PDA

View Full Version : OT: Is it true this board will be gone this Summer?

mavsfan1000
01-01-2015, 01:14 AM
I've heard rumors this site will disappear this summer. If true, it's been a great run. Congrats to your Spurs for a decade of dominance.

Thread
01-01-2015, 01:19 AM
It changed my life.

& I'll take it to the grave.

Legacy
01-01-2015, 02:25 AM
Are they seriously getting rid of this site?

JohnnyMax
01-01-2015, 02:43 AM
If they're worried about negative associations, just move upstairs to another website.

Franklin
01-01-2015, 03:16 AM
mono will take over this site and apply his picklebreath rules here tbh.

sook
01-01-2015, 03:18 AM
mono will take over this site and apply his picklebreath rules here tbh.

Rogue, lets build our own forum.

Franklin
01-01-2015, 03:40 AM
cool idea but I'm afraid neither of us is a pro in computer science (like that fat old European) tbh, you major in biology if I remember correct.

Strange Love
They'll probably give ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) a chance to buy it.

AaronY
Kori and LJ almost never post anymore and since there are no ads this must cost them thousands of dollars a year I'm thinking but I don't know anything bout what it costs to run a site tbh. But since they never come here can see why they might think it's not worth it whatever the cost. Plus there's always the edgy badasses who insult them every time they show up

sook
01-01-2015, 03:50 AM
cool idea but I'm afraid neither of us is a pro in computer science (like that fat old European) tbh, you major in biology if I remember correct.

More towards Biomedical Engineering, but I still don't really know shit about programming :lol

I promise to build you a goddess subforum, k

AlexJones
01-01-2015, 06:22 AM
Kori and LJ almost never post anymore and since there are no ads this must cost them thousands of dollars a year I'm thinking but I don't know anything bout what it costs to run a site tbh. But since they never come here can see why they might think it's not worth it whatever the cost. Plus there's always the edgy badasses who insult them every time they show up

:cry Malik Hairston busted timvp's cookie, now he has to sell the site

Thread
01-01-2015, 06:27 AM
^What I still find incredible is the money Ellis puts forth on what amounts to a not for profit venture. Makes me sick at the stomach. I don't give money to anybody cept the children & Kool.

AaronY
01-01-2015, 06:48 AM
:cry Malik Hairston busted timvp's cookie, now he has to sell the site

Hes not the only one. There's a lot of people who wanna show how hard core and edgy they are and talk shit to about LJ. Its about showing how much of a rebel you are and how you're not afraid to stand up and speak truth to power and strike a blow against the power elite of a basketball internet message board. Pretty baddass dudes imo and thats a pretty cool admirable thing for them to have their life resume. I like it myself too in the "I talked back to teacher aren't I cool" level of badass it exudes

Robz4000
01-01-2015, 07:11 AM
If it does happen, I'd volunteer to take over. Keep in mind, jeebus and Mugen would get moderator status...

Fabbs
01-01-2015, 08:54 AM
I've heard they are going to start a new site for the trolls called www. Pounding The Cock

Franklin
01-01-2015, 09:22 AM
More towards Biomedical Engineering, but I still don't really know shit about programming :lol

I promise to build you a goddess subforum, k
Maybe we should try bringing our talents to the real world bro. Even if we had a goddess subform around this place the forum would be even quieter than Pistons forum tbh, with no more than 3 active posters (you, me and Reck). I'll sing all my songs out in the real world and make a lot of money selling albums.

ElNono
01-01-2015, 09:50 AM
I've heard they are going to start a new site for the trolls called www. Pounding The Cock

:lol

Xevious
01-01-2015, 09:53 AM

IIRC one of them said a few years back that they had received offers to purchase the site for a substantial amount of money, but they chose to never sell. I'm sure it would become an advertisement-ridden, over-moderated mess if that were to happen, but would not blame them. As you said, this can't be cheap to maintain.

DMC
01-01-2015, 12:15 PM
I don't think a forum costs thousands a year. I've run similar ones for not much. If it's that expensive, due to the traffic, then it's not worth the cost especially since half of the users are just duplicates of other users.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-01-2015, 12:23 PM
I don't think it will go down officially, but most prominent and old school members have departed. Once the Spurs become irrelevant (probably in the next couple years) this place will die out.

