transverse carpal ligament, then the spurs are screwed. I've had a similar injury in the past and although you can play with it, it's not exactly a good experience. Pretty sure, you can still Palm the ball, and do everything once your hand gets warm..The problem is after the game. Everytime you play, it is as if you just got the injury.
Sup apasolic_9?
sup Malik?
sup HH?

ElNono
12-26-2014, 10:55 PM
No panic with regard to the team's ability. If fully healthy, they'll be fine.

Panic with regard to health?

Absolutely. Because you just know some shit like Duncan getting sidelined for an ankle sprain will happen once Leonard, Parker, and Mills return.

Or maybe Leonard's hand injury really is more serious than we think, and he's out for another month+

That's out of our control and goes to show that a lot of things have to align to be as consistenly good as the Spurs have been. If the team is too hurt to compete, then that's that.

look_at_g_shred
I Just wish we had a true homecourt advantage tho :cry

spurs10
We are playing possum. Pop knows we could win all these games, but then everyone would always have their guard up. We will lull them into thinking we are no threat and then open a can of whoop ass on their asses. Either that or we are done!!!

Mikeanaro
12-26-2014, 10:56 PM
The horror...
http://www.bandejadeplata.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/apocalypse-now-marlon-brando1.jpg

Brunodf
12-26-2014, 10:59 PM
Season is over, tank for Wiggins

BillMc
12-26-2014, 11:00 PM
We should never have traded Paul George.

spurtech09
12-26-2014, 11:02 PM
damn nano getting everybody drunk already....

spurtech09
12-26-2014, 11:08 PM
We are playing possum. Pop knows we could win all these games, but then everyone would always have their guard up. We will lull them into thinking we are no threat and then open a can of whoop ass on their asses. Either that or we are done!!!lol

phxspurfan
12-26-2014, 11:08 PM
http://www.worldwideinterweb.com/images/blogphotos/Funny/Worst%20Product%20Names%20Ever/worst%20product%20names%20gallery.png

objective
12-26-2014, 11:14 PM
I'm not particularly stressed. Yeah, circumstances with other teams getting good players for nothing is out of their hands and sucks. Injuries suck.

But, the spurs made their decision with how much to compete for the repeat, so it's not a surprise. Teams that refuse to improve the roster, like they did in 07 and this past summer, are more about feeling good and rewarding past achievements and loyalty than winning the title that season. Just hoping everything goes their way without trying to make things go their way.

Giving reward deals and extensions to Parker and Diaw were overpays. Same as Finley, Oberto, and Vaughn. Nothing wrong with that, rewards can be deserved (moreso in 14 than 07, by far).

Too bad Anderson can't even get by the likes of Luke Babbitt. He's still better than Daye though.

Robz4000
12-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Even if they miss the playoffs, at least they got 5.

spurtech09
12-26-2014, 11:19 PM
don't forget the spurs went to the fianls twice in 2 yrs....its hard to do the same thing for the 3rd yr.....last yr spurs were playing out of there minds due to losing to the heat previous yr.....so right now spurs are just coasting and bored....no drive as last yr....something needs to pump up these guys

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Shit's getting turrible.

Budkin
12-26-2014, 11:25 PM
5 makes everything ok. But we're still ok this season.

Biernutz
12-26-2014, 11:27 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Gifffs1234/lemmings_zpstemh2lc9.gif http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Gifffs1234/panicbtn.gif

baseline bum
12-26-2014, 11:55 PM
Even if they miss the playoffs, at least they got 5.

This. Tim got the last laugh on LeBron.

chasky
12-26-2014, 11:57 PM
We are playing really bad.
Referees are calling bad for us, we don't receive the champs calls, our players dont have the respect of the referees that they deserves.
90% of the in and out shoots in the games are our shots.
90% incredible plays are for the other team.
We are soft on the 50-50 balls.
We cant grab a rebound.
Our offense look bad, we don't have a creator to start the ball movement for 48 minutes on the floor.
Our defence sucks.
We play that stupid zone.
Pop don't yell as uses to be.
We have a lot of injuries.
Some players are having a low par season.

I'm really worried, but this can't be any worse, so this shit is gonna end soon.

look_at_g_shred
12-26-2014, 11:58 PM
We are lacking fundamentals too!

ElNono
12-27-2014, 12:05 AM
Pop can't even pull the soft card with any credibility with all the injuries and the resting...

We also dont have a free roster spot to call up a DLeaguer that's gonna save our season "if only Pop would play him"

Shit is looking bleak, IMO

Robz4000
12-27-2014, 12:07 AM
Pop can't even pull the soft card with any credibility with all the injuries and the resting...

