PDA

View Full Version : Parker out for "a while"

SnakeBoy
12-27-2014, 12:03 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/27/spurs-could-sit-tony-parker-a-while-to-rest-nagging-hamstring/

“Every time he thinks it’s back, he feels something,” coach Gregg Popovich said before the completion of the sixth of seven double-doubles in 32 days for the Spurs. “He felt it at the end of the Clipper game. He gave it a run (Thursday). You can’t have him doing that so we’re going to sit him. Give it time and if we err, it’s on the conservative side. It keeps coming back and that’s not good, so we’re just going to sit him out for a while.”

dabom
12-27-2014, 12:04 PM
:lol

dabom
12-27-2014, 12:04 PM
:cry

Leetonidas
12-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Pop telling ST to stfu and eat a dick :lol

Raven
12-27-2014, 12:10 PM

Proxy
12-27-2014, 12:12 PM
:fight

EVAY
12-27-2014, 12:16 PM
As mentioned in another thread, Pop had said after the Clipper game that he was "scared to death" that Tony was back too soon. The fact is that TP can't do what the team needs him to do (run further and faster and with better cuts than anyone else on the team) when his legs are messed up. He always wants to play, but he doesn't play well when he is hurt so there is no point in doing it.

I agree with sitting him for however long it takes, but I swear the trainers have to make the guy do a long stint of warming up before and during whatever games are left in this season and post season whenever it is that he comes back.

Manu's hamstrings used to be a continual problem, but he has overcome that in the last few years. Maybe it is because he is playing fewer minutes than Tony, maybe it is because his role doesn't involve as much running around as Tony's when he (Manu) is not playing point, but the fact is that Manu's injuries have been more structural in the last few years than soft-tissue injuries, and it seems to me that all of his warm-ups and in-game stretching of those hamstrings has made a contribution to his hammy being a bit less injury prone than in the past.

I just hope that the team makes Tony do whatever it takes to keep his muscles warm during the games (when that hamstring goes out it is almost always toward the end of a game) in order to avoid it happening on a recurring basis.

It is absolutely clear that the team needs Tony functioning at a high level to get where it needs to go. Not only does a well Tony provide scoring at a 50% clip, but it takes so much pressure off of Manu to not be the only real playmaker out there. Cory has improved, but you just have to watch the games to see how much the offense sputters so often when Tony is out, going often into iso mode that is not the characteristic of the team.

ElNono
12-27-2014, 12:18 PM
get well soon... Hopefully he'll be ready to go for the ASG...

Floyd Pacquiao
12-27-2014, 12:20 PM
Gotta get him right. Rest him up for the playoffs

BillMc
12-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Pop is right as much as it hurts right now, we'll go nowhere if he and Kawhi aren't healthy. Better a healthy team with the 7th or 8th seed, than a batter one with the 5th or 6th,

NASpurs
12-27-2014, 12:42 PM

dabom
12-27-2014, 12:44 PM

I laughed too. :lmao Got me thinking if coaches even vote for any spurs players since we aren't even top 3 this year.

dabom
12-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Nono with the digs. :lol

DarrinS
12-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Oh well. MVPatty coming back soon

Mal
12-27-2014, 01:03 PM
We should be good with Patty and CoJo. No worries

Malik Hairston
12-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Parker is just a luxury, at this point, as we saw in the playoffs..when he contributes, of course it helps, but the Spurs don't really need him, tbh..

Mills will return soon, and Joseph(as much as I dislike him as a starter) can be a suitable backup..

The primary concern is Kawhi's injury, and the entire season depends on it..

FkLA
12-27-2014, 04:56 PM
As mentioned in another thread, Pop had said after the Clipper game that he was "scared to death" that Tony was back too soon. The fact is that TP can't do what the team needs him to do (run further and faster and with better cuts than anyone else on the team) when his legs are messed up. He always wants to play, but he doesn't play well when he is hurt so there is no point in doing it.

I agree with sitting him for however long it takes, but I swear the trainers have to make the guy do a long stint of warming up before and during whatever games are left in this season and post season whenever it is that he comes back.

Manu's hamstrings used to be a continual problem, but he has overcome that in the last few years. Maybe it is because he is playing fewer minutes than Tony, maybe it is because his role doesn't involve as much running around as Tony's when he (Manu) is not playing point, but the fact is that Manu's injuries have been more structural in the last few years than soft-tissue injuries, and it seems to me that all of his warm-ups and in-game stretching of those hamstrings has made a contribution to his hammy being a bit less injury prone than in the past.