DMC
01-01-2015, 01:04 PM
If it does Dale will go to the next one claiming he shut this one down.

Thread
01-01-2015, 01:11 PM
If it does Dale will go to the next one claiming he shut this one down.

lmcontrollinao!!!

lil_penny
01-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Hope not. This is the only forum I've been apart of, just look at all the other ones out there.

Only place you can go from talking about who the best team in the league is, to a dead members wife, getting calf tats and then hanging out with Samuel dalembert all in the same thread

Medvedenko
01-01-2015, 01:37 PM
End of an Era. 10 + years on this site and it's turned into a cess pool. Maybe I'll take it over and turn it into a laker forum praising the virtues of Kobe.

unleashbaynes
01-01-2015, 01:44 PM
every day you type spurstalk.com into your browser and something pops up is a miracle.

Thebesteva
01-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Malik Hairston, time to do 1 last list. Best posters of all time before they burn this forum down

Thread
01-01-2015, 02:13 PM
every day you type spurstalk.com into your browser and something pops up is a miracle.

Though Ellis locking the door upstairs after Amy put Tim in the shitter was a revelation.

Jodelo
01-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Only place you can go from talking about who the best team in the league is, to a dead members wife, getting calf tats and then hanging out with Samuel dalembert all in the same thread

sook
01-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Hope not. This is the only forum I've been apart of, just look at all the other ones out there.

:lmao

phxspurfan
01-01-2015, 03:20 PM
I don't think it will go down officially, but most prominent and old school members have departed. Once the Spurs become irrelevant (probably in the next couple years) this place will die out.

But but Kawhi is the future, and it will be Tony's team and such what not. You mean to say we won't be in the finals every year?

koriwhat
01-01-2015, 04:22 PM

The company I use comes with unlimited bandwidth at $14 a yr. I think they're tired of us and this site. More powerror to them if they refuse to reup.

ChumpDumper
01-01-2015, 05:43 PM
I've heard rumors
Where?

Slomo
01-01-2015, 06:42 PM
The company I use comes with unlimited bandwidth at $14 a yr. I think they're tired of us and this site. More powerror to them if they refuse to reup.

What do you get for 14$? unlimited traffic on a dial up?

You have no clue what it takes for a forum with the traffic of ST to run smoothly - or to even stay online during peak times.

illusioNtEk
01-01-2015, 06:49 PM
I would gladly host this website for free if givin the opportunity. How can I reach out to Kori ?

baseline bum
01-01-2015, 06:51 PM
I would gladly host this website for free if givin the opportunity. How can I reach out to Kori ?

I'll lend you my 4960x system with dual Titan Blacks tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
01-01-2015, 07:47 PM

You have no clue what it takes for a forum with the traffic of ST to run smoothly - or to even stay online during peak times.

so u tellin me the servers underneath that slovenian ice lake is still not cold enough for the random truthbombs dropped?

BB or the clown that owns the latest powermac system he bought for +10k....should take over...fill the site with ads...gay ads

m>s
01-01-2015, 08:02 PM
I doubt it's going away

MarioSpeedwagon
01-02-2015, 12:27 AM
I doubt it's going away

What makes you say that?

Thread
01-02-2015, 12:29 AM

Leave the gay bar you're perpetually in.

AlexJones
01-02-2015, 12:44 AM
Leave the gay bar you're perpetually in.

U gonna just retire if the board goes away?

Thread
01-02-2015, 12:47 AM
U gonna just retire if the board goes away?

Yep.

DPG21920
01-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Kori said if Cull leaves the site remains. If he won't leave, it's going down.

lefty
01-02-2015, 01:02 AM

Nothing beats Slovenian servers

Thread
01-02-2015, 01:03 AM
Kori said if Cull leaves the site remains. If he won't leave, it's going down.

Please. You'd be one of the first to cry & moan about my absence.

DPG21920
01-02-2015, 01:16 AM
You are a liar.

Splits
01-02-2015, 01:38 AM

You should post more. tlongII needs the help

Splits
01-02-2015, 01:40 AM

Tell Kori I've got $25k cash for the site. And I won't pollute with ads. PM works

Thread
01-02-2015, 01:55 AM
You are a liar.

Seriously, you'd rue the day, Deeps.

