View Full Version : Cavs: Kevin Love...

djohn2oo8
12-27-2014, 09:34 AM

RsxPiimp
12-27-2014, 09:37 AM
GM Lebron :lol

Raven
12-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Kevin Love did not play in the fourth quarter against the Magic on Friday, finishing with 22 points, seven rebounds, two assists and three 3-pointers in 33 minutes.

He played the entire third quarter and had a handful of awful defensive possessions. Considering the Cavs were missing 40 percent of their starting lineup with Kyrie Irving (knee) and Anderson Varejao (Achilles) out, this was a major surprise. The Cavs might have played their best defensive quarter of the season while Love sat, but there's still no need to panic. He should be back for his regular rotation on Saturday.

rotoworld going in raw on two of their favourite bitches :lmao

Clipper Nation
12-27-2014, 10:08 AM
:lol Kevin Scrub

Clipper Nation
12-27-2014, 10:09 AM
GM Lebron :lol
Better than GM Kirby, who ran off Shaq, Dwert and MVPau resulting in lottery teams :lol

djohn2oo8
12-27-2014, 10:10 AM
I remember in the summer some on this site were trying to make a case Love being better than Bosh :lol

RsxPiimp
12-27-2014, 10:13 AM
I remember in the summer some on this site were trying to make a case Love being better than Bosh :lol

Bosh was tremendously unappreciated in Miami, that's for sure.

Bynumite
12-27-2014, 10:30 AM
It warms my heart knowing Lebeta is stuck on 2/5 with no prospects of another title anytime soon. Especially when just a season ago people were discussing Lebeta surpassing MJ :lol

Seriously, what a knee jerk reaction from LeCoon. Had he stayed with Miami, he would probably be a lock for another Finals appearance and with the spurs looking real shaky right now.

djohn2oo8
12-27-2014, 10:36 AM
It warms my heart knowing Lebeta is stuck on 2/5 with no prospects of another title anytime soon. Especially when just a season ago people were discussing Lebeta surpassing MJ :lol

Seriously, what a knee jerk reaction from LeCoon. Had he stayed with Miami, he would probably be a lock for another Finals appearance and with the spurs looking real shaky right now.
There was no guarantee Wade would be healthy. Wade used LeBron leaving as motivation to get in shape. (probably illegally )

Thread
12-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Only pussies & asshole use advanced statistics.

Clipper Nation
12-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Shooting percentage is an "advanced statistic"?

Thread
12-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Shooting percentage is an "advanced statistic"?

Don't be purposely obtuse.

Leetonidas
12-27-2014, 12:07 PM
I'd hardly call the opponents FG% with a player on or off the court an "advanced" statistic :lol showing your age, Cub

DMC
12-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Says 25-5-5

Thread
12-27-2014, 12:12 PM
I'd hardly call the opponents FG% with a player on or off the court an "advanced" statistic :lol showing your age, Cub

Why, because I aged six months since this pussy & assholish shit started?

You can buy "the next big thing." Me? You couldn't drag me to it.

Thread
12-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Says 25-5-5

Since it started. But, you know that. You were there with me.

Leetonidas
12-27-2014, 12:13 PM
No because there's nothing advanced about looking at defensive FG% with love off the floor :lol

DMC
12-27-2014, 12:13 PM
Since it started. But, you know that. You were there with me.

Shit/go blind

Make up your mind

Thread
12-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Shit/go blind

Make up your mind

Like I said, since it started. But, you know that. You were there with me.

Thread
No because there's nothing advanced about looking at defensive FG% with love off the floor :lol

& I'm 25-years-old.

DMC
Like I said, since it started. But, you know that. You were there with me.

Everything is a pussy move unless you do it. Let's just establish that so we can move forward.

Thread
12-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Everything is a pussy move unless you do it. Let's just establish that so we can move forward.

No. Never said such. Using advanced statistics is at default pussy & assholish. It's doubly shit here because it's being concocted, blessed and utilized to scape goat Love just case LeBron needs it. If he doesn't, (they) can come along later and clean him up.

I won't do it.

I'm better than that. A damn sight better.

Clipper Nation
12-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Media never protects LeBron. Wade and Bosh shat the bed last June while LeBron had a great performance (28.2-7.8-4 on 57% shooting), yet the narrative was "LeBrick chokes again."

Your Kirby, on the other hand, has been cocooned by Media from minute one.

DMC
12-27-2014, 12:25 PM
No. Never said such. Using advanced statistics is at default pussy & assholish. It's doubly shit here because it's being concocted, blessed and utilized to scape goat Love just case LeBron needs it. If he doesn't, (they) can come along later and clean him up.

I won't do it.

I'm better than that. A damn sight better.

You're the exception, Dale. All things are pussy and assholish unless you do it, at which point they cease being pussy and assholish for the period of time you're doing it but resume afterward if you deem it to be so.

All about the rings... nope, 25-5-5 this year seems to be your motto
Sitting players is wrong... nope.. Kobe is sitting and Nash has been out all year. Still carrying the cross for Kobe though
Pussies and assholes tank... nope... Lakers have tanked two consecutive seasons... yet here you are pointing at a defending champ and making accusations

You don't have to admit it Dale, it's right there.

