PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol and Tim Duncan

dabom
01-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Would we have enough cap space to sign marc gasol and tim duncan and then kawhi?

Someone make it work and explain which players we could lose to make that happen. Assume we keep tiago too.

dabom
01-07-2015, 06:30 PM
Could tim sign like a 7mil a year deal?

jermaine
01-07-2015, 07:44 PM
He's not leaving Memphis 1st of all. 2ndly, teams are gonna be throwing all kinds of cash at him. So spurs will get outbid tremendously.

Chinook
01-07-2015, 07:47 PM
:wakeup

cjw
01-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Gasol and Aldridge simply aren't happening unless something drastic takes place. If Manu retires and we move on from one of the PG, Dragic is a more likely given he can play as an undersized 2. A guy like Millsap would be nice but if Timmy comes back there simply isn't enough PT to go around among the bigs.

If it is in fact the end of Tim/Manu, let the other teams fight it out for the couple of studs (can reach out to them but don't wait) and hope others fall through the cracks to you.

SupremeGuy
01-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Resigning Kawhi and Danny is probably their first priority, then see how much we have left to offer a big. Wouldn't be surprised if Manu and Tim comeback on cheap contracts.

cjw
01-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Resigning Kawhi and Danny is probably their first priority, then see how much we have left to offer a big. Wouldn't be surprised if Manu and Tim comeback on cheap contracts.

Right, but all that matters is their cap holds - particularly as it relates to Leonard as he's restricted (Green's not). It's probably going to cost $25 million combined for the two of them

stxspurs
01-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Greg Monroe??....i doubt he wants to stay in Detroit

Roger Freemason Jr.
01-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Greg Monroe is our most realistic get. For this, I play a lamentation.

stxspurs
01-07-2015, 10:44 PM
I was down around 10 rows from floor and Monroe looked like someone they could work with. I like his game. Gasol or LMA is just a dream. hope im wrong

BatManu20
01-08-2015, 12:15 AM
Neither Marc Gasol nor Greg Monroe are signing with the Spurs.. accept it, tbh.

ClipperLuva
01-08-2015, 12:30 AM
No known impact player is signing in SA. SA could win every year for 10 years, people would sign elsewhere because for as much as they talk about wanting that ring, they really just want that lifestyle and that money. They know the story in SA, you have to toe the Spurs line, they like being able to act out, shoot people outside clubs, rape women, all that shit. You could pile all these wishful thinking threads in one pile and you'd not get a decent player out of the group in the history of the team. Spurs draft well and they find niche guys. Then they have the best trainers and coaches in the league. Then they ignore all the fan noise about trade deadlines and up and coming free agents, and they stand pat, and they win. That's it.

BillMc
01-08-2015, 08:25 AM

Agree, though they are already on as cheap a contracts as I think we can realistically hope.

100%duncan
01-08-2015, 08:39 AM
Marc is a pipe dream and it will be even less likely if TD stays because 1.) Marc would want to be the guy 2.) TD's contract will take up space giving us less money to throw at Marc.

jeebus
01-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Get him for the minimum, why not