PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade...

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-04-2015, 01:42 AM
TP for the first overall pick and get Okafor, tbh?

Maj_G
01-04-2015, 01:51 AM
Hello no, this not what we do.

Maj_G
01-04-2015, 01:53 AM
I would trade cory, beli and baynes for Okafor though :)

Splits
01-04-2015, 01:54 AM

:lmao great first post

Splits
01-04-2015, 01:56 AM

What about Bonner?

Kool Bob Love
01-04-2015, 01:56 AM

ElNono
01-04-2015, 01:58 AM
How bout Daye/Bonner for Shumpert?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-04-2015, 01:58 AM
This isn't a troll thread, tbh. I think it would be am interesting investment.

Okafor is a player one could potentially build a team around, and after the season Parker's value would be at an all time high considering the future.

Clipper Nation
01-04-2015, 01:59 AM
OP is even more retarded than I thought if he seriously thinks anyone's trading the #1 pick for Enrique.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-04-2015, 02:00 AM
OP is even more retarded than I thought if he seriously thinks anyone's trading the #1 pick for Enrique.
Kevin Love got 2 #1 overall picks

Maj_G
01-04-2015, 02:01 AM
like anyone would want bonner

Malik Hairston
01-04-2015, 02:02 AM
:lol a team trading the #1 pick for a 32-year old, above average PG on the decline..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-04-2015, 02:03 AM
:lol a team trading the #1 pick for a 32-year old, above average PG on the decline..
You're telling me you don't think NY would do that trade?

ElNono
01-04-2015, 02:03 AM
IIRC, a pick is worth around 3 million... The Spurs would need to take even more additional contracts for this to happen at all (which it won't). Straight up, it can't happen.

Malik Hairston
01-04-2015, 02:04 AM

Why? They're going to mortgage their future for a PG that could help them get to the 7th/8 seed?

Splits
01-04-2015, 02:05 AM

:lmao next ST legend in the making

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
Why? They're going to mortgage their future for a PG that could help them get to the 7th/8 seed?
Because their front office is retarded and they are known for chasing star players

Clipper Nation
Kevin Love got 2 #1 overall picks

Kevin Love, while overrated, isn't a declining average point guard on the wrong side of 30. And even then, anyone who knew anything about basketball still thought it was a bad move by the Cavs.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-04-2015, 02:06 AM
Kevin Love, while overrated, isn't a declining average point guard on the wrong side of 30. And even then, anyone who knew anything about basketball still thought it was a bad move by the Cavs.
The league doesn't view Parker as "average" though

Kool Bob Love
01-04-2015, 02:07 AM

:lol

Splits
01-04-2015, 02:12 AM

Dude. Seriously, this is pathetic. Call Dale and ask him how to use this:

http://paulabermanorganizing.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Whiteboard.jpg

taps
01-04-2015, 02:14 AM

Trade Machine says it works

Malik Hairston
01-04-2015, 02:15 AM
Dude. Seriously, this is pathetic. Call Dale and ask him how to use this:

http://paulabermanorganizing.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Whiteboard.jpg

:lol what the fuck? You actually believe a team would trade a top pick for Tony fucking Parker?

ElNono
01-04-2015, 02:16 AM
Because their front office is retarded and they are known for chasing star players

They already have Calderon for the role of over the hill PG...

SupremeGuy
01-04-2015, 02:26 AM
Nah, but if we don't win it this year(Timmy and Manu retire as a result) and Parker plays summerball, I'd make some calls and see what we can get.

Splits
:lol what the fuck? You actually believe a team would trade a top pick for Tony fucking Parker?

At least be obvious about, like ElNono did a couple seasons ago. Or go full retard like TIMmvpdpoy, but this subliminal TP hate schtick is so amateur. It's clear you're just trying to troll

Splits

This

Splits

At least be obvious about, like ElNono did a couple seasons ago. Or go full retard like TIMmvpdpoy, but this subliminal TP hate schtick is so amateur. It's clear you're just trying to troll

Splits

Splits

Splits

Poorsung

Splits

Gottdam Koreans

Splits

Splits

Splits

Splits

K

Splits

Wtf poorsung? Caused me to faggup this thread

SupremeGuy
01-04-2015, 02:37 AM
Holy spamming Batman!

Sean Cagney
01-04-2015, 03:29 AM
HELL YES........... Any day of the week.
TP for the first overall pick and get Okafor, tbh?

Congrats on them Panthers man, you were right on them beating the Cards if they drew them in the first round of the playoffs. They looked good today and made round two, which is more than I thought they would make until they drew the Cards and then I would put money on them any day of the week. Round two alot tougher but they made it further than I thought they would before the playoffs, they met the right team at the right time.

