PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Byron Scott's strategy on not to foul--Kobe disobeys and shows balls

sook
01-03-2015, 07:09 AM
You have the last possession , how many fucking time outs do you need? I tried making sense of Scott's rationale, but it still seems incredibly stupid. Time is number one as it is not on your side, timeouts (I think he had 2?) are a distant 2nd. You fucking foul in that instance. Classic case of idiot #1 telling idiot #2 to follow idiot instructions, and idiot #2 of course follows them perfectly. Have to give Kobe props here, you do whats best for your team.

LkrFan
01-03-2015, 08:18 AM
You have the last possession , how many fucking time outs do you need? I tried making sense of Scott's rationale, but it still seems incredibly stupid. Time is number one as it is not on your side, timeouts (I think he had 2?) are a distant 2nd. You fucking foul in that instance. Classic case of idiot #1 telling idiot #2 to follow idiot instructions, and idiot #2 of course follows them perfectly. Have to give Kobe props here, you do whats best for your team.

:downspin: this shiiiiiiiiiiit: http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400578780

:lmao

AchillesHeel
01-03-2015, 08:43 AM
Now I see why the Lakers went after Lin and Scott. They are just doing their job by trying to secure a top 5 pick, only .5 games behind Charlotte :toast

Thread
01-03-2015, 08:44 AM
Now I see why the Lakers went after Lin and Scott. They are just doing their job by trying to secure a top 5 pick, only .5 games behind Charlotte :toast

You'd know striking the template & all.

MultiTroll
01-03-2015, 10:24 AM
NO media is going to ask Scott WTF?

Thread
01-03-2015, 11:34 AM
^Please. They let Pop skate on his hen house ways. You got some fuckin' nerve.

Mr Bones
01-03-2015, 11:55 AM
That team is in complete disarray. Kobe's making a scene on the floor, essentially disrespecting Scott and Lin, and Lin, in the post game interview is literally laughing at Scott's strategy when asked why he didn't foul. Next year, Lin will be elsewhere, playing as a back up PG, which is where he belongs. You can't blame him for obeying Scott's order. Lin's actually unimportant here. The bigger story is Scott not having any real authority over an aging and frustrated Kobe. It's clear Lin doesn't care at this point and just wants to move on, just as so many of Kobe's other recent teammates have.

-21-
01-03-2015, 12:22 PM
I don't see how you can blame Lin here. In a post-game interview he said he asked Scott several times and Scott told him not to foul. Lin was laughing while he said that. He knew fouling was the right move. Had he fouled, everyone would be on him disobeying Scott's orders. Byron Scott is the coach not Kobe. As stupid as his decisions are, he is the one to follow. Props to Kobe for doing what was necessary but on another angle, his actions just showed he doesn't respect Scott and proves how bad a coach Scott is not having authority over Kobe. This is all about Scott and Kobe, not Lin.

Thread
01-03-2015, 12:39 PM
I don't see how you can blame Lin here. In a post-game interview he said he asked Scott several times and Scott told him not to foul. Lin was laughing while he said that. He knew fouling was the right move. Had he fouled, everyone would be on him disobeying Scott's orders. Byron Scott is the coach not Kobe. As stupid as his decisions are, he is the one to follow. Props to Kobe for doing what was necessary but on another angle, his actions just showed he doesn't respect Scott and proves how bad a coach Scott is not having authority over Kobe. This is all about Scott and Kobe, not Lin.

You covered your entire ass with that, -.

-21-
01-03-2015, 12:46 PM
You covered your entire ass with that, -.

Not enough people bash Byron Scott tbh.

