PDA

View Full Version : Is Tony Parker still the best PG on the Spurs' roster, tbh?

Malik Hairston
01-04-2015, 12:55 AM
With Patty coming off a great Finals performance and Joseph seemingly emerging, is Tony Parker still the best PG on the roster, tbh? Is he even in the top 2?

Should the Spurs act like the Patriots and move him before the rest of the league notices he isn't worth his contract?

apalisoc_9
01-04-2015, 12:58 AM
Former, IMO.

Tony is fine so long as he plays within the offensive flow, and when he does, he still is at least a the 2nd best PG...

He never does though. And with him losing speed, he is only going to be detrimental to the team.

Perry Mason
01-04-2015, 12:58 AM
Stop being a troll. It brings down the forum (if that is even possible).

Chris
01-04-2015, 12:59 AM
Props for going all the way with this schtick :lol

Malik Hairston
01-04-2015, 01:02 AM
Joseph's metrics destroy Parker's, so far, and the "competition and lineups" excuse isn't valid since he is playing with and against starters..

A 32-year old PG with a ton of mileage and can't stay healthy..it's very possible and likely that Parker is on the Josh Smith path, tbh..

Sean Cagney
01-04-2015, 01:06 AM

^^^^^^^^ THIS.

Robz4000
01-04-2015, 01:10 AM
Lets see how Tony looks over the course of this month. If he keeps sucking I'd be all for moving him if the return is nice.

look_at_g_shred
01-04-2015, 01:12 AM
Spurs will NEVER trade parker.

Brunodf
01-04-2015, 01:14 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/GregariousThankfulDungbeetle.gif

Hoops Czar
01-04-2015, 01:17 AM
No. Manu is the best point guard on the team and it isn't even close.

Splits
01-04-2015, 01:27 AM
Just stop, it's not funny anymore

Ditty
01-04-2015, 01:32 AM

I've always been a fan of your basketball takes Harlem, but I got to agree with the GNSF

FireMicoHalili
01-04-2015, 01:34 AM
With Patty coming off a great Finals performance and Joseph seemingly emerging, is Tony Parker still the best PG on the roster, tbh? Is he even in the top 2?

Should the Spurs act like the Patriots and move him before the rest of the league notices he isn't worth his contract?
Nope, after today's game Tony is right behind Mills and Joseph. Last year Daye was the best SF on the roster after one good game.

Malik Hairston
01-04-2015, 01:42 AM
Nope, after today's game Tony is right behind Mills and Joseph. Last year Daye was the best SF on the roster after one good game.

Ya because this is based on a single game, rather than the entire season and last year's playoffs like I said in the OP:lol ..Jesus, some of these posters are too much, tbh..

scanry
01-04-2015, 01:43 AM
Even if Tony shits the bed for the rest of the year, Pop will pull the class/family card tbh.

Splits
01-04-2015, 01:48 AM
Harlem, this is stupid. Just stop it. You've been warned

ElNono
01-04-2015, 01:53 AM
Spurs can't move Tony until January 31st anyways... but it's questionable they would be able to find a suitor considering the albatross deal they just handed to him (plus Isiah Thomas is no longer a GM)... there is precedence for moving 'beloved' Spurs: Bowen when it was clear he lost a step or Malik Rose after handing him a thank you contract (perhaps closer to this situation). All that said, I still think it's unlikely that the Spurs would part ways with him.

The whole situation is actually kinda tricky. The Spurs commited to Tony and Patty over the summer, but Cojo is due for a contract in the offseason and with his stock rising, it might end up being difficult to keep him unless some sort of move is made...

FireMicoHalili
01-04-2015, 02:27 AM
Ya because this is based on a single game, rather than the entire season and last year's playoffs like I said in the OP:lol ..Jesus, some of these posters are too much, tbh..
Ya because you asked after a solid game from both back-up PGs. Why was this not asked three games ago? Why was this not asked after last year's championship? Why not save this question until after the season, as every reasonable and sensible fan would? What do you mean by 'best'? What are your parameters?

SupremeGuy
01-04-2015, 02:28 AM
It'd be interesting to see how the team would play right now with a healthy Kawhi and CoJo running point.

Splits
01-04-2015, 02:49 AM
Ya because you asked after a solid game from both back-up PGs. Why was this not asked three games ago? Why was this not asked after last year's championship? Why not save this question until after the season, as every reasonable and sensible fan would? What do you mean by 'best'? What are your parameters?

:lmao trapped by obvious troll

FireMicoHalili
01-04-2015, 03:12 AM
nah man nothing wrong with asking for informed opinions around here. Doesn't seem like there are a lot.

Splits
01-04-2015, 03:18 AM
nah man nothing wrong with asking for informed opinions around here. Doesn't seem like there are a lot.

Dude, you're getting trolled

FireMicoHalili
01-04-2015, 03:19 AM

Cry Havoc
01-04-2015, 04:35 AM

Cane
01-04-2015, 10:49 AM
tbh, lol heat fan

Raven
01-04-2015, 11:45 AM
honestly, i don't know anymore.. if we could trade parker for monroe and keep cojo for 5M, that would be a very strong young core onto which you could think playoffs right away.. i'm not sure keeping parker when we won't be competing, makes any sense after this season..

cjw
01-04-2015, 11:50 AM
honestly, i don't know anymore.. if we could trade parker for monroe and keep cojo for 5M, that would be a very strong young core onto which you could think playoffs right away.. i'm not sure keeping parker when we won't be competing, makes any sense after this season..

I think that ship likely has sailed now that Smith is gone in Detroit. I think part of the reasoning there was to send Monroe a message that a big deal was there for the taking - he probably signed the qualifying offer because he saw the logjam ahead of him with Smith.

Raven
01-04-2015, 11:55 AM
I think that ship likely has sailed now that Smith is gone in Detroit. I think part of the reasoning there was to send Monroe a message that a big deal was there for the taking - he probably signed the qualifying offer because he saw the logjam ahead of him with Smith.

sure, but even with just drummond, he isn't a perfect fit with him. Then again, it would be a three way deal, sign and trade monroe to spurs, trade parker to a contender and detroit would get some other kind of compensation.. entirely doable imo, still doubtful it happens, and anyway i meant after the season, surely we keep our players this season.

