PDA

View Full Version : Suns: Prime Amar'e vs. Prime Kemp

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Who was more explosive, and who would you take?

lefty
01-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Shawn Kemp

He carried the Sonics to the Finals in 96 tbh

Game 5 of the WCF, he played in crunch time with 5 fouls ans shat on Karl Malone

Too bad he got fat and lazy after that

hater
01-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Shawn Kemp

He carried the Sonics to the Finals in 96 tbh

Game 5 of the WCF, he played in crunch time with 5 fouls ans shat on Karl Malone

carried? come on now. that Sonic team was solid all around. Payton, Hawkins, McMillan, Perkins, Shrempf, Askew, Brickowski

they were lead by prime George Karl as well, he is the grandfather of what is now small ball and the fast ball 3 point shooting where even your bigman can shoot the 3. that team was the original prototype.

that said, prime Kemp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amare

lefty
01-06-2015, 12:55 PM
carried? come on now. that Sonic team was solid all around. Payton, Hawkins, McMillan, Perkins, Shrempf, Askew, Brickowski

they were lead by prime George Karl as well, he is the grandfather of what is now small ball and the fast ball 3 point shooting where even your bigman can shoot the 3. that team was the original prototype.

that said, prime Kemp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amare
yes the Sonics were STACKED

But in that 96 run, Kemp is the one who made big plays when it mattered

And when Chicago wasnt double teaming him, he just killed Rodman

ambchang
01-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Kemp > Amare.

More complete offensive game, better driving to the basket, better post game (neither were particularly good, but Kemp was better), much better defensive player.

Amare had a more consistent outside jumper, perhaps quicker but not as strong.

Both were foul magnets and have trouble taking care of the ball. Amare made more bone-headed mistakes during crunch time.

jeebus
01-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Knocking up women made him tired. :cry

lefty
01-06-2015, 01:55 PM
:cry poor dude

:cry wanted max $$$ to "feed his family"

:lmao

jeebus
01-06-2015, 02:06 PM
:cry poor dude

:cry wanted max $$$ to "feed his family"

:lmao

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/magic/burly18_022314.jpg

hater
01-06-2015, 02:07 PM

nig like to crush a lot. gets my respect :tu

lefty
01-06-2015, 02:14 PM
:cry that Kemp dunk on Uncle Cliffy

http://www.yougotdunkedon.com/2009/03/shawn-kemp-dunks-on-clifford-robinson.html

cantthinkofanything
01-06-2015, 02:16 PM
LOL. "Prime" Amar'e.

That's like buying Nickelback's Greatest Hits.

Killakobe81
01-06-2015, 02:19 PM
LOL. "Prime" Amar'e.

LOL

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-06-2015, 02:27 PM
LOL. "Prime" Amar'e.

Or reading your funny posts.

cantthinkofanything
01-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Or reading your funny posts.

So, you wanted people to pick Amar'e. And you like Nickelback. Got it.

Red Hawk #21
01-06-2015, 02:59 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/magic/burly18_022314.jpg

:rollin

Infinite_limit
01-06-2015, 03:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OPvh7jdeeo

ambchang
01-06-2015, 03:26 PM

Sigh ... compared to his prime

http://pic.pimg.tw/phatmen/1200830191.jpg

If only Kemp kept himself in shape, he could have helped the Blazers to a title.

Infinite_limit
01-06-2015, 03:32 PM
Shawn Kemp
Grant Hill

my favorite ever non-Bulls

ambchang
01-06-2015, 03:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OPvh7jdeeo

Kemp is my 2nd favourite in game dunker (behind Carter), and he threw down some vicious ones in his days.

The funny thing is, he had this image of an above the rim player, but was totally dominated by Mutombo in that upset series.

In fact, based on memory, it seems like Kemp struggles against the best of rim protectors (Mutombo, Robinson, Hakeem, Mourning).

hater
01-06-2015, 03:46 PM
not to mention nig had one of the best nicknames in NBA history

rainman

can you believe it? rainman. and he played in Seattle. wow just wow

Killakobe81
01-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Kemp is my 2nd favourite in game dunker (behind Carter), and he threw down some vicious ones in his days.