Malik Hairston
01-02-2015, 02:00 AM
Hes not the only one. There's a lot of people who wanna show how hard core and edgy they are and talk shit to about LJ. Its about showing how much of a rebel you are and how you're not afraid to stand up and speak truth to power and strike a blow against the power elite of a basketball internet message board. Pretty baddass dudes imo and thats a pretty cool admirable thing for them to have their life resume. I like it myself too in the "I talked back to teacher aren't I cool" level of badass it exudes

:lol this clown, tbh..

Timvp took shots at Harlem before I ever said a bad word about him, tbh..there are pussies on this forum(like mavs-spurs) that tried to be edgy by acting hard on the internet and threatening timvp IRL, but I never said a bad word about that cuckold until he started feeling threatened by opinions of mine, etc..

Now his alts follow me around, because I mocked his cliff-jumping, emo posts prior to his "leave of absence"..his sheep could no longer follow him after he predicted the Spurs would lose to Memphis in 2013, and the run was over, :(it still hurts:(..

Kori Ellis and I are cool, though, she's a brave, admirable woman to be raising all those kids all by herself nowadays..

Splits
01-02-2015, 02:18 AM

Timvp took shots at Harlem before I ever said a bad word about him, tbh..there are pussies on this forum(like mavs-spurs) that tried to be edgy by acting hard on the internet and threatening timvp IRL, but I never said a bad word about that cuckold until he started feeling threatened by opinions of mine, etc..

Now his alts follow me around, because I mocked his cliff-jumping, emo posts prior to his "leave of absence"..his sheep could no longer follow him after he predicted the Spurs would lose to Memphis in 2013, and the run was over, :(it still hurts:(..

Kori Ellis and I are cool, though, she's a brave, admirable woman to be raising all those kids all by herself nowadays..

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-boom-boom-boom-8.png

Splits
01-02-2015, 02:21 AM
Better check yourself HH, keys to me are in negotiations

Splits
01-02-2015, 02:47 AM
Kori just shot down the initial price, pm if you want a 5-15% stake...

unforeseen
01-02-2015, 02:57 AM
Kori just shot down the initial price, pm if you want a 5-15% stake...

Did she respond with an acceptable price?

Splits
01-02-2015, 03:07 AM
PMs only at this point...

DMC
01-02-2015, 03:36 AM

Remember det time you were trolled into taking selfies in your premanufactured home bathroom?

scanry
01-02-2015, 03:43 AM
Ad money is the only way out tbh. This is like a safe haven for people like Dale. Heck that fuck would pay to post on this board.

sook
01-02-2015, 03:55 AM
Ad money is the only way out tbh. This is like a safe haven for people like Dale. Heck that fuck would pay to post on this board.:lmao

10 cent/per post. Would seriously cut down the spamming.

scanry
01-02-2015, 04:08 AM

10 cent/per post. Would seriously cut down the spamming.

Make it a cent and he'll pull the trigger. 21387 posts would account to $214. Slomo should consider this.

DeadlyDynasty
01-02-2015, 05:42 AM
Where?
^First guy to commit suicide in the post-ST world...calling it now.

spurraider21
01-02-2015, 05:45 AM
If it does happen, I'd volunteer to take over. Keep in mind, jeebus (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=22786) and Mugen (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15519) would get moderator status...
could i moderate the new Oakland Raiders forum tbh?

Slomo
01-02-2015, 06:23 AM
Nothing beats Slovenian servers

Never said that, but at the traffic that this site gets most datacentres charge extra after a certain limit is reached or they limit the bandwidth. We've tried several setups in the states and the hidden chrages killed us. There's a few really good centres in Europe (no traffic or bandwidth limitations), but they're expensive. For the current setup we're convinced we're getting the best price performance. Anything cheaper (without compromise) would require us getting server space in a high grade datacentre for free or at an even greater discount we already have.

There has been many people on this board saying they can do it (or help) - nobody so far has delivered, so I'm not holdoing my breath.

Ad money is the only way out tbh. This is like a safe haven for people like Dale. Heck that fuck would pay to post on this board.

I don't disagree with you, but many don't realize that introducing adds also means introducing severe guidelines around content and language and of course enforcement of those guidelines (moderation).