Mr Bones
01-04-2015, 12:21 PM

sure, but even with just drummond, he isn't a perfect fit with him. Then again, it would be a three way deal, sign and trade monroe to spurs, trade parker to a contender and detroit would get some other kind of compensation.. entirely doable imo, still doubtful it happens, and anyway i meant after the season, surely we keep our players this season.

The problem for Monroe is that he's an average defender as a center, and terrible as a PF. So even though they unloaded Smith, I could still see Monroe leaving as a free agent. I'm sure he'd love to stay in the post and have a PF beside him who can defend Stretch 4s-- his weakness.

Raven
01-04-2015, 12:36 PM
The problem for Monroe is that he's an average defender as a center, and terrible as a PF. So even though they unloaded Smith, I could still see Monroe leaving as a free agent. I'm sure he'd love to stay in the post and have a PF beside him who can defend Stretch 4s-- his weakness.

the problem with monroe is that his wingspan combined with his vertical if i remember correctly, is not good enough for considering him a legit defensive center prospect. However, with tiago and diaw, i can totally see him perfectly good by just guarding his man, defend the pnr and crashing the boards. Not much of weak side blocking for sure, but with kawhi, green, cojo and tiago, not much is needed.

Mr Bones
01-04-2015, 12:47 PM
the problem with monroe is that his wingspan combined with his vertical if i remember correctly, is not good enough for considering him a legit defensive center prospect. However, with tiago and diaw, i can totally see him perfectly good by just guarding his man, defend the pnr and crashing the boards. Not much of weak side blocking for sure, but with kawhi, green, cojo and tiago, not much is needed.

Monroe reminds me too much of Brook Lopez or Al Jefferson-- good numbers, points, little defense, lots of losses. If he was a sleeper and could be signed for ~$7 mil, it'd be one thing, but his price will be too high I think.

timtonymanu
01-04-2015, 01:51 PM
This forum is so sensitive. :lol

Budkin
01-04-2015, 02:10 PM
When he's healthy it's no contest.

EVAY
01-04-2015, 02:19 PM
When he's healthy it's no contest.

when he's healthy he is really the ONLY real pg. The other two are better suited to other roles.

Actually, I agree with whoever it was who said that Manu is actually the best pg on the team, but he is not a pg and doesn't want to be one. Cory is more of a pg than Patty, but Cory is not as quick or as talented a shooter as Patty.

If someone could combine Parker's fearlessness in the paint and superior ability to run the Spurs' offense, Patty's energy and quick-release three point shot, and Cory's sheer determination, you could probably create a league MVP.

We lucky Spurs fans just have to accept having the characteristics spread among three players, and be thankful they are all on our team.

Pauleta14
01-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Cool, another thread to bump in spring...

elemento
01-04-2015, 03:46 PM
He is the only true PG on the Spurs roster tbh

I've always praised Cojo since day 1, but he is a combo guard better suited to come off the bench.

Mills is a really a 6 footer SG.

EVAY
01-04-2015, 04:12 PM
He is the only true PG on the Spurs roster tbh

I've always praised Cojo since day 1, but he is a combo guard better suited to come off the bench.

Mills is a really a 6 footer SG.

Pretty much says it.

Tuddy
01-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Mills is not a point guard. The majority of the time the ball is in Ginobili's hands in the half court

benstanfield
01-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Tony is the worst if not tied for the worst PG defensively.

On offense, he has to be at 100% effectiveness, which I've seen maybe once or twice this year, to add more to the offense than does the spacing Mills provides. Game 5 Mills is without question the best player at the 1 spot on offense that we have.

Boxscoregeeks agrees with me about Patty FWIW

le13
01-04-2015, 05:54 PM
This forum is a joke... Tbh

Run by 10 years old kids trolling all the way down..

Kori,,Timvp, Bruno, myself and few others are just missing the old time where intelligence and BB IQ were a high standard for the greatest nba forum never made for a team.

Now it became th worst.... What a pity...

Malik Hairston
01-04-2015, 05:54 PM
^^ What's funny and ironic is that none of the pro-Parker posters have actually presented an argument in his favor, tbh:lol..they never really do..

Reputation and resume only takes you so far..Father Time isn't kind, tbh..

le13
01-04-2015, 06:06 PM
^^ What's funny and ironic is that none of the pro-Parker posters have actually presented an argument in his favor, tbh:lol..they never really do..

One thing that your parents should have taught you before anything is RESPECT. Saying that TP, Manu or others players just are shit, is a total disrespect for what they have accomplished so far and still. The regular season just started and you are already spitting on some players. Most of the actual NBA teams will love to have these players but you seem to believe with complete nonsense stats that these players are making it bad. So not based on resume or reputation, just imagine the actual Spurs with these 5 starters (Tiago, cojo, kwany, green, Baynes)and bench with Diaw, mills, Anderson.... Around the 11 seed somewhere like that....

And by the way, if you already have listened to Pop, this team success is about chemistry, a fine mix with old and new players.. It is not about a star, even Timmy is saying it since 11 years now.. It just mean that you do not understand a shit about what the Spurs are!!!

Malik Hairston
01-04-2015, 06:10 PM
:lol what? I never said Tony Parker was "shit"..I said he's an above average player, which is a compliment IMO..

I also always praise his career, he was a monster in 2012-2013, one of the great individual runs for a PG..

I'm not a player-fan, though, unlike so many of you..I put the Spurs first, and I recognize when a player is on the decline, even a top-10 all-time Spur like Parker..

Galileo
01-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Nando is the best!!!!!

:lmao

le13
01-04-2015, 06:25 PM
:lol what? I never said Tony Parker was "shit"..I said he's an above average player, which is a compliment IMO..

I also always praise his career, he was a monster in 2012-2013, one of the great individual runs for a PG..

I'm not a player-fan, though, unlike so many of you..I put the Spurs first, and I recognize when a player is on the decline, even a top-10 all-time Spur like Parker..

But lol!!!!! How can you say that you are a real Spurs fan. I cannot imagine what guys like you will have said 2 to 4 years ago when Timmy was having knees and weight problems, when Manu was completely washed and tony not able to run the team. 7 years after their last championship they made it again in 2014, 7 YEARS after the last one. And YOU can say when a player is in decline or not??? What a joke! You really did not learn anything about the past. And by the way, do not get me wrong, I am not a pro TP fan, I just cheer all the Spurs players and I feel so lucky to be a fan for this team since 15 years that still have such a success. Just look around you in others nba teams forum, they are all supporting their players even if sometimes their team or players sucks but they are all looking at the Spurs organization and team as the best one in the last decade and still continue...

