PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Batum or Parsons?

mavsfan1000
01-07-2015, 08:19 PM
Which player would you rather have?

Double-Up
01-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Batum...without a fucking doubt.

Double-Up
01-07-2015, 08:28 PM
At their current contracts of course. :lol

lil_penny
01-07-2015, 09:04 PM
This season parsons has been better imo, Batum up until the last week or so has been frustrating to watch

testies
01-07-2015, 09:05 PM
neither

01-07-2015, 09:21 PM
Kawhi

Chris
01-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Kawhi

:lol

apalisoc_9
01-07-2015, 09:40 PM
Kawhi

A top 15 player shouldn't be mentioned together with top 40 players...

timtonymanu
01-07-2015, 09:42 PM

Spurs fans do that with him and Enrique so why not?

UZER
01-07-2015, 10:00 PM
Batman

Venti Quattro
01-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Nicolas Batum

lefty
01-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Neither

Franklin
01-08-2015, 09:22 AM
I'd rather have 10-15m/yr space at hand and sign someone else with the money (like monta ellis who only gets paid 8m/yr something). Both guys are sort of overpaid, tbh.

tlongII
01-08-2015, 10:04 AM
This season parsons has been better imo, Batum up until the last week or so has been frustrating to watch

True. I'd still take Batum though. He's just been shooting poorly.

100%duncan
01-08-2015, 10:11 AM
I'd take the non-metrosexual faggot

hater
01-08-2015, 10:20 AM
Danny Green tbh

cheaper and better at everything

Phillip
01-08-2015, 11:10 AM
Parsons is clearly more talented by a mile.

While it depends on team needs, in probably 8/10 scenarios I would take Parsons.

Phillip
01-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Danny Green tbh

cheaper and better at everything

By everything you mean spot up shooting?

Shaq was a better ball handler than Danny Green :lol

hater
01-08-2015, 12:59 PM
By everything you mean spot up shooting?

Shaq was a better ball handler than Danny Green :lol

Sure Green is a terrible bad handler but Parson and Batum are nothing to write home about.

yet Green is miles ahead in shooting, defense, blocks, rebounding and everything else.

its a no brainer

Phillip
01-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Sure Green is a terrible bad handler but Parson and Batum are nothing to write home about.

yet Green is miles ahead in shooting, defense, blocks, rebounding and everything else.

its a no brainer

lol no

spot up shooting and thats it.

Killakobe81
01-08-2015, 01:36 PM
lol no

chandler is the better ball handler and finisher ...
But Green has proven to be more than just a spot up shooter. He is a good not great passer has improved his drives a tad, but has become one of the better defenders and tbh without KL most of the year has been the Spurs best defender and should get DPOTY consideration. He has been what Batum should be and excels at what Parsons is just OK at.

Long-term I may choose Parson but for winning a title right now I take Green easily over both.

Splits
01-08-2015, 01:41 PM
lol no

Uhh, no. You must not watch the Spurs if you think that. Green is an elite perimeter defender, can guard 1-3 and smallball 4s, by far the best transition defender in the league, added a pretty consistent floater this offseason, and while his handle sucks he doesn't turn the ball over. Also, on the biggest stage for 2 straight years he's been unconscious and doesn't fold under pressure, while Portions and Nicky are exiting in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

dirk4mvp
01-08-2015, 02:36 PM
crofl as if Green's success isn't situational. Scrub got cut by the Cavs

hater
01-08-2015, 02:42 PM
I have no problem anyone choosing Parson or Batum over green tbh. go right ahead.

but I myself would most definitely pick the cheaper guy who is at the moment possibly the best shooter in the league and also an elite defender. no brainer

Killakobe81
01-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Uhh, no. You must not watch the Spurs if you think that. Green is an elite perimeter defender, can guard 1-3 and smallball 4s, by far the best transition defender in the league, added a pretty consistent floater this offseason, and while his handle sucks he doesn't turn the ball over. Also, on the biggest stage for 2 straight years he's been unconscious and doesn't fold under pressure, while Portions and Nicky are exiting in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

