PDA

View Full Version : Pistons: Let's be real, Andre Drummond is getting the max....

hater
01-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Nigga is playing out of his damn mind

averaging 18 rebound the last 6 games :lol

what drug is this nigga on peeps?

Killakobe81
01-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Lack of quality bigs mean both monroe and Drummond are getting paid well. at first you could argue his stats were empty but now hat they are winning he willget paid and Monroe will walk to do the same.

StrengthAndHonor
01-08-2015, 10:36 AM
There was never a doubt. He will get a max offer based on potential alone. Greg Monroe OTOH...

Killakobe81
01-08-2015, 12:03 PM
There was never a doubt. He will get a max offer based on potential alone. Greg Monroe OTOH...

Doubt Monroe gets max but he will get PAID!!

ambchang
01-08-2015, 12:15 PM
That's why the Pistons should have kept smith for the year and release him at the end of the season.

Suppress the rates for Drummond and Monroe, improve heir draft position.

Killakobe81
01-08-2015, 12:33 PM
That's why the Pistons should have kept smith for the year and release him at the end of the season.

Suppress the rates for Drummond and Monroe, improve heir draft position.

SVG is a real coach. He is both president and coach IIRC. he could do both jobs a favor by tanking but I think since he has real talent that he plans to keep long-term he doesnt want the stench of losing and bad habits to settle in. Knicks/Lakers in contrast have a lot of one year contracts losing has no effect since most will be gone. I think Minny should do the same as Pistons an hope lotto balls still fall their way a la Cleveland.

Splits
01-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Drummond is a freak, no doubt. I think the primary reason they ate the $20+ mill on the chucker is because they want to keep Monroe and he had a serious problem playing with that fool.

JamStone
01-08-2015, 01:59 PM
The last couple seasons even before anyone was paying attention to the Pistons while they stunk like a rotting corpse, Pistons fans already talked about Drummond being their franchise max player.

Even if his ceiling ends up being somewhere in the range of like a Tyson Chandler to a lower scoring Dwight Howard, he has inherent value as a big who can dominate the boards and has uncanny speed and agility for a big man which allows him to impact the game in transition at both ends. I wouldn't necessarily agree that he's a max caliber player until he improves in several areas, including obviously free throw shooting and also being more disciplined in getting fouls. But in today's NBA, him getting a max contract when he's due up for an extension or free agency was already expected by most Pistons fans.

Killakobe81
01-08-2015, 02:44 PM
The last couple seasons even before anyone was paying attention to the Pistons while they stunk like a rotting corpse, Pistons fans already talked about Drummond being their franchise max player.

Even if his ceiling ends up being somewhere in the range of like a Tyson Chandler to a lower scoring Dwight Howard, he has inherent value as a big who can dominate the boards and has uncanny speed and agility for a big man which allows him to impact the game in transition at both ends. I wouldn't necessarily agree that he's a max caliber player until he improves in several areas, including obviously free throw shooting and also being more disciplined in getting fouls. But in today's NBA, him getting a max contract when he's due up for an extension or free agency was already expected by most Pistons fans.

All makes sense and in flashes he seems more than worthy of it. however I would like to see more consistency. I like to say only 3 guys are truly worth the max (and if the other owners weren't so stupid it would be that way) but on the chance he does develop consistency he is easily worth that when you condsider the contracts gave out last summer even WITH the new CBA in place.

Jam what do you think Monroe's value is if he wasn't a Piston based on his play? he looked good vs. Mavs I only see yall when you play us (lakers) or Dallas.

Franklin
01-08-2015, 08:14 PM
If they can find a way to improve their defense a bit they would be the scariest twin towers since Tim and Rob tbh.