PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Big Two tonight

Johnny RIngo
12-31-2014, 09:42 PM
26/7/3 for Manu
16/10/5/3 for Duncan

These two carried the Spurs in the mid 2000s. Ten years later and they're still carrying the team on their backs. 37 and 38 years old - amazing what they're doing at their age. It's too bad the front office never supplied them with a good third option during their prime years.

ElNono
12-31-2014, 09:44 PM
Greatness, tbh... The ultimate pros and winners

Kool Bob Love
12-31-2014, 09:46 PM
Greatest one-two punch to ever play the game of basketball.

GAWDS. :worthy:

ducks
12-31-2014, 09:46 PM
only 2 games in 8 days he should kick ass the next couple of games

26/7/3 for Manu
16/10/5/3 for Duncan

These two carried the Spurs in the mid 2000s. Ten years later and they're still carrying the team on their backs. 37 and 38 years old - amazing what they're doing at their age. It's too bad the front office never supplied them with a good third option during their prime years.

ducks
12-31-2014, 09:47 PM
Greatest one-two punch to ever play the game of basketball.

GAWDS. :worthy:humm mj and pippin together kicked ass

100%duncan
12-31-2014, 09:49 PM
Greatest spurs of all time. No one comes CLOSE.

Kool Bob Love
12-31-2014, 09:50 PM
humm mj and pippin together kicked ass

Not at 37 and 38.

ducks
12-31-2014, 09:50 PM
david robinson and george gervin hello

ducks
12-31-2014, 09:51 PM
Not at 37 and 38.

at age 37 yes

100%duncan
12-31-2014, 09:53 PM
Sure if you like losing. Winners are winners.

Johnny RIngo
12-31-2014, 09:58 PM

Robinson was already retired at Manu's age. Gervin was a recovering cocaine addict at age 37. The longevity we're seeing from Duncan and Manu is extraordinary. It's like Stockton and Malone but without the annual choking in the playoffs.

HI-FI
12-31-2014, 10:05 PM
The Big 2, I like that. Manu gives me more chest pains and acid reflux than any other player, but no doubt he's my 3rd favorite Spur.

Hopefully they can hang around for another year, I don't see who would take over the leadership reigns.

Fuzzy Dunlop
12-31-2014, 10:10 PM
these two are nice. better than the faggot PG that is sitting out games right now and saving himself for pointless summer basketball.

:lol Enrique fans
:lol Cry Havoc
:lol Brazil
:lol hater

poop
12-31-2014, 10:12 PM
Robinson was already retired at Manu's age. Gervin was a recovering cocaine addict at age 37. The longevity we're seeing from Duncan and Manu is extraordinary. It's like Stockton and Malone but without the annual choking in the playoffs.

This

ThaBigFundamental21
12-31-2014, 10:31 PM

Thank you!!! The ignorance is thick....

100%duncan
12-31-2014, 10:34 PM
Thank you!!! The ignorance is thick....

The rings are thick too

Kawhi
12-31-2014, 10:38 PM
Thought this was about Evans and Asik

ducks
12-31-2014, 10:50 PM
robinson back was an issue

Beaverfuzz
12-31-2014, 10:52 PM
these two are nice. better than the faggot PG that is sitting out games right now and saving himself for pointless summer basketball.

This, quit being a pussy Tony!

mkurts
01-01-2015, 03:13 AM
Robinson and Duncan the ultimate twin towers

Sean Cagney
01-01-2015, 03:37 AM
Greatest spurs of all time. No one comes CLOSE.
WOAH, they have a top 50 guy in D Rob who basically saved the team and kept them in SA and first ballot HOF himself..... I disagree nobody COMING CLOSE, that is a little far fetched there. Gervin is up there as well, rings aside that guy was a great player and another HOF player. That CLOSE though is just a little too far. Tim Duncan, D Rob and then the rest.
Robinson and Duncan the ultimate twin towers

Hell yeah.

BillMc
01-01-2015, 03:50 AM
I can't think of two players in any major sport that were both this old and still this good and playing together. Stockton and Malone is the only comparison I can think of, and as someone pointed out, they weren't coming off a championship (much less their 4th together).

Manu is great but there are nights he looks mortal. Those are so rare for Timmy.