I posted upstairs I only have seen maybe 12 Spur games. This year. every game I watch that has been Close (GSW, LAL of course) he makes a huge 3 in the 4th followed by a chase block or key steal. How many elite defenders are there in the league? Tony Allen? K. A locked in Ariza? Maybe. Lebron has not been an elite defender for over two seasons. Kiwi is hurt. LOL at Harden as an elite defender so so outside of Dwight, tyson, Noah, butler I may vote Green. He should at least get aLL NBA Defense 2nd team consideration unless he gets torched all the games I miss. Not saying he is Bowen or Pippen but more like the Lebron, Paul George level of elite defender ... outside of Kiwi no on e has defended Lebronn better recently tbh

Phillip
01-08-2015, 03:07 PM
chandler is the better ball handler and finisher ...
But Green has proven to be more than just a spot up shooter. He is a good not great passer has improved his drives a tad, but has become one of the better defenders and tbh without KL most of the year has been the Spurs best defender and should get DPOTY consideration. He has been what Batum should be and excels at what Parsons is just OK at.

Long-term I may choose Parson but for winning a title right now I take Green easily over both.

Yes I agree he's a solid defender. Not DPOY material though.

However, Batum and Parsons both have noticeably more natural talent and ability than Green.

He also has had the luxury of being on a fantastic team with fantastic coaching. The "exiting in the 1st and 2nd rounds" is stupid beyond belief to knock a role player for. Knocking stars for their team underachieving is one thing, knocking role players for being on teams that don't win championships because they are not championship caliber is stupid.

crofl as if Green's success isn't situational. Scrub got cut by the Cavs

This. He's on a well coached team where his specific skills are highly needed and utilized (spot up shooter and scrappy defense). On other teams, he most likely would not have quite the same level of success elsewhere, much like Brandon Wright after he left Dallas.

In general, unless you have strong ball handling abilities for your position, you will never be anything more than a 4th or 5th option role player at best on any legit team. Green will never be more than what he is right now (5th option at best). Parsons and Batum both can be much more than that.

Leave it to spurfans to overrate yet another one of their role players. Now they think they have Ron Artest 3.0 on their hands :rollin

hater
01-08-2015, 03:12 PM
BS

Marco Ferrari Benchinelli plays for the Spurs and his defense is dogshit. Same with Gary Neal. Spurs system does not automatically make somone an elite defender. Green is a combo of elite defender + dead eye shooter. a lethal combo and for the price, it's dynamite

without Green Spurs record would be below Lakers level

Killakobe81
01-08-2015, 03:18 PM

However, Batum and Parsons both have noticeably more natural talent and ability than Green.

He also has had the luxury of being on a fantastic team with fantastic coaching. The "exiting in the 1st and 2nd rounds" is stupid beyond belief to knock a role player for. Knocking stars for their team underachieving is one thing, knocking role players for being on teams that don't win championships because they are not championship caliber is stupid.

This. He's on a well coached team where his specific skills are highly needed and utilized (spot up shooter and scrappy defense). On other teams, he most likely would not have quite the same level of success elsewhere, much like Brandon Wright after he left Dallas.

In general, unless you have strong ball handling abilities for your position, you will never be anything more than a 4th or 5th option role player at best on any legit team. Green will never be more than what he is right now (5th option at best). Parsons and Batum both can be much more than that.

Leave it to spurfans to overrate yet another one of their role players. Now they think they have Ron Artest 3.0 on their hands :rollin

I agree with you Phillip if I had to sign someone long-term I would probably take Parsons first, despite his lack of defense ...I think he has the most upside I doubt Batum ever meets his and Green is at his "peak" already tbh.

Phillip
01-08-2015, 05:00 PM
BS

Marco Ferrari Benchinelli plays for the Spurs and his defense is dogshit. Same with Gary Neal. Spurs system does not automatically make somone an elite defender. Green is a combo of elite defender + dead eye shooter. a lethal combo and for the price, it's dynamite

without Green Spurs record would be below Lakers level

No one said Green is a poor defender.

spurraider21
01-08-2015, 05:12 PM

lol mad

DPG21920
01-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Green is easily better at basketball (not every facet, but the ones that matter) than Batum/Parsons. Even if his skillset doesn't get him paid (because scorers are who get paid typically), hes better than both those guys.

unleashbaynes
01-08-2015, 06:12 PM
b-b-b-b-but Green and Leonard are role players that get carried by the mighty big 3 :cry

Splits
01-08-2015, 06:15 PM
If Manu doesn't turn the ball over 8 times and miss a FT late in the 4th of 6, Green has a fMVP to his name

sook
01-08-2015, 06:31 PM

:lmao

hater
01-08-2015, 06:35 PM
If Manu doesn't turn the ball over 8 times and miss a FT late in the 4th of 6, Green has a fMVP to his name

