PDA

View Full Version : Pop....

Mugen
01-06-2015, 11:07 PM
has lost his fucking mind :lmao

Malik Hairston
01-06-2015, 11:08 PM
He's been making some strange decisions lately, tbh..

Those 5-man subs, too..

He never usually opts to foul, either, not sure why he did it there:lol..

timtonymanu
Bring back Coach Bud. :depressed

hater
agree. this one is on Pop. terrible rotations. Overplayed Bonner again. Sat duncan and brought him back ice cold for the most important possession.

:lmao Pop what a stupid fuck

itzsoweezee
No Duncan for most of the 4th and 3rd, the Ayres & Bonner frontcourt, fouling with 8 seconds left and up by 3

Spurs just looking for ways to lose.

Malik Hairston
Why did he bring Duncan back in after sitting him for the entire quarter? If you're going to sit him, sit him:lol..

Why bring him back for the most important pass of the game?

hater
01-06-2015, 11:09 PM
I blame that bitch IMO

she's ruining the coaches up there :pctoss

Mugen
01-06-2015, 11:10 PM
-Playing TP, benching him in the 2nd half
-BS hockey subs
-2nd unit killing it in the 1st half, same lineup never sees the floor again
-Bonner cameo in the 3rd for zero reason
-No Timmy for the entire 4th qtr except for the last f'n possession
-Fouling when you're up 3 after being killed on the boards and horrible on the FT line

:lmao I'm forgetting like 20 things as well tbh....

midnightpulp
01-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Fouling up 3 was the right play.

Not his fault these sacks of shit can't make FTs and that Duncan was a dipshit.

Hate this fuckin' team right now. Every game is a goddamn root canal.

fresnodog
01-06-2015, 11:11 PM
I cant fkn believe this. They cant win the close games anymore.

Robz4000
01-06-2015, 11:12 PM
Spurs just don't have it this season.

cjw
01-06-2015, 11:12 PM
He did bring in Duncan to rebound this time though

bdictjames
01-06-2015, 11:13 PM
Timmy wasn't happy at all in that last possession. When will the Spurs ever wake up and know that there are many teams that would be wanting to have a chance at them right now. They just don't have championship mentality at this point.

Mugen
Fouling up 3 was the right play.

Not his fault these sacks of shit can't make FTs and that Duncan was a dipshit.

Hate this fuckin' team right now. Every game is a goddamn root canal.

:lol You've been an advocate of fouling in those situations but that was seriously the worst time to ever foul in that situation. If you don't think that then that's f'n retarded, Mid, sorry brah.

look_at_g_shred
I love this team.

FkLA
tbf depending on the outcome fans will bitch both ways about whether to foul or not when up 3

what makes it baffling is that the team wasnt hitting FTs

spurraider21
lol people bitch when pop doesn't foul, now they bitch that he does

People bitch when he takes Duncan out, now they bitch that he brought Duncan in

midnightpulp
-Playing TP, benching him in the 2nd half
-BS hockey subs
-2nd unit killing it in the 1st half, same lineup never sees the floor again
-Bonner cameo in the 3rd for zero reason
-No Timmy for the entire 4th qtr except for the last f'n possession
-Fouling when you're up 3 after being killed on the boards and horrible on the FT line

:lmao I'm forgetting like 20 things as well tbh....

That was bizarre.

I'm only following on gamecast, but how the TOSB cuckhold faggot turn the ball over? Why didn't the fuck just squeeze it, get fouled, and shoot the FTs? Pistons were out of TOs I think and probably wouldn't been able to do much off an FT miss.

This faggot team is mind boggingly stupid lately.

Malik Hairston
01-06-2015, 11:14 PM
The Spurs are probably the last team that should foul, tbh..even ignoring the botched pass, this team has to be the worst FT-shooting team in clutch time in the NBA..

