PDA

View Full Version : From A Pacer Fan

romsey31
08-31-2005, 07:14 PM
The Spurs are my fav west team. Why?Because Tim is from the Caribbean. I'm rejoicing with you with your great addition today. You just made your already smooth road to the NBA finals smoother, hope you guys dont fall asleep while driving, thats where the speed bumps would come in handy:).

Well I just want to let you guys know that we'll be waiting for yall in the finals. Good luck until then. Best of luck & have a healthy productive season.

P.S Pacers in 7 :)

Boo
08-31-2005, 07:15 PM
P.S Pacers in 7

Keep Dreamin`

Gummi
08-31-2005, 07:17 PM
It's a possibility, but to be honest I think both the Pistons and the Heat are one step ahead of you guys. If Artest can keep his cool throughout the season and if Jermaine can keep his body healthy, you never know.

romsey31
08-31-2005, 07:17 PM
Keep Dreamin`

They do come true you know...

Boo
08-31-2005, 07:19 PM
They do come true you know...

haha keep smoking :smokin

romsey31
08-31-2005, 07:20 PM
It's a possibility, but to be honest I think both the Pistons and the Heat are one step ahead of you guys. If Artest can keep his cool throughout the season and if Jermaine can keep his body healthy, you never know.

Heat? 2004 Lakers, they're isnt enough balls to pass around in MIA. Pistons? They need more depth and a better coach, Flip doesnt cut it in my honest opinion.

Sense
08-31-2005, 07:40 PM
The Spurs are my fav west team. Why?Because Tim is from the Caribbean. I'm rejoicing with you with your great addition today. You just made your already smooth road to the NBA finals smoother, hope you guys dont fall asleep while driving, thats where the speed bumps would come in handy:).

Well I just want to let you guys know that we'll be waiting for yall in the finals. Good luck until then. Best of luck & have a healthy productive season.

I think you said this because we just helped you get a clearer way down the road... no finley in your east finals...

I'm glad you're happy..

But you know we take advantage of people we get.

These 2 veterans.....

HAH!

romsey31
08-31-2005, 07:51 PM
I think you said this because we just helped you get a clearer way down the road... no finley in your east finals...

I'm glad you're happy..

But you know we take advantage of people we get.

These 2 veterans.....

HAH!

Actually I've like the Spurs for a long time, and to be honest if Finley went to Mia, it would've just made them the worst defensive team EVER! So its no biggy either way.

Boo
08-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Actually I've like the Spurs for a long time, and to be honest if Finley went to Mia, it would've just made them the worst defensive team EVER! So its no biggy either way.

So your saying they wouldn't get better?

romsey31
08-31-2005, 08:06 PM
So your saying they wouldn't get better?

I think they would be a big mess by the all star break.

Jimcs50
08-31-2005, 08:09 PM
It is Ironic that Finley had a hit song called Caribbean Queen, and now he is playing with the Caribbean King.

:)

kukjavel
08-31-2005, 10:45 PM

7 years

marcus
08-31-2005, 10:50 PM
7 years

7 decades :lol

Lonestar
08-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Maybe 7 rounds.

2centsworth
08-31-2005, 10:59 PM
I think the pacers have a great chance out East.

BillsCarnage
08-31-2005, 11:00 PM
Hey, thanks for James Jones. He'll be a nice addition.

Chris
08-31-2005, 11:04 PM
Pacers make playoffs with no Reggie? Did I miss out on something?

jermaine7fan
09-01-2005, 03:26 PM
You guys just don't see it coming... do you? I only saw one poster giving us any love... thanks 2 cents! We WILL be the best team in the East come June! I promise you that! You guys do not have a clue as to how much the Pacers players are focused on a trip to the Finals. If you are waiting for Ron to blowup... get you a snickers bar. Before you guys signed Finley and Van Exel... I thought you were the team with the best hopes of taking us down. These moves have only impounded that. Congradulations on your pick-ups. But you will have a very hard time pulling off two in a row. We are younger and hungrier. It will be an awsome Finals...

