PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs' early struggles could mean trouble in the future

Chomag
12-28-2014, 12:06 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/12/27/7454681/san-antonio-spurs-early-struggles

Interesting read from SB

spurs10
12-28-2014, 12:19 AM
This will certainly brighten up your day. :(

Budkin
12-28-2014, 02:01 AM
:lol that article reeks of desperation.

SnakeBoy
12-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Most of the article is bs, this is the only important point in it...

As a result the Spurs have used 18 different starting lineups in 31 games and their most used unit from last season has only been on the court together for eight minutes.

FireMicoHalili
12-28-2014, 11:48 AM
I'm all for the Spurs winning it all again this year. The current situation is a bit disconcerting. The schedule is going to soften up after December, but one has to wonder if the team has enough gas to still win once the schedule mellows down. If some people have noticed, the Spurs have been checked. Other teams have been employing the Spurs' strategies (particularly ball movement) this season. An extra scorer during December would have been useful, just not sure how the Spurs would have gotten an extra scoring punch with the pieces they had. All from the benefit of hindsight anyway, I'm sure Pop has been aching to get a healthy squad and is holding onto that hope.

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-28-2014, 12:40 PM
I'm going to be honest. This team has given me more than I could have ever asked for. For them to continue thus forever is not resonable.

As a sports fan what we ask for is a good strong goodbye not a Steve Nash type farewell. The fear is the end being not making playoffs and then no more. To think they also will repeat even before this season started is unreasonable. All I ask is for them to all be healthy and give it all they got. When it ends it will end and we can say thank you....appreciate what you have been given and still have.

Capt Bringdown
12-28-2014, 01:29 PM
When the wheels fall off, and it's gonna happen, it might start out looking like what the Spurs are going through now. There's no bullet-proof system, coach or player that can escape Father Time & health issues. Spurs need to get healthy, obviously, but as far as our repeat dreams go, that's going to be very hard to do without HCA.

phxspurfan
12-28-2014, 03:39 PM
no duh? There's always a good chance the team continues the trend it's been on.