I just hope that the team makes Tony do whatever it takes to keep his muscles warm during the games (when that hamstring goes out it is almost always toward the end of a game) in order to avoid it happening on a recurring basis.

It is absolutely clear that the team needs Tony functioning at a high level to get where it needs to go. Not only does a well Tony provide scoring at a 50% clip, but it takes so much pressure off of Manu to not be the only real playmaker out there. Cory has improved, but you just have to watch the games to see how much the offense sputters so often when Tony is out, going often into iso mode that is not the characteristic of the team.

STFU. This all but proves Pop isn't holding him back. Enrique is just apparently incapable of playing when the slightest sign of pain resurfaces.

Cant wait for Patty to come back tbh.

FkLA
12-27-2014, 05:01 PM
And no Manu never sat out a fucking month with a mild hamstring strain. Noone does not even Derrick fucking Rose. It is a day-to-day injury.

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-27-2014, 05:08 PM
Gives CoJo and Mills time to grow more....

EVAY
12-27-2014, 05:20 PM
STFU.

Eloquent as always.

When reason cannot advance your argument, try vulgarity.

Brilliant.

siraulo23
12-27-2014, 05:34 PM
Parker should have taken the summer off tbh

FkLA
12-27-2014, 05:37 PM
Eloquent as always.

Brilliant.

You think your' eloquence' makes your post any less retarded? You are trying to justify the fact that a day-to-day injury has turned into a month long thing with Enrique, that's all it comes down to. Noone, not Manu or D-Rose, misses a month with that weak ass 'injury'.

Youre French aren't you?

Beaverfuzz
12-27-2014, 05:41 PM
Oh well. MVPatty coming back soon

This. Even if Patty plays 10 minutes to start, that's 10 minutes of Manu and CoJo playing their true roles...as SG's. (or PF's :lol )

Malik Hairston
12-27-2014, 05:46 PM
This. Even if Patty plays 10 minutes to start, that's 10 minutes of Manu and CoJo playing their true roles...as SG's. (or PF's :lol )

:lol Cory Joseph as a PF is a pretty good description of his game, tbh, although he's more of a SF IMO..

EVAY
12-27-2014, 06:06 PM
You think your' eloquence' makes your post any less retarded? You are trying to justify the fact that a day-to-day injury has turned into a month long thing with Enrique, that's all it comes down to. Noone, not Manu or D-Rose, misses a month with that.

Youre French aren't you?

No, I'm british, as a matter of fact. The reality that I am capable of writing in more than one language does not make me any of those nationalities. I'm not Spanish either.

Look, what I can't figure out is if you really want TP back, why bitch about how he plays then? Parker doesn't have the talents of a Manu, has played more NBA basketball minutes than anyone else on the Spurs team when combining regular season and playoff minutes except Tim Duncan (and he is what, 6 years older than Parker?), and has run (yes run) further and faster than any other Spur for the last decade or so. In other words, his legs are not 32. They are older than that. Everybody knows that Parker's effective play depends on his wheels. When his wheels are sub-par, his game is sub-par. So whether you like it or not, the fact that his game is impacted by injury at this stage of his career is not necessarily a matter of intensity or desire or guts, or any of those things.

Duncan started his NBA career after he graduated college. The college season is not quite as hard and demanding as the NBA. Tony started the pg position almost as soon as he got to the team at the age of 19. He has been playing NBA ball a lot longer than a lot of the guys who used to only join the NBA after college. After a certain amount of wear and tear,
things don't heal as quickly as they once did.

If Parker comes back too soon the same thing will happen that happened this time. What started out as a potentially minor issue gets re-injured, which takes longer to heal than it would have the first time. Pop knew this and didn't want Parker to come back as early as he did this time. Parker insisted, got back in, re-injured it - so now he out for even longer.

Since Parker does not play well when his wheels are in pain, why in the world do you want him to play when he is hurting? THAT is when he hurts the team.

It is one thing to rely on vulgarity to make your point; it is quite another to ignore facts and to simply insist on pretending that you know what any other person's mental and/or emotional state.

I don't know if Parker is faking injury. I can't imagine why he would, but I could be wrong.

You don't know if Parker is faking injury, but you malign his character as though you are certain of it. Moreover, you attack other posters who disagree with you as 'retards' or 'fucking retards', and malign their character. What a guy!!!

FkLA
12-27-2014, 07:04 PM
No, I'm british, as a matter of fact. The reality that I am capable of writing in more than one language does not make me any of those nationalities. I'm not Spanish either.