On to the thread now, I doubt they would trade Tony and I seriously doubt someone gives up a first round or high pick for Tony at his age and mileage on him, let alone the first pick in the draft for Tony :lol:lol. At this point you would not get equal value for Tony and he is a lifer with the Spurs IMO, he will retire in SA.

Splits
01-04-2015, 03:32 AM
HELL YES........... Anyday of the week.

:lmao

Silver&Black
01-04-2015, 03:53 AM
Splitty going HAM ITT TBH...

Johnny RIngo
01-04-2015, 04:07 AM
If a team offered the first pick for TP, you'd be stupid NOT to take that deal. Realistically though, Spurs would struggle to find anyone willing to give a top lottery pick for a declining Parker on a cancerous contract.

Kool Bob Love
01-04-2015, 04:11 AM
At least be obvious about, like ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) did a couple seasons ago. Or go full retard like TIM (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20088)mvpdpoy, but this subliminal TP hate schtick is so amateur. It's clear you're just trying to troll

Kool Bob Love
01-04-2015, 04:13 AM
At least be obvious about, like ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) did a couple seasons ago. Or go full retard like TIM (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20088)mvpdpoy, but this subliminal TP hate schtick is so amateur. It's clear you're just trying to troll

Kool Bob Love
01-04-2015, 04:14 AM
If a team offered the first pick for TP, you'd be stupid NOT to take that deal. Realistically though, Spurs would struggle to find anyone willing to give a top lottery pick for a declining Parker on a cancerous contract.

SupremeGuy
01-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Who was KBL again? Was it catman?

T Park
01-04-2015, 08:55 AM

Maybe.

Blizzardwizard
01-04-2015, 09:35 AM

ElNono
01-04-2015, 10:50 AM
WTF Splits :lol

This post made from an Alpha (notice the single post)
jeebus lefty

jeebus
01-04-2015, 11:24 AM

Poorsung

Gottdam Koreans

K

Wtf poorsung? Caused me to faggup this thread

:lmao:lmao lefty, get your ass in here now and :downspin: this shit! I recommend using your computer though or else we'll get 5 or 6 repeat replies from you.

cjw
01-04-2015, 11:45 AM
This isn't a troll thread, tbh. I think it would be am interesting investment.

Okafor is a player one could potentially build a team around, and after the season Parker's value would be at an all time high considering the future.

Agreed, an interesting theoretical.

If Duncan and Manu retire, you make this trade in a heartbeat from a pure basketball sense. You're likely not competing in year 1 post-TD/Manu so why not create even more cap space ($8.4mm based on difference between rookie scale deal and TP's $13.4mm)? By year 3 of Parker's contract, Joseph is probably a better player and this would let you guarantee him a starting job. In a way, it would let them reload on the fly by being $25mm under the cap including cap holds with two $10mm a year types or a max + solid rotation guy. Risky strategy though and cap space would largely be shot once the Kawhi and Green deals are inked.

That said, there's an intangible value on keeping a player through the end of his prime or career / letting them retire with the same team. Compare Stockton to the taint Malone had by chasing a ring and failing with the Lakers. Also, I doubt whichever team lands #1 would make that deal - even the Knicks now that Phil is in charge.

Kool Bob Love
01-04-2015, 11:48 AM
Who was KBL again? Was it catman?

and you're robdiaz. Relax druggie.

james evans
01-05-2015, 08:38 AM
I know NY would have done that years ago. They really were that stupid. Not so much now. The spurs are the classiest organization in nba history, but as Carlito was told, their loyalty is gonna someday kill them. Parker wants to play for 20 years? I can't see this guy playing for 6 more seasons. No way. Do him like we did Bowen. Trade him away, have him stink up the joint and re-sign him back later. Besides, I would be afraid to trade baynes or bonner for a duke player. That duke curse is REAL.

T Park
01-05-2015, 02:56 PM

No brainer but why does NY do it?

hater
01-05-2015, 03:04 PM
No brainer but why does NY do it?

you and your fucking logic :lmao

DPG21920
01-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Everyone knows no one would trade the #1 pick for TP at this point in his career. That is obvious. But with regards to the OP's question, it's an obvious yes you would trade TP for the #1 pick. It's about the only time you could consider actually trading one of the big 3 (especially while Tim is still here) and even TP would tell the Spurs to pull that trigger if it was ever actually offered.

But it's not realistic so no point in really discussing IMO.

Chomag
01-05-2015, 03:31 PM
Everyone knows no one would trade the #1 pick for TP at this point in his career. That is obvious. But with regards to the OP's question, it's an obvious yes you would trade TP for the #1 pick. It's about the only time you could consider actually trading one of the big 3 (especially while Tim is still here) and even TP would tell the Spurs to pull that trigger if it was ever actually offered.

But it's not realistic so no point in really discussing IMO.

