PDA

View Full Version : Mild Hamstring Strain Facts (aka Parker's 'injury')

FkLA
12-26-2014, 10:57 PM
There are 3 levels of hamstring strains:

Grade 1 -- mild muscle strain or pull
Grade 2 -- partial muscle tear
Grade 3 -- complete muscle tear

Recovery time depends on the grade of the injury. A minor grade 1 injury can heal in a few days, while a grade 3 injury could take much longer to heal or need surgery.

http://m.medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000551.htm

Derrick Rose Has Mild Hamstring Strain: Day-to-Day

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=11876045&city=chicago&src=desktop

FkLA
12-26-2014, 10:59 PM
You know you are a bitch when you are babying injuries worse than D-Rose...

Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) Pauleta14 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15128)

Why is Enrique taking a month off for a day to day type injury?

ElNono
12-26-2014, 10:59 PM
It's no secret Pop is resting him on back to backs... Tony has a history of injuries on the hammy, so Pop is just trying to be cautious and look at the big picture, even if it costs us games right now.

phxspurfan
12-26-2014, 11:20 PM
What happens when your best players are French

TheGreatYacht
12-26-2014, 11:40 PM
Parker kills the team, he's holding us back :(

Why ain't Parker playing :(

Biernutz
12-27-2014, 12:05 AM
Has anyone got a handle on how many game minutes we have now lost
to injury's and siting out the games for rest. I think our guys are just tired
from having to cover all these lost minutes........

FireMicoHalili
12-27-2014, 12:18 AM
And all this time I thought Pop was faking injuries to cultivate depth. Joseph, as we all know, is still a good defender and not much on offense. Anderson is not as NBA-ready as a lot of writers thought. Baynes has had flashes in the pan, but we learned BBIQ can't improve. Ayres and Daye were outright mistakes. Belinelli and Green can only do so much. Splitter, Parker, and Leonard will periodically be dealing with injuries. Real Spurs fans still have the benefit of the doubt that the team hasn't played at full strength, but the Spurs are just having a rash of injuries while running the gauntlet.

AaronY
12-27-2014, 08:57 AM
Parker kills the team, he's holding us back :(

Why ain't Parker playing :(

Troof

benefactor
12-27-2014, 09:13 AM
He's a PG who relies on his speed on the wrong side of 30. These things are going to be more common and just take longer tbh. Rose may be injury prone but he's only 26 and much more athletic than Parker ever was. Rose probably won't even be in the league anymore at 32.

EVAY
12-27-2014, 09:27 AM
You know you are a bitch when you are babying injuries worse than D-Rose...

Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) Pauleta14 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15128)

Why is Enrique taking a month off for a day to day type injury?

You are such a ridiculous hater that I hesitate to even try to engage you in any meaningful discussion, but your question is answered by Tony is not the one taking time off for any injury. POP is the one making Tony sit. Did you not hear Pop say after his first game back that he was "scared to death" that Tony wasn't ready to come back?

Then, in the game against the Thunder, Tony struggled and Pop pulled him for the fourth quarter, after Tony had played about 30 minutes in the first three quarters. Then Pop held him out of last night's game.

Most of us who pay any attention to the Spurs' games over the years have noticed that Tony's game of speed and cutting is more affected by leg injuries than a lot of other player's games are, and it has been a recurring injury for a couple of years now. Tony would play every minute of every game if Pop would let him, and he would play poorly if injured!

That is the whole point!! Not your imagined 'he's a wuss' crap, but that Pop has to be the one holding him back because Tony tries to play whenever he is hurt or not hurt. But when he is hurt HE DOES NOT PLAY WELL.

Neither you nor anyone on this forum knows exactly what is going on with that hamstring. But you assume a mantle of knowledge and judgment superior to all others, including the coach of this championship team, to spout hatred toward a future hall of fame player on the team you allege to be a fan of.

You are no fan of the Spurs team.

spurs10
12-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Yeah Tony's health was the first thing I thought of this morning. I was surprised to see him play against OKC and then have Pop sit him. I'm sure Pop has a good idea when Tony is playing up to speed. That along with the mystery of Kawhi's hand and it's a rough patch.