Franklin
01-02-2015, 06:29 AM
I heard that there're some business owners on this website who makes 6 figures a month with ease, I think they'll be very glad to help fund it. Plus, the estimated value of Spurstalk is only 20-30 thousand, which's way underrated tbh. We have excellent basketball takes and numerous original artworks of literature, Spurstalk is worth at least 100 times that figure imho.

AaronY
01-02-2015, 06:46 AM

Was more thinking of when timvp posted for the first time in a year and a bunch of dudes was calling him vulgar curse words cuz he didn't hang around posting about the pick and roll every day so it meant he was a coward or something. Obviously you're friends with them what with all the nice things you've said about their kids and all so wasn't referring to you

TDMVPDPOY
01-02-2015, 07:33 AM
Was more thinking of when timvp posted for the first time in a year and a bunch of dudes was calling him vulgar curse words cuz he didn't hang around posting about the pick and roll every day so it meant he was a coward or something. Obviously you're friends with them what with all the nice things you've said about their kids and all so wasn't referring to you

says whatever it takes to be unban...he a wanker

lefty
01-02-2015, 09:49 AM
Never said that, but at the traffic that this site gets most datacentres charge extra after a certain limit is reached or they limit the bandwidth. We've tried several setups in the states and the hidden chrages killed us. There's a few really good centres in Europe (no traffic or bandwidth limitations), but they're expensive. For the current setup we're convinced we're getting the best price performance. Anything cheaper (without compromise) would require us getting server space in a high grade datacentre for free or at an even greater discount we already have.

There has been many people on this board saying they can do it (or help) - nobody so far has delivered, so I'm not holdoing my breath.

I don't disagree with you, but many don't realize that introducing adds also means introducing severe guidelines around content and language and of course enforcement of those guidelines (moderation).
I agree tbh

Spurs9
01-02-2015, 10:26 AM
How much server infrastructure is used for this site?

jeebus
01-02-2015, 10:29 AM
there's an easy way to make money for the site tbh. just have a donation set up; say if you donate a couple dollars, you can change someone's avatar for a couple days. donate more to change their username, change their team and colors, etc. donate a whole lot more to have them pinked for a week or whatever. imo.

m>s
01-02-2015, 11:22 AM
Jeebus is a n!gger!

Thread
01-02-2015, 12:02 PM
there's an easy way to make money for the site tbh. just have a donation set up; say if you donate a couple dollars, you can change someone's avatar for a couple days. donate more to change their username, change their team and colors, etc. donate a whole lot more to have them pinked for a week or whatever. imo.

I'd certainly pony up for a Silver Award.

Cry Havoc
01-02-2015, 12:17 PM

So ST is going down? Hell if it's a burden, put ads on the site or something. Make it at least break even.

sook
01-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Clutchfans gives contributing member status. I wouldn't mind donating, most people who still post here would IMO.

lefty
01-02-2015, 01:50 PM
ST is going down

There is nothing you can do about it

Seventyniner
01-02-2015, 02:06 PM
I have noticed a slight negative correlation between the quality of posts on this site and the Spurs' success.

Cry Havoc
01-02-2015, 02:26 PM
I have noticed a slight negative correlation between the quality of posts on this site and the Spurs' success.

This board was unreadable when the Lakers were on top. And before that, there were a number of terrible Rockets fans.

lil_penny
01-02-2015, 02:31 PM
You should post more. tlongII needs the help

I try to every now and then, mostly just lurking though the last year or so.

jeebus
01-02-2015, 02:42 PM
Clutchfans gives contributing member status. I wouldn't mind donating, most people who still post here would IMO.
I know some people here wouldn't mind donating $10 to have avante/capri pinked for a week, or change cully's name to Tim>Kirby or whatever.

Thread
01-02-2015, 02:44 PM
This board was unreadable when the Lakers were on top. And before that, there were a number of terrible Rockets fans.

Amy high playing Tim right into the shitter definitely assisted in the comprehensive readability of this board.

Robz4000
01-02-2015, 03:05 PM
could i moderate the new Oakland Raiders forum tbh?

As long as you take care of the revamped troll forum as well, sure.

Slomo
01-02-2015, 05:55 PM
So ST is going down? Hell if it's a burden, put ads on the site or something. Make it at least break even.

That's not what I said. I only responded to some technical points that were made in this thread by the tech "experts".