Truth satirical magazine driveby

KL2
01-08-2015, 06:38 PM

Name 15 players better than him. Keep in consideration defense is the other 50% of the game.

sook
01-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Name 15 players better than him. Keep in consideration defense is the other 50% of the game.

sook
01-08-2015, 06:46 PM
chris paul
Kevin Durant
RW
Curry
Griffin
CP3
AD
Cousins
Harden
Klay Thompson
Lebron James
Chris Bosh
Jimmy Butler
Noah
Love
Cancer Melo (maybe, can't deny his talent)
John Wall
Beal
Aldridge
Howard (once he gets back from injury)
Lowry
Dragic
Fat Gasol

That's just me vomiting out names at this point, to tell you how much effort it took :lol

Also, don't overestimate defense so much into your player ranking formula, if so, might as well put Tony Allen real high too.

DPG21920
01-08-2015, 06:53 PM

in2deep
01-08-2015, 07:05 PM
chris paul
Kevin Durant
RW
Curry
Griffin
CP3
AD
Cousins
Harden
Klay Thompson
Lebron James
Chris Bosh
Jimmy Butler
Noah
Love
John Wall
Beal
Aldridge
Lowry
Dragic
Fat Gasol

That's just me vomiting out names at this point, to tell you how much effort it took :lol

Also, don't overestimate defense so much into your player ranking formula, if so, might as well put Tony Allen real high too.

come on son. Bosh? Beal? Dragic? better than Kawhi???

have some self respect

KL2
01-08-2015, 07:27 PM
chris paul
Kevin Durant
RW
Curry
Griffin
CP3
AD
Cousins
Harden
Klay Thompson
Lebron James
Chris Bosh
Jimmy Butler
Noah
Love
John Wall
Beal
Aldridge
Lowry
Dragic
Fat Gasol

Defense wins championships, don't you realize that yet? All these teams with their stacked offense and poor defense or even average, they NEVER win lol, year after year. They get wins but it's all fools gold, that's what most fans and even franchises don't realize. When was the last time team without an elite defense didn't win a championship? What is the point of building a team that will only get you regular season wins?

Leonard is better than Thompson, Butler, Melo, Wall, Dragic, Lowry, Beal, Bosh, even owned the hell out of both Griffin and Cp3 this year as well, made them his bitches tbh.

A lot of those guys get to play in the leastern conference as well, Leonard could easily average 20+ over there. Can't wait until Leonard gets fully healthy this year, it'll start reflecting in his stats. (Also plays less mins that all those guys)

Leonard/Green have been the Spurs' perimeter defense for years, and what wins championships? Defense. Duncan's defense fell off a couple years ago, Green, Leonard/ Splitter helped revive it. If you look at the roster the only average defenders are really Joseph/Mills/Manu, Parker/Diaw/Belli/Ayres/Daye/Anderson/Bonner/Baynes are all very poor defenders (Diaw's defense has really fallen off), Parker I believe has been the 10th worst defender in the entire NBA, Belli is up there with him as well as Bonner, Baynes, Ayres, hell literally all of these guys have been a liability on defense this year. They all suck at rebounding as well.

Splitter/Duncan are the only other elite defenders on the roster, and Splitter was injured this whole year, 1 out of the 3 average defenders, Mills, has also been injured. Spurs still had a top 5 defense this year thanks to Leonard/Green and Duncan, and as I said before, both those guys helped elevate Duncan's game.

Defense also creates offense, and Leonard is key to the Spurs' offense the way he pushes the ball off of rebounds and steals. He always pushes the ball up court creating all sorts of mismatches, Spurs break down the already discombobulated defense even more and get easy buckets. Things like that won't show up on the stat sheet.

Franklin
01-08-2015, 08:42 PM
leonard is your future franchise player, while Green's ceiling is just a solid role player as he is.

Phillip
01-08-2015, 09:51 PM
lol mad

lol mad

Phillip
01-08-2015, 09:52 PM
Green is easily better at basketball (not every facet, but the ones that matter) than Batum/Parsons. Even if his skillset doesn't get him paid (because scorers are who get paid typically), hes better than both those guys.

Stupid.

