PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: Pau Gasol

midnightpulp
01-05-2015, 10:17 PM
27-13-3-2 on 63% shooting against one of the better frontlines in the league. And still a top 5 big in the NBA. Just amazing. I like Jimmy Butler, but Gasol is the most important Bull, without question.

:worthy:

Kool Bob Love
01-05-2015, 10:23 PM
I'm just happy he isn't with the lakers anymore.

lefty
01-05-2015, 10:24 PM
MVPAU :cry

Brunodf
01-05-2015, 10:25 PM
MVPau doing MVPau things

timtonymanu
01-05-2015, 10:28 PM
MVPau :cry

JMarkJohns
01-05-2015, 10:29 PM
I really wanted the Suns to go after him. He could have really taught Len a thing or three and would have really shore up the C position, providing low-post scoring and high-post passing. :/

Malik Hairston
01-05-2015, 10:29 PM
He's been a monster this season, and that Bulls squad hides his flaws, too..easily a top 2 player on the best team in the East and a legit contender, as long as Rose doesn't sabotage them by trying to be important, tbh..

His atrocious defense from the 2 prior years looks a lot better this year, as well..

BillMc
01-05-2015, 11:31 PM
I still find it amusing that "offensive genius" Mike D'Antoni couldn't find a way to use him.

Franklin
01-06-2015, 12:15 AM
Not _'Antoni's fault imho, no one would've made it work with someone chucking 30+ shots every night

Bynumite
01-06-2015, 12:22 AM
Multiple big men put up career highs against Pau during his last season with LAL. Bulls system really is the ideal situation for Pau at this stage of his career.

apalisoc_9
01-06-2015, 12:39 AM
D.Rose will have his Tony Parker moment in the playoffs, IMO. Watch him shoot his team out of the playoffs.

Must be frustrating for Rose knowing he's not even as valuable as Butler and Gasol...

Buddy Mignon
01-06-2015, 01:43 AM
So from what I gather... Pau is a system player that needs the right coach and teammates to flourish. Much like Jim.

unforeseen
01-06-2015, 02:51 AM
So from what I gather... Pau is a system player that needs the right coach and teammates to flourish. Much like Jim.

And both had to carry the rest of the sack of shits on the team to NBA titles.

scanry
01-06-2015, 05:54 AM

And yet Jim is still > .... you know the rest.

Chillen
01-06-2015, 08:18 AM
I don't miss Boozer. Pau is playing like a beast for this team, hope this continues all season, including the playoffs. He really is a perfect fit for this team and Noah, Gasol can give teams fits.

scanry
01-06-2015, 09:37 AM
I don't miss Boozer. Pau is playing like a beast for this team, hope this continues all season, including the playoffs. He really is a perfect fit for this team and Noah, Gasol can give teams fits.

Pau is making Noah expendable.

Splits
01-06-2015, 11:50 AM
Unreal how Laker Nation shit all over this guy. He gets a chance in a healthy environment and is dominating. Go figure, not playing with the league's worst teammate he goes from scapegoat to dominant.

Spin that shit, Kobestan cockgobblers.

ElNono
01-06-2015, 12:12 PM
:lol @ Lakerfan gymnastics in here... he was dropping 20-10 on a nightly basis, had the Lakeshow at .500... at this time last season, but "it's the Bulls system" crofl

Malik Hairston
01-06-2015, 12:15 PM
Noah and Rose look terrible, tbh, it'll be interesting to see what they do with them..they don't really need Noah anyways, Gibson would fit well in the stsrting lineup and Mirotic is a solid 3rd big..

ambchang
01-06-2015, 01:32 PM
Pau is making Noah expendable.

Noah covers for the little that MVPau lacks.

They compliment each other fantastically with their offensive/defensive games and interior passing.

Malik Hairston
01-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Noah looks terrible and he kills their offense, tbh..their announcers have actually been mentioning it the past few games, opposing teams are not respecting Noah on offense and it has clogged their offense when Noah/Rose are on the floor together..

He's also nowhere near the same player, defensively..

Dex
01-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Noah looks terrible and he kills their offense, tbh..their announcers have actually been mentioning it the past few games, opposing teams are not respecting Noah on offense and it has clogged their offense when Noah/Rose are on the floor together..

He's also nowhere near the same player, defensively..

Noah is overrated because he plays with super intensity and says things like "Cleveland sucks". His game, while fairly effective, is pretty damn ugly and nowhere on the level of Gasol's. He's a garbageman with an attitude.

ambchang
01-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Noah regressed this year for sure, but I am not ready to say he "sucks".

His game is still a great compliment to MVPau's. But then again, it's MVPau, his game is so good others just fit around him.

ShowtimeFan
01-06-2015, 01:43 PM
:lol @ Lakerfan gymnastics in here... he was dropping 20-10 on a nightly basis, had the Lakeshow at .500... at this time last season, but "it's the Bulls system" crofl

To be fair, the Bulls system is great for Pau at this stage, and looks even better when compared to the crap Dantoni tried to pull with him. The Bulls allow him to emphasize his strengths, particularly on the defensive end. But yeah, Laker fans throwing Pau under the bus was just shameful.

Malik Hairston
01-06-2015, 01:52 PM
I don't think Noah sucks, but I don't think they can win a title if they're starting both Noah and Rose, they're going to have to limit the minutes of one of them(and obviously they can't do it to Rose without backlash)..

Mugen
01-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Noah had a pretty significant knee injury over the summer. I agree that he's looked pretty bad this season tbh.

Cry Havoc
01-06-2015, 02:31 PM

Cry Havoc
01-06-2015, 02:32 PM
It's amazing what allowing an all-star player to touch the ball more than once per quarter does to their production.

Red Hawk #21
01-06-2015, 02:52 PM
I was watching the Bulls-Rockets game last night and Pau played really well. He really fits in well with their offense. But I gotta be honest...Pau absolutely kills me with his screaming bullshit. This dude yells like a bitch for no apparent reason. Last night there was one play where he screamed at the top of his lungs and fell down, looking for a whistle. The replay showed that no one even touched Pau smh, even the Bulls commentators were saying that they wouldn't have given Pau the call in that instance.