Look, what I can't figure out is if you really want TP back, why bitch about how he plays then? Parker doesn't have the talents of a Manu, has played more NBA basketball minutes than anyone else on the Spurs team when combining regular season and playoff minutes except Tim Duncan (and he is what, 6 years older than Parker?), and has run (yes run) further and faster than any other Spur for the last decade or so. In other words, his legs are not 32. They are older than that. Everybody knows that Parker's effective play depends on his wheels. When his wheels are sub-par, his game is sub-par. So whether you like it or not, the fact that his game is impacted by injury at this stage of his career is not necessarily a matter of intensity or desire or guts, or any of those things.

Duncan started his NBA career after he graduated college. The college season is not quite as hard and demanding as the NBA. Tony started the pg position almost as soon as he got to the team at the age of 19. He has been playing NBA ball a lot longer than a lot of the guys who used to only join the NBA after college. After a certain amount of wear and tear,
things don't heal as quickly as they once did.

If Parker comes back too soon the same thing will happen that happened this time. What started out as a potentially minor issue gets re-injured, which takes longer to heal than it would have the first time. Pop knew this and didn't want Parker to come back as early as he did this time. Parker insisted, got back in, re-injured it - so now he out for even longer.

Since Parker does not play well when his wheels are in pain, why in the world do you want him to play when he is hurting? THAT is when he hurts the team.

It is one thing to rely on vulgarity to make your point; it is quite another to ignore facts and to simply insist on pretending that you know what any other person's mental and/or emotional state.

I don't know if Parker is faking injury. I can't imagine why he would, but I could be wrong.

You don't know if Parker is faking injury, but you malign his character as though you are certain of it. Moreover, you attack other posters who disagree with you as 'retards' or 'fucking retards', and malign their character. What a guy!!!

Bro, it's a mild hamstring strain. I obviously wouldn't be saying anything if it was a legit hamstring tear or any other serious injury. It's absolutely soft on his part to not play through it at the first sign of pain. You think Timmy and Manu's old ass bodies aren't hurting at any given time?

It's like if he can't play like prime Parker he just checks out and that's BS. Things aren't going to come as easy as they did when he was younger and faster....but he needs to play through that. All good players go through it. He can still be helpful to the team even if he isn't at his peak level. He needs to stop being a bitch and reallize the team needs him. I don't think he is faking it just being soft.

weebo
12-27-2014, 07:12 PM
It's best to give him the rest he needs. A Tony Parker less than 100% doesn't help the Spurs. Let's just hope he'll be better by the time the playoffs role around.

Chomag
12-27-2014, 08:24 PM
Dont think TP will be able to be 100% pain free at this stage in his career. It's now all about what pain he can playthrough . Why is father of time so mean....

AaronY
12-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Eloquent as always.

Brilliant.

Ice009
12-27-2014, 10:25 PM
Does he even need to sit for this kind of injury? Can he tear if it he plays through it? If not, then he should be playing.

pgardn
12-27-2014, 10:50 PM
Bro, it's a mild hamstring strain. I obviously wouldn't be saying anything if it was a legit hamstring tear or any other serious injury. It's absolutely soft on his part to not play through it at the first sign of pain. You think Timmy and Manu's old ass bodies aren't hurting at any given time?

It's like if he can't play like prime Parker he just checks out and that's BS. Things aren't going to come as easy as they did when he was younger and faster....but he needs to play through that. All good players go through it. He can still be helpful to the team even if he isn't at his peak level. He needs to stop being a bitch and reallize the team needs him. I don't think he is faking it just being soft.

If Parker is not ready to be fast he does not help us.

This should be obvious by now.
If Duncan had to change speeds at high speeds like Parker does, Duncan would no longer be playing.

Johnny RIngo
12-27-2014, 11:02 PM
Duncan started his NBA career after he graduated college. The college season is not quite as hard and demanding as the NBA. Tony started the pg position almost as soon as he got to the team at the age of 19. He has been playing NBA ball a lot longer than a lot of the guys who used to only join the NBA after college. After a certain amount of wear and tear, things don't heal as quickly as they once did.

:lol Comparing Duncan's near all-time great longevity to Parker's. What wear and tear does Tony have? He's been carried by Duncan and Manu for most of his career. The reason why Parker sucks now is because he primarily relied on his athletcism(quickness) to be effective. Now that he's lost his speed, he doesn't have much to offer as a player. He never was a good enough shooter to play into his late 30s like Nash/Stockton. Never had anywhere near the great court vision either. That $56 million contract is looking cancerous right now.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-27-2014, 11:10 PM
I agree with sitting him and Evay's post is a good one. Tony has to realize he's not a kid anymore. The trainers have to keep him loose during the game.