FkLA
12-27-2014, 03:10 PM
He's a PG who relies on his speed on the wrong side of 30. These things are going to be more common and just take longer tbh. Rose may be injury prone but he's only 26 and much more athletic than Parker ever was. Rose probably won't even be in the league anymore at 32.

Since when is 32 considered old? I mean it's definitely older than 26, but I've never considered 32 an age where day to day injuries turn into month long ordeals. :lol

You are such a ridiculous hater that I hesitate to even try to engage you in any meaningful discussion, but your question is answered by Tony is not the one taking time off for any injury. POP is the one making Tony sit. Did you not hear Pop say after his first game back that he was "scared to death" that Tony wasn't ready to come back?

Then, in the game against the Thunder, Tony struggled and Pop pulled him for the fourth quarter, after Tony had played about 30 minutes in the first three quarters. Then Pop held him out of last night's game.

Most of us who pay any attention to the Spurs' games over the years have noticed that Tony's game of speed and cutting is more affected by leg injuries than a lot of other player's games are, and it has been a recurring injury for a couple of years now. Tony would play every minute of every game if Pop would let him, and he would play poorly if injured!

That is the whole point!! Not your imagined 'he's a wuss' crap, but that Pop has to be the one holding him back because Tony tries to play whenever he is hurt or not hurt. But when he is hurt HE DOES NOT PLAY WELL.

Neither you nor anyone on this forum knows exactly what is going on with that hamstring. But you assume a mantle of knowledge and judgment superior to all others, including the coach of this championship team, to spout hatred toward a future hall of fame player on the team you allege to be a fan of.

You are no fan of the Spurs team.

Hes always been a pussy. He sat out a large part of a key Game 6 vs OKC with a 'sore ankle'. Dont act like Pop is holding him back either...dude just runs through the motions and is a detriment to the team when he has a sore anything. Doesn't push himself.

Meanwhile our 40 yeard old team leaders are running their bodies to the ground. Who cares though...as long as Enrique gets to baby his day to day type injury for a month, right?

Southwest Texas Fan
12-27-2014, 03:20 PM
Spurs' Popovich says Parker could be out for 'a while'

Dec 27 2014, 12:32 PMJohn Chick

daslicer
12-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Since when is 32 considered old? I mean it's definitely older than 26, but I've never considered 32 an age where day to day injuries turn into month long ordeals. :lol

Hes always been a pussy. He sat out a large part of a key Game 6 vs OKC with a 'sore ankle'. Dont act like Pop is holding him back either...dude just runs through the motions and is a detriment to the team when he has a sore anything. Doesn't push himself.

32 is old for most PG's that rely on speed and quickness. Isiah Thomas broke down when he was Parkers age and his game very similar. If you look at other athletic PG's you will see a decline in their numbers once they are in their 30's. A guy like Stockton,Nash were able to play on a high level in their 30's mainly because of their game never relied on athleticism. Duncan's longevity is amazing but bigs historically have always been effective for a longtime versus any other position in basketball.

FkLA
12-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Spurs' Popovich says Parker could be out for 'a while'

Dec 27 2014, 12:32 PMJohn Chick

Fuck it let's baby a day-to-day injury for two months!!! Who cares if our 40 year old's bodies get run to the ground.

FkLA
12-27-2014, 03:30 PM
32 is old for most PG's that rely on speed and quickness. Isiah Thomas broke down when he was Parkers age and his game very similar. If you look at other athletic PG's you will see a decline in their numbers once they are in their 30's. A guy like Stockton,Nash were able to play on a high level in their 30's mainly because of their game never relied on athleticism. Duncan's longevity is amazing but bigs historically have always been effective for a longtime versus any other position in basketball.

Big difference between simply slowing down and having day-to-day injuries turn into month long ordeals. Im not going to hate on Enrique when father time catches up as long as he is out there trying to carry his weight.

daslicer
12-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Big difference between simply slowing down and having day-to-day injuries turn into month long ordeals. Im not going to hate on Enrique when father time catches up as long as he is out there trying to carry his weight.

Unfortunately going forward it doesn't look good for Parker. He's at that age where most PG's crash and burn. Tim Hardaway, Isiah Thomas, Kevin Johnson guys who had similar games to Parker all had a bunch of injuries once they hit age 32. All those guys missed tons of games after they hit that age It sucks for the Spurs but I expect Parker to always have these problems. Spurs made a mistake giving him that extension.

midnightpulp
12-27-2014, 08:17 PM
:bang

We need him for the simple fact that no one can take care of the ball in crunch time, since we obviously don't have a true PG on this team right now.