Malik Hairston
01-04-2015, 06:33 PM
But lol!!!!! How can you say that you are a real Spurs fan. I cannot imagine what guys like you will have said 2 to 4 years ago when Timmy was having knees and weight problems, when Manu was completely washed and tony not able to run the team. 7 years after their last championship they made it again in 2014, 7 YEARS after the last one. And YOU can say when a player is in decline or not??? What a joke! You really did not learn anything about the past. And by the way, do not get me wrong, I am not a pro TP fan, I just cheer all the Spurs players and I feel so lucky to be a fan for this team since 15 years that still have such a success. Just look around you in others nba teams forum, they are all supporting their players even if sometimes their team or players sucks but they are all looking at the Spurs organization and team as the best one in the last decade and still continue...

But this thread isn't disrespecting Tony Parker..if anything, it's showing love to Patty Mills and Cory Joseph, 2 other Spurs..

Why am I supposed to support TP and his decline, but not show support to Patty and Joseph?

Juggity
01-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Considering the fact that he remains the only spur who can consistently run the spurs offense with his 13 years of experience (do y'all seriously want to roll the dice on Cojo, Patty, and Manu at PG? They're great backups, but none of them are actual point guards), and considering his loyalty to the franchise (taking a deep discount to resign in SA several times and the fact that he wishes to retire with the franchise), and considering the depth the spurs have at PG with Parker/Cojo/Patty (but lack without Parker), and considering that the spurs are in "win-now" mode for what may be Manu and TD's last season, I'm not sure how anyone could seriously argue for trading Parker for scraps. His value might be lower now than it was in the past, but he's still extremely valuable, particularly when you consider his discount contract. Certainly, he's more valuable to the spurs right now than any potential asset they might gain by trading him. All I can say is I'm glad RC and Pop are running the franchise and not spurstalk :lol.

benstanfield
01-04-2015, 06:39 PM
:lol Lot of sore butts in this thread

I still think starting Parker and bringing Mills off the bench is best tbh, as Cojo and Mills are still mostly one dimensional.

but if you're doing legit offense-defense substitutions at the end of a game :lol Parker

And even if he's marginally better on both ends that Mills/Cojo his c:lolntract is terrible for us :downspin::downspin:

xtremesteven33
01-04-2015, 06:56 PM
Trading Parker would be a terrible panic trade. Only player I would trade him straight up for would be D-Lil. Parker is overrated in terms that the system and players hes played with have hid many of his basketball flaws. Ive always wanted to trade Parker but hes been here way too long, knows way too much and is still young enough to give him the benefit of the doubt he can still be great.

apalisoc_9
01-04-2015, 07:01 PM
One thing that your parents should have taught you before anything is RESPECT. Saying that TP, Manu or others players just are shit, is a total disrespect for what they have accomplished so far and still. The regular season just started and you are already spitting on some players. Most of the actual NBA teams will love to have these players but you seem to believe with complete nonsense stats that these players are making it bad. So not based on resume or reputation, just imagine the actual Spurs with these 5 starters (Tiago, cojo, kwany, green, Baynes)and bench with Diaw, mills, Anderson.... Around the 11 seed somewhere like that....

And by the way, if you already have listened to Pop, this team success is about chemistry, a fine mix with old and new players.. It is not about a star, even Timmy is saying it since 11 years now.. It just mean that you do not understand a shit about what the Spurs are!!!

mainstream big 3 spurs fans

:lol

Mugen
01-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Spurs wouldn't be able to get much for TP tbh. Boston's haul for Rondo was underwhelming and Rondo is 4years younger albeit coming off major injuries.

ElNono
01-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Unfortunately, for PGs where their main advantage is speed, the writing is always on the wall. He can still be good for 15-16 ppg though, especially if we're playing against a team without shot blockers (70% of the league during the regular season)...

It even looked like he was transforming his game early this season with the 3 point shot, so it sucks that after a full summer of rest he still can't suit up... the Spurs will wait him out and hopefully we can have the better version of Parker when he comes back...

ElNono
01-04-2015, 07:38 PM
But this thread isn't disrespecting Tony Parker..if anything, it's showing love to Patty Mills and Cory Joseph, 2 other Spurs..

Why am I supposed to support TP and his decline, but not show support to Patty and Joseph?

Are you concerned that TP's return might stunt Corey's development, tbh? Would that be a legit concern?

Mel_13
01-04-2015, 07:53 PM
Are you concerned that TP's return might stunt Corey's development, tbh? Would that be a legit concern?

Kickin' that French poodle while he's down.

ElNono
01-04-2015, 08:17 PM

100%duncan
01-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Individually and when all three are healthy, the obvious answer is Parker. But with the system NOW, I repeat NOW and not 2-5 years before, it's really pushing me to say that Mills is the best one for us.

Galileo
01-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Nando the Commando!!!

Chinook
01-04-2015, 09:53 PM
People in this thread are being silly with this respect talk.

Parker should have a decent amount of value because he's on a long-term cheap deal.

Malik Hairston
01-04-2015, 10:45 PM

It won't matter if Tony returns healthy and playing at a high level, tbh, let's hope Father Time is in a coma for 6 months..

apalisoc_9
01-04-2015, 10:49 PM
People in this thread are being silly with this respect talk.

Parker should have a decent amount of value because he's on a long-term cheap deal.

STFU..

They are the big 3. Have some respect.

:flipoff

pgardn
01-04-2015, 11:36 PM
If Parker is not the best PG on the team, there will be no chance at back to back.

Malik Hairston
01-04-2015, 11:45 PM
Parker in the 2014 playoffs:

#7 in the rotation in PER
#8 in the rotation in WS
#8 in the rotation in TS%
#8 in the rotation in on/off metrics

Close-out games:

Portland Game 5: 0 points, 0 assists, 1 turnover, +/- of 0, Spurs win by 22
OKC Game 6: 8 points, 0 assists, 2 turnovers, +/- of -11, Spurs win by 5
Miami game 5: 16 points on 18 shots, 2 assists, +/- of +2, Spurs win by 17

Meh, tbh..

Johnny RIngo
01-04-2015, 11:50 PM

#8 in the rotation in WS

Close-out games:

Meh, tbh..

"but...but...but he led the team in point per game in the playoffs!"

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-04-2015, 11:50 PM
he isn't.

funny seeing all the enrique fans be so defensive though.

