PDA

View Full Version : Official thread for coaching fires/hires

spurraider21
12-29-2014, 03:41 AM
- the first coach to get the axe this year was Dennis Allen after week 4. Sparano is not going to be keeping the job... remains to be seen if he'll even be back as an assistant

- we all know Niners announced the Harbs is gone (most reports have him going to Michigan)

- Chris Mortensen reported that the Jets are going to fire both GM Idzik AND Rex Ryan on monday

- Dolphins are keeping Philbin, Skins are keeping Jay Gruden, MNF is keeping Jon Gruden

- Potential candidates to get canned... Mike Smith, Gus Bradley (too soon?), Lovie Smith.

- Darkhorse fire candidates... Ken Whisenhunt, Mike McCoy

Jeff Van Gundy
12-29-2014, 03:47 AM
Tom coughlin should be in the hot seat, but after seeing what odell can offer, he might be back for one more year

spurraider21
12-29-2014, 03:53 AM
If Cruz comes back healthy, they have a damn good receiving trio. They need O-Line help though

TheCultOfPersonality
12-29-2014, 05:13 AM
Rooting for Mark Tressmam and Mel Tucker to keep their jobs.

benefactor
12-29-2014, 07:10 AM
Read yesterday evening that the Titans are keeping Whiz.:lol

Mal
12-29-2014, 09:08 AM
Ryan officially fired. Why people keep saying that he`s a good coach, but unlucky etc.

resistanze
12-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Mike Smith, Trestman gone

Avante
12-29-2014, 10:23 AM
I'm broken hearted over letting Harbaugh go. There is nobody out there who can take his place.

Trill Clinton
12-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Mike Smith, Trestman gone

Pelicans78
12-29-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm broken hearted over letting Harbaugh go. There is nobody out there who can take his place.

Yeah, get used to those 7-9 seasons at best again. That organization is looking for a "good soldier" with little backbone.

Avante
12-29-2014, 11:00 AM
Yeah, get used to those 7-9 seasons at best again. That organization is looking for a "good soldier" with little backbone.

Yep, I totally agree. This sucks~~~~~~~~~~~~

leemajors
12-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Ryan officially fired. Why people keep saying that he`s a good coach, but unlucky etc.

the front office did little to help the offense, i don't think you can place all the blame on Ryan.

Kyle Orton
12-29-2014, 02:39 PM
skins need to fire haslett and morris (DC and secondary coach), promote bruce allen from GM to President and hire someone else from a succesful organization to be GM. We have AJ smith in the organization now and he can draft but he also fucked San Diego. He is better than the current garbage in the FO right now though. We cant draft for shit.

Keep RG3 this year for the 3 million we owe him in his final year and see how he plays in year 2 of the offense with hopefully a revamped line. Go into this draft and trade down the number 5 pick to get a few more picks. Target primarily O Line and Safety, maybe a LB and make the switch back to the 4-3 where we do currently have the pieces for that.

RG3 doesnt live up to the expectations then you draft a QB in 2016 when his deal expires. We cant afford to draft a qb high again with so many other holes on the team, every fucking qb on our roster this year was taking hits after 2 seconds because of a terrible fucking line. Finally, dont fucking rush this. We are 2-4 years away from contending for the playoffs so patience is needed. And fuck Snyder

spurraider21
12-29-2014, 08:32 PM
Tony Sparano said he "very, very badly" wants to remain the Raiders' head coach.

Sparano guided the Raiders to a 3-9 record as the interim head coach following Dennis Allen's firing. During that time, he won over the players, with many of them coming to his side and making a case for Sparano after the Week 17 finale. If anything, Sparano has the "swag" and attitude as a no-nonsense-style coach -- yet his players would do anything for him -- to win over the Black Hole. It wouldn't be such a bad idea for the Raiders to keep Sparano and have some continuity in their lives, especially if GM Reggie McKenzie gets to keep his job.

:lmao yes, retain the interim coach because of his "swag." fuck coaching ability, decision making, game managing ability. SWAG! thats the answer

https://usatq.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/usp-nfl_-oakland-raiders-press-conference.jpg

Clipper Nation
12-29-2014, 08:36 PM
Tony Sparano said he "very, very badly" wants to remain the Raiders' head coach.

Sparano guided the Raiders to a 3-9 record as the interim head coach following Dennis Allen's firing. During that time, he won over the players, with many of them coming to his side and making a case for Sparano after the Week 17 finale. If anything, Sparano has the "swag" and attitude as a no-nonsense-style coach -- yet his players would do anything for him -- to win over the Black Hole. It wouldn't be such a bad idea for the Raiders to keep Sparano and have some continuity in their lives, especially if GM Reggie McKenzie gets to keep his job.

:lmao yes, retain the interim coach because of his "swag." fuck coaching ability, decision making, game managing ability. SWAG! thats the answer

https://usatq.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/usp-nfl_-oakland-raiders-press-conference.jpg
:lmao Raiders

Holden_Caulfield
12-29-2014, 08:39 PM
raiders eyeing jack del rio, would be a good hire tbh

spurraider21
12-29-2014, 09:01 PM
I'd endorse del rio. My top choice would be Rex, after that I like Bowles and Del Rio

Malik Hairston
12-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Rex Ryan is a solid coach IMO..he benefited from the New York hype, but then got torn down because of it, too, which is what always happens:lol..

His players like him, and he went to 2 AFC title games with one of the worst starting QBs in the history of the NFL..he'll definitely get a job as a DC, but he would also be an upgrade over many of the current HCs, including Denver's..

spurraider21
12-29-2014, 09:09 PM
Rex Ryan is a solid coach IMO..he benefited from the New York hype, but then got torn down because of it, too, which is what always happens:lol..

His players like him, and he went to 2 AFC title games with one of the worst starting QBs in the history of the NFL..he'll definitely get a job as a DC, but he would also be an upgrade over many of the current HCs, including Denver's..
Apparently he's made it known he won't be coordinating. Will either get a head coaching gig he desires or will go into broadcasting until he gets a job he wants

Malik Hairston
12-29-2014, 09:13 PM
Ya, it would be pretty stupid to take a DC job when there are so many shitty Head Coaches around the league..

I'm kind of surprised the Saints and Payton didn't agree to split, tbh..

