PDA

View Full Version : Enrique is done!!

Pages : [1] 2

FkLA
01-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Put a fork in him! He'll be a decent player when his midrange shot is falling but you can kiss the guy that lived in the paint goodbye. He ain't coming back.

I hope the Spurs explore trades since most of the NBA still has no idea how much hes declined. RC could probably net a pretty good player in return+Cojo &MVPatty look more than capable of handling PG duties.

Thoughts?

dabom
01-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Well he cant rebound even when healthy.

in2deep
01-09-2015, 09:44 PM
He looks good for his 2nd game back. :tu

dabom
01-09-2015, 09:49 PM
He;s done tbh.

Ditty
01-09-2015, 09:50 PM
his defense needs to get a bit better he does annoying shit now that he has never done in the past. Declining, or rusty? Still the only player on the team that can over a game anywhere on the floor when he gets going.

dabom
01-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Marco tony defense. Stop Pop.

FkLA
01-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Even Timmy is looking over at Pop giving him the wtf is Enrique doing look...

Nathan89
01-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Good thing this is the last year of his contract:rolleyes

Johnny RIngo
01-09-2015, 10:02 PM
:lol $60 million dollars
:lol Spurs front office

timtonymanu
01-09-2015, 10:03 PM
:cry buh buh his offense gets the whole team going
:cry leading scorer
:cry team leader

HI-FI
01-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Bro I hope he's not done, unless we can steal Enrique's DeLorean, go back in time to prevent that terrible contract. He's gonna blow this game like its the postseason. :bang

shingo_318
01-09-2015, 10:05 PM
He can still fuck teammates' wives!

BatManu20
01-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Na

GrandeDavid
01-09-2015, 10:09 PM
He and the team are done. Amazing run. Done.

FkLA
01-09-2015, 10:11 PM
Bro I hope he's not done, unless we can steal Enrique's DeLorean, go back in time to prevent that terrible contract. He's gonna blow this game like its the postseason. :bang

Ive heard of a rusty shot after a month vacation, but looking slow and old? The vacation should've had the opposite effect on his body. The issue is starting to look more and more like father time imo.

unleashbaynes
01-09-2015, 10:12 PM
yet not a peep about kawhi missing half the season from jacking off too much.

Nathan89
01-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Spurs gave him the Kobe treatment with that contract. Difference being they may have fucked us out of being contenders.

objective
01-09-2015, 10:15 PM
He and Jose Calderon are playing about the same right now. Except Jose has a deal that runs two years less and for half as much per.

Johnny RIngo
01-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Remember this:

"Tony Parker believes he can play as many as 20 years with the San Antonio Spurs"

Looks done at age 32.

Hoops Czar
01-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Cory looks like a stud though. Hell, I wonder how much he'll pay Manu to stave off retirement a couple more years so he has someone on the court that makes him look good.

Johnny RIngo
01-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Spurs gave him the Kobe treatment with that contract. Difference being they may have fucked us out of being contenders.

Good comparison.

-Both grew up idolizing MJ.
-Both are chuckers
-Both are mediocre playmakers
-Both are among the worst defenders in the league
-Both are horrible teammates
-Both are grossly overpaid and living on past reputation

Hoops Czar
01-09-2015, 10:19 PM

This comment is so beyond ignorant, it befuddles the mind.

FkLA
01-09-2015, 10:20 PM
Cory looks like a stud. Hell, I wonder how much he'll pay Manu to stave off retirement a couple more years so he has someone on the court that makes him look good.

What are you talking about? Cory is horrible alongside Manu. Hes been at his best with the starters. Maybe Pop should consider moving Enrique and his 60 % 3PT FG% into the second unit to play off Manu tbh.

TheGreatYacht
01-09-2015, 10:20 PM
:lol

HI-FI
01-09-2015, 10:23 PM
Good comparison.

-Both grew up idolizing MJ.
-Both are chuckers
-Both are mediocre playmakers
-Both are among the worst defenders in the league
-Both are horrible teammates
-Both are grossly overpaid and living on past reputation
Sums it up.

unleashbaynes
01-09-2015, 10:23 PM
:madrun how dare tony miss time with an injury :madrun
:madrun how dare tony not play well immediately :madrun
:cry get well soon kawhi :cry

Hoops Czar
01-09-2015, 10:24 PM
What are you talking about? Cory is horrible alongside Manu. Hes been at his best with the starters. Maybe Pop should consider moving Enrique and his 60 % 3PT FG% into the second unit to play off Manu tbh.

Yes, because he's useless without the ball in his hands. His teammates become useless when Cory does has the ball in his hands. Cory has no clue on how to run an offense. Without Manu on the court, the only one involved in the offense is Cory. No wonder Manu has to close games out as the pg.

TheGreatYacht
01-09-2015, 10:25 PM
:madrun how dare tony miss time with an injury :madrun
:madrun how dare tony not play well immediately :madrun
:cry get well soon kawhi :cry
Because he didn't cheat on a latina slut, tbh

Johnny RIngo
01-09-2015, 10:26 PM
Yes, because he's useless without the ball in his hands. His teammates become useless when Cory does have the ball in his hands. Cory has no clue on how to run an offense. Without Manu on the court, the only one involved in the offense is Cory. No wonder Manu has to close games as the pg.

Our $60 million point guard doesn't seem to know how to run an offense either - 5 TOs tonight for Enrique.

unleashbaynes
01-09-2015, 10:27 PM
Our $60 million point guard doesn't seem to know how to run an offense either - 5 TOs tonight for Enrique.

Cut him!!!!

midnightpulp
01-09-2015, 10:27 PM
We're gonna need a healthy Tony to make any sort of run. Sure, his impact is overrated (Tony's plus/minus is down there with Kirby's), but his presence makes Cojo and Mills that much better, since we can swarm opposing teams with either a defensive pg (CoJo), a shooting pg (Mills), or a scoring pg (Parker). Teams also still gameplan for Parker, which is a big plus that takes defensive attention away from Mills/Cojo.

Kawhi also needs to tape it up and get out there. Sorry, I don't buy Pop's line of bullshit that he's two weeks away and can't extend his fingers.

FkLA
01-09-2015, 10:28 PM
Yes, because he's useless without the ball in his hands. His teammates become useless when Cory does have the ball in his hands. Cory has no clue on how to run an offense. Without Manu on the court, the only one involved in the offense is Cory. No wonder Manu has to close games out as the pg.

There was a point when Enrique couldn't shoot or run a team very well either. Cory is what, 21 or 22? He has nowhere to go but up...the opposite is true for 32 yr old Enrique unfortunately.

Hoops Czar
01-09-2015, 10:29 PM

He's been done before.

ElNono
01-09-2015, 10:33 PM
We're gonna need a healthy Tony to make any sort of run.

This. I'm rooting for the guy even if watching him right now is like having a root canal, tbh

KL2
01-09-2015, 10:34 PM
We're gonna need a healthy Tony to make any sort of run. Sure, his impact is overrated (Tony's plus/minus is down there with Kirby's), but his presence makes Cojo and Mills that much better, since we can swarm opposing teams with either a defensive pg (CoJo), a shooting pg (Mills), or a scoring pg (Parker). Teams also still gameplan for Parker, which is a big plus that takes defensive attention away from Mills/Cojo.

Kawhi also needs to tape it up and get out there. Sorry, I don't buy Pop's line of bullshit that he's two weeks away and can't extend his fingers.

As a former boxer I've had many hand injuries, lots of bruised hands, ligament damage etc. your hand just doesn't work properly, it feels really weak like you have no strength, especially those sharp shooting pains when trying to grab things. Sometimes the pain makes it go numb too. They should hold him out as long as it takes, those injuries are no joke.

midnightpulp
01-09-2015, 10:40 PM
As a former boxer I've had many hand injuries, lots of bruised hands, ligament damage etc. your hand just doesn't work properly, it feels really weak like you have no strength, especially those sharp shooting pains when trying to grab things. Sometimes the pain makes it go numb too. They should hold him out as long as it takes, those injuries are no joke.

I feel you.

Hoops Czar
01-09-2015, 10:42 PM
There was a point when Enrique couldn't shoot or run a team very well either. Cory is what, 21 or 22? He has nowhere to go but up...the opposite is true for 32 yr old Enrique unfortunately.

Nobody said Tony was a spring chicken. You don't realize what it takes to recover from a hamstring injury completely. It's a recurring injury and until Tony gets some games under his belt, while remaining healthy, the possibility of a relapse will play over and over again in his mind. He'll get better as the season progresses.

01-09-2015, 10:45 PM
Parker hasn't looked right all season, even when he took the summer off. This is looking more and more like a steep decline...

Spurs desperately need his penetration to create shots but it's looking more and more unlikely that speed and quickness will ever return.

objective
01-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Problems with Hamstrings? More like ham sandwiches.

Parker looks heavy also. Doing that Boris rehab.

look_at_g_shred
01-09-2015, 10:52 PM
Dude relax. Guy needs to get the rust off.