I don't want either of them to retire after this year. Sign them both RC for 2 more years, with a player option on the second year.

apalisoc_9
01-01-2015, 04:10 AM

:lmao

Sean Cagney
01-01-2015, 04:14 AM
I can't think of two players in any major sport that were both this old and still this good and playing together. Stockton and Malone is the only comparison I can think of, and as someone pointed out, they weren't coming off a championship (much less their 4th together).

Manu is great but there are nights he looks mortal. Those are so rare for Timmy.

I don't want either of them to retire after this year. Sign them both RC for 2 more years, with a player option on the second year.I NEVER want them to retire to be honest! That will be a bad time in Spurs history when those two retire. I doubt they play another two years though, just have a hunch after this year one hangs it up or both or after next year but I don't see them playing two after this year especially Manu who looks old and slow more often than Tim does. Tim I can see maybe one or two more, Manu after this year or next though IMO is going to hang them up and chill with his family. I will cry when either retires no joke, those two are LEGENDS and it will be tough to watch a Spurs game without either. These guys made it easy to watch games without D ROB when he retired so hopefully we have guys who make it easy to watch games when they retire lord willing.

BillMc
01-01-2015, 04:28 AM
I NEVER want them to retire to be honest! That will be a bad time in Spurs history when those two retire. I doubt they play another two years though, just have a hunch after this year one hangs it up or both or after next year but I don't see them playing two after this year especially Manu who looks old and slow more often than Tim does. Tim I can see maybe one or two more, Manu after this year or next though IMO is going to hang them up and chill with his family. I will cry when either retires no joke, those two are LEGENDS and it will be tough to watch a Spurs game without either. These guys made it easy to watch games without D ROB when he retired so hopefully we have guys who make it easy to watch games when they retire lord willing.

Very well said, very poignant and I 100% agree. I almost cried when D-Rob went out (actually welled up when he was leaving the game in 2003 Finals), and frankly, Timmy and Manu will be even tougher.

Manu-of-steel
01-01-2015, 07:50 AM
I'll be crying my heart out when that time comes. I just hope kawhi, Danny, patty, tiago, and Kyle will be up to the task of continuing the spurs' winning ways.

spursparker9
01-01-2015, 07:58 AM
I'll be crying my heart out when that time comes. I just hope kawhi, Danny, patty, tiago, and Kyle will be up to the task of continuing the spurs' winning ways.

Danny and Patty are pretty durable tbh.

Kawhi and Tiago are quite injury prone tbh.

spursparker9
01-01-2015, 07:59 AM
Do you guys think that Timmy and Manu will retire together ?

Or is there a chance that either one will leave and the other one may still stay for 1 more year.

I personally think that if either retires, the other will follow suit as well.

edit: yesterday I read one article from the B/R app linked from mysa.com. It stated that Manu said that currently he physically-wise feel good, currently he still could play one more season next year but it all depend whether he wants it to do it or not.

le13
01-01-2015, 08:01 AM
Do you guys think that Timmy and Manu will retire together ?

Or is there a chance that either one will leave and the other one may still stay for 1 more year.

I personally think that if either retires, the other will follow suit as well.

It is pretty sure that they will retire at the same time...

le13
01-01-2015, 08:01 AM

2 years old???

spursparker9
01-01-2015, 08:06 AM
It is pretty sure that they will retire at the same time...

If they retire together on the same year, there will be a chance that both of them will be inducted to the Basketball HOF together right?

Unless the voters count out Manu and put him off a few years to be inducted after Timmy.

le13
01-01-2015, 08:09 AM
If they retire together on the same year, there will be a chance that both of them will be inducted to the Basketball HOF together right?

Unless the voters count out Manu and put him off a few years to be inducted after Timmy.

Not really. They will be both HOF for sure. But timmy will be the first one to be in.. Manu will come in the one after i think, maybe at the same time as TP..

MVPCues
01-01-2015, 10:03 AM
I NEVER want them to retire to be honest! That will be a bad time in Spurs history when those two retire. I doubt they play another two years though, just have a hunch after this year one hangs it up or both or after next year but I don't see them playing two after this year especially Manu who looks old and slow more often than Tim does. Tim I can see maybe one or two more, Manu after this year or next though IMO is going to hang them up and chill with his family. I will cry when either retires no joke, those two are LEGENDS and it will be tough to watch a Spurs game without either. These guys made it easy to watch games without D ROB when he retired so hopefully we have guys who make it easy to watch games when they retire lord willing.