Mills coming back is nice, but I don't expect him to be in Game 5 mode the second he comes back. He'll probably struggle for 5-10 games before he gets into game shape and finds his rhythm.

Oh well. Cognitive Dissonance time. I guess all of us would've traded an injury plagued season for number 5. Hell, we would've traded 0-82 to get 6 off this franchise's back.

Chomag
12-27-2014, 08:18 PM

Truth bombs, PG's usually have a shorter career then most any other position, cant fault tony that his Body will do what it does at his age. Historically speaking TP will now be on a fast decline going forward and this is why I was totaly against the extension.

All he can really do at this point is go out there and try to play through the pain.

DMC
12-27-2014, 08:18 PM
I never understood why a team has physicians that aren't trusted by the head coach. Cleared to play, in my opinion, needs no second guessing. Pop isn't being cautious, he's being asinine to fuck with the NBA because of scheduling issues. He's lashing out and getting Tim attention in what is likely his final year in the league. If you're going to rest anyone it's Tim, not Tony. Tony could go tits up and the team could find another PG. Good luck finding a PF/Center that can do what Tim can still do.

Chomag
12-27-2014, 08:35 PM
I know this is about TP but... Thinking about it. I honestly hope to see Spurs go aggressively at Dragic this coming summer I think he would be a really good fit with the new generation of Spurs.

BillMc
12-28-2014, 11:19 AM
Tony has re-injured that hamstring twice. Pop has no choice but to be conservative (not that he wouldn't be anyway). Let's take our lumps now and get healthy.

unleashbaynes
12-28-2014, 11:26 AM
OP has a mild asshole strain it seems

hater
12-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Yup MVParker is 32 and pretty aged.

Attention should be focused on our young stud SF who seems to be already breaking down imo

12-28-2014, 11:49 AM
http://instreetclothes.com/2014/11/07/understanding-rose-wade-hamstring-problem/

It should come as now surprise that one of the major issues affecting NBA players this season is lower extremity problems. Ankle and foot injuries, including fractures and sprains, make up 35 percent of the missed games this season. Meanwhile injuries to the musculature of the lower extremities are also making an impact, as strains to the calf, groin, and hamstring account for 19 percent of all games missed.Recently two All-Stars, Miami’s Dwyane Wade and Chicago’s Derrick Rose, joined the list with both players missing time due to hamstring strains. Both players, who have displayed a tendency to be injured, are optimistic for a quick return. However there are multiple reasons as to why they should not rush recovery and continue with their current conservative approach.
To begin, the healing process for muscle tissue is extremely complex and intricate and does not guarantee that the injured muscle tissue will return to its original intgreity. As its name suggests, the healing process occurs in multiple stage that is initiated with the inflammatory phase. This stage is marked by the initial swelling and clotting reactions at the site of injury. The next stage, the proliferative phase, overlaps with the inflammatory phase but marks the beginning of the body’s actually repair work on the damaged tissue. As the proliferative phase progresses, scar tissue begins to form as specialized cells begin filling in the injury site with protein fibers, including collagen and elastin.
http://www.aidmymuscle.com/_img/muscle-injury-tissue-progression-large.jpg
The proliferative phase generally takes multiple weeks to complete. Once finished, the final phase, known as the remodeling phase, begins. The remodeling phase varies in length and is dependent on the amount of associated damage. It has been reported that Wade and Rose both have Grade I strains, the least severe of all the strains. However despite the low grade, the remodeling phase remains vital to a complete recovery. During this final phase, collagen fibers within the scar tissue are repeatedly broken down and remade to increase strength by properly aligning the injured muscle fibers to resemble healthy tissue. This is where a good medical team comes into play.
During rehab, an athletic trainer or physical therapist can help the injured individual load the effected muscle in a specific way. This approach will combat the body’s predisposed and haphazard way of healing and help the new muscle tissue develop in a stronger, more accurate pattern.
Unfortunately the new tissue is still vulnerable to injury even when properly managed. If the scar tissue is not 100 percent and is disrupted, the injured player must hit the reset button on the entire process and begin the tedious process of tissue regeneration all over again. This is precisely why hamstring and other muscle strains of the leg require long periods of rest and why teams often adopt a disciplined approach to care. It also helps explain why hamstring strains are easily re-injured. (ie. Golden State’s David Lee or Los Angeles Lakers forward Ryan Kelly) In short, a functional muscle doesn’t necessarily mean a healthy muscle.
For Rose and Wade, their lengthy injury histories must also be considered. Both players have suffered hamstring strains before. Wade missed nine games last season with a left hamstring strain, the same leg currently affected. Rose’s previous strain occurred to his opposite leg and cost him just one game.
However the potential side effects of the hamstring injury on each player’s troublesome knees is the real concern. The entire lower extremity should be viewed as a chain, with each link representing one of the areas of the leg. If one link, like the muscles of the leg, is weakened or not functioning correctly, the strength and ability of the entire chain is compromised. The other links (the knee, ankle, hip, and foot) must undergo a compensational shift to make up for the weakened musculature, resulting in an unnecessary stress placed on and through the other areas of the affected limb. As a result, the player’s inherent injury risk increases, leaving the ligaments and other tissues susceptible to a more significant injury. Remember Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee just seven days after missing time with a right hamstring strain. There’s no guarantee it was the root of Rose’s injury but it cannot be ruled out as a contributing factor.
The last thing Miami or Chicago needs is another serious injury to their respective guard. Both players will be managed carefully moving forward and rightfully so. While the former All-Stars, particularly Rose, have undergone scrutiny for their cautious approach to seemingly minor injuries, a conservative treatment plan remains the best course of action for all involved parties.