Mr Bones
01-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Not that it matters much, but this is why Lin doesn't like playing in L.A. and will leave: the coach is telling him not to foul until 10 seconds remain on the clock and the team captain is screaming at him to foul with 13 seconds on the clock. Whatever he does, he's going to be in trouble, either with the coach, the fading former superstar, or the media. I don't see how anyone could blame Lin. He'll make a pretty good back up PG somewhere next year for a sensible salary, and that'll be the end of it.

leemajors
01-03-2015, 02:02 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--ROVdlRNA--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ygjuov0yrvdovnc7tbmv.gif

DMC
01-03-2015, 02:07 PM
No. Your coach is the captain of the ship. You don't disobey his orders right in front of the team just to try to salvage a meaningless RS win. If Kobe wants to be a coach, he needs to retire.

Splits
01-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Pretty good bbiq for a 13th pick who rode pine his first 3 years

Jeff Van Gundy
01-03-2015, 02:18 PM

I'm sorry, but I dont think lin shouldn't be idiot #2. He really didnt do anything wrong. Its the coaches job to tell the player to foul or not. Greg popovich got mad earlier this season at danny green for fouling late in the game when he specifically said NOT to foul. Cost the spurs a win with a chance to win by disobeying the coach.

Jeff Van Gundy
01-03-2015, 02:19 PM
bFFvShURQ5k

-21-
01-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Not that it matters much, but this is why Lin doesn't like playing in L.A. and will leave: the coach is telling him not to foul until 10 seconds remain on the clock and the team captain is screaming at him to foul with 13 seconds on the clock. Whatever he does, he's going to be in trouble, either with the coach, the fading former superstar, or the media. I don't see how anyone could blame Lin. He'll make a pretty good back up PG somewhere next year for a sensible salary, and that'll be the end of it.

Exactly. I'm surprised Byron Scott isn't being blamed for his bad coaching. You can say Kobe disobeyed Scott, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOEr7kiysrE

This all falls on the coach. He should be blamed.

Splits
01-03-2015, 02:39 PM
I'm sorry, but I dont think lin shouldn't be idiot #2. He really didnt do anything wrong. Its the coaches job to tell the player to foul or not. Greg popovich got mad earlier this season at danny green for fouling late in the game when he specifically said NOT to foul. Cost the spurs a win with a chance to win by disobeying the coach.

Totally different situation. Without a foul the Grizz can end the game without shooting. Tho I agree Rin isn't to blame.

DMC
01-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Anyone who thinks a player should override the coach's orders on the floor without permission to do so by the coach needs to have their head examined. Pop would bench anyone who did that, right then and there, if it was willful. Not sure Kobe knew the game plan, but I suspect Kobe had his own game plan and the tendency to raise idiots like Kobe up on a pedestal over their own coach permeates even this forum. Scott is a tool, no doubt, but he's the coach. The team will be in shambles if people openly ignore the coach.

Jeff Van Gundy
01-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Totally different situation. Without a foul the Grizz can end the game without shooting. Tho I agree Rin isn't to blame.

Doesn't matter if its totally different. We blame players nowadays for being uncoachable, now when they actually listen to coaches they are somehow idiots.

Splits
01-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Doesn't matter if its totally different. We blame players nowadays for being uncoachable, now when they actually listen to coaches they are somehow idiots.

Dont disagree, but 29/30 coaches in the league foul when within a possession and the shot clock off. He said it himself in the postgame interview he knew what was going on. Soldiers should follow orders unless they're criminal, and Scott's blatant tank order was criminal

Jeff Van Gundy
01-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Dont disagree, but 29/30 coaches in the league foul when within a possession and the shot clock off. He said it himself in the postgame interview he knew what was going on. Soldiers should follow orders unless they're criminal, and Scott's blatant tank order was criminal
Either way, both lin and kobe are not at fault in this situation. The one who should get the blame for all of this is byron scott. I don't know how this fucker took the nets to 2 straight finals way back when.

Thread
01-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Either way, both lin and kobe are not at fault in this situation. The one who should get the blame for all of this is byron scott. I don't know how this fucker took the nets to 2 straight finals way back when.