Hemotivo
01-09-2015, 11:00 PM
he'll be back soon

ElNono
01-09-2015, 11:05 PM
I suppose he's gonna play a lot of minutes against the Wolves tomorrow?

Hemotivo
01-09-2015, 11:06 PM
I suppose he's gonna play a lot of minutes against the Wolves tomorrow?

the wolves suck so yes

NASpurs
01-09-2015, 11:06 PM

Tony Porker and Bobo hanging around too much.

Hoops Czar
01-09-2015, 11:08 PM
the wolves suck so yes

So did the Pistons so, we'll see.

FkLA
01-09-2015, 11:11 PM
Nobody said Tony was a spring chicken. You don't realize what it takes to recover from a hamstring injury completely. It's a recurring injury and until Tony gets some games under his belt, while remaining healthy, the possibility of a relapse will play over and over again in his mind. He'll get better as the season progresses.

Oh you mean the mild hamstring strain? Quit treating it like it was a freaking tear. Soft ass Derrick Rose, the guy that sits out games bc he wants to be able to walk when he has children, missed one game with the exact same thing.

Hemotivo
01-09-2015, 11:12 PM
So did the Pistons so, we'll see.

the pistons post Josh Smith?
besides it was the first game after the injury for TP

ElNono
01-09-2015, 11:13 PM
We gave that Pistons game away... no other way to look at it...

Perry Mason
01-09-2015, 11:14 PM
I'm not going to argue with the TP hate posse anymore. It's clear to me that he is rehabbing and going 70% speed. Pop sees the same game we do. He looks at all the stats. He's not an idiot. He sees the same lackluster performances. Still TP had some nice plays tonight (with terrible ones) and some decent defense.

Everyone just needs to be patient. Pop is playing the long game because he knows he needs a healthy TP for this season and beyond, otherwise the Spurs have no great high usage ball handler. Pop is easing TP back into form. It's possible TP never gets healthy this season.

And yes he has high mileage and will likely be a step slower when healthy, but I withhold judgment on just how much decline there really is. He takes very good care of himself and is a fierce competitor. I hold out hope he'll be mostly back at some point this season.

Ditty
He's just resting for tomorrow

non-issue

look_at_g_shred
I love this team.

Horse
01-09-2015, 11:15 PM
Yes, because he's useless without the ball in his hands. His teammates become useless when Cory does has the ball in his hands. Cory has no clue on how to run an offense. Without Manu on the court, the only one involved in the offense is Cory. No wonder Manu has to close games out as the pg. what a dipshit he saved our ass again tonight exactly what do you expect from our 3rd Pg?

FkLA

See I thought he looked porky too, but then I started thinking maybe it was just my mind associating slow and sloppy with fat.

Hoops Czar
Oh you mean the mild hamstring strain? Quit treating it like it was a freaking tear. Soft ass Derrick Rose, the guy that sits out games bc he wants to be able to walk when he has children, missed one game with the exact same thing.

I can't believe you just compared D-Rose to TP. D-Rose tells the coach when he can play. Pop tells TP when he can play. D-Rose took nearly half a season off because he couldn't dunk the ball with his left hand.

look_at_g_shred
I love this team.

pgardn
01-09-2015, 11:16 PM
He is nowhere near ready to be full speed Tony.
Time and patience.

ElNono

:lol yeah, but he's been out for a while... give him a lil time

Hemotivo
Rose took nearly half a season off because he couldn't dunk the ball with his left hand.

Hoops Czar
01-09-2015, 11:19 PM
See I thought he looked porky too, but then I started thinking maybe it was just my mind associating slow and sloppy with fat.

Are you sure you're not looking at Parker through a wide angle lens?

FkLA
01-09-2015, 11:21 PM
I can't believe you just compared D-Rose to TP. D-Rose tells the coach when he can play. Pop tells TP when he can play. D-Rose took nearly half a season off because he couldn't dunk the ball with his left hand.

Exactly. Yet that same pussy sat out one game with a mild hamstring strain. Meanwhile posters like you sensationalize the severity of the exact same injury for Enrique. :lol

cd021
01-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Never been on the Enrique bandwagon but would be interesting to see if the Spurs try and move him in the off season. If there some concern that he is breaking down. The Pacers and Knicks come to mind in terms of needing a starting PG. Both have lottery picks as well.

FkLA
01-09-2015, 11:27 PM
I'm not going to argue with the TP hate posse anymore. It's clear to me that he is rehabbing and going 70% speed. Pop sees the same game we do. He looks at all the stats. He's not an idiot. He sees the same lackluster performances. Still TP had some nice plays tonight (with terrible ones) and some decent defense.

Everyone just needs to be patient. Pop is playing the long game because he knows he needs a healthy TP for this season and beyond, otherwise the Spurs have no great high usage ball handler. Pop is easing TP back into form. It's possible TP never gets healthy this season.

And yes he has high mileage and will likely be a step slower when healthy, but I withhold judgment on just how much decline there really is. He takes very good care of himself and is a fierce competitor. I hold out hope he'll be mostly back at some point this season.

Actually if you watched the pre-game they said Pop said there was no limit today. If he was playing well aka his midrange jumper was falling since he can't penetrate anymore he'd have played more, just like he did when he returned vs LAC. There is no minute restriction hes just getting benched for poor play...although tbf he hasn't been the only starter to get that treatment the last two games. He has however been the only one that has been consistently shitty all season tbh.

spurraider21
01-09-2015, 11:32 PM
Parkers extension is going to haunt the Spurs. Not quite 48.5 status, but it's a blow

Hoops Czar
01-09-2015, 11:33 PM
Exactly. Yet that same pussy sat out one game with a mild hamstring strain. Meanwhile posters like you sensationalize the severity of the exact same injury for Enrique. :lol

You don't know what you're talking about. Minor hamstring injuries can turn into major ones if you rush back too soon. That's the concern with Tony thus, the minutes restriction. He's extremely tentative since coming back but, it's an encouraging sign that his hammy feels fine. Let's see how much leeway you give Kawhi when he first comes back from his cramped hand.

xtremesteven33
01-09-2015, 11:34 PM
Lets see how he looks in March/April then you can scream the sky is falling. Chill..

FkLA
01-09-2015, 11:40 PM
You don't know what you're talking about. Minor hamstring injuries can turn into major ones if you rush back too soon. That's the concern with Tony thus, the minutes restriction. He's extremely tentative since coming back but, it's an encouraging sign that his hammy feels fine. Let's see how much leeway you give Kawhi when he first comes back from his cramped hand.

Yet the the guy that you, me and everyone else considers a pussy missed a grand total of one game with it. Rose worries about just about everything yet had no problem brushing off the same injury you are sensationalizing for Enrique.

Youre not being biased at all brah. :tu

Hoops Czar
01-09-2015, 11:42 PM
Yet the the guy that you, me and everyone else consider a pussy missed a grand total of one game with it. Rose worries about just about everything yet had no problem brushing off the same injury you are sensationalizing for Enrique.

Youre not being biased at all brah. :tu

Rose probably lied to get out of playing a game. Bad comparison.

HI-FI
01-09-2015, 11:44 PM
Parkers extension is going to haunt the Spurs. Not quite 48.5 status, but it's a blow
Yeah that's been my main concern, all trolling/truth bombing aside. Anything they can do to get out of it if shit hits the fan?

FkLA
01-09-2015, 11:46 PM
Rose probably lied.

lol ok

D-Wade another guy known for being a diva with injuries missed seven games. Lets be real its a relatively minor injury. Can you name me an instance in any major sport where a mild hamstring strain held out a player for a month+affected him so drastically? I'll wait for it tbh.

ChumpDumper
01-09-2015, 11:48 PM
Put a fork in him! He'll be a decent player when his midrange shot is falling but you can kiss the guy that lived in the paint goodbye. He ain't coming back.

I hope the Spurs explore trades since most of the NBA still has no idea how much hes declined. RC could probably net a pretty good player in return+Cojo &MVPatty look more than capable of handling PG duties.

Thoughts?lolutsa

Hoops Czar
01-09-2015, 11:48 PM
lol ok

D-Wade another guy known for being a diva with injuries missed seven games. Lets be real its a relatively minor injury. Can you name me an instance in any major sport where a mild hamstring strain held out a player for a month+affected him so drastically? I'll wait for it tbh.

Ginobili and Splitter!!!

FkLA
01-09-2015, 11:50 PM
Yeah that's been my main concern, all trolling/truth bombing aside. Anything they can do to get out of it if shit hits the fan?

Trolling aside I think the question I posed in the OP is a legit. Hes the best PG on the team if he magically regains his form, but unless its '13 Parker hes not irreplaceable.

Plus ideally he would net a nice piece in return. Not like he is being traded for peanuts tbh.

100%duncan
Meh wait till the season isover

weeks
I love parker and all and i think he gets hated on way too much here, but man.
he looks terrible right now. just awful. can't seem to penetrate a wet paper bag.

FkLA
01-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Ginobili and Splitter!!!

