PDA

View Full Version : If the Spurs were a vehicle...

Aremid
12-30-2014, 02:27 AM
If the Spurs were a Vehicle

POP with his coaching, guidance, and knowledge is the driver

TONY as our main PG and offense facilitator is the steering wheel

TIM is and has always been the core of the team so he is the engine

MANU’s hustle, heart, and determination provide FUEL for the vehicle

GREEN’s defense and 3 point shooting electrify both the offense and defense, so he is the battery

DIAW’s smooth moves and his ability to space the floor with his shooting, vision, and passing makes him the oil

TIAGO’s D is the light signal, signifying to other vehicles to stop before reaching the paint

PATTY is the Spark Plug---no explanation necessary.

COJO’s steady running of the offense provides the breaks to prevent the vehicle from crashing

BONNER, DAYE, ANDERSON, MARCO: tires; even if they are shitty tires, the vehicle still works

And last but not least, and from this point on Spurstalk will refer to Mr. Finals MVP himself, Kawhi Leonard, as the MECHANIC. He instantly upgrades and improves our vehicle whenever it is old and breaking down. He makes all the other parts of the vehicle better. Without him, the car would simply be a distant second to all the other vehicles in the league.

Malik Hairston
12-30-2014, 02:58 AM
Tony is the radio in the car, tbh..

Sometimes it's nice to have on, when a good song comes on, but usually the songs are past their primes and annoying IMO:lol..

Aremid
12-30-2014, 03:03 AM

Sometimes it's nice to have on, when a good song comes on, but usually the songs are past their primes and annoying IMO:lol..

Too much time focusing and playing w the radio can cause accidents. Makes sense.

apalisoc_9
12-30-2014, 03:35 AM

:lmao

Johnny RIngo
12-30-2014, 03:38 AM

:rollin

Boomersgold
12-30-2014, 03:45 AM

Once it gets annoying, it's best to turn it off for an extended period of time so one can concentrate on driving.

spursparker9
12-30-2014, 04:43 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/you-got-it-dude.gif

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Shaquille-ONeal-Cant-Stop-Laughing-As-He-Watches-Funny-Online-Videos.gif

thispego
12-30-2014, 06:37 AM
OP doesn't know much about cars does he? Gay thread btw.

Holden_Caulfield
12-30-2014, 06:41 AM
theyd be a toyota, not flashy but always consistent and gets the job done

mudyez
12-30-2014, 06:56 AM
...they would be a VW Passat. (one of the most dependable cars without any flash)

hater
12-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Evita Ginobili is the DSC Off button

Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) helps to minimize the loss of control. According to Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, one-third of fatal accidents could be prevented by the use of the technology :lmao

http://www.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploads/1MDash-6.jpg

PingPong
12-30-2014, 09:46 AM
So Ayres is the fucking smoke coming from the exhaust?

scanry
12-30-2014, 09:48 AM
...they would be a VW Passat. (one of the most dependable cars without any flash)

Passat is a terrible vehicle. I'd rather drive an English Leyland than that junk.

PingPong
12-30-2014, 09:49 AM
And if LeBron was a car brand, he would be Chrysler. Left a partnership with Mitsubishi and Mercedes to join the fucking FIAT.

scanry
12-30-2014, 09:54 AM
And if LeBron was a car brand, he would be Chrysler. Left a partnership with Mitsubishi and Mercedes to join the fucking FIAT.

FIAT owns Ferrari, Maserati & Alfa Romeo dude.

ElNono
12-30-2014, 10:01 AM

..:lol

PingPong
12-30-2014, 10:17 AM
FIAT owns Ferrari, Maserati & Alfa Romeo dude.

Volkswagen owns Bugatti, Bentley, Porsche, Lamborghini and shares some technology, platforms, etc.

FIAT doesn't have anything in common with Ferrari and Maseratti,except having wheels.

hater
12-30-2014, 10:18 AM
Volkswagen owns Bugatti, Bentley, Porsche, Lamborghini and shares some technology, platforms, etc.

FIAT doesn't have anything in common with Ferrari and Maseratti,except having wheels.

haven't driven Fiats but Volksys drive great IMO.much better than more "superior" cars like Chrysler, Ford, etc.

DMC
12-30-2014, 10:59 AM
Becky prefers the minivan though, 2 up front, 5 in the rear.

littlecoyotecoin
12-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Passat is a terrible vehicle. I'd rather drive an English Leyland than that junk.

Scanry knows cars. The Passat was one of my favorite cars to drive. However: I have owned a few VWs. The Passat, specifically, and European cars, in general, are steaming piles of crap when it comes to reliability and maintenance costs.

Don't refer to our Spurs as Passats.

hater
12-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Scanry knows cars. The Passat was one of my favorite cars to drive. However: I have owned a few VWs. The Passat, specifically, and European cars, in general, are steaming piles of crap when it comes to reliability and maintenance costs.