But, just thank Christ he did. I was never so happy to see a SOB (that imbecile Howard in FL. withstanding) as I was Scott.

DMC
01-03-2015, 03:22 PM

If you disagree with your coach you should say so during the timeout, or between games. This wasn't a crucial game. You don't violate player/coach protocol because you have a better idea.

DMC
01-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Byron Scott isn't at fault. Kobe is at fault. Rin is the PG who's defending the point, and he's following the orders of the head coach. Kobe doesn't get to just step in and usurp that because he feels like it. If Scott is an idiot, let his record reflect that. A coach has the power to fail if he makes bad decisions. If he's to be blamed, it should be by his superiors, not by his subordinates.

Splits
01-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Byron Scott isn't at fault. Kobe is at fault. Rin is the PG who's defending the point, and he's following the orders of the head coach. Kobe doesn't get to just step in and usurp that because he feels like it. If Scott is an idiot, let his record reflect that. A coach has the power to fail if he makes bad decisions. If he's to be blamed, it should be by his superiors, not by his subordinates.

:lol as if Kobe is subordinate to some hasbeen roleplayer who thinks he's a coach

pretty clear what's going on here. Management has given the internal tank order and Kirbs is not onboard. Can't blame him for that

Thread
01-03-2015, 03:31 PM
:lol as if Kobe is subordinate to some hasbeen roleplayer who thinks he's a coach

pretty clear what's going on here. Management has given the internal tank order and Kirbs is not onboard. Can't blame him for that

Only pussies & chickenshits tank.

DMC
01-03-2015, 03:34 PM

Scott is a shitty coach, no doubt, and was a role player, but he's the head coach of the Lakers. Kobe is the scapegoat for the tank. I've said so before, but his job is to do what he's told to do. He's paid a lot of money by the organization, not to win games, but to follow the coach's orders. Otherwise why not make Kobe a player coach?

DMC
01-03-2015, 03:35 PM

LkrFan
KillaKobe81
Lakers front office...

Tanking, all of them, and liking it.

sook
01-03-2015, 03:36 PM
No. Your coach is the captain of the ship. You don't disobey his orders right in front of the team just to try to salvage a meaningless RS win. If Kobe wants to be a coach, he needs to retire.

When you are led into battle by a moron deciding your fate, and you have more experienced when it comes to running a successful operation (aka Kobe), you do what you think is best there. Notice how Byron turned into a mouse and didn't say shit? Perfectly good indication of where things stand, if they want a coach people respect, they have the wrong guy.

sook
01-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Anyone who thinks a player should override the coach's orders on the floor without permission to do so by the coach needs to have their head examined. Pop would bench anyone who did that, right then and there, if it was willful. Not sure Kobe knew the game plan, but I suspect Kobe had his own game plan and the tendency to raise idiots like Kobe up on a pedestal over their own coach permeates even this forum. Scott is a tool, no doubt, but he's the coach. The team will be in shambles if people openly ignore the coach.
Byron Scott and Kobe in the same sentence. There are no absolutes, 99% of the time what you said is true. In this case, the lakers forfeit any chance they have of winning if they follow bonehead's strategy. If Pop didn't know wtf he was doing, you can bet your ass that players would do the same.

DMC
01-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Byron Scott and Kobe in the same sentence. There are no absolutes, 99% of the time what you said is true. In this case, the lakers forfeit any chance they have of winning if they follow bonehead's strategy. If Pop didn't know wtf he was doing, you can bet your ass that players would do the same.

I didn't see Tim come off the bench at the end of Game 6 a couple years back. That was a slightly bigger game.

DMC
01-03-2015, 03:43 PM
When you are led into battle by a moron deciding your fate, and you have more experienced when it comes to running a successful operation (aka Kobe), you do what you think is best there. Notice how Byron turned into a mouse and didn't say shit? Perfectly good indication of where things stand, if they want a coach people respect, they have the wrong guy.