HI-FI
12-29-2014, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't mind Rex Ryan on the Niners, he'd probably like the alternative lifestyle aspect of the city. He is a good guy and killer defensive coach, just never had much of a Qb like Harlem said.

But Niners most likely going for offensive type, hopefully not McDaniels unless there is something there I'm not seeing. I wouldn't mind if they promote from within.

spurraider21
12-29-2014, 11:43 PM
Del Rio as a head coach with Trestman as offensive coordinator is a scenario I'd be cool with

Holden_Caulfield
12-30-2014, 01:24 AM
damn i wish the jags fired everyone, makes the offseason more exciting. tbh i dont expect more than 6 wins next season with the same coaching staff

Avante
12-30-2014, 02:30 AM
I'd love to have Rex Ryan.

spurraider21
12-30-2014, 04:36 AM
i dont get why the Jets are interviewing Quinn :lol

there's no sense in firing Rex Ryan, arguably the best defensive minded head coach... and then hiring a defensive minded head coach. if they were so hell bent on going in a different direction from Rex, they might as well hire an offensive-minded guy

Mal
12-30-2014, 04:44 AM
i dont get why the Jets are interviewing Quinn :lol

there's no sense in firing Rex Ryan, arguably the best defensive minded head coach... and then hiring a defensive minded head coach. if they were so hell bent on going in a different direction from Rex, they might as well hire an offensive-minded guy

Still this Ryan best defensive coach, that I dont get it. Jets defense wasnt even that good. I dont buy into lack of talent arguments

spurraider21
12-30-2014, 05:05 AM
Still this Ryan best defensive coach, that I dont get it. Jets defense wasnt even that good. I dont buy into lack of talent arguments
they lost to your pats by a combined 3 points this season. Ryan knows what he's doing.

defenses will always struggle if the offense is anemic. this is why cardinals defense was at its best in the games palmer was playing. the jets also had no secondary at all tbh, having lost revis and cromartie the past 2 seasons. they had a good front 7 and it reflected in their rushing defense and sack totals

Holden_Caulfield
12-30-2014, 06:37 AM
Del Rio as a head coach with Trestman as offensive coordinator is a scenario I'd be cool with
you guys are interviewing mangini :lmao

spurraider21
12-30-2014, 06:41 AM
you guys are interviewing mangini :lmao
:lmao holy shit

i seriously wish he was black just so this would be a rooney rule interview

Clipper Nation
12-30-2014, 11:05 AM

Holden_Caulfield
12-30-2014, 05:56 PM
the jags fired their OC :lobt2:

spurraider21
12-30-2014, 06:10 PM
:lol raiders are supposedly lining up interviews for Shurmur and Mangini
:lol all that talk about mark davis wanting to hire a "rock star" coach

spurraider21
12-31-2014, 02:20 AM
raiders now requested to talk to Pep Hamilton... with the Gruden/Harbaugh rumors during the season, and with them having seeked permission to interview Mangini, Shurmur, and Hamilton, it seems like they're dead set on hiring an offensive guy.

i can understand the appeal of an offensive oriented coach though... the fear is with a Defensive Head coach, the O-coordinator will run the whole show, Carr learns his system, and if that guy ever gets promoted to head coach elsewhere, it would be an entirely new system with another coordinator. by having the HC run the offense, it would provide more stability in that regard

leemajors
12-31-2014, 08:11 AM
raiders now requested to talk to Pep Hamilton... with the Gruden/Harbaugh rumors during the season, and with them having seeked permission to interview Mangini, Shurmur, and Hamilton, it seems like they're dead set on hiring an offensive guy.

i can understand the appeal of an offensive oriented coach though... the fear is with a Defensive Head coach, the O-coordinator will run the whole show, Carr learns his system, and if that guy ever gets promoted to head coach elsewhere, it would be an entirely new system with another coordinator. by having the HC run the offense, it would provide more stability in that regard

Didn't work so well for Garrett tbh. HC needs to be supervising the whole team not just the offense.

Ditty
12-31-2014, 12:33 PM
Haslett is gone! Lets celebrate Bigzax and Kyle Orton!

:danceclub:danceclub

Hoops Czar
12-31-2014, 06:40 PM
:lmao Doug Marrone opts out of his contract with the Buffalo Bills. The clown brings in his own retard QB from whom he coached at college then, walks out on the team cold turkey.

No coach, no QB, and no 2015 first round draft pick. I swear, this franchise is a joke. Welcome to mediocrity!

Oh, and they're paying Doug 4M not to coach. :lmao

Chris
12-31-2014, 07:04 PM
lmao Bills

spurraider21
12-31-2014, 07:22 PM
:lol and they have no first rounder

spurraider21
12-31-2014, 07:33 PM
Raiders will interview Bowles next week. good to hear they actually have some serious candidates in line after hearing the news about Mangini and Shurmer :lol

bigzak25
12-31-2014, 08:47 PM
Haslett is gone! Lets celebrate Bigzax and Kyle Orton!

:danceclub:danceclub

It's a start Ditty. Get us a couple of Hogs and i'll be happier.

Pelicans78
01-01-2015, 12:14 AM
:lmao Doug Marrone opts out of his contract with the Buffalo Bills. The clown brings in his own retard QB from whom he coached at college then, walks out on the team cold turkey.

No coach, no QB, and no 2015 first round draft pick. I swear, this franchise is a joke. Welcome to mediocrity!

Oh, and they're paying Doug 4M not to coach. :lmao

Wtf are you talking about? Marrone never coached Manuel at college.

Hoops Czar
01-01-2015, 12:34 AM
Wtf are you talking about? Marrone never coached Manuel at college.

Yeah, for some reason, I thought he QB'ed at Syracuse, not FSU. Who cares. He's a terrible quarterback and it was only compounded by trading away a 1st rounder to move up in the draft last year. Watkins is a good receiver but, what good is having a five star receiver if your QB can't make a pass to save his life.

hehateme
01-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Please god don't let this happen...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/is-mike-shanahan-the-favorite-to-land-the-49ers-job/ar-BBhqsGZ?ocid=iehp

Raven
01-01-2015, 07:16 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/is-mike-shanahan-the-favorite-to-land-the-49ers-job/ar-BBhqsGZ?ocid=iehp

a gimmick offense seems the perfect fit for a :monkey qb tbh

btw pep hamilton, the guy known for using slomo richardson instead of andrew luck, may be heading to the raiduhs.. can't think of a better fit tbh :lmao

Robz4000
01-01-2015, 07:34 PM

Why.png

Blizzardwizard
01-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Looks like Frank Reich is in line for the Bills job, or if not, the Jets.