Johnny RIngo
01-04-2015, 11:54 PM
Cool, another thread to bump in spring...

In spring?

Summer is probably a better time. TP will most likely be statpadding against unathletic Euros and their shit defenses to vent off his frustration after another disappointing playoff run with the Spurs. TP loves playing in those meaningless international tournaments - it's the only chance he has to still look like a top tier point guard.

Malik Hairston
01-04-2015, 11:56 PM
In spring?

Summer is probably a better time. TP will most likely be statpadding against unathletic Euros and their shit defenses to vent off his frustration after another disappointing playoff run with the Spurs. TP loves playing in those meaningless international tournaments - it's the only chance he has to still look like a top tier point guard.

:lol..

ElNono
01-05-2015, 12:00 AM
TP has shown leadership though. Pop himself said it: "you didn't score 30, but you've shown great leadership". It was a teaching moment for Enrique: now that you can't outrun your opponent, pass the damn ball. It doesn't matter who gets the credit as long as we win.

And ultimately it's true... it doesn't matter if he didn't have a good playoff run, what matters is that he did his part to earn #5...

apalisoc_9
01-05-2015, 12:29 AM
In spring?

lefty
01-05-2015, 12:34 AM

He's never been our best PG tbh

100%duncan
01-05-2015, 01:35 AM
If Parker is not the best PG on the team, there will be no chance at back to back.

He wasn't the best pg on the team last season.

-21-
01-05-2015, 01:42 AM
http://thatnbalotterypick.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/783185030.gif

Mr Bones
01-05-2015, 02:41 AM
I think it's essential for Tony to become a steady three point threat as he enters the next few seasons. Quick point guards are more prone to declining as they age-- it's inevitable. Tony's jump shot and free throw percentages have improved dramatically as he's gotten older and it just makes sense for him to use the three point shot as a weapon. All the signs point to him being capable of shooting a good percentage-- his mid range shot is very good, and his free throw shooting the last three years has been the best of his career. There's no reason to think he wouldn't be able to consistently shoot 36-38% from the three point line (and that's about Manu's career average) while increasing the number of attempts to at least twice his career average of 1.4 per game.

Calispursfan11
01-05-2015, 02:53 AM
You guys are hilarious. When healthy and motivated, TP is still the best. This is a stupid thread. Role players Mills and Cojo might be able to do some things and put up good efficiency in limited minutes but they aren't leaders as was suggested earlier and they can't perform at TP's level in the playoffs. If you count Manu as a PG then, ok. He's a better playmaker than Tony, but when on, TP can go off for 30 on efficient shooting any given night. He's still one of our top guys - not as valuable as Kawhi or Timmy but at least 3rd or fourth best still.

Brazil
01-05-2015, 06:53 AM

So far this season, if you compare the 21 games played by Parker yes CJ has better metrics... As I said in another thread, again so far Parker has a terrible season by his own standards. Not sure why you bring Mills in this discussion, he has played two games... shhh

this is why you are full of shit tbh... plenty of arguments have been presented, you just don't bother reading them... not fitting your agenda. Saying that and again on these 21 games, yes Parker sucks

In what world saying Parker is an above average player is a compliment... you do believe people are that dumb ? Parker has been on the decline plenty of time already cf the What ails Parker thread before 12-13 season for instance.

There is no way we can conclude dude is on the decline yet.

Another example of you being phony... if you want to praise CJ and Patty, create a thread about CJ and Patty instead of is Parker the best PG of the roster ?

At one point same bunch of trolls were jeezing themselves on George Hill being a better PG than Parker, we saw where it ended.

As a conclusion, like Manu, Parker has deserved all the benefit of the doubts possible.

Brazil
01-05-2015, 07:04 AM

#8 in the rotation in WS

Close-out games:

Meh, tbh..

Nice example of cherry picking...

Portland game 5... are you serious ? he played 10 mn that game... Spurs butt fucked Portland... they could have won this serie with the bench. If it was so easy it's also because Parker destroyed them first 3 games
OKC game 6... yup
Miami game 5... yup

Now why you don't talk about Dallas game 7 for instance ? And for the record, without Parker we don't see second round. shhh girl

Pauleta14
01-05-2015, 07:05 AM

Nothing scares you, I give you that...

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-05-2015, 07:15 AM
Harlem's trolling is way past its prime tbh. 2/10 tbh and that's a compliment.

Ice009
01-05-2015, 07:51 AM

Portland game 5... are you serious ? he played 10 mn that game... Spurs butt fucked Portland... they could have won this serie with the bench. If it was so easy it's also because Parker destroyed them first 3 games
OKC game 6... yup
Miami game 5... yup

Now why you don't talk about Dallas game 7 for instance ? And for the record, without Parker we don't see second round. shhh girl

I think TP's game 3 against Portland was astonishing. One of his best performances. I think that game made the series look easy, when it might not have been if not for that performance from TP.

100%duncan
01-05-2015, 08:12 AM
Ma nigga Brazil what you been up to lately brah? Don't see you posting much tbh

Brazil
01-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Ma nigga Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) what you been up to lately brah? Don't see you posting much tbh

enjoying life tbh...

I was on holidays, I came back end of last week and I was hoping a Lions miracle that did not happen :lol

and you ? what's up ?

Beaverfuzz
01-05-2015, 09:29 AM
Tony's back on Tuesday. We'll see how he does, or if he plays like a pussy like he did vs Kobe at the T.

100%duncan
01-05-2015, 09:54 AM
enjoying life tbh...

I was on holidays, I came back end of last week and I was hoping a Lions miracle that did not happen :lol

and you ? what's up ?

Been off the site during the holidays too. Watching the Spurs games here and there, sometimes posting sometimes not. Things are slow without Whi and Tp tbh

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-05-2015, 10:04 AM
Parker is a scoring PG. For the most part, if he is not scoring, he is usually not contributing. Look at game 6 of OKC last year. Once Pop benched Parker, the Spurs came back for 12 down Scoring, Parker is still the best PG on this team. At 100%, he can be unstoppable at times. Defensively, its is Cojo. Mills is more of a Spark Plug than anything with his hustle play.

Here is what the Spurs are capable of without Kawhi or Parker when they have a healthy Patty Mills and Cojo starting.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489673

That stretch last year when the Spurs went 24-1, Parker wasn't even playing for half of those games. And half the games back, Pop played him reduced minutes. That stretch really showed the value that Mills means to this team. With Cojo improving this year, that is just gravy.

