JohnnyMax
01-06-2015, 02:08 AM
They just shut down Durant and Westbrook

illusioNtEk
01-06-2015, 02:09 AM
Thunder Rusty tbh

Robz4000
01-06-2015, 02:16 AM
Durant doesn't look like himself and Westchimp shut himself down.

100%duncan
01-06-2015, 03:48 AM
Yah like what Kawhi and Danny did last playoffs IIRC

bklynspursfan
01-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Warriors don't want to see us. :) But OKC is hardly disciplined enough, so they become predictable and easier to defend.

hater
01-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Klay and Elian. Gayest duo in the NBA.

Hate that gay ass team

Some team needs to put them in a wheelchair

ElNono
01-06-2015, 10:39 AM
KD couldn't hit the side of a barn last night... but they did play a lot harder than OKC... they look on a mission to win the regular season championship, tbh

cd98
01-06-2015, 10:42 AM
We match up well with Golden State, but not so much with the Thunder. If we meet the Thunder in the playoffs it will be another nail biter. And rip on Westbrook all you want, but he was doing amazing things in the playoffs last year. Seems like he is always capable of giving his team a chance to win even when they are not playing well. Sure, he's wreckless, but it's worked well enough to get the Thunder deep in the playoffs, and but for injuries, may have been enough to win it all.

cjw
01-06-2015, 11:12 AM
Put OKC and GS in the same half of the bracket, and us in the other half and I'll be happy. Not that GS scares the heck out of me (though they do more than in years past), but it's the best chance of knocking off OKC before we see them.

DarrinS
01-06-2015, 11:46 AM
OKC still won at the FT line. Remember, they are a "very high free throw shooting team".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvJFLG2ZQi0

james evans
01-06-2015, 04:58 PM
They just shut down Durant and Westbrook
no that's what happens when the refs don't send those fukers to the line on every drive and jump shot. They look average. They've been given so much bullshit that they hit the ground on layups with no one around them hoping for foul calls every time.

james evans
01-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Warriors don't want to see us. :) But OKC is hardly disciplined enough, so they become predictable and easier to defend.
defending okc isn't the problem, the problem is if Adam Silver wants KD to get a ring sooner than later

tmtcsc
01-06-2015, 05:45 PM
SMH at the fear that still exists with OKC. :rolleyes

Golden State and Memphis are much bigger threats to the Spurs because of their coaching and discipline. There's no denying the Spurs are at a disadvantage at some positions but their team play makes up for it. OKC has NO bench and mediocre - interior play.

Good gawd people, the Spurs destroyed them in the WCF. Once the Spurs adjusted to Ibaka's presence, they got back to handing them the beat down of their playoff lives. Forget what you see in the regular season, the playoffs are a whole different animal.

Hoops Czar
01-06-2015, 05:48 PM
Oops, pretender alert.

cjw
01-06-2015, 05:51 PM
the Spurs destroyed them in the WCF

No, the Spurs destroyed the Grizzlies in the WCF a couple of years ago. Spurs beat OKC handily in one game with Ibaka back, OKC won two games easily with Ibaka and game 6 went down to the wire.

Agreed though on coaching mattering - we saw what Carlisle meant to the Mavs last postseason. Luckily OKC and Houston both still have duds.

timtonymanu
01-06-2015, 05:52 PM

Golden State and Memphis are much bigger threats to the Spurs because of their coaching and discipline. There's no denying the Spurs are at a disadvantage at some positions but their team play makes up for it. OKC has NO bench and mediocre - interior play.

Good gawd people, the Spurs destroyed them in the WCF. Once the Spurs adjusted to Ibaka's presence, they got back to handing them the beat down of their playoff lives. Forget what you see in the regular season, the playoffs are a whole different animal.

:lol Memphis sucks. The Spurs could potentially sweep them again, tbh.

Sure, OKC is worse than last season and has their share of flaws, but they have enough athleticism to disrupt our passing game and WB is an underrated beast. I do think the Spurs could beat them again, but I don't think it would be as easy as you keep claiming. It's all irrelevant though if Durant doesn't get into rhythm. OKC is currently a 1st round exit, potentially 2nd round if they get a favorable matchup.

ajh18
01-06-2015, 05:55 PM
OKC isn't constructed to be a good defensive team on the perimeter. They never recovered on that front from Thabo's decline a few year's back. Golden State is the perfect team to exploit their weaknesses there.

We're constructed to be a very good defensive team on the perimeter (and therefore match up well with GS), but don't really have pieces to exploit OKC's weakness there when we're on offense the same way GS does.

Beaverfuzz
01-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Klay and Elian. Gayest duo in the NBA.

Hate that gay ass team

Some team needs to put them in a wheelchair

Golden State usually puts themselves in wheelchairs, same with the Slippers.

Holden_Caulfield
01-06-2015, 06:13 PM
okc vs gsw first round would be epic

Hoops Czar
01-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Obviously, anybody who says that OKC is worse than last year and Memphis would get swept hasn't been watching the Spurs play basketball.

moisaenz
01-06-2015, 06:39 PM

Sure, OKC is worse than last season and has their share of flaws, but they have enough athleticism to disrupt our passing game and WB is an underrated beast. I do think the Spurs could beat them again, but I don't think it would be as easy as you keep claiming. It's all irrelevant though if Durant doesn't get into rhythm. OKC is currently a 1st round exit, potentially 2nd round if they get a favorable matchup.

Memphis struggled to beat a Spurs team playing their worst basketball in a while.

Budkin
01-06-2015, 06:52 PM
They just don't scare me. OKC still does because of 2012, but without Harden they won't beat us in the playoffs.

moisaenz
01-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Warriors only have a chance if they have Bogut.

Hoops Czar
01-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Warriors only have a chance if they have Bogut.

Spurs only have a chance if Ginobili, Parker, Leonard, Green and Splitter are healthy.

Mal
01-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Spurs own Warriors. They are no threat. It all goes to matchups. Spurs struggle with Rockets, Mavs and OKC, but they own the rest. Meanwhile Warriors own Rox and OKC, and the list goes to every single matchup in playoffs.

hater
01-06-2015, 07:47 PM

its all about matchups. Spurs just have matchup disadvantage with OKC.

Spurs have matchup advantage with Warriors

pretty simple

Hoops Czar
01-06-2015, 08:35 PM
It's not that simple. Spurs own Dallas and the series went 7 last year. Steve Kerr isn't Mark Jackson.

tmtcsc
01-06-2015, 08:59 PM

I wouldn't say Memphis sucks. OKC's athleticism can disrupt the Spurs' ball movement but Memphis' consistency and smarts can be a problem. Memphis is more of a threat to go far in the playoffs than the Thunder because they take care of the ball and play more of a half-court game. They don't take wild-ass shots like RW and KD.

Right now, the Warriors are playing good basketball but the real test will be how they handle the playoffs.

timtonymanu
01-06-2015, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't say Memphis sucks. OKC's athleticism can disrupt the Spurs' ball movement but Memphis' consistency and smarts can be a problem. Memphis is more of a threat to go far in the playoffs than the Thunder because they take care of the ball and play more of a half-court game. They don't take wild-ass shots like RW and KD.

Right now, the Warriors are playing good basketball but the real test will be how they handle the playoffs.

Memphis is destined to go far in the playoffs I agree. But they really match up poorly against the Spurs. Unless they can acquire a perimeter threat that isn't a 40 year old Vince Carter, I would fear them more.