ElNono
12-27-2014, 11:15 PM
Turns out Gino was pretty resilient after all...

I still think this is Pop being more cautious than anything...

ViceCity86
12-28-2014, 12:13 AM
Bring him back after AS Break.Let Leonard have surgery now,maybe still make the playoffs.
This season has been a bitch with injuries.

rasuo214
12-28-2014, 02:50 AM
Parker could probably play but he isn't very effective when he's slowed down. He relies a lot on his speed/quickness and if Parker isn't providing on the offensive end then he isn't going to help the team much (CoJo is a much better defender). So might as well let him rest until he's 100% because injured TP toughing through a leg injury doesn't really help out the team.

mkurts
12-28-2014, 03:34 AM
Parker without athleticism is like Josh Smith

Venti Quattro
12-28-2014, 04:10 AM

:lmao :lmao

CROFL COP vs COM :lol

TheGreatYacht
12-28-2014, 07:40 AM
It is absolutely clear that the team needs Tony functioning at a high level to get where it needs to go. Not only does a well Tony provide scoring at a 50% clip, but it takes so much pressure off of Manu to not be the only real playmaker out there. Cory has improved, but you just have to watch the games to see how much the offense sputters so often when Tony is out, going often into iso mode that is not the characteristic of the team.THIS.

STFU. This all but proves Pop isn't holding him back. Enrique is just apparently incapable of playing when the slightest sign of pain resurfaces.
Cant wait for Patty to come back tbh.Aww...the truth is so painful huh :(. I hope Tony doesn't come back for the rest of the year just so dumb fucks like you will realize that without Parker on the team, the Spurs have no chance of repeating.

rmt
12-28-2014, 08:03 AM
Parker is just a luxury, at this point, as we saw in the playoffs..when he contributes, of course it helps, but the Spurs don't really need him, tbh..

Mills will return soon, and Joseph(as much as I dislike him as a starter) can be a suitable backup..

The primary concern is Kawhi's injury, and the entire season depends on it..
hear hear. Khawi is the one who takes this team to another level on both sides of the floor.

dabom
12-28-2014, 08:13 AM
THIS.
Aww...the truth is so painful huh :(. I hope Tony doesn't come back for the rest of the year just so dumb fucks like you will realize that without Parker on the team, the Spurs have no chance of repeating.

:lmao

gilmor
12-28-2014, 08:14 AM
Actually tbh, without parker, this team can't win another championship.

Why is that so? because Manu can't play a full game without tiring. And in the playoffs, it will become very obvious. There are a lot of intangibles in this team make-up.. with the key players being one of these: Duncan, Manu, Parker, Leonard, Splitter, Diaw, and I would say, to a certain extent, Green. Without any of these players, the rest will have to fill up the spots. This team will not be as potent as a unit.

You can bitch or diss any player, but they all contribute to Spurs wining the overall championship.

GrandeDavid
12-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Last season was glorious and there's much to be grateful for, but we are finally seeing the end of this unbelievably historical run. If we can make the playoffs and somehow be healthy (although I believe Kawhi will be shelved for the season soon), the Spurs could put a good scare on a team or two. But they look not only injured and older, but their offense looks figured out.

dabom
12-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Last season was glorious and there's much to be grateful for, but we are finally seeing the end of this unbelievably historical run. If we can make the playoffs and somehow be healthy (although I believe Kawhi will be shelved for the season soon), the Spurs could put a good scare on a team or two. But they look not only injured and older, but their offense looks figured out.

I can tell you're a big faggot.

Ice009
12-28-2014, 09:56 AM

Kawhi's not a quitter like you.

He's not sitting out the rest of the season.

SupremeGuy
12-28-2014, 10:29 AM
Pop is such a commie, tbh.

Apparently he's a far-left liberal but when it comes to injuries he's more conservative than the founding fathers, tbh. What a bitch.

DDUBB1770
12-28-2014, 11:15 AM
U guys r fucking stupid this will b a team that's get the ring won't make playoffs fucking nba rigged this shit against us because of pop not walking the company line! No claw no frenchie too many games to make up lucky if we battle okc for 8 seed at this point... Too many minutes for td Manu no fucking chance even if we get there... By the way our medical staff physical therapy team eats fucking donkey clit most nagging injuries in the league by far past decade

Macca76
12-28-2014, 12:38 PM

You're so stupid and hateful that's sad. I'll trust Spurs staff on this. Did you really think that it's a Matter of "being soft" ?
Have you ever paid attention to TP's game ? Haven't you followed the Spurs over the years ? Calling TP soft is just plain stupid and your obsession with this tells a lot about your objectivity on the matter. I couldn't care less about your opinion but this is really becoming annoying.