Dre_7
01-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Free throws and Timmy's pass was the difference tonight. Spurs should have made a few more free throws and Timmy should have called a time out instead of forcing that pass.

bulakenyo
01-06-2015, 11:15 PM
haha

Mikeanaro
01-06-2015, 11:15 PM
FT%, that and the fact than detroit ran just 2 plays all game, one layup and one shot with Drummond around in case something fails this team is done.
Defense is atrocious, every random scrub can make a layup any time, and Offense sucks they rotate the ball 20 seconds wondering what to do seeing what happens result...TO and misses.

ElNono
01-06-2015, 11:16 PM
We were killing with the 2nd unit in the 2nd quarter, then he pulls everyone out, and never plays that lineup again the entire game...

Mad scientist Pop is frustrating as fuck...

Arc
there's a lot of people you can blame this loss on. pop isn't one of them.

he didn't make all those losers miss freebies and turn the ball over a thousand times.

cd021
2-6 FTs in money time

Mugen
01-06-2015, 11:17 PM
:lol If the Spurs don't foul there, Jennings probably throws up a fadeaway 25 footer. I've never questioned Pop's senility until tonight tbh.

Malik Hairston
01-06-2015, 11:17 PM
We were killing with the 2nd unit in the 2nd quarter, then he pulls everyone out, and never plays that lineup again the entire game...

I understand that Pop experiments a lot, but it doesn't seem like there's any structure to his rotations this season, tbh..

ChumpDumper
01-06-2015, 11:18 PM
lol people bitch when pop doesn't foul, now they bitch that he does

People bitch when he takes Duncan out, now they bitch that he brought Duncan inheh

midnightpulp
:lol You've been an advocate of fouling in those situations but that was seriously the worst time to ever foul in that situation. If you don't think that then that's f'n retarded, Mid, sorry brah.

How come?

You want to let Detroit get a look at a game tying buzzer beater 3?

All the Spurs have to do is not turn the fuckin' ball over with 7 seconds left and they win. But they're too stupid to even do that.

timtonymanu
Those stupid 2k lineups need to end. If not for the Asik gift, the Spurs would be 1-3 with that lineup experiment. :lol

The schedule is actually getting less draining. It doesn't make sense to go to it.

FkLA
01-06-2015, 11:19 PM
That was bizarre.

I'm only following on gamecast, but how the TOSB cuckhold faggot turn the ball over? Why didn't the fuck just squeeze it, get fouled, and shoot the FTs? Pistons were out of TOs I think and probably wouldn't been able to do much off an FT miss.

This faggot team is mind boggingly stupid lately.

inbounds pass

HI-FI
The MVP was that fuck in the audience, some piston fan kept yelling. Surprised no one didn't dump a beer on him.

ceperez
Wasn't this the same play that was messed up against the Berlin team?

Same exact sequence!

DesignatedT
Ehh it's not Pop's in game management. Guys are just sleepwalking and playing the majority of the game with little to no effort. Not sure what Pop can say to them to make them play with some urgency. Tim and Manu are just too old and are getting tired which is very worrisome. Some of the younger guys aren't picking up the slack; not because they can't but because they don't seem to want to.

jeebus
01-06-2015, 11:20 PM

:pop: But they were le tired :pop:

Floyd Pacquiao
01-06-2015, 11:20 PM
I'll never know why he took out the bench when they were rolling. Stupid arrogant old fuck.

Mikeanaro
01-06-2015, 11:21 PM
Boris... that fatfuck is pure shit right now.

ElNono
also, this was a game where Beli was actually scoring well... all of a sudden we're running a Cojo-Patty-Manu lineup :lol

boutons_deux
DG foul's a 92% FT shooter :lol

midnightpulp
The Spurs are probably the last team that should foul, tbh..even ignoring the botched pass, this team has to be the worst FT-shooting team in clutch time in the NBA..

But they're also the worst at defending game tying 3s in the final seconds. It's pick your poison with these sorry fucks this season.

ElNono
01-06-2015, 11:22 PM
:lol benches Boris for Bonner the entire 3rd quarter, we started with a 7pt lead and end up with a 10pt deficit

Mugen
How come?