Thread
12-27-2014, 12:31 PM
You're the exception, Dale. All things are pussy and assholish unless you do it, at which point they cease being pussy and assholish for the period of time you're doing it but resume afterward if you deem it to be so.

All about the rings... nope, 25-5-5 this year seems to be your motto
Sitting players is wrong... nope.. Kobe is sitting and Nash has been out all year. Still carrying the cross for Kobe though
Pussies and assholes tank... nope... Lakers have tanked two consecutive seasons... yet here you are pointing at a defending champ and making accusations

You don't have to admit it Dale, it's right there.

TAINT

& you ain't talking me out of itPERIOD

Thread
12-27-2014, 12:33 PM
Media never protects LeBron. Wade and Bosh shat the bed last June while LeBron had a great performance (28.2-7.8-4 on 57% shooting), yet the narrative was "LeBrick chokes again."

Please, before Amy pressed the button Bosh was stretched out on the rack. The cacophony was incredible.

You're much too kind, CN.

Clipper Nation
12-27-2014, 12:35 PM
Please, before Amy pressed the button Bosh was stretched out on the rack. The cacophony was incredible.

Bosh and Wade never got an iota of criticismPERIOD

Meanwhile, you'd think Kirby never quit on draft day, raped, or took 2004 & 2008 out of the case, the way Media talks about him. Christ almighty!

DMC
12-27-2014, 12:35 PM

It's eating you alive Dale, June 2014 was your Waterloo.

Thread
12-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Bosh and Wade never got an iota of criticismPERIOD

Meanwhile, you'd think Kirby never quit on draft day, raped, or took 2004 & 2008 out of the case, the way Media talks about him. Christ almighty!

You've nary room. Your Neal raped, your Rodman quit. And yes, they let Wade be, but, they went after Bosh like the last pork chop on the plate till Amy showed up and ended it. Even after that they rode Bosh hard for makin' 'em worry so much, needlessly.

Thread
12-27-2014, 12:49 PM
It's eating you alive Dale, June 2014 was your Waterloo.

TAINT

& you ain't talking me out of itPERIOD

Clipper Nation
12-27-2014, 12:50 PM
You've nary room. Your Neal raped, your Rodman quit. And yes, they let Wade be, but, they went after Bosh like the last pork chop on the plate till Amy showed up and ended it. Even after that they rode Bosh hard for makin' 'em worry so much, needlessly.
Nuh uh. Nary a fuckin' word about Bosh from Media, just "LeBrick this, LeChoke that."

When Kirby's brought up, though, Media trots out every free pass in the book.

Thread
12-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Nuh uh. Nary a fuckin' word about Bosh from Media, just "LeBrick this, LeChoke that."

When Kirby's brought up, though, Media trots out every free pass in the book.

No, you are wrong.

Raven
12-27-2014, 12:57 PM

of course :lmao

Thread
12-27-2014, 01:00 PM
^Yeah, "they're" bored.

I ain't.

Clipper Nation
12-27-2014, 01:02 PM
:yield
lmvictoriousao!!!

Thread
12-27-2014, 01:26 PM
^^^I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

mavsfan1000
12-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Kevin Love is so soft.

m>s
12-27-2014, 02:58 PM

:lmao yeah only real assholes use facts and statistics!

RsxPiimp
12-27-2014, 03:53 PM
This board is obsessed with Kirbs. You guys need to find a hobby or something.

DMC
12-27-2014, 04:07 PM
Says Lakers fan on Spurs forum.

spurraider21
12-27-2014, 04:18 PM

nobody in the mainstream media was saying lebron choked in '14 :lol... you're reaching

RsxPiimp
12-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Says Lakers fan on Spurs forum.

Sir, It's an NBA forum afterall...

Clipper Nation
12-27-2014, 05:04 PM
Kirby stans want it both ways. When Kirby is getting carried to it by his teammates and refs, broke back belly draggin', they spam the forum up with their trolling. When Kirby shits the bed, they can't take the blowback and play the "obsessed" card.

Malik Hairston
12-27-2014, 05:11 PM
The Kevin Love hate is stupid, tbh..

Everybody knew what he was prior to the season, why is he expected to become a rim protector, all of a sudden?:lol..LeCoon knew this team wasn't going to win anything, he said it himself, it was strictly a PR move that catered to Whites..

Why would you acquire Kevin Love and surround him with mediocre/poor defenders that can't mask his lack of defense?

RsxPiimp
12-27-2014, 05:27 PM
Kirby stans want it both ways. When Kirby is getting carried to it by his teammates and refs, broke back belly draggin', they spam the forum up with their trolling. When Kirby shits the bed, they can't take the blowback and play the "obsessed" card.

Exhibit A

RsxPiimp
12-27-2014, 05:28 PM

Everybody knew what he was prior to the season, why is he expected to become a rim protector, all of a sudden?:lol..LeCoon knew this team wasn't going to win anything, he said it himself, it was strictly a PR move that catered to Whites..

