PDA

View Full Version : Pistons: Andre Drummond is a stat passer

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Detroit Pistons' Andre Drummond admits he sometimes misses on purpose for easy rebound

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A reporter pointed out to Detroit Pistons center Andre Drummond late Tuesday that one of the most skillful offensive players at his position in NBA history, Moses Malone, was particularly adept at the purposeful miss.

One way for Drummond to improve his offensive game is to emulate the former Philadelphia 76ers great by missing shots in such a fashion that he can exploit his NBA-best offensive rebounding acumen.

Three times in the 109-86 win over Orlando, Drummond scored after rebounding his own misses, and at least a couple of those were purposely misdirected so he could corral a predictable carom.

Drummond admitted after a 17-point, 22-rebound night that if he finds himself with an awkward or difficult shot, but with an open lane to get a rebound, he might turn the tough shot into an easier one with what essentially is a pass to himself -- an intentional miss to the side of the rim.

"Yeah, I'd say sometimes I do," Drummond said, when asked if he indeed plots some misses directionally. "I'm not going to lie. I do sometimes. I know I can go get it and put it right back in."

The first objective is to score.

"Most of the time, I just try to finish the play," Drummond said.

When that doesn't work out, he sometimes can resort to his backup plan, depending on several factors, including the positioning of other players.

"I've got a quick second jump," he said.

Drummond shot 6 of 11 from the field against the Magic. All but one of his shots was within 2 feet of the basket, and he did not get the rebound on the 8-foot hook he missed.

Of Drummond's other four misses, he got three of the rebounds, resulting in a late-first-quarter putback to cut Orlando's lead to 21-20, a pair of free throws which he split to make it 55-49 in the third quarter, then a tip-in to make it 57-49.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Padder* fucking autocorrect

hater
01-02-2015, 04:05 PM
who?

Brunodf
01-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Just like Blair

lefty
01-02-2015, 04:31 PM
He is also a fake tough guy :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzpg2iN4erE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocwH6ggz-h0

Chuck Hayes is dat nigga, made Drummond shit on himself :lol

Cry Havoc
01-02-2015, 05:04 PM
My fantasy team thanks him.

UZER
01-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Isn't he still padding that Carly chick?

FkLA
01-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Thats not stat padding. Should he attempt a difficult shot, miss, and not go after the rebound instead?

Thread
01-02-2015, 07:14 PM
^Forget it, Fuck, Ooze is on the rag today.