They've had the wrong guy since Phil left. You cannot build respect for a coach when your star player checks himself in and out of the game at will. That's why X-Men type help is needed to get Kobe to the promised land.

sook
01-03-2015, 03:44 PM
I didn't see Tim come off the bench at the end of Game 6 a couple years back. That was a slightly bigger game.

It was, and Pop, the players, everybody knows he should have done different. The fact of the matter was, he had 4 rings and an all time winning % to back him up. No coach is perfect, you put your faith in the person that has the highest probability of being right. The lakers are in tank mode, and Kobe is obviously a competitor, I'm sure that might have been a tank strat., but when it comes down to winning which I'm sure is Kobe's #1 priority...he did what was best.

Thread
01-03-2015, 03:45 PM

But, I did see Amy Duncan high play that faggot right into the shitter.

sook
:downspin: this shiiiiiiiiiiit: http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400578780

:lmao

You really wanna go down that road? :lol

Btw, I'm giving props to your god , that alone should have you at my feet.

Thread
It was, and Pop, the players, everybody knows he should have done different. The fact of the matter was, he had 4 rings and an all time winning % to back him up. No coach is perfect, you put your faith in the person that has the highest probability of being right. The lakers are in tank mode, and Kobe is obviously a competitor, I'm sure that might have been a tank strat., but when it comes down to winning which I'm sure is Kobe's #1 priority...he did what was best.

sook
01-03-2015, 03:47 PM

Tell your boy Jimmy that.

Thread
01-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Tell your boy Jimmy that.

I just did.

DMC
01-03-2015, 03:50 PM
I just did.
You have your friend Kool starting threads hoping for tanking and you whistle and look the other way... then you lodge this facade of an objection when tank is mentioned by a non-Lakers fan.

DMC
01-03-2015, 03:55 PM

Now you're back tracking. Kobe's number 1 priority isn't winning. If it was he wouldn't undermine the coach to show he's alpha. Kobe's priority is to look like he's still a leader, still viable. Tim didn't shit on Pop after that debacle because Tim knows the player/coach relationship is more important than one game, even that one game. Kobe will shit on his coach in January for a meaningless game if it gets him media attention. Don't act like Kobe is trying to win games, he's not. He's trying to maintain his market share. Winning isn't just about that one game, but about what the Lakers franchise needs to become a winning franchise. Undermining the head coach in the middle of the season doesn't foster a winning mentality on the team. It shows that nothing has changed and Kobe is still a douchebag who is above the law.

Thread
01-03-2015, 03:57 PM
You have your friend Kool starting threads hoping for tanking and you whistle and look the other way... then you lodge this facade of an objection when tank is mentioned by a non-Lakers fan.

I make no differentiation:::Only pussies & chickenshits tankPERIOD

DMC
01-03-2015, 03:58 PM
I make no differentiation:::Only pussies & chickenshits tankPERIOD
You just cherry pick where and when to lodge that remark. That's chickenshit in itself.

koriwhat
01-03-2015, 04:36 PM
You just cherry pick where and when to lodge that remark. That's chickenshit in itself.

yeah but dmc.... he sets trends, whether they're the shittiest of trends or not, he's a trendsetter. fuckin' annoying ass old man thread and his regurgitated crap sayings.

Splits
01-03-2015, 04:42 PM
yeah but dmc.... he sets trends, whether they're the shittiest of trends or not, he's a trendsetter. fuckin' annoying ass old man thread and his regurgitated crap sayings.

Kobe:::5
TOSB Duncan:::5

Amy.

AMY I FUCKING SAID

Kool Bob Love
01-03-2015, 04:47 PM

You got some fuckin nerve.