The future of ST is the exclusive remit of timvp and Kori. I haven't heard from them on the subject so I am assuming it's business as ususal. If they change their minds I'm sure they'll let me and everybody else know.

The voluntary contribution model typically doesn't work. I'm not aware of a single large forum that is financed that way - or at least not exclusively by donations/memberships. But again that's not a technical issue and as such not something I can decide - only offer my opinion.

Kool Bob Love
01-02-2015, 05:57 PM
As long as Duncan rings.

Thread
01-02-2015, 06:08 PM
^I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Kool Bob Love
01-02-2015, 06:32 PM
^
will shit you been doing it for 60+ years Thread. I'll get there. One day. Then I'll know.

UZER
01-02-2015, 06:33 PM
^I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Typing words in English is setting a trend?

What other entire languages do you hold hostage under your trend?

z0sa
01-02-2015, 07:01 PM
No way they shut this place down before running ads (or selling it to someone who does).

This place's traffic is worth a shit ton of $$$.

Thread
01-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Typing words in English is setting a trend?

What other entire languages do you hold hostage under your trend?

No, to answer your initial query. I coined it "As long as Duncan doesn't ring." If you think you're going to come along and use my shit, or, a strict derivative without me citing it, Ooze, you are out of your ever loving Gourdy Howe.

Thread
01-02-2015, 07:13 PM
^
will shit you been doing it for 60+ years Thread. I'll get there. One day. Then I'll know.

If you're lucky.

DMC
01-02-2015, 07:44 PM
No, to answer your initial query. I coined it "As long as Duncan doesn't ring." If you think you're going to come along and use my shit, or, a strict derivative without me citing it, Ooze, you are out of your ever loving Gourdy Howe.
The problem is you take too many things and call them yours when in reality anything you say here is the property of Spurstalk.com. If you say the same thing often enough someone will repeat it back to you if for no other reason than to shut you up.

You're the only one here who thinks their repetition should be patented. Spend the money, get the patent or shut the fuck up. Certainly don't see you laying claim to shitty takes you've had like the fortification of Hedo.

Biernutz
01-02-2015, 08:32 PM
That's not what I said. I only responded to some technical points that were made in this thread by the tech "experts".

The future of ST is the exclusive remit of timvp and Kori. I haven't heard from them on the subject so I am assuming it's business as ususal. If they change their minds I'm sure they'll let me and everybody else know.

The voluntary contribution model typically doesn't work. I'm not aware of a single large forum that is financed that way - or at least not exclusively by donations/memberships. But again that's not a technical issue and as such not something I can decide - only offer my opinion.

I think all Spurs fans should stay members for free. All others who support other teams should pay $500 per year
to post here.

m>s
01-02-2015, 08:49 PM
The problem is you take too many things and call them yours when in reality anything you say here is the property of Spurstalk.com. If you say the same thing often enough someone will repeat it back to you if for no other reason than to shut you up.

You're the only one here who thinks their repetition should be patented. Spend the money, get the patent or shut the fuck up. Certainly don't see you laying claim to shitty takes you've had like the fortification of Hedo.

Splits
01-03-2015, 01:49 AM
No way they shut this place down before running ads (or selling it to someone who does).

This place's traffic is worth a shit ton of $$$.

Agreed. My offer still stands Kori Ellis (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6)

Splits
01-03-2015, 01:52 AM
As new owner, my first two steps would be:

1) hire 2 full-time employees
2) open enrollment using hired staff to weed out the trolls
Slomo: you're on the list for #1

Thread
01-03-2015, 01:53 AM

Of course. SOP. You'd be sitting here by your fucking self within 30 days. You idiot, you.

Splits
01-03-2015, 01:55 AM
Of course. SOP. You'd be sitting here by your fucking self within 30 days. You idiot, you.

I forgot step 3:::::: ban Dale

Thread
01-03-2015, 01:57 AM

Of course, you'd run, not walk, you'd run to it. You idiot, you.

Splits
01-03-2015, 01:59 AM
Of course, you'd run, not walk, you'd run to it. You idiot, you.

You dumbass, like I'd bury my breadwinner. Thread brings in 1/3 of my revenue according to my biz plan

Thread
01-03-2015, 02:00 AM
You dumbass, like I'd bury my breadwinner. Thread brings in 1/3 of my revenue according to my biz plan

You GD rights he does.