P.S. - your guys smilies are way better than ours
:fro :smokin :drunk :pctoss
Those are cool :lol

CaptainLate
09-01-2005, 04:04 PM
The Spurs are my fav west team. Why?Because Tim is from the Caribbean. I'm rejoicing with you with your great addition today. You just made your already smooth road to the NBA finals smoother,

Thanks...but then you blew it with your P.S. :lol

z0sa
09-01-2005, 04:18 PM
I really do think the Pacers will make it out of the east - but few teams are a match for this spurs squad.

jermaine7fan
09-02-2005, 02:00 AM
I really do think the Pacers will make it out of the east - but few teams are a match for this spurs squad.I would only give IND or DET the possibility of doing it. I believe MIA will be a huge flop this year. You guys really don't have anyone in the West that stands a chance of beating you. I think your toughest opponent out there could be Houston... but Denver and Pheonix could have good years too. You guys have the most classy organization in the league... I hope the Pacers can take some pages from your book this year. Good luck... we'll see ya in June :spin

romsey31
09-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks...but then you blew it with your P.S. :lol

Cant blame a brother for being honest.

TwoHandJam
09-02-2005, 08:47 AM
I would only give IND or DET the possibility of doing it. I believe MIA will be a huge flop this year. You guys really don't have anyone in the West that stands a chance of beating you. I think your toughest opponent out there could be Houston... but Denver and Pheonix could have good years too. You guys have the most classy organization in the league... I hope the Pacers can take some pages from your book this year. Good luck... we'll see ya in June :spinWelcome to the board jermaine7fan. I agree you guys have a great shot this year. Jasikevicius should prove an awesome backup and if you get anything from Granger, watch out. I still think Sac could surprise some in the west but Houston is definitely the WC team I've got my eye on.

Our team has a chance to do something special this year. If we stay healthy I really like our chances at a repeat. Finally.

jermaine7fan
09-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Welcome to the board jermaine7fan. I agree you guys have a great shot this year. Jasikevicius should prove an awesome backup and if you get anything from Granger, watch out. I still think Sac could surprise some in the west but Houston is definitely the WC team I've got my eye on.

Our team has a chance to do something special this year. If we stay healthy I really like our chances at a repeat. Finally.Thanks for the welcome. I have a question for you Spurs fans... related to Sarunas. I am kind of wanting to guage how long it might take Sarunas to adjust to the NBA game. How long did it take Ginobili to adjust well... did he struggle at all to begin with?

P.S. - You have a gem in Ginobili... I love to watch him on the court. He is an animal! He gives his all and can do just about anything you need him to. He was the best choice your team ever made in a draft! (not to belittle Duncan or anyone else - but wasn't Manu a second round pick - what a steal)

2centsworth
09-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I have a question for you Spurs fans... related to Sarunas. I am kind of wanting to guage how long it might take Sarunas to adjust to the NBA game. How long did it take Ginobili to adjust well... did he struggle at all to begin with?

P.S. - You have a gem in Ginobili... I love to watch him on the court. He is an animal! He gives his all and can do just about anything you need him to. He was the best choice your team ever made in a draft! (not to belittle Duncan or anyone else - but wasn't Manu a second round pick - what a steal)

Manu was in instant hit and played crunch time mintues his first year in the finals.

I like Sarunas, his cockiness and shooting will do your team good.

However, against the spurs I don't think your team can hit jumpshots at the pace needed to beat the Spurs 4-7 games. Plus, you don't have anyone who can beat them with penetration like Kobe used to. I'm not sure you guys have enough to get past Detroit either. You guys own Miami, so I wouldn't worry about them too much.

Good Luck!

ChumpDumper
09-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Damn our team so badass we got pre-preseason trolls.

mcdunk
09-02-2005, 03:06 PM
The Pacers will need serious luck to even make it to the ECF. They better make some offseason moves in the future in order to ever even dream about meeting the Spurs in the Finals.

2centsworth
09-02-2005, 03:16 PM
lol, freakin weird.

romsey31
09-02-2005, 03:56 PM
The Pacers will need serious luck to even make it to the ECF. They better make some offseason moves in the future in order to ever even dream about meeting the Spurs in the Finals.

Do you even follow the NBA?

jermaine7fan
09-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Hey... watch the name-calling!!! I hate trolls on our message board... I will be leaving this site soon if that is what you view me as. But I am not bashing your team or any of you so how am I a troll?

P.S. - Damn your a cocky one.

boutons
09-02-2005, 08:47 PM
"how am I a troll?"

you come to tell how great your team is, you're a fucking troll. plonk!