Don't refer to our Spurs as Passats.

same goes for american cars tbh. If you want reliability you gotta go asian and these days even those suck

if Spurs were a car they would be the Lexus LS400. Looks like a Camry but got a monster V8 under the hood, most boring car to drive but smooth as hell and it goes on and on and on forever. (I know, I own one.) :lol

Clipper Nation
12-30-2014, 11:08 AM

ElNono
12-30-2014, 11:09 AM
same goes for american cars tbh. If you want reliability you gotta go asian and these days even those suck

if Spurs were a car they would be the Lexus LS400. Looks like a Camry but got a monster V8 under the hood, most boring car to drive but smooth as hell and it goes on and on and on forever. (I know, I own one.) :lol

Lexus RX owner here too... Definitely can vouch for reliability and smooth ride...

hater
12-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Lexus RX owner here too... Definitely can vouch for reliability and smooth ride...

I heard newer lexuses suck too. what years is urs nig?

Clipper Nation
12-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Manu is a Toyota, since he always turns over :downspin:

littlecoyotecoin
12-30-2014, 11:16 AM
American cars are also bad. But, they're still cheaper to maintain.

Asia is still the winner. Although I would not call The Spurs a Lexus LS400, either. Too luxurious. I would go with a standard transmission Toyota pickup. Under-rated, don't get a second look in traffic, inexpensive, reliable, put in the work, and run for 20 years while carrying that load. Also, made in San Antonio, for an added bonus.

littlecoyotecoin
12-30-2014, 11:17 AM

Good one!

ElNono
12-30-2014, 11:24 AM
I heard newer lexuses suck too. what years is urs nig?

2006... not planning on changing it anytime soon...

ElNono
12-30-2014, 11:26 AM

:lol

Better than crash and burn Chris 'tesla' Paul... :downspin:

lefty
12-30-2014, 11:27 AM
TP whoring out in the backseat

hater
12-30-2014, 11:34 AM
2006... not planning on changing it anytime soon...

:tu good choice. used to love fast german sportscars now I love older reliable cars tbh I'm too old to waste my life away in a car dealer :lol

Im riding my LS till the wheels fall off

ElNono
12-30-2014, 12:15 PM
:tu good choice. used to love fast german sportscars now I love older reliable cars tbh I'm too old to waste my life away in a car dealer :lol

Im riding my LS till the wheels fall off

German cars are good too. My old 300E had over 200k miles and refused to die. Ended up donating it to charity once the battery died. My associate also has a pair of 911s, solid cars, but like you said, I rather have the comfort at this point...

lefty
12-30-2014, 12:17 PM
German cars are good too. ..
Are good too?

Duh, they are the best

ElNono
12-30-2014, 12:22 PM
Are good too?

Duh, they are the best

They make some cheap ass shit nowadays too, tbh..

scanry
12-30-2014, 12:22 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSx-rcYZHGTmJe2FKVDvSyTBsl0y6uRf6SMv3FaqWSxRNy6mH8

Like the Spurs with Tim, Audi hit the jackpot with the Q7 back in 2005. They're still selling this SUV and it comes with an insane diesel motor. The V8 is like 800 Nm of torque and the V12 is over 1000 Nm. :wow

hater
12-30-2014, 12:28 PM
Audis are the least reliable of them Eurocars IMO never touch em

in2deep
12-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Evita Ginobili is the DSC Off button

Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) helps to minimize the loss of control. According to Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, one-third of fatal accidents could be prevented by the use of the technology :lmao

http://www.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploads/1MDash-6.jpg

russellgoat
12-30-2014, 12:47 PM
The refs are traffic cops, helping the spurs getting on time to their destination

iManu
12-30-2014, 01:54 PM
Spurs = Volvo

Boxy, but good.

lefty
12-30-2014, 01:58 PM
And the Lakers are the freeway that go swept upon by the Spursmobile

TrainOfThought5
12-30-2014, 02:23 PM
hmm... Spurs would probably be well equipped Camry, or like an 06 Acura RL

scanry
12-30-2014, 02:27 PM
hmm... Spurs would probably be well equipped Camry, or like an 06 Acura RL

Acuras are notorious for their niggles tbh.

Aremid
12-30-2014, 02:40 PM
The refs are traffic cops, helping the spurs getting on time to their destination

More like the construction crew leading them to a detour right off a cliff.

Cry Havoc
12-30-2014, 03:09 PM
The Spurs are the Nissan GTR or the new Vette. Faster and better handling than most supercars while costing far less because they are worth more than the sum of their parts.

littlecoyotecoin
12-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Audis are the least reliable of them Eurocars IMO never touch em

That is truth. Audis? Volvos? 200k miles? It's almost like none of these people have ever seen a REALLY reliable car. Hell, even a Hyundai might get you close to 200k these days.

jARS mEsH sEt
12-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Acuras are notorious for their niggles tbh.