All the Spurs have to do is not turn the fuckin' ball over with 7 seconds left and they win. But they're too stupid to even do that.

Because you play D for a single possession and you get the W tbh. Instead, you lengthen the game and turn it into a FT shooting contest when your team is arguably the worst FT shooting team in the clutch.

Robz4000
I think we have to seriously start looking at the possibility of the Spurs missing the playoffs this year tbh. Been saying it all season but it's definitely becoming more of a realistic possibility. If they lose to the Suns Friday they fall to the 8 seed with New Orleans and Meth a game back in the loss column.

midnightpulp
01-06-2015, 11:23 PM
inbounds pass

Even worse.

What a stupid fuckin' team.

ElNono
01-06-2015, 11:23 PM
I think we have to seriously start looking at the possibility of the Spurs missing the playoffs this year tbh. Been saying it all season but it's definitely becoming more of a realistic possibility. If they lose to the Suns Friday they fall to the 8 seed with New Orleans and Meth a game back in the loss column.

:lol calm down, Robz... we're not missing the playoffs

FkLA
01-06-2015, 11:24 PM
Ehh it's not Pop's in game management. Guys are just sleepwalking and playing the majority of the game with little to no effort. Not sure what Pop can say to them to make them play with some urgency. Tim and Manu are just too old and are getting tired which is very worrisome. Some of the younger guys aren't picking up the slack; not because they can't but because they don't seem to want to.

You mean like Enrique? Timmy and Manu put up a valiant effort carrying the team during the brutal month of December...wore themselves out so that Enrique could spend a month nursing a day-to-day injury.

Clipper Nation
Yeah, Pop is awful. Spurs should fire him immediately. Then Ballmer can finally get rid of Cock Quitters and back the Brinks truck up outside of Pop's house. :downspin:

DJR210
How does Pop get the blame over missed FT's down the stretch?

benefactor
My nig Robz always has one hand on the pistol tbh:lol

midnightpulp
Because you play D for a single possession and you get the W tbh. Instead, you lengthen the game and turn it into a FT shooting contest when your team is arguably the worst FT shooting team in the clutch.

We're also incredibly bad at defending game tying/game winning shots in the last seconds, too.

I still think the odds are better intentionally fouling in that situation.

Robz4000
01-06-2015, 11:25 PM

Been waiting for the Suns and Pelicans to start falling off but they keep coming. This is really starting to remind me of the 09-10 season, only the West is much, much better.

ducks
spurs had to much rest between games

MultiTroll
:lol If the Spurs don't foul there, Jennings probably throws up a fadeaway 25 footer. I've never questioned Pop's senility until tonight tbh.
Or he hits a greasy three.
With a foul, all Spurs had to do was inbound the fucking ball.

resistanze
01-06-2015, 11:26 PM
But they're also the worst at defending game tying 3s in the final seconds. It's pick your poison with these sorry fucks this season.

I'd go with defending the three when 2 players for 0-2 and another goes 1-2 at the FT line in the last few minutes.

Coupled with the face that you never/rarely I never see Pop foul in that situation.

spurs1990
Maybe van gunny was best man at his wedding.

Sure looked like he gifted that win.

Mugen
:lol T Park get in here and blame it on the fans tbh.

T Park

You people are fucking retarded.

benefactor
01-06-2015, 11:27 PM
:lol

T Park

I blame that stupid fuck Spurs jesus. That fucktard needs to quit that tired schtick.

spursparker9
Can the NBA trade coaches?

Pop for Bud would be nice

Robz4000
You people are fucking retarded.

:lol T Park's here

T Park
01-06-2015, 11:28 PM

Shhhh. They're experts.

ducks
pop needed tp tonight in 4

timtonymanu
Been waiting for the Suns and Pelicans to start falling off but they keep coming. This is really starting to remind me of the 09-10 season, only the West is much, much better.

I'll wait until Kawhi comes back. The Spurs can also go on a winning streak and move into the top 5 at best.