IMO, I think the Spurs can win the NBA championship right now if Parker wasn't playing, that is, as long as Kawhi and Mills and everyone else are 100%. BWTS, I would still want a 100% Parker playing at this point.

Kawhi is a necessity as Parker is a luxury for the Spurs right now.

dabom
01-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Parker is a scoring PG. For the most part, if he is not scoring, he is usually not contributing. Look at game 6 of OKC last year. Once Pop benched Parker, the Spurs came back for 12 down Scoring, Parker is still the best PG on this team. At 100%, he can be unstoppable at times. Defensively, its is Cojo. Mills is more of a Spark Plug than anything with his hustle play.

Here is what the Spurs are capable of without Kawhi or Parker when they have a healthy Patty Mills and Cojo starting.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489673

That stretch last year when the Spurs went 24-1, Parker wasn't even playing for half of those games. And half the games back, Pop played him reduced minutes. That stretch really showed the value that Mills means to this team. With Cojo improving this year, that is just gravy.

IMO, I think the Spurs can win the NBA championship right now if Parker wasn't playing, that is, as long as Kawhi and Mills and everyone else are 100%. BWTS, I would still want a 100% Parker playing at this point.

Kawhi is a necessity as Parker is a luxury for the Spurs right now.

Nathan89
01-06-2015, 09:35 PM
Until proven otherwise Joseph is the best pg on this team. Tony can't just shoot jumpshots and be considered the best pg on the team. He's going to have to score in the paint.

ducks
01-06-2015, 09:38 PM
one thing that tp does is in the playoffs is their best defender does guard him at times. coaches know he is the key. james guarded tp several minutes in the finals.
tp might not have the best stats on the team in the playoffs but coaches look to stop him and make others beat them

ducks
01-06-2015, 09:39 PM

OKC game 6... yup
Miami game 5... yup

OUCH

scanry
01-06-2015, 09:46 PM
If this is Parker's decline, boy are we in for a ride. He's also untradeable.

Brunodf
01-06-2015, 09:49 PM
:corn:

HI-FI
01-06-2015, 09:50 PM
Until proven otherwise Joseph is the best pg on this team. Tony can't just shoot jumpshots and be considered the best pg on the team. He's going to have to score in the paint.
I'm more of a CoJo guy, but tbh, never been a huge Parker fan. I just can't see Parker making that dunk on Ibaka in last years WCF. It was less about the dunk and more about not giving up. Parker has too much Kobe in him imo.

wouldnt mind Parker retiring with the Spurs though, but that contract....:depressed.

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-06-2015, 09:57 PM
:lmao benched

Hoops Czar
01-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Ginobili's the best pg on the team. Can't give the nod to a player who's great at creating shots for himself but fails to get his teammates involved in the offense. Another 0 assist first half for cojo.

FkLA
01-06-2015, 09:59 PM
I'm more of a CoJo guy, but tbh, never been a huge Parker fan. I just can't see Parker making that dunk on Ibaka in last years WCF. It was less about the dunk and more about not giving up. Parker has too much Kobe in him imo.

wouldnt mind Parker retiring with the Spurs though, but that contract....:depressed.

aaaand he may have just quit again

play like shit the first half, quit the second half has become an Enrique staple tbh

Nathan89
01-06-2015, 10:00 PM
Tony is the new rj.:lol

hater
01-06-2015, 10:01 PM

minutes restriction retard

midnightpulp
01-06-2015, 10:10 PM
Having a predictably shitty game, but he's the still the best PG on the team. CoJo has been a nice surprise, but once teams start to gameplan for him, you'll see his performance decline. Patty is great as a backup who can come in and provide instant offense, in the vein of players like Eddie House and Vinnie Johnson, but he's not a traditional point guard who can run the offense for 30-35 minutes per game. He's best playing off the offense rather than orchestrating it.

Ultimately, Parker is an asset and his presence gives the Spurs great flexibility at the PG position. If the matchup calls for a more traditional and speedy PG, we have that option. Parker's game matches up well with the Clippers, Suns, and Dallas, since they don't have the "Parker stopping" long and athletic 2 guards that give Parker so much trouble. Against other teams, we can easily sub him out and go with a Cojo/Patty if he's struggling.

Hoops Czar
01-06-2015, 10:10 PM

Lead gone.

hater
01-06-2015, 10:15 PM

back to a lottery team

Johnny RIngo
01-07-2015, 12:29 AM
aaaand he may have just quit again

play like shit the first half, quit the second half has become an Enrique staple tbh

He's French - surrendering is in his genes.

Malik Hairston
01-10-2015, 12:28 AM
Ugh, just sit him until next season, tbh..

apalisoc_9
01-10-2015, 12:30 AM
Parker should earn his minutes..

KL2
01-10-2015, 12:35 AM
Parker should earn his minutes..

& that $13.5 mill, MVP Leonard just $1.8 mill smh

Nathan89
01-10-2015, 12:45 AM
& that $13.5 mill, MVP Leonard just $1.8 mill smh

Kawhi is about get paid. His rookie contract isn't worth mentioning.

Malik Hairston
01-13-2015, 09:48 PM
Sucks that Joseph looks terrible with Parker or Ginobili on the floor with him, tbh..realistically, he's probably better than Parker, at this point, but Pop will go with the "reputation" choice..

Chomag
01-13-2015, 09:51 PM
I think Patty is the better player now that he has improved and TP has aged. However Patty is still a burst type player and im not sure him playing long minutes suits him.

Malik Hairston
01-13-2015, 09:52 PM
^^I don't think Patty should play more than 20 MPG per game, tbh, he's a short-minute player, as you said..

However, Parker isn't a 30 MPG player anymore..maybe he would be much more effective in a 20 MPG role..

lefty
01-13-2015, 10:09 PM
Lawl

benstanfield
01-13-2015, 10:11 PM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
"B-but Patty is actually a SG"
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

benstanfield
01-13-2015, 10:12 PM
Tony's extension will go down as the worst contract in the RC/Pop era, book it. Especially if it costs us Green.

horsielove
01-22-2015, 09:47 PM
Mills is.

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 09:48 PM
Only thing worse than Parker nowadays is the Parker-Duncan combination, tbh:lol..

Agloco
01-22-2015, 09:57 PM
Mills is.

If true, no repeat tbh.