Jeff Van Gundy
01-03-2015, 04:54 PM

100% disagree, if the coach cannot somehow tell that either the shotclock has turned off or its substantially close that you wont be able to get the ball back with enough time, you are doing a shitty job as coach and you deserve to get the blame. I don't like kobe for many reasons but his late foul should not be penalized in this situation when the coaches decision would have cost them the game

DMC
01-03-2015, 05:35 PM
100% disagree, if the coach cannot somehow tell that either the shotclock has turned off or its substantially close that you wont be able to get the ball back with enough time, you are doing a shitty job as coach and you deserve to get the blame. I don't like kobe for many reasons but his late foul should not be penalized in this situation when the coaches decision would have cost them the game

This isn't about the loss. It's about the decision to wait before fouling. That's Scott's call, not Kobe's. Does Kobe also have the right to change the defensive scheme, run zone if he decides? Can he decide who's going to be on the floor and when, decide minutes and all that? If the coach is making bad decisions with minutes, doesn't Kobe have the right to step in and overrule him?

The risk of being in the doghouse is on Kobe, so if he feels it's worth that risk, more power to him. However, there's no innate right for a player to ignore the coach's play calling and strategy just because said player feels superior to the coach. Show me a program where that's ever worked.

Splits
01-03-2015, 05:38 PM
This isn't about the loss. It's about the decision to wait before fouling. That's Scott's call, not Kobe's. Does Kobe also have the right to change the defensive scheme, run zone if he decides? Can he decide who's going to be on the floor and when, decide minutes and all that? If the coach is making bad decisions with minutes, doesn't Kobe have the right to step in and overrule him?

The risk of being in the doghouse is on Kobe, so if he feels it's worth that risk, more power to him. However, there's no innate right for a player to ignore the coach's play calling and strategy just because said player feels superior to the coach. Show me a program where that's ever worked.

Then why are you the only one singing that tune? All I hear from BS, Mitch, Fredo, and the bartender are crickets.

DMC
01-03-2015, 05:39 PM
Then why are you the only one singing that tune? All I hear from BS, Mitch, Fredo, and the bartender are crickets.

Because I am not speaking for the Lakers. What other person in the league would have carte blanche to say "fuck coach, do what I say"? Getting away with it doesn't make it right.

Splits
01-03-2015, 05:41 PM
Because I am not speaking for the Lakers. What other person in the league would have carte blanche to say "fuck coach, do what I say"? Getting away with it doesn't make it right.

Kobe is not just another "person in the league". He was the motherfucking 13th pick of the '97 draft. Get your shit together.

DMC
01-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Kobe is not just another "person in the league". He was the motherfucking 13th pick of the '97 draft. Get your shit together.
I know this and I have allowed Burt Ward of the NBA comes with entitlements.

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/4f56b07069beddb45200004f/kobe-bryant-mask.jpg

Splits
01-03-2015, 05:45 PM

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/4f56b07069beddb45200004f/kobe-bryant-mask.jpg

:lmao Scotty P takes exception to your analysis

LkrFan
01-03-2015, 05:53 PM
You really wanna go down that road? :lol

Btw, I'm giving props to your god , that alone should have you at my feet.

Ninja please. I'm a Laker Fan 1st and foremost. I route for Kobe because he IS a LakerPERIOD.

DMC
01-03-2015, 05:54 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--bIOsEQDo--/18j5bfzc4n8iujpg.jpg

LkrFan
01-03-2015, 05:58 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--bIOsEQDo--/18j5bfzc4n8iujpg.jpg

The Goods! :lmao

LkrFan
01-03-2015, 05:59 PM

^ Proof that he was Chocolate Batman to MVP Pau's Robin. :lol

DMC
01-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Robin was never taller than Batman

Chris
01-03-2015, 06:08 PM

Totally agree with everything you say, but Kobe runs that team. Scott is there to make it look official similar to Miss Elizabeth.

LkrFan
01-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Robin was never taller than Batman:lmao Tru dat! :lmao

FkLA
01-03-2015, 07:07 PM
In that situation I would disobey the coach. He'd look like a bigger joke if orders were followed and the Grizz just ran out the clock, if anything I'd be doing him a favor. I hate Kirby but he did the right thing tbh.