Robz4000
01-08-2015, 09:57 PM
chris paul
Kevin Durant
RW
Curry
Griffin
CP3
AD
Cousins
Harden
Klay Thompson
Lebron James
Chris Bosh
Jimmy Butler
Noah
Love
John Wall
Beal
Aldridge
Lowry
Dragic
Fat Gasol

:lol lot of terrible names on that list

Robz4000
01-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Also, I'd take Parsons due to being younger, though I'd like to see Batum playing under a better coach.

DPG21920
01-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Stupid.

Not at all. There's a huge difference in being "more gifted" vs being actually more impactful on teams that have a desire to win. Danny's game and his abiity to impact both sides of the ball outweigh his flaws when compared to a guy like Parsons'/Batum's impact. Given, they don't really play the same position (Green is a SG, while the other two are SF's), if you replace Parsons/Batum with Green both those teams get better.

Malik Hairston
01-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Both players are nothing special, particularly Parsons, tbh..

Batum's shooting is a huge flaw, he was mediocre in the past 2 playoff runs, and has probably been one of the worst starters in the NBA among playoff teams this season..I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, though, it's probably just an off-season..overall, at least he's a solid passer that can play point-forward and an above average defensive player..

Parsons doesn't do anything at a high level, he's one of the most overrated players in the NBA..he's a slightly above average overall player that doesn't have a niche that makes him useful to a championship team..realistically, he is only known because he's White IMO..he literally doesn't do anything at a high level:lol..I don't even know how you can utilize Parsons on a contender..even on this current Mavs team, he has been really mediocre..

Malik Hairston
01-08-2015, 10:30 PM
People mistake playing 1 vs. 1 with role on a championship team:lol..

apalisoc_9
01-08-2015, 10:48 PM
chris paul
Kevin Durant
RW
Curry
Griffin
CP3
AD
Cousins
Harden
Klay Thompson
Lebron James
Chris Bosh
Jimmy Butler
Noah
Love
John Wall
Beal
Aldridge
Lowry
Dragic
Fat Gasol

Mainstrean NBA fans..

Still thinks Noah is good...The third best player for the Bulls is better than the beset Player for the defending champs..

Mainstream dumbass fans..

hard to argue with this kind:lol

sook
01-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Mainstrean NBA fans..

Still thinks Noah is good...The third best player for the Bulls is better than the beset Player for the defending champs..

Mainstream dumbass fans..

hard to argue with this kind:lol
I like the response, the irony was overwhelming though GNSF. Kiwi ass pimple kisser :lol, photoshopping his god in jerseys too stupid to realize that playing within the spurs system is the best thing for him. Aren't you like 12 though anyways, how much do you really know? I remember reading that a while back. That or you're HH's troll.

Mikeanaro
01-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Batum, but none of them over Green.

Robz4000
01-08-2015, 10:54 PM
I will say this though, 15 players on that list are better than Kawhi, so he did prove his point...

sook
01-08-2015, 10:57 PM
:lol lot of terrible names on that list

I actually cringed while writing Melo in, almost Irving but just couldn't...but just about everyone of those guys is a better centerpiece for starting a team with. When evaluating players and you're not in that top (8) range, it becomes difficult...mostly because of fit issues. Guy #2 might be worse than guy #9 for a particular team for example...so a centerpiece building block is how I would place a certain value on x or y. Duncan has a load of credentials to back him up , but in that all time list one of the biggest things I feel he has is that he was able to remain a building block for one of the most competitive franchises in sports for close to 2 decades. Kawi just isn't that guy...he's a damn good player, but not top 15.

apalisoc_9
01-08-2015, 10:58 PM
Noah..

Mainstream Fan..:lmao

Noah :lmao

apalisoc_9
01-08-2015, 11:00 PM
I actually cringed while writing Melo in, almost Irving but just couldn't...but just about everyone of those guys is a better centerpiece for starting a team with. When evaluating players and you're not in that top (8) range, it becomes difficult...mostly because of fit issues. Guy #2 might be worse than guy #9 for a particular team for example...so a centerpiece building block is how I would place a certain value on x or y. Duncan has a load of credentials to back him up , but in that all time list one of the biggest things I feel he has is that he was able to remain a building block for one of the most competitive franchises in sports for close to 2 decades. Kawi just isn't that guy...he's a damn good player, but not top 15.

mainstream fan trying to sound smart...:lol

Hilarious...:lol

sook
01-08-2015, 11:01 PM
I will say this though, 15 players on that list are better than Kawhi, so he did prove his point...

yup.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll295/pelao0o/ownage.gif

Splits
01-08-2015, 11:03 PM
Put aside the fact that Green is an elite perimeter defender and the best transition defender in the game...