Take Johnny P with you!

HI-FI
01-02-2015, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't hate having Shanahan. I won't be as psyched as I was when they got Harbaugh, but Shanahan is a big part of the Walsh tree. Shit, he made Jake Plummer look decent at times against Belichick of all people. Obviously Shanahan comes with a lot of baggage but I'd prefer him over McDaniels.

i just hope they keep Fangio and Tomasula.

Robz4000
01-03-2015, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't hate having Shanahan. I won't be as psyched as I was when they got Harbaugh, but Shanahan is a big part of the Walsh tree. Shit, he made Jake Plummer look decent at times against Belichick of all people. Obviously Shanahan comes with a lot of baggage but I'd prefer him over McDaniels.

i just hope they keep Fangio and Tomasula.

I'd be 100% fine with promoting Fangio to HC tbh, or keeping him as DC while bringing on Rex to coach. The Niners desperately need an OC that can competently run an offense while either salvaging Kraep or jettisoning him altogether for a stopgap QB. They have the talent on defense and enough weapons on offense to win without even an above-average QB doing things.

Hoops Czar
01-03-2015, 01:21 AM
Looks like Frank Reich is in line for the Bills job, or if not, the Jets.

Take Johnny P with you!

You're getting Marrone and you're going to like it.

HI-FI
01-03-2015, 01:53 AM
I'd be 100% fine with promoting Fangio to HC tbh, or keeping him as DC while bringing on Rex to coach. The Niners desperately need an OC that can competently run an offense while either salvaging Kraep or jettisoning him altogether for a stopgap QB. They have the talent on defense and enough weapons on offense to win without even an above-average QB doing things.
Yeah pretty much. I'm also not ready to give up on Kap just yet. Sounds like that new contract is more disposable than I realized, which is great if things don't work out.

id be okay with Shanahan if he just focuses on the offense and quits trying to be a control freak. Gase from Denver might work out, Manning holds him in high regard, but Rex would be cool though I'm not sure how him and Fangio will mesh defensively.

I know people are shitting on Jed, but least he's given a pulse back to the team. The Dr. York era of the 00s was terrible for me, just lifeless.

Blizzardwizard
01-03-2015, 08:36 AM
You're getting Marrone and you're going to like it.

Doug Marrone ain't going to be Chargers OC. I ain't no Jets fan :lol

Avante
01-03-2015, 09:48 AM
I don't want Shanahan, he's a lot like Singletary, that old....die for football...which doesn't work with these young guys today. No way he'd get along with Kaepernick, two totally different personalties there.

Rex Ryan a perfect fit.

Kyle Orton
01-03-2015, 02:18 PM
We are looking at wade Philips today. Huge upgrade from haslet. Pretty much the norv turner of DC's. Great coordinator but a shit head coach

spurraider21
01-03-2015, 07:49 PM
Philips would be a great hire. Still remember what he did to houston

spurraider21
01-05-2015, 02:11 PM
The Raiders have been in contact with former 49ers and Seahawks personnel director Scott Mcloughan for a front office role, and current "GM" reggie McKenzie was not present for Jack Del Rio's head coaching interview.

This could be big

djohn2oo8
01-05-2015, 02:16 PM
We are looking at wade Philips today. Huge upgrade from haslet. Pretty much the norv turner of DC's. Great coordinator but a shit head coach

Philips would be a great hire. Still remember what he did to houston

Wade is washed up.

spurraider21
01-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Raiders interviewed Pep Hamilton (cough Rooney cough) last night. free to hire somebody now

lefty
01-05-2015, 03:52 PM
The house of Carolina Panther's coach caught fire.

Kyle Orton
01-05-2015, 05:38 PM
The Raiders have been in contact with former 49ers and Seahawks personnel director Scott Mcloughan for a front office role, and current "GM" reggie McKenzie was not present for Jack Del Rio's head coaching interview.

This could be big
To clarify: Mark Davis asked McCloughan to come back and work under Reggie. McCloughan declined. He wanted to run football dept., or nothing

Kyle Orton
01-05-2015, 05:38 PM
To clarify: Mark Davis asked McCloughan to come back and work under Reggie. McCloughan declined. He wanted to run football dept., or nothing
https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/552180167636824064

Ditty
01-05-2015, 06:07 PM
http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/1/5/7492785/rumor-wade-phillips-the-front-runner-for-redskins-dc-job

Wade Phillips set to interview for Redskins defensive coordinator position tomorrow. Is the frontrunner for the job right now.

spurraider21
01-05-2015, 06:10 PM
goddamit... McLoughan is the best candidate out there to be a GM imo, and McKenzie's home run draft last year is going to save his job even though he's been garbage in free agency and the two prior drafts

Avante
01-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Mike Shanahan who comes from that old school.....run into a brickwall over football...with Kaepernick????? That won't work.

Look at Belichick/Brady....perfect marriage. Shanahan/Kaepernick a wreck waiting to happen.

The Gemini Method
01-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Yeah, Shanahan would be a terrible hc for SF...not the most creative offensive mind for a run-first QB...

spurraider21
01-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Skins hired McLoughan as GM... great hire tbh. can't believe the raiders asked him to work under mckenzie :lol

spurraider21
01-06-2015, 02:45 PM
[tweet]552471099590864899[/quote]

chargers probably promised him a promotion in the near future :lol

Spur-Addict
01-06-2015, 04:01 PM
Skins hired McLoughan as GM... great hire tbh. can't believe the raiders asked him to work under mckenzie :lol

:rollin

Ditty
01-06-2015, 04:04 PM

I'm shocked that Snyder gave him complete control of player personnel, and Bruce Allen said fuck it you can my position and I will go back to kissing babies, and making numbers work with contracts which is he is good at. I'm excited about this move hopefully we will be good in two years at least. A lot of mess to clean up.

The Gemini Method
01-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Miami lookin' at the old Jets' GM for their front office...

Hoops Czar
01-06-2015, 05:38 PM
Bills head coaching candidate: Mary Eggers!

