PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Rondo admits Mavs the free agency favorite but 'wouldn't say it's closed'

LkrFan
01-03-2015, 08:30 PM
Dallas Mavericks did not acquire Rajon Rondo from the Boston Celtics with an assurance that the impending unrestricted free agent would resign with the club this summer.

While the Mavericks have expressed confidence in their ability to retain Rondo, the point guard said Thursday that he hasn't given free agency much thought yet. When he gets around to it, there's still thinking to do, even if Dallas does have an obvious edge thanks to the collective bargaining agreement.

As Rondo told Sam Amick of USA TODAY Sports:

My focus has been basketball, basketball, basketball, not necessarily being a free agent. I mean obviously I think (the Mavericks will) have the upside (in free agency). I wouldn't say it's wide open (in terms of considering other teams), but I wouldn't say it's closed (solely to the Mavericks) either because obviously they are the team that came and got me and from Day One they've been very loyal and very supportive in this transition for me.

LINK: http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/672218

Any Mav Fags care to :downspin: this shiiiiiiiiiiit? :lol

Thread
01-03-2015, 08:34 PM
He's heartless that-a-way. But, what does one expect when he confessed to quitting on the Celtics earlier in the week. Couldn't just keep his mouth shut. No, had to shove the shit in Ainge's face. I hate Ainge just as much as the next guy, but, that's just mean.

Franklin
01-03-2015, 10:10 PM
whether he leaves or not, i'm pretty sure Dallas will NEVER orchestrate a city-scale movement to "stay" him tbh.

Thread
01-03-2015, 10:13 PM
...who'd a predicted we'd a initiated such a city-scale movement? Nobody, that's who. Anything is possible.

dirk4mvp
01-03-2015, 10:26 PM
...who'd a predicted we'd a initiated such a city-scale movement? Nobody, that's who. Anything is possible.

Ispo facto:::

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/stay-d12-628x367.jpg

Bulaien999
01-03-2015, 11:06 PM

Keep your head up Cub, for we can only hope Mavs take cues from the Lakers organization

Thread
01-03-2015, 11:07 PM
Ispo facto:::

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/stay-d12-628x367.jpg

Ya think? Use your fucking head, man.

dirk4mvp
01-03-2015, 11:10 PM
Ya think? Use your fucking head, man.

Would suck if Rondo gets out of town ASAP because of Dirk tbh

Thread
01-04-2015, 12:30 AM
Would suck if Rondo gets out of town ASAP because of Dirk tbh

True, the line of assholes to take his place is inexhaustible.

SPM
01-04-2015, 03:21 PM
He's not leaving Dallas.

Chris
01-04-2015, 04:35 PM
:lol Cuban

DMC
01-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Can't compare Lakers ownership to Mavs ownership. Jerry was a self made man, but Jim was born wealthy. Cubes is self made, so he's not going to do stupid shit like Jim does.

Thread
01-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Can't compare Lakers ownership to Mavs ownership. Jerry was a self made man, but Jim was born wealthy. Cubes is self made, so he's not going to do stupid shit like Jim does.

Refusing to defend his NBA Title was, on a level quite stupid.

Franklin
01-04-2015, 08:58 PM
I don't think we will give him the max, maybe 10m/yr would be the most we can offer him imho, and it's possible that some shitty team with massive cap space would max him out. Especially if he wins a ring with us this season, he'd get overpaid by some stupid franchise, but not by Dallas definitely. Just like DMC said, Cuban is a self-made man he would never pay more than 20m/yr for someone who passes the ball a lot but can't shoot (or vice versa), only the Lakers would do so.