HI-FI
01-03-2015, 02:04 AM
dale would lose his shit if he got permabanned. I wouldn't want to be a Girl that night.

btw, how much you think this site cost a year to run?

Thread
01-03-2015, 02:06 AM
dale would lose his shit if he got permabanned. I wouldn't want to be a Girl that night.

You asshole, you.

Splits
01-03-2015, 02:09 AM

btw, how much you think this site cost a year to run?

With free mods like Slomo and no active IT admin? I'd guess about $300/yr

Thread
01-03-2015, 02:09 AM
With free mods like Slomo (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=121) and no active IT admin? I'd guess about $300/yr

I'd give 'em that much for a Silver Award.

DMC
01-03-2015, 02:10 AM
Dale is about 2 clicks from checking out voluntarily. He doesn't have anything to fall back on, no future in LA for the short term, and no nemesis in Miami. He'll ride Amy and 6 to a piss soaked, anal leakage grave.

HI-FI
01-03-2015, 02:11 AM
You asshole, you.
I'd feel bad tbh. I don't recall even voting on The List to oust you.

Splits
01-03-2015, 02:13 AM
I'd give 'em that much for a Silver Award.

my real 3rd move would be creating a Kirby subforum and giving Dale full mod rights

DeadlyDynasty
01-03-2015, 02:13 AM

Where the Slovenian women at, brah? We just have Macedonians, Bosnians, and Kosovians (sp?)...gotta have more selection out here.

Thread
01-03-2015, 02:15 AM
I'd feel bad tbh. I don't recall even voting on The List to oust you.

Weird, because I can't find a single soul aside from Findog who will own up to it.

Sean Cagney
01-03-2015, 02:15 AM

This is a given IMO, when they are winning there fans are interested but when they turn into a bad team who doesn't make the playoffs and is a middle of the pack team interest wanes sadly. We have been spoiled as fans for so long, it has been a great run and I will hate to see it end. When Tim and so on retire it just will not be the same at all. Sad but what you said is true.

Splits
01-03-2015, 02:16 AM
Weird, because I can't find a single soul aside from Findog who will own up to it.

Cite my vote

Thread
01-03-2015, 02:16 AM
Dale is about 2 clicks from checking out voluntarily. He doesn't have anything to fall back on, no future in LA for the short term, and no nemesis in Miami. He'll ride Amy and 6 to a piss soaked, anal leakage grave.

Absolutely.

DMC
01-03-2015, 02:17 AM
Absolutely.

Which means you won't be boasting of a championship.

Thread
01-03-2015, 02:18 AM
Cite my vote

Then you skip trace Kori down to have her change your name to my invention.

Fuck me.

Thread
01-03-2015, 02:19 AM
Which means you won't be boasting of a championship.

Of course not. LOL. This nutcase is actually entertaining the rumination. You silly SOB, you.

Splits
01-03-2015, 02:19 AM
Then you skip trace Kori down to have her change your name to my invention.

Fuck me.

Wtf are you talking about old man? Go check the vote count, i abstained

DMC
01-03-2015, 02:20 AM
Of course not. LOL. This nutcase is actually entertaining the rumination. You silly SOB, you.

Don't be so tough on yourself.

ElNono
01-03-2015, 02:25 AM

The problem is that vBulletin won't scale, AFAIK. I can provide space in one of our servers (East Coast, Fiber, backup power generator) if you need to do DB scaling or mirroring, but if your bottleneck is PHP, then it won't matter.

Splits
01-03-2015, 02:26 AM
The problem is that vBulletin won't scale, AFAIK. I can provide space in one of our servers (East Coast, Fiber, backup power generator) if you need to do DB scaling or mirroring, but if your bottleneck is PHP, then it won't matter.

Dork

ElNono
01-03-2015, 02:37 AM
Dork

:lol just trying to help.

Robz4000
01-03-2015, 03:32 AM
:lol just trying to help.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd

Slomo
01-03-2015, 05:00 PM

Slomo (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=121): you're on the list for #1

Thanks for the offer but I seriously doubt you could afford my salary - and if you could you'd be crazy to pay that much for a forum admin :lol

Splits
01-03-2015, 05:05 PM

Thanks for the offer but I seriously doubt you could afford my salary - and if you could you'd be crazy to pay that much for a forum admin :lol

Near-shores are affordable, but you're right, I'd probably make it down to Bangalore.