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/01/rochester_woman_next_bills_coach_letter_applicatio n_to_new_owner_pegula.html

Rochester woman wants to be the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Holden_Caulfield
01-06-2015, 05:42 PM
first domino needs to fall soon :wakeup

spurraider21
01-06-2015, 07:01 PM
first domino needs to fall soon :wakeup
just tells me teams are looking hard at coordinators on playoff teams

The Gemini Method
01-06-2015, 07:06 PM
I think our DC Dan Quinn is outta here...

Holden_Caulfield
01-06-2015, 07:47 PM
the jags are interviewing roman and trestman for OC, not bad :toast

Spur-Addict
01-06-2015, 07:52 PM
I think our DC Dan Quinn is outta here...

After losing Gus, I'm not too concerned about this. I think we'll either promote within, or find someone who'll slide right in. We pretty much run the same scheme all the time anyways so losing a DC is something I don't worry about.

Kyle Orton
01-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Give our new GM 3 years and see where the team is at. I'm fucking excited, finally a real personnel guy for the first time in snyders shitty reign and he is regarded as arguably the best talent/personnel in the league. Bruce finally elevated to team president so he can manage all the other bullshit that scot didn't want to deal with in SF

going thru those SF and Seattle drafts, they're impressive as hell. Some misses yes but a ton of pro bowl talent. This combined with losing hasshit and possibly getting Phillips is a great start to the rebuild we desperately need.

djohn2oo8
01-10-2015, 12:00 PM
Chris Mortensen @MortReport
Quote:

If Doug Marrone does not land a head coach job, sources say he will have an offer to join close friend Bill O'Brien as a Texans consultant

manufan10
01-10-2015, 04:45 PM

spurraider21
01-10-2015, 04:49 PM
WOW

Pelicans78
01-10-2015, 05:08 PM
Wonder if Marrone would go back to the Saints since he was Payton's offensive coordinator from 2006-2008.

Malik Hairston
01-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Marone is a genius for leaving, tbh:lol..gets his money, and severely inflates his mediocre coaching by leaving the Bills with a 9-7 record with arguably the worst QB tandem in the NFL:lol..

spurraider21
01-11-2015, 07:56 PM
anybody but Sparano

Spur-Addict
01-11-2015, 08:02 PM
anybody but Sparano

Lana Del wasn't absolutely terrible with Jax IIRC. Couple nice years in there

spurraider21
01-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Lana Del wasn't absolutely terrible with Jax IIRC. Couple nice years in there
he wasn't. they just did a horrible job of replacing players on the roster on both sides... they never got a competent receiver after Jimmy Smith (:lol matt jones experiment) and they weren't able to replace Stroud and Henderson on the D-Line. when rashean mathis started having injury issues, they never really added another good corner.

he oversaw an offense that was run by david garrard too :lol... plus he's done a great job "rehabbing" his image by turning Denver's D from good to elite since he took over.

i mostly like him because he has a lot of ties with varying teams throughout the league, and probably can pull strings to get the coordinators he wants. had he been available/signed a week earlier, he probably would have been able to recruit Koetter. its also possible he brings mike smith with him as a d-coordinator

spurraider21
01-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Raiders reached out to Del Rio moments after the game ended :lol... getting his second interview tomorrow

spurraider21
01-12-2015, 05:19 PM
John Fox fired

woulda been a great spot for Rex Ryan... :lol buffalo

Holden_Caulfield
01-12-2015, 06:17 PM
Raiders reached out to Del Rio moments after the game ended :lol... getting his second interview tomorrow
if you guys choose sparano :lol

Spur-Addict
01-12-2015, 06:25 PM
John Fox fired

woulda been a great spot for Rex Ryan... :lol buffalo

Fox is garbage.

And while Rex would've had extra time as Peyton is likely gone in 2 years maybe three, he would have another 2-3 year leash post Peyton if they managed to win a SB. But I don't think with Rex the Donks would've won the S.B with Peyton, maybe I'm crazy but I just don't see it. I think everyone is a little overrated in this scenario. Peyton is beat, just had more tools, and better health on his team than Brady last year. It was sad watching the partially armed Pats last year. ATL probably would've been the best fit with a young QB, as he has to roll the dice to land a QB in Buff. But I would rather have a young team on the rise with a few missing parts, than an old squad shooting for the moon.

spurraider21
01-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Hopefully Denver hires Sparano tbh :lol

HI-FI
01-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Harlem should be happy about Fox being fired. He seems like a good guy but nothing special as a HC. In fact he wasted some talented rosters imo. Sounds like the Niners are interested in Gase.

i don't know how I feel about that, probably not as excited as spurraider feels about Del Rio. I'll wait to see how everything shakes out.

spurraider21
01-13-2015, 12:26 AM
Jim Schwartz is suddenly a hot DC candidate... he's out of Buffalo. his schemes dont work with Ryan's philosophy

Holden_Caulfield
01-13-2015, 12:28 AM
ha the jags are interviewing bill calahan, would be the best OC we've had in a decade :lol

spurraider21
01-13-2015, 12:42 AM
ha the jags are interviewing bill calahan, would be the best OC we've had in a decade :lol
Koetter is supposedly one of the hot names right now... he's expected to get a head coaching gig in the next year or two. he wasn't a bad coordinator for you guys, he just had to deal with gabbust :lol

Silver&Black
01-13-2015, 01:14 AM
Rod Marinelli on his way to Tampa? Or staying in Dallas?

spurraider21
01-13-2015, 02:39 AM
If the raiders proceed with the JDR hire, he'll probably bring some players from Denver with him... Terrance Knighton, Brandon Marshall, Nate Irving are all possibilities, and the Raiders could use all of them

From what I read he already traveled to Oakland tonight, will interview tomorrow. Once the Harbaugh/Gruden pipe dreams didn't happen, the top 3 coaches I wanted were Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles, and Del Rio. hopefully they dont fuck it up. Mike Smith as his defensive coordinator has been thrown around quite a bit. the main concern would be the offensive coordinator, i'm holding out hope for Trestman

Holden_Caulfield
01-13-2015, 08:46 AM
If the raiders proceed with the JDR hire, he'll probably bring some players from Denver with him... Terrance Knighton, Brandon Marshall, Nate Irving are all possibilities, and the Raiders could use all of them