DMC
01-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Totally agree with everything you say, but Kobe runs that team. Scott is there to make it look official similar to Miss Elizabeth.

You're telling me what is. We all know what is. I am telling you what should be. If we are pointing fingers, we're looking to blame someone for not doing what they should have done.

DMC
01-03-2015, 07:22 PM
In that situation I would disobey the coach. He'd look like a bigger joke if orders were followed and the Grizz just ran out the clock, if anything I'd be doing him a favor. I hate Kirby but he did the right thing tbh.
He lost and made his coach and PG look like idiots in the process. Great job. Should lead to a title.

Thread
01-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Ninja please. I'm a Laker Fan 1st and foremost. I route for Kobe because he IS a LakerPERIOD.

Time for the Roll Call of Death, LF? Saturday nite is appropriate.

FkLA
01-03-2015, 07:35 PM
He lost and made his coach and PG look like idiots in the process. Great job. Should lead to a title.

He would've lost and Lin+Scott would've looked like even bigger idiots anyway.

LkrFan
01-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Time for the Roll Call of Death, LF? Saturday nite is appropriate.
What do you have in mind? :lol

DMC
01-03-2015, 08:11 PM
He would've lost and Lin+Scott would've looked like even bigger idiots anyway.
It's one thing to look like poor planners, quite another to look like you don't have any team chemistry or control of the team.

BoricuaCJA
01-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Byron is the coach and he is the one who is supposed to people what to do. Now was he right not to foul, imo no they would of lost with the time running out(Still had a chance if not for Kobe's foul). Kobe was right imo in going for the foul but given his history of not following the coaches gameplan, people are mad that he did that even though it was the correct thing to do.

I don't have no fault in what Kobe did on that play. It was the right move but he needs to learn to listen to his coach and trust his teammates. But You can't teach an old horse new tricks.

FkLA
01-03-2015, 09:10 PM
It's one thing to look like poor planners, quite another to look like you don't have any team chemistry or control of the team.

That's not a control thing. No competent coach would make that mistake, but hypothetically speaking...if they did Im sure they'd just admit to their obvious mistake instead of making it about chain of command.

Splits
01-03-2015, 09:12 PM
That's not a control thing. No competent coach would make that mistake, but hypothetically speaking...if they did Im sure they'd just admit to their obvious mistake instead of making it about chain of command.

Has BS commented on this? I haven't seen it if he has

Thread
01-03-2015, 09:23 PM
...why would he, nobody but "us" would ask him.

FkLA
01-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Has BS commented on this? I haven't seen it if he has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_6DM7xlc6g

:lol Apparently that incompetent retard wanted to wait till around the 10 second mark just for the hell of it. To me it just seems like a spin job since he realized how bad he would look if he stayed true to his original no foul strategy.

Splits
01-03-2015, 09:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_6DM7xlc6g

:lol Apparently that incompetent retard wanted to wait till around the 10 second mark just for the hell of it. To me it just seems like a spin job since he realized how bad he would look if he stayed true to his original no foul strategy.

:lmao what a fucking spin job. Why would you possibly want to shorten the clock if you're down? There is absolutely no rational explanation, I especially love how the media doesn't challenge that bullshit answer and asks about the non-flagrant call.

CitizenDwayne
01-03-2015, 09:59 PM
Say what you want about Kobe "showing balls", but this sends a horrible message to his younger teammates.

This is nothing to do with Kobe being an alpha or anything like that, it's Kobe being an asshole and a prima donna who no longer wants to operate within the team concept.

They would have lost either way imo, but you gotta go down as a unit. All Kobe's display could accomplish is to split the locker room in two, which is the last fucking thing that team needs at the moment.

Thread
01-03-2015, 10:06 PM
:lmao what a fucking spin job. Why would you possibly want to shorten the clock if you're down? There is absolutely no rational explanation, I especially love how the media doesn't challenge that bullshit answer and asks about the non-flagrant call.

