PDA

View Full Version : Ran into Cojo last night....

Yuixafun
12-28-2014, 09:12 PM
While I was at the club with my boy, from Houston.... which is ironic because Trevor Ariza was there too.

Anyway he was one understated confidant cool dude.
I was walking to the back bar when I noticed him standing in an alcove.

I already had a buzz going and I thought this guy looks familiar.. and than it clicked.

Corey Joseph!

(... It's weird too, cuz I was chilling at some bar off Huebner last month and met Devon Brown.
And Tony Parker has come to my work, and I made sushi delivery for Manu)

I walked up to him and gave him props.
I told him man, you've been stepping it up lately, in certain end game situations when the team needs a basket to stop the bleeding, kinda like Tony Parker
and he started glowing, saying he appreciated that.

I asked him about the morale of the team and he said with the utmost sincerity, aahhhhh we'll be alright.
Not even one trace of worry from him.

I asked him about Kawhi's injury and he said it wasn't so bad and he'd be back none to long.
I mentioned how it seemed from Pop's interviews that it might be truly serious, and he dismissed that.
That's when I brought up how people say that's... CIA Pop, putting out misinformation.
I guess he never heard that cuz he started grinning.

Brought up his upcoming contract and he said it's too early...

But when the discussion was winding down, he reiterated that the Spurs would be alright, with a knowing look.. that made me flashback to game 5 of last year
and how the Spurs were so utterly beyond everyone else.

I nodded and agreed telling him, yea ya'll at full strength is like a different being compared to the rest of the league, that last year the Spurs transformed into Monarchs while
everyone else are still caterpillars.

ps..... I'm so glad I decided to wear my Spurs cap that I got for Christmas black on black with Spurs on underneath the brim instead of my Road Runner Beanie. I'm sure it had something to do with him being so candid with me.

stephen jackson
12-28-2014, 09:20 PM
you have very good grammar.

RD2191
12-28-2014, 09:25 PM
This thread needs white pants.

Cry Havoc
12-28-2014, 09:34 PM
After this conversation I'd have to say OP has enough class to get invited to the Playboy Mansion.

Cool story though, in earnest. :tu

Perry Mason
12-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Sounds legit to me. Not sure why everyone immediately has doubt. I've run into Tim Duncan and other Spurs in the wild before; it's not unheard of to start talking to them. Thanks for sharing OP. Of course, if it is made up, then GFY. :)

TheGreatYacht
12-28-2014, 09:38 PM
So it's safe to say, he'll sign an autograph for my unborn daughter?

hater
12-28-2014, 09:40 PM
Roger Mason Jr. also said spurs would be "aight"

just saying...

Cry Havoc
12-28-2014, 09:40 PM
Sounds legit to me. Not sure why everyone immediately has doubt. I've run into Tim Duncan and other Spurs in the wild before; it's not unheard of to start talking to them. Thanks for sharing OP. Of course, if it is made up, then GFY. :)

Trolls and assholes have been steadily taking over this site for a while now.

Mikeanaro
12-28-2014, 09:42 PM
I can picture Kawhi coming back like Ibaka in the playoffs with a silver & black cape on his head creating tension and ready to be the Spurs spiritual leader, nice script Pop.

mystargtr34
12-28-2014, 09:43 PM
This thread needs white pants.

:lol i was going to ask OP what colour pants he wore that night.

Yuixafun
12-28-2014, 09:46 PM
Well if this adds any more veracity to my words....

I asked him if he was chilling solo... (kinda hoping for him to say that there were some other players there) but he nodded at the direction of guy approaching... black dude with a long sorta pointy Egyptian style beard.

I guess that was his homey or part of his posse.

That's when I sort of gently got brushed off lol.

Yuixafun
12-28-2014, 09:48 PM
I had black tuxedo pants on... and grey shoes with blue laces from Aldo, went with my Spurs cap and Detriot Lions grey hoodie =)

SupremeGuy
12-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Cool story. :toast

RD2191
12-28-2014, 09:50 PM
I had black tuxedo pants on... and grey shoes with blue laces from Aldo, went with my Spurs cap and Detriot Lions grey hoodie =)
Are you a hobo?

Cry Havoc
12-28-2014, 09:51 PM

http://i.imgur.com/iLlpvvA.png

ElNono
12-28-2014, 09:51 PM
Thanks for sharing :tu

Hemotivo
12-28-2014, 09:53 PM
:tu

Horse
12-28-2014, 10:04 PM
He's really stepped up

Yuixafun
12-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Are you a hobo?

lol nah, sushi chef at 2 places..