We also dont have a free roster spot to call up a DLeaguer that's gonna save our season "if only Pop would play him"

Shit is looking bleak, IMO

Time to play Errors?

Strange Love
12-27-2014, 12:10 AM
Those gold tags on the back of their jerseys represent the big fat shit they're taking this year.

FireMicoHalili
12-27-2014, 12:11 AM
Sup apasolic_9?
sup Malik?
sup HH?
At least have the balls to tag these guys

emanueldavidginobili
12-27-2014, 12:25 AM
@JMcDonald_SAEN: Last year, you needed 54 wins to tie for 4th/5th in the West. To hit that mark this year, Spurs will need to go 36-16 rest of the way.

DMC
12-27-2014, 12:26 AM
The Kyle Anderson experiment isn't working out.

benefactor
12-27-2014, 12:35 AM
Don't care. Thumb has a ring.

Silver&Black
12-27-2014, 01:10 AM
^
Spoken like a true prophet

spursparker9
12-27-2014, 01:12 AM
Tank for Emeka Okafor

DJR210
12-27-2014, 01:16 AM
Pop knows we need better draft position this year with Manu's retirement looming. He is strategically sitting players and telling the ones on the court play at 35%. It really is beautiful what he is doing this year IMO.

We get into the playoffs at the bottom end, and improve our draft by 10 or so slots. :tu

Calispursfan11
12-27-2014, 01:35 AM
LOL this thread. It's obvious pop doesn't give a rats ass about the regular season. He's resting people more than they need, playing 12th string scrubs at crunch time. He's not even trying to win most of these games, tbh. Maybe he's trying to tank to 7 or 8 seed permanently to get into a good matchup. Who the fuck knows-he is still looking pretty relaxed out there and not surprised at all by the losing streak. CIA pop remember.

spurs10
12-27-2014, 01:49 AM
I'm wondering what happened to Tony. Was he injured on Xmas? He certainly had a bad game, but I wonder if he has tweaked his hammy again.

look_at_g_shred
12-27-2014, 02:10 AM
At least have the balls to tag these guys
Shut up slut

kobyz
12-27-2014, 02:16 AM
I hope Pop is going to remove the beard by the end of the year, please no beard for 2015!

marinoman
12-27-2014, 02:18 AM
This team is softer than charmin.

BatManu20
12-27-2014, 02:43 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-a2Or2T6YMS0/VCtPXrRkrCI/AAAAAAAAdSc/naWI3JObZuU/s1600/r-e-l-a-x.jpg

FireMicoHalili
12-27-2014, 04:01 AM
Shut up slut
Wow telling me to shut up totally worked. Imbecile

Fireball
12-27-2014, 04:13 AM
my setup for the season was that Tony and Kawhi would carry the load in the regular season ... Tony rested during the summer so I saw him above 30min a game bringing consistent offense and 18 PPG. Adding 35+ minutes for Leonard on the floor was the goal to be consistent on the defensive end and to give him room to improve his offensive skills, especially with the second unit. both him and Tony being injured is just a huge blow which cannot be compensated as losses of e.g. Manu and Splitter. It is not a situation as if Durant and Westbrick are missing for OKC, but the impact is closer than you think.

Last season we had our worst stretch when Kawhi sat ou with his broken hand, after his return we won and never looked back. others were also injured and returned, but it is time to accept that just from the eye test Kawhi has the most overall impact on the game

Diaw is also starting to piss me off. He only looks interested when the whole band is together, especially when he can play with Tony.

And Pop did the mistake early in the season to try to take the minute management to another level. But we already had crucial injuries to Mills and Splitter, so the normal blowout wins just did not come by. I cannot blame him for the losses against Brooklyn, Utah and the Lakers - these are all on the team and really hurting us now.

about Patty - I want him to return too but I think you are expecting too much. your last memories of him were in the Finals were he was great, but the way the Spurs play right now I fear he could get into Gary Neal mode with the second unit. he will chuck the hell out of the ball in situations where the team trails ...

in a nutshell ... we need Kawhi back soon or this season is over

Slomo
12-27-2014, 06:12 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/Slomo/Home_Alone_Kevin_Freakout.gif

Trainwreck2100
12-27-2014, 06:49 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/Slomo/Home_Alone_Kevin_Freakout.gif

sorry brah your joke is about 363 days too early

z0sa
12-27-2014, 07:28 AM
December panic hype!!

ontheraise
12-27-2014, 09:43 AM
We are playing really bad.
Referees are calling bad for us, we don't receive the champs calls, our players dont have the respect of the referees that they deserves.
90% of the in and out shoots in the games are our shots.
90% incredible plays are for the other team.
We are soft on the 50-50 balls.
We cant grab a rebound.
Our offense look bad, we don't have a creator to start the ball movement for 48 minutes on the floor.
Our defence sucks.
We play that stupid zone.
Pop don't yell as uses to be.
We have a lot of injuries.
Some players are having a low par season.