The funny thing is, he had this image of an above the rim player, but was totally dominated by Mutombo in that upset series.

In fact, based on memory, it seems like Kemp struggles against the best of rim protectors (Mutombo, Robinson, Hakeem, Mourning).

Kemp was a beast who bullied rodamn and the so-called GOAT Bulls. IF GP had a better series they may have had a chance to pull the upset. GP did put some defense on MJ and was probably worn out MJ was also a beast.

In game dunkers for me it's Nique Kemp and Vince in some order ... Blake and MJ just outside

ambchang
01-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Kemp was a beast who bullied rodamn and the so-called GOAT Bulls. IF GP had a better series they may have had a chance to pull the upset. GP did put some defense on MJ and was probably worn out MJ was also a beast.

In game dunkers for me it's Nique Kemp and Vince in some order ... Blake and MJ just outside

Kemp has no problems going past one on one defenders. Too quick for the strong guys, too strong for the quick guys. Not to mention Bulls Rodman was no where close to Pistons Rodman from a defensive standpoint. Only players in that age that could physically match up Kemp were Robinson and Hakeem.

Guys like Mutombo and Mourning though would block his shots at the rim.

Oh, and yes, Nique was amazing in his prime.

MJ had nice pretty dunks, but doesn't really do it as frequently though. Kobe was an awesome dunker back in the day as well.

Molotov
01-06-2015, 04:28 PM
LOL. "Prime" Amar'e.

Co sign

Ice009
01-06-2015, 05:07 PM
I've read numerous times over the years that Kemp was arguably the best player on the court in the '96 finals, which is one of the rare/only time that's been said with Jordan being on the other team.

Anyone here watch those finals?

dirk4mvp
01-06-2015, 05:12 PM
Was Kemp really that good? Seems like he gets caught up in just being a great in game dunker. Most of this forum dislikes Amare but he was a beast in his prime.

UZER
01-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Was Kemp really that good? Seems like he gets caught up in just being a great in game dunker. Most of this forum dislikes Amare but he was a beast in his prime.

Kemp had a solid career, pre fatness. But his 96 playoff run was very impressive. I remember I kept expecting him to choke or falter in the POs, but he actually balled the entire POs , especially the finals. Dude was a beast that series.

ambchang
01-06-2015, 06:50 PM
I've read numerous times over the years that Kemp was arguably the best player on the court in the '96 finals, which is one of the rare/only time that's been said with Jordan being on the other team.

Anyone here watch those finals?

Kemp was indeed the best player in that series. Part of it has to do with payton bottling up jordan, part of it had to do with Bulls not having the personnel to guard kemp.

Kemp's biggest issue was lack of discipline during the lockout. He got lazy and his game never returned.

He also had off court issues like kids and alcohol. He was also a malcontent when he got paid less than mcilvaine. He could have had been better for longer but that was never meant to be.

BatManu20
01-06-2015, 06:57 PM
Without Nash, Amar'e isn't half the product he was in PHX. He was a really good player, and a great offensive weapon when Nash was spoon-feeding him, but overall Kemp was the better player.

illmatic
01-06-2015, 09:14 PM
Amar'e pre microfracture was a beast in the making. Once he got that surgery he lost some of his athleticism which made him rely more on his jump shot. He could still occasionally drive on guys from the top of the key or face them up but he was much quicker before the surgery. Just like Penny, I'll always wonder 'what-if' with Amar'e.

Franklin
01-06-2015, 09:14 PM
Amare even the prime one was just a one-dimensional player who was made to look good by steve nash, ain't even comparable to the rain man tbh.

Technique
01-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Amar'e was a beast that bullied DHoward in the paint. His ability to knock down the mid range jumper kept the defense honest. Prime TimmyD had problems guarding the explosive sun star that was Amar'e.