Slomo
01-03-2015, 05:07 PM

You are correct.

We are currently on a setup that is performing well enough (almost all the time) and is still somewhat affordable. Scaling up from this setup would be a huge step in cost (both in terms of servers and services) and would only be viable for a commercial/for-profit forum/website.

Your offer is however duly noted and if Kori and timvp one day decide to expand we'll definitely talk. Thanks!

Splits
01-03-2015, 05:09 PM
You are correct.

We are currently on a setup that is performing well enough (almost all the time) and is still somewhat affordable. Scaling up from this setup would be a huge step in cost (both in terms of servers and services) and would only be viable for a commercial/for-profit forum/website.

Your offer is however duly noted and if Kori and timvp one day decide to expand we'll definitely talk. Thanks!

so is that why enrollment is closed? Or is it a troll issue?

Slomo
01-03-2015, 05:17 PM
so is that why enrollment is closed? Or is it a troll issue?

It is not a technical issue.

Splits
01-03-2015, 05:19 PM

Then give me tha goddamn approval keys, this place is in desperate need of new blood. And I know how to ferret out the troll accounts

hater
01-03-2015, 05:21 PM
I say we diband the Evita bus riders. Tbh that traffic coming from Mexico and Argentina is nothing but a waste f badwidth :lol

hater
01-03-2015, 05:22 PM
On a more serious note. One Duncan retires this forum will fly. There will be no need to upgrade

Splits
01-03-2015, 05:35 PM
On a more serious note. One Duncan retires this forum will fly. There will be no need to upgrade

You underestimate the greatest franchise in the history of Sport in the modern era.

just ask Dale, Duncan is a TOSB

ElNono
01-03-2015, 06:07 PM
You are correct.

No problem, just send me a PM. BTW, I've been keeping an eye on HHVM since we had our last conversation about this and it has evolved quite a bit. There's still some memory issues with it, but it might be interesting to try it with full blown vBulletin at some point (Wordpress, for example, is fully supported at this time). They even have a FastCGI interface so it can be run from Apache or nginx, with possible fallback to the interpreter. Might be worth looking into at some point in the future.

Chris
01-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Amy high playing Tim right into the shitter definitely assisted in the comprehensive readability of this board.

It sure helps you sleep at night, amiright?

HI-FI
01-03-2015, 07:10 PM
People say the forum will die out once Duncan retires, and that's possible, but I think it depends more on ownership and the environment they create. Spurs are still very relevant with a legitimate shot at repeating, yet the site has seen better days. So it starts from the top but no one is behind the wheel imo.

Nathan89
01-03-2015, 07:31 PM

Best monetization plan that'll be unique to spurstalk. It would trash up the plAce quickly and deter quality posters.

Thread
01-03-2015, 08:18 PM
People say the forum will die out once Duncan retires, and that's possible, but I think it depends more on ownership and the environment they create. Spurs are still very relevant with a legitimate shot at repeating, yet the site has seen better days. So it starts from the top but no one is behind the wheel imo.

To me the Board has never been more accommodating & accessible. You in the shitter won't change it.

The Reckoning
01-03-2015, 08:23 PM
time to get that post count to 10k i saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiid

Thread
01-03-2015, 08:40 PM
It sure helps you sleep at night, amiright?

Yeah, you damn right, because I know what happened even though Media didn't lodge it, nor did your fanbase admit to it, to this very day. It's life, ain't nothing wrong with acknowledging it. I've stipulated to Kobe's rape and the bitter aftermath to it. You guys need to come forward and do likewise to Amy's impact on the '13 Finals. Then we'd be in essence "brothers." Now? We're shit, because you guys can't take it. You can only dish it.

Splits
01-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Yeah, you damn right, because I know what happened even though Media didn't lodge it, nor did your fanbase admit to it, to this very day. It's life, ain't nothing wrong with acknowledging it. I've stipulated to Kobe's rape and the bitter aftermath to it. You guys need to come forward and do likewise to Amy's impact on the '13 Finals. Then we'd be in essence "brothers." Now? We're shit, because you guys can't take it. You can only dish it.