FkLA
12-28-2014, 04:04 PM
You're so stupid and hateful that's sad. I'll trust Spurs staff on this. Did you really think that it's a Matter of "being soft" ?
Have you ever paid attention to TP's game ? Haven't you followed the Spurs over the years ? Calling TP soft is just plain stupid and your obsession with this tells a lot about your objectivity on the matter. I couldn't care less about your opinion but this is really becoming annoying.

Well FYI the Spurs staff has it listed as a mild hamstring strain. Why don't you do your own research on that type of injury and see for yourself just how minor it is? The staff isn't holding him out, Enrique is doing it himself bc he felt the pain again. :cry

FkLA
12-28-2014, 04:32 PM
If Parker is not ready to be fast he does not help us.

This should be obvious by now.
If Duncan had to change speeds at high speeds like Parker does, Duncan would no longer be playing.

Parker could probably play but he isn't very effective when he's slowed down. He relies a lot on his speed/quickness and if Parker isn't providing on the offensive end then he isn't going to help the team much (CoJo is a much better defender). So might as well let him rest until he's 100% because injured TP toughing through a leg injury doesn't really help out the team.

I agree with sitting him and Evay's post is a good one. Tony has to realize he's not a kid anymore. The trainers have to keep him loose during the game.

Oh yeahh lets get him to the point where he's absolutely painless!! Running Timmy and Manu's bodies to the ground is meaningless in comparison to babying Enrique.

We can't win with a less than 100% Enrique but we sure can win with a worn out Timmy and Manu!!

ElNono
12-28-2014, 05:15 PM
He's gonna have a busy summer with playoffs (hopefully) and the French NT, so if he's gonna rest, this is the time to do it, tbh

UZER
12-28-2014, 05:18 PM
Pop is such a commie, tbh.

Apparently he's a far-left liberal but when it comes to injuries he's more conservative than the founding fathers, tbh. What a bitch.

SupremeGuy
12-28-2014, 05:56 PM
He's gonna have a busy summer with playoffs (hopefully) and the French NT, so if he's gonna rest, this is the time to do it, tbh:nope No talk of summer ball after he's being such a bitch this year, tbh.

Beaverfuzz
12-28-2014, 06:10 PM
Quit being a pussy Parker!

Johnny RIngo
12-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Should have let him go in the summer and signed someone like Lowry instead. Cheaper and more reliable than the soft Frenchie.

DPG21920
12-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Should have let him go in the summer and signed someone like Lowry instead. Cheaper and more reliable than the soft Frenchie.

lol

Ice009
12-28-2014, 11:23 PM

I actually had a silly thought of getting Lowry in a trade early last season as Parker's backup. I thought I read that they were looking at trading him very early in the season.

Lowry went off though and became a consistent starting PG with lots of big games.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-30-2014, 02:06 AM
Oh yeahh lets get him to the point where he's absolutely painless!! Running Timmy and Manu's bodies to the ground is meaningless in comparison to babying Enrique.

We can't win with a less than 100% Enrique but we sure can win with a worn out Timmy and Manu!!

Rest them all. If you are losing both ends of a b2b why play any of them??

BackHome
12-30-2014, 07:34 PM

Why is that so? because Manu can't play a full game without tiring. And in the playoffs, it will become very obvious. There are a lot of intangibles in this team make-up.. with the key players being one of these: Duncan, Manu, Parker, Leonard, Splitter, Diaw, and I would say, to a certain extent, Green. Without any of these players, the rest will have to fill up the spots. This team will not be as potent as a unit.

You can bitch or diss any player, but they all contribute to Spurs wining the overall championship.

+1

hater
12-30-2014, 08:09 PM
U guys r fucking stupid this will b a team that's get the ring won't make playoffs fucking nba rigged this shit against us because of pop not walking the company line! No claw no frenchie too many games to make up lucky if we battle okc for 8 seed at this point... Too many minutes for td Manu no fucking chance even if we get there... By the way our medical staff physical therapy team eats fucking donkey clit most nagging injuries in the league by far past decade

truth nuke

Sean Cagney
12-30-2014, 08:42 PM

You can bitch or diss any player, but they all contribute to Spurs wining the overall championship.Damn right... Dead on.