Damn rights, Splits. Media was ordered out of NYC not to broach it.

FkLA
01-03-2015, 10:56 PM
Say what you want about Kobe "showing balls", but this sends a horrible message to his younger teammates.

This is nothing to do with Kobe being an alpha or anything like that, it's Kobe being an asshole and a prima donna who no longer wants to operate within the team concept.

They would have lost either way imo, but you gotta go down as a unit. All Kobe's display could accomplish is to split the locker room in two, which is the last fucking thing that team needs at the moment.

If you know something is wrong sitting back and letting your team go down like that doesn't make you a good teammate. It makes you a retard actually.

I'm all for shitting on Kirby but this is way fucking out there tbh.

DMC
01-03-2015, 11:08 PM
If you know something is wrong sitting back and letting your team go down like that doesn't make you a good teammate. It makes you a retard actually.

I'm all for shitting on Kirby but this is way fucking out there tbh.

No it's not. It's not lord of the fucking flies. It's a professional basketball game with a hired head coach and players who get paid to follow instructions. Those of you who don't see that either have never been leaders or never will be because you don't see the value of protocol over instant gratification.

FkLA
01-03-2015, 11:25 PM
Following protocol usually entails its for the betterment of the team. When it's so blatantly obvious that that isn't the case you do something about it. It's asinine to sit on your ass and let it happen when you can stop it.

100%duncan
01-03-2015, 11:32 PM
I hate kobe but i dont know how Anyone can trash him in this situation. Did the right thing. And yeah he disobeyed the coach but I wouldnt eat my shit if I was told to.

CitizenDwayne
01-04-2015, 12:55 AM
I hate kobe but i dont know how Anyone can trash him in this situation. Did the right thing. And yeah he disobeyed the coach but I wouldnt eat my shit if I was told to.

Because an ill-advised play in a professional basketball game is like eating human excrement.

DMC
01-04-2015, 12:57 AM
Because an ill-advised play in a professional basketball game is like eating human excrement.
And because I'll follow my coach's orders unless I have a better idea.

FkLA
01-04-2015, 01:26 AM
And because I'll follow my coach's orders unless I have a better idea.

:lol Quit being purposely obtuse. There's a huge difference b/w overriding an order that would doom the team and overriding one just for the hell of it.

DMC
01-04-2015, 01:35 AM
:lol Quit being purposely obtuse. There's a huge difference b/w overriding an order that would doom the team and overriding one just for the hell of it.

Either can undermine the coach, which Kobe couldn't care less about. And really, doom the team? Like what, to eternal hellfire?

FkLA
01-04-2015, 01:42 AM
Either can undermine the coach, which Kobe couldn't care less about. And really, doom the team? Like what, to eternal hellfire?

He probably couldn't care less about that, this just isn't a good example of it. Substitute whatever word you feel is appropriate, fact remains that the game would've been over when it didn't need to be.

DMC
01-04-2015, 01:58 AM
He probably couldn't care less about that, this just isn't a good example of it. Substitute whatever word you feel is appropriate, fact remains that the game would've been over when it didn't need to be.

What about coach/player roles do you not get? Do you think it's the player's responsibility to do everything in their power to win the game? If so, do you think each player should make their own decisions about what the best course of action should be? You're the one using hyperbole to defend Kobe's actions and not getting it that the coach makes those decisions, wrong or right. Coach says call a time out, you call one even if there's a wide open lane to the basket. Coach says dribble the clock out, you do that even if there's a wide open lane to the basket. Coach says feed the post, you do that even if the post player is Jeff Ayers.

So the game would have been over. They would have been 10-23 instead of possibly being 11-22, and the price of that attempt to salvage that game? Building mistrust in the team and Kobe putting himself above the coaching system, again.