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 09:59 PM
If true, no repeat tbh.

Parker's mediocre playoffs didn't affect the Spurs last year, tbh..

ElNono
01-22-2015, 10:02 PM
everybody mailed it in tonight, tbh... Pop even looked like he was more interesting in staring at the camera than watching the game :lol

Agloco
01-22-2015, 10:03 PM

He's less than mediocre right now tbh.

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 10:05 PM
He's less than mediocre right now tbh.

This is true, but it's exacerbated by Duncan/Ginobili looking so worn out from all the minutes while Parker/Leonard were out, unfortunately..

pgardn
01-22-2015, 10:07 PM

Did your brain drop off your neck?

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 10:07 PM
Did your brain drop off your neck?

???

pgardn
01-22-2015, 10:09 PM
???

Exactly.

cd98
01-22-2015, 10:10 PM
Parker is the best point guard on our roster by a mile. That said, he's always struggled with the physicality of Derrick Rose. We've just forgot BC of Rose being out for so long.

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 10:11 PM
Exactly.

What are you trying to argue? That Parker wasn't mediocre in last year's playoffs? If so, I'd love for you to present an argument, because virtually none of the metrics/numbers support that:lol..

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 10:11 PM
Parker is the best point guard on our roster by a mile. That said, he's always struggled with the physicality of Derrick Rose. We've just forgot BC of Rose being out for so long.

Rose is having a really bad season, stop:lol..

Also, Parker didn't guard Rose, so I don't blame him for that..he was getting torched by Tony Snell, though..

pgardn
01-22-2015, 10:13 PM
What are you trying to argue? That Parker wasn't mediocre in last year's playoffs? If so, I'd love for you to present an argument, because virtually none of the metrics/numbers support that:lol..

We don't get past the 1st round without him.
Honest to God you are some sort of invertebrate.
Watch the GD game. For once. Metrics...

Raven
01-22-2015, 10:17 PM
Im going with no.

Johnny RIngo
01-22-2015, 10:18 PM
Only thing worse than Parker nowadays is the Parker-Duncan combination, tbh:lol..

Scary to think that Parker-Belinelli just might be worse

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 10:19 PM
We don't get past the 1st round without him.
Honest to God you are some sort of invertebrate.
Watch the GD game. For once. Metrics...

Ok, chief..you can keep going with your cliches and unquantifiable observations, it's all good, tbh..

Nathan89
01-22-2015, 10:20 PM
Kings might take him off our hands. Let Denver be a third team and we could make something work.

spurtech09
01-22-2015, 10:21 PM
parker is still a decent back up

timtonymanu
01-22-2015, 10:22 PM
Nope.

horsielove
01-22-2015, 10:24 PM

Well actually, tbh, it did affect them. They played better team basketball.

Johnny RIngo
01-22-2015, 10:25 PM
parker is still a decent back up

$45 million's pretty damn expensive for a backup point

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 10:26 PM
Well actually, tbh, it did affect them. They played better team basketball.

:lmao..

spurtech09
01-22-2015, 10:32 PM
$45 million's pretty damn expensive for a backup pointnot talking about the money bro.....talking about what has become of parker...he's now a decent back up...drop the 45 mill lol

pgardn
01-22-2015, 10:41 PM
Ok, chief..you can keep going with your cliches and unquantifiable observations, it's all good, tbh..

Any person with the lest bit of scientific sense realizes that modeling the outcome of something with as many variables as sporting contests is pure folly. It can help to identify certain trends, but...

I trust my eyes. I will leave the math modeling to simple phenomena.

Yes.
I believe we would not made it out of the first round last year without Parker.
You obviously think he made no difference in that series.
Its all opinion, I will stick with mine.

apalisoc_9
01-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Any person with the lest bit of scientific sense realizes that modeling the outcome of something with as many variables as sporting contests is pure folly. It can help to identify certain trends, but...

Yes.

Talks about scientific sense, tells Malik I'll just use my eyes and not present stats...

Wow, I have no more words...

Mikeanaro
01-22-2015, 10:48 PM
:cry

pgardn
01-22-2015, 10:48 PM
Talks about scientific sense, tells Malik I'll just use my eyes and not present stats...

Wow, I have no more words...

You have no more words because you don't understand that modeling complex events with math is stupid.

Anyone who understands the science of math modeling, statistics, and probability knows what I am typing.
Distortion of events using stats is very common. Bending numbers to suit your prejudices is foolish.
If you like lying to yourself it's ok with me.

The only stat that matters is not a number. It's W or L.

apalisoc_9
01-22-2015, 10:52 PM

leave tony alone

Parker is done...And when he retires, please GTFO of this site..

Mainstream big 3 fans..annoying as fuxk.

Nathan89
01-22-2015, 10:53 PM
Tp doesn't pass the eye test. Even Miller called on him to be aggressive. Which is commentator talk meaning he sucks and should try harder not to suck.

ducks
01-22-2015, 10:53 PM
leonard did not slow rose done tonight

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 10:57 PM

Yes.

I didn't say he didn't make a difference in the Mavs series, though..

I said he had a mediocre playoff run..

me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər/
adjective
adjective: mediocre
of only moderate quality; not very good.

Having a few good performances doesn't negate the superior amount of average/below average/poor performances..

Your statistics argument is a reach, but regardless, your eyes are biased towards Parker, so I can't trust them..

pgardn
01-22-2015, 10:57 PM

leave tony alone

Parker is done...And when he retires, please GTFO of this site..

Mainstream big 3 fans..annoying as fuxk.

There will be no back to back without Parker.
Do you disagree?

If so, what PG takes over while Tony no longer plays?

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Tp doesn't pass the eye test. Even Miller called on him to be aggressive. Which is commentator talk meaning he sucks and should try harder not to suck.

Actually, Reggie(one of the least knowledgeable analysts of all-time) pulled out the "still injured" card for Parker, which is even worse:lol..

Johnny RIngo
01-22-2015, 10:58 PM
You have no more words because you don't understand that modeling complex events with math is stupid.

Anyone who understands the science of math modeling, statistics, and probability knows what I am typing.
Distortion of events using stats is very common. Bending numbers to suit your prejudices is foolish.
If you like lying to yourself it's ok with me.

Even the best analysts in basketball(Zach Lowe for example) use some form of statistics. It's retarded to summarily dismiss all of them in favor of shit like "the W's the only thing that counts"

pgardn
01-22-2015, 10:59 PM
I didn't say he didn't make a difference in the Mavs series, though..

