PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Are they on the verge of imploding, tbh?

Malik Hairston
01-08-2015, 12:02 AM
2nd straight 20-point loss, tbh..losing to the Warriors is one thing, but losing by 20 to a terrible Kings team is worrisome..

Westbrook has been horrendous for a week or so, he looks worn down from carrying the team without Durant, and Dominos doesn't look anywhere near himself since returning, tbh..

Their antiquated, 90s-style offense is more troublesome with Westbrook/Durant not playing at an elite level, other teams are completely exploiting it..

Is it implosion time? Brooks gets fired before the end of the month?

Robz4000
01-08-2015, 12:05 AM
I hope so, but they'll prolly roll off a 10 game winning streak to overtake the Spurs, Pelicans, Suns, and Clippers soon...

testies
01-08-2015, 12:07 AM
Durant in the post is a horrid idea

Malik Hairston
They look really awful, tbh..

Westbrook looks tired, and Dominos doesn't look like himself..Reggie Jackson looks really bad this season, his trade is inevitable..

Other than Ibaka, the rest of the roster is pretty mediocre, of course..

More than ever, when Durant and Westbrook aren't playing like top 3-5 players, the team can't do anything..this is probably the best time to finally fire Brooks and try to salvage their season IMO(you won't find a better coach at this point, but you would hope it would spark the team)..

ClipperLuva
The Reggie Jackson trade talk shook them up a bit, got them feeling mild. They'll come around. I have a hard time believing the league just changed overnight.

lil_penny
01-08-2015, 12:09 AM
Brooks should be canned tbh he as always been a shitty coach though

100%duncan
01-08-2015, 12:10 AM
Is Perry Jones still injured? I liked det dude. traded for him in 2k as backup for Whi :lol

spurraider21
its not a harlem or midnightpulp thread until somebody says the word antiquated to describe an offense :lol

Robz4000
They look really awful, tbh..

Westbrook looks tired, and Dominos doesn't look like himself..Reggie Jackson looks really bad this season, his trade is inevitable..

Other than Ibaka, the rest of the roster is pretty mediocre, of course..

More than ever, when Durant and Westbrook aren't playing like top 3-5 players, the team can't do anything..this is probably the best time to finally fire Brooks and try to salvage their season IMO(you won't find a better coach at this point, but you would hope it would spark the team)..

The best part is they'll prolly wait and hope Waiters magically elevates them into a new gear. I hope they give it until March before firing Brooks. Again though, I expect a a winning streak to start up at any time followed by another injury.

Malik Hairston
01-08-2015, 12:11 AM
Waiters looked really bad, as expected:lol..

Inserting Waiters in a second unit with Reggie Jackson in the most ISO-oriented offense in the league is a great idea:lol..

ClipperLuva
01-08-2015, 12:12 AM
its not a harlem or midnightpulp thread until somebody says the word antiquated to describe an offense :lol
And it's not a Philo thread until Philo shows up and argues about the color of bread.

Cry Havoc
01-08-2015, 12:13 AM
Westbrook just torpedoing the team with his chucking. 3-17.

Cry Havoc
01-08-2015, 12:15 AM
Oh hey, nothing like a pullup 3 with 16 on the shot clock when you're 3-17 for the game. Westbrook might have the lowest IQ of any star in the NBA.

ClipperLuva
01-08-2015, 12:19 AM
Westbrook just torpedoing the team with his chucking. 3-17.
That's only 17 shots. That's not a lot of shots.

Cry Havoc
01-08-2015, 12:22 AM

14 is a lot of misses. :lol

Malik Hairston
01-08-2015, 12:22 AM
Westbrook's amount of shots was fine, tbh, and it's tough to blame him when they literally don't have a system and Durant is playing very passively..

Only problem I have with Westbrook is that he isn't attacking the rim anymore, but IMO, it's entirely due to fatigue from his huge stretch of carrying OKC earlier..they need to do what Golden State did, it's overdue..

ClipperLuva
01-08-2015, 12:31 AM
14 is a lot of misses. :lol
Not many shot attempts. They go or they don't.

ClipperLuva
01-08-2015, 12:32 AM
Westbrook's amount of shots was fine, tbh, and it's tough to blame him when they literally don't have a system and Durant is playing very passively..

Only problem I have with Westbrook is that he isn't attacking the rim anymore, but IMO, it's entirely due to fatigue from his huge stretch of carrying OKC earlier..they need to do what Golden State did, it's overdue..
Fire the coach and hire Steve Kerr?

ElNono
01-08-2015, 12:36 AM
I think they rushed the comeback from their injuries... they're also badly missing a solid perimeter defender, like what they had on Thabo. Now Westbrook is probably that guy, but he already has to spend a lot of energy on offense to be chasing guys around on defense... I still don't know if WB and KD will last the whole season without hurting again, considering the amount of energy they're spending out there...

Cry Havoc
01-08-2015, 12:36 AM
Not many shot attempts. They go or they don't.

Pullup threes from a sprint with 16 on the shot clock? Yeah, most of those won't go.

spurraider21
01-08-2015, 12:50 AM
I've been told that chucking and volume are unrelated. He could very well be chucking with only 17 FGA

spurraider21
01-08-2015, 12:50 AM
I think they rushed the comeback from their injuries... they're also badly missing a solid perimeter defender, like what they had on Thabo. Now Westbrook is probably that guy, but he already has to spend a lot of energy on offense to be chasing guys around on defense... I still don't know if WB and KD will last the whole season without hurting again, considering the amount of energy they're spending out there...
pretty sure the centerpiece was waived :downspin:

lil_penny
01-08-2015, 12:52 AM

This.