Never missed time with a 'mild hamstring strain'. Few athletes do. Even less sensationalize the way it has been for Enrique.

Besides Tiago has grown a reputation for being soft with injuries. Manu for being fragile. So wouldn't you be agreeing with me by placing him in that company? Even moreso when you throw Wade and Rose into the equation.

pgardn
01-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Trolling aside I think the question I posed in the OP is a legit. Hes the best PG on the team if he magically regains his form, but unless its '13 Parker hes not irreplaceable.

Plus ideally he would net a nice piece in return. Not like he is being traded for peanuts tbh.

We don't win a title without him.
Hope you don't mind.

No back to back unless he gets his speed back, it's that simple.

FkLA
01-09-2015, 11:59 PM
We don't win a title without him.
Hope you don't mind.

No back to back unless he gets his speed back, it's that simple.

They didn't need him to be a hero to take down OKC in Methlahoma or the Heat. A game manager at PG will do if they get into that kind of offensive groove again. The offense wasn't dependent on Enrique.

They need Kawhi though obviously.

KL2
01-10-2015, 12:01 AM
Parker is getting paid near a max contract lmao, and he may keep playing during the off season, causing him to decline even more. Of course a guy that's getting paid 13.5 million+ per year is going to have an impact, common sense lmao.

ducks
01-10-2015, 12:03 AM
tp ia getting paid less them cp3 and much more points he could have gotten more

Hoops Czar
01-10-2015, 12:06 AM
Never missed time with a 'mild hamstring strain'. Few athletes do. Even less sensationalize the way it has been for Enrique.

Besides Tiago has grown a reputation for being soft with injuries. Manu for being fragile. So wouldn't you be agreeing with me by placing him in that company? Even moreso when you throw Wade and Rose into the equation.

You asked for an instance. Here's one of many.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1940200-manu-ginobili-injury-updates-on-spurs-guards-hamstring-and-return

Btw, Have you ever heard of a player missing nearly a month due to pink eye? Me neither.

FkLA
01-10-2015, 12:11 AM
You asked for an instance. Here's one of many.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1940200-manu-ginobili-injury-updates-on-spurs-guards-hamstring-and-return

Btw, Have you ever heard of a player missing nearly a month due to pink eye? Me neither.

I don't see the word mild in there. I want mild hamstring strain which is what you'll find listed for Enrique, Rose and Wade.

What does Kawhi have to do with this thread? Pretty sure he just missed like the first two games with the eye anyway. The rest has been the hand.

pgardn
01-10-2015, 12:11 AM
They didn't need him to be a hero to take down OKC in Methlahoma or the Heat. A game manager at PG will do if they get into that kind of offensive groove again. The offense wasn't dependent on Enrique.

They need Kawhi though obviously.

So you missed our toughest series did you?

And yes we did need him in the other series, but for a different purpose than the Dallas series.

spurraider21
01-10-2015, 12:13 AM
lolutsa
where did you go to school?

tim_duncan_fan
01-10-2015, 12:13 AM
We gave that Pistons game away... no other way to look at it...

I'm not looking at any stat sheets, but I feel like MOST of our losses have been dumb and close. That's why this whole season and the "not playing the full team until March" thing is fucking hilarious.

Kawhi is basically sitting out because Pop doesn't feel like bringing him o yent. This has been a pretty good preseason if you ask me. I'm being entertained.

As for Tony, I only saw a few minutes of the 4th....does he really look done, or cliff-jumping?

Hoops Czar
01-10-2015, 12:18 AM
I don't see the word mild in there. I want mild hamstring strain which is what you'll find listed for Enrique, Rose and Wade.

What does Kawhi have to do with this thread? Pretty sure he just missed like the first two games with the eye anyway. The rest has been the hand.

It's all in the phrasing. Don't get hung up on the words. Sometimes they'll say it's a mild hamstring injury. Other times, they'll say it's nothing serious but, merely tightness in his bothersome hammy. Would you feel better if the NBA adopted the NHL's way of describing injuries..... Tony Parker, Lower body injury. That way, you won't have a friggin clue what's going on.

FkLA
01-10-2015, 12:19 AM
So you missed our toughest series did you?

And yes we did need him in the other series, but for a different purpose than the Dallas series.

Who gives a shit. Spurs were sleepwalking through that series. If they play like that in the WCF or Finals they get raped...unless you actually think the 8th seeded Mavs were the second best team in the league last season? :lol

FkLA
01-10-2015, 12:20 AM
It's all in the phrasing. Don't get hung up on the words. Sometimes they'll say it's a mild hamstring injury. Other times, they'll say it's nothing serious but, merely tightness in his bothersome hammy. Would you feel better if the NBA adopted the NHL's way of describing injuries..... Tony Parker, Lower body injury. That way, you won't have a friggin clue what's going on.

Yeah, no. Mild describes the severity. Keep looking tbh.

Hoops Czar
01-10-2015, 12:21 AM
Who gives a shit. Spurs were sleepwalking through that series. If they play like that in the WCF or Finals they get raped...unless you actually think the 8th seeded Mavs were the second best team in the league last season? :lol
Dallas would have raped the Heat in the finals.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2015, 12:22 AM
where did you go to school?lolutsa

pgardn
01-10-2015, 12:28 AM

Yeah?

Well how about sleep walking right out of the playoffs 1st round? You think all that counts in the playoffs is the championship?

What you don't get is Parker is pure lighting dribbling the ball.
Teams have a very difficult time handling that kind of pace for trapping. We don't necessarily need him scoring. But we damn sure need his speed with the ball during close games when teams are trapping. He gets us out of so many binds by getting out into the open court. That kind of speed with the ball is crucial for a team like ours. And it's showing at the end of games this season. Parker often times runs right away from a defender trying to foul him running clock. And this is just one aspect of the role his speed plays.
Your Fckn blind.

spurraider21
01-10-2015, 12:30 AM
lolutsa
you went to utsa? lol indeed

FireMicoHalili
01-10-2015, 12:32 AM
Parker, Duncan, Ginobili are all old. They're really bound to slip every year. How hard is it to understand, why are people jumping off a cliff over this

Malik Hairston
01-10-2015, 12:34 AM
I find it strange that so many Spurs fans seemingly didn't watch last year's playoffs, tbh..

The Spurs were literally better when Parker was on the bench, statistically..he ranked 7th or 8th in the rotation in virtually every advanced metric, among Spurs rotation players..

He's just a luxury, at this point..people need to stop acting like this sample size is limited to this season, this decline began last year, it was evident to anybody that closely followed the Spurs..outside of the Portland series(where the Spurs still blew them out in game 5 without him) and game 7 vs. Dallas, he looked mediocre for the entire run..you knew it was bad when Pop was condescendingly complimenting him on his "leadership", just because he accepted to sit on the bench for key stretches:lmao..

Logically speaking, he's a 32-year old PG with a ton of mileage, and has relied mostly on speed/quickness for effectiveness..he's not Duncan or Ginobili, tbh..

As a Spurs fan, I'm deathly afraid that Parker will sabotage the Spurs, like Derrick Rose is currently doing to the Bulls..ball-dominant PGs that are no longer good players can destroy your team..fortunately, Pop showed us last year that he won't hesitate to bench Parker when he's ineffective, so let's hope he sticks to that..

ChumpDumper
01-10-2015, 12:35 AM
you went to utsa? lol indeedWhy do you say that?

Malik Hairston
01-10-2015, 12:36 AM
Man, I can't believe so many Spurs fans still refer to Parker's quickness and skills like it's 2012, tbh:lol..

It's the equivalent of Harlem saying, "damn, Tim Duncan sure draws a lot of attention and double teams in the post, which opens things up for the rest of the team"..

We're in 2015, some of y'all niggas need to join the rest of us, tbh..

He's a slightly above average PG that no longer impacts the game on a significant level, which is quantified by the numbers, and has been since last year's playoffs..you can keep shitting out the "penetration" narrative, but the numbers don't support your claims..

Nathan89
01-10-2015, 12:42 AM
Parker, Duncan, Ginobili are all old. They're really bound to slip every year. How hard is it to understand, why are people jumping off a cliff over this
Because spurs just gave him a new contract.

apalisoc_9
01-10-2015, 12:45 AM
Man, I can't believe so many Spurs fans still refer to Parker's quickness and skills like it's 2012, tbh:lol..

It's the equivalent of Harlem saying, "damn, Tim Duncan sure draws a lot of attention and double teams in the post, which opens things up for the rest of the team"..

He's a slightly above average PG that no longer impacts the game on a significant level, which is quantified by the numbers, and has been since last year's playoffs..you can keep shitting out the "penetration" narrative, but the numbers don't support your claims..

Show some respect :madrun

pgardn
01-10-2015, 12:49 AM
Parker was the fastest guard on our team last season. I have no reason to believe he will not be so by the end of the season and use it just as effectively.

If Parker is no longer the fastest guard on our team with the ball there will be NO back to back.
Its that obvious to me. We may need KL more, but we still don't win without fast Parker.
Simple.