+1 bro. I think they both retire together. I can't help but think how the playoffs go will determine if they are done this year or they come back for one more year. If they repeat, they are gone. If they get flat out blown away in the first or second round, they are gone. If they lose a tough one late and had a chance and a trade or two happens and they feel like a key piece or two is brought in to reduce their heavy lifting they give it one more year.

EVAY
01-01-2015, 10:30 AM
+1 bro. I think they both retire together. I can't help but think how the playoffs go will determine if they are done this year or they come back for one more year. If they repeat, they are gone. If they get flat out blown away in the first or second round, they are gone. If they lose a tough one late and had a chance and a trade or two happens and they feel like a key piece or two is brought in to reduce their heavy lifting they give it one more year.

That's what I think too.

703 Spurz
01-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Danny Green needs to get his head out of his ass so these guys don't need to carry the team every night.

DMC
01-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Danny is just in a shooting slump. That's not something you can will away. He should keep doing his routine, it will come back to him. I'll take a slump around NY over a slump in the springtime.

ElNono
01-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Danny is just in a shooting slump. That's not something you can will away. He should keep doing his routine, it will come back to him. I'll take a slump around NY over a slump in the springtime.

Yeah, Im glad he's still firing them... Eventually they'll go in

Harry Callahan
01-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Yeah, Im glad he's still firing them... Eventually they'll go in

Green brings more than just offense. He helped get the key stop at the end last night.

I see Tim and Manu going this year and next year. If the basketball gods shine on the Spurs and they somehow win the Finals again this year, then they will hang it up at the same time in June 2015. That would be pretty awesome, but also against the odds.

It was an amazing accomplishment to go on this recent three year run of success given their ages and to essentially be the best team in basketball the last two years with 36-38 guys being such key parts of the core.

The Spurs are so fortunate to have three impactful players like #9, #20, and #21 for so long together. That won't happen again anytime soon with the "Me First" crowd that is so much a part of the league now.....

ElNono
01-01-2015, 04:44 PM
Green brings more than just offense. He helped get the key stop at the end last night.

I see Tim and Manu going this year and next year. If the basketball gods shine on the Spurs and they somehow win the Finals again this year, then they will hang it up at the same time in June 2015. That would be pretty awesome, but also against the odds.

It was an amazing accomplishment to go on this recent three year run of success given their ages and to essentially be the best team in basketball the last two years with 36-38 guys being such key parts of the core.

The Spurs are so fortunate to have three impactful players like #9, #20, and #21 for so long together. That won't happen again anytime soon with the "Me First" crowd that is so much a part of the league now.....

Completely agree, and I did point out his key stop last night. But we could use some extra points from him while we're shorthanded...

dorrrr
01-01-2015, 05:07 PM
Seriously, two of the greatest winners and characters in basketball ever, absolute legends.
Will be too sad to see them go. Hoping that it will be long 'till this moment has to come.

spurs10
01-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Danny needs to be in an HEB commercial.

milkyway21
01-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Danny needs to be in an HEB commercial.

Yeah! I thought so too! :D

tim_duncan_fan
01-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Tim and Manu are the bee's knees and the honey, no question. I have a love/hate relationship with Parker but he's had his place too. I liked him better when he wasn't the lead Spur and before he tried to fuck his teammates' wives, but we can't take his positives away from him when we're serious.

Anyway, you guys ever Wiki Tony before? Did you know his name is William?

I just found out and now I feel like a bad fan.

I'm referring to him as "Will" whenever he's pissing me off during a game from now on.

milkyway21
01-01-2015, 05:46 PM
My OMG:wow for Duncan & Manu when I watched the replay again.

This legendary Spurs Duo is priceless.
Any game with Manu you never know what you gonna get next. It's always unexpected.

Duncan, how many times does he actually bail us out with his buZzer-beating heroics?

Hemotivo
01-01-2015, 09:50 PM
:tu

lefty
01-01-2015, 10:44 PM

:lol @Cry Havoc
:lol @Brazil
:lol @hater
http://media.giphy.com/media/bEE4kvmWjyMXm/giphy.gif

100%duncan
01-02-2015, 01:13 AM
Danny Green needs to get his head out of his ass so these guys don't need to carry the team every night.

Lol maybe parker needs to get his hurt asscheek off the fkm bench so our 40 yr olds dont get tired