Lets see how false this equivalence is... I'll start:

Raping followed by several years of mediocrity including a prime year missing the playoffs entirely

A prenuptial separation late in the season leads to back-2-back Finals appearances and a ring

Your turn

Thread
01-03-2015, 08:54 PM
Lets see how false this equivalence is... I'll start:

Raping followed by several years of mediocrity including a prime year missing the playoffs entirely

A prenuptial separation late in the season leads to back-2-back Finals appearances and a ring

Your turn

You actually had 1 in the case and then had to surrender it.

We never had 1 in the case and had to surrender it.

I'm naked.

Your turn.

Splits
01-03-2015, 09:01 PM
You actually had 1 in the case and then had to surrender it.

We never had 1 in the case and had to surrender it.

I'm naked.

Your turn.

Your misread is as bad as BScott at the end of games. The separation happened late in the regular season, a season in which nobody had us in the Finals, a place not even the biggest homer could have predicted an appearance.

Why can't you comprehend simple Spur fan facts, such as 2012 actually hurting more than 13?

Thread
01-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Your misread is as bad as BScott at the end of games. The separation happened late in the regular season, a season in which nobody had us in the Finals, a place not even the biggest homer could have predicted an appearance.

Why can't you comprehend simple Spur fan facts, such as 2012 actually hurting more than 13?

That fucker was still in the case. And you had to surrender it. No ifs ands or buts about it.

And I'm still nude.

Splits
01-03-2015, 09:31 PM
That fucker was still in the case. And you had to surrender it. No ifs ands or buts about it.

And I'm still nude.

And this is why nobody can stand you. Not your parroting. Not your age. Not your blind Kobestan takes.

It's your blatant ignorance of simple facts.

HI-FI
01-03-2015, 09:41 PM
And this is why nobody can stand you. Not your parroting. Not your age. Not your blind Kobestan takes.

It's your blatant ignorance of simple facts.
if you take over, how would you handle the bitter old fuck? He needs this site since this is about the only site that tolerates his chickenshit nature. I'd feel bad for him, but he is as deluded as Kobe....

Chris
01-03-2015, 09:43 PM

It's a stain on an otherwise squeeky clean resume for Duncan. It's unfortunate, but pales in comparison to rape. Amy got greedy, and Duncan had to cut her off. It was believed, by some, that this was fuel for the fire to get Duncan back to the finals in '13. It can be perceived either way, but its a blemish on the franchise nonetheless. Kobe's exploits are in another ballpark completely.

jeebus
01-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Brah, you need to anoint someone to approve accounts. This place needs fresh blood imo.

Splits
01-03-2015, 09:47 PM
if you take over, how would you handle the bitter old fuck? He needs this site since this is about the only site that tolerates his chickenshit nature. I'd feel bad for him, but he is as deluded as Kobe....

Status wouldn't change, I might turn certain words to *********, but that's about it. I don't hate the old man, want him to die happy, though not sure how relevant he'l be in the final 10 years of his life since Kirbs will be irrelevant along with all his tired schticks

Splits
01-03-2015, 09:49 PM
Brah, you need to anoint someone to approve accounts. This place needs fresh blood imo.

+1000000000 points.

I nominate jeebus and Splits , the most responsible posters

Splits

Fucking poorsung

Splits

Galaxy tab S

Splits

POS can't help but quad post

jeebus
01-03-2015, 09:56 PM
+1000000000 points.

I nominate jeebus (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=22786) and Splits (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=24583) , the most responsible posters

Fucking poorsung

Galaxy tab S

POS can't help but quad post

Splits
01-03-2015, 09:58 PM

STFU you goddamn Korean poorsung lover

Thread
01-03-2015, 10:08 PM
It's a stain on an otherwise squeeky clean resume for Duncan. It's unfortunate, but pales in comparison to rape. Amy got greedy, and Duncan had to cut her off. It was believed, by some, that this was fuel for the fire to get Duncan back to the finals in '13. It can be perceived either way, but its a blemish on the franchise nonetheless. Kobe's exploits are in another ballpark completely.

You always have to couch your shit. You can never just take it in totality. And that is sad. I feel bad for both of "us."

Chris
01-03-2015, 11:12 PM
You always have to couch your shit. You can never just take it in totality. And that is sad. I feel bad for both of "us."

I'll just bet you do :lol

Beaverfuzz
01-04-2015, 12:48 AM
Wipe my ass with this thread and call it good.