Malik Hairston
01-10-2015, 12:49 AM
Show some respect :madrun

My nigga, I'm a Spurs fan first, tbh, unlike these player-fans..

I put the Spurs logo before Timmy, Manu, Enrique, Kawhi, etc..unlike most of the people in this thread, I don't give a fuck about the name on the back of the jersey..

When Tim struggles, I want him to sit, I've called it out many times..same with Manu..it's not a Parker agenda, the only difference with Parker is that he has looked finished as a notable player for 1.5 years now, and the Spurs are a better team when he's on the bench..

I'm tired of these player-fans, tbh..

apalisoc_9
01-10-2015, 12:50 AM

I put the Spurs logo before Timmy, Manu, Enrique, Kawhi, etc..unlike most of the people in this thread, I don't give a fuck about the name on the back of the jersey..

When Tim struggles, I want him to sit, I've called it out many times..same with Manu..it's not a Parker agenda, the only difference with Parker is that he has looked finished as a notable player for 1.5 years now, and the Spurs are a better team when he's on the bench..

100 Agree, tbh.

Player fans are by far the most annoying..

apalisoc_9
01-10-2015, 12:51 AM
Parker was the fastest guard on our team last season. I have no reason to believe he will not be so by the end of the season and use it just as effectively.

If Parker is no longer the fastest guard on our team with the ball there will be NO back to back.
Its that obvious to me. We may need KL more, but we still don't win without fast Parker.
Simple.

Oh my God

:lmao

Malik Hairston
01-10-2015, 12:52 AM
Average speed in the 2014 playoffs:

Patty Mills: 4.9 MPH
Tony Parker: 4.6 MPH

FkLA
01-10-2015, 12:53 AM
you went to utsa? lol indeed

lol in law school and asking for legal advice on a speeding ticket

FkLA
01-10-2015, 12:57 AM
I find it strange that so many Spurs fans seemingly didn't watch last year's playoffs, tbh..

The Spurs were literally better when Parker was on the bench, statistically..he ranked 7th or 8th in the rotation in virtually every advanced metric, among Spurs rotation players..

He's just a luxury, at this point..people need to stop acting like this sample size is limited to this season, this decline began last year, it was evident to anybody that closely followed the Spurs..outside of the Portland series(where the Spurs still blew them out in game 5 without him) and game 7 vs. Dallas, he looked mediocre for the entire run..you knew it was bad when Pop was condescendingly complimenting him on his "leadership", just because he accepted to sit on the bench for key stretches:lmao..

Logically speaking, he's a 32-year old PG with a ton of mileage, and has relied mostly on speed/quickness for effectiveness..he's not Duncan or Ginobili, tbh..

As a Spurs fan, I'm deathly afraid that Parker will sabotage the Spurs, like Derrick Rose is currently doing to the Bulls..ball-dominant PGs that are no longer good players can destroy your team..fortunately, Pop showed us last year that he won't hesitate to bench Parker when he's ineffective, so let's hope he sticks to that..

:toast

:bobo

:flag:

pgardn
01-10-2015, 12:57 AM
I can't stand these fans that don't see the roles that different players had on our team at different times during different situations in the playoffs. We play as a team and don't rely on any one player. Manu, Tim, Tony, KL, Danny, Tiago, Boris, Patty, they all have their moments and place as we are a team first.

Thats why we displayed some of the most beautiful basketball ever seen without any true allstar.

pgardn
01-10-2015, 12:59 AM
Average speed in the 2014 playoffs:

Patty Mills: 4.9 MPH
Tony Parker: 4.6 MPH

Yeah.

Uhhh....

How many miles did they both go?
Can you find that?

apalisoc_9
01-10-2015, 12:59 AM
I can't stand these fans that don't see the roles that different players had on our team at different times during different situations in the playoffs. We play as a team and don't rely on any one player. Manu, Tim, Tony, KL, Danny, Tiago, Boris, Patty, they all have their moments and place as we are a team first.

Thats why we displayed some of the most beautiful basketball ever seen without any true allstar.

Oh my God...

pgardn
01-10-2015, 01:05 AM

Tickle, tickle...

Im glad I can entertain one of the worst posters on this entire site.
Please start another thread of intrigue and curiosity.

No.
Don't.

apalisoc_9
01-10-2015, 01:10 AM

pgardn
01-10-2015, 01:15 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243042&p=7766921#post7766921

Clipper Nation
01-10-2015, 01:22 AM
Harlem dominating GNSF in the post like prime Duncan ITT :wow

benstanfield
01-10-2015, 01:38 AM

spurraider21
01-10-2015, 01:42 AM
Why do you say that?
lolutsa

benstanfield
01-10-2015, 01:47 AM
RC had to know TP was basically done before they extended him. Makes me pessimistic about the plan for the next 3 years tbh, as contracts like Tony's are perfect for tanking teams that need to put butts in seats.

In the future, if Patty could assume the starting role and TP would accept the 6th man role I wouldn't be mad. A starting lineup of Patty, Danny, Kawhi, (Good PF), & Tiago with a second unit of TP, Beli, KA, Boris, Baynes would still be pretty potent.

I just don't want this team to have the wheels fall off this year and fucking tank like shit next year...

SupremeGuy
01-10-2015, 02:10 AM
Why do you say that?Honest question faggot: Why don't you ever just say what you're trying to say? You're not being deep, intelligent, edgy, or anything. You kind of just seem like a bitch that is too scared to share his opinion. You're not a moderator, this isn't a fucking debate class, you should honestly just grow some balls. :toast

cjw
01-10-2015, 02:18 AM
Tony plays more minutes against starters and Patty against reserves. Can't compare apples and oranges.

FireMicoHalili
01-10-2015, 03:56 AM
Because spurs just gave him a new contract.
And? Compared to the looming salary cap this coming offseason I'd say that's proportionally fair. He's injured. They didn't even give him the max.

BillMc
01-10-2015, 04:17 AM
And? Compared to the looming salary cap this coming offseason I'd say that's proportionally fair. He's injured. They didn't even give him the max.

+1

Arc
01-10-2015, 04:48 AM
one of the main reasons why we're losing so many close games this year is because we don't have tony clutcher at 100%. once he gets back into game shape we're gonna start rollin.

Robz4000
01-10-2015, 05:32 AM
RC had to know TP was basically done before they extended him. Makes me pessimistic about the plan for the next 3 years tbh, as contracts like Tony's are perfect for tanking teams that need to put butts in seats.

In the future, if Patty could assume the starting role and TP would accept the 6th man role I wouldn't be mad. A starting lineup of Patty, Danny, Kawhi, (Good PF), & Tiago with a second unit of TP, Beli, KA, Boris, Baynes would still be pretty potent.

I just don't want this team to have the wheels fall off this year and fucking tank like shit next year...

That bench would be pretty shitty, and Patty as a starting PG without a playmaking SG that can defend (basically superstar-level) is just asking for trouble.

polandprzem
01-10-2015, 06:42 AM
TP is 33yrs old, he is not a youngster plus he is fighting some injuries. he is probably gonna play 3 more years so he is at the end of his career - reality check guys.

polandprzem
01-10-2015, 06:44 AM
And he is far from done. It all depends how healthy he is gonna be during the playoffs. That's the key. The guy is a main point in spurs system for sakes!

BillMc
01-10-2015, 07:18 AM
TP is 33yrs old, he is not a youngster plus he is fighting some injuries. he is probably gonna play 3 more years so he is at the end of his career - reality check guys.

And he is far from done. It all depends how healthy he is gonna be during the playoffs. That's the key. The guy is a main point in spurs system for sakes!

These are very good points. I think we are at the very end or have just passed the end of Tony's prime. And it is a bit unlikely to expect him to remain effective into his late 30's like Manu or, heck, semi-dominant into his late 30's like Duncan. Does lightning strike in terms of longevity a third time? Probably not. That said, it could. Tony is already changing his game.

There is no reason to label him "done." Hopefully, he'll get healthy and be damn productive. The hamstring has affected his speed and cutting. It will improve (unless he re-injures it). Patience. Tony hasn't suddenly forgotten how to play basketball.

Brazil
01-10-2015, 07:27 AM

Oh man dat post is your best grats tbh

you, among all, is giving lessons of what is a spur fan :lmao you are a team spur fan first ? Oh really... You spent the last 4 years on this board to suck Lebron's dick at any opportunity...

People were spending their time to ask why below your avatar you had team: San Antonio Spurs

you have been the biggest player fan of ST and now you are tired of player fans... How convenient.

dude you are a clown

scanry
01-10-2015, 08:09 AM

you, among all, is giving lessons of what is a spur fan :lmao you are a team spur fan first ? Oh really... You spent the last 4 years on this board to suck Lebron's dick at any opportunity...

People were spending their time to ask why below your avatar you had team: San Antonio Spurs

you have been the biggest player fan of ST and now you are tired of player fans... How convenient.

dude you are a clown

The majority of the Spurs fans probably agree with his Parker's criticism. It's gotten to the point where he's now a liability on both ends of the floor. I sure hope he gets back to his usual self.

tuncaboylu
01-10-2015, 08:10 AM
I think this thread being a joke post by post.