I said he had a mediocre playoff run..

me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər/
adjective
adjective: mediocre
of only moderate quality; not very good.

Having a few good performances doesn't negate the superior amount of average/below average/poor performances..

Your statistics argument is a reach, but regardless, your eyes are biased towards Parker, so I can't trust them..

The playoff run BEGAN with what series?

apalisoc_9
01-22-2015, 11:00 PM
Even the best analysts in basketball(Zach Lowe for example) use some form of statistics. It's retarded to summarily dismiss all of them in favor of empty subjective analysis like "the W's the only thing that counts"

leave tony alone

Malik Hairston
01-22-2015, 11:01 PM
The playoff run BEGAN with what series?

The playoff run ends after 1 series?

Fuzzy Dunlop
enrique fans on here are embarrassing. :lol

pgardn
Even the best analysts in basketball(Zach Lowe for example) use some form of statistics. It's retarded to summarily dismiss all of them in favor of shit like "the W's the only thing that counts"

Statistics are a descriptor of what went on.
So you just read box scores and you got it?

Dont be stupid.

midnightpulp
01-22-2015, 11:02 PM
Pgardn does have somewhat of a point. I've long said that Parker is now a "matchup PG" at this stage in career. Against some teams (like last year's Dallas, the Clippers, Golden State etc) who feature smaller point guards, he's a great asset to have. But against bigger and more athletic PGs, like Westbrook and even a broken down Derrick Rose, he struggles. Makes sense that he would have a tough time against longer point guards, since his offense is so jumper-centric these days.

pgardn
01-22-2015, 11:03 PM
The playoff run ends after 1 series?

The Playoffs end 1st round minus Parker.
You disagree. We will never know except we won with Parker.

So, who do you got in his place? No Tony, who you got at point?

pgardn
01-22-2015, 11:05 PM
I clearly see Parker's role has changed.

This does not mean WE DONT NEED HIM.
Why is this so difficult?

apalisoc_9
01-22-2015, 11:06 PM
Parker doesn't think his role has changed..He continues to think he deserves the ball more than Kawhi.

Nathan89
01-22-2015, 11:10 PM

That shows how good the team is not the player. Other stats show individual contribution and the team should make decisions based upon those stats to increase the chance of getting a W.

If someone shoot 0-15 we can't say he had a good game because his team won.

pgardn
01-22-2015, 11:12 PM
Parker doesn't think his role has changed..He continues to think he deserves the ball more than Kawhi.

Parker does need to handle the ball more. He is our best PG. Sorry if that's not good enough, it may not be.

KL is our future. He is by far the most athletic player on our team. If Parker really does not want to pass to Leonard, or thinks we can win without Leonard, we are cooked. I don't believe Parker believes this. You do. So keep up the nonsense.

pgardn
01-22-2015, 11:16 PM
That shows how good the team is not the player. Other stats show individual contribution and the team should make decisions based upon those stats to increase the chance of getting a W.

If someone shoot 0-15 we can't say he had a good game because his team won.

No. You can't.

But you can't say the player was useless unless you watched the game. He may be the only player to defend the rim and rebound. Everyone of the 15 misses may have been a rebound putback try. That's why there is a tv in front of our GD eyes.

Mikeanaro
01-22-2015, 11:20 PM
Parker does need to handle the ball more. He is our best PG. Sorry if that's not good enough, it may not be.

KL is our future. He is by far the most athletic player on our team. If Parker really does not want to pass to Leonard, or thinks we can win without Leonard, we are cooked. I don't believe Parker believes this. You do. So keep up the nonsense.
Kawhi is our present, Parker needs to handle the ball less everything is so basic and predictable this hurts the team and will sink them to the bottom.

apalisoc_9
01-22-2015, 11:21 PM
Kawhi is our present, Parker needs to handle the ball less everything is so basic and predictable this hurts the team and will sink them to the bottom.

pgardn
01-22-2015, 11:23 PM

no disagreement.

KL is both.

We still must have Parker.
We have no better PG imo.

FkLA
01-22-2015, 11:59 PM
Not that it would ever happen bc of sentimental reasons...but I'd start Cory. Atleast he can attack off the dribble, which is more than you can say about Enrique. Keep Patty in a bench role since he and Manu compliment each other nicely.

Ice009
01-23-2015, 03:03 AM
Not that it would ever happen bc of sentimental reasons...but I'd start Cory. Atleast he can attack off the dribble, which is more than you can say about Enrique. Keep Patty in a bench role since he and Manu compliment each other nicely.

I was actually thinking about this 10 minutes ago when watching last night's game for the first time.

Spurs need someone that can get to the rack and score. Parker can't seem to do it anymore. Manu can't either. The Spurs need at least one player that can get to the rack and score. It might be time to think about giving Cory Joseph a shot (for real) if Parker keeps struggling.

ElNono
01-23-2015, 03:10 AM
Hamstring injuries are a bitch, tbh... not saying he's injured right now, but it's entirely possible he's just trying not to put a lot of pressure on it. Pop said during the interview he didn't think Tony was favoring any leg, so that's a good sign.

He had so many hamstring issues in the last couple of years, he probably needs to build some confidence and break that mental barrier that he's not going to get hurt again. Time will tell.

pookenstein
01-23-2015, 03:37 AM
Hamstring injuries are a bitch, tbh... not saying he's injured right now, but it's entirely possible he's just trying not to put a lot of pressure on it. Pop said during the interview he didn't think Tony was favoring any leg, so that's a good sign.

ESPN als had Pop mic'd and they showed a bit of him asking Tony if he felt alright? Parker said yes, but I think it shows that the coaches are still somewhat worried about his leg.

Brazil
01-23-2015, 12:51 PM

you are speaking out of your ass as always tbh... Parker has been benched for George Hill for instance... but now Pop is a sentimental guy... :rolleyes

FkLA
01-23-2015, 03:03 PM
you are speaking out of your ass as always tbh... Parker has been benched for George Hill for instance... but now Pop is a sentimental guy... :rolleyes

:lol Re-read my post. I'd start Cory and let Patty stay in his current role, meaning Enrique would essentially be the 3rd PG. That's a little different than what happened with Hill.

You really think Pop is willing to do that?