Lol... it might sound like some random clothing,

but I try to dress for comfort, color schemes, and textures nowadays.

It's become enjoyable to develop a style...

Gotta remember it's been fukken cold and drizzly lately, I ain't trying to get sick.

Hence the grey hoodie, with Detriot Lions in blue lettering on the chest, which connected with the shoes, which had the blue laces, and the grey shoes
I can glide in, and they popped because of the black pants.

Those Tuxedo pants are on point, they radiate quality, and you can dance in them so easy cuz they are unrestrictive and extremely grinding friendly.

Spurs cap was the finishing flourish... but this is all besides the point!

I can only hope maybe my gushing fan praises helped Cojo bolster his spirit, which was already starting to brim.

I was just so surprised how chill he was and laid back confidant.

I understand better how he attacks the rim the way he does now.

That guy is starting to get the Glow ( Last Dragon movie reference)

SupremeGuy
12-28-2014, 10:16 PM
Are you a hobo?lol dick

barakz21
12-28-2014, 10:28 PM
Cojo's always struck me as a confident but not cocky kind of dude since his rookie year tbh

HI-FI
12-28-2014, 10:30 PM
CoJo has been a badass lately. Not perfect but fearless and helping to hold the fort down.

12-28-2014, 10:37 PM
I don't even...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rZxKilLVYk4/Tzp5FHku2yI/AAAAAAAAAyU/g_k73uauybI/s1600/jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

That fit sounds awful but thanks for the info bro

look_at_g_shred
12-28-2014, 10:38 PM
Attention whore

ajh18
12-28-2014, 10:40 PM
Cool story.

look_at_g_shred
12-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Cool story bro.

100%duncan
12-29-2014, 12:15 AM
Nice. I love sustoo would love to meet you tbh

Sean Cagney
12-29-2014, 02:25 AM
I can picture Kawhi coming back like Ibaka in the playoffs with a silver & black cape on his head creating tension and ready to be the Spurs spiritual leader, nice script Pop.

If he takes that long to come back (Playoffs) with the schedule the Spurs have then there might not be any playoffs to be quite honest. A little bit earlier would be better for Kawhi to come back, IF HEALTHY.

Mikeanaro
12-29-2014, 02:46 AM
If he takes that long to come back (Playoffs) with the schedule the Spurs have then there might not be any playoffs to be quite honest. A little bit earlier would be better for Kawhi to come back, IF HEALTHY.
Maybe Spurs wont make the playoffs, but he will still appear with the cape in another team series creating fear and tension as part of the crowd :lmao
Just kidding
:pop:

milkyway21
12-29-2014, 05:09 AM
I like the Kawhi part :D CIA Pop indeed :tu

DJR210
12-29-2014, 05:49 AM
Detriot Lions grey hoodie =)

You son of a bitch.. too bad it wasn't Josh Brent you ran into, he could have gave you a ride home.

Yuixafun
12-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Nice. I love sustoo would love to meet you tbh

Sup fellow pinoy!

Yuixafun
12-29-2014, 11:05 AM
You son of a bitch.. too bad it wasn't Josh Brent you ran into, he could have gave you a ride home.

Oh I see.... (shrug) it's not that I'm a huge Detroit fan, just Barry Sanders was my favorite player growing up.

But man... wishing death on somebody just because they root for a different team, during the holiday seasons, even for a laugh, is damned misguided.

Carry on.

DMC
12-29-2014, 12:05 PM
So it's safe to say, he'll sign an autograph for my unborn daughter?
If so he'd have to sign my nutsack.

DMC
12-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Seriously though, Cojo was standing off to himself probably because he didn't want to talk about basketball.

rmt
12-29-2014, 12:43 PM
The extended minutes are helping Joseph and Green to develop. Just hope Duncan and Manu don't wear down too much until Leonard and Parker can get healthy.

james evans
12-29-2014, 01:20 PM
If so he'd have to sign my nutsack.
typical gay shit from a gay man

Yuixafun
12-29-2014, 02:19 PM
Seriously though, Cojo was standing off to himself probably because he didn't want to talk about basketball.

Yea man... I knew after I talked about upcoming contracts, it sort of dulled the vibes.

I should have asked him instead about Canada, I watch a lot of battle raps and they have a good League over there.