I was watching gsw okc game and Durant looked to favor one leg while running. I Don't think he's fully recovered

ClipperLuva
01-08-2015, 12:52 AM
I've been told that chucking and volume are unrelated. He could very well be chucking with only 17 FGA

You think?

Jacob1983
01-08-2015, 04:06 AM
Should have kept Harden.

Brazil
01-08-2015, 06:06 AM
<3 Westbrook :cry

7 TOs but he is competinng and giving it all tbh :cry

UZER
01-08-2015, 06:48 AM

No, it's from his dumb ass "plays hard every possession :cry" style.

It's stupid to go that balls out every play in an 82 game season. I keep saying that a lot of his hustle, while respectable , is way too misguided. This guy is not gonna last 3 more seasons playing this way.

His basketball iq is pathetic. All that over hustle and athleticism can't help you when you're as dumb as rocks. He doesn't understand the game within the game and never will.

LkrFan
01-08-2015, 07:35 AM
As long as they are healthy when they play the Sp*rs in the playoffs...:)

*50-game NBA schedule in 1999

100%duncan
01-08-2015, 07:52 AM
As long as they are healthy when they play the Sp*rs in the playoffs...:)

*50-game NBA schedule in 1999

Damn someone's salty tonight :lmao

benefactor
01-08-2015, 08:18 AM
They really need to let it go and tank. They do have a first rounder, right?

Killakobe81
01-08-2015, 08:37 AM
I think they squeak in but it's a wasted year they won't win shit ...
It's like the Nash/Pau/Dwight/Kobe Lakers they will get in they probably wont get swept but hard to visualize them as legit contenders.
Legit contenders do not make as many changes and tinkers to the lineup and are not led by mediocre coaches ...and injured stars.
Right now I think the cavs and OKC are in legit trouble in regards to be real threats for the LOB.
Spurs have concerns but they have a great staff veteran leadership and the best coach.

I was high on Dallas and Im a big believer in Carlisle but I think the Rondo trade (not that he is playing bad) and the Josh Smith trade willprobably do more harm than good when all is said and done. Difference is RC will probably figure the shit out and may make a WCF run, I have zero faith in MCHale doing the same.

Right now I think legit title contenders are SPurs, GSW, Bulls, Mavs with Clips as the dark-horse. I just see to many flaws on other teams including Grizz, Blazers to imagine them winning it all. ALso tough to bet against Lebron making a run but I just dont like the make-up of that team.

Killakobe81
01-08-2015, 08:38 AM
Clips always suck me in and in the end they dont finish ... maybe they do break that mold.

100%duncan
01-08-2015, 08:53 AM
Cavs is not a lock for the East. They are shit with a declining Lebron. I see Hawks and Bulls beating them. And a toss-up between the Wiz.

TDMVPDPOY
01-08-2015, 09:13 AM
this is the only chance ever in life brick and doodle jump will ever win a ring against a injury prone west and the breakup of the cheat

Killakobe81
01-08-2015, 09:15 AM
this is the only chance ever in life brick and doodle jump will ever win a ring against a injury prone west and the breakup of the cheat

They wont win this year but both are young ...

TheCultOfPersonality
01-08-2015, 09:17 AM
I'm still laughing about Waiters talking about being held back in Cleveland then goes 1-9 from the field in his Thunder debut.

100%duncan
01-08-2015, 09:18 AM
I'm still laughing about Waiters talking about being held back in Cleveland then goes 1-9 from the field in his Thunder debut.

Can you imagine? The dude couldn't co-exist with one of the most unselfish superstars ever in Lebron, how could he now in an iso-centric offense with Durant and Westbrooks as 1 and 2's.

Infinite_limit
01-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Malik, can you please stop posting the phrase "tbh". Thank you

01-08-2015, 10:31 PM

Malik Hairston
01-15-2015, 08:45 PM
They're looking finished, tbh..

Strange Love
01-15-2015, 10:57 PM
They're looking finished, tbh..

How's your protege' feeling about this?

Malik Hairston
01-26-2015, 12:47 AM
5-5 in their last 10, looking like just an above average team..everybody expected them to take over, but they haven't..

Do they have it in them, tbh? Luckily for them, the Suns keep losing, too..

TrainOfThought5
01-26-2015, 07:02 AM
Cavs is not a lock for the East. They are shit with a declining Lebron. I see Hawks and Bulls beating them. And a toss-up between the Wiz.

Watching Spurs East absolutely demolish the cavs in the second round will be one of the sweetest series in the east for spurs fans to watch. book it.

Brazil
01-26-2015, 07:32 AM
:cry wtf happened to <3 ? :cry

scanry
01-26-2015, 08:47 AM
Playing desperate every game will have a toll in the reg season. That's why they could well miss the playoffs altogether. Regardless, they have too many flaws to ring this season.

RsxPiimp
01-26-2015, 09:08 AM
Plenty of time to catch up. Expect a mid season trade to address some of their needs. Once they're in the playoffs, watch out. They have the talent to pull a 95 Houston run.

Mr Bones
01-26-2015, 11:29 AM
New Orleans has been playing pretty good lately-- I'd love to see Anthony Davis make the playoffs.