BillMc
12-28-2014, 11:53 AM
http://instreetclothes.com/2014/11/07/understanding-rose-wade-hamstring-problem/

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Nice read. Thanks for posting. :toast

In short, we need to be patient. Also sheds a bit of light on why it took Splitter so long to return from his calf sprain.

EVAY
12-28-2014, 12:41 PM

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Wow - Actual information! What a concept!:toast

Thanks a million, honestly. I never knew any of that stuff.

This write-up is huge.

Macca76
12-28-2014, 12:46 PM
There are 3 levels of hamstring strains:

Grade 1 -- mild muscle strain or pull
Grade 2 -- partial muscle tear
Grade 3 -- complete muscle tear

Recovery time depends on the grade of the injury. A minor grade 1 injury can heal in a few days, while a grade 3 injury could take much longer to heal or need surgery.

http://m.medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000551.htm

Derrick Rose Has Mild Hamstring Strain: Day-to-Day

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=11876045&city=chicago&src=desktop

You're so stupid and hateful that's sad. I'll trust Spurs staff on this. Did you really think that it's a Matter of "being soft" ?
Have you ever paid attention to TP's game ? Haven't you followed the Spurs over the years ? Calling TP soft is just plain stupid and your obsession with this tells a lot about your objectivity on the matter. I couldn't care less about your opinion but this is really becoming annoying.

FkLA
12-28-2014, 04:15 PM

[/FONT][/COLOR]

:lol You can find a similar ultra consevative write-up for just about anything. Diet sodas can cause cancer, etc. Anyways this is what stood out to me from the article:

For Rose and Wade, their lengthy injury histories must also be considered. Both players have suffered hamstring strains before. Wade missed nine games last season with a left hamstring strain, the same leg currently affected. Rose’s previous strain occurred to his opposite leg and cost him just one game.

FkLA
12-28-2014, 04:20 PM
So boiled down its::

Rose-1 game
Wade-9 games
Enrique-10 games and still 'out for a while'

:cry but he's not soft :cry

ChumpDumper
12-28-2014, 04:29 PM
lolutsa

FkLA
11-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Enrique about to milk the shit out of another fake injury because he's too insecure to face the reality that he's done. Now it's a 'sore knee'. :lol

K...
11-04-2016, 06:01 PM
Enrique about to milk the shit out of another fake injury because he's too insecure to face the reality that he's done. Now it's a 'sore knee'. :lol

I don't understand, you don';t want him to be on medical rest? you want more rique? Or you want to bitch about him doing what you want, because your're a l;ittle bitch?