These losses are frustrating, but predictable. The Pistons are on a Josh Smith-less high and tonight's game was a trap game. It doesn't help that the Spurs throw away games so idiotically but they desperately need Kawhi.

T Park
01-06-2015, 11:30 PM
The team is missing it's first and second best players and people here think it's indicitive of the entire team.

Fucking morons.

Robz4000
01-06-2015, 11:30 PM
I predicted a loss tonight, but not like this. I'd say they'll prolly respond with a nice winning streak, but shit like this has been happening all season.

Mugen
01-06-2015, 11:31 PM
The team is missing it's first and second best players and people here think it's indicitive of the entire team.

Fucking morons.

:lol No Kawhi is no excuse for playing like the stupidest team in the league and Pop doing his best Byron Scott impression tbh.

rasuo214
01-06-2015, 11:32 PM
How come?

And make FTs. Normally I'd agree with you (although I also understand playing it out when we're able to put out a good defensive unit) but not on a night when they're struggling to hit FTs.

NASpurs
01-06-2015, 11:33 PM

Fucking morons.

Wtf are you talking about, Duncan and Manu played tonight.

TDfan2007
01-06-2015, 11:48 PM

Fucking morons.

Normally, I'd agree, but the Spurs had this game won and once again gave it away (like the 4th or 5th time this year). Tony and Kawhi's absence shouldn't make everyone on the team into mental midgets at the FT line, or cause everyone to check out on the defensive end.

I won't judge this team right now, and I certainly don't expect them to be a top 3 seed w/ 2 of our top dogs out/hampered by injury, but I expect wins against the Pelicans/Lakers/Pistons of the NBA world, and I expect better crunch time execution and FT shooting.

spurtech09
01-07-2015, 12:08 AM
I love this team.
you know whats crazy?...Me too

T Park
01-07-2015, 12:15 AM
:lol No Kawhi is no excuse for playing like the stupidest team in the league and Pop doing his best Byron Scott impression tbh.

So missing your second best player isn't an excuse. Gotcha thanks.

T Park
01-07-2015, 12:16 AM
Normally, I'd agree, but the Spurs had this game won and once again gave it away (like the 4th or 5th time this year). Tony and Kawhi's absence shouldn't make everyone on the team into mental midgets at the FT line, or cause everyone to check out on the defensive end.

I won't judge this team right now, and I certainly don't expect them to be a top 3 seed w/ 2 of our top dogs out/hampered by injury, but I expect wins against the Pelicans/Lakers/Pistons of the NBA world, and I expect better crunch time execution and FT shooting.

You expect better crunch time execution of Manu Corey Joseph Splitter Diaw and Patty Mills.

A combo that i guarantee has never played together.

Right on.

jbspurs
01-07-2015, 12:16 AM
No Duncan for most of the 4th and 3rd, the Ayres & Bonner frontcourt, fouling with 8 seconds left and up by 3

Spurs just looking for ways to lose.

Exactly! Why foul? :bang

T Park
01-07-2015, 12:17 AM
Wtf are you talking about, Duncan and Manu played tonight.

Troll somewhere else.

Mugen
01-07-2015, 12:19 AM

Not when you're playing the Pistons tbh :lol

jbspurs
01-07-2015, 12:25 AM

It was the decision to foul when they were up by 3.

therealtruth
01-07-2015, 12:31 AM
Pop's taking it easy right now. He just has to make sure he doesn't take it too easy. The West is too tough for this.

jbspurs
01-07-2015, 12:39 AM

I totally agree with you Mugen!

boutons_deux
01-07-2015, 12:43 AM
Not when you're playing the Pistons tbh :lol

... at home

kobyz
01-07-2015, 04:44 AM
fuck his beard. it's killing us...

kobyz
01-07-2015, 04:44 AM

hyhy
01-07-2015, 05:43 AM
Seriously? Pop chooses not to foul and the forum goes crazy. Now he fouls and you guys are still blaming him. Wtf do you guys wan him to do?