From what I read he already traveled to Oakland tonight, will interview tomorrow. Once the Harbaugh/Gruden pipe dreams didn't happen, the top 3 coaches I wanted were Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles, and Del Rio. hopefully they dont fuck it up. Mike Smith as his defensive coordinator has been thrown around quite a bit. the main concern would be the offensive coordinator, i'm holding out hope for Trestman
del rio and mike smith was a hell of a combo for us, after mike smith left our defense declined a bit. tbh i would want that combo back in a heartbeat. Knighton and B Marshall will definitely follow through, they were in jacksonville with him. imagine Knighton Leonard williams and Mack :wow

spurraider21
01-13-2015, 10:28 PM
Bowles to Jets is a done deal. Weird that buffalo and the jets hured the 2 guys Atlanta was pursuing. Figures the falcons was get whoever they wanted since they have a QB in place

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 10:08 AM
Raiders expected to announce hiring of Jack Del Rio today :tu

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 12:49 PM
well this would be fantastic

Spur-Addict
01-14-2015, 01:19 PM
I wonder what Trestman is contemplating. He has been rumored to be highly favored by many seeking a OC. Perhaps he's waiting to see what shakes up in ATL. Oakland is very comparable as they have a nice young QB as well, who is ascending. Perhaps he may think he has a shot at a HC spot somewhere. Probably not but who knows.

The Gemini Method
01-14-2015, 01:30 PM
I wonder what Trestman is contemplating. He has been rumored to be highly favored by many seeking a OC. Perhaps he's waiting to see what shakes up in ATL. Oakland is very comparable as they have a nice young QB as well, who is ascending. Perhaps he may think he has a shot at a HC spot somewhere. Probably not but who knows.

Sup Seahawk fam...who do we put in Quinn's place when he leaves?

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 01:37 PM
Doubt he'll get a head coaching gig. But he's been on the Raiders staff before (was offensive coordinator when we made the Superbowl), and since JDR is a defensive guy he'd basically have full autonomy on the offense

Spur-Addict
01-14-2015, 01:50 PM
Sup Seahawk fam...who do we put in Quinn's place when he leaves?

I have no idea. I'm inclined to think a position coach would elevate, but who knows. But no matter what, we don't deviate for the most part from the scheme that has been in place for years, so I doubt we'd take anyone out of the wheelhouse that Pete has been in over the duration of his coaching years.

Spur-Addict
01-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Doubt he'll get a head coaching gig. But he's been on the Raiders staff before (was offensive coordinator when we made the Superbowl), and since JDR is a defensive guy he'd basically have full autonomy on the offense

Aside from Trestman, who do you perceive as being in the upper tier as far as potential OCs are concerned? Upper tier relative to what's available. Or just flat our preferences based on roster.

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Aside from Trestman, who do you perceive as being in the upper tier as far as potential OCs are concerned? Upper tier relative to what's available. Or just flat our preferences based on roster.
Thankfully our current coordinator Olsen is likely gone. He's interviewing with the jags today :lol

Koetter was one of the big names and Tampa landed him. Kyle Shanahan is another name being flung around but I really don't get why.

I also like Musgrave (currently Eagles QB coach).

The Gemini Method
01-14-2015, 02:02 PM
I have no idea. I'm inclined to think a position coach would elevate, but who knows. But no matter what, we don't deviate for the most part from the scheme that has been in place for years, so I doubt we'd take anyone out of the wheelhouse that Pete has been in over the duration of his coaching years.

Like a Norton or Seto...I can definitely see that. Bradley left and the engine got stronger and Quinn will inevitably leave and we will continue to follow Pete's vision. In Petey we trust!

Spur-Addict
01-14-2015, 02:11 PM
Thankfully our current coordinator Olsen is likely gone. He's interviewing with the jags today :lol

Koetter was one of the big names and Tampa landed him. Kyle Shanahan is another name being flung around but I really don't get why.

I also like Musgrave (currently Eagles QB coach).

:lol Holden_Caulfield. Yeah Shanahan is just a name right now. You probably hit your head on the ceiling when they ruled out Sparano eh? :lol

Like a Norton or Seto...I can definitely see that. Bradley left and the engine got stronger and Quinn will inevitably leave and we will continue to follow Pete's vision. In Petey we trust!

I like Norton myself. But I like the fact that we have exceptional position coaches. I don't want to give that up :lol, although I would imagine there would be some dissention in the ranks if no one ever got promoted.

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 02:27 PM
Pot Roast to follow Del Rio?

Clipper Nation
01-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Raiders expected to announce hiring of Jack Del Rio today :tu
:lmao Jack Del Rio
:lmao Defense-minded version of Norv

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Yeah but Pagano is staying put

Clipper Nation
01-14-2015, 02:33 PM
Former NFL defensive end Hugh Douglas did not hold back when criticizing Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio for his handling of the team's quarterback situation and alleged lack of trustworthiness. "If there was ever a head coach that needs to be punched in the face for not being truthful to his players, it has to be Jack Del Rio," Douglas said (WEEI).

:lol Raiders

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 02:37 PM
eh, the raiders could have hired anybody and you'd say ":lol raiders"

let it all out

Holden_Caulfield
01-14-2015, 02:52 PM
i still remember when del rio shocked the world by saying leftwich is the starting qb then he got outplayed in preseason and got outright cut :lol

those were the good old days :cry

The Gemini Method
01-14-2015, 02:52 PM
The Raiders and Chargers squabble is hilarious.

Holden_Caulfield
01-14-2015, 02:56 PM
you guys can have bradley back lol

The Gemini Method
01-14-2015, 02:59 PM
you guys can have bradley back lol

Sure. Send us Sen'Derrick too while you're at it...

Raven
01-14-2015, 03:19 PM
poor bills tbh.. already lost their two best assets.

Ditty
01-14-2015, 06:01 PM
Raiders should of went all in for Quinn, Shanahan, even go across the bay and interview Fangio. I don't think De Rio is a good coach at all.

The Gemini Method
01-14-2015, 06:09 PM
Tomsula is the yes man...err, coach next-up for the 49ers.

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Tomsula is the yes man...err, coach next-up for the 49ers.
and he wants to make dennis allen the defensive c:lol:lolrdinator

Robz4000
01-14-2015, 10:31 PM
Niners FO clearly has no idea wtf they're doing. Back to the dark ages it is :depressed...

Pelicans78
01-14-2015, 10:31 PM
and he wants to make dennis allen the defensive c:lol:lolrdinator

Allen was a great fucking DB coach for the Saints and would have been their D-coordinator had Ryan been let go.