Parker is having though times since his injury and his struggle is understandable. He's of course is not done, he has a good 3-4 more years in his front. We should give our support on him.

pgardn
01-10-2015, 10:05 AM
If the fastest player on our team with the ball is done, we are done.
It was very apparent he was not prime Tony last season, yet we played some of the best basketball the planet has ever seen. These posters pronouncing him finished might as well pack it up because we won't go back to back without him playing as the fastest player on our team. This does not mean he is going to get to the basket like he used to. It does mean that Manu and Tony can still represent a capable threat of penetrating, just like last year. It also cannot be understated how important fast guys are to close out games with the ball.

Has anyone happened to notice how much more difficult it is merely inbounding the ball under pressure at the end of close games... There are so many things that are easier if both Tony and Manu are healthy, little things that are taken for granted. We have now again seen what happens when Manu has to do most of the heavy lifting. A partnership of ball handling duties is sorely needed.

pgardn
01-10-2015, 10:39 AM

dude you are a clown

:clap:clap

ElNono
01-10-2015, 10:45 AM

Gonna be difficult to move him, but at the same time, if Manu/Tim hang them up, it might not matter, tbh...

ChumpDumper
01-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Honest question faggot: Why don't you ever just say what you're trying to say? You're not being deep, intelligent, edgy, or anything. You kind of just seem like a bitch that is too scared to share his opinion. You're not a moderator, this isn't a fucking debate class, you should honestly just grow some balls. :toastHonest answer: You're not very smart if you can't figure out what my opinion is. I can't think for you.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2015, 11:03 AM

I'm tired of these player-fans, tbh..lol

Brazil
01-10-2015, 12:36 PM
The majority of the Spurs fans probably agree with his Parker's criticism. It's gotten to the point where he's now a liability on both ends of the floor. I sure hope he gets back to his usual self.

:lol I agree with Parker's criticism but this has nothing to do with my post. I disagree on the POs part but everybody is entitled to his opinion. Now that this Harlem clown is playing the logo Spurs first card makes me :lmao knowing his history and his Lebron suckage. He can go fuck himself with his blabla spur fan antiquated it's not 2012 anymore and his <3 Westbrook knowing he spent 4 years rooting for Lebron and the Heat.

Brazil
01-10-2015, 12:44 PM
I also find rich the: " I'm tired of player fans" :cry when his troll apalisoc is the biggest player fan you can find with his Kawhi is humble, best player ever, wish he gets the max or sign for another team and 86 threads to celebrate Kawhi greatness. :cry elite poster :cry

buffon

scanry
01-10-2015, 12:46 PM
:lol I agree with Parker's criticism but this has nothing to do with my post. I disagree on the POs part but everybody is entitled to his opinion. Now that this Harlem clown is playing the logo Spurs first card makes me :lmao knowing his history and his Lebron suckage. He can go fuck himself with his blabla spur fan antiquated it's not 2012 anymore and his <3 Westbrook knowing he spent 4 years rooting for Lebron and the Heat.

Relax dude. No one's putting a gun to your head to take him seriously. Harlem brings much needed humor to this board and what's wrong in appreciating players like Lebron & Westbrook? You can be a fan of a team and yet like other players. Heck Jack Nicholson was a big MJ fan back in the 90's.

Brazil
01-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Relax dude. No one's putting a gun to your head to take him seriously. Harlem brings much needed humor to this board and what's wrong in appreciating players like Lebron & Westbrook? You can be a fan of a team and yet like other players. Heck Jack Nicholson was a big MJ fan back in the 90's.

There is nothing wrong with appreciating any players but when you are yourself a groupie of a player don't talk shit to others for the same thing.

he also can fuck himself for his je suis tony classy thread . I sure hope his head is gonna blow up after a lunatic destroyed the building where he lives.

scanry
01-10-2015, 01:00 PM
There is nothing wrong with appreciating any players but when you are yourself a groupie of a player don't talk shit to others for the same thing.

he also can fuck himself for his je suis tony classy thread . I sure hope his head is gonna blow up after a lunatic destroyed the building where he lives.

Fair enough.

superbigtime
01-10-2015, 02:02 PM
Tony is still a badass.

apalisoc_9
01-10-2015, 03:32 PM
I'm not a player fan and I'm not harlem tbh..

I've been a fan way before Kawhi even entered college.

Malik Hairston
01-10-2015, 04:40 PM
Spurs are playing against the worst defensive team in the NBA tonight..I expect Parker to have a nice game, tbh, considering he thrives against shitty regular season teams..

ducks
01-10-2015, 04:44 PM

:lollol

EVAY
01-10-2015, 05:17 PM
I assume that this thread will get bumped occasionally just like the "Will Manu ever score 20 points in a game again?" thread gets bumped every so often.

Tony looks slow and prone to bad judgments in the lane this season...if he can turn some of that around, he still has a ton to offer, not the least of which is a knowledge and understanding of the team's offensive set that is more than any one else on the team outside of Tim and Manu.

EVAY
01-10-2015, 05:19 PM

FkLA
01-10-2015, 05:29 PM
Yeah, some idiot (probably you) will bump it when his midrange jumper is falling. It will be fools gold though. His speed and quickness is what made him a good player, the midrange jumper was just to compliment it.

Malik Hairston
01-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Yeah, some idiot (probably you) will bump it when his midrange jumper is falling. It will be fools gold though. His speed and quickness is what made him a good player, the midrange jumper was just to compliment it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see people bump your thread if Parker plays well vs. the 30th ranked defense in the NBA tonight, tbh:lol..

FkLA
01-10-2015, 05:39 PM
^Fully expecting his 'minute restriction', which ST keeps touting even though Pop himself said it no longer exists, to disappear as well. :lol

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Cry Havoc will most likely bump this thread, along with some other apalisoc threads the next time Enrique doesn't have a shitty game.

Diego20
01-10-2015, 06:33 PM
hater and thegreatfaggot will bump this saying: "this team goes as far as enrique,etc etc"

apalisoc_9
01-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Cry Havoc will most likely bump this thread, along with some other apalisoc threads the next time Enrique doesn't have a shitty game.

That guy is as fruity as it gets..

Brazil
01-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see people bump your thread if Parker plays well vs. the 30th ranked defense in the NBA tonight, tbh:lol..

U such a faggot tbh:lol..

Hoops Czar
01-10-2015, 07:22 PM
U such a faggot tbh:lol..

This is Harlem's schtick. He's done it for years. He lambastes him all season so in the oft chance he makes an impact tonight, he won't get called out. Frankly, I'm surprised posters don't see through this by now. He said the same thing before the Detroit game because Parker feasts on bad teams. He didn't and the Parker roast continued. I hope he goes for 30 and 10.

Brazil
01-10-2015, 07:26 PM
This is Harlem's schtick. He's done it for years. He lambastes him all season so in the oft chance he makes an impact tonight, he won't get called out. Frankly, I'm surprised posters don't see through this by now. He said the same thing before the Detroit game because Parker feasts on bad teams. He didn't and the Parker roast continued. I hope he goes for 30 and 10.

he is just a huge faggot hiding behind his tbh:lol..

And honestly on Parker I don't give a fuck

apalisoc_9
01-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Why are people so sensitive here :lol

FkLA
01-10-2015, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I agree. Brazil seems frustrated due to Enrique's decline and is trying to take those frustrations out on posters. He claims he doesn't care about the decline but it's obvious that that is not true.

It's ok brah. I hear Gobert is becoming a monster up in Utah tbh.

Brazil
01-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I agree. Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) seems frustrated due to Enrique's decline and is trying to take those frustrations out on posters. He claims he doesn't care about the decline but it's obvious that that is not true.

It's ok brah. I hear Gobert is becoming a monster up in Utah tbh.

Sure thing brah I'm frustrated :lol just calling like it is... His thread je suis tony is just sickening and his rant about player fans is laughable at best.

on parker as i don't give a fuck... Not crying over a guy making millions because some fans don't like him. As I said also a million time I'm the first to say Parker sucks so far.

i will speak about decline when sample size will be bigger tbh

Johnny RIngo
01-10-2015, 07:51 PM

All of last year and half of this year isn't a big enough sample size?

rogues
01-10-2015, 07:51 PM
Sure thing brah I'm frustrated :lol just calling like it is... His thread je suis tony is just sickening and his rant about player fans is laughable at best.

on parker as i don't give a fuck... Not crying over a guy making millions because some fans don't like him. As I said also a million time I'm the first to say Parker sucks so far.

:lol I've enjoyed your week long meltdown, tbh..Harlem has you dancing on ice..which is to say, very dangerous..

apalisoc_9
01-10-2015, 07:52 PM

What's sickening about his thread..

It was legit question..Some players have uped their game after tragic incidents.

People are so sensitive here..:lol

Brazil
01-10-2015, 07:53 PM
All of last year and half of this year isn't a big enough sample size?