Why would you acquire Kevin Love and surround him with mediocre/poor defenders that can't mask his lack of defense?

Truth bombs tbh...

Raven
12-27-2014, 05:33 PM

you may be on to something here actually..

spurraider21
12-27-2014, 05:35 PM

not being a rim protector is one thing. being a historically poor defensive player at TOSB Kobe levels is something else

and i think they were banking on LeBron, Marion, Varejao to offset Love's "defense"... but i never saw it happening. dont see where marion was supposed to get minutes and didnt trust varejaeo to be on the floor

Malik Hairston
12-27-2014, 05:38 PM
^^ people have said that about Love forever..the reason he looks "historically" bad this season(I don't know if that's true, haven't looked at the numbers) is because the peripheral defenders are also poor..defensive impact is largely affected by your surroundings..

You take a horrible defender like Love and you surround him with:

Irving(terrible on D)
Miller(terrible on D)
Marion(average)
Lebron(average nowadays)
Varejao(slightly above average, has declined dramatically)

And what do you expect? :lol..

That's like complaining about current Bonner's defense when his peripheral defenders are Parker, Belinelli, Ginobili and Diaw:lol..

spurraider21
12-27-2014, 05:40 PM
^^ people have said that about Love forever..the reason he looks "historically" bad this season(I don't know if that's true, haven't looked at the numbers) is because the peripheral defenders are also poor..defensive impact is largely affected by your surroundings..

You take a horrible defender like Love and you surround him with:

Irving(terrible on D)
Miller(terrible on D)
Marion(average)
Lebron(average nowadays)
Varejao(slightly above average, has declined dramatically)

And what do you expect? :lol..
well, i think people here have said that about Love forever, but now the MSM is catching on... casual fans/old media saw his defensive rebounding numbers and equated that with toughness and D. nobody cared to look closer because Minnesota was irrelevant

Malik Hairston
12-27-2014, 05:41 PM
The mainstream media has always discussed Love's lack of defense, I have never heard anybody say he's a tough defender:lol..

Lebron in Miami received all the blame, all the time, because he was the "bad guy"..Lebron in Cleveland is going to be exonerated of everything, because he's a media darling once again..

RsxPiimp
12-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Some people still don't know how defensive rating works:lol this one has been discussed in great lengths by basketball heads tbh. Harlem got it right tho fwiw.

Raven
12-27-2014, 05:43 PM
not being a rim protector is one thing. being a historically poor defensive player at TOSB Kobe levels is something else

and i think they were banking on LeBron, Marion, Varejao to offset Love's "defense"... but i never saw it happening. dont see where marion was supposed to get minutes and didnt trust varejaeo to be on the floor

i'm really saying a truff bomb here but many seem to overlook the fact that bad defence can't be offset. Good coaching always exposes bad defenders, no matter how much they are being hided, after all that's the whole point of going iso.

spurraider21
12-27-2014, 06:02 PM
i'm really saying a truff bomb here but many seem to overlook the fact that bad defence can't be offset. Good coaching always exposes bad defenders, no matter how much they are being hided, after all that's the whole point of going iso.
the idea behind the Mavs '11 run says otherwise with Chandler and Marion coming to Dirk's aid on that end

Raven
12-27-2014, 06:13 PM
the idea behind the Mavs '11 run says otherwise with Chandler and Marion coming to Dirk's aid on that end

that was the only year in his career that dirk played solid D. Not really about offset, he really gave a total effort.

ElNono
12-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Some peeps here were actually all over Love's nutsack as a defender because he would routinely grab double-digit boards...

Just an all around terrible take, tbh... Love has always been more interested in boxing out teammates to get the board count up than actually defending

ElNono
12-27-2014, 06:50 PM
that was the only year in his career that dirk played solid D. Not really about offset, he really gave a total effort.

Uh no, he was his usual underwhelming self on that end... It's just a lot easier when you have a guy like Chandler that has your back, plus that playoffs Dirk could offset absolutely anything offensively...

DMC
12-27-2014, 06:54 PM
Sir, It's an NBA forum afterall...
It's www.Spurstalk.com/forums/blah (http://www.Spurstalk.com/forums/blah) blah blah

Imagine a Spurs fan over at Lakers ground calling the "general basketball discussion" forum "an NBA forum after all" when told they were on a Lakers forum.

DMC
12-27-2014, 06:56 PM
Some peeps here were actually all over Love's nutsack as a defender because he would routinely grab double-digit boards...

Just an all around terrible take, tbh... Love has always been more interested in boxing out teammates to get the board count up than actually defending

Kevin Love is a smart man. He knows stats = money. He's never going to lead a team to the Finals, his only hope was to parlay stat padding into contracts and he has done so very well.

ElNono
12-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Kevin Love is a smart man. He knows stats = money. He's never going to lead a team to the Finals, his only hope was to parlay stat padding into contracts and he has done so very well.

I don't hate Kevin Love, tbh, I hate fans with terrible takes... like Hoops Czar, etc