HI-FI
01-14-2015, 11:05 PM
Niners FO clearly has no idea wtf they're doing. Back to the dark ages it is :depressed...
I figured you just tossed the bottle into the river, 'bout ready to jump off the bridge after hearing this.

I imagine we'll lose Fangio now.

i like Tomasula but this reeks of Jed turning into Dan Snyder. Fuck. :bang

Least Tomasula is a guy that players like. Guess I'm grasping at straws because I don't know what to think.
I'll just hope for the best.

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 11:09 PM
I figured you just tossed the bottle into the river, 'bout ready to jump off the bridge after hearing this.

I imagine we'll lose Fangio now.

i like Tomasula but this reeks of Jed turning into Dan Snyder. Fuck. :bang

Least Tomasula is a guy that players like. Guess I'm grasping at straws because I don't know what to think.
I'll just hope for the best.
:lol they're looking and Dennis Allen or Jason Tarver as their new defensive coordinator

HI-FI
01-14-2015, 11:23 PM
:lol they're looking and Dennis Allen or Jason Tarver as their new defensive coordinator
Well Pelicans78 makes me feel better about Allen. He might be fine as a D-coordinator. It's hard to assess Raiders coaches when Cryptkeeper was pulling the strings.

either way, I'm just hoping for the best.

spurraider21
01-14-2015, 11:35 PM
Well Pelicans78 makes me feel better about Allen. He might be fine as a D-coordinator. It's hard to assess Raiders coaches when Cryptkeeper was pulling the strings.

Allen and Tarver both got to Oakland after Al kicked the bucket.

i actually think Tarver is a better choice, he's way more aggressive with his schemes. does well with linebackers. but i also assume Tomsula wants a former HC around to help

hehateme
01-15-2015, 10:18 AM
Don't like the Tomsula over Fangio route as at least Fangio held the D up when the offense blew dick. Here's to mediocrity for the next few years if Fangio leaves along with some of the other better coaches.

Infinite_limit
01-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Haters. Tomsula and Kaepernick will bring us a Title!

On a serious note, it's already been announced everyone is gone but Rathman. Funniest part is *shock* the front office will "help in hiring" the new staff.

I had our playoff chances after canning Harbaugh and retaining Kaepernick @ 35%. This current move will have long term ramifications.

Average HC
Average QB
Average Stadium

Your 2015 49ers. When 30 year old spoiled brats run a Professional franchise

Pelicans78
01-15-2015, 01:27 PM

Dennis Allen's secondary made Gregg Williams a much better defensive coordinator in 2009 and 2010. The Saints had a great secondary when healthy during those two seasons. I remember a Sunday night game against Pittsburgh in 2010 when both Jabari Greer and Tracy Porter were out so the Saints went to 5 safeties against Big Ben and the defense did well enough to allow Brees win that game.

Ditty
01-15-2015, 03:23 PM
Redskins doing work!

Redskins hired ex-Cowboys OC Bill Callahan as offensive line coach.

The Redskins' offseason of upgrading continues. Per ESPN's Ed Werder, Callahan's three-year deal is "very lucrative." Callahan was humiliatingly stripped of play-calling duties in Dallas last season, but retained his "offensive coordinator" title even though he was limited to offensive line duties. Either way, he's one of the league's very best at coaching up linemen. He's an excellent addition to coach Jay Gruden's staff.

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna (https://twitter.com/NBCdianna) 13m13 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/NBCdianna/status/555819159964364801)
No longer rumors, Vic Fangio is in the mix right now to be the Redskins defensive coordinator per sources. #Redskins (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash)

Kyle Orton
01-16-2015, 02:00 AM
Redskins doing work!

Redskins hired ex-Cowboys OC Bill Callahan as offensive line coach.

The Redskins' offseason of upgrading continues. Per ESPN's Ed Werder, Callahan's three-year deal is "very lucrative." Callahan was humiliatingly stripped of play-calling duties in Dallas last season, but retained his "offensive coordinator" title even though he was limited to offensive line duties. Either way, he's one of the league's very best at coaching up linemen. He's an excellent addition to coach Jay Gruden's staff.

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna (https://twitter.com/NBCdianna) 13m13 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/NBCdianna/status/555819159964364801)
No longer rumors, Vic Fangio is in the mix right now to be the Redskins defensive coordinator per sources. #Redskins (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash)
winning off the field!

offseason champs 15 years in a row fuck yeah!

Ditty
01-16-2015, 02:31 AM
winning off the field!

offseason champs 15 years in a row fuck yeah!

:lol

Well it looks like the Skins are getting rid of three worst coaches on the team Haslett, Morris and Foerster for Fangio, Callahan and possibly Ed Donatell. Of course getting McCloughan was already pretty amazing knowing that Allen was finally going to hire a football mind to take over the general manager position.

It also sounds like all the negative reaction from Skins fans on social media about Joe Barry getting hired as the defensive coordinator, caused the Skins to not offer him the job just like when Jim Fassel was supposed to be our next head coach in 2004 and 2008 :lmao

Hopefully they get a deal done with Fangio over the weekend, and it would be nice to get a quarterback coach next.

Robz4000
01-16-2015, 02:36 AM
Redskins will be a force next year, especially if Colt McChrist is QB. Meanwhile, the Niners organization continues to consume itself from the inside out...

Ditty
01-16-2015, 02:50 AM
Redskins will be a force next year, especially if Colt McChrist is QB. Meanwhile, the Niners organization continues to consume itself from the inside out...

I don't care who our quarterback is as long as we win some damn games :lol

Can't believe the niners hired Tomsula over a great defensive mind like Fangio.

Looks like the Skins will take the route the niners should of done, and that's if Gruden doesn't lead us to at least a mediocre record I think he will be fired at the end of next season. Fangio would be smart to go to Washington to get promoted to HC, and he could promote Donatell to be his DC.