Kori Ellis
09-02-2005, 08:56 PM
That's not being a troll. A troll is someone who comes and just talks trash about the Spurs in a Spurs forum. This guy seems like a regular poster. Y'all need to simmer down.

hussker
09-02-2005, 08:58 PM

DUDE..You guys got your tickets already? Where are you guys sitting? I know you won't be too close to the floor in Detroit! They will not let you get there!

jermaine7fan
09-03-2005, 01:56 PM
DUDE..You guys got your tickets already? Where are you guys sitting? I know you won't be too close to the floor in Detroit! They will not let you get there!
16th row in Indiana... not Detrash.

ObiwanGinobili
09-03-2005, 03:31 PM
I'm not ready to pick Pacers out of the east just yet... the seaon hasn't even started.. I need ot see guys on the floor 1st. know what I mean?

But I do think that Pacers stand about the same chance as the Pistons or Heat.... ok.. more than the Heat.

BTW - good to have you romsey31... although I couldn't disagree more with your PS.:lol

2centsworth
09-03-2005, 03:40 PM
definition of internet troll:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
In the context of the Internet, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory messages intended to cause a disruption in discourse.

Tek_XX
09-03-2005, 03:56 PM
That's not being a troll. A troll is someone who comes and just talks trash about the Spurs in a Spurs forum. This guy seems like a regular poster. Y'all need to simmer down.

you forgot the "now"

As for the pacers, i'm glad to see that team whole again, maybe ya'll can cause some havoc out east, upset the current balance.

romsey31
09-04-2005, 08:51 AM
you forgot the "now"

As for the pacers, i'm glad to see that team whole again, maybe ya'll can cause some havoc out east, upset the current balance.

Guys my P.S was justa little teaser, nothing serious meant. Dont think that me and my buddy J7fan are trolls, we come in peace :). As for artestfactor hes another case by himself.

samikeyp
09-04-2005, 11:08 AM
J7 saved his trolling for the "Unbiased" thread. Romsey seems pretty cool though.

picnroll
09-04-2005, 11:12 AM
jermaine7fan for my part I say fuck it troll away. It's been a little boring around here since LakerGod commited suicide.

Instigator
09-04-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm not ready to pick Pacers out of the east just yet... the seaon hasn't even started.. I need ot see guys on the floor 1st. know what I mean?

But I do think that Pacers stand about the same chance as the Pistons or Heat.... ok.. more than the Heat.

BTW - good to have you romsey31... although I couldn't disagree more with your PS.:lol

well put. at this point there is no clear favorite out of the east. det and mia have as much of a chance as ind does. so far ind hasn't proven jack.

look at the west, who is going to beat the spurs and or who has really proven it. we just won the championship and added nve and fin. it's great to think you team is so good but remember we are the champs. wait till june to talk your shit.

jermaine7fan
09-04-2005, 04:28 PM
jermaine7fan for my part I say fuck it troll away. It's been a little boring around here since LakerGod commited suicide.How am I a fucking troll? Sure... I hype my own team a lot... but I have not once put your team down. I did not wish to get into a 60 post arguement over there... everyone was bashing my team and I stood up for them. It is a helluva lot calmer on this thread... and I have actually seen you all praising the Pacers on occasion over here. I am just standing up for my team... I did not start the fight over there yesterday.

Rummpd
09-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Pacers are my prediction many times to meet the Spurs in my columns on Hoopsworld this year and I know am very confident of my previous prediction = Spurs in 6

smeagol
09-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey... watch the name-calling!!! I hate trolls on our message board... I will be leaving this site soon if that is what you view me as. But I am not bashing your team or any of you so how am I a troll?

P.S. - Damn your a cocky one.
You are not a troll.

Dex
09-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Some people get a little testy around here when you don't completely worship the Spurs. They even freak out when we, as Spurs fans, criticize or say something that could be viewed/skewed as overly critical.

Don't let them bother you. Artest Factor may be a troll, but to me, you just seem like a guy who supports his team.

Reggie Miller
09-04-2005, 11:32 PM
The Pacers have a decent chance of coming out of the East, if only because the East is just a mess.

If you were watching the same Finals I did, the Pistons were always about one baby step away from a complete psychological meltdown. Larry Brown is gone. Rasheed Wallace's act will get old without a second ring. Like the Pacers, the Pistons cannot always score consistently when needed. I don't see the Pistons making it back.

Miami is an enigma. Miami is counting on a lot of underachieving nutcases to coalesce around Shaq. It might work. I kind of doubt it.

The Pacers have lost their cornerstone and team leader, but they have countered by making a flurry of creative offseason moves... Oh wait, they haven't done squat. My main concern is that Indy had discipline and focus problems WITH Miller. I don't see who the team leader is supposed to be now. O'Neal? Jackson? Artest?!?!?