DJR210
12-29-2014, 03:30 PM
Are you a hobo?

:lmao that's an insult to the homeless

EVAY
12-29-2014, 04:17 PM
Cory does seem to respond very well to compliments. I saw him recently at a grocery store and since I try not to bug players when I see them out, I just told him "great games lately kiddo" as I passed him and he just beamed and grinned and said thanks. He looked at me as if he couldn't believe I was saying it to him. Either he is not accustomed to being recognized yet or spoken to, I don't know.

Given the social setting you were in with him your somewhat extended conversation is appropriate; I'm not implying that you shouldn't have chatted with him as long as you wished.

I have only seen the ones I have seen in passing in public and that's when I feel like I shouldn't intrude on their space.

Spur|n|Austin
12-29-2014, 04:20 PM
Seems like a nice guy. I was sitting court-side at a Toros game last season and he tossed me a ball during shoot around and said "go for it".

EVAY
12-29-2014, 04:42 PM
Seems like a nice guy. I was sitting court-side at a Toros game last season and he tossed me a ball during shoot around and said "go for it".

Cool. So...did you go for it?

ThaBigFundamental21
12-29-2014, 07:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/iLlpvvA.png

Holy shit, I'm dying over here! That was the stuff of legends!

Spur|n|Austin
12-29-2014, 08:17 PM
Cool. So...did you go for it?

Yep.. Air balled the shit out of it while standing out of bounds. We laughed and I asked him to shoot again, I stepped up and clanked it off the rim :lol. In my defense I had my big ass school ring on, so that didn't help. The 80 year old usher was not too happy about it all and asked me not to shoot again while my buddies just laughed at my broke shots.

DJR210
12-29-2014, 09:34 PM
Yea man... I knew after I talked about upcoming contracts, it sort of dulled the vibes.

I should have asked him instead about Canada, I watch a lot of battle raps and they have a good League over there.

:lol yeah, people don't really care to discuss their pay with randoms, basketball player or not.

taps
12-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Dear SpursTalk Forum,. I know this will sound unbelievable, and I don't think I'd believe it either if I wasn't writing it...

Beaverfuzz
12-29-2014, 10:45 PM
OP, did you rub one out immediately after you got home?

heyheymymy
12-30-2014, 05:40 AM
but I try to dress for comfort, color schemes, and textures nowadays.

It's become enjoyable to develop a style...

Hence the grey hoodie, with Detriot Lions in blue lettering on the chest, which connected with the shoes, which had the blue laces, and the grey shoes
I can glide in, and they popped because of the black pants.

Those Tuxedo pants are on point, they radiate quality, and you can dance in them so easy cuz they are unrestrictive and extremely grinding friendly.

Spurs cap was the finishing flourish... but this is all besides the point!

g-er than fuck man

EVAY
12-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Yep.. Air balled the shit out of it while standing out of bounds. We laughed and I asked him to shoot again, I stepped up and clanked it off the rim :lol. In my defense I had my big ass school ring on, so that didn't help. The 80 year old usher was not too happy about it all and asked me not to shoot again while my buddies just laughed at my broke shots.

:tu :lol

Cry Havoc
12-30-2014, 03:16 PM
Holy shit, I'm dying over here! That was the stuff of legends!

http://i.imgur.com/abDvak1.png

I'm a runner, so this is my favorite of the fashion memes. :lol

http://imgur.com/a/InTRW

All of them that I know of are here. They're all phenomenal.

Yuixafun
01-02-2015, 01:07 PM
:lol yeah, people don't really care to discuss their pay with randoms, basketball player or not.

Yea you're right.

I need to work on my closing better.

In some universe we would have hit it off, and he would have been like... "Ay you're mad cool man, me and my posse finna roll out, probably get something to grub, you wanna go?

And this would have been an entirely different thread.

DJR210
01-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Yea you're right.

I need to work on my closing better.

In some universe we would have hit it off, and he would have been like... "Ay you're mad cool man, me and my posse finna roll out, probably get something to grub, you wanna go?

And this would have been an entirely different thread.

What the hell were your intentions?

gospursgojas
01-02-2015, 05:19 PM
What the hell were your intentions?

To be part of said posse.

Yuixafun
05-21-2016, 10:27 PM
Well I reckon since he's no longer part of the team...

I ran into him at Sugars haha.

That was a sweet buzzer beater to end the 3rd.