Ditty
01-23-2015, 03:04 PM
:lol Re-read my post. I'd start Cory and let Patty stay in his current role, meaning Enrique would essentially be the 3rd PG. That's a little different than what happened with Hill.

no

$pursDynasty
01-23-2015, 03:37 PM
ask any logical fan from any other team who the best PG on the Spurs roster is, MVParker will win a vast majority of the time. I can't imagine any coach in the league rather facing Parker as opposed to Patty and CoJo. I like CoJo game and Patty can go nova from time to time but only ST members with agendas feel they are better than 100% TP. If TP hit the free agent market even with Patty's shoulder injury, do you think he wouldn't have gotten more attention than Patty got???

Malik Hairston
01-23-2015, 03:38 PM
ask any logical fan from any other team who the best PG on the Spurs roster is, MVParker will win a vast majority of the time. I can't imagine any coach in the league rather facing Parker as opposed to Patty and CoJo. I like CoJo game and Patty can go nova from time to time but only ST members with agendas feel they are better than 100% TP. If TP hit the free agent market even with Patty's shoulder injury, do you think he wouldn't have gotten more attention than Patty got???

:lol fans of other teams that watch the Spurs once every few weeks are more knowledgeable than Spurs fans? smh..

Brazil
01-23-2015, 03:43 PM

you are right... I couldn't have guessed that was the idea, I should have figured... so it's nothing close to be a sentimental issue, Pop is trying to get Parker going because you like it or not, Cory starting PG in POs would be a very bad news for the Spurs...

Now if by POs time it's the best option to have Parker as third PG I have no doubt in my mind that Pop will do it. So yes Pop is willing to do that in April and in POs if Parker plays that bad... Pop has never been sentimentalist with these players.. not sure why you are thinking he will be now

Budkin
01-23-2015, 03:45 PM
So obvious he's not healthy.

Brazil
01-23-2015, 03:45 PM
:lol fans of other teams that watch the Spurs once every few weeks are more knowledgeable than Spurs fans? smh..

smh.

fans of other teams are more knowledgeable than Spurs fans with an agenda yes

but man ya know I <3 u tbh

SnakeBoy
01-23-2015, 04:01 PM

You're starting to come across as a faggot with a crush on Kawhi.

smh when a schtick goes to far

Mr Bones
01-23-2015, 06:05 PM

:lolfans that watch the Spurs are more knowledgable than their coach, who spends hundreds of hours a month in direct contact with them.

Nathan89
01-23-2015, 06:45 PM

In theory he's supposed to be getting better by playing. For that reason alone he has to play.

pgardn
01-23-2015, 11:37 PM

No.

Primarily because Pop is not an idiot.

ChumpDumper
01-23-2015, 11:40 PM

Well, if you ever wondered why Pop is going to the Hall of Fame and you haven't done anything in basketball at all, that about sums it up.

FkLA
01-23-2015, 11:46 PM
you are right... I couldn't have guessed that was the idea, I should have figured... so it's nothing close to be a sentimental issue, Pop is trying to get Parker going because you like it or not, Cory starting PG in POs would be a very bad news for the Spurs...

Now if by POs time it's the best option to have Parker as third PG I have no doubt in my mind that Pop will do it. So yes Pop is willing to do that in April and in POs if Parker plays that bad... Pop has never been sentimentalist with these players.. not sure why you are thinking he will be now

It's not as bad of news as current Enrique starting. Honestly, not even trolling I don't think the old Enrique is magically coming back. There haven't been any glimpses of his speed coming back...like I've said he can't even take bigs like Humphries/Mirotic off the dribble much less other PGs.

Is it smart to continue to trot him out there so he can try to find himself? Probably. I'm just not holding my breathe for it...I'd make the transition to Cory now.

FkLA
01-23-2015, 11:51 PM
No.

Primarily because Pop is not an idiot.

Feel free to bump this thread when Enrique magically regains the ability to take NBA players off the dribble. Or when he stops being the worst defender in the league for the PG position. :tu

Splits
01-23-2015, 11:56 PM
It's not as bad of news as current Enrique starting. Honestly, not even trolling I don't think the old Enrique is magically coming back. There haven't been any glimpses of his speed coming back...like I've said he can't even take bigs like Humphries/Mirotic off the dribble much less other PGs.

Is it smart to continue to trot him out there so he can try to find himself? Probably. I'm just not holding my breathe for it...I'd make the transition to Cory now.

:lmao Cory Joseph wouldn't make another NBA roster. He's the prototypical "system" Spur.

Tony on the other hand, could have walked for max money instead of obligating his soul to San Antonio for less this off season.

He's coasting this regular season, saving himself for when it matters.

He has the on/off switch, and pushed it up tonight and torched the L:lolkers with his speed and penetration.

Splits
01-23-2015, 11:58 PM
Feel free to bump this thread when Enrique magically regains the ability to take NBA players off the dribble. Or when he stops being the worst defender in the league for the PG position. :tu

Did you watch the game tonight? :lmao

TP was penetrating and scoring at will, hitting his midrange like it was 2007. He's fine. You, on the other hand, are a TP-hater who dreams of apeshit_9 and HH giving you a bukkake shower.

ducks
01-24-2015, 12:04 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/watch-tony-parker-career-high-18-assists-spurs-143303319.html;_ylt=AwrSyCO_J8NUkEUAnXdNbK5_

FkLA
01-25-2015, 09:36 PM

:bike:

Spur Bank
01-25-2015, 11:03 PM
I was browsing the Wins Above Replacement stats on ESPN for shits and giggles, and seeing which Spurs were playing below replacement level.

The numbers below 0 start on page 10 of 12: http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/10

Kyle Anderson is negative, barely... no surprise there. Marco Bellinelli can be found on page 11, thanks to average offense and poor defense.

But then, on page 12 of 12, where the dregs of the NBA lie.. whoa...

Ranked 455 out of 464... ahead of only Anthony Bennett, Enes Kanter, Jeff Green, Dion Waiters, Nerlens Noel, Josh Smith, Jarrett Jack, Jason Smith, and Zach Lavine....

#455, Tony Parker. Not only last on the Spurs, but one of the worst in the NBA.

Ho. Lee. Fuk. I knew he hasn't had the greatest season, but this is casting him amongst the sodomites. http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/12

In fairness, here's some more on the stat and its opaqueness. Hard to know what we're really seeing here. http://regressing.deadspin.com/just-what-the-hell-is-real-plus-minus-espns-new-nba-s-1560361469