Ice009
01-07-2015, 06:11 AM
Well, just watched the game. Can't believe we threw away YET ANOTHER FUCKING GAME. Fouling was the right play IMO. Maybe the Basketball gods wanted fuck Pop over again for being a dickhead.

Either way, right play, but the Spurs are pussies. I'm tougher than these guys. If they want to give up, they can. If you guys want to give up, you can. I ain't giving up. I wouldn't have missed all those free throws. Definitely not in a regular season game. Spurs are mentally weak pussies right now.

They can either snap out of it or give up and let their season crumble.

Pop needs to wake up too. Sure we've had injuries, but this fucker has been nothing short of a disaster this season. Fucking shave that beard and for fucks sake, don't let Hammon wear pink on the bench during a game. That screams distraction. What happened to the Spurs conservative dress code. They wouldn't let their players wear pink shoes. Would you let one of the other players or assistant coaches wear a fucking pink suit to the game? Pop's gone soft and retarded this season.

Nathan89
01-07-2015, 06:38 AM
Fouling was a terrible decision. Our team was very liable to only have a two pt lead even if the inbound was made. We don't have anyone that is an almost guarantee at the end of games. That make it a bad decision given the weaknesses of this team. It may be a good decision on other teams. The decision becomes significantly worse when you factor in that Meeks is a much better ft shooter than the person we put on the line. So we will more often miss one of our fts than they will. I also thought the foul was a little early.

On top of that the pistons were 3-19 on 3pt shots. Stupid decision. I can't believe some of you thinking otherwise.

Ice009
01-07-2015, 06:48 AM
Fouling was a terrible decision. Our team was very liable to only have a two pt lead even if the inbound was made. We don't have anyone that is an almost guarantee at the end of games. That make it a bad decision given the weaknesses of this team. It may be a good decision on other teams. The decision becomes significantly worse when you factor in that Meeks is a much better ft shooter than the person we put on the line. So we will more often miss one of our fts than they will. I also thought the foul was a little early.

On top of that the pistons were 3-19 on 3pt shots. Stupid decision. I can't believe some of you thinking otherwise.

It's the right play. It's the Spurs problem if they are mentally weak.

Sorry, I don't excuse them for being mentally weak. The strategy is sound, but the Spurs fundamentals are not.

Brazil
01-07-2015, 07:01 AM
Spurs are a mess right now and Pop is not helping

but this team healthy can put together a double winning streak at any point imo

urunobili
01-07-2015, 07:23 AM

I think the beard jinx deserves its own thread....

SayTown
01-07-2015, 07:42 AM
5 has gone to Pops head, he needs to get over himself

George Gervin's Afro
01-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Without reading any posts in this thread, I must say that last night was the worst coaching job by Pop in a game than I can remember. Why do you foul with 8 seconds left up by 3? after you just missed 6 of 8 free throws?

AaronY
01-07-2015, 09:50 AM
What was the deal with Ayres playing..is Baynes dead or something?

boutons_deux
01-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Baynes had a sore neck or something.

mkurts
01-07-2015, 10:44 AM
The team is probably looking at the 5th seed at this time so Pop does not care

Johnsyounger
01-07-2015, 10:46 AM
if we had won this thread wouldn't exist. Quit questioning Pop from your moms basement. He knows what he's doing. You dont...

Mugen
01-07-2015, 01:20 PM
if we had won this thread wouldn't exist. Quit questioning Pop from your moms basement. He knows what he's doing. You dont...

:lol Shame you don't understand basic basketball strategy. Pop's fucked up plenty of times in the past, he's not beyond criticism tbh.

Legacy
01-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Baynes had a sore neck or something.

Yeah, he was having neck spasms.

Slippy
01-07-2015, 08:39 PM
You expect better crunch time execution of Manu Corey Joseph Splitter Diaw and Patty Mills.

A combo that i guarantee has never played together.

Right on.