FkLA
01-04-2015, 02:05 AM
Nah. You're wrong on this one.

sook
01-04-2015, 02:42 AM
Deems you're in the wrong here , breh.

We would each take turns to defecate on Kirby like that Blazer-poop GIF Splits always posts...but I just can't bring myself to it on this one.

Thread
01-04-2015, 03:00 AM
^I'm with Fuck & Sookeyaki on this one, D.

You're wrong.

Splits
01-04-2015, 03:03 AM
Deems you're in the wrong here , breh.

We would each take turns to defecate on Kirby like that Blazer-poop GIF Splits always posts...but I just can't bring myself to it on this one.

That's not my shit

100%duncan
01-04-2015, 08:42 AM
How can someone defend Scott in this situation? Makes me question their basketball iq tbh.

RsxPiimp
01-04-2015, 09:34 AM
What about coach/player roles do you not get? Do you think it's the player's responsibility to do everything in their power to win the game? If so, do you think each player should make their own decisions about what the best course of action should be? You're the one using hyperbole to defend Kobe's actions and not getting it that the coach makes those decisions, wrong or right. Coach says call a time out, you call one even if there's a wide open lane to the basket. Coach says dribble the clock out, you do that even if there's a wide open lane to the basket. Coach says feed the post, you do that even if the post player is Jeff Ayers.

Honestly, with takes like this, I now have zero doubts you're a moron.

Koolaid_Man
01-04-2015, 12:27 PM

:lmao your funniest moment yet.... let me keep it going....if coach says commit a back-court violation, or purposely foul your opponent under 2 mins, or commit a flagrant 1-2 foul, or commit a clear path foul then you should clearly follow the commands of the coach....I tried to tell yall that DMC and Midnight_Pulp have Kobe Derangement Syndrome :lol

DMC
01-04-2015, 02:16 PM
I'm not defending Scott. He doesn't need to be defended. I am defending the role separation between coach and player. It's one thing had Scott neglected to tell the team to foul, but he told them to not foul. That's not negligent, it's intentional. For whatever reason, the coach didn't want to foul at that moment, but Kobe did, so instead of Kobe addressing the coach he made Lin look like an idiot with his typical "you guys are idiots, I'm a hero" type move. He threw his teammate under the bus. I believe Scott was going to call for the foul eventually, don't know why he was waiting. Parsimony suggests he needs to keep the bottom 5 in view, that a win could actually be a loss in that regard. From that perspective I can see the difference between a player's job and a coach's job, tanking is real and everyone here knows it. It's possible that Scott just wanted tighter control over the clock, and Kobe didn't care.

My question though is why no one else on the team initiated the foul, why Kobe? Had I told everyone here that "someone else on the team ran up and fouled the guy even though the coach said wait" you'd all know it was Kobe. That says something and it's not "I want to win". Don't let your hate for Byron Scott cloud your judgement on the role of the head coach. Fire the guy if he's a tool, but at some point the coach has to have the reins.

DMC
01-04-2015, 02:18 PM
You're the one dressed in Spurs gear rooting for the Lakers.

DMC
01-04-2015, 02:19 PM
:lmao your funniest moment yet.... let me keep it going....if coach says commit a back-court violation, or purposely foul your opponent under 2 mins, or commit a flagrant 1-2 foul, or commit a clear path foul then you should clearly follow the commands of the coach....I tried to tell yall that DMC and Midnight_Pulp have Kobe Derangement Syndrome :lol

Or sweep the leg

DMC
01-04-2015, 02:20 PM
^I'm with Fuck & Sookeyaki on this one, D.

You're wrong.
Your opinion on basketball related things is worthless. You only do scoreboarding and trends.

Thread
01-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Your opinion on basketball related things is worthless. You only do scoreboarding and trends.

You are just jealous of me.

DMC
01-04-2015, 03:24 PM
You are just jealous of me.

Yeah, I wish I could watch the same movie every day and be surprised by the ending.