Spur-Addict
01-16-2015, 11:49 AM
John Fox to be hired as the Bears Head Coach

HI-FI
01-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Props to the Skins if they get Fangio. All I hoped for with this new HC search is we'd retain Fangio and we blew that. I like Tomasula but seems like Jed is hiring people he can get along with and won't bristle at his suggestions.

spurraider21
01-16-2015, 03:10 PM
Fox to Bears a done deal. pretty meh. he's not a bad coach at all, but the bears as a whole are a sinking ship

spurraider21
01-16-2015, 06:33 PM
Mike Tice left the Falcons to become the Raiders OL coach :lol

Avante
01-16-2015, 06:42 PM
Rex Ryan reminds me of a used car salesmen.

spurraider21
01-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Raiders interviewing Marc Trestman to run the offense. That would be a hell of an acquisition. Word is trestman "absolutely loves" Derek Carr

RGMCSE
01-18-2015, 02:27 PM
Raiders interviewing Marc Trestman to run the offense. That would be a hell of an acquisition. Word is trestman "absolutely loves" Derek Carr

I like what the Raiders are putting together as a staff. If they get trestman it would be the cherry on top. Carr looks legit:tu

The thing i like about del rio is that he has an ability to stop the run and run the ball. Thats a winning formula that works with a decent QB. Carr may be the franchise QB he never had in Jville.

Robz4000
01-18-2015, 02:53 PM
Meanwhile, the Niners are looking at Lane fucking Kiffin to be their OC...

Holden_Caulfield
01-18-2015, 03:39 PM
Meanwhile, the Niners are looking at Lane fucking Kiffin to be their OC...
i wish the jags get kiffin. dude is a beast as an OC. he made amari cooper and marqise look good :lol

Robz4000
01-18-2015, 03:46 PM
i wish the jags get kiffin. dude is a beast as an OC. he made amari cooper and marqise look good :lol

If you're serious about winning you don't want Kiffin anywhere near your team in any capacity unless its on the other side of the field...

spurraider21
01-18-2015, 04:02 PM
:lol lame kiffin

hehateme
01-18-2015, 10:12 PM
So Broncs replaced Fox with Kubiak and nary a fuck was given...I'm not even sure Bronco's searched at all.

Clipper Nation
01-18-2015, 10:12 PM

:lmao Trestman

spurraider21
01-19-2015, 12:58 AM

i'm fucking terrified at the idea of Musgrave being the OC... hopefully Trestman gets locked up. doubt he's getting another Head Coaching opportunity soon, so we'd have continuity with that hire too. for a young QB that's paramount

spurraider21
01-19-2015, 08:34 PM
Michael Silver tweeted that the raiders are hiring Musgrave... FML

edit: Raiders confirmed the hire

what in the literal fuck?

unleashbaynes
01-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Props to the Skins if they get Fangio. All I hoped for with this new HC search is we'd retain Fangio and we blew that. I like Tomasula but seems like Jed is hiring people he can get along with and won't bristle at his suggestions.

fuckin a man, you guys are the jimmy cowboys right now but without the super bowls.

HI-FI
01-19-2015, 08:58 PM
fuckin a man, you guys are the jimmy cowboys right now but without the super bowls.
i told my brother, a diehard cowboy fan, that's what it reminds me of. Tbf, Harbaugh is notoriously hard to get along with. Reports are he would've been let go even if they won this year. The older Harbaugh is much better dealing with pros or bosses. But this has been a train wreck.

mojorizen7
01-20-2015, 04:14 AM
Rams have been looking for a legit OC since 2000fucking6.
They're looking at Chudzinski, K.Shanahan, or an internal hire, Rob Boras.
Defense and special teams are solid, have talent on offense, need a QB and an OC with some balls to complete this thing.

spurraider21
01-20-2015, 04:18 AM
Rams have been looking for a legit OC since 2000fucking6.
They're looking at Chudzinski, K.Shanahan, or an internal hire, Rob Boras.
Defense and special teams are solid, have talent on offense, need a QB and an OC with some balls to complete this thing.
kyle shanahan got hired by Atlanta as OC... Chud would be a good hire imo. he and trestman are the 2 top OC candidates available

Pelicans78
01-20-2015, 08:12 AM
Saints are hiring Dennis Allen as an unspecified assistant.

spurraider21
01-20-2015, 04:42 PM
Trestman to Ravens... interested to see how his WCO works with Flacco.

Greg :lolls:loln to Jaguars

RGMCSE
01-20-2015, 07:01 PM
Trestman to Ravens... interested to see how his WCO works with Flacco.

Greg :lolls:loln to Jaguars

Hey dog I came here specifically to ask you about Olsen. He's the new QB coach. Any worth there? Jags are still reportedly wating on Gase to make a decision on the OC spot. That would revamp the Jags offensive staff considerably. Going from a gimmick OC in Fisch and an oline assistant acting as the oline coach and the real oline coach (Yarno) out fighting cancer. This team is going to make a leap on that side of the ball.

spurraider21
01-20-2015, 07:17 PM
Hey dog I came here specifically to ask you about Olsen. He's the new QB coach. Any worth there? Jags are still reportedly wating on Gase to make a decision on the OC spot. That would revamp the Jags offensive staff considerably. Going from a gimmick OC in Fisch and an oline assistant acting as the oline coach and the real oline coach (Yarno) out fighting cancer. This team is going to make a leap on that side of the ball.
Olson is your offensive coordinator, not QB coach.

lets just say, i'm not a fan

RGMCSE
01-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Olson is your offensive coordinator, not QB coach.

lets just say, i'm not a fan

Jason laconfora screwed that report up tbh. Gus Bradley was asked about the OC position and confirmed it had not been filled yet.

As for olsen I heard he was credited with helping Carr have a good rookie season.

spurraider21
01-20-2015, 07:27 PM
Jason laconfora screwed that report up tbh. Gus Bradley was asked about the OC position and confirmed it had not been filled yet.

As for olsen I heard he was credited with helping Carr have a good rookie season.
i dont really think olson helped much. he's the kind of guy that will continue to pound toby gerhart on 1st and 2nd down and constantly leave you with 3rd and longs

Holden_Caulfield
01-20-2015, 07:58 PM
thank god its not olsen :lol, unless he brings Carr with him

RGMCSE
01-20-2015, 08:59 PM
I don't know much about Olsen but I hope they land gase. Because marrone, gase and Olsen together is a nice trio.