I'm really worried, but this can't be any worse, so this shit is gonna end soon.

+1

you can add that 2014 title was such an accomplishment such a big relief after 2013 ,it's hard to recover mentally from this 2years journey and the emotional rollercoster.

spurs doesn't care much about regular season, they'll start to focus again after allstar break until then, keep calm and carry on

florige
12-27-2014, 09:53 AM
We are playing possum. Pop knows we could win all these games, but then everyone would always have their guard up. We will lull them into thinking we are no threat and then open a can of whoop ass on their asses. Either that or we are done!!!

This is actually what I was hoping was the case. lol

spurs10
12-27-2014, 10:57 AM
This is actually what I was hoping was the case. lol I can hear pop now, "Well we only have Houston to go. Let them walk all over you and think we gave it our all. Kawhi and Tony I know you are ready and dying to play, but bear with me for a few more games. Wasn't that a wonderful meal in the French Quarter last night? Remember I want Taliban to score at least 40! Just show up at the arena when ever you feel like it....or stay home, I don't give a fvck.."

acoelho1
12-27-2014, 11:16 AM
No Leonard, Parker, Mills and Splitter just came back so he is not yet at his best so not surprised we are struggling. The only thing I'm worried about is health and we are not going far in the playoffs without Leonard at his best so hopefully the hand injury is manageable.

Ocotillo
12-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Wouldn't be the end of the world to get a lottery pick this year.......

doubt that happens but would be interesting to see who they come up with.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-27-2014, 11:30 AM
Not shitting myself just yet. Spurs are missing half their best players and are playing one of the toughest stretches in NBA history, tbh. Once the spurs get healthy you'll start to see them gel and hit their stride again, and it will be perfect timing if they peak going into the playoffs.

BatManu20
12-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Wouldn't be the end of the world to get a lottery pick this year.......

doubt that happens but would be interesting to see who they come up with.

Not sure if srs.

benstanfield
12-27-2014, 03:37 PM
What pisses me off the most is that we're playing with 1 PG and 4 healthy wings while Ayres and Daye rot on the bench because we have such a glut of forwards. There literally isn't a situation where Ayres would receive meaningful minutes short of Tim and Splitter both being injured, and Daye is completely redundant with Bonner on the roster, yet we are having to play Marco and a rookie huge minutes because our other wings are injured. Most NBA rosters have 6 bigs and for whatever reason we have 7 with two useless bodies taking up space. Shipping Daye to China and signing Ray Allen would help us immensely right now.

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-27-2014, 03:41 PM
That is why he is an NBA coach and no one here can say that...

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Ray Allen is the Spurs saviour? Holy crap this is borderline apocalyptic....

-21-
12-27-2014, 03:56 PM
We all know what this team is capable of. The injuries are what scare me. It seems the Spurs worst enemies are themselves. We don't know how serious Kawhi's injury is, Tony seems to be constantly bothered by that hamstring, Tiago has yet to play regular and consistent minutes, and we don't know what Patty will look like after being out for a while. On top of all that, Duncan who is 38 and Ginobili who is 36, are carrying too much of the load too early into the season. They need to rest too. I just hope the team can get healthy and get into a rhythm in time for the playoffs.

BillMc
12-27-2014, 04:34 PM
We all know what this team is capable of. The injuries are what scare me. It seems the Spurs worst enemies are themselves. We don't know how serious Kawhi's injury is, Tony seems to be constantly bothered by that hamstring, Tiago has yet to play regular and consistent minutes, and we don't know what Patty will look like after being out for a while. On top of all that, Duncan who is 38 and Ginobili who is 36, are carrying too much of the load too early into the season. They need to rest too. I just hope the team can get healthy and get into a rhythm in time for the playoffs.

Well said.

silverblackfan
12-27-2014, 04:54 PM

:toast

spurraider21
12-27-2014, 05:33 PM
17:05 - 17:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlnT71p7nCo

trollt
12-27-2014, 05:36 PM
That's out of our control... If the team is too hurt to compete, then that's that.
Right man otherwise it's 2011 all over again, chasing RS championship etc.
Like w/ twin towers out there Davis is shooting jumpers & not screaming in ecstasy b/c he just clinched the 11 seed. Goddamn seeing Tiago on the court is rare as catching a glimpse of the chupacabra.