They're still above industry average.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/attachments/gen-4-2010-2014/89962d1403118282-jd-powers-2014-initial-quality-subaru-below-average-jdpvds.jpg

jARS mEsH sEt
12-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Hyundai's even worse than Audi according to that graph. Not surprising. They've never been known for their reliability.

I think Mercedes and Cadillac surprised me the most. They've stepped up their game.

littlecoyotecoin
12-30-2014, 05:14 PM
Hyundai's even worse than Audi according to that graph. Not surprising. They've never been known for their reliability.

I think Mercedes and Cadillac surprised me the most. They've stepped up their game.

Yes. That is my point. Hyundais are notorious pieces of shit, and you STILL may get 200k out of one if you're lucky. So, you had better get 200k out of your other car that costs 2+ times as much, initially, often has to be repaired at the dealer, and has Euro electrical systems and expensive replacement parts along the way to that 200k.

I am also surprised by Buick, Lincoln, and Cadillac on that list. (Not Mercedes. If you pay an exhorbitant price, you should get something for it. Economically speaking, that increase in initial and total cost doesn't pan out. They should have Lexus' spot in reliability for those price tags, initially, and along the way...) I am a little suspect of how they arrive at their numbers, though. That Lexus number seems like it's in about the right position, but too extreme.

But, 5/10 best are Japanese.

An Accord or Camry, Corolla or Civic, are just about the best total cost per mile you can get. After that, a lot of it is vanity and luxury. That stuff gets really expensive to maintain.

I saw a $4500 bill from the dealer on a Lexus that wouldn't open it's trunk correctly.

jARS mEsH sEt
12-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Yes. That is my point. Hyundais are notorious pieces of shit, and you STILL may get 200k out of one if you're lucky. So, you had better get 200k out of your other car that costs 2+ times as much, initially, often has to be repaired at the dealer, and has Euro electrical systems and expensive replacement parts along the way to that 200k.

I am also surprised by Buick, Lincoln, and Cadillac on that list. (Not Mercedes. If you pay an exhorbitant price, you should get something for it. Economically speaking, that increase in initial and total cost doesn't pan out. They should have Lexus' spot in reliability for those price tags, initially, and along the way...) I am a little suspect of how they arrive at their numbers, though. That Lexus number seems like it's in about the right position, but too extreme.

But, 5/10 best are Japanese.

An Accord or Camry, Corolla or Civic, are just about the best total cost per mile you can get. After that, a lot of it is vanity and luxury. That stuff gets really expensive to maintain.

I saw a $4500 bill from the dealer on a Lexus that wouldn't open it's trunk correctly.

I've just had an awful experience with Mercedes so I'm probably biased. We purchased a brand new 1995 E320 back in '95 and it gave is nothing but trouble. $900 here. $1200 there. We paid several thousand for non-maintenance electrical issues over 11 years of ownership which is unacceptable in my opinion. I have heard that Mercedes nowadays are relatively reliable.

In hindsight I learned that the '95 E320 was notorious for unreliability which seems quite odd to me. 1995 was the last year of that particular E series model before the refresh to the "rounded"-style headlights. You'd think the '95 E series would be more reliable than the '94, '93, etc. E series.

Cry Havoc
12-30-2014, 05:54 PM
They're still above industry average.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/attachments/gen-4-2010-2014/89962d1403118282-jd-powers-2014-initial-quality-subaru-below-average-jdpvds.jpg

Lexus at 68. What?

ElNono
12-30-2014, 05:56 PM
Lexus = Toyota luxury line... That was the big difference for me going from the Merc to the Lexus. Brake pads? Exact same model pads as the Highlander. Even Lexus specific parts like the brake rotors are much cheaper than German parts and readily available. I've got a guy that does the work on the car for me, only go to the dealership if there's some service bulletin. Every dealership rips you off for labor cost anyways, tbh

ElNono
12-30-2014, 06:03 PM
I've just had an awful experience with Mercedes so I'm probably biased. We purchased a brand new 1995 E320 back in '95 and it gave is nothing but trouble. $900 here. $1200 there. We paid several thousand for non-maintenance electrical issues over 11 years of ownership which is unacceptable in my opinion. I have heard that Mercedes nowadays are relatively reliable.

In hindsight I learned that the '95 E320 was notorious for unreliability which seems quite odd to me. 1995 was the last year of that particular E series model before the refresh to the "rounded"-style headlights. You'd think the '95 E series would be more reliable than the '94, '93, etc. E series.