Aztecfan03
01-20-2015, 09:05 PM

Greg Olsen is a TE, I don't think he would be a good QB coach.

spurraider21
01-20-2015, 09:16 PM
after some earlier reports that Mike Smith was unlikely the join Del Rio in Oakland... we're now hearing Smith will indeed interview for the defensive coordinator gig

to this point, i've been on board with the Del Rio hire, like Mike Tice as our new line coach, and would love mike smith to run the D. don't like the musgrave hire at all right now, but i'll take three of four if that happens. the other candidate for DC that i've heard is M:lolngini

edit: was also said that Wade Phillips is in play. i, for one, would love that hire

spurraider21
01-20-2015, 09:24 PM
I don't know much about Olsen but I hope they land gase. Because marrone, gase and Olsen together is a nice trio.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/olson-schaub-making-good-decisions-raiders

Aztecfan03
01-20-2015, 09:25 PM
after some earlier reports that Mike Smith was unlikely the join Del Rio in Oakland... we're now hearing Smith will indeed interview for the defensive coordinator gig

to this point, i've been on board with the Del Rio hire, like Mike Tice as our new line coach, and would love mike smith to run the D. don't like the musgrave hire at all right now, but i'll take three of four if that happens. the other candidate for DC that i've heard is M:lolngini

edit: was also said that Wade Phillips is in play. i, for one, would love that hire

I want Phillips back in SD.

spurraider21
01-20-2015, 09:28 PM
I want Phillips back in SD.
stuck with Pagano, tbh

Clipper Nation
01-20-2015, 09:47 PM
:lol Del Rio's getting the band back together from a 5-11 team, I guess?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Jacksonville_Jaguars_season

spurraider21
01-20-2015, 09:58 PM
:lol Del Rio's getting the band back together from a 5-11 team, I guess?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Jacksonville_Jaguars_season

:lol Pagano retained
:lol Chargers
:lol Getting promoted next year
:lol face of your franchise

http://prod.static.chargers.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/SD/site/team/coaching/2013-Pagano-John.jpg

Clipper Nation
01-20-2015, 10:02 PM
:lol This douchebag is your head coach:

http://i.imgur.com/KImcQ5w.jpg

spurraider21
01-20-2015, 10:15 PM
UCLA is the shit though

Holden_Caulfield
01-20-2015, 10:50 PM
has the 31st ranked offense, fires OC. then proceeds to hire the OC for the 32nd ranked offense

makes sense

The Gemini Method
01-21-2015, 12:41 PM
UCLA is the shit though

Fuck UCLA.

RGMCSE
01-21-2015, 06:53 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/olson-schaub-making-good-decisions-raiders

You were right dawg and Gus bradley is a fucking liar! It fucking sux to be a jag fan. Damn...:depressed

spurraider21
01-28-2015, 08:37 PM
Broncos hired Wade Phillips... fuck. that's a great hire tbh

djohn2oo8
01-28-2015, 08:46 PM
Broncos hired Wade Phillips... fuck. that's a great hire tbh

Wade is done.

Aztecfan03
01-28-2015, 10:46 PM
Wade is done.

i hope so

spurraider21
01-28-2015, 10:50 PM
Wade is done.
I doubt it. the texans went from historically poor defensively to a perennial juggernaut in his time there. that team was a greasefire in his last season there and they were still a top 10 yardage defense. his 3 year deal expired as O'Brien took over, and he wanted his own guy.

djohn2oo8
01-28-2015, 10:54 PM
I doubt it. the texans went from historically poor defensively to a perennial juggernaut in his time there. that team was a greasefire in his last season there and they were still a top 10 yardage defense. his 3 year deal expired as O'Brien took over, and he wanted his own guy.

They were great his first season, but went downhill from there. His defenses couldn't stop any elite QBs to save his life.

spurraider21
01-28-2015, 10:55 PM
They were great his first season, but went downhill from there. His defenses couldn't stop any elite QBs to save his life.
texans fans blamed the cushing injury for the poor defense... but now its convenient to throw wade under the bus :lol

djohn2oo8
01-28-2015, 10:59 PM
texans fans blamed the cushing injury for the poor defense... but now its convenient to throw wade under the bus :lol

Cushing getting hurt led to the defense getting gashed with the run. The corners were still getting torched because Wade would play them 5-7 yards off the receivers.

spurraider21
01-28-2015, 11:00 PM
Cushing getting hurt led to the defense getting gashed with the run. The corners were still getting torched because Wade would play them 5-7 yards off the receivers.
or because they weren't very good. the texans were literally one of the worst defenses in NFL history the year before he took over

djohn2oo8
01-28-2015, 11:03 PM
or because they weren't very good. the texans were literally one of the worst defenses in NFL history the year before he took over

Those same corners looked better under Crennel. Not a coincidence they had the most takeaways.

spurraider21
01-28-2015, 11:20 PM
Those same corners looked better under Crennel. Not a coincidence they had the most takeaways.
Crennel is also one of the best in the business... if you want to say Romeo>Phillips thats fine. but Wade is a damn good coordinator, especially how late into the coaching exchange we're in right now

Aztecfan03
01-29-2015, 09:25 PM
CHargers hire mike nolan for LB coach to replace someone who left for DC job in washington.

spurraider21
01-29-2015, 10:04 PM
CHargers hire mike nolan for LB coach to replace someone who left for DC job in washington.
not bad. Nolan will probably become the defensive coordinator when they promote Pagano to head coach

Clipper Nation
01-29-2015, 10:05 PM
not bad. Nolan will probably become the defensive coordinator when they fire Fagano

fify

It's looking like another Cottrell/Rivera situation, tbh :lol

spurraider21
02-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Raiders hire Seahawks linebackers coach ken Norton Jr as defensive coordinator. He played with del rio in Dallas.

Seahawks promote DB coach kris Richards to d coordinator

Clipper Nation
02-07-2015, 03:14 AM

:lol spurraider21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=31905)

spurraider21
02-07-2015, 03:23 AM
Del Rio's running the defense. Norton has done a good job with linebackers going back to his USC days and recently with Seattle. He'll probably have more responsibility each coming year.

Clipper Nation
02-07-2015, 03:24 AM
D:loll Ri:lol

spurraider21
02-07-2015, 03:33 AM
Oh. Ok.

...anyway this is a pretty cool piece that analyzes the raiders defensive unit (assuming we convert our defense to Seattle's base scheme). most of their player analysis seems pretty good, except I don't think they should cut Tyvon Branch this season. he'd be a good in the box safety

http://sportsrants.com/nfl/2015/02/07/addition-ken-norton-jr-means-raiders-defense/

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-07-2015, 09:57 AM
Fuck I was hoping the Raiders (or some other team) would hire Matt Patricia :cry