I do agree with this, but I think that the Spurs should still be shopping him and see if anything comes up. I realize that there are TP fans here and rightfully so but as a basketball standpoint going into the Future they should be looking to make a move. TP has had some great seasons and has been a huge factor for the Spurs, but that's all in the past now and it's scary thinking that TP is looking to play some Euro Ball once again this summer. It's just crazy thinking about him playing all summer when he can barely stay on the floor now even after a full summer's rest.

Again I know TP is loved here and he has earned that respect but I still think giving him that extension was not a good move, especially going forward.

DPG21920
01-05-2015, 03:41 PM
The extension was fine and well deserved. Could it have been for less money? Ok, maybe for strictly basketball reasons you might be able to make that argument. But when you look at what other PG's in this league are making, plus the Spurs getting #5, it makes it pretty damn hard to point a realistic finger at the extension as a negative.

TP is the 7th highest paid PG in the league this year and when healthy he's still a top PG. But his contributions when the extension were signed up until now have been more than fair value. Despite being the 7th highest paid PG, there are about 6 guys right behind him (within 1M in annual salary) so he's really paid much more like the 12-14th PG in the league compared to the 6 in front of him which makes it even more ridiculous.

You can't trade any of the big 3 - especailly when Tim/Manu aren't retired and you want to compete for a title. Especially if you are getting to B2B finals without TP playing like a superstar (but he's still been very good). There's a business to this just as much as basketball and you don't go this long and have this much success just to turn around and ruin that. The only way you can do that is if you get an offer that is so stupid (Lebron, Durant, Anthony Davis, #1 pick, etc..) that you just can't say no. Since that isn't happening, I can't really see a scenario outside of Tim/Manu telling RC/Pop they are done after this year and TP giving his consent to get the best deal available to help them move on in one quick brush. I don't see that as realistic though since they are still chasing a ring and haven't been fully healthy.

Mel_13
01-05-2015, 03:50 PM
The extension was fine and well deserved. Could it have been for less money? Ok, maybe for strictly basketball reasons you might be able to make that argument. But when you look at what other PG's in this league are making, plus the Spurs getting #5 after the extension, it makes it pretty damn hard to point a realistic finger at the extension as a negative.

TP is the 7th highest paid PG in the league this year and when healthy he's still a top PG. But his contributions when the extension were signed up until now have been more than fair value. Despite being the 7th highest paid PG, there are about 6 guys right behind him (within 1M in annual salary) so he's really paid much more like the 12-14th PG in the league compared to the 6 in front of him which makes it even more ridiculous.

You can't trade any of the big 3 - especailly when you Tim/Manu aren't retired and you want to compete for a title. Especially if you are getting to B2B finals without TP playing like a superstar (but he's still been very good). There's a business to this just as much as basketball and you don't go this long and have this much success just to turn around and ruin that. The only way you can do that is if you get an offer that is so stupid (Lebron, Durant, Anthony Davis, #1 pick, etc..) that you just can't say no. Since that isn't happening, I can't really see a scenario outside of Tim/Manu telling RC/Pop they are done after this year and TP giving his consent to get the best deal available to help them move on in one quick brush. I don't see that as realistic though since they are still chasing a ring and haven't been fully healthy.

I agree with just about everything in your post, but the extension was signed after #5 at the beginning of August, 2014.

DPG21920
01-05-2015, 03:53 PM
I agree with just about everything in your post, but the extension was signed after #5 at the beginning of August, 2014.

Yup - I didn't edit fast enough :lol

Mel_13
01-05-2015, 03:56 PM
:lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-06-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm going to bump this shit in like three years.. I will get the last laugh!

btw, Green was not the player he is now back then and Shump was a very good prospect

edit: wrong thread :lol

buttsR4rebounding
01-06-2015, 01:09 PM
The 1st overall pick? You would have to consider that. An opportunity to truly get next the next Franchise Player. Also, point guard is one of the most plentiful positions in the NBA. Also, to get the Rookie Salary Scale in place for hopefully a primo player would open up other Free Agent possibilities. I think you have to consider it.

hater
01-06-2015, 01:42 PM
you don't do it unless you want to kiss the repeat goodbye and waste the last year of Duncan and Evita

jbspurs
01-06-2015, 01:54 PM
What about Bonner?

Bonner for nothing in return is ok! :)

cd021
01-12-2015, 05:44 AM
If the Spurs were open to trading Parker (I assume after the season) and presumably having next year being a retooling year I would think the Knicks or the Pacers (maybe Miami) would be the two teams. The Knicks are desperate to be good again and would probably be open to moving their lottery pick if it doesn't wind up being #1 or #2. Maybe the 3rd pick for Parker straight up (they would have to wait to the 1st for the trade to become official). As for the Pacers, Hill and Mahinmi (yes both former Spurs) for Parker would work and would save the Spurs $1.3 million next season, and more than $5 million in the season after.