PDA

View Full Version : Defensive rebounding...

xellos88330
12-29-2014, 05:49 PM
looks like it will be key for the Spurs this year. It isn't the overall rebounding numbers that bother me, but instead the importance of a few key rebounds. So many times this year the Spurs could have the opportunity to take the lead, or go on a big run if they would just complete the defensive possession. Does anyone else think that this could be a problem later? How can the Spurs fix this?

EVAY
12-29-2014, 05:55 PM
looks like it will be key for the Spurs this year. It isn't the overall rebounding numbers that bother me, but instead the importance of a few key rebounds. So many times this year the Spurs could have the opportunity to take the lead, or go on a big run if they would just complete the defensive possession. Does anyone else think that this could be a problem later? How can the Spurs fix this?

It has been a developing issue for the last several seasons, imo. But if Kawhi can come back healthy and stay healthy AND enjoy contributing as a major rebounder, I think he can make the difference for us being 'in the playoffs' and being 'in the championship game'.

Given the way this Spurs' team is put together, we generally have more offensive tools than defensive ones. That is undoubtedly why Kawhi was developed as he was, primarily a defensive presence. He is superb at it. But he wants to be more of an offensive contributor and the team wants to make him happy, and the way the attempts at making both of those things occur is going to be a big part of how this season shapes up as the rest of the year plays out.

dabom
12-29-2014, 06:00 PM
Kawhi is a great rebounder. We need him to win these 50/50 games.