If pop continues with 5 off 5 on sub pattern even when these guys are well rested then it will be hard to get that familiarity. Numerous combos wont get that chance to play together at all.

timtonymanu
01-07-2015, 09:41 PM

Ugh. Fans like this are just as annoying as the cliff-jumpers. Of course, knowledgeable fans respect Pop. It doesn't mean that he doesn't make bonehead decisions sometimes.

wildchild
01-07-2015, 10:05 PM
The team is missing it's first and second best players

Belinelli playing as SF took 3 rebounds, Manu 3 rebounds, Diaw...3 rebounds, Augustin 19 scored points, Drummond 20 points, Monroe 17 points...

I always see Parker as an amazing offensive player but never like a two-way player who can score, play great defense against the opposition's best perimeter player, rebound, helps bigs...

The guy who can does these things at Leonard's level is the best player on this team.

wildchild
01-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Pop is still doing his best John Calipari's impersonation with the hockey line change...It isn't innovative, is just another bad idea.

Ice009
01-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Pop is still doing his best John Calipari's impersonation with the hockey line change...It isn't innovative, is just another bad idea.

So Pop ripped that idea off from another coach. Did it work for Calipari or anyone else that has tried it? Did anyone else have success with it for more than a few games?

wildchild
01-07-2015, 10:31 PM
Did anyone else have success with it for more than a few games?
No.

For example, North Carolina rolled out a "platoon system" in 2010. Ranked number 13 at the time, the team quickly rolled off nine loses in next 11 games.

Chomag
01-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Pop's Ego is his biggest weakness.

Johnsyounger
01-08-2015, 02:15 PM
:lol Shame you don't understand basic basketball strategy. Pop's fucked up plenty of times in the past, he's not beyond criticism tbh.
Of course he does. Game is easy to play in reverse, and your nary qualified to make an "coaching" decisions. Standard SA logic. I eat Whataburger 3 times a week and Taco Cabana the other days. Me coach good. This board has been on the downward for a long time.....

cantthinkofanything
01-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Of course he does. Game is easy to play in reverse, and your nary qualified to make an "coaching" decisions. Standard SA logic. I eat Whataburger 3 times a week and Taco Cabana the other days. Me coach good. This board has been on the downward for a long time.....

http://i.qkme.me/3534a8.jpg

Mugen
01-13-2015, 09:17 PM
:lol 2015 Pop

timtonymanu
01-13-2015, 09:18 PM
Another night of shitty coaching decisions. :lol

Oh in before :cry don't disrespect Pop. You're not a Spurs fan.

Fuck off. I love Pop, but his mad scientist mode has been frustrating. :lol

NASpurs
01-13-2015, 09:20 PM
Another night of shitty coaching decisions. :lol

Oh in before :cry don't disrespect Pop. You're not a Spurs fan.

Fuck off. I love Pop, but his mad scientist mode has been frustrating. :lol

:lol I like the morons that are going to mockingly accuse you of knowing more than Poop.

UZER
01-13-2015, 09:24 PM
What the eff is pop doing? :lol

Mugen
01-13-2015, 09:24 PM
-Neutering red hot Patty to give token possessions to TP
-Bobo best player in the 4th, taken out for Bonner
-Mind boggling lineups/rotations all season long

:lol Pop has to actively have been throwing games, otherwise I'd be really worried about his thought process so far tbh....

Chomag
01-13-2015, 09:40 PM
Pop has to be throwing these games out of bordom on purpose right? So he can add a never before seen season comeback story to his legacy right!?!

I honestly have no clue what he is doing.

ElNono
01-13-2015, 09:41 PM
-Neutering red hot Patty to give token possessions to TP
-Bobo best player in the 4th, taken out for Bonner
-Mind boggling lineups/rotations all season long

:lol Pop has to actively have been throwing games, otherwise I'd be really worried about his thought process so far tbh....

I just wonder if none of the assistant coaches notice this stuff? :lol

NASpurs
01-13-2015, 09:43 PM
Pop has to be throwing these games out of bordom on purpose right? So he can add a never before seen season comeback story to his legacy right!?!

I honestly have no clue what he is doing.

"First 8th seed to win the NBA Championship". I wouldn't doubt that ego. :lol