Half a year is not a big enough sample size no

Brazil
01-10-2015, 07:55 PM
What's sickening about his thread..

It was legit question..Some players have uped their game after tragic incidents.

People are so sensitive here..:lol

you are right niggah I should have asked dat question about duncan after 9/11

:lol legit question.

Btw props on your :cry I'm not a player fan... Very entertaining

pgardn
01-10-2015, 07:56 PM
If he was done last year I want that done Parker back.

We won a championship.

What does done mean? Does it mean he has declined to the degree we have better PG(s) on the team currently?

Brazil
01-10-2015, 07:57 PM
:lol I've enjoyed your week long meltdown, tbh..Harlem has you dancing on ice..which is to say, very dangerous..

:lol I'm glad you being entertained tbh:lol..

brah I wanted to tell you I <3 Westbrook too

Hoops Czar
01-10-2015, 08:49 PM

I've enjoyed your two week retirement, tbh!!

ElNono
01-10-2015, 09:19 PM
Tony playing better this game, tbh...

Malik Hairston
01-10-2015, 09:59 PM

Well, so much for that:lmao..

hater
01-10-2015, 09:59 PM

agree. looks better with every passing second. as he told Shawn, he has only played 2 games in the lat month :tu

ElNono
01-10-2015, 10:20 PM
Needs to cut down on the turnovers.... some of them are ridiculous, tbh

pgardn
01-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Long way to go still.
He is not close to ready yet.
Not fooled by #s

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-10-2015, 10:26 PM
:lol he can't even have a good game against one of the worst teams in the league. daye had no trouble going off. enrique fans deflecting per par :lmao

apalisoc_9
01-10-2015, 10:28 PM
man the offense looks so predictable with parker running the show..

It's either midrange tony or tim..

Disgusting..

FkLA
01-10-2015, 10:34 PM
He normally thrived against weaklings like the TWolves. This is starting to be really worrisome. Kinda sad that 12 pts, 1 asst is now considered solid for a player who not too long ago was arguably the best PG in the league.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2015, 10:39 PM
lol spurfan

pgardn
01-10-2015, 10:40 PM
He normally thrived against weaklings like the TWolves. This is starting to be really worrisome. Kinda sad that 12 pts, 1 asst is now considered solid for a player who not too long ago was arguably the best PG in the league.

I thought he was done...

FkLA
01-10-2015, 10:49 PM
I thought he was done...

Sure but even I didn't think he would struggle against teams like the Wolves.

Even Daye went off on them...

Malik Hairston
01-10-2015, 10:52 PM
Out of respect for Tony's accomplishments and status as a Spur, I don't mind if he starts and plays 10-15 MPG, hopefully productive minutes, tbh..

Pop needs to keep his minutes around that number, anything more is pushing it IMO..

ElNono
01-10-2015, 11:17 PM
Pop has actually been pretty quick with the hook on Tony so far... For example, both Cojo and Patty played more minutes than him tonight against the Wolves...

Mikeanaro
01-10-2015, 11:26 PM
He needs to change his game since he is a little slower and do what he did in the finals, TP worst enemy is himself not the other team PG.

Diego20
01-10-2015, 11:26 PM
1 assist and 3 turnovers, what a playmaker here :cry

Malik Hairston
01-10-2015, 11:32 PM
1 assist and 3 turnovers, what a playmaker here :cry

:lmao..

Russo21
01-11-2015, 12:46 AM
I forgot there was a game on tv today. And only switched it on during the 4th quarter. Parker was pathetic in the short time I watched. Ignored teammates to go for a crazy layup that had no chance going in. He looked shit every time he touched the ball and the team hardly passed the ball fluently. I seem more confident when Patty and Cory are on the court. There is 0% chance he gets traded so I hope he picks up his game as he look like our 3rd best PG at the moment.

Clipper Nation
01-11-2015, 02:14 AM
And honestly on Parker I don't give a fuck

That's false, you immediately log on to start semen-shielding Enrique whenever people start speaking the truth about him upstairs :lol

houston spurs fan
01-11-2015, 03:21 AM
Spurs fans on this site suck tbh. No respect, no appreciation.

Malik Hairston
01-11-2015, 03:23 AM
^^doesn't make sense, tbh..

I appreciate everything David Robinson did for the Spurs, but that doesn't mean I would want him to be the Spurs' starting C right now:lol..

Enrique is in the same boat..I greatly appreciate his 2007 run, the first 3 rounds of the 2013 run, and a bunch of great regular seasons, but it's 2015 now, and that nigga Father Time doesn't fuck around..

Johnny RIngo
01-11-2015, 05:31 AM
He needs to change his game since he is a little slower and do what he did in the finals, TP worst enemy is himself not the other team PG.

There's not really much he can do. He never was a good enough shooter or passer to have the kind of longevity guys like Stockton and Nash had. He's relied on his speed in order to be effective. Without it, he's pretty much useless. Front office fucked up giving him that bloated Kobe contract. Handicapped the future of this team.

FkLA
01-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Can we trade this faggot please?

Not since Dick Jefferson have I felt like this about a player. Seeing him out on the floor makes me lose my shit. Just play Patty or Cojo (whoever is hot) in the 4th going forward.

TheGreatYacht
01-13-2015, 09:24 PM
Deflecting cause his idol is getting shitted on :lmao

ElNono
01-13-2015, 09:24 PM
He had a nice stretch in the 3rd quarter...

Nathan89
01-13-2015, 09:25 PM
Agreed Tony gives me the same feelings as rj did.

Malik Hairston
01-13-2015, 09:27 PM
He's essentially Jeremy Lin at this point, tbh..take that however you want it, whether you think it's positive or negative:lol..

FkLA
01-22-2015, 10:44 PM
http://automotiveeducators.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/fork-in-turkey.jpg

Done.

Nathan89
01-22-2015, 10:46 PM
:greedy:cry

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-22-2015, 10:46 PM
yep

apalisoc_9
01-22-2015, 10:50 PM
He tried his best to make sure Kawhi didn't go for a xareer high on National TV..

Did you see him ignoring Kawhi when he running the point in the third?

Waive his ass..

Addition by subtraction...

He's been holding down the spurs youngsters for the last two years now.

wildcardX
01-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Eh, I think he has one more good run in him. I'll give him support, see if he can get back on track by seasons end.

FkLA
01-22-2015, 11:23 PM
He tried his best to make sure Kawhi didn't go for a xareer high on National TV..

Did you see him ignoring Kawhi when he running the point in the third?

Waive his ass..

Addition by subtraction...

He's been holding down the spurs youngsters for the last two years now.

There was a play in the third quarter were Enrique had the ball on the right wing of the three point line, Kawhi was at the top of the three point line, and Manu was at the left wing of the three point line. Kawhi was asking for it and no joke Enrique literally dribbled around him and handed it off to Manu on the other side.

That's actually why I started the 'why are they ignoring Kawhi' thread. :lol

apalisoc_9
01-22-2015, 11:25 PM
There was a play in the third quarter were Enrique had the ball on the right wing of the three point line, Kawhi was at the top of the three point line, and Manu was at the left wing of the three point line. Kawhi was asking for it and no joke Enrique literally dribbled around him and handed it off to Manu on the other side.

That's actually why I started the 'why are they ignoring Kawhi' thread. :lol

Post Vids man..Going to spread this BS. Give me the minute...I must have missed this play when I went to the washroom.

FkLA
01-22-2015, 11:51 PM
Post Vids man..Going to spread this BS. Give me the minute...I must have missed this play when I went to the washroom.

Middle of the third bro. Don't remember the exact minute but ill upload to youtube tomorrow if I get a chance tbh.

Johnny RIngo
01-23-2015, 12:27 AM
I don't think Enrique ignores Kawhi on purpose - he just has piss poor court vision. Just another example of his mediocre bball IQ. It's why he's not aging well - he always relied on his athleticism(quickness) in order to be effective. Without it, he's a garbage player. Contrast that with Manu and Duncan who have aged extremely well due to their high IQ and fundamentals. TP won't even be in the NBA at age 37.

FkLA
01-23-2015, 12:31 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOvXoiNPcQs

Dunno maybe I am overexaggerating but it doesn't look like a play was being run since Timmy is casually walking with his back turned. Bobo was trying to establish position and once that failed it turned into a broken play imo. Looks like Kawhi was expecting a hand off from Enrique's outside shoulder and Enrique just decided to dribble around him to give it to Manu instead. :lol

Mikeanaro
01-23-2015, 12:38 AM
Nope, that was selfish and stupid he did that to Manu a million times regular Rique.
Every time he is in charge shit like this happens all the time and he just never passes the ball to a hot player.
Floor general my ass.

apalisoc_9
01-23-2015, 12:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOvXoiNPcQs

Dunno maybe I am overexaggerating but it doesn't look like a play was being run since Timmy is casually walking with his back turned. Bobo was trying to establish position and once that failed it turned into a broken play imo. Looks like Kawhi was expecting a hand off from Enrique's outside shoulder and Enrique just decided to dribble around him to give it to Manu instead. :lol

Kawhi asked for the ball and Parker refused..Plain and simple. He had the hot hand and guy would rather dribble things out..Disgusting

Tiim should have asked for the ball though to get Diaw the ball and it would have been an easy basket.