My previous car was a '93 300E and it was rock solid. It was a heavy car, not the shit aluminum you get these days. Put over 200k miles on it, never had a problem starting it, even in the cold NE... dunno what happened with Mercedes. I heard about the reliability issues on the later E series. It's a shame really, those were great cars.

jARS mEsH sEt
12-30-2014, 06:10 PM
My previous car was a '93 300E and it was rock solid. It was a heavy car, not the shit aluminum you get these days. Put over 200k miles on it, never had a problem starting it, even in the cold NE... dunno what happened with Mercedes. I heard about the reliability issues on the later E series. It's a shame really, those were great cars.

We have a pretty similar car history. I also went from Mercedes to Lexus. We have a 2007 LS 460. We've only put 45,000 miles on it over the course of 8 years of ownership so I'm thinking it will last until I'm well into old age. I'm not sure if I should be elated or disappointed :lol

Our 1995 E320 hit 90k miles before we called it quits in 2006. We replaced that one with a 2006 Honda Pilot.

The Pilot and LS 460 have been pretty good to us. The 2007 LS 460 was a first year model, but in light of that it's been pretty good to us. We've had 2 non-maintenance problems over the course of ownership. The driver side and passenger side rear view mirrors wouldn't "fold in" properly after parking and locking the car. That cost $700 to fix. And then we had uneven brake pad wear, but that's our fault for not breaking them in properly to begin with.

ElNono
12-30-2014, 06:30 PM
We have a pretty similar car history. I also went from Mercedes to Lexus. We have a 2007 LS 460. We've only put 45,000 miles on it over the course of 8 years of ownership so I'm thinking it will last until I'm well into old age. I'm not sure if I should be elated or disappointed :lol

Our 1995 E320 hit 90k miles before we called it quits in 2006. We replaced that one with a 2006 Honda Pilot.

The Pilot and LS 460 have been pretty good to us. The 2007 LS 460 was a first year model, but in light of that it's been pretty good to us. We've had 2 non-maintenance problems over the course of ownership. The driver side and passenger side rear view mirrors wouldn't "fold in" properly after parking and locking the car. That cost $700 to fix. And then we had uneven brake pad wear, but that's our fault for not breaking them in properly to begin with.

I bought the Lexus used from a single owner, lady friend of ours, only had 44K miles on it and loaded. Has all the optional packages except for the infrared auto-distance cruise control. We've had the car for 5 years now and still love it. Just replaced the front rotors and brake pads. Also just got a letter from Toyota to take it into the dealership at some point to change the front lights due to condensation free of charge (I actually don't have much of a problem with that, but heck, why not). Easily the best car I've owned when you factor in comfort, reliability and parts pricing.

EVAY
12-30-2014, 07:00 PM
I had a '95 Lexus that I drove for 10 years and hated giving it up. My husband told me I had to do it because people wouldn't buy a car over 10 years old. So then I got a Mercedes E series. It was okay - never had a problem with it and it drove well but I was just never comfortable with it. Sold it at a sub-par price to a friend several years ago. Has done well for them, too.

My husband got the big Lexus sedan in '09 and we both loved it forever. I bought an Audi Q5 because we needed an all-wheel drive car in Colorado, where we spend half the year. I now have it down here and I LOVE it - no problems and easy to drive. My husband traded in the Lexus for the huge 2015 Mercedes sedan and he has not been all that thrilled with it, or with the new MB dealership's service. Bad news. I think whenever he gets rid of the Mercedes he will go back to Lexus. When the time comes, I will replace my Audi with another Audi. I love it.

jARS mEsH sEt
12-30-2014, 10:16 PM
I had a '95 Lexus that I drove for 10 years and hated giving it up. My husband told me I had to do it because people wouldn't buy a car over 10 years old. So then I got a Mercedes E series. It was okay - never had a problem with it and it drove well but I was just never comfortable with it. Sold it at a sub-par price to a friend several years ago. Has done well for them, too.

My husband got the big Lexus sedan in '09 and we both loved it forever. I bought an Audi Q5 because we needed an all-wheel drive car in Colorado, where we spend half the year. I now have it down here and I LOVE it - no problems and easy to drive. My husband traded in the Lexus for the huge 2015 Mercedes sedan and he has not been all that thrilled with it, or with the new MB dealership's service. Bad news. I think whenever he gets rid of the Mercedes he will go back to Lexus. When the time comes, I will replace my Audi with another Audi. I love it.

Lexus' dealership experience is truly phenomenal, at least down here in Austin. The other luxury brand dealerships don't really compare. Our dealership has a nice lounge with massage chairs, internet access (desktops and free wifi), and free food and drink (muffins, cookies, fruits, and the standard beverage fare).

Audi has always caught my eye with their elegant and timeless designs, but I don't want to take the risk with their questionable reliability. But the Q5 is definitely a sharp looking SUV.