The dude has proven in b2b Finals that he is fucking money when he's given an inch of space. How many other shooters can claim that accolade? He set the Finals record for 3s in 5 fucking games! Dude is going to get paid this summer. I don't deny he's a product of the system, and had he not been given multiple chances by Pop to prove himself he'd probably be playing in Serbia, but you can't ignore his acomplishments.

Been there done that >>> Potential

Gummi Clutch
01-08-2015, 11:06 PM
mainstream fan trying to sound smart...:lol

Hilarious...:lol

Stop making us all look bad you dumbass, there are 15 players on that list far better than Kawhi. Your takes are so bad I'm surprised you haven't gotten banished from upstairs...still remember all that Patty hate before he took a wet shit on your face? Kawhi is top 25~ and we're lucky to have him.

Your sig is disgusting btw you bandwagoning shit.

Robz4000
01-08-2015, 11:06 PM

There's only like 6 or 7 players in the NBA to build a team around tbh. Just because Kawhi isn't one of them doesn't mean he isn't a top player.

Players to build around:
Lebron (if he isn't declining as rapidly as it seems this season)
Durant
Davis
Fat Gasol
Cousins (if he's done being a cancer)
Griffin (with a good defensive Center)
Westbrook (with a strong #2)

The rest of those you listed are best as a #2 or #3.

apalisoc_9
01-08-2015, 11:10 PM
You don't need your third wheel to be a better all-around player..Parson and Batum are both overall better players, but they are not elite at anything..

Teams that continue to judge value in terms of overall talent will always be shitty..The only time you look at overall talent and potential is when they are clearly top 2 players in their teams..neither of these players are top 2 players.

Green is both Elite in the defensive end and three point shooting..That's what you need out of your third best or fourth best player..

sook
01-08-2015, 11:11 PM
There's only like 6 or 7 players in the NBA to build a team around tbh. Just because Kawhi isn't one of them doesn't mean he isn't a top player.

Players to build around:
Lebron (if he isn't declining as rapidly as it seems this season)
Durant
Davis
Fat Gasol
Cousins (if he's done being a cancer)
Griffin (with a good defensive Center)
Westbrook (with a strong #2)

The rest of those you listed are best as a #2 or #3.

You're right, but I didn't say they were good pieces to build around, just that they would be better. He's probably 23ish, but deff. not top 15.

apalisoc_9
01-08-2015, 11:12 PM
Noah..

I can't stop laughing..

Anyone who thinks Noah is a top 20 player in the league is your definition of Mainstream..

Not even the third best player in a choking team...

Mainstream fans :lol

Bradley Beal..

Mainstream :lmao

Robz4000
01-08-2015, 11:18 PM
You're right, but I didn't say they were good pieces to build around, just that they would be better. He's probably 23ish, but deff. not top 15.

No, Leonard is easily Top 20. I'd say 16 or 17 tbh. From your list the bolded players aren't as good:

chris paul
Kevin Durant
RW
Curry
Griffin
CP3
AD
Cousins
Harden
Klay Thompson
Lebron James
Chris Bosh
Jimmy Butler
Noah
Love
John Wall
Beal
Aldridge
Lowry
Dragic
Fat Gasol

I'm on the fence about Love; wanna see him on a team where he's a clear #1 or #2 option with complimenting pieces.

Malik Hairston
01-08-2015, 11:19 PM
How did Bradley Beal enter this conversation, tbh?:lol..he's an above average player that hasn't done anything in the league..

apalisoc_9
01-08-2015, 11:22 PM
How did Bradley Beal enter this conversation, tbh?:lol..he's an above average player that hasn't done anything in the league..

Bradley Beal....:lmao

apalisoc_9
01-08-2015, 11:24 PM
Sook is your definition of Mainstream fan tbh..

Probably has slanted eyes and wears glasses, tbh.

Or some White boy with a basketball cap or some shit...

Every post he makes reeks of Mainstream..tbh.

Bradley Beal

100%duncan
01-09-2015, 12:52 AM
lol gook