IMHO, whoever represents the East doesn't matter. I think some people on this forum overrate the Spurs at times. However, the Spurs look to be the only balanced, properly constructed team going into this season. I see major holes in last year's playoff teams. So long as Duncan's ankles hold up, this should be a fun season for San Antonio fans.

SoupIsGood
09-05-2005, 01:26 AM
Another Pacer fan here. :)

ChumpDumper
09-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Welcome.

DesiSpur_21
09-05-2005, 01:45 AM
The Pacers have a decent chance of coming out of the East, if only because the East is just a mess.

If you were watching the same Finals I did, the Pistons were always about one baby step away from a complete psychological meltdown. Larry Brown is gone. Rasheed Wallace's act will get old without a second ring. Like the Pacers, the Pistons cannot always score consistently when needed. I don't see the Pistons making it back.

Miami is an enigma. Miami is counting on a lot of underachieving nutcases to coalesce around Shaq. It might work. I kind of doubt it.

The Pacers have lost their cornerstone and team leader, but they have countered by making a flurry of creative offseason moves... Oh wait, they haven't done squat. My main concern is that Indy had discipline and focus problems WITH Miller. I don't see who the team leader is supposed to be now. O'Neal? Jackson? Artest?!?!?

IMHO, whoever represents the East doesn't matter. I think some people on this forum overrate the Spurs at times. However, the Spurs look to be the only balanced, properly constructed team going into this season. I see major holes in last year's playoff teams. So long as Duncan's ankles hold up, this should be a fun season for San Antonio fans.

Well said. My guess is Pacers will come out of east. How they are gonna hold up entire season is a big concern and unless the season is over, you don't know what to expect of them. I am not underrating pistons, but they are not going to make it to ECF. Also, Miami just downgraded themselves.

BTW, Artest Factor is a troll.

jermaine7fan
09-05-2005, 04:33 PM

IMHO, whoever represents the East doesn't matter. I think some people on this forum overrate the Spurs at times. However, the Spurs look to be the only balanced, properly constructed team going into this season. I see major holes in last year's playoff teams. So long as Duncan's ankles hold up, this should be a fun season for San Antonio fans.We have upgraded from the team that took Detroit to six games:
Sarunas - signed
Granger - drafted
JO - healthy
Tinsley - healthy
Harrison - healthy and improving
Bender - (maybe) healthy
Artest - back
Croshere - Healthy
Freddy - healthy

Reggie will be missed in the hearts of fans and players alike... but he was hurting us in the playoffs last season... he could not contribute every night... even at the moments we needed him most. IMO a younger Stephen Jackson is an upgrade to the shell of Reggie we saw in the playoffs last year.

TheTruth
09-05-2005, 04:37 PM
These guys are trolls? Sounded like basketball fans to me.

jermaine7fan
09-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Thank you all for not viewing me as a troll... they are annoying on our board... I am here to discuss the NBA (mostly Spurs and Pacers)... I am a huge fan... and I love the Spurs... they embody everything that is good in the NBA. Your franchise should be looked up to by every NBA team in many respects. This is the only other board I post on outside of our Pacers forum.

TheTruth
09-05-2005, 04:47 PM
where the hell are all of these pacers fans coming from? what pacers forum do you guys use?

jermaine7fan
09-05-2005, 04:53 PM
where the hell are all of these pacers fans coming from? what pacers forum do you guys use?Romsey and I are from Indystar.com... please don't Troll over there though... we aren't doing it here. You are more than welcome to come over and discuss things with us though.

Reggie Miller
09-06-2005, 07:15 PM
This is the only basketball-specific forum that I ever post on.

I followed the ABA as a kid growing up in Indiana in the 70s. The Pacers and Spurs were my favorite teams back then, and they still are. (You couldn't root for the Kentucky Colonels if you lived in Indiana.) Dr. J. was one of my favorites, but I never got into the Nets. They played Indiana too much, I guess.

As I have mentioned in another recent thread, my dream Finals would have been the Pacers meeting the Spurs while Reggie and the Admiral were both still playing.

The 2005 Finals were such a rollercoaster that I had "post-Finals letdown," so I started posting here.

TOP-CHERRY
09-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Man... I remember when so many Spurs fans were making such a big deal about a potential Spurs vs. Pistons Finals matchup a few seasons ago... And how it would be amazing to watch.

It was. :tu

Yeah... That was very off-topic.

Nevermind.