DJR210
01-23-2015, 01:00 AM
Did TP even play today?

Chomag
01-23-2015, 01:09 AM
People here thought I was crazy calling me all sorts of names when I said I thought the extension was a mistake. Im still hoping im wrong though.

Darius Bieber
01-23-2015, 01:12 AM
Chris Paul had 17 assists tonight. How many did Tony have? 3.

objective
01-23-2015, 02:03 AM
It's stunning how terribly the front office did on Parker's extension. Stunning.

How they don't just wait is mind boggling.

This is the same miserly team that penny pinched and strong armed in negotiations with almost everybody. Stephen Jacks round one.. David Robinson until he finally had to threaten going to New York. They refused to pay Scola. They try to squeeze Baynes. Parker's first big contract. George Hill on his rookie deal, James Anderson too.

But they lost their minds on the extension.

Sean Cagney
01-23-2015, 02:11 AM
It's stunning how terribly the front office did on Parker's extension. Stunning.

This is the same miserly team that penny pinched and strong armed in negotiations with almost everybody. Stephen Jacks round one.. David Robinson until he finally had to threaten going to New York. They refused to pay Scola. They try to squeeze Baynes. Parker's first big contract. George Hill on his rookie deal, James Anderson too.

They did make him a Spur for life though honestly. I guess that was their mission? If so he is here for the long run and will retire a Spur like he should. Was the contract bad? Maybe looking at it RIGHT NOW, but honestly hindsight 20/20 going into the season.

apalisoc_9
01-23-2015, 02:12 AM
If he can figure out he's a role player, maybe he can be useful...

Johnny RIngo
01-23-2015, 06:54 AM
Chris Paul had 17 assists tonight. How many did Tony have? 3.

Not a fair comparison, man. Paul actually has talent(phenomenal court vision for example). Parker's just a run-of-the-mill scoring point that heavily relied on his quickness in his prime. Never was a creative passer or all that great in running a ream's offense(except for the 2013 season which is looking like an aberration now)

Johnny RIngo
01-23-2015, 06:59 AM

Reminds me of the 2007 offseason. Spurs stay the same and all the contenders making moves to get better. Still ridiculous they chose not to use the MLE.

Diego20
01-23-2015, 08:45 AM
Deflecting cause his idol is getting shitted on :lmao

btw you complained Manu being overpaid in the 2012-2013 season, now are you going to say the same with your idol Enrique? :cry. I hopes so..

Johnny RIngo
01-23-2015, 09:12 AM
btw you complained Manu being overpaid in the 2012-2013 season, now are you going to say the same with your idol Enrique? :cry. I hopes so..

TheGreatYacht, hater and the rest of the Tony Parker defense force are all shit posters. These people are so warped with their obsession with Tony that they think everyone criticizing Parker are Manu fans(ridiculous, I know) As a result, their only counter to the Tony Parker criticism is bashing Manu...which makes no sense since Manu's been pretty damn good this year and last year.

in2deep
01-23-2015, 09:23 AM
he looks bad and even hurt out there. I am not sure more playing time will fix that. it's sad. If seedings become more and more important, Pop needs to decide to start playing Cojo and Mills more. I am not confident on Parker to fix his game anytime soon.

Diego20
01-23-2015, 09:38 AM
Enrique off the bench? Cojo starter maybe? Enrique's shitty D won't be an issue when he's going to guard the PG second unit of the enemy..

Johnny RIngo
01-23-2015, 09:43 AM
Enrique off the bench? Cojo starter maybe? Enrique's shitty D won't be an issue when he's going to guard the PG second unit of the enemy..

I don't want Frenchie to fuck up the Patty/Manu chemistry. I'd rather Parker just not play right now. The Tony Parker defense force keeps using the injured excuse. If that's the case, he should take a few more weeks off before he sinks this team out of the playoffs.

FkLA
01-23-2015, 09:47 AM
I don't want Frenchie to fuck up the Patty/Manu chemistry. I'd rather Parker just not play right now. The Tony Parker defense force keeps using the injured excuse. If that's the case, he should take a few more weeks off before he sinks this team out of the playoffs.

Yeah, at this point I'd rather he milk that mild asscheek strain the whole year. It's a minor, day-to-day injury but if he wants to continue to use it to mask his decline I'd be more than happy to go along with it.

Diego20
01-23-2015, 09:48 AM

Yeah I forgot about that, trade Enrique.. oh wait nobody is going to pay that contract :lol

Diego20
01-23-2015, 09:54 AM
Mills, Manu, Kawhi, Duncan and Diaw starters (good ball movement)

Enrique,Cojo/Belinelli, Green, Splitter, Baynes off the bench? I know Enrique and Belinelli can't play at the same time so in that case Cojo and Belinelli as PG and SG respectively..

:bobo

FkLA
01-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Nah if it was up to me I'd do:

Cojo/Green/Kawhi/Duncan/Splitter
Manu/Patty/Beli/Diaw/Baynes

Limit Beli's minutes by playing Kawhi 35-40 mpg. He's young, hungry and has sat out half the season. Let Enrique sulk while he nurses his mild asscheek strain.

hater
01-23-2015, 10:22 AM
if it was up to me I'd do:

"if it was up to me"

:lmao :lol

it'll be up to Cantinflas dead body before it's up to you faggot :lmao

FkLA
01-23-2015, 10:31 AM
"if it was up to me"

:lmao :lol

it'll be up to Cantinflas dead body before it's up to you faggot :lmao

No shit. Doesn't mean I'm necessarily wrong though.

I think you see Enrique's decline too. Don't think you are in denial like some other posters. You just have to maintain your schtick which I understand. :tu

hater
01-23-2015, 10:39 AM
No shit. Doesn't mean I'm necessarily wrong though.

I think you see Enrique's decline too. Don't think you are in denial like some other posters. You just have to maintain your schtick which I understand. :tu

never denied Parker is struggling to get to 100% tbh

He's currently at 60%. I, like most true spursfans hope he can get to 90% at least for us to have a chance in hell. If Tony does not get to even 80% we'll get bounced in round 1 or 2. if you think that's "schtick" then go ahead and think so :tu

Diego20
01-23-2015, 10:45 AM

He's currently at 60%. I, like most true spursfans hope he can get to 90% at least for us to have a chance in hell. If Tony does not get to even 80% we'll get bounced in round 1 or 2. if you think that's "schtick" then go ahead and think so :tu

KL2
01-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Spurs should trade Parker asap, he's on the decline, especially defensively.

He's never been that good to begin with tbh, he's always been outplayed or matched by opposing PG's with less help. Parker is a system player.

lefty
01-23-2015, 10:51 AM

He's never been that good to begin with tbh, he's always been outplayed or matched by opposing PG's with less help. Parker is a system player.

Chomag
01-23-2015, 11:04 AM
Ball movment on the O aside Even Parker fans should have a concern that he has become a huge liability on the defensive end. Spurs just dont have the quik intimidating shot blockes on the roster to compisate for the penetration from whom parker is guarding. Parker just looks all around bad out there.

SnakeBoy
01-23-2015, 11:15 AM

That's why it's amazing that these fools continue to root against Tony. They're rooting for an early exit and are too stupid to realize it.

hater
01-23-2015, 11:16 AM
That's why it's amazing that these fools continue to root against Tony. They're rooting for an early exit and are too stupid to realize it.

prety much

but hey, they ride the Yellow Short Bus for a reason :rolleyes

Diego20
01-23-2015, 11:21 AM
prety much

but hey, they ride the Yellow Short Bus for a reason :rolleyes

saying the same shit of "yellow short bus for a reason" over and over..

Someone says something about Enrique, you quote him saying "yellow short bus for a reason" bla bla

Johnny RIngo
01-23-2015, 12:46 PM

Nobody's rooting against Tony. We all want to see the team play better but that's just not possible with Tony Parker running the offense.

Johnny RIngo
01-23-2015, 12:48 PM

Mostly agree. Duncan and Manu would have been legends on any team in the league - Parker, not so much. Extremely fortunate to have played his career in San Antonio.

james evans
01-23-2015, 12:50 PM
his defense needs to get a bit better he does annoying shit now that he has never done in the past. Declining, or rusty? Still the only player on the team that can over a game anywhere on the floor when he gets going.
get better? HE'S NEVER HAD DEFENSE HIS WHOLE NBA CAREER? so how at going on 33 is it gonna get better? his 2nd year in the league(when kidd was killing him in the finals) it was covered up cuz u had a prime duncan and old but servicable robinson) saving him. Every year the spurs would ad big men to play along side duncan and defensive wings , now we have leonard and splitter. I just don't understand how people don't see this shit. Some actually see it, but want to lie to themselves. if you were shitty on defense in your prime, you're gonna be even worse at the end of your careeer

james evans
01-23-2015, 12:52 PM
Nobody's rooting against Tony. We all want to see the team play better but that's just not possible with Tony Parker running the offense.
at best he's a rod strickland or dana barros type player on another team. When people try to make Parker out to be this great all time player it's hilarious.

