PDA

View Full Version : Detroit just beat Dallas by 13 in Dallas

Embedded
01-07-2015, 10:49 PM
I don't feel so bad now. You know who should feel bad - Josh Smith. I know publicly athletes always say the right thing - but DAYUM this has to be in his head.

ElNono
01-07-2015, 10:51 PM
We actually are the only W they have in this little run that was under 10 pts... it's not an excuse to choke that game away, but tbh, I can't remember the last team that had such turnaround by just ejecting a player as opposed to adding one...

Aremid
01-07-2015, 10:52 PM
I'm pissed. Dallas and Memphis lost tonigt. A win yesterday would've moved us up a game

cd021
01-07-2015, 11:02 PM
^always seems like when a couple of the top teams in the west lose we can't make up any ground

itzsoweezee
01-07-2015, 11:06 PM
I can't remember the last team that had such turnaround by just ejecting a player as opposed to adding one...

Raptors and Rudy Gay

ElNono
01-07-2015, 11:12 PM
Actually, ejecting Richard Jefferson might be up there, tbh

baseline bum
01-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Actually, ejecting Richard Jefferson might be up there, tbh

Yeah, went from first round flameout to WCF flameout to NBA Finals flameout to NBA title :toast

Ice009
01-07-2015, 11:15 PM
This is a great run from Detroit after dumping Smith. Big win in Dallas. I wasn't sure they could pull this one off, so I will say great effort from the Pistons. I wonder if the Spurs win propelled them tonight?

For the Spurs, it makes it even worse that they were in control of that game and should have won. No excuse that they lost that one even after letting Detroit back in it. They still should have won it late in the 4th being up. It's even more amazingly annoying considering how bad we've been playing with all these injuries that they could easily be 2nd or 3rd seed right now if they didn't blow all these games.

The Spurs are nowhere nearing being done if/when they can get healthy, but so far they've just totally fucked themselves over. That's what's so frustrating about all this.

Has Pop blown this regular season seeding because he was scared of the Thunder finishing 7th or 8th? I wonder if that played a part in him resting players early in the season. He really shouldn't have been resting anyone in the first month, only when the schedule got tougher in December is when he should have started doing it IMO. I think the Thunder injuries influenced him in being a dickhead to start out this season.

dabom
01-07-2015, 11:17 PM
Why the fuck is this in the spurs forum?

pgardn
01-07-2015, 11:20 PM
So does this make Carlisle as dumb as Pop?

Mikeanaro
01-07-2015, 11:22 PM
So does this make Carlisle as dumb as Pop?
Dumber I say
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/09/09/dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.jpg

cjw
01-07-2015, 11:29 PM
I think they have a shot at the playoffs in the East as Miami and Brooklyn are on thin ice. Charlotte recovered a bit too from early season crapping the bed

spurs1990
01-07-2015, 11:31 PM
Has Pop blown this regular season seeding because he was scared of the Thunder finishing 7th or 8th? I wonder if that played a part in him resting players early in the season. He really shouldn't have been resting anyone in the first month, only when the schedule got tougher in December is when he should have started doing it IMO. I think the Thunder injuries influenced him in being a dickhead to start out thi
s season.

Interestingly enough that's fair speculation. Why not avoid those sobs.

Just hoping it doesn't backfire.

dabom
01-07-2015, 11:32 PM
I think they have a shot at the playoffs in the East as Miami and Brooklyn are on thin ice. Charlotte recovered a bit too from early season crapping the bed

Spurs detroit final?

SpurPadre
01-07-2015, 11:48 PM
We actually are the only W they have in this little run that was under 10 pts... it's not an excuse to choke that game away, but tbh, I can't remember the last team that had such turnaround by just ejecting a player as opposed to adding one...

If we cut Bonner and do nothing more, we'll win out, tbh.

Ice009
01-08-2015, 12:08 AM
Interestingly enough that's fair speculation. Why not avoid those sobs.

Just hoping it doesn't backfire.

What I'm saying is that I think Pop thought the Thunder would finish 7th or 8th, so he didn't really want the 1st or 2nd seed to face them in the first round. If that is what he was thinking, then I think it's a stupid move. He shouldn't be worried about the Thunder at all (unless they are a higher seed), but I think their injuries got in his head and he's mismanaged this whole season thus far. I think he started resting players way too early in the season because of the Thunder injuries.

Whether or not that is because he thought he had more breathing room or because he didn't want a high seed with the probability of facing them in the first round, I don't know, but I think one of those two reasons played a part.

Surely he didn't decide/plan to rest players in the first month of the season before it even began, did he?

100%duncan
01-08-2015, 12:14 AM
Rooting for them to get in the playoffs. Always nice to see teams growing.

tlongII
01-08-2015, 12:22 AM
:lmao

adonis827
01-08-2015, 12:52 AM
Yeah, went from first round flameout to WCF flameout to NBA Finals flameout to NBA title :toast

addition by subtraction
First Richard Jefferson
Then Stephen Jackson

Will Parker be next? :D

Holden_Caulfield
01-08-2015, 12:57 AM
damn we shouldve traded our first round pick for monroe :lol

spurtech09
01-08-2015, 01:03 AM
thought you wre talking about dallas cowboys vs lions lol......crazy

spurtech09
01-08-2015, 01:05 AM
so Detroit is the real deal.....spurs could of won lastnight....wow.....that's because spurs were blowing out Detroit early in the game...

Legacy
01-08-2015, 01:21 AM
Rooting for them to get in the playoffs. Always nice to see teams growing.

Same here. :toast

hater
01-08-2015, 09:40 AM
well they have Dat NIG Drummon playing like he's on PCP out there.

Dex
01-08-2015, 09:49 AM
so Detroit is the real deal.....spurs could of won lastnight....wow.....that's because spurs were blowing out Detroit early in the game...

Spurs SHOULD have won if not for 5 missed free throws and a boneheaded inbounds pass by Tim.

TDomination
01-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Spurs SHOULD have won if not for 5 missed free throws and a boneheaded inbounds pass by Tim.

Just like spurs shouldve beaten Memphis, and should've beaten Blazers and the Nets and so on. Seems like a trend for this team this year, hopefully it will turn soon.

Chomag
01-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Shoulda ,coulda , woulda seems to be becomming the theme this season. Sounds like excuses to me Spurs need to nut up and decide what kind of team they want to be.

TampaDude
01-08-2015, 10:32 AM
I don't feel so bad now. You know who should feel bad - Josh Smith. I know publicly athletes always say the right thing - but DAYUM this has to be in his head.

^ this

Josh is gonna need some counseling if the Pistons keep winning. :lol

Mr Bones
01-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Not only has Detroit gone 7-0 without him, but he was very quickly moved from starter to bench player in Houston. He's also managed to shoot 3 for 16 from the three point line, proving that he's just a really really dumb player with athletic ability. Any person with the slightest understanding of basketball can look at his career stats and recognize that he shouldn't be shooting threes at all, and definitely not every single game. The Detroit situation can be summed up pretty easily: They're taking 14 better shots per game (his average attempts per), and the guys on the floor aren't fuming mad at a single guy who doesn't know how to even begin to use his natural talents.

Spurs9
01-08-2015, 03:43 PM
SVG doin thangs

lefty
01-08-2015, 04:39 PM
:lol Orlando
:lol firing SVG because of fucking Dwert
:lol cucked by Dwert