Ditty
01-23-2015, 01:39 PM
get better? HE'S NEVER HAD DEFENSE HIS WHOLE NBA CAREER? so how at going on 33 is it gonna get better? his 2nd year in the league(when kidd was killing him in the finals) it was covered up cuz u had a prime duncan and old but servicable robinson) saving him. Every year the spurs would ad big men to play along side duncan and defensive wings , now we have leonard and splitter. I just don't understand how people don't see this shit. Some actually see it, but want to lie to themselves. if you were shitty on defense in your prime, you're gonna be even worse at the end of your careeer

:lol Okay Johnny, Parker is very good one on one defender. His speed helps, but to say that he has never had defense is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Of course lately Parker has struggled on pick n rolls, but Duncan doesn't help him out too much either being one of the worst big man pick n roll defenders in the league.

Johnny RIngo
01-23-2015, 01:46 PM
Okay Johnny, Parker is very good one on one defender. His speed helps, but to say that he has never had defense is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Of course lately Parker has struggled on pick n rolls, but Duncan doesn't help him out too much either being one of the worst big man pick n roll defenders in the league.

:rollin

Fuzzy Dunlop
01-23-2015, 01:49 PM

:lol oh my god. enrique fans really are up there with LG Kobe fans now. y'all are way too delusional.

Ditty
01-23-2015, 01:53 PM

Don't know what you've been watching over the years, of course anything positive about Parker you're going to shoot it down :lol

:cry +/- stats matter :cry

KL2
01-23-2015, 01:56 PM
:lol Okay Johnny, Parker is very good one on one defender. His speed helps, but to say that he has never had defense is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Of course lately Parker has struggled on pick n rolls, but Duncan doesn't help him out too much either being one of the worst big man pick n roll defenders in the league.

Parker's defense is horrible, he's literally the worst defender in the NBA this year. He's never been a good defender, hustle stuff here and there but he's always had someone to cover for him.

Think about it, every time the opposing team had a star PG he almost never guards them, and when he does he usually gets burned or outplayed.
From the beginning of his career he had Duncan/D-Rob packing the paint, then Bowen on the perimeter guarding opposing PG's for years all the way up until '09.

Once both guys were on the decline Parker's defensive flaws started to show. He got killed in '09 by Barea/Kidd/Terry etc., '10 by Nash/Dragic (Nash has a history of owning Parker), '11 he played like shit and was horrible on defense, '12-15 he's had Parker-Leonard-Splitter to cover for him. They've helped lock down the most elite back courts in the West year after year.

Johnny RIngo
01-23-2015, 01:58 PM
Don't know what you've been watching over the years, of course anything positive about Parker you're going to shoot it down :lol

:cry +/- stats matter :cry

What defense was Parker playing last night when scrubs like brooks and tony snell torched him?

KL2
01-23-2015, 02:02 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/12/sort/DRPM

http://i62.tinypic.com/r7mxwh.png

Hey, he's not that bad, barely 460 out of 463 NBA players of all positions when it comes to DRPM.

Imagine if he didn't have Green/Leonard guarding those all star back courts night after night, or Splitter/Duncan in the paint...And the Spurs weren't trying to hide him on scrubs either.

Last year they hid him on Jackson against Okc who had a bum ankle.

Johnny RIngo
01-23-2015, 02:04 PM

Hey, he's not that bad, barely 460 out of 463 NBA players of all positions when it comes to DRPM.

Imagine if he didn't have Green/Leonard guarding those all star back courts night after night, or Splitter/Duncan in the paint. And the Spurs weren't trying to hide him on scrubs either.

Last year they hid him on Jackson against Okc who had a bum ankle.

:lol holy shit! I knew he was bad on D but that's fucking atrocious.

lefty
01-23-2015, 02:07 PM

Imagine if he didn't have Green/Leonard guarding those all star back courts night after night, or Splitter/Duncan in the paint...And the Spurs weren't trying to hide him on scrubs either.

Last year they hid him on Jackson against Okc who had a bum ankle. hater

hater
01-23-2015, 02:10 PM
I was the first to admit Tony is playing at 60% tbh (still recovering) whether he will recover fully is an open question.

Regardless, this team will go as far as MVParker takes em. As I said if TP doesn't regain 80% we are getting bounced in round 1 or 2. If he doesn't regain 90% we have no chance in hell to go all the way.

james evans
01-23-2015, 02:13 PM
it's not even worth responding to. cuz we can start to break down playoff series. and we can talk about how bobby jackson last season was looking like allen iverson against us when westbrook was out. After that 1st sentence, his agenda was known. I don't want to see parker fail, cuz when he fails, the team mostly fails. I'd like to see him do good. What spurs fan doesn't? I want him to prove me wrong. I want to be wrong.

Johnny RIngo
01-23-2015, 02:22 PM
at best he's a rod strickland or dana barros type player on another team. When people try to make Parker out to be this great all time player it's hilarious.

I remember in the mid 2000s when prime Duncan and prime Manu received most of the defensive attention from opposing teams, you'd think Parker would take advantage of the situation. He never did. Highly inefficient in the playoffs despite playing with two greats like TD and Manu. That's why I always considered it more of a big Two back then. Parker's impact was never on the same level as TD or Manu. It was more like role player impact. 2005 Finals are a good example - Horry was more important than Parker in that series.

Ditty
01-23-2015, 02:28 PM
Parker's defense is horrible, he's literally the worst defender in the NBA this year. He's never been a good defender, hustle stuff here and there but he's always had someone to cover for him.

Think about it, every time the opposing team had a star PG he almost never guards them, and when he does he usually gets burned or outplayed.
From the beginning of his career he had Duncan/D-Rob packing the paint, then Bowen on the perimeter guarding opposing PG's for years all the way up until '09.

Once both guys were on the decline Parker's defensive flaws started to show. He got killed in '09 by Barea/Kidd/Terry etc., '10 by Nash/Dragic (Nash has a history of owning Parker), '11 he played like shit and was horrible on defense, '12-15 he's had Parker-Leonard-Splitter to cover for him. They've helped lock down the most elite back courts in the West year after year.

Make some good points here. 09 I see your point but Josh Howard and Terry were raping everyone even Hill (who was lost the whole game 5 on defense), Bowen, Finley, Udoka who were okay defenders at that time. '10 Nash was destroying Hill also, Dragic had one fluke game . 11' was the only year I can say that Parker was getting completely outplayed on both ends by Conley, but you can make an argument how the whole team was getting outplayed but blame it on Parker :cry. Parker did redeem himself greatly playing well on both ends against Conley, Paul, Curry (when guarded him) and (2012)Westbrook. Yeah Parker isn't an "elite" defender, and hasn't been pretty bad this year for the most part on both, but to say he has been horrible his whole career again is dumb to say the least.

Ditty
01-23-2015, 02:29 PM
What defense was Parker playing last night when scrubs like brooks and tony snell torched him?

The same defense everyone else on the team was playing :lol

vma16
01-23-2015, 02:41 PM
damnd, talk about throwing our people under the bus.... Parker is living history of this organization

Johnny RIngo
01-23-2015, 02:47 PM
damnd, talk about throwing our people under the bus.... Parker is living history of this organization

Rockets traded Hakeem at end of his career. Knicks dumped Ewing. Parker's certainly not on the level of those two and shouldn't be treated like an untouchable player. Duncan's the only true legend on the Spurs right now. Maybe Manu(he's a fan favorite). Parker? Hell no.

hater
01-23-2015, 02:47 PM
The same defense everyone else on the team was playing :lol

:lmao owned

Ditty
01-23-2015, 02:54 PM

Bunch of crybabies when we finally aren't doing great tbh

No matter how much our guys suck at times, I will still try my best to like the guys until they are traded *cough cough* Richard Jefferson

Malik Hairston
01-23-2015, 03:04 PM
How exactly did Tony Parker receive "legend" status with the Spurs? Sure, it's not surprising that the same organization that retired the numbers of Avery Johnson and Bruce Bowen(although I love Bruce as much as any Spurs fan) would inflate the legacy and impact of a good(not great) player like Parker, but legend?

Outside of the 2007 and 2013(until the most important games of the season, 6&7 vs. Miami) playoffs, this nigga has been a constant playoff under-achiever..the Spurs were never able to rely on him to show up in big games, it was essentially always Duncan and Ginobili + the role players(Bruce, Horry, all the guys from last year, etc)..

It seems like Spurs fans have forgotten, though, as they actually have the audacity to mock Chris Paul and others for their playoff failures, when in reality, our "legendary" PG has been a constant playoff disappointment..

Everybody was cool with bashing Manu when he struggled in 2013, look it up, tbh, they all forgot how he always stepped up in big games for the Spurs..